This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
Indian Foreign Service Day
- IFS Day is celebrated on 9 October every year since 2011 to commemorate the day the Indian Cabinet created the IFS.
- Their work towards serving the nation and furthering national interests globally are commendable.
World Migratory Bird Day (WMBD)
- World Migratory Bird Day (WMBD)is an annual awareness-raising campaign highlighting the need for the conservation of migratory birds and their habitats.
- The Day is celebrated bi-annually on the second Saturday in May and in October.
- This year it falls on 9May and 10th
- This year thetheme of World Migratory Bird Day is “Birds Connect Our World”
World Day Against the Death Penalty
- Every year 10th October marks the World Day Against the Death Penalty.
- It is a day to advocate for the abolition of the death penalty and to raise awareness of the conditions and the circumstances which affect prisoners with death sentences.
- The day was first organised by the World Coalition Against the Death Penalty in 2003.
- 18th edition theme is “Access to counsel – A matter of life or death.”
International Day of the Girl Child
- Every year on 11 October, the International Day of the Girl, UNICEF launches an annual campaign with girls to amplify their voices and stand up for their rights.It is celebrated since 2012.
- This year, under the theme, “My voice, our equal future”
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Coal Ministry launches website for research endeavors in coal sector
- Ministry of Coal has launched the website to promote Research & Development (R&D) activities of the ministry and attract research institutes for R&D endeavors in coal sector.
- Shri Anil Jain launched the website (https://scienceandtech.cmpdi.co.in/) during the 56th meeting of Standing Scientific Research Committee of the Ministry. Coal India R&D arm, Central Mines Planning & Design Institute Limited (CMPDI) has designed and developed this website.
- The website will help in disseminating and promoting the knowledge and research work in the coal sector.
- MoC has been promoting R&D activities in Coal & Lignite sectors through its Coal Science & Technology (S&T) Plan for improvement in production, productivity, safety, coal beneficiation & utilization, protection of environment & ecology, clean coal technology & allied fields etc. MoC also provides funds to carry out research work on these subjects.
- Minister of Coalwith additional portofolio Parliamentary Affairs and Mines: Pralhad Venkatesh Joshi
- Constituency: Dharwad, Karnataka
Narendra Modi launches physical distribution of property cards under SWAMITVA scheme
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the physical distribution of property cards under the SVAMITVA(Survey of Villages And Mapping With Improvised Technology In Village Areas) scheme via videoconferencing that enables rural masses to use the property as a financial asset.
- The move will pave the way for villagers to use property as a financial asset for taking loans and other financial benefits.
- The launch will enable around one lakh property holders to download their property cards through an SMS link sent on their mobile phones, and this would be followed by the physical distribution of property cards by respective state governments.
- Prime Minister Modi also interacted with some of the beneficiaries during the event. Union Minister for Panchayati Raj and Rural Development Narendra Singh Tomar were present.
About Property Card
- A property card is the land record of ownership and history of ownership of the land in an urban area. Normally, when your land property is located in a municipal area and has got city survey number, the details of transfers of ownership/ transactions of such property are recorded in the property card. So, a property card basically provides information about the ownership of a property and the history of holdings of land located in an urban area. If you are planning to buy land in an urban area, it is essential that you check the property card of the seller and ensure his/her ownership of the land.
Details included in Property Card:
- Name of the landowner
- Survey number of land
- Area of the land
- Changes in ownership
- Details of loans taken by the owner from government agencies
- Details of pending litigations, if any
- Details of tax levied on the land. This includes paid and unpaid taxes
PM Modi releases Rs 100 commemorative coin in honour of Vijaya Raje Scindia
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a commemorative 100 rupee coin in the honour of Vijaya Raje Scindia. One of the founder members of BJP, Vijaya Raje Scindia is also popularly known as the Rajmata of Gwalior.
- The special commemorative coin was minted by the Finance Ministry as a part of these celebrations.
