This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Shri Arjun Munda inaugurates ‘2 Days’ National Tribal Research Conclave’ being held virtually
- Union Minister for Tribal Affairs Shri Arjun Munda has stated that the Ministry of Tribal affairs is funding 26 Tribal Research Institutes (TRIs) for research under Grant to TRIs and is engaged in quality research in collaboration with reputed Government and Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) spread over the country. National Institute for Tribal research is being set up in partnership with IIPA at the IIPA premises in Delhi, the Minister stated.
- These partner organizations are designated as Centres of Excellence. Addressing at the inaugural session of “National Tribal Research Conclave” organized by Centre of Excellence (CoE) for Tribal Affairs, (M/o Tribal Affairs), Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA), New Delhi here today, he stated that his Ministry along with such partner organisations design workable models which provide end to end solution, like problem identification, finding solution and execution of the project as part of Action research which can be implemented by policy initiatives.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Donald Trump announces Wilmington as first World War II Heritage City
- US President Donald Trump announced Wilmington in southern US state North Carolina as the first World War II Heritage City at a ceremony held to mark the 75th anniversary of the end of World War II.
- During the war, Wilmington was the site of the North Carolina Shipbuilding Company, which built 243 ships in five years as part of the federal government’s emergency shipbuilding program.
G20 Foreign Ministers’ Extraordinary Meeting (Virtual) on Strengthening International Cooperation Across Borders
- The G20 Foreign Ministers’ Extraordinary Meeting was convened by the current G20 Chair, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Minister of Foreign Affairs of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, His Highness Prince Faisal Bin Farhan Al-Saud, chaired the meeting. EAM Dr. S. Jaishankar represented India.
- This virtual meeting was convened in the backdrop of the COVID-19 pandemic crisis. The discussions centred on strengthening international cooperation across borders in wake of COVID-19 crisis. The Ministers also exchanged national experiences and lessons learned from the cross-border management measures taken in response to the COVID-19 pandemics.
- In his remarks, EAM commended Saudi Arabia for its proactive approach in bringing G20 countries together for dealing with this COVID-19 pandemic.
- EAM called on Governments around the world to ensure that interests of foreign students are protected and movement of stranded seafarers back to their home country is facilitated.
- EAM also proposed development of voluntary ‘G20 Principles on Coordinated Cross-Border Movement of People’ with three elements: a) Standardisation of testing procedures and universal acceptability of test results; b) Standardisation of ‘Quarantine procedures’; c) Standardisation of ‘movement and transit’ protocols.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
RBL Bank launches cardless cash withdrawal facility through ATMs
- RBL Bank has launched cardless cash withdrawal facility from ATMs, leveraging the Instant Money Transfer (IMT) system.
- It has tied-up with Empays Payment Systems, a global financial technology provider, to offer this service.
- To avail the service a customer has to log into RBL Bank’s MoBank app to locate an ATM that supports the IMT function and initiate cash withdrawal by either using his or her mobile number linked to the account or by following a few easy steps on the app.
- The customer selects the IMT button on the mobile app, gets a code, and uses it to withdraw money from the ATM.
About RBL Bank
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- MD & CEO: Vishwavir Ahuja
PayPal & DSCI report on ‘Fraud & Risk Management in Digital Payments’
- Data Security Council of India and PayPal India, released a study report on Fraud & Risk Management in Digital Payments by Lt. Gen (Dr) Rajesh Pant, National Cyber Security Coordinator, GoI in the presence of K. Rajaraman, Addl. Secretary, Dept. of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance.
- The report attempts to discuss about the sophisticated online payment fraud mechanisms, threats in the payment ecosystem, incorporating better fraud prevention strategies, role of upcoming technologies, and recommendations for various stakeholders involved in the payment ecosystem.
- UPI transactions in India have crossed 1.49 bn in volume and USD 41bn in transaction value, in July 2020. RBI predicts the number of digital transactions to increase from INR 2069cr in Dec’2018 to INR 8707cr by Dec’2021.
- The internet userbase is expected to grow to 835 million by 2023 from 560 million in 2018. As of March 31, 2019, 925 million debit and 47 million credit cards have been issued in India, second only to China. As a result of the above momentum, the growth of online shoppers is 73% in tier-I cities whereas a staggering 400% in tier-II and tier-III cities.
