This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
India’s Unemployment Rate Rises to 6.98%: CMIE
- Unemployment rate for October rose to 6.98% comparing to 6.67% in September, according to latest data by Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy CMIE.
- Unemployment rate in urban areas decline even though there is a rise in joblessness rate on a national level.
- The rural areas saw a big rise in unemployment. The rural unemployment rate rose from 6.9% in October from 5.86 percent in September whereas the urban unemployment in decline from 7.1% in October 8.45% in September.
- If we compare the states, Haryana has the highest unemployment rate of 27.3% followed by Rajasthan 24.1 % and J&K 16.1 %.
- Headquarters location: Mumbai
- Founded: 1976
- Managing Director and CEO: Mahesh Vyas
FinMin releases Rs 6,000 Cr to states under special window for meeting GST compensation shortfall
- The Ministry of Finance is releasing Rs 6,000 crore as the second tranche to 16 States and 3 Union Territories under the special window to states for meeting the GST compensation cess shortfall. 21 States and 3 UTs have so far opted for the Special Window under Option I and the finance ministry has facilitated loans of Rs 12,000 crore to date under the special window, stated a statement by the Ministry of Finance.
- The government added that the amount was raised at a weighted average yield of 42 per cent and it will be passed on to the states at the same interest rate, which is lower than the cost of borrowings for the states and will thus benefit them.
- The loans have been released to Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Meghalaya, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand. UT of Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, and Puducherry also received the loans.
- During the 42nd Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council meeting, it was decided to extend compensation cess beyond 2022. Levy of Compensation Cess to be extended beyond the transition period of five years i.e. beyond June 2022, for such period as may be required to meet the revenue gap, the ministry had stated in a statement. The government had also disbursed the compensation cess collected this year amounting to about Rs 20,000 crore.
- Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs of India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- Constituency: Karnataka
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Super Typhoon Goni, world’s most powerful storm in four years, smashes into the Philippines
- Super Typhoon Goni, the world’s most powerful storm in four years, crashed through the Philippines, smashing buildings, toppling trees, and causing floods and mudslides.
- The storm largely spared Manila, the capital and most densely populated city, showering it with rain toward the West Philippine Sea.
- Goni arrived days after Typhoon Molave killed at least 22 people.
- Capital: Manila
- Currency: Philippine peso
- President: Rodrigo Duterte
USTATED provides $3 m to COVIDActionCollab to mitigate effects of Covid-19 in India
- The funds will be used to provide comprehensive support on health, livelihood, and social protection for vulnerable communities
- Catalyst Management Services (CMS), a part of Catalysts Group, has ideated COVID Action Collaborative, partnered with the United States Agency for International Development (USTATED), to support India’s response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- USTATED will provide $3 million over two years to support the COVIDActionCollab (CAC) partnership, which was formally announced through a virtual conference.
- As per the CMS official release, the funds will be used to provide comprehensive support on health, livelihood, and social protection for vulnerable communities.
- More than 150 civil society organisations, development partners, and private sector organizations attended the virtual launch event. At the event, participants discussed the importance of leveraging collective expertise to build resilient communities.
About United States Agency for International Development:
- The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is an independent agency of the United States federal government that is primarily responsible for administering civilian foreign aid and development assistance. With a budget of over $27 billion, USAID is one of the largest official aid agencies in the world, and accounts for more than half of all U.S. foreign assistance—the highest in the world in absolute dollar terms.
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C.
- John Barsa, Acting Administrator
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Axis Bank revises stake acquisition agreement with Max Life
- Axis Bank announced a revised stake acquisition agreement with Max Financial.
- Axis Bank will acquire upto 9% of the equity share cap of Max Life. The bank’s subsidiaries Axis Capital Limited and Axis Securities Limited (together ‘Axis Entities’) will together acquire upto 3% of equity of Max Life. Axis Entities will have a right to acquire an additional stake of upto 7%.
- Axis enter into revised agreements with Max Financial for acquisition of upto 19.002% of the equity share capital of Max Life (“Revised Agreements”).
- The revised agreement happened as Reserve Bank of India rejected Axis Bank’s earlier proposal to directly buy 17% in Max Life.
About Axis Bank
- CEO: Amitabh Chaudhry
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1993, Ahmedabad
About Max Life Insurance
- CEO: Prashant Tripathy
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
Centre extends Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme till Nov 30
- Union Government has extended the Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS) by one month till 30th of November or till an amount of three lakh crore is sanctioned under the scheme, whichever is earlier.