- She was a Jana Sangh leader and one of the founding members of the BJP.
- Coming from a royal family, Scindia was one of the major faces of the saffron party and vocal proponent of its core Hindutva issues.
- She was born on October 12, 1919. Her daughter Vasundhara Raje and grandson Jyotiraditya Scindia are senior BJP leaders.
All eight beaches recommended by Govt gets coveted International Blueflag Certification: Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar
- Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar stated that all eight beaches recommended by the Government has got the coveted International Blueflag Certification.
- The beaches which got International Blueflag Certification are Shivrajpur beach in Dwarka Gujarat, Ghoghla beach in Diu, Kasarkod and Padubidri in Karnataka, Kappad in Kerala, Rushikonda in Andhra Pradesh, Golden Beach in Odisha and Radhanagar beach in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- The iconic Blue Flag is one of the world’s most recognised voluntary awards for beaches, marinas.
- In order to qualify for the Blue Flag, a series of stringent environmental, educational, safety and accessibility criteria is met and maintained.
- A world-renowned award trusted by millions around the globe, the Blue Flag programme is operated under the auspices of the Foundation for Environmental Education, FEE and is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark.
About Blue Flag:
- The Blue Flag is a certification by the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE) that a beach, marina, or sustainable boating tourism operator meets its standards. The Blue Flag is a trademark owned by FEE which is a not-for-profit non-governmental organisation consisting of 65 organisations in 60 member countries.
Nirmala Sitharaman announces major schemes to boost demand in country by Rs 73,000 Cr
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced major schemes to boost demands in the country by nearly 73 thousand crore rupees.
- Sitharaman informed that the new proposals aim at giving a thrust of around 36 thousand crore rupees to the consumer demands by the Leave Travel Concession LTC Voucher and Festival advance scheme. Additionally she stated, 37 thousand crore rupees will be infused in the capital expenditure by the Centre and the State Governments.
- The Finance Minister informed that the new proposal is likely to cost nearly 5 thousand 675 crore rupees to the Central Government. In her announcement towards special assistance for states for utilisation under capital expenditure, the Finance Minister informed that special interest free loans with a 50 year repayment term and amounting to 12 thousand crore rupees will be disbursed. Under the assistance scheme, 2 thousand 500 crore rupees will be given to the North Eastern States and Northern States Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand. Seven thousand 500 crore rupees will be given to other states in proportion to their share in Finance Commission devolution.
- The Minister also announced that an additional amount of 25 thousand crore rupees will be provided by the Centre through capital expenditure on roads, defence infrastructure, water supply, urban development and domestically produced capital equipment.
About Ministry of Finance:
- Nirmala Sitharaman, Cabinet Minister
- Constituency: Karnataka
- Anurag Thakur, Minister of State for Finance
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
RBI to discontinue system-based automatic caution-listing of exporters
- In an effort to provide flexibility to exporters in the realisation of export proceeds, the Reserve Bank has decided to discontinue the system-based automatic caution-listing of exporters.
- As part of automation of the Export Data Processing and Monitoring System, the ‘Caution/De-caution Listing’ of exporters was automated in 2016. Accordingly, the exporters were to be caution-listed automatically, if any shipping bill against them remained outstanding for more than two years.
- After contracting for six months in a row, India’s exports grew by 5.27 percent year-on-year to 27.4 billion dollars in September while the trade deficit narrowed to a three-month low of 2.91 billion dollars.
ACC extends tenure of 3 Executive Directors of PSU banks
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the extension of the term of three Executive Directors (EDs) in various Public Sector Banks (PSBs).
- The Department of Financial Services in the Finance Ministry had made these proposals based on the recommendations of the Banks Board Bureau (BBB).
- While Matam Venkata Rao, Executive Director of Canara Bank, has been given an extension of two years — beyond his earlier term that expired on October 8, the term of Ajay Kumar Srivastava, Executive Director of Indian Overseas Bank, has also been extended by two years from the same date.