- The report covers various types of frauds scenarios such as buyer side, merchant side and cyber security frauds, and recent fraud case studies with their modus operandi. The key challenges to safeguard frauds remain fraud detection, investigation and legislative challenges, multilevel awareness, cross-industry collaboration, security as a cost overhead, privacy laws, and organized criminal involvement.
RBI Issues Revised PSL Guidelines to Increase Credit Penetration
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) issued revised guidelines for priority sector lending to enable better credit penetration to credit deficient areas and increase lending to small and marginal farmers besides weaker sections.
- In addition, the initiative will boost credit to renewable energy and health infrastructure.
- The RBI stated bank finance to start-ups up to Rs 50 crore, loans to farmers for installation of solar power plants for solarisation of grid-connected agriculture pumps, and loans for setting up compressed bio-gas (CBG) plants have been included as fresh categories eligible for finance under priority sector.
- To address regional disparities in the flow of priority sector credit, higher weightage has been assigned to incremental priority sector credit in identified districts where priority sector credit flow is comparatively low.
- Besides, the targets prescribed for small and marginal farmers and weaker sections are being increased in a phased manner. Higher credit limit has been specified for farmers producers organisations and companies undertaking farming with assured marketing of their produce at a pre-determined price.
- Loan limits for renewable energy have been doubled. For improvement of health infrastructure, credit limit for health infrastructure including those under Ayushman Bharat has been doubled.
- The central bank stated it comprehensively reviewed the PSL guidelines to align it with emerging national priorities and bring sharper focus on inclusive development after having wide-ranging discussions with all stakeholders.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
L&T bags significant contract from Defence Ministry
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T) stated its defence arm secured a significant contract from the Indian Ministry of Defence (MoD) for supplying four regiments of Pinaka Weapon Systems.
- The contract involves supply of Pinaka launchers, battery command posts and associated Engineering Support Package (ESP) for four regiments. The Pinaka launch system has been indigenously developed by L&T as part of Pinaka development program of Defence Research & Development Organization (DRDO, ARDE) and functions as a high tech, all weather, long range, area fire artillery weapon system.
- L&T has already executed similar orders from Ministry of Defence and supplied two regiments of Pinaka systems earlier. With these orders, L&T has served cumulative six out of ten regiments of Pinaka systems with the Indian Army. L&T Defence is also engaged with DRDO for future developments on this artillery system.
- As per the L&T’s classification, the valuation of the ‘significant’ order stands between Rs 1,000 crore and Rs 2,500 crore. The announcement was made during market hours today, 4 September 2020.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Festival Pang Lhabsol Celebrated In Sikkim
- Pang Lhabsol is one of the most historically significant festivals celebrated in Sikkim.
- Pang Lhabsol is a unique festival of Sikkim and commemorates the consecration of Mount Khangchendzonga as the guardian deity of Sikkim.
- This unique festival of Sikkim is celebrated annually on the fifteenth day of the seventh month of the Tibetan calendar corresponding to late August or early September to commemorate the consecration of Mount Khangchendzonga as the Guardian Deity of the State.
- This festival also commemorates the historic swearing of blood brotherhood between the Lepchas and the Bhutias at Kabi Longchok under the witness of Mount Khangchendzonga.
- Capital: Gangtok
- Chief minister: Prem Singh Tamang
- Governor: Ganga Prasad
In first-ever digital initiative, Bihar police set up voice recording system to transcribe case diaries
- The police in Bihar’s Arwal district have started writing case diaries through an automated transcription systemin stations in the district.
- In 9 out of 11 police stations of Arwal district, which was once infested by extremists, case diaries are written by investigation officers (IOs) under the Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and System (CCTNS).
- The case diary, written by an IO through the voice recording system, will be available online in the mobile phones of the concerned IOs as well.
- The most important feature of this system is that an IO can paste the statement of evidence along with the case diary and send it to the court online.
- Governor: Phagu Chauhan
- Capital: Patna
- Chief Minister: Nitish Kumar
Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with CSIR for a bulk drug pharma park in the state
- Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation Ltd (APIIC) signed an MoU with CSIR-IICT, a premier R & D institute in the country to to set up a bulk drug pharma park in the state of with the Centre’s support.
- CSIR has been established to carry out research in chemical sciences leading to innovative processes for a variety of products necessary for human welfare such as food, health, energy and environment and the conduct of R&D work.
- The MoU signing session via virtual mode from Nellore, senior officials from both the sides exchanged documents at the APIIC headquarters in Mangalagiri.
