Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
National Broadcasting Day
- National Broadcasting Day is observed every year on July 23.
- On this day in 1927, the first ever radio broadcast in the country went on air from the Bombay Station under a private company, the Indian Broadcasting Company.
National Thermal Engineer Day
- National Thermal Engineer Dayis celebrated on July 24 to appreciate the contribution of thermal engineers in everyday life. Electronics thermal management is key for its longevity and reliable operations.
- National Thermal Engineer Day was founded by Advanced Thermal Solutions, Inc(ATS) in July 2014 to acknowledge the innovation and dedication of thermal engineers.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Prime Minister lays foundation stone for Rs.3,054-crore Manipur water supply project
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for the 3,054-crore “Manipur Water Supply Project” in Imphal.
- There will be no shortage of potable water once this project is commissioned.
- The project is an important component of the efforts of the state government to achieve the goal of ‘Har Ghar Jal’ by 2024. The project outlay is about Rs 3054.58 crore with a loan component funded by the New Development Bank.
- The programme also implements source sustainability measures as mandatory elements, such as recharge and reuse through greywater management, water conservation, rainwater harvesting.
- Capital: Imphal
- Chief minister: N. Biren Singh
- Governor: Najma Heptulla
Prakash Javadekar virtually launches piloting of National Transit Pass System
- Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar virtually launched piloting of the National Transit Pass System at Indira Paryavaran Bhawan in Delhi.
- Mr Javadekar stated the National Pass System enhances seamless movement of forest produce. The Minister stated Prime Minister Narendra Modi has laid a lot of stress on the Ease of Movement.
- He stated now, people can apply for Passes from their mobile phones as well as receive e passes in their mobile phones. He stated it is another step which furthers the Digital India Movement.
About Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change:
- Prakash Javadekar, Cabinet Minister
- Constituency: Maharashtra
- Babul Supriyo, Minister of State
First ever container cargo from Kolkata via Chittagong port reaches Agartala
- The first ever container cargo from Kolkata via Chittagong port has reached Agartala.
- External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Anurag Srivastava stated that this is another historic milestone in India-Bangladesh connectivity and economic partnership. He stated this will help in further development of the north eastern region.
- Under the Protocol on Inland Water Transit and Trade, in addition to the six existing Ports of Call, five more in each country have been added recently, the Ministry of Shipping stated in a statement.
- A Port of Call is a place where a ship stops during a voyage to enable the loading and unloading of cargo.
- Dredging of inland waterway routes is ongoing under a pact signed by the two countries on development of fairway in selected stretches of Bangladesh waterways, with the Government of India bearing 80 per cent of the project expenditure and the balance being borne by the neighbouring country, it stated.
- Cruise services have also commenced between the two countries, promoting tourism and people-to-people contacts, it stated.
Government sanctions Rs.8,700 cr to help complete construction of 60,000 houses
- The Finance Ministry announced that over 8,700 crore has been approved under a special scheme, ‘SWAMIH’, to ensure completion of about 60,000 houses.
- ‘SWAMIH’ (Special Window for Affordable and Mid Income Housing) scheme aims to complete construction of stalled, brownfield, RERA-registered residential developments that are in the affordable housing/mid-income category. Conditions here are that the projects should be networth positive and requires last mile funding to complete construction. There is a fund to assist this scheme which started with target corpus of 12,500 crore with a green shoe option of Rs.12,500 crore.
- Finance Minister Niramla Sitharaman reviewed the performance of this scheme with government officials and senior management team of the State Bank of India, SBI Capital Markets Limited and SBICAPS Ventures Limited (SVL). The fund has so far approved 81 projects with an investment of Rs.8,767 crore.
- These projects are spread across a mix of markets including large cities such as National Capital Region, Mumbai Metropolitan Region, Bengaluru, Chennai, Pune and also tier II locations including Karnal, Panipat, Lucknow, Surat, Dehradun, Kota, Nagpur, Jaipur, Nashik, Vizag, Chandigarh etc. Amongst these projects, investments in 18 projects have been given the final clearance and disbursement is at various stages across 7 residential projects.
- The recent initiative by the fund to reduce the cost of capital to 12 per cent has resulted in an increase in the number of projects that meet the funding criteria laid out under the Special Window. While acknowledging the steps taken by the Special Window to expedite participation from existing lenders, Sitharaman suggested that both private and public sector banks, NBFCs and HFCs should see the Special Window as a stakeholder and increase support to early completion of stressed projects.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Nicaragua latest country to sign International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement
- Nicaragua has become the latest country to join the International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement, an initiative led by India to promote sustainable energy.
