Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
World Wildlife Day
- This day is celebrated globally on 3rd March, which focuses on marine species and to highlight the problems, critical issues of marine wildlife to our everyday life.
- World Wildlife Day will be celebrated in 2020 under the theme “Sustaining all life on Earth”, encompassing all wild animal and plant species as key components of the world’s biodiversity
World Hearing Day
- World Hearing Day is observed on 3rd March every year to raise awareness about how to prevent deafness and to promote hearing across the world.
- The theme for World Hearing Day in 2020 is “Hearing for Life: Don’t lethearing loss limit you”
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Government allows airlines to provide in-flight Wi-Fi services
- The central government permitted airlines operating in India to provide in-flight Wi-Fi services to passengers, according to official notification.
- The Pilot-in-Command may permit the access of Internet services by passengers on board an aircraft in flight, through Wi-Fi on board, when laptop, smartphone, tablet, smartwatch, e-reader or a point of sale device is used in flight mode or airplane mode, the notification stated.
- While taking the delivery of its first Boeing 787-9 aircraft at Everett , Vistara CEO Leslie Thng had told reporters that it would be the first plane in India to provide in-flight Wi-Fi services
Government cites concerns over divesting stake below 51 per cent in NTPC, PowerGrid
- The Power Ministry has raised concerns over the proposed strategic divestment of government equity in NTPC, PFC and Power Grid, which may bring down its stake to below 51 per cent.
- Earlier, under disinvestment plan, it was proposed to divest government equity below 51 per cent of its stake in certain public sector undertakings, including NTPC, PowerGrid and Power Finance Corporation (PFC).
- Thereafter certain foreign bond holder in these PSU had raised concerns about that. The power entities are supposed to compensate bondholders after reduction of the government stake to below 51 per cent. Moreover, the PSUs have raised concerns about this proposal saying that it would not go down well with investors particularly foreign lenders.
- An official stated that the power ministry has forwarded these PSUs concerns over reducing government stake below 51 per cent to the Finance Ministry. Presently, the government owns 54.14 per cent in NTPC, 54.96 per cent in PowerGrid and 55.99 per cent in PFC.
- On foundation day celebrations, the BEE launched star rating programme for deep freezers and light commercial air conditioners (LCAC). The star labelling programme for deep freezer and LCAC together are expected to save about nine billion units of electricity and reduce CO2 emission by 7.7 million tonnes by 2030.
- The star labeling for the two appliances are launched under voluntary mode which would be converted into mandatory mode after market transformation
About ministry of power:
- Preceding Ministry: Ministry of Energy Sources
- Founded: 2 July 1992
- Headquarters: Shram Shakti Bhavan, Rafi Marg, New Delhi
- Minister responsible: Raj Kumar Singh, Minister of State (Independent Charge)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
China assumes presidency of UN Security Council for March 2020
- China has taken over as president of the UN Security Council for the month of March 2020, pledging to promote solidarity and cooperation in this capacity. China’s permanent representative to the UN, Zhang Jun stated his country attaches great importance to the work during its presidency and will act responsibly and constructively.
- China will make an effort to strengthen solidarity and cooperation with all parties to ensure that the council fulfills its responsibility and plays a constructive role in maintaining international peace and security, Zhang stated.
- The Security Council was established by the UN Charter. Its primary responsibility is to work to maintain international peace and security. The council has 15 members: the five permanent members and 10 non-permanent members elected for two-year terms. The council’s presidency is a capacity that rotates every month among its 15 members
- President: Xi Jinping
- Capital: Beijing
- Currency: Renminbi
Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu claims victory in general elections
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has claimed victory in the general elections. Exit polls indicated that Mr Netanyahu is in a strong position to form the next government.
- The election, Israel’s third in less than a year, was called after inconclusive votes in April and September plunged the Jewish state into a political stalemate
About Israel :
- Prime minister: Benjamin Netanyahu
- Capital: Jerusalem
- Currency: Israeli Shekel
Saudi Arabia starts issuance of permanent premium residency permit to foreigners
- As Saudi Arabia started the issuance of Permanent Premium Residency Permit to Foreigners, Indian investor Yosuffali M A, Chairman of the Lulu group became one of the first to be given the permanent residency permit by Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- The Premium Residency, informally known as Saudi Green Card, is a residence permit in Saudi Arabia that grants expatriates the right to live, work and own business and property in the Kingdom without need for a sponsor.