- The ACC has also approved the extension of the term of Debashish Mukherjee, Executive Director of Canara Bank for a period of two years from February 18, 2021 — when his current term is due to expire, according to an executive order issued by the Department of Personal Training.
- Meanwhile, Rajesh Kumar Yaduvanshi, who was Executive Director at Punjab National Bank ceased to be director on the Board of PNBB on completion of his tenure on October 8.
- It may be recalled that the BBB had recently recommended names of 13 General Managers and Chief General Managers for being appointed as Executive Directors in various PSBs. These thirteen names have since been alloted banks in eleven PSBs, sources added
About Appointments Committee of the Cabinet:
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) decides appointments to several top posts under the Government of India. The committee is composed of the Prime Minister of India (who is the Chairman), the Minister of Home Affairs. Originally the Minister-in-charge of the concerned Ministry was also the part of the committee but as per the new notification (as on 14 July 2016) the minister of concerned ministry has been excluded from the committee
RBI expects real GDP to fall by 9.5%
- India’s recovery is likely to be a three-speed recovery predominantly, with individual sectors showing varying paces depending on sector-specific realities, according to Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Shaktikanta Das.
- For the year 2020-21 as a whole, the central bank expects real GDP to decline by 9.5 per cent, with risks tilted to the downside: (-)9.8 per cent in Q2 (July-September) 2020-21; (-)5.6 per cent in Q3 (October-December); and 0.5 per cent in Q4 (January-March 2021).
- Real GDP growth for Q1 (April-June) 2021-22 will see a rebound, with the RBI placing it at 20.6 per cent.
- Das observed that the sectors that would ‘open their accounts’ the earliest are expected to be those that have shown resilience in the face of the pandemic and are also labour-intensive.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: Shri M. K. Jain, Shri B.P. Kanungo, Michael Debabrata Patra
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
BharatPe Launches Brand Campaign With Record 11 Cricket Stars As Brand Ambassadors
- BharatPe has announced the launch of its high impact TV campaign starring ‘Team BharatPe’ with 11 Cricket stars. The TVC series has been directed by ace Bollywood director, Puneet Malhotra, and communicates the message ‘Hum Hai Team BharatPe – Jo Desh Ke Har Dukandaar Ke Saath Hai Khade’.
- This is the first time that a new age FinTech company has rolled out a TV campaign with 11 top cricket stars as its brand ambassadors. Team BharatPe includes Rohit Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, KL Rahul, Mohammed Shami, Ravindra Jadeja, Suresh Raina, Shreyas Iyer, Prithvi Shaw, Sanju Samson, Yuzvendra Chahal, and Shubhman Gill.
- The company is set to redefine the financial services landscape with its 4 TV advertisements designed to drive awareness around BharatPe’s range of financial products for small shop owners across India, including QR based payment acceptance, no collateral loans, card payment machine with 0% transaction fee, and the exciting loyalty program.
Amazon Pay, Uber collaborate to push digital payments in India
- Amazon Pay, an online payment processing service, and Uber, a technology company that offers vehicles for hire, announced a partnership that will integrate Amazon Pay as a payment option on the Uber app.
- According to the joint official release, this partnership aims at enabling millions of customers to make contactless, safe, and secure payments for their Uber rides.
- The report stated that the partnership will bring contactless payments to more Indians by ensuring social distancing measures.
- The strategic association will also focus on providing users one-click payment experience with cashback offers to drive adoption and further strengthen the digital payments ecosystem.
- To facilitate their Uber trip, customers will need to link their Amazon Pay account to Uber by clicking on the ‘Payments’ icon and choosing Amazon Pay.
- In order to make the payment process as seamless as possible, the ride fare for any subsequent Uber trips will be automatically paid from their Amazon Pay balance after the completion of a trip.
About Uber Technologies Inc:
- CEO: Dara Khosrowshahi
- Headquarters: California, United States
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Goa Govt Ties Up With India Post To Get Farmers Enrolled In PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme
- The Goa Government has tied up with India Postto get 11,000 farmers enrolled in the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sanman Nidhi scheme.
