This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
- In 2014, Venkaiah Naidu former Union Urban Development Minister announced that the government has decided to observe September 25 as ‘Antyodaya Diwas’ every year to mark the birth anniversary of erstwhile Bharatiya Jana Sangh and BJP icon Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya.
- The birthday of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya, one of the great thinker and philosopher of the nationalist movement of the country.
- Antyodaya means uplifting the poorest of the poor. Reaching the person in the last mile, that is the message of this Antyodaya.
World Environmental Health Day
- World Environmental Health Day is annually observed in many countries around the world on September 26. The observance was inaugurated in 2011 in Indonesia.
- World Environmental Health Day was launched by the IFEH Council (International Federation of Environmental Health).
- This year the theme of World Environmental Health Day 2020 is – Environmental Health A Key Public Health Intervention in Disease Pandemic.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
‘Saubhagya’ scheme completes three years since its inception
- Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana -“Saubhagya” has completed three years since its inception.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi had launched this scheme on the 25th of September, 2017 to ensure electrification of all willing households in the country in rural as well as urban areas.
- The scheme was launched with an aim to achieve universal household electrification by providing last mile connectivity and electricity connections to all households in rural areas and all poor households in urban areas across the country.
- The scheme was started with an outlay of 16,320 crore rupees. Out of the total amount, the outlay for the rural households is over 14 thousand crore rupees while for the urban households the outlay is 2,295 crore rupees. As many as over 2 crore 62 lakh households have been provided electricity connection so far under the Saubhagya scheme.
Income Tax Department launches Faceless Income tax appeals
- The Income Tax Department launched Faceless Income tax Appeals. In a statement, CBDT stated, under it, all income tax appeals will be finalised in a faceless manner with the exception of appeals relating to serious frauds, major tax evasion, sensitive and search matters, International tax and Black Money Act. while launching the Faceless Assessment and Taxpayers’ Charter, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had announced to launch the faceless appeals on the birth anniversary of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhayay.
- CBDT stated, now there will be no physical interface between the taxpayers or their counsel and the Income Tax Department. The taxpayers can make submissions from the comfort of their home and save their time and resources. The Faceless Appeal system will include allocation of cases through Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence under the dynamic jurisdiction with central issuance of notices which would be having Document Identification Number.
- As part of dynamic jurisdiction, the draft appellate order will be prepared in one city and will be reviewed in some other city resulting in an objective, fair and just order. The faceless appeal will provide great convenience to the taxpayers. The new system will also be instrumental in imparting greater efficiency, transparency and accountability in the functioning of the Income Tax Department.
About Income Tax Department:
- Headquarters:New Delhi
- Chairman: Pramod Chandra Modi,
First-ever annual ‘India Happiness Report’ released; Mizoram, Punjab, Andaman and Nicobar Islands top index
- The first-ever annual ‘India Happiness Report’, which is India specific and studies happiness in the thirty-six states and union territories of India, has been released.
- In the happiness rankings of states and union territories, Mizoram, Punjab, Andaman and Nicobar Islands are the top three. Among the big states, Punjab, Gujarat, and Telangana are among the top three states whereas, among smaller states, Mizoram, Sikkim, and Arunachal Pradesh are the top three states in happiness rankings. Among union territories, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Puducherry, and Lakshadweep are the top three union territories in happiness rankings.
- “The spirit of India is quite resilient and the impact of COVID-19 varies across states and union territories. It varies from the worst possible to the best possible among individuals in the study. Maharashtra, Delhi, and Haryana have shown the worst possible impact of COVID-19 on happiness, whereas Puducherry and Jammu and Kashmir are neutral and Manipur, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, and Lakshadweep have shown the best possible impact of COVID-19 on happiness,” says the report.
Railways extends pact with IIT Kanpur for infrastructure modernisation research
- The Indian Railways has extended the memorandum of understanding signed with the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur for encouraging a state of the art collaborative research for modernisation of railway infrastructure and efficient utilisation of its scientific assets through the centre for railway research (CRR).
- The MoU would facilitate research in the core areas of electrical locomotive, locomotive control and communication systems, traction installation, condition-based monitoring, train and track safety using signal processing, power and vehicle control electronics, driver interface systems, train level sensor networks and IoT, electrical safety, network control and staff training in related technical areas through the CRR at IIT-Kanpur, Prof Karandikar stated.
