Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Cabinet approves establishment of new All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Darbhanga, Bihar
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has approved establishment of a new All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Darbhanga, Bihar. This will be established under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY).
- The total cost will be 1264 crore and is likely to be completed within a period of 48 months from the date of the approval of Government of India.
- The premier medical institute will add 100 undergraduate (MBBS) seats, 60 B.Sc. (Nursing) seats and will have 15-20 Super Specialty Departments and 750 hospital beds.
- The new hospital is expected to bridge the gaps between tertiary health-care infrastructure and facilities for quality medical education in the state and adjoining areas.
- Governor: Phagu Chauhan
- Capital: Patna
- Chief minister: Nitish Kumar
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated three petro projects worth Rs 900 crore in Bihar.
- He also inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of 7 urban infrastructure projects worth Rs 541 crore.
Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor gets nod from cabinet
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the 121-km Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor, which will connect Palwal and Sonipat, and decongest the national capital region.
- The project will provide rail connectivity to all routes originating from Delhi and passing through Haryana, while bypassing the national capital. It will make train travel faster from Gurugram and industrial regions in Haryana, including Manesar, Sohna, Farukhnagar, Kharkhauda and Sonipat.
- The project will be implemented by Haryana Rail Infrastructure Development Corp. Ltd, a joint venture between the railway ministry and the Haryana government, and is expected to be complete in five years at an estimated cost of5,617 crore.
- This rail line will start from Palwal and end at Harsana Kalan station (on Delhi-Ambala section). This will give connectivity en route to Patli station (on Delhi-Rewari line), Sultanpur station (on Garhi Harsaru-Farukhnagar Line) and Asaudha Station (on Delhi Rohtak line).
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya
- Chief minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
PM Garib Kalyan Package Insurance Scheme for Health Workers Fighting COVID-19’ extended for another 6 months
- The ‘Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package Insurance Scheme for Health Workers Fighting COVID-19’ was announced on 30 March 2020 for a period of 90 days. This was extended for a further period of 90 days i.e. up to 25th Sept, 2020.
- The scheme has now been extended for another 180 days i.e. 6 months.
- This Central Sector Scheme provides an insurance cover of Rs. 50 lakh to healthcare providers, including community health workers, who may have to be in direct contact and care of COVID-19 patients and therefore at risk of being infected. It also includes accidental loss of life on account of contracting COVID-19.
- The scheme also covers private hospital staff/ retired/volunteer/ local urban bodies/contract/daily wage/ ad-hoc/outsourced staff requisitioned by States/ Central hospitals/autonomous hospitals of Central/States/UTs, AIIMS & INIs/ hospitals of Central Ministries drafted for COVID-19 related responsibilities.
- There is no age limit for this scheme and individual enrolment is not required. The entire amount of premium for this scheme is being borne by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
- Ministry of Health and Family welfare has collaborated with the New India Assurance (NIA) Company Limited for providing the insurance amount based on the guidelines prepared for the scheme.
- Founded: 2016
- During the COVID-19 pandemic in India, Finance Minister announced a 1.70 Lakh Crore($24 billion) relief package under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana for the poor.
Lok Sabha passes bill to cut salaries of MPs by 30%
- The Lok Sabha passed a bill to cut salaries of all MPs by 30 per cent for a year, to meet the exigencies arising out COVID-19 pandemic. The Salary, Allowances and Pension of Members of Parliament (Amendment) Bill, 2020 was unanimously passed by the members of the Lower House.
- The bill was introduced in the Lower House on September 14 .Earlier this year, the government had brought the Salaries and Allowances of Ministers (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020, which provided a 30 per cent cut in sumptuary allowance payable to each minister for a period of one year commencing from April 1, 2020.
- On April 5, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi had approved an ordinance to amend salaries of parliamentarians and ministers, reducing allowances and pension by 30 per cent. The Cabinet had also decided to suspend the MP Local Area Development (MPLAD) scheme for two years and transfer the amount into the government’s consolidated fund.
Lok Sabha passes Banking Regulation (Amendment) Bill
- Bill seeks to strengthen regulatory framework around cooperatives undertaking banking activities
- The Lok Sabha passed the Banking Regulation (amendment) Bill 2020 that seeks to protect the depositors of cooperative banks and empower the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to regulate the banking activities of cooperative societies.
