This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
Muslim Women Rights Day
- The Modi government is observing July 31 as Muslim Women Rights Day, marking the first anniversary of the passage of the anti-triple talaq law in Parliament.
- The law, formally called the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Act, 2019, was passed in last year after intense debates in both Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha, with opposition parties stating it targeted the Muslim community even as the Centre asserted that it would help achieve gender justice for Muslim women.
World Ranger Day
- World Ranger Day is celebrated on 31 July to commemorate Rangers killed or injured in the line of duty and to celebrate the work Rangers do to protect the world’s natural and cultural heritage.
- It is promoted by the 54-member association of the International Ranger Federation(IRF).
National Mountain Climbing Day
- National Mountain Climbing Day is celebrated on August 1 every year.
- The adventurous day was established in honor of Bobby Matthews and his friend Josh Madigan, who successfully climbed the 46 high peaks of New York State’s Adirondack Mountains.
World Breastfeeding Week
- World Breastfeeding Week is celebrated every year from 1 to 7 August to encourage breastfeeding and improve the health of babies around the world.
- World Breastfeeding Week first time was celebrated in 1992.
- The theme of World Breastfeeding Week 2020 is “Support breastfeeding for a healthier planet”.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Atal Innovation Mission launches ‘AIM-iCREST’, in partnership with Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Wadhwani Foundation
- In a major initiative to encourage and enable holistic progress in the incubator ecosystem across the country, NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), has launched AIM iCREST – an Incubator Capabilities enhancement program for a Robust Ecosystem focused on creating high performing Startups. This is a first of its kind initiative for advancing innovation at scale in India.
- AIM has joined hands with Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Wadhwani Foundation – organizations that can lend credible support and expertise in the entrepreneurship and innovation space. These partnerships will provide global expertise and showcase proven best practices to the AIM’s incubator network.
- AIM iCREST, as the name suggests, has been designed to enable the incubation ecosystem and act as a growth hack for AIM’s Atal and Established incubators across the country. Under the initiative, the AIM’s incubators are set to be upscaled and provided requisite support to foster the incubation enterprise economy, that will help them to significantly enhance their performance. This will be complemented by providing training to entrepreneurs, through technology driven processes and platforms.
- The program aims at going beyond incubator capacity building. Given the current pandemic crisis, the effort will focus on supporting start-up entrepreneurs in knowledge creation and dissemination as well as in developing robust and active networks.
About NITI Aayog:
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)– Amitabh Kant
- Headquarters– New Delhi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
ADB signs Dollar 200 million financing deal with Reliance for power plant in Bangladesh
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has signed a dollar 200 million financing deal with the Reliance Bangladesh LNG and Power Limited (RBLPL) to build and operate a 718 megawatt combined-cycle gas-fired power plant in Bangladesh.
- A combined-cycle power plant is a relatively more efficient way of producing electricity. It uses both a gas and a steam turbine together to produce up to 50 percent more electricity from the same fuel than a traditional simple-cycle plant.
- The financing deal has two components of dollar 100 million each. While ADB will provide dollar 100 million, it will also administer the other part worth dollar 100 million from the Leading Asia’s Private Infrastructure Fund (LEAP).
- LEAP was set up in 2016 with a dollar 1.5 billion capital commitment for the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
- The plant is proposed to be located on land allotted by Bangladesh Power Development Board (BPDB), in Meghnaghat, Narayanganj District near Dhaka.
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- President: Masatsugu Asakawa
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
SIDBI, TransUnion CIBIL launch financial knowledge platform for MSMEs
- The Small Industries Development Bank of India in association with TransUnion CIBIL has launched a comprehensive financial education and knowledge platform for micro, small and medium enterprises.
- The one-stop knowledge portal- MSMESaksham, will guide MSMEs (micro, small and medium enterprises) seeking seamless and quick access to finance and will also support them in managing their credit obligations.
- It will have a consolidated list of all the schemes launched by the Centre and state governments for MSMEs. It will be a knowledge hub with informative articles, business insights to help entrepreneurs and business owners start or grow businesses.
- Chairman and Managing Director (CMD)– Mohammad Mustafa
- Headquarter– Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
About TransUnion CIBIL
- Headquarter– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Canara Bank ties up with three insurers to provide Corona Kavach policies
- Canara Bank has tied-up with three insurance companies to sell short-term Corona Kavach policy to cover COVID-19 related health expenses.