- Currently, CRR, which has its administrative unit in the department of electrical engineering in IIT-Kanpur, has been assigned the broad research domain of loco research and propulsion technologies, traction installation/OHE and associated electronics.
About Indian Railways:
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Piyush Goyal: Minister of Railways
- Vinod Kumar Yadav :Chairman, Railway Board
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Fino Payments Bank launches contactless payments for mass transport
- Fino Payments Bank along with fintech partners has introduced NFC-based contactless payments solution for mass transit systems, especially state bus transport services in India.
- Fino, which has over 80 per cent of its banking network of 2.75 lakh points in villages, aims to tap the opportunity to digitise cash used in mass transit systems.
- Fino’s NFC-based prepaid smart card ecosystem facilitates contactless or tap-and-go payments enabling cashless ticketing.
- Fino has already issued over 30 lakh NFC-enabled smart cards that are accepted across 20,000 Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation buses. It has partnered with fintech firms such as City Cash for developing the contactless payments solution for mass transit systems.
About Fino Payments Bank
- Headquarters location: Mumbai
- CEO: Rishi Gupta
Positive Pay system for high value cheques from January 1, 2021: RBI
- The Reserve Bank of India stated the proposed Positive Pay System for Cheque Truncation System will be introduced from January 1 next year and will be developed by the National Payments Corporation of India.
- “NPCI shall develop the facility of Positive Pay in CTS and make it available to participant banks. Banks, in turn, shall enable it for all account holders issuing cheques for amounts of 50,000 and above,” the RBI stated.
- While availing of this facility is at the discretion of the account holder, banks may consider making it mandatory in case of cheques for amounts of 5 lakh and above, it further stated.
- The RBI had last month announced the Positive Pay mechanism to prevent frauds with high value cheques.
- “Under this mechanism, cheques will be processed for payment by the drawee bank based on information passed on by its customer at the time of issuance of cheque,” the RBI stated on Developmental and Regulatory Policies, adding that it would cover approximately 20 per cent and 80 per cent of total cheques issued in the country by volume and value, respectively.
- It stated that only those cheques which are compliant with its instructions will be accepted under dispute resolution mechanism at the CTS grids.
- “Member banks may implement similar arrangements for cheques cleared and collected outside CTS as well,” it stated, adding that banks should create awareness amongst customers about the Positive Pay mechanism.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: Shri M. K. Jain, Shri B.P. Kanungo, Michael Debabrata Patra.
IRDAI identifies LIC, GIC, New India Assurance systemically important insurers
- Regulator IRDAI has identified LIC, GIC and New India Assurance as domestic systemically important insurers (D-SIIs) and subsequently decided to subject them to enhanced regulatory supervision.
- The three insurers have also been asked to raise the level of corporate governance, identify all relevant risks and promote a sound risk management culture, the Insurance Regulator and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) stated. “D-SIIs will also be subjected to enhanced regulatory supervision,” it added.
- D-SIIs refer to insurers of such size, market importance and domestic and global inter-connectedness whose distress or failure would cause a significant dislocation in the domestic financial system.
- Therefore, the continued functioning of D-SIIs is critical for the uninterrupted availability of insurance services to the national economy, IRDAI stated.
- “After analysis of data”, IRDAI has identified Life Insurance Corporation of India; General Insurance Corporation of India; and The New India Assurance Co Ltd as D-SIIs for 2020-21. D-SIIs are perceived as insurers that are ‘too big or too important to fail’ (TBTF).
- Headquarters: Hyderabad
- Chairperson: Subhash Chandra Khuntia
HDFC Bank launches warehouse commodity finance app
- Private sector lender HDFC Bank launched a Warehouse Commodity Finance App.
- This will enable customers in drawing down and managing the loan against pledge of commodities online without physical intervention or multiple visits to a bank branch. This, in turn, will bring in enhanced efficiencies and time savings for the agri value chain, it stated, adding that it will greatly benefit agri processors, traders and farmers who are primary beneficiaries of warehouse receipt loans.
About HDFC bank:
- CEO: Aditya Puri
- Headquarters: Mumbai
Axis Bank to provide affordable loans via Bayer’s Better Life Farming initiative
- Axis Bank has joined Bayer’s Better Life Farming initiative in India to provide holistic financial solutions to smallholder farmers and rural farming communities.
- Through the partnership, Axis Bank will offer a wide range of financial solutions and services such as affordable loans, deposits, withdrawals and payments.