- Headquarters: Hyderabad
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Tripura receives first ever inland shipping cargo from Bangladesh
- The Daukandi (Bangladesh) – Sonamura (Tripura) Inland Waterway Protocol route was operationalised marking a milestone in India-Bangladesh relations.
- “Bangladeshi vessel, MB Premier carrying cement started from Daukandi on September 3, 2020, and will reach Sonamura on September 5, 2020, traversing 93 km along the river Gumti. This would be the first-ever export consignment from Bangladesh to Tripura through the inland waterways,” the government stated in a release.
- The Protocol for Inland Water Trade & Transit (PIWTT) was signed between India and Bangladesh in 1972 to provide inland waterways connectivity between the two countries, particularly with the North Eastern Region of India and also to enhance bilateral trade.
- In the last year, approx. 3.5 MMT of cargo was transported between India and Bangladesh on the protocol routes. The scope of PIWTT has been further expanded by the signing of the second addendum to PIWTT on May 20, 2020, with the inclusion of additional routes and ports of calls.
- The inclusion of Sonamura – Daudkhandi stretch of the Gumti river (93 km) as a new route in the Protocol will improve the connectivity of Tripura and the adjoining States with Indian and Bangladesh’s economic centers and will help the hinterland of both the countries.
SVP Group inks MoU with Rajasthan govt to invest Rs 4,000 cr in aviation, textile sectors
- The Rajasthan government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ShriVallabh Pittie (SVP) International Group for development of facilities related to aviation, defence and textile sectors.
- Investment of Rs 4,000 crore is estimated under the projects which would generate employment for more than 4,000 people, an official release stated.
- The MoU was signed between the company representatives and state industry department officials in presence of Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot.
- The company proposed to develop a project for defence and aerospace, including aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility, aviation academy and a project related to textile.
- The projects are proposed to be developed at mutually agreed locations in the state.
- The state government also directed to constitute a committee under the chairmanship of Principal Secretary, Industries for speedy implementation of the projects, the release stated
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Justice Arun Kumar Mishra retires from Supreme Court
- Justice Arun Kumar Mishra, who took over as a Supreme Court judge back in the year 2014, retires from the apex court.
- Justice Mishra recently delivered key judgments including granting 10-year time to telecom firms like Vodafone Idea, Bharti Airtel and Tata Teleservices for paying the adjusted gross revenue (AGR) dues to the Department of Telecommunications (DoT).
- A bench headed by Justice Mishra held that daughters, like sons, have an equal birthright to inherit joint Hindu family property.
- He also recently held activist-lawyer Prashant Bhushan guilty in a contempt case for his two tweets which were critical of the top court and imposed fine of Re 1 on him.
RBI Approves appointment of Murali Ramakrishnan as MD, CEO of South Indian Bank
- Private sector lender South Indian Bank said the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved appointment of Murali Ramakrishnan as its MD and CEO with effect from October 1. He will replace V G Mathew.
- Ramakrishnan had retired from ICICI Bank as Senior General Manager at Strategic Project Group on May 30, 2020, and joined the South Indian Bank as an advisor on July 1, 2020.
- His tenure is for a period of three years with effect from October 1, 2020.
- Headquarters: Thrissur
- CEO: V. G. Mathew
- Tagline: Experience Next Generation Banking
Krishnan appointed as MD & CEO of Punjab & Sind Bank
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has given its approval for the appointment of S Krishnan as Managing Director and CEO of Punjab & Sind Bank.
- Prior to this elevation, Krishnan was an Executive Director at Canara Bank, a State-owned Bank.
- He will replace S Harishankar, the current MD and CEO of Punjab & Sind Bank.
About Punjab & Sind Bank
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Tagline: Where Service is a Way of Life
Govt approves restructuring of Railway Board, appoints first CEO in rail history
- The Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) approved restructuring of Railway Board and appointed Vinod Kumar Yadav as the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Board.
- Yadav is currently the chairman of Railway Board.
- There will be four other members, who will be incharge of — infrastructure, rolling stock, finance and operations and business development.
- Pradeep Kumar has been appointed member, infrastructure, PC Sharma as member, traction and Rolling Stock, PS Mishra has been made member, operations and business development. Manjula Rangarajan has been appointed member, finance.
Bureaucrat Kshatrapati Shivaji takes up India’s top statistical post
- The Government of India has appointed Kshatrapati Shivaji, a 1986-batch Maharashtra cadre IAS officer, as secretary in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) from September 1. The secretary at this ministry is, by design, known as the chief statistician of India.