- The bank has tied up with New India Assurance Company Ltd, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co Ltd and HDFC ERGO Health Insurance.
- The bank in association with the tied-up insurance companies has launched the Corona Kavach Policies at a very competitive premium structure, starting with as low as300.
- Among the key features of the policy are – purchase on individual and family floater basis, minimum sum insured of50,000 to a maximum ofRs.5 lakh.
About Canara Bank
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- CEO: Lingam Venkat Prabhakar
Kotak Mahindra Bank launches two-month campaign with offers, discounts
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has launched a special two-month campaign “Kona Kona Umeed” with offers and discounts across its suite of products, including for loans, savings accounts, current accounts, corporate salary accounts as well as important deals on Kotak debit cards, credit cards and digital payments.
- Kotak has tied up with over 100 brands to provide exclusive deals to its customers in categories such as shopping, essentials, personal care, education, fitness, health and wellness, kids and parenting, entertainment, cyber care and security, among others.
About Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Managing Director(MD) and Chief executive Officer(CEO)– Uday Kotak
- Tagline– Lets make money simple
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
ICICI Pru MF launches ETF on Nifty Alpha Low Volatility index
- ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund has launched ‘Alpha Low Vol 30 ETF’ an open-ended index exchange traded fund.
- The offering aims to provide returns that closely correspond to the returns of Nifty Alpha Low-Volatility 30 Index.
- The New Fund Offer will be open for învestment between August 3 and 10. The units of this ETF will be listed on NSE and BSE.
- The new ETF of ICICI MF intends to counter the cyclical theory of single factor index structure strategy. The index provides exposure to a portfolio of stocks from various sectors, based on top combination of alpha and low volatility.
- Through this ETF, an investor gets access to smart beta strategy which is rule-based and cost-effective, he stated.
- Investors can achieve greater diversification and become less reliant on any one factor to drive returns. Owing to these benefits, globally too, investors are moving to multiple factor strategies.
About ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund:
- CEO: Nimesh Shah
- Headquarters: Mumbai
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ACQUISITIONS AND MERGERS
Tata Capital Growth Fund to invest USD 30 mn in Biocon Biologics
- Biotechnology major Biocon stated Tata Capital Growth Fund will invest USD 30 million (Rs 225 crore) in its subsidiary Biocon Biologics to acquire 0.85 per cent equity stake in the company.
- The firm stated this deal values Biocon Biologics at USD 3.5 billion.
- Biocon stated the board of its subsidiary Biocon Biologics India has approved a primary equity investment by Tata Capital Growth Fund.
- Post the completion of this transaction, Biocon will hold 95.25 per cent stake in Biocon Biologics, the biotechnology major added. The transaction is subject to standard condition precedents and approvals
About Tata Capital:
- CEO: Rajiv Sabharwal
- Headquarters: Mumbai
About Biocon Limited:
- Headquarters: Bangalore, Karnataka
- Chairperson & MD: Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Odisha CM Launches Online Portal To Issue Fire Safety Certificates
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched the Odisha Agni-Shama Seva online portal for issuance of fire safety certificates to different categories of buildings through online mode.
- As many as eight services would be available to the public through online mode. He asked the Fire Service Department to include all other services by October 2 this year.
- This will enhance efficiency, improve transparency and help provide timely services without actual human interaction.
- Fire service is a priority area of the Government under 5T Initiatives that aim at bringing transformation in governance through parameters of technology, teamwork, transparency and time.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
Madhya Pradesh to begin ‘Ek Mask-Anek Zindagi’ public awareness campaign
- A public awareness campaign called ‘Ek Mask-Anek Zindagi’ means one mask-many lives will be conducted till August 15 in many districts of Madhya Pradesh.
- During this campaign, people will be informed about measures to prevent COVID-19 infection. The Municipal Corporation will also run a public awareness chariot in the city on the same theme.
- Khandwa Municipal Commissioner Himanshu Bhatt stated that masks are the simplest and most effective means to prevent Corona infection.
- The Mask Bank will also be established under the Ek Mask-Anek Zindgi Campaign. In this mask bank, masks will be collected from donors and distributed free of cost to the poor people.