- Nicaragua’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations Jaime Hermida Castillo signed the agreement at the Permanent Mission of India to the United Nations. The Central American country is the 87th country to sign the agreement.
- The International Solar Alliance was jointly launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and former French President Francois Hollande at the UN Climate Change Conference in Paris in November 2015.
- Capital: Managua
- Currency: Nicaraguan córdoba
About International Solar Alliance (ISA):
- Director General: Upendra Tripathy
- Headquarters: Gurugram, Haryana
High Commissioner Riva Ganguly Das inaugurates school building in Bangladesh
- High Commissioner of India to Bangladesh Riva Ganguly Das and Information Minister of Bangladesh Dr. Hasan Mahmud jointly inaugurated the Science block building of Alipur Rahmania School and College, Chattogram.
- High Commissioner Riva Ganguly Das stated that India-Bangladesh relations have reached new heights. She stated that besides interaction at the government level, India is also undertaking various capacity building projects covering social and human development aspects which are of direct benefit to local communities in Bangladesh.
- The MoU for the construction of the ground floor of the 5-storied Science Block Building of Rahmania School and College, Hathazri, Chittagong was signed in 2017. The Taka 52 lakh project is funded by the Government of India under the High Impact Community Development Project (HICDP) Scheme.
- In the past, Government of India has also supported several projects including the renovation and upgradation of Theatre Institute Chittagong (TIC) Auditorium; installation of deep tube wells in Banskhali Upazila; construction of an Academic Building at Farakkabad Degree College Chandpur and Singhara Ram Kanai High School, Anowara,in the Chittagong region.
- Prime Minister: Sheikh Hasina
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
India, Israel jointly develop ultra rapid testing kit for COVID-19; results within 30 sec
- India and Israel have jointly developed an ultra rapid testing kit for COVID-19.
- The testing kit which has proven it’s efficacy in lab results will now be subjected to broader trials.
- Principal Scientific Adviser to Government of India, Professor K VijayRaghavan informed that Indian DRDO scientists along with Defence Research Wing of Israel have been conjointly working on the COVID testing kit.
- He stated, the kit has been developed by integration of many novel technologies which includes artificial intelligence based online voice test, breathalyser test, isothermal testing and testing using polyamino acids.
- India and Israel are also the members of the world consortium of scientists working on COVID Vaccine.
- Prime minister: Benjamin Netanyahu
- Capital: Jerusalem
- Currency: Israeli Shekel
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Bharti AXA General Insurance receives Rs.800 crore worth crop insurance mandate from Maharashtra, Karnataka under PMFBY
- Bharti AXA General Insurance, had received 800 crore worth crop insurance mandate from the governments of Maharashtra and Karnataka to insure their farmers under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY).
- The company has secured authorisation for a period of three years from both the state governments to implement the PMFBY in six districts of Maharashtra and three districts of Karnataka.
- Farmers in the districts of Ahmednagar, Nashik, Chandrapur, Solapur, Jalgaon and Satara in Maharashtra and Dharwad, Mysuru and Kodagu in Karnataka can insure their Kharif crops till July 31 through their respective banks or authorized representatives of the company.
- The PMFBY offers insurance cover to farmers against losses of crops during the entire cycle from preparation of sowing to harvesting and post-harvest, due to poor yield.
- It offers insurance cover for all stages of the crop cycle including pre-sowing to harvesting and post-harvest risks.
About Bharti AXA General Insurance
- CEO: Sanjeev Srinivasan
- Headquarters location: Mumbai
SBM Bank collaborates with EnKash and Yap to launch co-branded Business Credit Card on RuPay network for MSMEs and start-ups
- SBM Bank India, EnKash, YAP and RuPay joined hands to launch India’s most comprehensive business credit card, the SBM EnKash RuPay Business Card.
- This corporate credit card would utilise the RuPay network and will be available upon immediate issuance through digital and paperless on-boarding for SMEs, MSMEs and Start-ups at any SBM Bank touch point.
- The SBM EnKash RuPay Business Card is designed to streamline business expenditure and finances, through a blend of expense tracking and a 30-day credit period on business purchases, bill payments, travel expenses, automated GST, rental payments, payments to suppliers, online purchase of software, cloud bills payments, utility bills payments, online purchase of inventories among others.