- This is the first such exercise in India to enrol farmers in the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme, whereby the postman will be utilised to benefit farmers.
- All 255 post offices in Goa and 300 staff are involved in this initiative.
- This PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme where the farmers directly received direct benefit transfer of Rs 2,000 in three instalments every year, is for the economically weaker farmers.
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Capital: Panaji
- Chief minister: Pramod Sawant
About India Post
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Director General: Arundhaty Ghosh
Kerala introduces high-tech digital classrooms in all its public schools
- Kerala, the highly literate state, is pioneering digital classroom technology. And it is introducing high-tech classrooms in all its public schools.
- Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan made the official announcement of all the public schools in the State becoming completely digital this morning. The state has successfully completed the hi-tech smart class project in government schools with financial aid from KIIFB as part of the Public Education Rejuvenation Mission.
- Kerala Infrastructure and Technology for Education (KITE) has implemented the project which comes under the general education department. Over 3.74 lakh digital equipments were distributed in 16,027 schools for the smart classroom project. Apart from KIIFB fund, the asset development funds of public representatives and local government funds were also utilized for the project.
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
- Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
14 investors sign MoUs with Tamil Nadu govt to invest over Rs 10,055 Cr in various industrial projects
- In Tamil Nadu, 14 investors have signed MoUs with the state government to invest over 10,055 crore rupees in various industrial projects. The MoUs were inked in the presence of the state Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswamy in Chennai.
- A release from the state government says the investments would generate over seven thousand direct jobs and many more indirect jobs. It says 42 MoUs have been signed since last January worth over 31464 crore rupees.
- Notable among the investment proposals include the JSW Renewable Energy Ltd’s plans to generate renewable energy in Thoothukudi, Tenkasi, Tirunelveli, Ramanadhapuram and Tirupur districts.
- The Apollo Tyres has signed the agreement for expanding its operations at Oragadam in Kanchipuram district.The Hiranandani group establishes an industrial logistics park at Oragadam. The Spanish IT firm Mantra Data Centre established its Data Centre near Chennai.
- Aosheng Hitech Ltd has signed the agreement for launching a carbon fibre plates manufacturing unit.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Amit Banerjee is appointed as the New Director (Rail and Metro Business) at BEML
- Amit Banerjee assumed charge as the Director (Rail and Metro Business) and Member on the Board of BEML A graduate in Mechanical Engineering from IIT (BHU), Varanasi, Banerjee had joined BEML as an assistant engineer in 1984, the company stated in a statement.
- In his professional career spanning over three decades in BEML, Banerjee has worked in the research and development and manufacturing functions.
- His experience involves the design and development of various products like SSEMU, Metro cars, Catenary Maintenance Vehicle, etc.
- His team has also received the Raksha Mantri Award for Design Effort towards Design and Development of Austenitic Stainless Steel EMU and Intermediate metro cars for Delhi Metro.
About BEML Limited:
- Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Shri D. K. Hota: (Chairman & MD)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONORS
Chaitanya Venkateswaran, 18-year-old Indian girl, becomes British High Commissioner for a day
- Chaitanya Venkateswaran, an 18-year-old girl from India, got a unique opportunity to become the British High Commissioner of India.
- She hails from India’s capital city New Delhi, participated in an initiative run by the British High Commission, in which the organisation urges young Indian women, between the age of 18 and 23, to step into the role of being a world leader.
- Called the ‘High Commissioner for a Day’, this initiative is an annual event that was first organised in 2017 and celebrates the International Day of the Girl Child, which is on October 11.
- The video, that was submitted by her, talks about the challenges and opportunities for gender equality in the age of COVID-19.
- As the High Commissioner for a Day, Venkateswaran started her day by distributing tasks to her colleagues — High Commission’s department heads. She also got a chance to interact with senior woman police officers and hosted press conferences.