- Sitharaman highlighted that in the last two decades as many as 430 cooperative societies have been de-licensed and liquidated. However, not a single commercial bank under RBI supervision under the Banking Regulation Act had gone into liquidation in the last two decades, she added.
- Sitharaman also made it clear that the Centre was not encroaching into the terrain of the States and was only using its powers under Items 43 and 45 in the Union List of the Constitution to enact this law.
- This Bill also empowers RBI to effectively handle mishaps in private banks without any loss of public confidence or disruption to the financial system.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
India joins Djibouti Code of Conduct/ Jeddah Amendment as Observer
- India has joined the Djibouti Code of Conduct/ Jeddah Amendment, DCOC/JA, as Observer. The move came following the high level meeting of the Djibouti Code of Conduct/ Jeddah Amendment held virtually on 26th of August.
- DCOC/JA is a grouping on maritime matters comprising 18 member states adjoining the Red Sea, Gulf of Aden, the East Coast of Africa and Island countries in the Indian Ocean Region. India has joined Japan, Norway, the UK and the US as Observers to the DCOC/JA.
- The DCOC, established in January 2009, is aimed at repression of piracy and armed robbery against ships in the Western Indian Ocean Region, the Gulf of Aden and the Red Sea.
- As an observer at the DCOC/JA, India is looking forward to working together with DCOC/JA member states towards coordinating and contributing to enhanced maritime security in the Indian Ocean Region.
- Currency: Djiboutian franc
- President: Ismail Omar Guelleh
- Capital: Djibouti
Global Preparedness Monitoring Board (GPMB) releases report ‘A WORLD IN DISORDER’
- It would take 500 years to spend as much on preparedness as the world is currently losing due to COVID-19. The world cannot afford this cycle of panic and neglect.
- This will not be the last global health emergency. The world simply cannot afford to be unprepared again, warns the Global Preparedness Monitoring Board (GPMB) in its second report ‘A World in Disorder’, released.
- Last year, the GPMB warned that the world was unprepared for the very real likelihood of a deadly pandemic spreading around the globe, killing millions of people, disrupting economies, and destabilizing national security.
- In its new report, the GPMB provides a harsh assessment of the global COVID-19 response, calling it “a collective failure to take pandemic prevention, preparedness, and response seriously and prioritize it accordingly.” This lack of accountability by leaders has led to a profound and deepening deficit in trust that is hampering response efforts.
- Responsible leadership and good citizenship have been key determinants of COVID-19’s impact, the report finds–systems are only as effective as the people who use them.
- The report highlights how the devastating social and economic impact of pandemics, especially for the vulnerable and disadvantaged, is often underestimated and ignored. COVID-19’s long-term socioeconomic impacts are predicted to last for decades, with the World Bank’s conservative scenario estimating a US$ 10 trillion earning loss over time for the younger generation as a result of pandemic-related educational deficits.
- ‘A World in Disorder’ identifies the specific commitments and actions leaders and citizens must take — boldly, decisively, and immediately. These include sustainable and predictable financing for global and national health security, and a call to hold a UN Summit on Global Health Security to develop an international framework for health emergency preparedness and response.
About Global Preparedness Monitoring Board (GPMB):
- The WHO Global Preparedness Monitoring Board is a joint arm of the WHO and the World Bank.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Titan with SBI launches first contactless payment watches
- Titan Company has partnered with the country’s largest lender YONO-State Bank of India (SBI) to launch contactless payment watches.
- Known as Titan Pay, Titan and SBI are launching a range of stylish new watches with contactless payment functionality for the first time in India.
- SBI account holders can tap their Titan Pay watch on contactless payment POS machine without the need of swiping or inserting their SBI bank card.
- Payments of up to2,000 can be made without entering a PIN.
- A secure certified Near-Field Communication (NFC) chip embedded in the watch strap by Tappy Technologies enables all the functionalities of a standard contactless SBI debit card.
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Managing Director: C K Venkataraman
Mastercard (MA) Rolls Out Premium Debit Card With SBM Bank
- Mastercard Incorporated MA and SBM Bank India have collaborated to launch SBM World Debit Card, a premium and exclusive card. This card will be custom-built and offered to SBM Private Wealth customers on request.