- SBM EnKash RuPay Business Card, with the launch of the RuPay Commercial card portfolio. Apart from providing the ultimate shopping experience to retail customers with RuPay Debit, Credit and Prepaid versions, RuPay is in the journey of providing a seamless corporate payments experience to businesses.
About SBM bank
- CEO: Parvataneni Venkateswara Rao
- Headquarters: Port Louis, Mauritius
Muthoot Fincorp launches mentoring portal for MSMEs
- Muthoot Fincorp, has launched a portal Restartindia, a free mentoring platform to help the Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector to restart businesses across the country.
- The portal is designed to address the needs of the MSME sector, particularly nano and micro enterprises, and offer solutions for problems faced by a large number of women entrepreneurs.
- The website, accessible atrestartindia.in, also provides details of MSME-focused governmental, institutional support and resources on how to run or set up a sustainable business venture.
- The portal was inaugurated by Nitin Gadkari, Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Minister of Shipping and Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
- Restartindia was conceptualised jointly by Muthoot Fincorp and INKtalks, a free and open platform for advisory support.
About Muthoot Fincorp
- Headquarters: Kochi
- Founded: 1887
- Chairperson: M G George Muthoot
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
India’s GDP to contract 6% in FY21, says DBS
- Singaporean brokerage DBS forecast deeper distress for the country which will lead to a 6% growth contraction in FY21.
- In its earlier forecast, the brokerage had penciled in a minus 4.8% growth for the current fiscal.
- According to the report, just 7% of the districts in economically key states of Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Gujarat, accounting for 30.5% of the national economic output, and in Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh account for as much as 70% of the caseload.
- This will prolong the recovery and the pandemic is set to take a deeper economic bite, it stated.
- The yet to be stabilised infection curve reflects a deeper double-digit contraction in Q1 of FY21 and a shallower pickup in Q2 and a return to growth in Q3.
- Our granular analysis shows that about 7% of the districts account for 70% of the total infection tally in economically key states like Maharashtra (14% of national GDP), Tamil Nadu (8.5%), Gujarat (8%), and Karnataka and Andhra contributing significantly to the national economic output, stated.
About DBS bank:
- CEO: Piyush Gupta
- Headquarters: Singapore
NTPC floats tender to acquire 1 GW solar projects
- State-run power giant NTPC has floated a tender to acquire 1 GW operational solar projects, which entails an investment of around 5,000 crore.
- NTPC has invited bids from the promoters or lenders, authorised financial intermediaries of power generation companies, independent power producers or developers for offering operational solar-based assets located in India.
- The document stated that in line with its long-term corporate plan, NTPC is taking various steps to make its energy portfolio greener by adding significant capacities of renewable energy (RE) sources. By 2032, the company plans to have a minimum of 32 GW capacity through RE sources constituting nearly 25 per cent of its overall power generation capacity.
- The RE portfolio of NTPC has ongoing capacity addition projects with around 2,298 MW projects under construction.
- The company is also contemplating to increase its renewable generation capacity through acquisition of operation solar-based power assets located in India for a minimum capacity of 1 GW, it stated in the RFP. The company can increase its power generation capacity instantly by going for inorganic growth or acquiring existing operational projects.
- Setting up a solar project takes up to two years as per industry standards. The company has a capital expenditure plan of Rs.21,000 crore for the current fiscal year, and most of it would be spent on adding new power generation capacities, it stated.
- For acquiring about 1 GW of operational solar power capacity, the company would have to shell out around Rs.5,000 crore as per back-of-the-envelope calculations.
- NTPC, formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation, plans to be a 130 GW-company by 2032 with diversified fuel mix.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Gurdeep Singh: (Chairman & MD)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
One-stop’ scheme to fast-track investments
- A “one-stop shop” scheme approved in Rajasthan is set to fast-track investments and help revive industries in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic by giving as many as 98 types of clearances under one roof to the potential investors through the Bureau of Investment Promotion (BIP).
- The new scheme will expedite all the processes for investment proposals above 10 crore.
- The Cabinet approved amendments to the Rajasthan Enterprises Single Window Enabling and Clearance Act, 2011, and gave a go-ahead to the constitution of a Board of Investment. All industries, including the micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME), will receive due facilitation.
- While the MSME (Facilitation of Establishment and Operation) Act, 2019, exempted small industries from the necessity of securing the State government’s clearances for initial three years, the one-stop shop scheme will make the process easier for all investment proposals above Rs.10 crore.