- But he has only been given additional charge to head India’s statistical system, and the government has not appointed a full-time chief statistician yet. Shivaji will continue to lead the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions as his main charge until his superannuation at the end of March 2021.
- The official heading MoSPI is responsible for monthly publication of industrial production, consumer inflation, annual survey of industries, economic censuses, and quinquennial surveys on employment and consumption expenditure, among other statistical reports. All these reports go into the preparation of national income accounts, which is the basis for the formulation of gross domestic product in the economy.
Dr Neena Malhotra named India’s next envoy to Italy
- Diplomat Dr Neena Malhotra has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Italy, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) stated.
- Malhotra is a 1992-batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer and is presently Additional Secretary in the ministry.
- She is expected to take up the assignment shortly, according to the MEA.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
ABB India’s Factory to Be Awarded Green Factory Building Certification By IGBC
- ABB India has won a gold certification by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) for its environmentally-friendly smart factory, becoming the first to be certified as a green building within the Nashik industrial area which houses about 10,000 factories across various industries.
- IGBC is a consensus-driven not-for-profit council formed with the aim of enabling an environmentally cohesive ecosystem. The IGBC green factory buildings is the first rating programme developed in India for industrial sector. This is based on globally accepted energy and environmental principles and strikes a balance between known established practices and emerging concepts.
- ABB India stated it has taken various initiatives at its facility to reduce their carbon footprint through in-house solar panel installation, energy efficiency improvement projects and tree plantation drives. In addition, the company has also taken up various waste management initiatives to eliminate the usage of stretch film and reduce use of single-use plastic for packing purposes.
NTPC wins National Management Games 2020
- Team NTPC Vallur from Tamil Nadu has overcome stiff challenge to emerge as winner at the recently concludedAIMA Chanakya (Business Simulation Game)National Management Games(NMG)2020, an all India competition for corporates. The competition was organized by All IndiaManagementAssociation, a NTPC press release said.
- The victory was also significant since NTPC won the prestigious NMG for the first time in five years.
- The team from NTPC Vallur, Tamil Nadu achieved the feat of being crowned the national champion after competing against teams from 112 organisations from different parts of the country, it said.
- Team NTPC Vallur qualified for the regional rounds, which was held online and subsequently qualified for the finals.
- AIMA Chanakya National Management Games, an online Business Simulation Game, conducted every year is aimed at ensuring that participating executives from various industries get an introduction to the complexities of running an organisation and gain expertise and skills from this event.
- NMG which was held between July 20 and September 1 has been conducted in 2 levels—one at the Regional round (includes two sub-levels: preliminary and regional final), and the second is the final round, according to the release.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
Pope Francis” new book to hit stands in December
- The book titled, “Let Us Dream” is a product of the numerous exchanges between Pope Francis and his biographer Austen Ivereigh, in the weeks following the coronavirus outbreak around the world.
- It will hit the stands on December 1 in English and Spanish editions simultaneously.
- In the book, Pope Francis explains how a crisis can teach one to deal with the problems that they may face in their lives, by looking at three major crises in his personal life.
- According to them, the book will also offer a scathing critique of the systems and ideologies that conspired to produce the current crisis, “from a global economy obsessed with profit and heedless of the people and environment it harms, to politicians who foment their people’s fear and use it to increase their own power at their people’s expense”.
- The book will also feature the Pope’s observations on the value of unconventional thinking, on why women’s leadership in the Church and throughout society should be increased dramatically, what he learned while scouring the streets of Buenos Aires with garbage-pickers, and much more.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
IIT Delhi incubated startup launches ‘‘Chakr DeCoV’’ to decontaminate N95 masks
- IIT Delhi incubated startup Chakr Innovation has launched ‘Chakr DeCoV’ to decontaminate N95 masks.
- Chakr DeCoV is built with an innovative decontamination mechanism, which utilises the high penetrability of Ozone gas for cleaning the pores of the N95 mask, ensuring complete decontamination of its intricate layers.
- Ozone is a strong oxidizing agent that destroys viruses by diffusing through the protein coat, resulting in damage to the viral RNA.
- Proper dosage and exposure of Ozone can result in inactivation of SARS CoV-2 and a 99.9999 per cent reduction in bacterial load, after which an N95 mask can be reused for up to 10 times without any impact on the filtration efficiency.
