This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
World Maritime Day
- Every year on September 24, World Maritime Day is observed to understand the importance of the marine environment, the impact of industries on the oceans and marine life and the well-being of seafarers who spend months away from home.
- The theme for this year is“sustainable shipping for a sustainable planet” – in line with the Sustainable Development Goals or SDGs of the United Nations.
World Pharmacist Day
- World Pharmacist Day is celebrated on 25 September every year to promote awareness about the importance and role of a pharmacist. On this day, the main aim is to showcase pharmacists and their positive effects on health.
- The theme of World Pharmacist Day 2020 is “Transforming global health”.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
PM Narendra Modi launches ‘Fit India’ protocols on first anniversary of ‘Fit India Movement’
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on (September 24, 2020) interacted with fitness experts and influencers from across the country to mark the one-year anniversary of the ‘Fit India Movement.’
- The PM also launched the ‘Fit India Age Appropriate Fitness Protocols’ during the online Fit India Dialogue 2020.
- Cricketer Virat Kohli, model-actor and runner Milind Soman and nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar were among the fitness influencers who participated in the event.
- Paralympic javelin gold medallist Devendra Jhajharia and footballer from Jammu and Kashmir Afshan Ashiq were the first ones to speak at the event.
- Since its launch last year, various events had been organised under the aegis of the Fit India Movement like the Fit India Freedom Run, Plog Run, Cyclothon, Fit India Week, Fit India School Certificate and various other programmes.
- These events witnessed the enthusiastic participation of people from all walks of life and from across the country.
- Minister of State of the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports: Kiren Rijiju
- Constituency: Arunachal West
Govt raises limit for use of SDRF funds by states from 35 per cent to 50 per cent to tackle COVID situation
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced that the limit of using the State Disaster Response Fund for COVID specific infrastructure has been increased from 35 per cent to 50 per cent.
- He interacted with Chief Ministers of six states and one Union Territory through video conference.
- These States and UTs are Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh and Delhi.
- More than 63 per cent of the active cases of the country are concentrated in these six States and a Union Territory.
- Mr Modi stressed on the need to increase focus on effective testing, tracing, treatment, surveillance and clear messaging.
Country’s apex regulator of medical education ‘National Medical Commission’ comes into existence
- The National Medical Commission (NMC), in place of the Medical Council of India (MCI), as the country’s apex regulator of medical education and profession has come into existence. With the NMC coming into being, the Board of Governors (BoG) which superseded the MCI on September 26th, 2018, to perform its functions, has been dissolved and the nearly 64-year-old Indian Medical Council Act abolished.
- Dr Suresh Chandra Sharma, former head of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences ENT department, Delhi, has been appointed as chairman for a period of three years.
- The NMC Act, which seeks to usher in mega reforms in the medical education sector, received the assent of the president on August 8th last year. The NMC comprises a chairman, 10 ex-officio members and 22 part-time members.
Govt forms five task forces to make Indian MSMEs future-ready
- The government has constituted five task forces to make India’s micro, small and medium enterprises future-ready and formulate a concrete strategy towards making the country a leading exporter, a top government official stated.
- One of the five areas identified is Industry 4.0, including elements like artificial intelligence, 3D and virtual reality, and this task force has been formed with the objective of making India a global leader in Industry 4.0.
- The second area is export promotion and import reduction, including how to focus in the key manufacturing areas, how to improve our quality standards, designs and technology, packaging.
- The third is how to re-engineer vertically and horizontally our existing cluster schemes so that they are able to assist the grass-root and the micro-level enterprises as well as the high-end enterprises.
- The fourth task force will focus on how to integrate our technology centres.
- The fifth task force will explore interventions to align various modernisation schemes like ZED (zero defect and zero effect) and LEAN (for manufacturing competitiveness), as well as other schemes related to design, intellectual property rights and marketing scheme.
IEA and NITI Aayog hold India launch of IEA Special Report on Sustainable Recovery
- In collaboration with NITI Aayog, the International Energy Agency held the India launch of the Special Report on Sustainable Recovery from the IEA’s flagship World Energy Outlook series on 18 September.
- To help countries rebuild better from the Covid-19 crisis, the report sets out a series of actions that can be taken over the next three years to revitalise economies and boost employment while making energy systems cleaner and more resilient.