- The introduction of the Premium Residency comes as a part of Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030 reform plan, which was announced by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman to boost the Saudi economy.
- This initiative of Saudi Arabia is to target key investors and prominent personalities from various fields including sports, arts and culture, who have played a defining role in the nation-building process
About Saudi Arabia:
- Capital: Riyadh
- Currency: Saudi riyal
- King: Salman
- Crown prince :Mohammad bin Salman
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
OECD slashes India’s FY21 growth forecast to 5.1% on coronavirus woes
- Global agency OECD lowered India’s GDP growth forecast to 1 per cent, from its earlier projection of 6.2 per cent, for 2020 on concerns over the impact of deadly coronavirus on the domestic as well as the global economy.
- The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) stated the adverse impact on confidence, financial markets, travel sector and disruption to supply chains contributes to the downward revisions in all the G20 economies in 2020, particularly ones strongly interconnected to China.
- India is a member of G20, a grouping of developed and developing economies.
- According to the latest OECD Interim Economic Outlook Forecasts, India’s real GDP growth is expected at 1 per cent during the fiscal year starting April 1, 2020, and improve to 5.6 per cent in the following year. The latest projection for 2020-21 is 1.1 percentage point lower than the November 2019 forecast.
- The Economic Survey tabled by the government in Parliament has projected India’s economic growth at 6 -6.5 per cent in the next fiscal year. The National Statistical Office (NSO) estimates India’s GDP growth at 5 per cent during 2019-20.The OECD has projected India’s growth at 9 per cent for the financial year ending March 2020.
- The report stated coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak has already brought considerable human suffering and major economic disruption
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development is an intergovernmental economic organisation with 36 member countries, founded in 1961 to stimulate economic progress and world trade.
- Headquarters: Paris, France
- Founded: 30 September 1961
- Secretary-General: José Ángel Gurría
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
RBL, Zomato launch co-branded credit card offering cash back and loyalty membership benefits
- RBL Bank and Zomato launched a co-branded credit card, powered by Mastercard, in a bid to tap the potential of online food delivery market which has been expanding beyond big cities.
- The co-branded card, which comes in two variants — Edition and Edition Classic, will offer benefits such as Zomato Gold membership, cash back as well as airport lounge access. Customers will get Zomato credits on every use, both online and offline.
- The partnership, an addition to the lender’s co-branded credit cards business, will be beneficial as online food delivery has witnessed a growing trend, Utkarsh Saxena, Head Products-Credit Cards, RBL Bank stated.
- Mastercard’s Senior Vice President, Market Development, Rajeev Kumar stated the company is increasingly tapping the co-branded space, and more millennials are adopting credit cards in tier-II and III cities.
- With evolving lifestyles and preferences, an increasingly large number of Indian consumers are ordering food online. A co-brand card proposition has the potential to provide a significant value to consumers,he stated
About RBL bank
- Founded :1943
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- MD & CEO : Mr Vishwavir Ahuja
Fitch cuts India growth forecast to 4.9 per cent for fiscal year 2020-21
- Fitch Ratings cut its forecast for India’s economic growth to 9 per cent in the current fiscal on weak domestic demand and supply chain disruptions due to the coronavirus outbreak.
- It stated that the GDP growth is forecast to recover slightly to 4 per cent in 2020-21 (April 2020 to March 2021).
- Fitch Solutions are revising down our forecast for India’s real GDP growth to 9 per cent in FY2019/20, from 5.1 per cent previously, and 5.4 per cent in FY2020/21, from 5.9 per cent previously, the agency stated in its outlook for the country.
- India’s real GDP growth decelerated to 7 per cent in the third quarter (October-December) from an upwardly revised 5.1 per cent in the second quarter owing to slower government consumption.
- The growth deceleration in the third quarter was mainly due to a collapse in gross fixed capital growth, which contracted by 4.5 per cent, and slowdown in government consumption growth to 11.8 per cent from 13.2 per cent in the second quarter
About Fitch ratings:
- Fitch Ratings Inc. is an American credit rating agency and is one of the “Big Three credit rating agencies”, the other two being Moody’s and Standard & Poor’s. It is one of the three nationally recognized statistical rating organizations designated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in 1975.
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- CEO: Paul Taylor
Unemployment rate rises to 7.78 per cent in February, highest in four months
- India’s unemployment rate rose to 78 per cent in February from 7.16 per cent in January, the highest since October last year, according to a report by the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE).