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Governor :Anandiben Patel(Additional Charge)
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Capital: Bhopal
J&K govt orders fast tracking of Environment Clearance Process in minor minerals mining operations
- The Jammu and Kashmir government has ordered the fast tracking of Environment Clearance Process in minor minerals mining operations across the Union Territory.
- The order has been issued by the Industries and Commerce Department. The order stated, in view of the acute and unprecedented shortage of key material for development works and challenging Covid-19 pandemic, the Terms of Reference,ToRs, Public Consultation and Environment Clearance, till whichever stage already obtained, completed in favour of the previous allottees of the minor mineral blocks, shall be deemed to have been transferred in favour of the new allottees of e-auction process.
- The order stated, the new allottees shall complete the remaining elements of the EC/CTO process and shall commence mining operation only after the completion of the due procedure.
- The order stated that it is now provided, for major minerals that, successful bidders of the mining blocks, where mining leases are expiring under the provisions of the Act, and selected through auction as per prescribed procedure shall deem to have acquired all valid rights, approvals, clearances, licenses and the like vested with the previous lessee for a period of two years.
About Jammu And Kashmir:
- Capitals: Jammu (Winter), Srinagar (Summer)
- Lieutenant Governor: G.C. Murmu
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Tech major HP appoints Ketan Patel as Greater India Managing Director
- Tech major HP has appointed Ketan Patel as the managing director of its Greater India operations.
- In this role, he will be responsible for the company’s business in India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
- He replaces Vinay Awasthi who is moving to a new role as head of Print Operations for Supply Chain.
- Patel was previously the head of Personal Systems Category for Greater Asia,where he led the computing business that included hardware, services and solutions across Japan, Australia, New Zealand, South East Asia and Korea.
Great Eastern Shipping appoints Urjit Patel as additional director
- Great Eastern Shipping Company Ltd has appointed former RBI Governor Urjit Patel as an additional and independent director for a term of five years.
- Patel served as the 24th governor of the Reserve Bank of India from September 2016 to December 2018.
- Before serving as the governor of the central bank, Patel was the deputy governor in charge of monetary policy.
- Patel has been appointed Chairman of the Governing Body of the National Institute of Public Finance and Policy. He serves on the Investment Advisory Committee of the Army Group Insurance.
- Recently, He has authored a book titled‘Overdraft: Saving the Indian Saver’.
About Great Eastern Shipping Company Ltd
- Head Quarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman- K. M. Sheth
Ivory Coast defence minister Hamed Bakayoko nominated as new prime minister
- Ivory Coast President Alassane Ouattara has appointed Defence Minister Hamed Bakayoko as prime minister.
- Former Prime Minister Amadou Gon Coulibaly died suddenly this month.
- Bakayoko has a reputation as a populist and a showman who holds rowdy campaign rallies where cash is distributed. Bakayoko will retain his position as defence minister in his new post
About Ivory Coast
- Capital: Yamoussoukro
- Currency: West African CFA franc
Motilal Oswal AMC appoints Navin Agarwal as MD
- Motilal Oswal Asset Management Company has appointed Navin Agarwal as MD and CEO, with the incumbent Aashish Somaiyaa putting in his papers.
- Motilal Oswal, Chairman and Managing Director of Motilal Oswal Financial Services stated Aashish Somaiyaa has decided to move on from Motilal Oswal AMC in pursuit of his personal aspirations to work for a start-up.
- Subsequently, he stated Navin Agarwal has taken over as MD and CEO of Motilal Oswal AMC. Navin has been with the company for 20 years and has been instrumental in developing entire portfolio of businesses, including MOAMC. He had also been overseeing the AMC business for last two years, he stated.
About Motilal Oswal group:
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Motilal Oswal: Chairman and Managing Director
SN Rajeswari appointed chairman of Oriental Insurance
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of SN Rajeswari as Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of Oriental Insurance Company Limited (OICL) on July 30.
- Currently, she is serving as General Manager and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) at the New India Assurance Company Limited (NIACL).
- Rajeswari is a Commerce (B Com) graduate from Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai. She is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). She had joined United India Insurance in 1983 as a direct recruit officer and was subsequently transferred to New India Assurance where she was a chief financial officer.