- As governments around the world respond to Covid-19, the IEA’s report, which was prepared in cooperation with the International Monetary Fund, details which energy-focused policies and investments could help boost economic growth, create jobs and put emissions into structural decline while making energy systems more cost-effective, secure and resilient.
- The report brings out key areas for creating jobs in the sectors like electricity, transportation, buildings, industry and sustainable biofuels and innovations. A combination of policy actions and targeted investments will offer huge benefits to the economy and lead to job creation. However, the measures highlighted in the report remain the sovereign choice of the country.
About International Energy Agency:
- Headquarters: Paris, France
- Executive Director: Fatih Birol
About Niti Aayog:
- Headquarters New Delhi
- Narendra Modi, (Chairperson)
- Rajiv Kumar, (Vice Chairperson)
- Amitabh Kant, (CEO)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Tel Aviv to become first city with electric roads that charge public buses
- The city of Tel Aviv is working on creating wireless electric roads to charge and power public transportation in the city.
- The electric roads are part of a pilot program led by the Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality in collaboration with ElectReon, a company developing a system that can charge electric vehicles while they are moving, and Dan Bus Company.
- The roads will span from Tel Aviv University Railway station to Klatzkin Terminal in Ramat Aviv, a route of about 1.2 miles. The electric road itself will be about 37 miles long, a little less than half a mile.
- Electric infrastructure under the road will charge specially-equipped buses. The system consists of a set of copper coils that are placed under the asphalt of the street, according to ElectReon. “Energy is transferred from the electricity grid to the road infrastructure and manages communication with the approaching vehicles,” according to the company’s website.
- As for the vehicles, receivers are installed on the floor of the vehicle to transmit energy directly to the battery while driving.
- Prime minister: Benjamin Netanyahu
- Capital: Jerusalem
- Currency: New shekel
G4 countries call for decisive push for UN Security Council reforms
- Foreign Ministers of the G4 countries – India, Brazil, Japan, and Germany have highlighted the urgency of reforming the United Nations and updating its main decision-making bodies, in order to better reflect contemporary realities.
- They expressed disappointment at attempts to derail this process and committed to addressing the issue in a meaningful way and with increased urgency at this 75th anniversary of the UN.
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar, and his counterparts from Brazil, Japan and Germany met virtually during the 75th session of the United Nations General Assembly.
- The G4 Ministers stated, only reforms in UN Security Council can save it from becoming obsolete. Broader membership of the Security Council will allow it to preserve its credibility and create the political backing needed for the peaceful resolution of today’s international crises.
- The G4 Ministers expressed their concern at the lack of any meaningful movement forward in the Intergovernmental Negotiations on Security Council reform.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
IDFC First Bank to launch contactless debit card transaction facility ‘SafePay’
- IDFC First Bank is set to launch SafePay, a digital facility that allows contactless debit card payments by simply waving one’s smartphone against a Near Field Communication (NFC)-enabled POS terminal.
- SafePay embeds Near Field Communication (NFC) technology in the IDFC First Mobile App to enable secure payments using a debit card issued by the Bank.
- Users can simply wave, pay and go, making the payment process not only touch-free, but also faster, simpler and safer.
- SafePay enables contactless payments of up to₹2,000 per transaction and up to a limit of ₹20,000 per day, making everyday purchases easy.
- The first such facility to be made available in an integrated mobile banking app, the SafePay feature has been tested successfully and certified by Visa.
About IDFC First Bank
- CEO: V. Vaidyanathan
- Headquarters: Mumbai
CRIF India, SIDBI team-up to unveil sector-based insight reports
- CRIF High Mark, Indian credit bureau owned by CRIF has joined hands with Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) apex financial institution for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in India, for launching of sector-based insight reports titled ‘Industry Spotlight’.
- Under the partnership, a series of quarterly reports providing data and trends on key industry sectors in each edition will be launched.
- The report aims at analyzing the credit landscape of the sector, understand the borrower segments with its risk analysis and equip policymakers as well as the MSME players with the required trends and statistics for sectoral growth.
About CRIF High Mark Credit Information Services:
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Larry Howell, Chairman
- Navin Chandani, CEO & MD
- Headquarters: Lucknow
- Founded: 2 April 1990
- Mohammad Mustafa: (Chairman and Managing Director);
BOB Financial Solutions Limited partners Signzy to unveil its ‘Video KYC’
- BOB Financial Solutions Limited (BFSL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bank of Baroda has selected RegTech firm Signzy, in a bid to digitize its customer verification through ‘Video KYC’. With this alliance, BFSL has now enabled a quick, zero-contact and paperless KYC that omits the requirement for physical submission of KYC documents.
