Removing of Article 370 & 35A: Details of Article 370 Jammu & Kashmir PDF available here!!! Our Union Home Minister Amit Shah has proposed a resolution in the Upper House (Rajya Sabha) to repeal Article 370 from Jammu & Kashmir which gives special status for the state Jammu & Kashmir. The article 370 is a temporary provision granting special autonomous status to Jammu and Kashmir. Now the Government of India has scrapped the article 370 and divide the Jammu & Kashmir into two Unior Territories(UTs). One is Jammu & Kashmir and another one is Ladhak. Jammu & Kashmir is having with a Legislature & Ladhak is without having a Legislature.
Precautionary Steps took by the Indian Government in J&K:
- Due to this proposal of removing the article from the Jammu & Kashmir, the opposition parties have proposed their strong opposition against this repeal and adjourned the Upper house.
- Then after that, the last night(Sunday) the Govt of India has taken the former chief ministers of Jammu & Kashmir Mehbooba Mufti & Omar Abdullah into a house arrest. Along with they have temporarily banned communication services like Mobile, Broadband Internet Connection & Cable TV.
- Meanwhile, Congress leader Usman Majid & CPI MLA Tarigami have been arrested at the midnight.
- The government of India also ordered that public meetings or rallies would not be allowed and there would be no movement of the public. Also, all educational institutions should remain closed.
- After that, the J&K administration has diminished the Amarnath Yatra and asked Pilgrims & Tourists to return to their respective states on Friday.
History of Article 370?
- Jammu & Kashmir is a Muslim Majority State which was ruled by the Hindu Ruler Maharaja Hari Singh.
- He didn’t want to merge with any of the dominions India & Pakistan.
- But Jammu & Kashmir was attacked by the Muslim Tribal People which was supported by the Pakistan Government.
- On the occasion, Maharaja wants to sign a treaty with India named as Instrument of Assistance(IoA).
- The Instrument of Assistant provides some restrictions in their constitutions except Defence, Foreign Affairs & Communication.
- The present constitution of J&K was adopted on 17th November 1956 and came into an effect on 26th January 1957.
- The Indian Constitution under Part XXI has given the Transitional and Special provisions to Jammu & Kashmir State as Temporarily.
- So all the provisions of the Constitution of India which is applicable only for other states not for J&K.
Provisions of Article 370 Jammu & Kashmir PDF:
According to the article, the following applies to the Indian Government
- The official language of this state is Urdu.
- Indian citizens from other states cannot purchase land or property in Jammu & Kashmir.
- The Centre has no power to declare a financial emergency under Article 360 in the state.
- It can declare an emergency in the state only in case of war or external aggression.
- The central government can therefore not declare emergency on grounds of internal disturbance or imminent danger unless it is made at the request or with the concurrence of the state government.
- J&K is the only state which doesn’t give to provide detailed information regarding the Money Flowing in the state.
- Right to Education Act was also not extended to Jammu & Kashmir.
- Regarding, Part IV, Article 36-51(Directive Principles of State Policies) and Part IVA, Article 51A(Fundamental Duties) is not applicable for J&K.
- The 5th & 6th schedule of the Indian Constitution has not applicable for J&K.
- No amendment shall extend to Jammu & Kashmir unless so extended by J&K president under Article 370(1).
The preamble to the constitution of Jammu & Kashmir:
JUSTICE, Social, Economical & Political
LIBERTY of thought, Expression, Belief, Faith & Worship
EQUALITY of status and of opportunity; and to promote among us all
FRATERNITY assuring the dignity of the individual and union of the nation.
This the details regarding Article 370 Jammu & Kashmir PDF. We hope this will be very very useful for your upcoming competitive exams. Kindly utilize this Article 370 Jammu & Kashmir PDF and do your well.