This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
World Cotton Day
- The World Cotton day is celebrated on 7 October as a global celebration of cotton and its stakeholders, from field to fabric and beyond.
- World Cotton Day also aims to highlight the challenges faced by the world’s cotton economies, as cotton is significant for the least developed, developing and developed economies worldwide.
- This is the second edition. The first-ever World Cotton Day (WCD) was hosted by the World Trade Organization (WTO) in Geneva on October 7, 2019.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Piyush Goyal Inaugurates Renaming Of Naugarh Railway Station To Siddharthnagar
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal through a video link inaugurated the renaming of Naugarh railway station to Siddharthnagar railway station situated at Siddharthnagar district in Uttar Pradesh.
- The approval has been given for the construction of a new railway line of 240 km from Khalilabad to Bahraich via Dumariyaganj-Utraula-Balrampur-Shravasti. With the completion of this project, the development of Sant Kabir Nagar, Siddharthnagar, Shravasti, Bahraich and Gonda districts will be accelerated.
About Uttar Pradesh
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath
India’s first 5 Animal bridges to come up on this greenfield expressway
- The road infra structure development is currently one of the major focuses of the government as various expressway projects are underway in the country. The construction of one such highway project and also the most awaited is Delhi-Mumbai greenfield expressway. This upcoming expressway is tipped to be the longest greenfield expressways that is expected to be completed by 2024
- While there are many features of this upcoming expressway that will lead to better connectivity between the two metropolis, one such highlights of the Delhi-Mumbai expressway is going to be animal bridges or animal overpasses.
- The upcoming expressway project will have India’s first animal bridges or animal overpasses that will be designed keeping in mind not to disturb the environment and wildlife section that comes up on way of over 1,200 km long expressway.
- In total, the Delhi-Mumbai expressway will have 5 such animal overpasses with a combined length of over 2.5 km.
- These bridges have been planned to abide by the concerns of not disturbing the wildlife movement on a section of Ranthambore Wildlife Corridor that comes on way connecting Ranthambore and Mukundra (Darrah) wildlife sanctuaries in Rajasthan.
Integration between PM SVANidhi & SBI portals ‘API’ launched to ease processing of loan applications
- Housing and Urban Affairs Secretary Durga Shanker Mishra launched the Application Programming Interface, integration between the PM SVANidhi Portal and the State Bank of India portal to ease processing of loan applications.
- This integration will facilitate seamless flow of data between the PM SVANidhi Portal and SBI’s e-Mudra Portal in a secure environment and expedite the loan sanctioning and disbursement process, which will benefit the street vendors seeking working capital loan under the scheme.
- The Ministry is implementing Prime Minister Street Vendor’s Atmanirbhar Nidhi, PM SVANidhi Scheme since 1st June this year, for providing affordable working capital loan to street vendors to resume their livelihoods that have been adversely affected due to COVID-19 lockdown.
- This scheme targets to benefit over 50 lakh Street Vendors who had been vending on or before 24th of March this year, in urban areas. Under the scheme, the vendors can avail a working capital loan of up to ten thousand, which is repayable in monthly installments in the tenure of one year.
- Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs and Civil Aviation: Hardeep Singh Puri
- Constituency: Amritsar
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 July 1955
My Ganga My Dolphin campaign launched at six sites across river Ganga
- The National Mission for Clean Ganga, the Wildlife Institute of India and the Forest Department launched the My Ganga My Dolphin campaign on the occasion of Ganga River Dolphin Day.
- A Dolphin-based ecotourism programme was launched at various sites along the Ganga River. It was started in six sites across the states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and West Bengal.
- “This is a joint venture of WII, NMCG and the State Forest Departments, for sustainable tourism linking livelihood through Dolphin Conservation for ecotourism along the Ganga river,”
- The Ganga Praharis in all the sites have been trained in biodiversity-based eco-tourism and will take the tourists on boat rides to view Dolphin and another biodiversity present in the Ganga River.