- This has been done in view of the opening up of various sectors in the economy and the expected increase in demand during the ongoing festive season.
- This extension will provide a further opportunity to such borrowers who have not availed of the scheme so far, to obtain credit under the scheme.
- The ECLGS was announced as part of the Atmanirbhar Bharat Package to provide fully guaranteed and collateral free additional credit to MSMEs, business enterprises, individual loans for business purposes and MUDRA borrowers.
- Borrowers with credit outstanding up to Rs. 50 crore as on 29th of February 2020 and with an annual turnover of up to Rs. 250 crore are eligible under the scheme.
- Interest rates under the scheme are capped at 9.25 per cent for Banks and FIs and 14 per cent for NBFCs.
- Tenure of loans provided under the scheme is four years, including a moratorium of one year on principal repayment.
About Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme:
- The Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme provides 100% guarantee coverage by National Credit Guarantee Trustee Company (NCGTC) to Member Lending Institutions (MLIs), on GECL of up to Rs. 3 lakh crore to eligible MSMEs. MSMEs for the purpose of this Scheme will include MSMEs/ Business Enterprises which are constituted as Proprietorships, Partnerships, Registered Companies, Trusts and Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs), and also interested borrowers under PMMY
ADB approves USD132.8 million loan to improve power distribution network in Meghalaya
- The Asian Development Bank has approved USD 132.8 million loan to improve and upgrade the power distribution network in Meghalaya, Power Minister James PK Sangma stated. The project fully supports Meghalaya’s initiative in improving the distribution system & financial sustainability of the Department,” the power minister stated.
- The Meghalaya cabinet had in August this year approved a proposal from the Meghalaya Energy Corporation Limited (MeECL) to avail a Rs 1,345.72 crore loan for clearing the power outstanding dues, on conditions that it has to bring down the aggregate technical and commercial (AT&C) losses and reduce the gap of average cost of supply (ACS) and average revenue realized (ARR).
- The Meghalaya Power Distribution Corporation Limited (MePDCL) has a huge outstanding against the power purchased from central power generating stations and to the Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL), the minister had stated.
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- President: Masatsugu Asakawa
- Capital: Shillong
- Governor: Satya Pal Malik
- Chief minister: Conrad Sangma
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
AAI hands over Lucknow airport to Adani group on lease for 50 years
- The Airports Authority of India (AAI) handed over the Lucknow airport to the Adani group on lease for a period of 50 years.
- The AAI had handed over the Mangaluru airport to the group on October 30.
- The central government in February 2019 privatised six major airports of the country — Lucknow, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Mangaluru, Thiruvananthapuram, and Guwahati. After a competitive bidding process, the Adani group won the rights to run all of them for 50 years.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Arvind Singh (Chairman)
- Parent organization: Directorate General of Civil Aviation
Twitter launches ArtHouse to support brands to create engaging Twitter-first content
- Twitter India has introduced ArtHouse, a creative suite of services to assist brands in creating and optimising Twitter-first content.
- ArtHouse is a fully integrated service that connects brands with the creative capital of influencers, artists and editors. It is a team of experts who understand the platform and its possibilities, know Twitter’s audience and what works best for them – whether it’s a video ad or a larger campaign.
- ArtHouse is all about the power of creatives in marketing communications, connecting brands to influencers, artists and producers to create content that moves people.
- Headquarters: San Francisco, California United States
- Executive Chairman: Omid Kordestani
- Jack Dorsey :CEO
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
CJI inaugurates e-resource centre, virtual court in Nagpur
- Chief Justice of India S.A. Bobde, along with Justice D.Y. Chandrachud of the Supreme Court, inaugurated the first ever e-resource centre and virtual court for traffic and transport to enable speedy justice for litigants, called ‘Nyay Kaushal’, at Nagpur.
- The centre will provide the easiest way of filing court matters by utilising technology. It will provide benefits in saving time, avoidance of exertion, travelling long distances, and a saving in costs.
- The virtual court can deal with all traffic challan cases from every corner of Maharashtra online. It will be possible for the litigants to pay the fine and get the traffic challan case disposed of with the click of a button on a smartphone or a computer. The virtual court will be working from Katol in Nagpur district. Judges across the country have to attend the programme online.
- Delhi was the first to start virtual traffic courts across India, with almost 27,00,000 challans received by the virtual courts, and Rs.8 crore collected by the government online.
