World Ocean Day 2021 Theme: World Ocean Day 2021 is observed every year on 8th June to spread awareness about the important role of the ocean in individual life and the method to protect it all over the world. On this World Ocean Day 2021 Theme, we not only honor the ocean but also find and implement ways to conserve and protect the ocean. It is the responsibility of each and every individual to participate in World Ocean Day 2021 and make a major contribution to protecting and conserving the ocean. Therefore, it is important to gather with your friends, family, and community to build a safe future for everyone.
The ocean covers ¾ part of the earth’s surface. It includes numerous life i.e plants, animals, and other living organisms. The oceans are known as the lungs of the planet as it is a major part of the biosphere, offer oxygen to breathe and a great source for life- saving medicine & food for every living being. Therefore, World Ocean Day 2021 Theme is celebrated to maintain water equilibrium and save the sea and marine resources along with the lives on the earth. Read the article further to get complete details about World Ocean Day 2021 Theme.
World Ocean Day 2021 Theme
- The main aim of this year’s World Ocean Day is on the life and livelihood sustained by Ocean.
- The World Ocean Day 2021 theme is “The Ocean: Life and Livelihood”.
World Ocean Day 2021 History
In the year 1992, the proposal of World Ocean Day was passed at the earth summit in Rio De Janeiro. The main concept behind this idea was to celebrate the connection of the world and individual life with the ocean. This would spread awareness about the importance of the ocean in our lives and the ways we can protect it. In the year 2008, the United Nations General Assembly declared World Ocean Day to be celebrated every year on the 8th of June to address the problem related to the ocean and implement several ways to protect it.
Importance of World Ocean Day 2021
- The ocean is the home to humankind and planet earth
- It is the main source of protein for more than a billion people depend upon the ocean all over the world.
- The ocean is known to be a major part of the water cycle.
- The ocean also plays a big role in the economy, as it generates job opportunities for sailors, fishermen, diving schools, water sports businesses, and etc.
- The ocean absorbs the carbon dioxide produced by human beings and saves lives from the danger of global warming.
- Half of the oxygen is also produced by the marine plants which humans and animals breathe for survival.
World Ocean Day 2021 Quotes
- Faith is knowing there is an ocean because you have seen a brook.” —William Arthur Ward.
- “Water and air, the two essential fluids on which all life depends, have become global garbage cans.” — Jacques Yves Cousteau, Oceanographer.
- “We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch, we are going back from whence we came.” —John F. Kennedy.
- Being out there in the ocean, God’s creation, it’s like a gift he has given us to enjoy.–Bethany Hamilton.
- “The Ocean is a mighty harmonist.” —William Wordsworth.
- “No water, no life. No blue, no green.” —Sylvia Earle.
- “One drop of water helps to swell the ocean; none are too small, too feeble, too poor to be of service. Think of this and act.” —Hannah More.
- “Without water, our planet would be one of the billions of lifeless rocks floating endlessly in the vastness of the inky-black void.”— Fabien Cousteau.
- To me, the sea is a continual miracle. The fishes that swim the rocks, the motion of the waves, the ships, with men in them. What strange miracles are there? –Walt Whitman.
- “The real cure for our environmental problems is to understand that our job is to salvage Mother Nature. We are facing a formidable enemy in this field. It is the hunters… and to convince them to leave their guns on the wall is going to be very difficult.” — Jacques Yves Cousteau, Oceanographer.
- “The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.” —Jacques Cousteau.