- By leveraging Signzy’s Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning-enabled Video e-KYC solution, BFSL would now be able to easily onboard more than one lakh new credit card customers every month.
- The solution will help in delivering 98 percent faster KYC processing in comparison to the traditional process, ensuring an instant onboarding experience to a client. It also ensures end-to-end security in the entire KYC process to both financial services providers as well as their users.
RBI suggests five-pillared approach to deal with cybersecurity issues in UCBs
- The Reserve Bank came out with a five-pillared strategic approach ‘GUARD’ to deal with cyber security threats being faced by Urban Cooperative Banks (UCBs).
- The RBI stated in its document ‘Technology Vision for Cyber Security for Urban Cooperative Banks 2020-2023’ that the number, frequency and impact of cyber incidents and attacks have increased manifold in the recent past, more so in the case of the financial sector, including UCBs.
- Therefore, it has become essential to enhance the security posture of UCBs to prevent, detect, respond to and recover from cyber-attacks.
- According to the central bank, the technology vision document, which was formalised after obtaining inputs from various stakeholders, is aimed at enhancing the cybersecurity posture of UCBs against evolving IT and cyber threat environment.
- Observing that the cybersecurity landscape will continue to evolve with wider adoption of digital banking channels, necessitating the UCBs to manage the associated risks effectively, the RBI stated that the active collaboration within UCBs and their stakeholders would be necessary for sharing and coordinating various measures taken on cybersecurity aspects.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Tech Mahindra sells stake in Altiostar to Rakuten
- Indian IT services company Tech Mahindra and Rakuten Mobile Inc., a Rakuten group company responsible for mobile communications, announced an agreement under which the former has been appointed the preferred partner for global go-to market opportunities for the Rakuten Communications Platform (RCP). As part of the deal, Tech Mahindra has sold its stake in Delaware-based Altiostar Networks to Rakuten for $45 million.
- In 2018, Tech Mahindra had acquired a 5% stake in the US-based telecom software development company Altiostar Networks for $15 million.
- Rakuten Mobile and Tech Mahindra aim to drive innovation by transforming network services and enhancing customer experience globally. Based on the agreement, as a preferred partner, Tech Mahindra will provide its leading technologies and software capabilities to support the development and deployment of mobile networks for global customers of RCP.
- Through the agreement, Tech Mahindra will also provide managed IT, security and network services to Rakuten Mobile, and there are also plans to designate Tech Mahindra as an official reseller of RCP.
About Tech Mahindra:
- CEO: C. P. Gurnani
- Headquarters: Pune
Bharti Airtel picks up strategic stake in Cloud analytics startup Waybeo
- Telecom major Bharti Airtel stated it has picked up a strategic stake in cloud analytics startup Waybeo under the Airtel Startup Accelerator Programme.
- Thiruvananthapuram-headquartered Waybeo, focused on deep Artificial Intelligence-based analytics for Cloud telephony, is the fifth startup to join the fast-growing Airtel Startup Accelerator Program, which helps promising startups unlock their potential.
- The Airtel Startup Accelerator Programme allows startups to leverage Airtel’s robust ecosystem, including its core strengths in data, distribution, networks and payments.
- Waybeo has built cutting-edge analytics tools for the enterprise cloud telephony segment and under the Airtel Startup Accelerator Programme, Waybeo’s solutions will get larger distribution reach while giving Airtel access to Waybeo’s proven as well as emerging technologies.
About Bharti Airtel:
- CEO: Gopal Vittal
- Headquarters: New Delhi
CCI approves PharmEasy’s merger with rival Medlife
- Healthtech sector in India witnessed another big consolidation. After Reliance’s acquisition of digital pharmacy Netmeds in August, the Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the merger between online pharmacy PharmEasy’s parent company API Holdings and rival Medlife.
- According to an earlier CCI filing, PharmEasy will acquire 100 per cent equity shares of Medlife while the latter’s promoters will get 19.95 per cent equity share capital in return in the merged business. The two had reached out to the competition’s watchdog in August seeking approval for the merger. The merger’s approval was tweeted by CCI.
- Launched in 2015, PharmEasy offers services including online medicines, healthcare products and booking lab tests in more than 1000 cities. It has so far raised $328 million across seven funding rounds and had last raised $220 million in November 2019, as per deals tracker Crunchbase.