About Oriental Insurance Company Limited (OICL):
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Wrestler Babita Phogat, kabaddi player Kavita are Haryana sports deputy directors
- Haryana government has decided to appoint Olympian wrestler Babita Phogat and kabaddi player Kumari Kavita Devi as deputy directors (sports) under the outstanding sports persons category.
- Kavita, who hails from Padana village of Jind district, was a part of the Indian women kabaddi team that won gold in the 2014 Asian Games.
- The achievements of Olympian wrestler Babita’s family, based at Balali village of Charkhi Dadri district, had inspired Bollywood film ‘Dangal’.
- According to the July 29 appointment letters principal secretary (sports and youth affairs) has issued to Babita and Kavita, chief secretary had cleared their appointment on July 28.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONORS
Grievance System At West Bengal CMO Gets Award
- The public grievance system at the West Bengal Chief Minister’s Office (CMO) has been conferred with the Digital India Platinum Award by Skoch Foundation.
- There were 4,800 nominations in the category and out of that, the state won the award.
- The award was a recognition to the West Bengal government’s unique initiative of the public grievances management model – a comprehensive system for effective management, monitoring and redressal of all grievances addressed to Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
- The state was conferred with the award at the 66th Skoch Summit held in New Delhi.
- Skoch Foundation confers ten silver, three gold and one platinum award every year to outstanding projects or schemes selected from across the country through a competitive process.
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) has received SKOCH Gold Award for its “Empowerment of Tribals through IT enabled Scholarship Schemes” project of Scholarship Division of the Ministry.
- MoTA has integrated all 5 Scholarship Schemes with DBT Portal under the guidance of DBT Mission.
- Telangana State won a gold and a silver in Governance Category and another gold for a blockchain-based property registration project.
- T-Chits, a blockchain-based system to govern chit fund operations across the State, was awarded the silver award.
- Telangana won the gold medal in Emerging Technologies category for T-Chits at the 23rd National Awards for e-Governance in 2020, organised by DARP and MeitY.
- Telangana State Mineral Development Corporation Ltd received national level ‘Gold Skoch award’ under Digital India Category from the Skoch Group recognising the robust and transparent ICT solution — Sand Sale Management & Monitoring System.
- IT Minister KT Rama Rao launched two AI-based projects during the declaration of 2020 as Telangana’s Year of AI. Both the projects have now received “Order of Merit” at the 66th SKOCH Summit.
Apple tops Saudi Aramco as most valuable publicly listed co
- Saudi Aramco had a market capitalisation of $1.760 trillion as of its last close
- Apple Inc’s surged over 10 per cent to a record high after reporting blockbuster quarterly results, helping the iPhone maker eclipse Saudi Aramco to become the world’s most valuable publicly listed company.
- It was Apple’s largest one-day percentage gain since March 13, and it added $172 billion in market capitalisation during the session, greater than the entire stock market value of Oracle Corp.
- Saudi Aramco, which had been the most valuable publicly listed company since going public last year, had a market capitalisation of $1.760 trillion as of its last close, according to Refinitiv data.
- Apple’s has surged about 45 per cent year to date, with investors betting that it and other major United States (US) technology companies will emerge from the coronavirus pandemic stronger than smaller rivals.
- In its quarterly report, Apple announced a four-for-one stock split, with trading on a split-adjusted basis starting on Aug. 31. It will be Apple’s first share split since 2014.
About Apple Inc:
- CEO: Tim Cook
- Headquarters: Cupertino, California, United States
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Central Railway designs robot ‘Rakshak’ for health assistant
- The Mumbai Division of Central Railway (CR) has designed a health assistant robot ‘Rakshak’ who can remotely communicate between doctor and patient.
- This medical aid robot was developed in-house at EMU car shed, Kurla in the Mumbai section of the Central Railway and handed over to Bharat Ratna Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Memorial Hospital, Byculla, Mumbai.
- This medical aid robot is able to measure health parameters such as temperature, pulse, oxygen percentage and dispenser sanitizer automatic, infrared sensors. It can also provide medicines, food to the patients and make a two-way video communication between the doctor and the patient.
- It can move in all directions at all levels with a range of remote operations up to 150 meters.