- Digital financial solutions and doorstep delivery of these services will be part of the bank’s offering to ensure convenient and hassle-free transactions.
- These solutions will be offered through Bayer’s Better Life Farming centres, which are owned and operated either by a farmer producer organisation, federation, agri-graduate or a local farmer/entrepreneur.
- Launched globally in April 2018, the BLF alliance has global partners that include Bayer with its expertise in seeds, crop protection and agronomy; IFC, the development finance institution for impact assessment; and Netafim for drip-irrigation technologies.
- The BLF initiative has led to a doubling of crop yields and tripling of farm incomes among participant farmers in India.
About Axis Bank:
- CEO: Amitabh Chaudhry
- Headquarters: Mumbai
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
SBI Cap takes over collateral for 56% stake in Jindal Stainless
- SBICAP Trustee Company stated it acquired 17 per cent stake in Jindal Stainless (JSL). The latter’s promoters had pledged shares as collateral to secure a term loan of Rs 400 crore from IndusInd Bank.
- JSL had pledged 13.02 million shares to secure the term loan, stated SBICAP. “Since multiple promoter group entities — spread across different locations — were involved and due to the challenges arising out of Covid, the last promoter entity of JSL signed the agreement on September 21, 2020. Therefore, the disclosure is being made within two working days from September 21,” stated.
- As on June 30, 2020, promoter and promoter group of Jindal Stainless held 12 per cent stake in the firm company with the balance 31.88 per cent being public shareholding.
- The present disclosure is for creation of a pledge on the 13.02 million shares of the stainless steel producer in favour of SBICAP Trustee.
About SBI Capital Markets:
- Headquarters: Mumbai, India
- Arun Mehta: (MD & CEO)
- Umashanmukhi Sistla: (President & COO)
India’s Economy To Contract By 5.9% In 2020 Amid Covid: UN Report
- India’s economy is forecast to contract by 9 per cent in 2020, the UN has stated in a report, warning that while growth will rebound next year, the contraction is likely to translate into a permanent income loss.
- The Trade and Development Report 2020 by UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) stated that the world economy is experiencing a deep recession amid a still-unchecked pandemic.
- It stated the global economy will contract by an estimated 3 per cent this year, leaving global output by year’s end over USD 6 trillion short (in current US dollars) of what economists had expected it to be before the coronavirus began to spread.
- UNCTAD expects South Asia to contract 8 per cent in 2020 and recover to 3.9 per cent in 2021. India’s GDP is forecast to contract 5.9 per cent in 2020 and recover to 3.9 per cent next year, the report stated.
- The report stated that while UNCTAD expects a rebound in India’s GDP growth in 2021 in line with the growth rates of the Indian economy in recent years, “the contraction registered in 2020 is likely to translate into a permanent income loss”.
About United Nations Conference on Trade and Development:
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Head: Mukhisa Kituyi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Govt To Set Up First Medical Device Park MedSpark In Kerala
- Kerala will soon house one of the first medical device parks in the country, focusing on the high-risk medical device sector to provide a full range of services for the medical devices industry like R&D support, testing, and evaluation.
- MedSpark, the medical devices park envisaged as a joint initiative of Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology (SCTIMST), an autonomous institute of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), of India, and the Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation Ltd (KSIDC), the industrial and investment promotion agency of the Government of Kerala is going to be established in the Life Science Park, Thonnakkal, Thiruvananthapuram.
- The Medical Devices Park will create an enabling support system for R&D, testing and evaluation of medical devices, manufacturing support, technology innovation, and knowledge dissemination, all of which are the full range of services that the medical devices industry seeks.
- These services can be utilized by the medical device industries located within the MedSpark as well from other parts of India. This will benefit small and medium-sized medical devices industries, which dominate the medical devices sector.
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
- Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
Kolkata’s first library on tram unveiled, with free Wi-Fi and book events as add-ons
- Bibliophiles in Kolkata have a unique new place for reading that is an amalgamation of heritage and literature.
- In a first, the West Bengal Transport Corporation (WBTC) introduced a tram library in the city’s iconic College street area. It will run on the Shyambazar-Esplanade route.
- The library will have books, magazines and special editions of various competitive examination books to attract readers from various educational institutions along its route. Officials stated books would be updated regularly. Commuters will also have access to free Wi-Fi, and authorities also plan to host events such as book launches and book reading sessions.