- The 18-year-old also launched a study tracing the impact of British Council STEM scholarships on Indian women participants.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
The Khalistan Conspiracy: A Former R&aw Officer Unravels The Path To 1984 by G.B.S.Sidhu
- After twenty-six years in the R&AW, B.S. Sidhu retired as Special Secretary in 1998. His book, Sikkim: Dawn of Democracy (2018), talks about his role in Sikkim’s 1975 merger with India, when he was in charge of the R&AW station at Gangtok.
- He examines a series of interconnected events that led to the rise of the Khalistan movement, Operation Blue Star, the assassination of Prime Minister Indira Gandhi in 1984 and the anti-Sikh violence unleashed thereafter. With a timeline that moves from seven years before to a decade after 1984.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Nanosafe Solutions launch anti-fungal water storage container “AqCure”
- The Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IIT-D)-incubated startup Nanosafe Solutions has developed a range of antimicrobial i.e., anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal water storage container based on the inherent antimicrobial properties of copper.
- AqCure is a patented technology in which active nanocopper is released in a sustainable manner from a polymer matrix.
- The released copper makes the outer and inner surface of the container antimicrobial, reducing transmission of microbes upon direct contact, and making the stored water microbiologically safe.
Advanced version of Sayabot launched
- Kochi-based maker Village Startup ASIMOV Robotics has modified its robot, Sayabot, with add-on features like checking body temperature of visitors/customers and dispensing sanitiser at the same time.
- The powerful sensor will help the robot check the temperature with the right hand while dispensing sanitiser with the left hand.
- Moreover, if the visitor is not wearing a mask at all or not wearing it properly, the Sayabot will ask him to put on masks. It will also thank those who are wearing masks.
- If the robot sees anyone touching his/her face or nose in its presence, it will warn them.
Trial run of India’s first hydrogen fuel cell car successfully conducted by CSIR, KPIT
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and KPIT successfully ran trials of India’s first Hydrogen Fuel Cell (HFC) prototype car running on an indigenously developed fuel cell stack at CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory, Pune. The fuel cell is a low temperature PEM (Proton Exchange Membrane) type Fuel Cell that operates at 65-75 degree centigrade, which is suitable for vehicular applications.
- CSIR and KPIT have successfully developed a 10 kWe automotive grade LT-PEMFC fuel cell stack based on CSIR’s know-how. The heart of the PEM fuel cell technology includes the membrane electrode assembly, which is wholly a CSIR knowhow.
- KPIT brought in their expertise in stack engineering which included light-weight metal bipolar plate and gasket design, development of the balance of plant (BoP), system integration, control software and electric powertrain that enabled running the fuel cell vehicle.
- Director General: Shekhar C. Mande
- Head quarters : Delhi
About KPIT Technologies Limited:
- Ravi Pandit:(Chairman, Group CEO)
- Headquarters:Pune, Maharashtra, India
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
North Korea unveils ‘monster’ new intercontinental ballistic missile at parade
- North Korea unveiled a previously unseen ‘monster’ missile capable of hitting targets in the USA at a massive military parade.
- This would be one of the largest road-mobile intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) in the world if it becomes operational.
- Also displayed were the Hwasong-15, which is the longest-range missile ever tested by North Korea.
About North Korea
- Capital: Pyongyang
- Supreme leader: Kim Jong-un
- Currency: North Korean won
Indian Navy Ships Sahyadri and Kora adjudged as Best Ships in FAF 2020
- Fleet Award Function(FAF), 2020 was organised to mark the successful culmination of the Operational Cycle of the Eastern Fleet of the Indian Navy at Visakhapatnam.
- FAF is of great significance as it acknowledges the resilience and perseverance of Men-in-Whites appointed onboard ships of ‘Poorvi Beda’ or colloquially called the ‘Sword Arm’ of ENC. During the event, the Fleet Operations Officer presented the Annual Report of activities and achievements of the Fleet for 01 Apr 19 to 31 Mar 20.