- The SBM World Debit Card will club niche banking solutions and carefully curated lifestyle privileges including some of the finest shopping and dining opportunities.
- The card comes with highest security standards like superior fraud detection and decision intelligence features, which detect, resolve and prevent fraud issues
- Customers can spend/withdraw money with this card in any foreign currency with 0% foreign currency mark-up fee.
- The launch of this card will allow Mastercard to penetrate the Indian market. The card processor is already in a tie-up with SBM Bank. Earlier this year, the bank and Mastercard together offered real-time business-to-consumer transfers via the Mastercard Send.
About SBM Bank india
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer – Sidharth Rath
- CEO: Ajaypal Singh Banga
- Headquarters: New York, United States
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
TPCI announces sectoral committees to tap new markets & investment
- Trade Promotion Council of India(TPCI), has constituted three Committees focusing on Food & Beverages, Food Processing Technology and Chemical and Allied Products.
- TPCI has constituted these committees to handhold the industry, and act as a think tank, submitting suggestions and recommendations to the government for policies to boost exports.
- TPCI governing council has decided to constitute several sector specific committees with varied industry representation.
- Laxman Singh Rathore, President – International Business of Ramdev Food Products Pvt. Ltd. was elected the Chairman of the sectoral committee on food and beverages. Vivek Agrawal, Managing Director of Capital Venture Pvt. Ltd. was selected as the Vice Chair of the Committee.
- This Committee will be promoting Indian F&B products globally and facilitate Indian F&B products to reach the mainstream retail shelves across the world.
- The Second Committee on Food Processing Technology will be chaired by Senguttuvan, CEO of ITC Limited (Printing & Packaging Division) and Sanjay Grover, Vice President – International Business of Kirloskar Pneumatic Company Limited was elected as the Vice Chairman of the Committee.
- The third Committee on Chemicals will be chaired by Manish Shah, Managing Director of Tanya Exports. Kapil Malhotra, Sr. Vice President – Marketing of Gujarat Fluorochemicals Ltd. was elected as the Vice Chair of the Committee, TPCI announced. The objective of the Committee is to explore and develop a niche market strategy and plan for revamping the chemical sector in India.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Tata Projects wins bid to construct new parliament building
- The Tata Projects Limited won the bid to construct a new Parliament building at a cost of 861.90 crore, officials stated. The L&T Ltd had submitted a bid of Rs.865 crore, they stated.
- “The Tata Projects Limited has won the contract to build a new Parliament building,” an official stated.
- The new Parliament building will be constructed close to the existing one under the Central Vista redevelopment project, and it is expected to be completed in 21 months.
- According to the Central Public Works Department (CPWD), the new building will come up at plot number 118 of the Parliament House Estate.
- The CPWD stated the existing Parliament building would continue to function during the entire period of execution of the project.
About Tata group:
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman : Natarajan Chandrasekaran
UBS Securities sees GDP contracting 8.6 per cent this fiscal
- UBS Securities sees India’s real GDP contracting 6 per cent this fiscal, down from the previously estimated contraction level of 5.8 per cent, its Chief India Economist Tanvee Gupta Jain stated.
- On consumer price inflation, UBS Securities sees inflation remaining above RBI’s upper tolerance band of 6 per cent in the September quarter too just as it was higher in the earlier two quarters. They expect RBI breaching the statutory mandate of 2-6 per cent for three consecutive quarters. Their view is that inflation would decelerate to 5-4 per cent by December 2020. Inflation will start to ease largely led by food even as upside risks exists in next two months. CPI inflation will ease post October owing to base effect and softening food prices,” she stated.
- In the view of UBS, there are three reasons leading to near term inflationary pressures — spike in food prices on lockdown related supply chain disruptions; cost push pressures due to higher taxes on petroleum products and higher global commodities prices like gold.
About UBS Securities:
- Founded: 2006
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
TN to launch SkillTech varsity for varied courses
- Tamil Nadu is taking the lead in imparting students with training on future skills, with plans to launch a SkillTech University to offer courses in different sectors, including automotive and power. SkillTech University will be an online platform and will be beneficial to all stakeholders, including government, industries and students.
- A blueprint of SkillTech University was launched at CII Connect 2020. SkillTech will be a convergence of skill education, the university format and use technology to implement the same, stated R Narayanan, National Leader, Education and Skill Development, KPMG, which is partnering with the State in this initiative.