- The launch of the tram library came on a day when services resumed on the Shyambazar-Esplanade route. This is the fifth of the six tram routes, which had been damaged in Cyclone Amphan in May, currently functioning.
- Recently, the WBTC installed art in some trams, depicting how the services began in 1873, and were electrified in 1900. Electric tram cars have been a feature of the city since 1902.
About West Bengal:
- Capital Kolkata
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar
- Chief Minister: Mamata Banerjee
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPS AND PORTALS
Agriculture minister Tomar launches portal for testing performance of farm machinery
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launched a portal where manufacturers can online apply for testing and evaluation their farm machineries.
- The minister launched the ‘Centralized Farm Machinery Performance Testing Portal’ to improve services of farm machinery testing institutions and bring out transparency in the entire process of testing and evaluation of machines.
- Ministers of State for Agriculture Parshottam Rupala and Kailash Choudhary as well as Agriculture Secretary Sanjay Agarwal were present on the occasion.
- This portal will facilitate manufacturers in applying, communicating and monitoring the progress of testing of their machines in a seamless manner as it is easily accessible from any location and from any device connected to the Internet.
- The portal will help in improving the efficiency of the testing institutes thereby reducing testing time for various agricultural machines and equipment.
- Minister of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Minister of Rural Development and Minister of Food Processing Industries: Narendra Singh Tomar
- Constituency: Morena, Madhya Pradesh
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Aamir Khan is the new brand ambassador of Ceat Tyres
- Ceat Tyres has roped in Aamir Khan as its brand ambassador. The tyre manufacturer has signed a two-year deal with the Bollywood actor for different campaigns across media platforms.
- Aamir Khan will feature in two commercials during the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020 to promote Ceat’s SecuraDrive range of tyres, which are used in SUVs and sedans like Hyundai Creta, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Honda WR-V, Honda City, Skoda Octavia and Toyota Corolla.
Aakash Educational Services signs cricketer Yuvraj Singh as brand ambassador
- Aakash Educational Services Limited (AESL), which provides comprehensive test preparatory services, has announced the appointment of cricketer Yuvraj Singh as its brand ambassador.
- As the face of Aakash, Singh will lead the brand’s latest omni-channel ‘Success is waiting’ campaign for Aakash Digital.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONORS
Kerala wins UN award for ‘outstanding contribution’ towards prevention, control of non-communicable diseases
- Kerala won a United Nations award for its “outstanding contribution” towards the non-communicable diseases-related sustainable development goals.
- Kerala Health Minister KK Shailaja said that the award was a recognition of the tireless service of Kerala in the health sector.
- The UN Interagency Task Force (UNIATF) award this year on prevention and control of non-communicable diseases was announced by World Health Organisation (WHO) director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.
- The award recognises achievements during 2019 on the multisectoral action in the prevention and control of NCDs, mental health and the wider NCD-related sustainable development goals (SDGs).
- This is the first time the state has been recognised for this annual award by the UN. Kerala is among the seven ministries of health across the world.
Manipur college receives two National Service Scheme Award 2018-19
- The National Service Scheme Award 2018-19 were conferred by the President of India to the awardees of different categories. In Manipur, a college located in a remote hill area has received two awards including Best Program Officer Award.
- Sister Sweta William Parmar, Program Officer NSS Unit of Don Bosco College Maram Centre of Senapati District Manipur has been conferred the Award in the category of Program Officer. She told that altogether 10 awards to the officers across the country were conferred in the category and she is the only one from the entire North East Region. Her college also bagged the Best NSS Unit award for dedicated service to the community.
- Capital: Imphal (Executive Branch)
- Chief minister: N. Biren Singh
- Governor: Najma Heptulla
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
Minister of Environment addresses Ministerial Roundtable Dialogue on Biodiversity Beyond 2020 virtually
- Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change Prakash Javadekar addressed the Ministerial Roundtable Dialogue on Biodiversity Beyond 2020: Building a Shared Future for All Life on Earth, virtually hosted by China, one week ahead of the upcoming United Nation Summit on Biodiversity, to exchange views on biodiversity conservation and sustainable development.
- Prakash Javadekar stated that COVID-19 pandemic has emphasized the fact that un-regulated exploitation of natural resources coupled with un-sustainable food habits and consumption patterns lead to destruction of systems that support human life.