DIAT Develops Herbal Based Immunity Boosting Room Freshener ‘Healthy Air’
- Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT), a Deemed to be University located near Khadakwasla, has developed herbal-based immunity-boosting room freshener product named “HealthyAir” to contain the spread of Coronavirus disease (COVID19).
- The product Healthy Air has been developed by Deptt of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering with various extracts of herbal oils like Neem, Neelgiri, Camphor, Daalcheeni, Tulsi, Lemon, Turmeric, Laung, Ajwain, Lavender, Elaichi, Turmeric, Natural Vetiveru, Raimuniya and Pine Oil.
- The product has resulted in removing the toxic fumes, cleanses the air, and does not contain any synthetic solvent/surfactant in its formulation.
- Healthy Air does not contain any synthetic chemicals nor secondary solvents. Whereas the commercial room fresheners mostly contain synthetic adsorbents, surfactants, disinfectants, oxidizers, allergens, and chemical air sanitizers in the main formulation could affect respiratory system & brain neural sensing, do not contain any immunity-boosting agents and does not possess the anti-bacterial properties.
- The product can be used in any kind of rooms, conference halls, at public places, hospitals, malls, cinema halls, waiting lounges/rooms of Airports / Railway Stn etc.
IISc researchers develop low-cost, on demand printing technique
- The researchers at the Centre for Nano Science and Engineering in the Bengaluru based Indian Institute of Science have developed a low cost, on demand printing technique. This new technique replaces the nozzles of an inkjet printer with a mesh covered chemically treated nano wires that repel water.
- Because of the short contact time of the impacting droplet with the mesh, the chances of clogging the pore are minimised. The mesh can also be easily cleaned and reused. This is useful for 3D printing of living cells, ceramic materials, electronic circuits and machine components.
- The Associate Professor in the Centre for Nano Science, Prosenjit Sen says that the new technique reduces the operational cost of the printer. The PhD student in the Centre, Chandantaru Dey Modak says that the capability to print a wide range of droplet sizes while using this application makes the new technique of printing unique.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Akash, Isha Ambani Enter Fortune’s ’40 Under 40′ Global List
- The twin children of billionaire Mukesh Ambani, Akash and Isha, have made it to the Fortune’s latest ’40 Under 40′ list of influential people around the world.
- Fortune credited Akash and Isha for helping seal the company’s recent megadeal with Facebook and for major follow-on investments from tech giants like Google, Qualcomm, and Intel.
- Recently, Akash and Isha helped launch Jio Mart, a venture that aims to challenge Amazon and Walmart’s Flipkart for command of India’s massive and fast-growing online shopping market.
- Byju’s CEO Raveendran, 39, made it to the list for showing that it is possible to build a massively successful online education company and Xiaomi India Managing Director Manu Kumar Jain, among others.
IISc leads 63 Indian institutions in THE World University Rankings 2021
- The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru, maintained its lead as the country’s top institution in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2021.
- Following IISc, which was ranked globally in the 301-350 band, were the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Ropar and IIT Indore, which retained their second and third spots, respectively, among the Indian institutions on the list.
- Among the ones making their debut from India, the Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (Delhi), King George’s Medical University (Lucknow), and the Mahatma Gandhi University (Delhi) ranked highest (601-800 band).
- While globally, the UK’s University of Oxford retained the top spot for the fifth consecutive year, China’s Tsinghua University became the first Asian university to break into the Top 20 since the current methodology launched in 2011.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Indian Grandmaster P Iniyan Wins World Open Online Chess Tournament
- Indian Grandmaster P Iniyan won the prestigious Annual World Open online chess tournament.
- Iniyan defeated Grandmasters Baadur Jobava of Georgia, Sam Sevian, Sergey Erenburg of USA and Nyzhyk Illia of Ukraine.
- A total number of 120 players from 16 countries participated in the event which included more than 30 Grandmasters.
- Iniyan had recently defeated world number two Fabiano Caruana in an online blitz event.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Former England cricket allrounder David Capel passes away at 57
- David Capel, the former cricket allrounder who played 15 Tests and 23 one-day internationals for England from 1987-1990, has passed away.
- Capel had been diagnosed with a brain tumor in 2018.
- Capel made 270 first-class appearances for Northamptonshire from 1981-1998 and became the first cricketer born in the county to play a test for England in 77 years when he made his debut against Pakistan in July 1987.