- PharmEasy, which counts Temasek, Bessemer Venture Partners, Nandan Nilekani etc., among its investors, was last valued at reportedly $700 million. On the other hand, Medlife was founded in 2014 and serves over 4,000 cities. The startup had raised $56.5 million.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal launches Mukhyamantrir Grammya Paribahan Achoni
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal launched the Mukhyamantrir Grammya Paribahan Achoni and distributed vehicles under the scheme to beneficiaries at a programme held at Assam Administrative Staff College by transport department. The scheme aims to improve rural connectivity and generate employment in the villages.
- Light Motor Vehicle Service would be launched in the villages of the state and ten thousand villages would be covered in the first phase by the scheme with financial outlay of Rs 100 crore whereby one vehicle would be provided to one beneficiary per village.
- Under the scheme, the eligible entrepreneurs will be assisted financially with 25 per cent of the cost of the vehicle by the State government or Rs 1 lakh, whichever is less.
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief minister: Sarbananda Sonowal
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
51st IFFI to be held from 16th to 24th January next year in Goa
- The 51st Edition of the International Film Festival of India, IFFI will be held from 16th to 24th January, next year in Goa. Earlier it was scheduled to be held from 20th November to 28th November, this year.
- The postponement follows discussion between Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar and Goa Chief Minister Dr. Pramod Sawant.
- It has also been jointly decided to hold the festival on new dates as per the International Film Festival guidelines and protocols.
- The festival will be conducted in a Virtual and Physical format. All COVID related protocols will be strictly enforced as per the festivals convened recently in the International Film Festival circuit.
- Capital: Panaji
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief Minister: Pramod Sawant
UP govt launches unified portal ‘U-Rise’ to guide students in learning, career counselling, employment
- The Uttar Pradesh government has launched a unified portal called ‘U-Rise’ to guide students in learning, career counselling, and getting employment in the state.
- Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched the portal in Lucknow . He termed it historic and stated it is the biggest reform programme in the education sector after the National Education Policy (NEP)-2020. He stated that the programme would connect students with practical and technical knowledge. He added that Uttar Pradesh was the first state to launch a unified portal along with the implementation of NEP.
- About 20 lakh students, getting vocational and technical education, and technical experts will benefit from this portal. The e-content, e-library, and online courses available on this portal will be accessible by students even in the most interior areas of the state.
- This portal would benefit students and empower them by providing every possible information — from online exams, digital content, digital assessment, digital examination papers, webinars, internship, e-library, recorded video content to employment.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Belarus president Lukashenko sworn in for a sixth term
- President Alexander Lukashenko of Belarus was sworn to his sixth term in office at an inaugural ceremony that was not announced in advance amid weeks of huge protests of the authoritarian leader’s reelection.
- The head of the Central Election Commission handed him the official ID card of the president of Belarus.
- Lukashenko has run Belarus, a former Soviet nation of 9.5 million, with an iron fist for 26 years. Official results of the country’s presidential election had him winning 80% of the vote. His strongest opponent, Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya, got 10%.
- Capital: Minsk
- Currency: Belarusian ruble
Flight Lieutenant Shivangi Singh will be first woman fighter pilot to fly Rafale
- Flight Lieutenant Shivangi Singh will be the first woman pilot to fly Rafale, India’s most modern multi-role fighter aircraft.
- Flt Lt Singh, who was commissioned into the IAF in 2017 as part of the second batch of women fighter pilots, is currently flying a MiG-21 Bison, the oldest combat aircraft in the force’s inventory.
- Once the training is completed, she will join the Ambala-based 17 Squadron, home to the Rafale fighters.
Acer India signs Sonu Sood as brand ambassador
- PC brand Acer India announced actor Sonu Sood as its brand ambassador.
- This association will help Acer India drive awareness of leading India’s next-generation digital evolution through its cutting-edge innovation and products which are strong and dependable just like what Sonu has represented during the pandemic crisis.
About Acer India
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- President and Managing Director: Harish Kohli
Uday Kotak gets 1-year extension on IL&FS board
- The government has allowed Uday Kotak, MD and CEO of Kotak Mahindra Bank, to continue on the board of troubled infra lender IL&FS for one more year till October 2, 2021. This is the second extension for Kotak to continue on the IL&FS board.