- “In the My Ganga My Dolphin campaign, Dolphin census will be conducted in the 250 km stretch from Bijnore to Narora, many community awareness campaigns will be carried out and young volunteers will be encouraged to enrol as Ganga Mitras,” the statement added
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
ICICI Bank offers debit card to borrowers availing Loan Against Securities
- ICICI Bank has introduced a debit card facility for those borrowers who are availing the Loan Against Securities (LAS) from the Bank. The card is available on the Visa platform.
- It can be used by customers across all domestic merchant establishments to make seamless POS and online transactions like payments on e-commerce portals among others, using their sanctioned LAS amount.
- The ICICI Bank is the first bank in the country to launch the facility after the RBI allowing banks to issue electronic cards to customers who avail an OD facility, which is of the nature of a personal loan with no specific end-use restriction.
- Customers get a digital debit card within one business day of availing LAS, which can be accessed on the Bank’s mobile app
Key benefits of the debit card include:
- Transaction limit: The card offers a maximum daily transaction limit of Rs. 3 lakh each for POS and online transactions.
- Digital card: The Bank provides a digital card to customers, which is made available on iMobile app within one business day.
- Automatic renewal: The card is automatically renewed upon renewal of the LAS account.
About ICICI Bank
- CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
- Headquarters: Mumbai
Sebi introduces very high risk category in mutual fund schemes
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) has introduced detailed guidelines for determining the place of a mutual fund on its risk o meter tool.
- The new system introduces a fresh category of ‘very high’ risk. It replaces the old model based simply on a scheme’s category without adequately considering its actual portfolio.
- The circular goes into effect on 1st Jan 2021.
- Mutual Funds have to update the riskometer on a monthly basis on their websites and the AMFI website, within 10 days from the end of the month. In case of a change in riskometer position, they have to send out communications to investors. Mutual Funds also have to publish a history of riskometer changes every year.
- Separately, Sebi introduced labelling norms for the dividend options of mutual funds which will come into effect from 1st April 2021. Under the new norms, mutual funds will have to rename dividend options as income distribution cum capital withdrawal.
- Under the new riskometer, there are six categories of risk, going from low to very high.
- Founded: 12 April 1992
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairperson: Ajay Tyagi
FM launches Indian Bank’s business mentoring programme for MSMEs
- Public sector lender Indian Bank has come out with ‘MSME Prerana’, an online Business Mentoring Programme for MSMEs. The bank says it is the first-of-its-kind initiative by a bank in the country for the (MSME) sector.
- The initiative was formally launched by Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs, Nirmala Sitharaman, at the bank’s headquarters in Chennai.
- MSME Prerana is for empowering entrepreneurs through skill development and capacity building workshops in the local language. The programme is in collaboration with Poornatha & Co, a firm that designs Entrepreneurial Development Programmes in vernacular using online web-based interactive sessions and case studies, according to a statement.
- On successful completion, all participants would get a certificate, issued jointly by Indian Bank, Poornatha & Co and MADE (Michigan Academy for Developing Entrepreneurs), US.
- MSME Prerana is our effort to bridge this gap in the skill sets – it is a Business Mentoring Programme that gives inputs in simple terms (no jargon) and in the local vernacular. The objective is to equip the entrepreneurs with business skills as well as communication & HR.
- The first two programmes will be in Tamil for the Coimbatore clusters of Indian Bank, then it will be scaled up across the country in Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali and Gujarati and work is already underway for this.
About Indian Bank:
- Headquarters: Chennai
- CEO: Padmaja Chunduru
- Tagline: Your Own Bank, Banking That’s Twice As Good
Axis Bank, Vistara launch co-branded forex card
- Vistara and Axis Bank launched a co-branded forex card that can load up to 16 currencies.
- The card has locked-in exchange rates and the card holder will accrue 3 award points on Club Vistara for every $5 or an equivalent value spent, the airline stated in a release. Club Vistara (CV) is the airline’s frequent flyer program.
- “Customers also get awarded 500 CV points as a Welcome Bonus on signing up (for the forex card),” it stated.