- According to the Mumbai-based private think-tank, the unemployment rate in rural areas surged to 37 per cent in February 2020 from 5.97 per cent in January. However, the trend was the opposite in urban areas as it fell to 8.65 per cent from 9.7 per cent, according to a report by Reuters.
- In the last three months of 2019, the economy grew at its slowest pace in more than six years with analysts predicting that the slowdown would continue amid the coronavirus outbreak
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Punjab prohibits online supply of food from FBOs not possessing hygiene rating
- Punjab Food & Drug Administration prohibits online supply of food from FBOs not possessing hygiene rating.
- Ban also applicable on FBOs having less than three marks in hygiene rating.
- Prohibition on OFSAs which supply food from unrated FBO.
- Exercising the powers conferred under section 30(2)(a) of Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006, read with section 18(1)(a) of Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006, in the interest of public health, the distribution /supply/sale of articles of food through Online Food Supply Aggregators (OFSAs) related to those Food Business Operators (FBOs) who have not got their hygiene rating done, has been prohibited.
- The prohibition orders would be effective in the entire state of Punjab for the period of one year with effect from 30″ April 2020
- Capital- Chandigarh
- Chief Minister– Captain Amarinder Singh
- Governor-V.P. Singh Badnore
Historic City Chowk in Jammu renamed as ‘Bharat Mata Chowk’
- The historic City Chowk, the commercial hub in old Jammu, was renamed as ‘Bharat Mata Chowk’ following the passage of a resolution by the general house of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led Jammu Municipal Corporation (JMC).
- This place is historic and a witness to major decisions and protests in the past. Every year people are hoisting the tricolour on Republic and Independence days in this chowk. There was a popular demand from the public to rename this chowk as Bharat Mata Chowk
About Jammu and Kashmir
- Capital– Srinagar (Summer) Jammu (Winter)
- Lieutenant Governor- Girish Chandra Murmu
Yog mahotsav begins in Rishikesh
- An international yoga festival began in Rishikesh with yoga teachers and practitioners from eleven countries taking part in the week-long event.
- The annual event known as “Antar rashtriya yog mahotsav”
- The ”yog mahotsav” is held in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand every year from Mar 1 to Mar 7
National Parks in Uttarakhand
- Jim Corbett National Park
- Rajaji National Park
- Valley Of Flowers National Park
- Nanda Devi National Park
- Gangotri National Park
- Govind Pashu Vihar National Park and Sanctuary
MP govt unveils ”Chilli Chaha” mascot to rebrand the hot spice
- Madhya Pradesh, the state government has unveiled a mascot named “chilli chacha” for better marketing of the popular spice.
- The move comes against the backdrop of a drop in cultivation of chilli apparently due to lack of interest from farmers in Nimar which is known for chilli pepper production.
- The mascot was launched in the first such “chilli festival” organised in Khargone district, which is the largest producer of chillies in the state.
- As per government data, the annual chilli production in Madhya Pradesh is currently around 2.18 lakh tonnes, which includes 54,451 tonnes or 25 per cent from five districts in Nimar region, namely Khargone, Dhar, Khandwa, Barwani and Alirajpur
Recent news related to Madhya pradesh:
- India, ADB sign $490 Mn loan for PPP to upgrade Madhya Pradesh roads
- Union Minister for Food Processing Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated Steel Silo based Avantee Mega Food Park in Dewas, Madhya Pradesh. This is the first food park of central India.
- Indian Army has successfully test fired two Spike long- range Anti-Tank Missiles from an Infantry School at Mhow, Madhya Pradesh
- The state government of Madhya Pradesh has announced 5% reservation to national and international medallists sportspersons in state government jobs
Week-long Ekam Fest begins in New Delhi
- A week-long Ekam Fest began in New Delhi to promote craftsmanship and products of Divyang artisans and entrepreneurs.
- Around 80 Divyang entrepreneurs, artisans and organizations from 18 States and Union Territories are displaying products and various crafts. EKAM Fest is an effort for promoting entrepreneurship and knowledge among Divyangjans and provides a platform for marketing. Road, Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari, Women and Child Development Minister Smriti Irani and Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Thawarchand Gehlot inaugurated the fair.
- Thaawarchand Gehlot stated, EKAM Fest is an effort for promoting entrepreneurship and knowledge among the Divyangjan community and providing a major marketing opportunity to persons with disabilities entrepreneurs
About New Delhi:
- Chief minister: Arvind Kejriwal
- lieutenant governor : Anil Baijal
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Dayapatra Nevatia named Mindtree COO
- IT services firm Mindtree has appointed Dayapatra Nevatia as its Chief Operating Officer. In this new role, Nevatia will support the company into its next phase of growth, a statement from the company stated.