- Kotak was appointed by the Centre as the head of the IL&FS board which will help it come out of difficulties after the Centre superseded the old board.
- This extension is a step towards fulfilling the National and Public duty, entrusted on the new IL&FS Board, to resolve one of India’s largest financial sector challenges – comprising of over 300 companies in the Group, which has an outstanding of over Rs 94,000 crore to lenders
EESL appoints Rajat Sud as new Managing Director
- Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL) announced the appointment of Rajat Sud as its managing director from immediate effect.
- Sud takes over from S Gopal, director (commercial), who had taken on the additional charge of interim managing director.
- Before joining EESL, he served as executive vice president at Sterlite Power Transmission Ltd.
- Location: New Delhi
- Chairman: Rajeev Sharma
Navy gets its first women combat aviators
- Sub Lieutenant Kumudini Tyagi and Sub Lieutenant Riti Singh would be the first women airborne tacticians in India to operate from the deck of warships.
- This is seen as a landmark event as before this, women have not been posted on warships despite being employed in different ranks in Indian Navy.
- Both Tyagi and Singh passed out of Indian Navy’s Observer Course at Southern Naval Command in Kerala’s Kochi city.
- The two officers are part of a group of 17 officers of the Navy, including four women officers and three officers of the Indian Coast Guard, who were awarded “Wings” on graduating as “Observers” at a ceremony.
- The two officers are expected to eventually fly the Navy’s new MH-60 R helicopters, which are designed to detect enemy ships and submarines and can be engaged using missiles and torpedoes.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
EAM Dr S Jaishankar participates in Special Ministerial Meeting of FMs of CICA
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar participated in the Special Ministerial Meeting of Foreign Ministers of the CICA.
- CICA is the Conference on Interaction & Confidence Building Measures in Asia.
- The Minister underlined India’s commitment to a pluralistic cooperative security order in Asia through CICA.
- He also highlighted India’s contributions to the global fight against COVID19 and India’s openness to do more, including with respect to vaccines and also about India-central Asia cooperation and the Indo-Pacific Ocean’s Initiative.
- He reaffirmed India’s support for Afghan peace process that respects its national sovereignty and territorial integrity and preserves its democratic progress.
- Minister of External Affairs: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- Constituency: Gujarat
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
GAIL wins Leaders Award at the Frost & Sullivan and TERI’s Sustainability 4.0 Awards 2020
- GAIL (India) Limited has won the Leaders Award in the Mega Large Business, Process Sector category in the 11th edition of Frost & Sullivan – MEASA and TERI – The Energy and Resources Institute’s Sustainability 4.0 Awards 2020.
- The award recognises corporates in sustainable development practices that provide a measurable and verifiable framework for sustainability.
- The award is essentially a result of eco-conscious development GAIL has been pursuing for the past 36 years.”Frost & Sullivan and TERI Award Assessment is an in-depth and comprehensive assessment based on a well-defined framework covering all critical areas of sustainability.
- CEO: Shri Manoj Jain
- Headquarters: New Delhi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
Neena Gupta announces her memoir ‘Sach Kahun Toh’
- Neena Guptamemoir which is coming out in 2021, it’s titled Sach Kahun Toh. The book will be published under Penguin ‘Ebury Press’ imprint.
- A National Award-winner with a career spanning more than 35 years, Gupta made her mark in films like ‘Trikal’, ‘Mandi’ and ‘Utsav’ in the 80s.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Former Australia cricketer Dean Jones passes away in Mumbai
- Former Australia cricketer Dean Jones passed away in Mumbai following a cardiac arrest, at the age of 59.
- He played 52 Tests and scored 3631 runs including 11 centuries, and featured in 164 One-Dayers, racking up 6063 runs, seven centuries and 46 fifties.
- Jones was in Mumbai as part of IPL official broadcaster’s commentary panel.
Legendary playback singer SP Balasubrahmanyam passes away
- The legendary playback singer SP Balasubrahmanyam passed away in Chennai. He was 74. The renowned artist SP Balasubrahmanyam was admitted into a corporate hospital in the city on the 5th of this month for Covid-19. The viral load dissipated, only after leaving his vital organs severely affected. It led him to be put on a ventilator and ECMO support.