- The forex card can load up to 16 currencies and has various emergency assistance services like loss of passport assistance through TripAssist and insurance cover of up to Rs. 3 lakh, the release added.
Join General Awareness Crash course for IBPS RRB-IBPS PO/Clerk use code NASA to get 30% discount
About Axis Bank:
- CEO: Amitabh Chaudhry
- Headquarters: Mumbai
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
TCS Becomes Second Indian Firm To Cross Rs 10 Lakh Crore Market Cap
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) became the second Indian IT Indian firm after Reliance Industries to scale a market cap of more than Rs 10 lakh crore. Market cap of TCS at the time of close stood at Rs 10.15 lakh crore.
- Reliance Industries Limited was the first Indian firm to have crossed the Rs 10 lakh crore market valuation mark. Its market valuation currently stands at Rs 14.95 lakh crore – the highest for any listed company in the country.
- TCS will consider a buyback of shares on October 7, when the company board meets for the second quarter results, India’s largest IT services company stated.
- The firm is the first technology company to announce buyback of its shares in the current fiscal. TCS had cash reserves of Rs 73,993 crore in March 2020. The company also stated in another filing that it would provide Rs 1,218 crore as an exceptional item in the upcoming earnings in relation to the EPIC Systems Corporation case TCS. The case relates to allegations of intellectual property theft against TCS is ongoing.
- CEO: Rajesh Gopinathan
- Headquarters: Mumbai
IBM to set up centre of excellence for AI with government e-marketplace
- IBM Corp. will be setting up an artificial intelligence (AI) Centre of Excellence (CoE) in partnership with the Government e-Marketplace (GeM), CEO Arvind Krishna stated at an AI Summit titled Responsible AI for Social Empowerment (RAISE 2020).
- In India, IBM is collaborating with the local government in the state of Karnataka and NITI Aayog to deploy its precision agriculture solutions, which combine AI and weather data to help farmers make better decisions. “The platform’s critical capabilities were developed by our teams in India,” Krishna stated.
- IBM is also investing to address the “massive” skills shortage in AI. “Through the IBM STEM for girls initiative, we are re teaching 80,000 girls across India how to code and build AI models. Our goal is to reach 200,000 students by 2022,” Krishna stated.
- Earlier in July, IBM collaborated with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to integrate AI into the high school curriculum of 200 schools across India.
- CEO: Arvind Krishna
- Headquarters: New York, United States
India’s first B2B Crypto trading exchange DigitX launched
- DigitX, country’s first Business-to-Business (B2B) Crypto trading exchange has commenced its trading operations. In a highly potential yet challenging market, DigitX aims to deliver transparency and security with its Platform armed with features to bring about a much-needed trust and confidence for the investors and traders of Crypto.
- This crypto trading exchange brings along a network of pre-verified, trained and closely monitored Trusted Links(members) to ensure a secure Crypto trading ecosystem. Investors can choose the Trusted Link closest to them, which are thoroughly scrutinized and are extensively trained for the completion of processes with near-nil errors and with complete satisfaction of Investors.
- DigitX combines the power of technology, proven trade models and best regulatory practices to lead a change in people’s involvement in the digital economy of the future.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Gujarat to get country’s first two Organic Spices Seed parks
- A first-of-its-kind organic spices seed park will come up at two places in Gujarat with an aim to encourage capacity building and adoption of best practices in the production cumin and fennel seeds, the main crops in the region.
- NABARD-supported Organic Spices Seed Park forsaunf (fennel seed) in the Banaskantha district and jeera (cumin seed) in Patan for promotion of organic seed value chain of the spices.
- A total of23 lakh in grant assistance has been accorded to both the parks, which will have 50 farmers each. Once ready, the specialised institutions will the collect seeds, which will be sent for testing on quality control.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- Chief minister: Vijay Rupani
Goa launches ‘DISHTAVO’ YouTube channel for e-learning in higher education
- Goa state government has launched a YouTube channel ‘DISHTAVO’, wherein the students will be able to view recorded lectures.
- The digital platform was launched by the Directorate of Higher Education (DHE) to provide e-learning content 24 hours a day for college students.