- SkillTech University will have a strong industry and academic collaborations to offer highly relevant skill training to target students. The initial funding and patronage will be provided by the State government. It will offer deep industry engagement; technology-led and future skills focussed learning; up-to-date curricula in line with evolving industry requirements and flexible learning experience, he stated.
- There will also be AI-enabled career counselling for learners to formulate multiple and choose optional career paths, he stated. SkillTech will have courses on automotive, power, manufacturing, health care and construction.
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
Telangana Minister Launches Farm Cooperative Society Website
- Telangana IT and Industries Minister KT Rama Rao (KTR) launched the Primary Agricultural Co-Operative Society (PACS), Pothgal web portal. The minister launched the web portal: www.pacspothgal.com.
- This society is located in Pothgal village of Mustabad Mandal in Rajanna Siricilla District.
- PACS Pothgal is the first PACS in India to come up with a web portal that has all the details of loans, loan processes, and services offered by the society.
- Information related to the finished and upcoming projects such as petrol bunks, godowns, food processing industries, ATMs, office buildings, are mentioned on the website.
- The website also provides information related to various services including paddy procurement with figures, fixed deposits and lockers.
- The website is available in Telugu and English, and regularly provides the latest news and offers related to the society.
- An easy to use dashboard is underway to help farmers understand the loan processing and use services provided by the society.
- The farmers can also utilise the feedback section to write their complaints and suggestions.
- Capital: Hyderabad
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
- Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Amazon signs up Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan as new Alexa voice
- com has signed up Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan for its Alexa voice assistant.
- He has featured in hundreds of commercials peddling everything from PepsiCo colas, Cadbury chocolates and even a Unicef-backed polio vaccination campaign.
- Amazon first used a celebrity voice when Hollywood actor Samuel L Jackson made a debut on Alexa.
- CEO: Jeff Bezos
- Headquarters: Washington, United States
Online poker platform 9stacks signs Suresh Raina as brand ambassador
- Online poker platform 9stacks has signed Suresh Raina as its brand ambassador.
- A left-handed batsman and a spin bowler, Raina will anchor the brand and help in creating a higher brand recall amongst the key target audience.
- Raina, who announced retirement from the international cricket last month.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
Vice-President to inaugurate CII global Ayurveda summit
- CII-Kerala is organising the 4th edition of Global Ayurveda Summit, a virtual exhibition and conference on emerging opportunities for Ayurveda between September 15 and October 14 with the theme, “Ayurvedha for immunity”.
- The Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the summit in the presence of the Minister of State for External Affairs and Parliamentary Affairs V Muraleedharan.
- CII is organising the summit in partnership with Ministry of Ayush, and with the support of Ayurveda Medical Association of India (AMAI), Ayurvedic Medicine Manufacturers Organisation in India (AMMOI) and Ayurveda Hospital Management Association (AHMA).
- The summit will showcase the Ayurveda immunity model and its success to the global scientific community.
- President: Uday Kotak
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
India ranks 116th in World Bank’s Human Capital Index
- India has been ranked at the 116th position in the latest edition of the World Bank’s annual Human Capital Index that benchmarks key components of human capital across countries.
- However, India’s score increased to 49 from 0.44 in 2018, as per the Human Capital Index report released by the World Bank.
- The 2020 Human Capital Index update includes health and education data for 174 countries — covering 98 per cent of the world’s population — up to March 2020, providing a pre-pandemic baseline on the health and education of children, with the biggest strides made in low-income countries.
- The analysis shows that pre-pandemic, most countries had made steady progress in building human capital of children, with the biggest strides made in low-income countries.
- Last year, India had raised “serious reservations” over the Human Capital Index, wherein India was ranked 115 out of 157 countries. This year India finds itself at 116th from among 174 countries.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Delhi Metro develops indigenous signalling technology under ‘Make in India’
- The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has taken a major step towards the development of an indigenously built signalling technology for metro trains in line with the government’s flagship ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- i-ATS, an important sub-system of the signalling system.
- ATS (Automatic Train Supervision) is a computer based system, which manages train operations. This system is indispensable for high density operations such as the metro, where services are scheduled every few minutes.