DAILY CA 24th SEP
- International Day of Sign Languages- 23rd sep
- Government has launched YuWaah – a multi-stakeholder platform to make young people career ready
- India aims to end tuberculosis by 2025: Health Minister at UN
- Railways target to complete 100% electrification of broad gauge routes by 2023
- CII-IGBC launches Green Logistics Parks, Warehouses Rating System
- Arctic sea ice hits second-lowest level on record
- India, Nepal launch website on post-earthquake reconstruction
- HDFC Life joins hands with Yes Bank to sell insurance policies
- NSE, SGX ink formal pact on NSE IFSC-SGX Connect
- Gehlot approves ”Moksha Kalash Yojana-2020”
- PM Modi inaugurates highway projects, fibre scheme in Bihar
- CM Jagan Mohan Reddy launches AP Police Seva app
- Bougainville elects new president Ishmael Toroama
- RBI appoints AK Dixit as new administrator of PMC Bank
- Surat: 17-Year-Old Khushi Chindaliya Appointed As UNEP’s Indian Green Ambassador
- Somalia’s Lawmakers Approve Roble as New Prime Minister
- Golden Pen of Freedom Awarded to Colombian Journalist Jineth Bedoya Lima
- NID-Ahmedabad student’s Shashank Nimkar zero waste manufacturing process wins James Dyson India award
- President Ram Nath Kovind confers NSS Awards for 2018-19
- UN, Britain to co-host a global climate summit on Dec 12
- Shri Piyush Goyal participates in the G-20 meeting of the Trade and Investment Ministers
- PM Modi to hold virtual bilateral summit with Sri Lankan PM on Sep 26
- Kitchens of Gratitude: new book on the cards for chef Vikas Khanna
- Fauja Singh Keeps Going: The True Story of the Oldest Person to Ever Run a Marathon by Simran Jeet Singh
- DRDO successfully test-fires Laser-Guided Anti Tank Missile
- Kineco flags-off India’s first commercial Sonar Dome for Indian Navy
- Indian Navy, Royal Australian Navy Passage Exercise (PASSEX) underway in Eastern Indian Ocean
- Ayushmann Khurrana only Indian actor on Time’s 100 most influential list
- Professional tennis player, former cricketer Ashleigh Barty wins golf tournament in COVID-19 break
- Railways MoS Suresh Angadi dies of Covid-19
DAILY CA 25th SEP
- World Maritime Day- 24th sep
- World Pharmacist Day- 25th sep
- PM Narendra Modi launches ‘Fit India’ protocols on first anniversary of ‘Fit India Movement’
- Govt raises limit for use of SDRF funds by states from 35 per cent to 50 per cent to tackle COVID situation
- Country’s apex regulator of medical education ‘National Medical Commission’ comes into existence
- Govt forms five task forces to make Indian MSMEs future-ready
- IEA and NITI Aayog hold India launch of IEA Special Report on Sustainable Recovery
- Tel Aviv to become first city with electric roads that charge public buses
- G4 countries call for decisive push for UN Security Council reforms
- IDFC First Bank to launch contactless debit card transaction facility ‘SafePay’
- CRIF India, SIDBI team-up to unveil sector-based insight reports
- BOB Financial Solutions Limited partners Signzy to unveil its ‘Video KYC’
- RBI suggests five-pillared approach to deal with cybersecurity issues in UCBs
- Tech Mahindra sells stake in Altiostar to Rakuten
- Bharti Airtel picks up strategic stake in Cloud analytics startup Waybeo
- CCI approves PharmEasy’s merger with rival Medlife
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal launches Mukhyamantrir Grammya Paribahan Achoni
- 51st IFFI to be held from 16th to 24th January next year in Goa
- UP govt launches unified portal ‘U-Rise’ to guide students in learning, career counselling, employment
- Belarus president Lukashenko sworn in for a sixth term
- Flight Lieutenant Shivangi Singh will be first woman fighter pilot to fly Rafale
- Acer India signs Sonu Sood as brand ambassador
- Uday Kotak gets 1-year extension on IL&FS board
- EESL appoints Rajat Sud as new Managing Director
- Navy gets its first women combat aviators
- EAM Dr S Jaishankar participates in Special Ministerial Meeting of FMs of CICA
- GAIL wins Leaders Award at the Frost & Sullivan and TERI’s Sustainability 4.0 Awards 2020
- Neena Gupta announces her memoir ‘Sach Kahun Toh’
- Former Australia cricketer Dean Jones passes away in Mumbai
- Legendary playback singer SP Balasubrahmanyam passes away