- Goa is the 1st state in the County to have the entire syllabus online. Students can take maximum benefit from this channel.
- DISHTAVO is a comprehensive and holistic programme to create online e-content in the form of video lectures of syllabus pertaining to the colleges affiliated to the Goa University.
- Though online classes have resumed across all colleges in the state, poor network connectivity has proven to be a major hindrance in the e-learning process. The project will help students to access to the academic content 24 hours a day through recording lecturer.
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Capital: Panaji
- Chief minister: Pramod Sawant
Gujarat govt announces Digital Seva Setu Programme for rural areas
- Gujarat Government has announced Digital Seva Setu Programme for the rural areas. Under this programme, the citizens will be able to get benefit from various public welfare services at the Panchayat level.
- The Digital Seva Setu has been initiated under the Bharat Net Project- an initiative to connect the Village Panchayats through fibre network.
- The villages of Gujarat will be connected with a 100 MBPS optical fibre network under the Digital Seva Setu programme. The Phase-1 of Digital Seva Setu will start from 8th October, which will cover 2,000 Village Panchayats.
- About 20 types of pro-people services will be provided at the village panchayat level.
- Another eight thousand Village Panchayats will be covered by December 2020. Citizens in rural areas will be able to get the benefits of this programme by paying a nominal fee of Rs. 20.
- The citizens can get various documents like duplicate ration card, income certificate, senior citizen certificate, caste certificate at their doorstep under this programme.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
IFFCO, Prasar Bharati sign MoU to broadcast & promote new agriculture technology & innovations
- Prasar Bharati and Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative Limited, IFFCO have signed a MoU to broadcast and promote new agriculture technology and innovations. According to the agreement, DD Kisan will broadcast various innovative techniques being adopted in agriculture field in easy language through 30 minutes program series for the benefit of farmers.
- To make the farmers Atmanirbhar, it is necessary that these new agriculture techniques and their implementation should be explained to the farmers. The MoU will help in achieving this objective. IFFCO’s innovations will be shared with farmers in easy language through DD Kisan in approximate 25 episodes.
- Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government, Dr K. Vijay Raghavan stated this initiative as a historic step for the betterment of farmers.
About Prasar Bharati:
- A. Surya Prakash, Chairman;
- Shashi Shekhar Vempati, CEO
- Headquarters: New Delhi
About Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative:
- Headquarters:New Delhi, India
- S Nakai (Chairman)
- U.S Awasthi(MD & CEO)
Bengal govt inks MoU with IIM-C wing to set up technology development centre
- The West Bengal government entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Indian Institute of Management Calcutta-run Entrepreneur & Innovation Park to set up a Technology Development and Adaptation Centre (TDAC).
- The TDAC will build technologies which will address need-based, location specific problems, an official release stated.
- The state Department of Science and Technology and Biotechnology and the IIM-run Entrepreneur & Innovation Park have mutually agreed to set up the TDAC through the West Bengal Science & Technology Council with the objective of building and nurturing an ecosystem to support S&T-led entrepreneurship, promoting Scientific research and innovation, it stated.
- This will entail mentoring product development, motivating youth to take up S&T entrepreneurship, supporting job creation and employment. The promising S&T solutions/Research in the state will enable sustainable ventures, businesses, and facilitate commercialization of research output, it stated.
About West Bengal:
- Capital: Kolkata
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar
- Chief Minister: Mamata Banerjee
NABARD inks 3 MoUs with SBI to extend credit support for various projects
- In Gujarat, the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development -NABARD has inked three Memoranda of Understanding with Public Sector Bank- State Bank of India to extend credit support for various projects.
- The signing of MoUs took place between D. K. Mishra, Chief General Manager of NABARD in Gujarat and Dukhbandhu Rath, Chief General Manager, SBI Ahmedabad Circle in the presence of NABARD Chairman G. R. Chintala.