- Nevatia holds decades of industry experience and joins Mindtree from Accenture, where he was the MD and Director of Delivery for Advanced Technology Centers in India.
- He led the delivery for the entire portfolio spanning across system integration, digital, application outsourcing, infrastructure, and security services across industry groups, stated the release. He holds a bachelor’s degree in electronics engineering and a master’s degree in management studies
- CEO: Debashis Chatterjee
- Founded: 18 August 1999
- Headquarters: Warren, Michigan, United States
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPS AND PORTALS
Government Launches Humsafar Mobile App For Doorstep Diesel Delivery
- Housing societies, hotels, and hospitals in the national capital region will soon be able to get diesel delivered at their doorsteps, with the launch of mobile application ‘Humsafar‘ by Labour Minister Santosh Gangwar.
- The app will be used for the fuel delivery services to housing societies, hotels, hospitals, malls, construction sites, industries, banquets and other bulk buyers of diesel in various national capital region cities, including Gurugram, Ghaziabad, Noida, Faridabad, Hapur, Kundli, Manesar, and Bahadurgarh.
- The major benefits of diesel delivery service are good quality and quantity of fuel delivered, live tracking of the delivery vehicle, automated billing, delivery within 8 hours and no spillage and wastage of fuel. Humsafar has 12 bowser tankers in varying capacity from 4 kilo litres to 6 kilo litres and an experienced team of 35 people, excluding bowser crews
About Ministry of Labour and Employment
- Minister- Santosh Kumar Gangwar
- Constituency- Bareilly, UP
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Sarbananda Sonowal receives Dr Syama Prasad Mukherjee Award 2020 for Politics
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal was presented the prestigious Dr Syama Prasad Mukherjee award 2020 for Politics at the 6th India Ideas Conclave.
- The award was presented at Tent City Narmada in Gujarat.
- The award, instituted by India Foundation, was presented to Chief Minister Sonowal by External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and Speaker of People’s Majlis of Maldives Mohamed Nasheed.
- The award carries a citation, a specially designed trophy and a cheque worth Rs one lakh
|Sarbananda Sonowal||Dr S P Mukherjee Award||Politics|
|K Parasaran||Sree Narayana Guru Award||Social Work|
|Bharatbala||Ustad Bismillah Khan Award||Culture|
|N K Singh||Dr B R Shenoy Award||Economics|
70th Berlin International Film Festival
- The 70th edition of Berlin International Film Festival( Berlinale) 2020 was held in Berlin, Germany.
- The Opening film of the festival was ‘My Salinger Year’ and the Closing film was ‘There Is No Evil’.
- Jury President is Jeremy Irons
|Golden Bear for Best Film||There Is No Evil by Mohammad Rasoulof|
|Silver Bear Grand Jury Prize||Never Rarely Sometimes Always by Eliza Hittman|
|Silver Bear for Best Director||Hong Sang Soo for The Woman Who Ran|
|Silver Bear for Best Actress||Paula Beer for Undine|
|Silver Bear for Best Actor||Elio Germano for “Hidden Away”|
|Silver Bear for Best Screenplay||Favolacce by Fabio D’Innocenzo and Damiano D’Innocenzo|
|Silver Bear for Outstanding Artistic Contribution||Jürgen Jürges for cinematography on DAU. Natasha|
|Silver Bear Special Prize||Delete History by Benoît Delépine and Gustave Kervern|
|Best Film in the Encounters Competition||The Works and Days (of Tayoko Shiojiri in the Shiotani Basin) by C.W. Winter and Anders Edström|
|Special Jury Award in the Encounters Competition||The Trouble With Being Born by Sandra Wollner|
|Best Director in the Encounters Competition||Cristi Puiu for Malmkrog|
|Special Mention by the Encounters Jury||Isabella, Matías Piñeiro|
|Berlinale Documentary Award||Irradiés by Rithy Panh|
|Special Mention by the Jury for the Berlinale Documentary Award||Notes From the Underworld by Tizza Covi and Rainer Frimmel|
|Special Mention by the GWFF Best First Feature Award Jury||Nackte Tiere, Melanie Waelde|
|GWFF Best First Feature Award||Los conductos by Camilo Restrepo|
|Golden Bear for Best Short Film||“T” by Keisha Rae Witherspoon|
|Audi Short Film Award||Genius Loci by Adrien Mérigeau|
|Silver Bear Jury Prize (Short Film)||Filipiñana by Rafael Manuel|
|Special Mention of the International Jury Generation Kplus||The Kites by Seyed Payam Hosseini|
|Special Prize of the International Jury in Generation Kplus for the Best Short Film||El nombre del hijo by Martina Matzkin|
|Grand Prix of the International Jury in Generation Kplus for the Best Film||Los Lobos by Samuel Kishi Leopo|
|Special Mentions of the International Jury Generation Kplus||Mignonnes by Maïmouna Doucouré; Mamá, mamá, mama by Sol Berruezo Pichon-Rivière|
|Panorama Audience Award for Best Documentary||Welcome to Chechnya|
|Panorama Audience Award for Best Feature Film||Otac by Srdan Golubović|
|Compass-Perspektive-Award||Walchensee Forever by Janna Ji Wonders|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
India to have its first sky eye in geostationary orbit GISAT-1
- India will launch its first state of the art earth observation satellite Geo Imaging Satellite (GISAT-1) to be placed in geostationary orbit on March 5, stated the Indian Space Agency.