- The Board of Investment will be headed by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot.
- Confederation of Indian Industry-Rajasthan chairman Vishal Baid stated the decision would motivate investors to come to the State. He stated the CII had earlier requested the State government to make the BIP a single window and post the nodal officers there to give all approvals at one place.
- Governor: Kalraj Mishra
- Capital: Jaipur
- Chief minister: Ashok Gehlot
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
Amazon Pay ties up with Acko to offer vehicle insurance
- Digital payments major Amazon Pay has launched vehicle insurance in partnership with Bengaluru-based startup Acko General Insurance. The product will now be available on the Amazon Pay home page.
- Amazon Pay, which is the payments unit of Amazon India, will help customers purchase insurance effortlessly, and Amazon Prime members will get extra benefits including additional discounts.
- Amazon has been selling third-party insurance products but this partnership will enable an easy-to-use integrated buying experience for its customers.
- The e-commerce player promises zero paperwork coupled with features like one-hour pick-up and three-day claim servicing along with one-year repair warranty in few cities.
- Policyholders will also have an option for instant cash settlements for low value claims, making it beneficial for customers.
- Additionally, customers can select from a list of add-ons like zero-depreciation and engine protection and they will be able to pay for the insurance using Amazon Pay balance, UPI, or cards.
About Amazon Pay
- Headquarters: Seattle, Washington United States
- CEO & MD for Amazon Pay India: Mahendra Nerurkar
About Acko General Insurance Ltd
- Founder: Varun Dua
- Headquarters: Mumbai
NHPC, GEDCOL ink pact to develop floating solar power projects in Odisha
- State-run hydro giant NHPC stated it has inked a MoU with Green Energy Development Corporation of Odisha Limited (GEDCOL) to form a joint venture for developing floating solar energy projects in the state with initial capacity of 500 MW.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed between NHPC Ltd and Green Energy Development Corporation of Odisha Ltd (GEDCOL) on July 20, 2020 through video conferencing, a regulatory filing stated.
- The two entities may collaborate and cooperate to form a joint venture company (JVC) to plan and develop techno-commercially feasible floating solar power projects of 500 MW in Odisha under UMREPPs (Ultra Mega Renewable Energy Power Parks) scheme of Ministry of New and Renewable Energy), in a phased manner, preferably in packages of 50 MW each, it stated.
- The parties also agree to explore further potential of installing floating solar projects after joint identification in subsequent periods in Odisha, it added.
- Headquarters: Faridabad, Haryana
- Abhay Kumar Singh: Chairman & MD
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Amudha appointed Joint Secretary in PMO
- Amudha, a 1994 batch IAS officer of Tamil Nadu cadre, has been brought to the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) as Joint Secretary in a reshuffle involving 16 officials of elite services from different categories.
- She has been brought from the Lal Bahadur Shashtri National Academy of Administration, where she is serving as a professor.
- Varsha Joshi, serving in the Delhi Government, has been brought in the Central administration as Joint Secretary in the Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying while her batchmate Keshav Chandra has been made the Director, Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO), in the Ministry of Corporate Affairs. Both are 1995 batch IAS officials belong to the AGMUT cadre.
- Another officer belonging to the same batch and cadre, Sajjan Yadav, has been shifted from the Department of Women and Child to the Department of Expenditure in the Ministry of Finance as Joint Secretary.
- Another IAS officer of 1999 batch belonging to the AGMUT cadre, Sudhir Kumar, has been made Additional Secretary in the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC).
- A 1996 batch IAS of Uttar Pradesh cadre, Nitishwar Kumar, has been shifted from the Ministry of Water Resources to the National Council for Teachers’ Education (NCTE) as member-secretary.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Mukesh Ambani now world’s 5th RICHEST
- Billionaire Mukesh Ambani is now the world’s fifth-richest man. The Real-Time Billionaires List by Forbes Magazine shows Ambani, the chairman of oil-to-conglomerate Reliance Industries, at the fifth position, just below Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg.
- Ambani’s wealth is pegged at $75 billion, meaning Rs 5.61 lakh crore. Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos is at the top with a net worth of $185.8 billion.