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Capital: Mumbai
- Chief minister: Uddhav Thackeray
Join General Awareness Crash course for IBPS RRB-IBPS PO/Clerk use code NASA to get 30% discount
India’s first solar-powered miniature train launched at Veli Tourist Village in Kerala
- A solar energy-driven miniature train, billed as the country’s first of its kind, was inaugurated at the Veli Tourist Village by Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
- Vijayan also dedicated an “Urban Park” and a swimming pool at the eco-friendly tourist village, located on the outskirts of the state capital where the Veli Lake meets the Arabian Sea.
- The miniature rail has all the features of a fully- equipped rail system, including a tunnel, station and a ticket office. The train has three bogies that can accommodate around 45 people at a time.
- The government had allotted around Rs 120 crore for tourism sector. Of these, administrative sanction has been given to Rs 60 crore worth projects at Veli itself.
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
Tamil Nadu fisherman starts India’s first radio channel exclusively for fisherfolk
- A fisherman from the Ramanathapuram district’s Pamban town has started ‘Kadal Osai FM 90.4’, India’s first and only radio channel for fisherfolk.
- It offers infotainment to listeners – from information on marine and COVID-19 to folk songs sung by fishermen/women and film songs.
- Armstrong Fernando, a fisherman from Pamban used to listen to the radio since his childhood. Fernando has studied till 8th standard, he grew up in the industry and travelLed to various places to listen to the community radio for farmers. Later, he planned to start a radio for his fishing community.
About Tamil Nadu
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
Assam CM lays foundation stone of Indo-Israeli Centre of Excellence for Vegetables Protected Cultivation near Guwahati
- In Assam, Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal laid the foundation stone of Indo-Israeli Centre of Excellence for Vegetables Protected Cultivation near Guwahati in presence of Israeli Ambassador Dr. Ron Malka.
- The 10.33-crore project is expected to bolster the agricultural activities in the state by providing exposure to latest Israeli technologies.
- Expressing hope that the Centre of Excellence would provide a major boost to agricultural and horticultural production in Assam, the Chief Minister stated that it would be a value addition to the government’s efforts to double farmers’ income.
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief minister: Sarbananda Sonowal
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
Dehradun Municipal Corporation launcheds Plastic Lao MASK LE JAO initiative
- In Dehradun, the Municipal Corporation has launched an initiative named Plastic Lao MASK LE JAOto fight against the menace of plastic waste and contain the spread of Covid-19. It has distributed Five thousand face masks in exchange for plastic waste.
- Municipal commissioner Vinay Shankar Pandey, who was the first to bring plastic waste from his house and get a face mask, stated that it will create awareness in the public against plastic waste and also the importance of masks.
- Governor: Baby Rani Maurya
- Capitals: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
- Chief Minister: Trivendra Singh Rawat
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
Maha govt inks Rs 35,000-crore MoUs with 15 companies
- The Maharashtra government inked MoUs worth around Rs 35,000 crore with 15 companies even as Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray called for attracting over Rs 1 lakh crore investments this year to the state.
- Thackeray made the remarks during the Magnetic Maharashtra 2.0 event, which seeks to mobilise investments in the state.
- The MoUs worth Rs 34,850 crore were signed between the state-run Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) and the 15 companies and they are expected to create 23,182 jobs, a statement stated.
- Thackeray stated the government had signed MoUs with other companies in June this year and added it has been fulfilling most requirements pertaining to those.
- Sixty per cent of the companies have got land allotted and the rest are in the process of final allocation, he added.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Alassane Ouattara wins 3rd term as Ivory Coast president
- Ivory Coast’s electoral commission said that President Alassane Ouattara had overwhelmingly won a third term in office after his two main opponents Henri konan Bedie and Pascal Affi N’Guessan boycotted the election.
- Ouattara received 94.27 per cent of the vote in
- The voter turnout figure was 53.90 per cent, while the opposition has maintained only 10 per cent of Ivorians took part.
- Independent candidate Kouadio Konan Bertin won 2% of the vote.
About Ivory Coast
- Capital: Yamoussoukro
- Currency: West African CFA franc
Citigroup names Anand Selva global head of consumer banking
- Citigroup Inc stated, Anand Selva will become head of its global consumer bank in January, filling the spot left vacant by Jane Fraser when she becomes the first female CEO of a major Wall Street bank.
- Selva, who has been at the firm for nearly three decades, has helped shape the international banking giant’s consumer strategy in different regions including Asia and the United States. Most recently, he was served as CEO of U.S. consumer banking since 2018.