- i-ATS is the indigenously developed technology, which will significantly reduce the dependence of Indian metros on foreign vendors dealing with such technologies. Some of the important features of this technology are:
- It can work with Train Control & Signaling Systems of different suppliers.
- i-ATS can work with different levels of technology of Train control and Signalling systems.
- It is also suitable for introduction in Indian Railways which is now introducing Centralized Train control, on a large scale, which uses part of ATS functions.
CSIR Collaborates With Aurobindo Pharma To Develop COVID-19 Vaccines
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and Aurobindo Pharma Limited on announced a collaboration to develop vaccines for COVID-19.
- As per the release issued by the Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology (CCMB), under the signed agreement between CSIR- CCMB and Aurobindo Pharma, Aurobindo will partner with CSIR for the development of several novel COVID-19 vaccines.
- Three CSIR labs namely CCMB Hyderabad, Institute of Medical Technology (IMTECH), Chandigarh and Indian Institute of Chemical Biology (IICB), Kolkata are developing vaccine candidates using different technology platforms. Aurobindo will undertake clinical development and commercialization of the vaccines, it stated.
- Aurobindo Pharma Limited also expresses pride over the collaboration with CSIR for developing vaccines to combat the COVID-19 pandemic and stated that is already setting up a large-scale facility in Hyderabad for manufacturing the vaccine.
- Director General: Shekhar C. Mande
- Head Quarters: New Delhi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Thomas and Uber Cup Finals postponed to 2021 by BWF
- The Thomas and Uber Cup in Denmark postponed to next year by the Badminton World Federation following a wave of withdrawals by top teams due to the raging COVID-19 pandemic.
- India had announced both the men’s and women’s squads for the prestigious event which was scheduled to be held in Aarhus, Denmark from 3 to 11 October.
- Indonesia, South Korea,Thailand, Australia, Chinese Taipei and Algeria in pulling out due to the dreaded disease.
- Founded: 5 July 1934
- President: Poul-Erik Høyer Larsen
- Headquarters: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Cristiano Ronaldo becomes second men’s player to score 100 international goals
- Cristiano Ronaldo became the second man to score 100 international goals, hitting the landmark for Portugal in UEFA Nations League match against Sweden.
- The 35 year-old Juventus forward became the first European to reach 100 goals for his country after Ali Daei, who scored 109 times for Iran. It took him 165 appearances to reach the milestone.
- The five-time Ballon d’Or winner’s goal was also the 57th of his career from a direct free-kick and the 10th in his nation’s colours.
- Out of Ronaldo’s 100 goals, only 17 of them have come in international friendlies. In his long career for Portugal, he has scored seven goals vs Lithuania, six vs Sweden, five vs Andorra, Armenia, Latvia, and Luxembourg.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Former India Test Cricketer Sadashiv Patel passes away at 86
- Former India player Sadashiv Raoji Patil, who represented the country in one Test match, has passed away.
- Patil, a medium-pacer, had made an instant impact on his first-class debut for Maharashtra in the 1952-53 season.
- Patil played 36 First Class matches for Maharashtra from 1952-1964, scoring 866 runs and taking 83 wickets.
- He had also captained Maharashtra in the Ranji Trophy.
Arts scholar Kapila Vatsyayan passes away
- Scholar, author and connoisseur of the arts Kapila Vatsyayan has passed away. She was 92.
- Vatsyayan, who was awarded the Padma Vibhushan in 2011, was the founding director of the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts.
- Vatsyayan was also the chairperson of the Asia Project at the IIC. She was the founding director of the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts.
- She was awarded the Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowship in 1970 and the Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana award in 2000, among the many accolades she won over the years.
Arya Vaidya Pharmacy Chairman Krishnakumar passes away
- P R Krishnakumar, Chairman and Managing Director of the Arya Vaidya Pharmacy (AVP) Coimbatore Limited, who had devoted his entire life to creating awareness on Ayurveda, died of Covid-19.
- He established an institute by the name of AVP Research Foundation (AVPRF) to conduct clinical, literary, field, and drug researches.
- Government of India in 2009 honored him with the ‘Padmashri award’ and presented him the prestigious ‘Dhanwanthari Puraskar’ in 2016 for his contributions in the field of Ayurveda Education, Health and Community Services.