- In the last few months, Reliance sold nearly 33 percent stake in Jio platforms to investors including tech giants Facebook, Google, Qualcomm Ventures, etc.
|RANK||THE RICHEST||NET WORTH|
|1||JEFF BEZOS, AMAZON||$184.2 B|
|2||BILL GATES, MICROSOFT||$113.5 B|
|3||BERNARD ARNAULT AND FAMILY, LVMH||$112.8 B|
|4||MARK ZUCKERBERG, FACEBOOK||$88.3 B|
|5||MUKESH AMBANI, RELIANCE||$75.1 B|
Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance breaks into top 50 most valued firms globally, ranks 48
- Billionaire Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Industries Ltd has broken into the top 50 most valued companies globally after it became the first company with market capitalisation of over Rs 13 lakh crore.
- The oil-to-telecom conglomerate is ranked 48th in market cap globally, according to stock market data.
- Globally, Saudi Aramco is the company with the highest market cap of USD 1.7 trillion, followed by Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, and Alphabet.
- Reliance closed at Rs 2,060.65 on the BSE, up 2.82 per cent over the previous day’s close. This gave the firm a m-cap of over Rs 13 lakh crore.
- Together with the firm’s partly-paid shares that were issued in the recent rights issue and are traded separately, the company had a combined m-cap of Rs 13.5 lakh crore or over USD 181 billion.
- No Indian company has ever crossed an m-cap of Rs 13 lakh crore.
- This is higher than Chevron’s about USD 170 billion m-cap as well as likes of Oracle, Unilever, Bank of China, BHP Group, Royal Dutch Shell and SoftBank Group.
- Reliance is the 10th highest m-cap company in Asia. China’s Alibaba Group is ranked 7th globally.
- The only other Indian company in the top 100 firms is Tata Consultancy Services. As per its closing price of Rs 2,170.75 on the BSE, TCS has an m-cap of Rs 8.14 lakh crore or about USD 109 billion.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
The Pandemic Century by Mark Honigsbaum
- “The Pandemic Century”, the book by British medical historian Mark Honigsbaum combines science history, medical sociology and front-line reportage to tell the history of global contagion dating from the Spanish Flu (1918) to the present day coronavirus pandemic.
- Other outbreaks that the book covers include the 1924 outbreak of pneumonic plague in Los Angeles, the 1930 ”parrot fever” pandemic and the more recent SARS, Ebola, and Zika epidemics.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
China launches ambitious Tianwen-1 Mars rover mission
- China’s first fully homegrown Mars mission Tianwen-1 mission launched atop a Long March 5 rocket from Hainan Island’s Wenchang Satellite Launch Center.
- Tianwen-1 consists of an orbiter and a lander/rover duo, a combination of craft that had never before launched together toward the Red Planet. The ambition of Tianwen-1 is especially striking given that it’s China’s first stab at a full-on Mars mission.
- The nation did launch a Red Planet orbiter called Yinghuo-1 in November 2011, but the spacecraft flew piggyback with Russia’s Phobos-Grunt mission. And that launch failed, leaving the probes trapped in Earth orbit.
- President– Xi Jinping
- Capital– Beijing
- Currency– Renminbi
- The United Arab Emirates successfully launched its Mars-bound Hope Probe, marking the the Arab world’s first interplanetary mission — and the first of three international missions to the Red Planet.
IIM Bangalore’s NSRCEL launches Women Startup Programme
- NSRCEL, the startup and innovation hub at the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, has opened up applications to the third cohort of the Women Startup Program.
- The Women Startup Program aims to support ambitious and innovative women entrepreneurs by enabling them to transform their idea into a business venture and enhancing their entrepreneurial and managerial skills.
- The programme focuses on the Centre’s vision for a ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ and ‘Vocal for Local’.
- Early-stage ideas startups (not more than 12 months’ old) will be shortlisted for the first phase of the program. The program commences with a five-week training through Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) to be offered on the Swayam platform.
- The second and third phases of the program will have the selected entrepreneurs undergo a two-month virtual launchpad program followed by a six-month incubation program designed by NSRCEL and its partner institutes. They will then present their product/prototype and pitch to a screening committee.
AIIMS Nagpur develops smart band to monitor COVID-19 patients
- The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Nagpur, has developed a smart wrist band.
- The device, designed and developed with the help of teams at IIT Jodhpur and IIIT Nagpur, works without a smartphone and helps ensure effective monitoring and tracking of confirmed and suspected COVID-19 patients.
- The device works without a smartphone and uses more reliable geofencing technology to detect when a person wearing the device breaches the quarantine zone.
- As soon as it detects the breach, concerned authorities are given a real-time warning alert to check on the individual’s movement and take necessary action.
- With real-time vital monitoring, the band can alert the wearer as soon as something goes off the charts.