- CEO: Michael Corbat
- Headquarters: New York, United States
Syska Group announces Rajkummar Rao as its new brand ambassador
- Fast Moving Electrical Goods (FMEG) company Syska Group, has roped in actor Rajkummar Rao as the new face of the brand. Rao will work closely with the company to promote the Syska products across LED and fan segments.
- The partnership will also see Syska Group launch a new ad campaign with Rajkummar focusing on LED and fans.
- The company aims to leverage the actor’s strong connect with urban audiences, as well as with those from Tier 2 and 3 markets, which make up the large segment of its target groups.
NDDB Chairman Dilip Rath elected to International Dairy Federation board
- National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) Chairman Dilip Rath has been unanimously elected to the board of global dairy body International Dairy Federation (IDF).The announcement came during the the General Assembly of the IDF held.
- IDF is an international non-governmental, non-profit association having members from national committees constituted by dairy organisations in each country.
- Rath has been associated with IDF for the last 10 years as Member Secretary of Indian National Committee and as a member of the Standing Committee on Dairy Policy and Economics.
- Rath has played a key role in signing the Dairy Declaration at the IDF World Dairy Summit in Rotterdam in October 2016 between IDF and the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). India ranks first among the world’s milk-producing nations and has the largest bovine population in the world.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONORS
Hariharan bags JC Daniel award for lifetime contributions to Malayalam cinema
- Noted filmmaker Hariharan has been selected for the JC Daniel Award, the state government’s highest honour for lifetime contributions to Malayalam cinema.
- The award carries a purse of Rs 5 lakh, a citation, and a sculpture.
- Hariharan was chosen for the prestigious award by a jury chaired by MT Vasudevan Nair with director Harikumar, actor Vidhubala, State Chalachitra Academy chairman Kamal and Cultural Department Secretary Rani George as members.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
8th meeting of India-UAE High Level Joint Task Force on Investments held in virtual format
- The eighth meeting of the India-UAE High Level Joint Task Force on Investments was hosted by India in virtual format due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- The meeting was co-chaired by Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal and Sheikh Hamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Member of the Executive Council of Abu Dhabi.
- The Joint Task Force was created in 2012 as a crucial forum for further deepening the already strong economic ties between the UAE and India.
- The mechanism has assumed greater importance as the two countries entrench the Comprehensive Strategic Partnership Agreement signed in January 2017.
- President: Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
PM Modi to chair Virtual Global Investor Roundtable
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will chair the Virtual Global Investor Roundtable on 5th November.
- The Roundtable is being organized by the Finance Ministry and National Investment and Infrastructure Fund.
- It is an exclusive dialogue between leading global institutional investors, Indian business leaders and the highest decision makers from the Government and Financial Market Regulators.
- The Roundtable will witness participation from twenty of the world’s largest pension and sovereign wealth funds with a total Assets Under Management of about 6 trillion dollars.
- These global institutional investors represent key regions including the US, Europe, Canada, Korea, Japan, West Asia, Australia, and Singapore.
- The event will witness participation of key decision makers of these funds. Some of these investors would also be engaging for the first time with the Government.
- Apart from global investors, the Roundtable will also see participation of several top Indian Business Leaders.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
IIT Roorkee develops biosensor to detect harmful detergent pollutant
- A five-member team from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee have developed the world’s first specific reliable bacterial biosensor that can detect the presence of common environmental pollutant: Sodium Dodecyl Sulphate (SDS).
- These are extensively used in soaps, toothpaste, creams, shampoos, laundry detergents, agricultural operations, laboratories and industries.
- However, its disposal in waterways has negatively impacted aquatic organisms and microcosms, besides deteriorating the quality of drinking water. Until now, there were no specific biosensors to detect SDS with high precision.
- Researchers from IIT Roorkee developed a whole-cell biosensor using Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1 strain as a framework (chassis).
- The biosensor showed a satisfactory and reproducible recovery rate for the detection of SDS in real samples of sewage water, river water, and pond water. Overall, this is a selective and reliable biosensor for monitoring SDS in the environment.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Indian Naval Ship Airavat reaches Port Sudan as part of ‘Mission Sagar-II’
- Indian Naval Ship, Airavat reached Port Sudan as a part of Mission Sagar-II.
- Indian government is providing assistance to Friendly Foreign Countries to overcome natural calamities and COVID-19 pandemic, and towards the same INS Airavat is carrying a consignment of 100 Tonnes of food aid for the people of Sudan.