DAILY CA 3rd SEP
- MoD sets up a committee to review the AFHQ CS cadre
- Cabinet Approves Mission Karmayogi – National Programme For Civil Services Capacity Building
- Ladakh, Lakshadweep join Centre’s ration card portability scheme
- Qutub Minar illuminated in red and white to mark Poland’s Solidarity movement
- Cabinet approves signing of MoU between India and Japan for improving quality of Indian textiles for Japanese market
- gives nod to 27 integrated cold chain development projects under PM Kisan SAMPADA Yojana
- In 2019, a person died by suicide every four minutes: NCRB data
- India received 4th highest rainfall in 120 yrs in August 2020: IMD
- India, Australia and Japan to launch resilient supply chains for Indo-Pacific
- Google partners with Bangladesh for flood forecasting
- Federal Bank & Innoviti Tie-Up To Extend Affordability In Times Of COVID Crisis Through Debit Card EMI On POS Terminals
- Irdai sets up panel to study index-linked products for life insurance companies
- Uttar Pradesh to create Udyog Bandhu-like body for farmers
- SIDBI, Maharashtra Govt ink pact to develop MSME ecosystem
- IndiGrid completes Rs 1,080 cr acquisition of GPTL Transmission project
- K Padmakar to hold additional charge as CMD of Bharat Petroleum Corporation
- ITPO CMD L C Goyal gets one-year extension till Sep 1, 2021
- Charu Sinha becomes first woman IG to lead CRPF in Kashmir
- M V Raja Sekhar takes charge as Director (R&D) of BEL
- India ranks in top 50 countries for 1st time in Global Innovation Index
- Elon Musk is now the third richest person in the world
- The Commonwealth of Cricket: A Lifelong Love Affair with the Most Subtle and Sophisticated Game Known to Humankind by Ramachandra Guha
- Channing Tatum To Release First Children’s Book ‘The One And Only Sparkella’
- India bans PUBG, 117 other Chinese apps for ‘stealing, transmitting users’ data’ to servers outside India’
- SpiceJet launches portable ventilator SpiceOxy for patients with breathing issues
- IIT Guwahati collaborates with university in Czech Republic for data protection project
- Former Olympic Giant Slalom Champion Viktoria Rebensburg Retires at 30
- CFI all set to host first-ever Cycling Summit in 2021
DAILY CA 4TH SEP
- Shri Arjun Munda inaugurates ‘2 Days’ National Tribal Research Conclave’ being held virtually
- Donald Trump announces Wilmington as first World War II Heritage City
- G20 Foreign Ministers’ Extraordinary Meeting (Virtual) on Strengthening International Cooperation Across Borders
- RBL Bank launches cardless cash withdrawal facility through ATMs
- PayPal & DSCI report on ‘Fraud & Risk Management in Digital Payments’
- RBI Issues Revised PSL Guidelines To Increase Credit Penetration
- L&T bags significant contract from Defence Ministry
- Festival Pang Lhabsol Celebrated In Sikkim
- In first-ever digital initiative, Bihar police set up voice recording system to transcribe case diaries
- Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with CSIR for a bulk drug pharma park in the state
- Tripura receives first ever inland shipping cargo from Bangladesh
- SVP Group inks MoU with Rajasthan govt to invest Rs 4,000 cr in aviation, textile sectors
- Justice Arun Kumar Mishra retires from Supreme Court
- RBI Approves appointment of Murali Ramakrishnan as MD, CEO of South Indian Bank
- Krishnan appointed as MD & CEO of Punjab & Sind Bank
- Govt approves restructuring of Railway Board, appoints first CEO in rail history
- Bureaucrat Kshatrapati Shivaji takes up India’s top statistical post
- Dr Neena Malhotra named India’s next envoy to Italy
- ABB India’s Factory To Be Awarded Green Factory Building Certification By IGBC
- NTPC wins National Management Games 2020
- Pope Francis” new book to hit stands in December
- IIT Delhi incubated startup launches ‘‘Chakr DeCoV’’ to decontaminate N95 masks
- DIAT Develops Herbal Based Immunity Boosting Room Freshener ‘Healthy Air’
- IISc researchers develop low-cost, on demand printing technique
- Akash, Isha Ambani Enter Fortune’s ’40 Under 40′ Global List
- IISc leads 63 Indian institutions in THE World University Rankings 2021
- Indian Grandmaster P Iniyan Wins World Open Online Chess Tournament
- Former England cricket allrounder David Capel passes away at 57