- The satellite will provide real-time image of large area of region of interest at frequent intervals. The GISAT-1 will also enable quick monitoring of natural disasters, episodic events and any short term events.
- According to the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), the GISAT-1 will also provide spectral signatures for agriculture, forestry, mineralogy, disaster warning, cloud properties, snow, glaciers and oceanography.
- The satellite will have payload imaging sensors of six band multi-spectral visible and near infra-red with 42 metres resolution; 158 bands hyper-spectral visible and near infra-red with 318 metres resolution and 256 bands hyper-spectral short wave infra-red with 191 metres resolution.Weighing 2,268 kg, the GISAT-1 will be carried by the three-stage geosynchronous satellite launch vehicle (GSLV-F10).
- The rocket is expected to lift off at 5.43 p.m. on March 5 from the second launch pad at India’s rocket port at Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
- About 18 minutes into the flight the GSLV rocket will first place GISAT-1 in a Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit (GTO). From GTO, the satellite will be taken up further firing its onboard motors to geostationary orbit.
- A satellite in geostationary orbit (about 36,000 km above earth) has an orbital period equal to earth’s rotational period.A four-metre diameter Ogive shaped payload fairing (heat shield) is being flown for the first time in this GSLV flight. This is the fourteenth flight of the GSLV
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Parent organisation: Department of Space
- Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
FIH rankings: Indian men’s hockey team climbs to fourth position
- The Indian men’s hockey team has climbed to the fourth position, their highest since the inception of the FIH world rankings in 2003, in the recently released chart.
- India’s excellent form in the first three rounds of the second edition of FIH Hockey Pro-League has seen them move from fifth to the fourth position. India’s rise comes at the expense of Olympic champions Argentina, who dropped to fifth place.
- World champions Belgium remains in pole position, with Australia 2nd and the Netherlands 3rd also holding their positions in the top three. Germany and England remain in sixth and seventh positions, while New Zealand is static at the eighth place after briefly dropping below Spain to ninth last month.
- In the women’s list, India occupies the ninth spot. The Netherlands is at the top followed by Australia, Argentina, Germany and England.
- The new model for calculating the FIH world rankings was introduced on the 1st of January, 2020
About International Hockey Federation
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
- President: Narinder Batra
- CEO: Thierry Weil
- Motto: FairPlay Friendship Forever
Tasnim Mir, Mansi Singh win bronze at Yonex Dutch Junior International
- Young Indian shuttlers Tasnim Mir and Mansi Singh won a bronze medal each in the girls’ singles Badminton event at the Yonex Dutch Junior International 2020 in Haarlem, Netherlands. It was the first time India won two bronze medals in girls’ singles at this BWF Junior International Grand Prix tournament.
- Mir was defeated by third seed So Yul Lee of Korea 19-21, 10-22 in the semifinal to settle for Bronze . Mansi lost to Indonesia’s Saifi Rizka Nurhidayah 11-21, 16-21 in the semifinal.