- Mission Sagar-II, follows the first ‘Mission Sagar’ undertaken in May-June 2020, wherein India provided food and medicines to Maldives, Mauritius, Seychelles, Madagascar and Comoros.
- As part of Mission Sagar-II, INS Airavat will deliver food aid to Sudan, South Sudan, Djibouti and Eritrea.
- Mission Sagar-II, is in line with the Prime Minister’s vision of Security and Growth for All in the Region ‘SAGAR’ and highlights the importance accorded by India to relations with her maritime neighbours and further strengthens the existing bond.
- Capital: Khartoum
- Currency: Sudanese pound
Indian Coast Guard Ship C-452 To Be Commissioned
- Rajan Bargotra, Additional Director General (Western Seaboard), will commission Indian Coast Guard’s (ICG) ship C-452 through video conference in Ratnagiri, Maharashtra.
- The ship was indigenously designed and built by Larsen & Toubro, Surat complying with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of “Make in India” and “Atmanirbhar Bharat“.
- Earlier in May, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh had commissioned Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICGS) Sachet and two interceptor boats (IBs) C-450 and C-451 in Goa.
- The ICGS Sachet, the first in the series of five offshore patrol vessels (OPVs) has been designed and built indigenously by Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL) and is fitted with state-of-the-art navigation and communication equipment.
- CEO: S N Subrahmanyan
- Headquarters: Mumbai
Australia to join Malabar naval exercise involving India, US, Japan
- Australia will join Malabar naval exercise involving India, US and Japan.
- The Annual Naval Exercise Malabar-2020 is expected to be held in the Bay of Bengal and the Arabian Sea later this year. This year, the exercise has been planned on a ‘non-contact-at sea’ format.
- The exercise will strengthen the coordination between the Navies of the participating countries.
- The participants of Exercise Malabar-2020 are engaging to enhance safety and security in the maritime domain. The Malabar series of Naval exercises started in 1992 as a bilateral Indian Navy-US Navy exercise and Japan joined the Naval exercise in 2015.
- Prime minister: Scott Morrison
- Capital: Canberra
- Currency: Australian dollar
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Ritu Phogat Wins Third Straight MMA title at ONE Championship Inside the Matrix Event
- Former Indian wrestler and now a Mixed Martial Arts star,Ritu Phogat won her third consecutive MMA championship title in Singapore.
- 26-year-old Phogat defeated Cambodia’s Nou Srey Pov with a technical knockout win in the second round.
- The match was part of ONE Championship’s ONE: INSIDE THE MATRIX event that featured four exciting World Championship contests at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.
Indian boxers Amit Panghal, Sanjeet and Ashish Kumar win gold at the Alexis Vastine International
- Indian boxers Amit Panghal, Sanjeet and Ashish Kumar have won gold medals at the recently concluded Alexis Valentine International Boxing Tournament held in Nantes, France.
- The tournament was the first international event that Indian boxers were a part of since the lockdown enforced earlier this year in March.
- Amit Panghal, silver medalist at the 2019 AIBA World Boxing Championships in the 52 kg-weight category, overcame the challenge from American boxer Rene Abraham.
- Former India Open gold medal winner Sanjeet was up against France’s Soheb Bouafia in the 91 kg final bout.
- Ashish Kumar won the gold medal after his opponent from USA, Joseph Gerome Hiks, gave him a walkover due to injury.
- Kavinder Singh Bisht, the boxer in the 57 kg weight category claimed the silver medal, after he lost out in a close bout against Frenchman Samuel Kistohurry.
- Three Indian boxers – Shiva Thapa (63 kg), Sumit Sangwan (81 kg) and Satish Kumar (Over 91 kg) had secured the bronze medals for India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Satish Prasad Singh, Former Bihar CM For Just Five Days, Passes Away
- Former Bihar Chief Minister Satish Prasad Singh passed away in Delhi. He was the CM of Bihar in 1968 for only five days.
- Singh, who had served as the state chief minister for five days, between January 28 and February 1, 1968, had joined the BJP on September 22, 2013.
- He was elected to the 7th Lok Sabha (the lower house of the Parliament of India) from the Khagaria constituency of Bihar in 1980 as a member of the Congress Party.