- With a full charge battery, the Rakshak robot can work continuously for 6 hours and can carry up to 10 kg of weight in its tray. It is based on Wi-Fi and therefore does not require any mobile data. It also operates with Android mobile application. Videos and snapshots of patients can also be downloaded through the robot
Scientists discover active volcanoes on Venus
- A recent study has identified 37 recently active volcanic structures on Venus, the second planet from the Sun. The study provides some of the best evidence yet that Venus is still a geologically active planet.
- The study was conducted by researchers at the University of Maryland and the Institute of Geophysics at ETH Zurich, Switzerland.
- Scientists have known for some time that Venus has a younger surface than planets like Mars and Mercury, which have cold interiors. Evidence of a warm interior and geologic activity dots the surface of the planet in the form of ring-like structures known as coronae, which form when plumes of hot material deep inside the planet rise through the mantle layer and crust. This is similar to the way mantle plumes formed the volcanic Hawaiian Islands.
- But it was thought that the coronae on Venus were probably signs of ancient activity, and that Venus had cooled enough to slow geological activity in the planet’s interior and harden the crust so much that any warm material from deep inside would not be able to puncture through.
- The active coronae on Venus are clustered in a handful of locations, which suggests areas where the planet is most active, providing clues to the workings of the planet’s interior. These results may help identify target areas where geologic instruments should be placed on future orbiter missions to Venus, such as Europe’s EnVision that is scheduled to launch in 2032, reaching Venus after a five month cruise.
- EnVision aims at determining the level and nature of the geological activity and the sequence of events that generated the surface features of Venus.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Real Madrid and Barcelona Named World Most Valuable Brands in Football
- According to the 2020 Brand Finance Football report, the two most valuable clubs in the world football play are the top two heavyweights of La Liga.
- For the second year in a row, Real Madrid lead the way as the most valuable football club brand in the world, closely followed by Barcelona, who have overtaken Manchester United to move from third in the 2019 edition to second in this year’s rankings.
- Real Madrid’s brand is valued at €1.419 billion, with FC Barcelona’s just €6 million behind on €1.413 billion. There’s then a sizeable drop-off to the rest of the top five, with third-placed Manchester United on €1.315 billion, fourth-placed Liverpool on €1.262 billion and fifth-placed Manchester City on €1.124 billion.
- In addition to calculating brand value, Brand Finance’s report also assesses brand strength by attributing each football club a ‘Brand Strength Index’ score out of 100 based on metrics such as marketing investment, stakeholder equity and business performance. Real Madrid also lead this ranking with a score of 9, while FC Barcelona again come in a close second with a score of 93.6.
Germany’s World Cup winner Benedikt Howedes announces retirement
- Benedikt Höwedes, a defender who helped Germany win the World Cup title in 2014, retired from football.
- Höwedes played 44 times for the German national team from 2011-17 and played every minute for his team at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
- Recently, 2014 World Cup-winning squad, Andre Schürrle, also announced retirement
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Former Saurashtra coach Hasmukhbhai Joshi passes away
- Former Saurashtra coach and manager Hasmukhbhai Joshi, popularly known as ‘Bababhai’ in cricketing circles, passed away.
- Bababhai Joshi served cricket of Saurashtra in many capacities; as a player, selector of Under 16, Under 19, Under 22, umpire, coach and as a manager.
- He also published a book, ‘Old Ranji Trophy Players of the Period 1963 to 1969 — my teammates and intimates.’
Former Taiwan president dubbed ‘Mr Democracy’ Lee Teng-hui passes away at 97
- Taiwan’s former president Lee Teng-hui, who defied China and earned the nickname “Mr Democracy” for the part he played in the island’s transition away from authoritarian rule, has passed away.
- Lee became Taiwan’s first democratically elected president in 1996.
- Lee received a prize in memory of Japanese colonial administrator Shinpei Goto by the Shinpei Goto Society.
Former Arunachal Pradesh Governor RD Pradhan passes away
- The veteran bureaucrat and former Arunachal Pradesh Governor RD Pradhan passed away. He was 92.
- Late RD Pradhan was an IAS officer of the Maharashtra cadre and served in Gujarat, Maharashtra, at the Centre and global positions.
- He was a close confidante of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.He had also served as Union Home Secretary during Gandhi’s tenure as the Prime Minister. RD Pradhan also later became the Chief Secretary of Maharashtra.
- He also served as India’s Resident Representative to UNCTAD and GATT and other international assignments for over a decade.