- India aims to restore 26 million hectares of degraded land, and achieve land-degradation neutrality by
- India has enhanced the combined forest and tree cover to nearly 25 percent of the total geographical area of the country.
- He also said that we have the highest number of tigers and have doubled its number ahead of the deadline of
- Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Minister of Information and Broadcasting and Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises: Prakash Javadekar
- Constituency: Maharashtra
PM Narendra Modi to inaugurate AI summit ‘RAISE 2020’ on October 5
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will on October 5 inaugurate a virtual summit on artificial intelligence ‘RAISE 2020’, which is being jointly organised by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and the NITI Aayog.
- Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020’ (RAISE 2020) will be a global meeting to exchange ideas and chart a course for using AI for social transformation, inclusion and empowerment in areas such as healthcare, agriculture, education and smart mobility.
- At the RAISE 2020 summit, delegates and experts in research, policy and innovation on AI will join from across the globe.
- RAISE 2020, which will take place between October 5 and October 9, will facilitate an exchange of ideas to create mass awareness about the need to ethically develop and practice AI.
- The summit aims to help create a data-rich environment, which is a stepping stone to eventually transform lives globally.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Indigenously developed surface-to-surface Prithvi-II missile test fired
- India conducted a successful night testfire of its indigenously developed nuclear capable surface-to-surface Prithvi-II missile as part of a user trial by the Army from a base in Odisha.
- The state-of-the-art missile was testfired from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur, Odisha.
- Prithvi-II is capable of carrying 500 to 1,000 kg of warheads and is powered by liquid propulsion twin engines and it has a strike range of 350 km.
- In 2003, nine-metre long ‘Prithvi’ was the first missile to have been developed byDRDO under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme (IGMDP).
IIT Madras researchers develop ‘MOUSHIK’ chip for IoT device
- Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras here have indigenously developed microprocessor ”MOUSHIK” aimed at serving the Internet of Things devices, under the Centre”s Digital India ”smart cities” initiative.
- The project is funded by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- ”MOUSHIK” was conceptualised, designed and developed at the Pratap Subrahmanyam Centre for Digital Intelligence and Secure Hardware Architecture of the RISE Group, department of computer science and engineering, IIT Madras.
- All the three processes (design, fabrication and post-silicon boot up) for ”MOUSHIK” were undertaken in India demonstrating the ”Atma Nirbhar” ecosystem in Digital Design.
- The field applications of the microprocessor include — smart cards including credit cards, debit cards, electronic voting machines and office management systems.
- Union Minister of Law and Justice, Electronics and Information Technology and Communications: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Constituency: Patna Sahib, Bihar.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
QS Global MBA Rankings 2021: IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta top Indian B-schools
- Placed at the 50th position, IIM Ahmedabad was the top-ranked Indian B-School followed by IIM Bangalore and IIM Calcutta in the latest QS Global MBA rankings.
- IIM Bangalore was placed at the 54th position while IIM Calcutta was at the 79th position. Indian School of Business, which has campuses in Hyderabad and Mohali (Punjab), secured the 93rd position.
- Overall, the list is dominated by American business schools. Stanford Graduate School of Business, Penn (Wharton) and MIT (Sloan) are the top three institutions to do MBA from globally, according to the QS Global MBA rankings for 2021.
- Harvard Business School comes at the fourth place while HEC Paris is at the fifth place. INSEAD, a multi-campus institutions, based in Paris and Singapore comes sixth in the rankings.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
India-Japan Maritime bilateral exercise ‘JIMEX’
- The fourth edition of India-Japan Maritime bilateral exercise (JIMEX) begins in North Arabian Sea. The exercise is conducted biennially between the Indian Navy and Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF).
- ‘JIMEX’ series of exercises commenced in January 2012 with special focus on maritime security cooperation. The last edition of JIMEX was conducted in October 2018 off Visakhapatnam coast. JIMEX 20 will be spread over three days and is being conducted in a ‘non-contact at-sea-only format’, in view of COVID-19 restrictions.
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese yen
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Sekhar Basu, renowned nuclear scientist, passes away of COVID at 68
- Veteran atomic scientist and former chairman of Atomic Energy Commission Dr Sekhar Basu succumbed to COVID-19, has passed away at 68.
- A mechanical engineer, Dr Basu is revered for his contributions to the country’s atomic energy programme.
- He was awarded Padma Shri in 2014.