- Notably, all the data collected through the device is securely stored on cloud, with limited access to select healthcare workers and officials.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Annie Ross, jazz singer turned actor, passes away at 89
- Annie Ross, a popular jazz singer in the 1950s before crossing over into a successful film career, has passed away. She was 89.
- She had battled emphysema and heart disease.
- In 2014, Ross released the album “To Lady With Love,” a tribute to Billie Holiday
DAILY CA 23rd JUL
- National Refreshment Day- 23rd jul
- Home Minister Amit Shah to launch Vriksharopan Abhiyan in New Delhi
- 22 million children in South Asia missed out on early education due to Covid-19, says UNICEF
- Turkmenistan gets observer status in World Trade Organization
- India revives initiative with South African Customs Union for the Preferential Trade Agreement
- NPCI launches UPI Autopay
- PhonePe, ICICI Lombard team up to offer Hospital Cash cover
- RBI committee recommends multiple interoperable QR codes
- FamPay launches India’s First Numberless Card
- GoAir launches GoMore scheme to book adjacent seat for social distancing
- India’s GDP to contract 6.1% in FY21: Nomura
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal approves ‘Mukhya Mantri Ghar Ghar Ration Yojana’; doorstep delivery of ration
- Haryana launches e-Sachivalaya portal for online appointments
- Punjab govt signs MoU with IIT Ropar for skill development
- Centre to release over 300 crore rupees as first installment under Flood Management Programme to Assam
- CCI approves Krishnapatnam port acquisition by Adani Ports, SEZL
- Alankit Ltd partners with UTI for PAN Card Services
- Airtel Payments Bank partners NSDC to train rural youth for financial services jobs
- Actor Sonu Sood launches Pravasi Rojgar app to help migrants find job opportunities
- MFIN names Dr Alok Mishra as new CEO & Director
- SBI General Insurance appoints Prakash Chandra Kandpal as MD & CEO
- International Union of Railways nominate DG of RPF, Arun Kumar as its security platform’s Vice-Chairman
- Airtel appoints Ganesh Lakshminarayanan as CEO, Enterprise Business
- Environmental activist Greta Thunberg wins first Gulbenkian Prize for Humanity
- UST Global wins ISG digital recognition for second year
- India ranks among 10 worst countries for working people: ITUC
- First indigenous nuclear reactor attains criticality at Kakrapar
- Russia successfully holds flight test of 3D-printed aircraft engine
- Dhruvastra: DRDO test fires ‘made in India’ anti-tank guided Nag missile
- WADA Extends Suspension of India’s Dope Testing Laboratory by 6 Months
- Anti-apartheid struggle stalwart Andrew Mlangeni passes away
DAILY CA 24th JUL
- National Broadcasting Day- 23rd jul
- National Thermal Engineer Day- 24th jul
- Prime Minister lays foundation stone for Rs.3,054-crore Manipur water supply project
- Prakash Javadekar virtually launches piloting of National Transit Pass System
- First ever container cargo from Kolkata via Chittagong port reaches Agartala
- NTPC floats tender to acquire 1 GW solar projects
- Government sanctions 8,700 cr to help complete construction of 60,000 houses
- Nicaragua latest country to sign International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement
- High Commissioner Riva Ganguly Das inaugurates school building in Bangladesh
- India, Israel jointly develop ultra rapid testing kit for COVID-19; results within 30 sec
- Bharti AXA General Insurance receives Rs.800 crore worth crop insurance mandate from Maharashtra, Karnataka under PMFBY
- SBM Bank collaborates with EnKash and Yap to launch co-branded Business Credit Card on RuPay network for MSMEs and start-ups
- Muthoot Fincorp launches mentoring portal for MSMEs
- India’s GDP to contract 6% in FY21, says DBS
- One-stop’ scheme to fast-track investments
- Amazon Pay ties up with Acko to offer vehicle insurance
- NHPC, GEDCOL ink pact to develop floating solar power projects in Odisha
- Amudha appointed Joint Secretary in PMO
- The Pandemic Century by Mark Honigsbaum
- China launches ambitious Tianwen-1 Mars rover mission
- IIM Bangalore’s NSRCEL launches Women Startup Programme
- AIIMS Nagpur develops smart band to monitor COVID-19 patients
- Mukesh Ambani now world’s 5th RICHEST
- Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance breaks into top 50 most valued firms globally, ranks 48
- Annie Ross, jazz singer turned actor, passes away at 89