Mali’s former president Moussa Traore passes away
- Mali’s former president Moussa Traore, who ruled the West Africa nation for more than 22 years, has passed away at age 83.
- Traore ruled the country as its military leader until 1979 when he installed himself as civilian president of a one-party state. He was the sole presidential candidate in elections held in 1985.
- Capital: Bamako
- Currency: West African CFA franc
DAILY CA 16th SEP
- International Day of Democracy- 15th sep
- International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer- 16th sep
- PM to inaugurate, launch 7 urban infra projects worth Rs 541 crore in Bihar
- Govt launches Postage Stamp commemorating Mission Shakti’s success
- India walks out of SCO meet after Pakistan projects fictitious map
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance, YES Bank enter into bancassurance pact
- RBI mandates automated recognition of NPAs, provisioning by June 2021
- World Bank so far provided three loans worth 2.5 bn dollars to support India’s response to COVID-19 pandemic: Govt
- NABARD to implement new loan scheme for women’s self help groups
- LVB merger with Clix Group on track; completes substantial due diligence
- SBI plans 24×7 OTP-based cash withdrawal above Rs.10,000
- J&K Horticulture Dept launches “Backyard Horticulture” programme under CAPEX scheme in Jammu district
- Rajasthan government signs pact with SIDBI to develop MSME ecosystem
- Maharashtra CM announces ‘My Family-My Responsibility’ campaign to fight Covid-19
- 111th Birth Anniversary of 1st CM of Tamil Nadu C. N. Annadurai being celebrated
- Madhya Pradesh to celebrate ‘Anna utsav’ on eve of PM Modi’s birthday
- Gujarat CM announces scheme to give interest-free loans to women’s groups
- HIKAI Online academic classes inaugurated at Ramakrishna Mission Sec School in East Khasi Hills district
- Maharashtra govt accords ambulance status to vehicles carrying medical oxygen for one year
- Gujarat signs MoU with SIDBI to help MSMEs amid outbreak downturn
- IIT Bombay’s Techfest launches mental health awareness initiative
- Margaret Atwood Honoured With 2020 Dayton Literary Peace Prize
- Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank presents first ever AICTE Visvesvaraya Best Teacher Awards 2020
- 10th Defence Technology and Trade Initiative, DTTI Group Meeting held virtually
- China launches 9 satellites into space from ocean platform
- Three tech institutions join hands to develop IoT-compatible sensors for agriculture
- The End of an Era; India Exits Tibet by Claude Arpi
DAILY CA 17th SEP
- Cabinet approves establishment of new All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Darbhanga, Bihar
- Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor gets nod from cabinet
- PM Garib Kalyan Package Insurance Scheme for Health Workers Fighting COVID-19’ extended for another 6 months
- Lok Sabha passes bill to cut salaries of MPs by 30%
- Lok Sabha passes Banking Regulation (Amendment) Bill
- India joins Djibouti Code of Conduct/ Jeddah Amendment as Observer
- Global Preparedness Monitoring Board (GPMB) releases report ‘A WORLD IN DISORDER’
- Titan with SBI launches first contactless payment watches
- Mastercard (MA) Rolls Out Premium Debit Card With SBM Bank
- TPCI announces sectoral committees to tap new markets & investment
- Tata Projects wins bid to construct new parliament building
- UBS Securities sees GDP contracting 8.6 per cent this fiscal
- TN to launch SkillTech varsity for varied courses
- Telangana Minister Launches Farm Cooperative Society Website
- Amazon signs up Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan as new Alexa voice
- Online poker platform 9stacks signs Suresh Raina as brand ambassador
- Vice-President to inaugurate CII global Ayurveda summit
- India ranks 116th in World Bank’s Human Capital Index
- Delhi Metro develops indigenous signalling technology under ‘Make in India’
- CSIR Collaborates With Aurobindo Pharma To Develop COVID-19 Vaccines
- Thomas and Uber Cup Finals postponed to 2021 by BWF
- Cristiano Ronaldo becomes second men’s player to score 100 international goals
- Former India Test Cricketer Sadashiv Patel passes away at 86
- Arts scholar Kapila Vatsyayan passes away
- Arya Vaidya Pharmacy Chairman Krishnakumar passes away
- Mali’s former president Moussa Traore passes away