- Meanwhile, India’s rising stars Aakarshi Kashyap and Anupama Upadhyaya won gold and silver medals respectively in the girls singles at Kenya International held in Thika, Kenya. The sixth-seeded Kashyap defeated Haryana girl Anupama 21-15, 21-6 who had reached the final after toppling second, third and fifth seeds
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Bulandshahr BJP MLA Virendra Sirohi passes away
- Uttar Pradesh MLA from Bulandshahr Virendra Singh Sirohi passed away after a prolonged illness.
- He was first elected as MLA for the 13th UP Assembly in 1996, then in 2007 and last in 2017. He also served as revenue minister from 1997 till 2002 in the Mayawati-led state government
DAILY CA 1ST AND 2ND MAR
- World Rare Disease Day- 29th Feb
- Zero Discrimination Day- 1st March
- President Kovind gives nod for resuming delimitation exercise in Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, and Nagaland
- Shri Amit Shah inaugurates the campus of NSG Regional Hub at Kolkata
- Tourism Minister, Shri Prahlad Singh Patel to launch multilingual Incredible India website in New Delhi
- GST collection crosses Rs one lakh crore mark in February
- Govt to infuse ₹200 crore in IFCI next fiscal
- Bank credit growth dips to 5 per cent in January: RBI data
- Kerala High Court bans all forms of agitations in schools, colleges
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla launches ‘Suposhit Maa Abhiyaan’ in Kota
- Bihar government raises India’s first tribal women battalion
- Indian Railways turns old coaches to restaurant on wheels
- India keen to partner with Japan in Mission Purvodaya
- Memorandum of Understanding Between Indian Air Force and Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Tripura Govt and AAI sign MoU for construction of 6 equipment hiring centers
- ICAR inks pact with Patanjali for farm research, training
- Sebi chief Ajay Tyagi gets 6 months extension
- Muhyiddin Yassin sworn in as Malaysia’s new Prime Minister
- Nokia appoints Pekka Lundmark as CEO from September 1
- ‘Swami Vivekananda Karmayogi Award’ Conferred upon Jadav Payeng
- Captain Amarinder Singh honoured with ‘ideal’ CM award
- 19th World Productivity Congress to be held in Bangalore
- Bengaluru continues to record highest number of digital transactions
- Indian chess Grand Master Humpy ranked World No.2
- Scientists discover biggest explosion in universe since Big Bang
- New explosive detection device, developed by DRDO & IISc Bangalore, unveiled in Pune
- Navy to buy 24 MH-60R multi-role helicopters from US
- First Khelo India University Games concludes in Bhubaneswar; Panjab University, Chandigarh tops medals tally
- Rafael Nadal wins Mexican Open title after beating Taylor Fritz
- Novak Djokovic beats Stefanos Tsitsipas to lift fifth Dubai Championships title
- Former India hockey star and Olympic bronze medallist Balbir Singh Kullar passes away
- Dronacharya awardee and former India athletics coach Joginder Singh Saini
DAILY CA 3rd MAR
- World Civil Defence Day- 1st march
- World Wildlife Day- 3rd march
- World Hearing Day- 3rd march
- Government allows airlines to provide in-flight Wi-Fi services
- Government cites concerns over divesting stake below 51 per cent in NTPC, PowerGrid
- China assumes presidency of UN Security Council for March 2020
- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu claims victory in general elections
- Saudi Arabia starts issuance of permanent premium residency permit to foreigners
- OECD slashes India’s FY21 growth forecast to 1% on coronavirus woes
- RBL, Zomato launch co-branded credit card offering cash back and loyalty membership benefits
- Fitch cuts India growth forecast to 9 per cent for fiscal year 2020-21
- Unemployment rate rises to 78 per cent in February, highest in four months
- Punjab prohibits online supply of food from FBOs not possessing hygiene rating
- Historic City Chowk in Jammu renamed as ‘Bharat Mata Chowk’
- Yog mahotsav begins in Rishikesh
- MP govt unveils ”Chilli Chaha” mascot to rebrand the hot spice
- Week-long Ekam Fest begins in New Delhi
- Dayapatra Nevatia named Mindtree COO
- Government Launches Humsafar Mobile App For Doorstep Diesel Delivery
- Sarbananda Sonowal receives Dr Syama Prasad Mukherjee Award 2020 for Politics
- 70th Berlin International Film Festival
- India to have its first sky eye in geostationary orbit GISAT-1
- FIH rankings: Indian men’s hockey team climbs to fourth position
- Tasnim Mir, Mansi Singh win bronze at Yonex Dutch Junior International
- Bulandshahr BJP MLA Virendra Sirohi passes away