- The MoUs were signed for financing joint liability groups and Self-Help Groups-support credit inflows to Farmer Producers’ Organizations and economic support for watershed development projects. These will help in providing credit support to the different sections of the society including the priority sector.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairman: Govinda Rajulu Chintala
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS
M A Ganapathy appointed as Director General, BCAS
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of M A Ganapathy to the post of Director General, BCAS, for a tenure up to his superannuation on February 29, 2024 or until further orders. He is a 1986 batch IPS officer of Uttarakhand cadre.
- The post of BCAS chief fell vacant after Rakesh Asthana was appointed as the Director General of Border Security Force in August.
MOFSL appoints Arvind Hali as MD & CEO of Motilal Oswal Home Finance
- Motilal Oswal Financial Services Limited (MOFSL) has appointed Arvind Hali as the new Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer and Amar Bahl as the Deputy Managing Director & COO of its housing finance company Motilal Oswal Home Finance Limited (MOHFL).
- Arvind Hali will be responsible to drive broad based strategy, strengthen operations and scale the business up. He was formerly associated with Art Housing Finance Ltd. and specializes in Consumer, Retail & MSME lending space, Consumer Loans (Secured and Unsecured), Home Loans (Urban and Semi-Urban), Mortgages (LAP-Urban, Semi-Urban & Semi-Rural) and MSME Loans (Secured and Unsecured).
- Whereas Amar Bahl has a rich domain experience of over 21 years in the Financial Services industry. His last assignment was with ART Housing Finance as President and COO.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONORS
2020 Nobel Prize Physics: Roger Penrose, Reinhard Genzel and Andrea Ghez declared winners
- Roger Penrose, Reinhard Genzel and Andrea Ghez have been awarded the 2020 Nobel Prize in Physics for their pioneering work on space involving the black holes and the Milky Way’s darkest secret.
- One half of the 2020 Nobel Prize in Physics has been awarded to Roger Penrose and the other half jointly to Reinhard Genzel and Andrea Ghez.
- Roger Penrose won the 2020 Nobel Prize in Physics for his work on black hole and the general theory of relativity.
- Meanwhile, Reinhard Genzel and Andrea Ghez, who have jointly won the second half of the prize, have been awarded “for the discovery of a supermassive compact object at the centre of our galaxy“
Two Mumbai-based Start-ups declared winners of first National Start-Up Awards-2020
- Two Mumbai-based Start-ups were declared winners at the first National Start-Up Awards-2020. While Taraltech Solutions Private Limited won the award in the Urban Services category, Wealthy Therapeutics won the award in the Health care category.
- After Karnataka, Maharashtra had the maximum number of start-ups applying for this prestigious award. India is the number three country in the world in terms of number of Start-ups.
- While Taraltech Solutions Private Limited is working on providing clean drinking water to all, especially in rural areas. Their product, the Taraltec Reactor, can be retrofitted to borewell hand pumps to provide safe water for those who continue to use the water source due to a lack of other options.
- Wellthy’s Digital Therapeutic suite is a combination of platforms working together for better health. It’s a smartphone app for patients, monitoring dashboard with real-time intervention for virtual health coaches, coaching dashboard for paramedical staff, AI powered health bot, connected devices such as smart drug delivery systems, IoT-enabled BP and sugar monitoring devices, and connected activity trackers.
- The winners will get cash prizes of five lakh rupees each, along with opportunities to present their solutions to relevant public authorities and corporates, for potential pilot projects and work orders.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
12th BRICS Summit to be held virtually on November 17
- The 12th BRICS Summit will be held on 17th November 2020 via video conference.
- The theme of the Meeting of the Leaders of BRICS countries which includes Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa is “BRICS Partnership for Global Stability, Shared Security and Innovative Growth”.
- The Summit this year is being held under the Chairmanship of Russia and aims at a multifaceted cooperation between the member countries.
- The five member countries have continued close strategic partnership on all the three major pillars of peace and security, economy and finance, cultural and people-to-people exchanges.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Indo-French satellites to trace illegal oil spillage
- The constellation of maritime surveillance satellites for the Indian Ocean Region, to be jointly launched by India and France, will be able to trace illegal spillage of oil by ships.