DAILY CA 3rd Nov
- International Day to End Impunity for Crimes Against Journalists- 2nd nov
- Mansar Lake Project in Jammu to attract 20 lakh tourists every year: Jitendra Singh
- TransUnion CIBIL, MoSPI launch MSME Credit Health Index
- Centre releases Rs 2,200 cr as first installment to 15 states for improvement of air quality
- Ganga Utsav-2020 begins virtually with COVID-19 precautions
- FIP organises virtual version of Delhi Book Fair this year
- 30 Indian cities to face increasing ‘water risks’ by 2050: WWF report
- RBI to extend trading hours to 3:30 pm from 2 pm starting November 9
- RBI temporarily postpones circular on current account till December 15
- ICICI Lombard gets CCI nod to acquire Bharti AXA’s non-life insurance business
- Software Technology Parks of India to launch a VC fund to support start-ups
- L&T bags construction order of bullet train project
- Telangana govt’s Rythu Vedika scheme to address farmers’ issues all set to be launched
- Maharashtra Schools to celebrate November 8 to 14 as Children’s week
- Chhattisgarh CM launches scheme for distribution of fortified rice
- From Waste to Art: In Kolkata, a park decked up with used tyres
- IREDA signs MoU with MNRE, setting key targets for year 2020-21
- Keralite Priyanca Radhakrishnan sworn in as New Zealand Minister
- Yashvardhan Kumar Sinha to be next Chief Information Commissioner
- Duarte Pacheco of Portugal elected as new President of Inter Parliamentary Union
- AK Gupta takes over as MD and CEO of ONGC Videsh
- Writer Paul Zacharia selected for Ezhuthachan Puraskaram
- Till We Win’: Book on Covid-19 by AIIMS Director to hit stands this month
- Pandemonium: The Great Indian Banking Tragedy by Tamal Bandyopadhyay
- IIT Madras students’ create online game to spread Coronavirus awareness
- First indigenous Petcoke-based high energy supercapacitor developed by ARCI would benefit EV industry
- Rare metallic asteroid Psyche may be worth $10,000 quadrillion
- IIT Bombay to launch website for students’ emotional needs
- First phase of four-nation Malabar naval exercise kicks off from Nov 3 to 6
- Shane Watson to announce retirement from all forms of cricket
- Rublev Claims Fifth Title Of 2020 In Vienna
- Lewis Hamilton wins Emilia Romagna Grand Prix, earning Mercedes the Constructors’ Championship
- Violin maestro TN Krishnan passes away at 92
DAILY CA 4th Nov
- India’s Unemployment Rate Rises to 6.98%: CMIE
- FinMin releases Rs 6,000 Cr to states under special window for meeting GST compensation shortfall
- Super Typhoon Goni, world’s most powerful storm in four years, smashes into the Philippines
- USTATED provides $3 m to COVIDActionCollab to mitigate effects of Covid-19 in India
- Axis Bank revises stake acquisition agreement with Max Life
- Centre extends Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme till Nov 30
- ADB approves USD132.8 million loan to improve power distribution network in Meghalaya
- AAI hands over Lucknow airport to Adani group on lease for 50 years
- Twitter launches ArtHouse to support brands to create engaging Twitter-first content
- CJI inaugurates e-resource centre, virtual court in Nagpur
- India’s first solar-powered miniature train launched at Veli Tourist Village in Kerala
- Tamil Nadu fisherman starts India’s first radio channel exclusively for fisherfolk
- Assam CM lays foundation stone of Indo-Israeli Centre of Excellence for Vegetables Protected Cultivation near Guwahati
- Dehradun Municipal Corporation launcheds Plastic Lao MASK LE JAO initiative
- Maha govt inks Rs 35,000-crore MoUs with 15 companies
- Alassane Ouattara wins 3rd term as Ivory Coast president
- Citigroup names Anand Selva global head of consumer banking
- Syska Group announces Rajkummar Rao as its new brand ambassador
- NDDB Chairman Dilip Rath elected to International Dairy Federation board
- Hariharan bags JC Daniel award for lifetime contributions to Malayalam cinema
- 8th meeting of India-UAE High Level Joint Task Force on Investments held in virtual format
- PM Modi to chair Virtual Global Investor Roundtable
- IIT Roorkee develops biosensor to detect harmful detergent pollutant
- Indian Naval Ship Airavat reaches Port Sudan as part of ‘Mission Sagar-II’
- Indian Coast Guard Ship C-452 To Be Commissioned
- Australia to join Malabar naval exercise involving India, US, Japan
- Ritu Phogat Wins Third Straight MMA title at ONE Championship Inside the Matrix Event
- Indian boxers Amit Panghal, Sanjeet and Ashish Kumar win gold at the Alexis Vastine International
- Satish Prasad Singh, Former Bihar CM For Just Five Days, Passes Away