- Sixteen trophies were awarded in recognition of excellence in various operational verticals. The most coveted trophies of Best Ship were awarded to INS Sahyadri amongst Capital ships and INS Kora amongst Corvettes and similar classes of ships.
- Indian Naval Ships Airavat and Kiltan jointly bagged the ‘Best Spirited Ship’ displaying indomitable spirit and grit whilst undertaking a plethora of challenging missions.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
India to be third-largest economy in world by 2050
- Indian economy will become the third-largest in the world by 2050 after the United States and China, a study published in the Lancet journal.
- Currently, India is at fifth spot followed by France and the United Kingdom.
- In 2017, India was the seventh-largest economy in the world. The study took that as the base year and calculated the growth of the country.
- As per the study, India will become the fourth-largest economy in the world by 2030 and subsequently moved to third spot by 2050.
- India will overtake Japan in the list which is currently at the fourth spot.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
French Open Tennis 2020
- Rafael Nadal scripted history by winning a record-extending 13th French Open title as he lifted his 20th Grand Slam trophy and equalled Roger Federer’s record for most Major titles.
- It was held at the Stade Roland Garros in Paris, France.
|Men’s Singles||Spain Rafael Nadal||Serbia Novak Djokovic|
|Women’s Singles||Poland Iga Świątek||USA Sofia Kenin|
|Men’s Doubles||Germany Kevin Krawietz / Germany Andreas Mies||Mate Pavić and Bruno Soares|
|Women’s Doubles||Hungary Tímea Babos / France Kristina Mladenovic||Alexa Guarachi and Desirae Krawczyk|
India’s Nihal Sarin wins Junior Speed Chess Championship
- Young Indian player Nihal Sarin emerged winner in the com’s 2020 Junior Speed Online Chess Championship, beating Russia’s world junior No. 6 Alexey Sarana in the final.
- Past winners of the Speed Chess Championship include Magnus Carlsen (2017) and Hikaru Nakamura (2018, 2019).
- Sarin, a former world Under-10 champion, will join the Indian men’s team that is taking part in the Asian Online Nations (Regions) Cup Team Championship.
Hamilton wins Eiffel GP to equal Schumacher’s F1 win record
- Lewis Hamilton equalled Michael Schumacher’s record of 91 Formula One wins at a frantic Eifel Grand Prix.
- Red Bull’s Max Versteppen finished second, and took a bonus point for fastest lap, with Australian Daniel Ricciardo third for Renault in his first podium since 2018 when he was at Red Bull.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Renowned Indian-origin South African human rights lawyer Priscilla Jana passes away
- Renowned Indian-origin South African human rights lawyer Priscilla Jana who represented many anti-apartheid political leaders, including Nelson Mandela, has passed away at the age of 76.
- Jana, who had played a significant role against apartheid, was the Deputy Chairperson of the South African Human Rights Commission (SAHRC).
Philanthropist Savithri Vaithi passes away at 92
- Renowned philanthropist and social worker Savithri Vaithi succumbed to a cardiac arrest.
- The 92-year-old was the founder of the Vishranthi Old Age Home and Madras Charity Club.
Former Indian football captain Carlton Chapman passes away
- Former Indian football captain Carlton Chapman passed away due to a heart attack in Bengaluru. He was 49 years old. He was hospitalised with acute back pain.
- Chapman was a formidable force along with Bhaichung Bhutia and IM Vijayan in the 1990s. He won 14 titles, including the first edition of National Football League along with I M Vijayan and Bhaichung Bhutia. Featuring alongside I M Vijayan, Jo Paul and Raman Vijayan at FC Kochi, Chapman went on to win the 1997 South Asian Football Federation Gold. Trained in Tata Football Academy, Chapman joined East Bengal in 1993.