- He had also pioneered the highly complex reactor for India’s first nuclear-powered submarine INS Arihant.
DAILY CA 25th SEP
- World Maritime Day- 24th sep
- World Pharmacist Day- 25th sep
- PM Narendra Modi launches ‘Fit India’ protocols on first anniversary of ‘Fit India Movement’
- Govt raises limit for use of SDRF funds by states from 35 per cent to 50 per cent to tackle COVID situation
- Country’s apex regulator of medical education ‘National Medical Commission’ comes into existence
- Govt forms five task forces to make Indian MSMEs future-ready
- IEA and NITI Aayog hold India launch of IEA Special Report on Sustainable Recovery
- Tel Aviv to become first city with electric roads that charge public buses
- G4 countries call for decisive push for UN Security Council reforms
- IDFC First Bank to launch contactless debit card transaction facility ‘SafePay’
- CRIF India, SIDBI team-up to unveil sector-based insight reports
- BOB Financial Solutions Limited partners Signzy to unveil its ‘Video KYC’
- RBI suggests five-pillared approach to deal with cybersecurity issues in UCBs
- Tech Mahindra sells stake in Altiostar to Rakuten
- Bharti Airtel picks up strategic stake in Cloud analytics startup Waybeo
- CCI approves PharmEasy’s merger with rival Medlife
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal launches Mukhyamantrir Grammya Paribahan Achoni
- 51st IFFI to be held from 16th to 24th January next year in Goa
- UP govt launches unified portal ‘U-Rise’ to guide students in learning, career counselling, employment
- Belarus president Lukashenko sworn in for a sixth term
- Flight Lieutenant Shivangi Singh will be first woman fighter pilot to fly Rafale
- Acer India signs Sonu Sood as brand ambassador
- Uday Kotak gets 1-year extension on IL&FS board
- EESL appoints Rajat Sud as new Managing Director
- Navy gets its first women combat aviators
- EAM Dr S Jaishankar participates in Special Ministerial Meeting of FMs of CICA
- GAIL wins Leaders Award at the Frost & Sullivan and TERI’s Sustainability 4.0 Awards 2020
- Neena Gupta announces her memoir ‘Sach Kahun Toh’
- Former Australia cricketer Dean Jones passes away in Mumbai
- Legendary playback singer SP Balasubrahmanyam passes away
DAILY CA 26th SEP
- Antyodaya Diwas- 25th sep
- World Environmental Health Day- 26th sep
- Saubhagya’ scheme completes three years since its inception
- Income Tax Department launches Faceless Income tax appeals
- First-ever annual ‘India Happiness Report’ released; Mizoram, Punjab, Andaman and Nicobar Islands top index
- Railways extends pact with IIT Kanpur for infrastructure modernisation research
- Fino Payments Bank launches contactless payments for mass transport
- Positive Pay system for high value cheques from January 1, 2021: RBI
- IRDAI identifies LIC, GIC, New India Assurance systemically important insurers
- HDFC Bank launches warehouse commodity finance app
- Axis Bank to provide affordable loans via Bayer’s Better Life Farming initiative
- SBI Cap takes over collateral for 56% stake in Jindal Stainless
- India’s Economy To Contract By 5.9% In 2020 Amid Covid: UN Report
- Govt To Set Up First Medical Device Park MedSpark In Kerala
- Kolkata’s first library on tram unveiled, with free Wi-Fi and book events as add-ons
- Agriculture minister Tomar launches portal for testing performance of farm machinery
- Aamir Khan is the new brand ambassador of Ceat Tyres
- Aakash Educational Services signs cricketer Yuvraj Singh as brand ambassador
- Kerala wins UN award for ‘outstanding contribution’ towards prevention, control of non-communicable diseases
- Manipur college receives two National Service Scheme Award 2018-19
- Minister of Environment addresses Ministerial Roundtable Dialogue on Biodiversity Beyond 2020 virtually
- PM Narendra Modi to inaugurate AI summit ‘RAISE 2020’ on October 5
- Indigenously developed surface-to-surface Prithvi-II missile test fired
- IIT Madras researchers develop ‘MOUSHIK’ chip for IoT device
- QS Global MBA Rankings 2021: IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta top Indian B-schools
- India-Japan Maritime bilateral exercise ‘JIMEX’
- Sekhar Basu, renowned nuclear scientist, passes away of COVID at 68