- CNES and ISRO committed to developing and building a constellation of satellites carrying telecommunications and radar and optical remote-sensing instruments, constituting the first space-based system in the world capable of tracking ships continuously.
- The main purpose of this is to trace illegal spillage of oil by ships. The Indian Ocean Region has several Sea Lanes of Communication (SLOC) and used by many ships every day.
- The satellites will be operated jointly by France and India to monitor ships in the Indian Ocean.
- Parts of the satellites will be built in both the countries and launched from India.
- CNES and the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) are also operating a number of climate-monitoring satellites together.
- ‘Trishna’, a highly precise thermal infrared observer, will also be part of the fleet of Indo-French satellites.
- Capital: Paris
- President: Emmanuel Macron
- Currency: Euro
C-DAC to Commission India’s Fastest HPC-AI Supercomputer PARAM Siddhi – AI with NVIDIA
- NVIDIAsaid that the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) will commission India’s largest HPC-AI supercomputer, ‘PARAM Siddhi – AI’.
- This initiative will put India among the top countries in global AI supercomputing research and innovation.
- The initiative has been spearheaded by Abhishek Das, Scientist and Program Director (HPC-AI Infrastructure Development) at C-DAC, who conceived the idea and designed the architecture for the largest HPC-AI infrastructure in India.
- It was approved by Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union minister of Electronics and IT and Law & Justice; Ajay Prakash Sawhney (Secretary, MeitY), Prof Ashutosh Sharma (Secretary, DST) and recommendation of National Supercomputing Mission (NSM – a government initiative) Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) chaired by Dr V K Saraswat, Member, Niti Aayog.
- The supercomputer will have 210 AI Petaflops (6.5 Petaflops Peak DP) and will be based on the NVIDIA DGX SuperPOD reference architecture comprising 42 NVIDIA DGX A100 systems, connected with NVIDIA Mellanox HDR InfiniBand networking along with indigenously developed HPC-AI engine, Software Frameworks, Cloud Platform by C-DAC.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Former acting CJ of Gujarat High Court A S Dave passes away
- Former acting Chief Justice (CJ) of Gujarat High Court, Anant S Dave, passed away after prolonged illness. He was 62.
- In November 2018, Dave was appointed as the acting Chief Justice of the Gujarat HC after Justice Akil Kureshi, who was expected to assume the office of Chief Justice on the basis of seniority, was transferred to Bombay High Court.
Veteran Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh Yadav passes away
- Mulayam Singh Yadav, former MLC of Samajwadi Party, passed away. He was 92.
- He was the block chief for 15 years and a member of the Legislative Council for 20 consecutive years. He was a three-time member of the Legislative Council.
Afghanistan Cricket Player Najeeb Tarakai passes away after accident
- Najeeb Tarakai, the Afghanistan top-order batsman, has passed away at 29 from injuries he sustained in a road accident.
- Tarakai had featured in one T20I and 12 ODIs for Afghanistan, primarily as an opening batsman. His T20I best of 90 came against Ireland in 2017.
Legendary rock guitarist Eddie Van Halen dies at 65
- Eddie Van Halen, considered one of rock music’s greatest guitar players, died of cancer. He was 65. Van Halen is among the top 20 best-selling artists of all time and his band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2007.