DAILY CA 10th OCT
- World Post Day is celebrated on October 9 every year
- World Egg Day celebrated on second Friday in October every year
- India Post commenced celebration of the National Postal Week from Oct 09 to Oct 15
- National Postal Day is celebrated in India on 10 October every year
- World Mental Health Day is observed on 10 October every year
- World Economic Forum shifts annual meeting 2021 from Davos to Lucerne
- Argentina becomes 1st nation to approve genetically modified wheat
- Dr Harsh Vardhan Inaugurates DBT-BIRAC Clean Tech Demo Park in Delhi
- Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Singh Rawat launches Saur Swarojgar Yojana to generate self-employment for youth, migrants
- Assam CM launches “Swa-nirbhar Naari: Atmanirbhar Asom” scheme
- MCGM, Google collaborate to mark Containment Zones in Mumbai on Google Maps
- Tamil Nadu & World Economic Forum to set up advanced manufacturing hub
- Goa becomes first Har Ghar Jal State in country by providing tap water connection to every rural household
- Delhi govt launches ‘first-of-its kind’ tree transplantation policy
- Axis Bank and Vistara strengthen partnership to launch a co-branded forex card
- Nilesh Shah re-elected as AMFI chairman
- CWG medallist shuttler Chetan Anand named brand ambassador of homegrown brand ‘Transform’
- Poet Nityananda Nayak to receive Sarala Puraskar
- World Food Programme Wins Nobel Peace Prize 2020 For Efforts To Combat Hunger
- IIT Kharagpur designs robotic system to identify diseases plaguing plants
- India Test-Fires First Indigenous Anti-Radiation Missile “Rudram”
- Justice KK Usha, first woman chief justice of Kerala HC from the bar, passes away
DAILY CA 11th OCT
- Indian Foreign Service Day-9th oct
- World Migratory Bird Day (WMBD)- 10th oct
- World Day Against the Death Penalty-10th oct
- International Day of the Girl Child- 11st oct
- Coal Ministry launches website for research endeavors in coal sector
- Narendra Modi launches physical distribution of property cards under SWAMITVA scheme
- PM Modi releases Rs 100 commemorative coin in honour of Vijaya Raje Scindia
- All eight beaches recommended by Govt gets coveted International Blueflag Certification: Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar
- Nirmala Sitharaman announces major schemes to boost demand in country by Rs 73,000 Cr
- RBI to discontinue system-based automatic caution-listing of exporters
- ACC extends tenure of 3 Executive Directors of PSU banks
- RBI expects real GDP to fall by 9.5%
- BharatPe Launches Brand Campaign With Record 11 Cricket Stars As Brand Ambassadors
- Amazon Pay, Uber collaborate to push digital payments in India
- Goa Govt Ties Up With India Post To Get Farmers Enrolled In PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme
- Kerala introduces high-tech digital classrooms in all its public schools
- 14 investors sign MoUs with Tamil Nadu govt to invest over Rs 10,055 Cr in various industrial projects
- Amit Banerjee is appointed as the New Director (Rail and Metro Business) at BEML
- Chaitanya Venkateswaran, 18-year-old Indian girl, becomes British High Commissioner for a day
- The Khalistan Conspiracy: A Former R&aw Officer Unravels The Path To 1984 by G.B.S.Sidhu
- Nanosafe Solutions launch anti-fungal water storage container “AqCure”
- Advanced version of Sayabot launched
- Trial run of India’s first hydrogen fuel cell car successfully conducted by CSIR, KPIT
- North Korea unveils ‘monster’ new intercontinental ballistic missile at parade
- Indian Navy Ships Sahyadri and Kora adjudged as Best Ships in FAF 2020
- India to be third-largest economy in world by 2050
- French Open Tennis 2020
- India’s Nihal Sarin wins Junior Speed Chess Championship
- Hamilton wins Eifel GP to equal Schumacher’s F1 win record
- Renowned Indian-origin South African human rights lawyer Priscilla Jana passes away
- Philanthropist Savithri Vaithi passes away at 92
- Former Indian football captain Carlton Chapman passes away