- Post-retirement, RD Pradhan was appointed the Governor of Arunachal Pradesh
DAILY CA 31st JUL
- World day against trafficking in persons- jul 30th
- International Day of Friendship- jul 30th
- HRD Ministry renamed as Ministry of Education
- Ayush Minister launches dedicated Web-Portal for National AYUSH Mission
- MoD with MyGov conducts quiz competition on ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat – Swatantra Bharat’
- Piyush Goyal inaugurates CII National Digital conference on Ease of Doing Business for Atmanirbhar Bharat
- ITBP to get Khadi commission products
- New Supreme Court building in Mauritius ‘ landmark project’ completed under India’s development partnership: MEA
- Australia to make Google and Facebook pay for news content
- AIIB plans to approve loans worth $3 billion over next 12 months for infra projects
- MobiKwik launches personal UPI payment link mpay.me
- Craft Silicon, PayU announce strategic tie-up to advance digital loan repayment
- Sembcorp completes 800MW of SECI wind power projects
- Indian Railways installs automatic lighting systems at three railways stations in Madhya Pradesh
- IT industry, Cyberabad cops to launch Sanghamitras
- Pawan Hans Launches First UDAN-RCS Service In Uttarakhand
- Kerala plans to provide tap connections to all rural households by 2023
- CSIR, UBA-IIT Delhi & Vijnana Bharati signs tripartite MoU
- 6th BRICS Environment Ministers Meeting
- Harsh Vardhan releases book on Standard Treatment Guidelines for of Substance Use Disorders (SUD) and Behavioral Addictions
- Matthew McConaughey writing ‘Greenlights,’ a book based on his life-changing adventures
- Iran Launches Underground Ballistic Missiles During Exercise
- 5 Rafale jets land at IAF Ambala air base
- Chhattisgarh’s Bijapur tops Niti’s aspirational districts ranking for Feb-June 2020
- Harikrishna finishes 2nd at Biel Chess Festival
- England wins Wisden Trophy
- West Bengal Congress president SomendranathMitra passes away
- Maidan coach Ashok Mustafi passes away
- Malayalam actor Anil Muralipasses away
- Padma Shri awardee Sonam Tshering Lepcha dies at 92
DAILY CA 1st AUG
- Muslim Women Rights Day-31st jul
- World Ranger Day- 31st jul
- National Mountain Climbing Day-1st aug
- World Breastfeeding Week-1-7th aug
- Atal Innovation Mission launches ‘AIM-iCREST’, in partnership with Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Wadhwani Foundation
- ADB signs Dollar 200 million financing deal with Reliance for power plant in Bangladesh
- SIDBI, TransUnion CIBIL launch financial knowledge platform for MSMEs
- Canara Bank ties up with three insurers to provide Corona Kavach policies
- Kotak Mahindra Bank launches two-month campaign with offers, discounts
- ICICI Pru MF launches ETF on Nifty Alpha Low Volatility index
- Tata Capital Growth Fund to invest USD 30 mn in Biocon Biologics
- Odisha CM Launches Online Portal To Issue Fire Safety Certificates
- Madhya Pradesh to begin ‘Ek Mask-Anek Zindagi’ public awareness campaign
- J&K govt orders fast tracking of Environment Clearance Process in minor minerals mining operations
- Tech major HP appoints Ketan Patel as Greater India Managing Director
- Great Eastern Shipping appoints Urjit Patel as additional director
- Ivory Coast defence minister Hamed Bakayoko nominated as new prime minister
- Motilal Oswal AMC appoints Navin Agarwal as MD
- SN Rajeswari appointed chairman of Oriental Insurance
- Wrestler Babita Phogat, kabaddi player Kavita are Haryana sports deputy directors
- Grievance System At West Bengal CMO Gets Award
- Apple tops Saudi Aramco as most valuable publicly listed co
- Central Railway designs robot ‘Rakshak’ for health assistant
- Scientists discover active volcanoes on Venus
- Real Madrid and Barcelona Named World Most Valuable Brands in Football
- Germany’s World Cup winner Benedikt Howedes announces retirement
- Former Saurashtra coach Hasmukhbhai Joshi passes away
- Former Taiwan president dubbed ‘Mr Democracy’ Lee Teng-hui passes away at 97
- Former Arunachal Pradesh Governor RD Pradhan passes away