- Michael Jackson’s Thriller, whose iconic Beat It featured a guitar solo from Eddie Van Halen. Rolling Stone magazine put Eddie Van Halen at No 8 in its list of the 100 greatest guitarists
DAILY CA 6th OCT
- World Teachers’ Day- 5th oct
- World Habitat Day- first Monday of oct
- Wildlife Week- 2nd to 8th oct
- Foreign Ministers of all four Quad countries- India, US, Japan, Australia to meet in Tokyo
- India and Myanmar agree to operationalise Sittwe port in the first quarter of 2021
- Indian Bank’s Kisan credit card loan for TN fishermen
- Indian Bank launches its first Customer Acquisition & Processing Centre in Chennai
- BFSL, ICSI launch co-branded credit card for Company Secretaries
- Reliance General partners SatSure Analytics for crop insurance business
- Puducherry airport turns into AAI’s first 100% solar-powered airport
- Yudh Pradushan Ke Virudh: Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal launches anti-pollution campaign
- Rajasthan govt launches month long mass awareness campaign on COVID-19
- ISLRTC & NCERT to ink MoU to make education materials accessible for Deaf children
- MoHUA enters into MoU with Swiggy to take street food vendors online under PM SVANIDHI scheme
- SEBI Whole-Time Member Madhabi Buch gets 1-year extension in tenure
- EC appoints Ex IRS officer Madhu Mahajan & B. R Balakrishnan as Special Expenditure Observers for Bihar Assembly Polls
- Govt nominates Ashima Goyal, Jayanth Verma, Shashank Bhide as new members of MPC
- The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2020
- AICC conferred Lifetime Achievement Award to Ratan Tata
- HDFC Bank’s Ravi Santhanam in Forbes list of World’s Most Influential CMOs
- Dr Jitendra Singh releasing Coffee Table Book titled ‘ Discovering the Heritage of Assam’, with foreword by Amitabh Bachchan and published by Penguin.
- PM addresses international webinar on textile traditions organized by ICCR
- Nirmala Sitharaman to chair 42nd GST Council meeting
- India conducts successful flight test of SMART
- Sofia Vergara is Forbes’ highest-paid actress of 2020, with Rs 315 crore earnings
- Tamil Nadu tops in road accidents for third year
- Tabu, Taapsee Pannu, Anushka Sharma top McAfee’s ‘Most Dangerous Celebrity’ list in India
- IIM Kozhikode to launch e-learning hub for villagers
- Yashaswini Singh Deswal wins gold in online shooting meet
- Veteran BJD MLA Pradeep Maharathy passes away
- Jharkhand Minister Haji Hussain Ansari passes away at 73
DAILY CA 7th OCT
- World Cotton Day- 7th oct
- Piyush Goyal Inaugurates Renaming Of Naugarh Railway Station To Siddharthnagar
- India’s first 5 Animal bridges to come up on this greenfield expressway
- Integration between PM SVANidhi & SBI portals ‘API’ launched to ease processing of loan applications
- My Ganga My Dolphin campaign launched at six sites across river Ganga
- ICICI Bank offers debit card to borrowers availing Loan Against Securities
- Sebi introduces very high risk category in mutual fund schemes
- FM launches Indian Bank’s business mentoring programme for MSMEs
- Axis Bank, Vistara launch co-branded forex card
- TCS Becomes Second Indian Firm To Cross Rs 10 Lakh Crore Market Cap
- IBM to set up centre of excellence for AI with government e-marketplace
- India’s first B2B Crypto trading exchange DigitX launched
- Gujarat to get country’s first two Organic Spices Seed parks
- Goa launches ‘DISHTAVO’ YouTube channel for e-learning in higher education
- Gujarat govt announces Digital Seva Setu Programme for rural areas
- IFFCO, Prasar Bharati sign MoU to broadcast & promote new agriculture technology & innovations
- Bengal govt inks MoU with IIM-C wing to set up technology development centre
- NABARD inks 3 MoUs with SBI to extend credit support for various projects
- M A Ganapathy appointed as Director General, BCAS
- MOFSL appoints Arvind Hali as MD & CEO of Motilal Oswal Home Finance
- 2020 Nobel Prize Physics: Roger Penrose, Reinhard Genzel and Andrea Ghez declared winners
- Two Mumbai-based Start-ups declared winners of first National Start-Up Awards-2020
- 12thBRICS Summit to be held virtually on November 17
- Indo-French satellites to trace illegal oil spillage
- C-DAC to Commission India’s Fastest HPC-AI Supercomputer PARAM Siddhi – AI with NVIDIA
- Former acting CJ of Gujarat High Court A S Dave passes away
- Veteran Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh Yadav passes away
- Afghanistan Cricket Player Najeeb Tarakai passes away after accident
- Legendary rock guitarist Eddie Van Halen dies at 65