Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
38 Cr bank accounts opened under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana till last month: MoS Anurag Thakur
- Around 38 crore bank accounts have been opened under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana till last month. Minister of State for Finance, Anurag Thakur stated, out of 38 crore accounts, around 31 crore accounts are operative and the number of these accounts has increased every year since the launch of the scheme.
- No penalty was imposed on Jan Dhan accounts for non-maintenance of minimum balance. He added that as per the guidelines of the RBI, there is no requirement for maintaining minimum balance in such accounts.
- Average consumer price index-combined inflation was recorded at 9 per cent in the year 2014-15 whereas it was around 3.4 per cent in 2018-19. Inflation rate during the period of April to December 2020 was recorded at 4.1 per cent. That hike observed in the current fiscal is due to the surge in onion prices.
DST launches SATHI Initiative for building shared, professionally managed strong S&T infrastructure
- To address the need for building shared, professionally managed and strong Science and Technology infrastructure in the country which is readily accessible to academia, start-ups, manufacturing, industry and R&D labs, the Department of Science & Technology has launched a unique scheme called “Sophisticated Analytical & Technical Help Institutes (SATHI)”.
- These Centres are expected to house major analytical instruments to provide common services of high-end analytical testing, thus avoiding duplication and reduced dependency on foreign sources.
- These would be operated with a transparent, open access policy.DST has already set up three such centres in the country, one each at IIT Kharagpur, IIT Delhi and BHU at a total cost of Rs 375 Cores.
- It is planned to set up five SATHI Centres every year for the next four years. SATHI will address the problems of accessibility, maintenance, redundancy and duplication of expensive equipment in our Institutions, while reaching out to the less endowed organizations in need, e.g., industry, MSMEs, startups and State Universities.
- This will also foster a strong culture of collaboration between institutions and across disciplines to take advantage of developments, innovations and expertise in diverse areas.
- Besides SATHI initiative, support to 100 top-performing departments in universities and IITs etc will be provided this year with an investment of Rs. 500 crores for augmentation of their research facilities to global benchmarks.
- The research profile of the supported Departments will align with the national priorities of excellence in manufacturing, waste processing, clean energy and water, and Start-up India, etc. This will empower our Scientific Community to gain global leadership in select frontier areas of Science.
About DST (Department of Science and Technology):
- Founded– May 1971
- Headquarters– New Delhi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
UK to ban new petrol car sales from 2035
- Britain will bring forward a ban on sales of new petrol and diesel vehicles to 2035, including hybrids. Prime Minister Boris Johnson will make the announcement at an event launching the 2019 United Nations Climate Change conference, COP26, to be held in Glasgow in November.
- The changes bring forward the ban by five years — and now include hybrid vehicles.
- Britain has pledged to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to net zero by 2050, with a mixture of cuts and off-setting pollution measures such as planting trees.
- At the COP26 launch event in London, Johnson will be joined by Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte and naturalist David Attenborough.Johnson will urge other countries to join Britain in striving towards the 2050 net zero emissions goal through investment in cleaner technology and efforts to protect natural habitats.
About London :
- Capital: London
- Prime minister: Boris Johnson
- Currency: Pound sterling (GBP)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
PSUs owe telecom ministry ₹2.65 lakh crore: MoS Sanjay Dhotre
- Public sector companies owe the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) around ₹65 lakh crore, with GAIL India alone owing around 65 per cent of the total amount, Minister of State for Telecom and IT Sanjay Dhotre told Parliament
- The department has raised a demand notice to recover the due from 10 public sector undertakings (PSUs),
- According to details shared by the minister, five public sector units owe DoT over 99 per cent of the total demand raised.
- This includes a demand of ₹1,72,655.73 crore from GAIL India, ₹48,489.26 crore from Oil India, ₹22,062.65 crore from Powergrid Corporation of India, ₹15,019.97 crore from Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers and Chemicals and ₹5,481.52 crore from Delhi Metro Rail Corporation of India.
- The DoT has also raised a demand of ₹02 crore from NICSI, ₹307.26 crore from RailTel Corporation of India, ₹90.22 crore from Software Technology Parks Of India, ₹47.09 crore from Ernet India Ltd and ₹65.44 crore from Tamil Nadu Arasu Cable TV.
- The government has directed the licence holders to make the payments in accordance with the Supreme Court’s order dated October 24, 2019, and submit requisite documents within the stipulated time frame.
- Leading telcos Bharti Airtel and Vodafone had last month told the DoT that they would not pay their total AGR dues of ₹88,624 crore by January 23, the deadline, and will comply with the outcome of modification petition filed before the Supreme Court.
- Reliance Jio, the largest telco in terms of subscriber base, however, paid ₹195 crore to the DoT to clear all adjusted gross revenue dues accounted till January 31, 2020.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Amazon partners Eastern Railway to have pick-up kiosks at Sealdah
- Amazon India has partnered with the Eastern Railway to set up a pick-up kiosk (for packages) at Sealdah Railway Station in Kolkata.
- Sealdah is one of the busiest railway stations in the country, with a daily footfall of nearly 2 million.In 2019, as a pilot, Amazon India partnered with the Indian Railways to launch pick-up kiosks in four railway stations across Mumbai.
- The pick-up kiosks enable the company to provide a secure and convenient delivery option for Amazon customers in the region who want to pick up their packages either at the time of commuting or even while going on or coming in from vacation.
- Customers can select this point as a pickup location on the checkout page of their order while shopping on in.
About Amazon :
- CEO: Jeff Bezos
- Headquarters: Seattle, Washington, United States
HCL to set up global delivery center in Colombo
- IT major HCL Technologies stated it has entered into a pact with Sri Lanka’s Board of Investment for setting up a global delivery Centre in Colombo.
- HCL Technologies (HCL) aims at boosting employment, providing resources and skilling the local talent to serve its global clients .
- Collaborating with the BOI of Sri Lanka, HCL’s local entity — HCL Technologies Lanka (Private) Ltd will implement its ‘Work Integrated Education Program’ to foster growth by actively cooperating with local information and communications technology (ICT) and engineering institutions to develop and train the island’s talent pool.
- Through this delivery center in Colombo, global clients will be provided with services in the areas comprising of Applications & System Integration Services, Infrastructure Services and Digital Process Operations.
- CEO: C Vijayakumar
- Headquarters: Noida
- Founders: Shiv Nadar, Arjun Malhotra
Tech Mahindra launches Blockchain accelerator
- Tech Mahindra (TechM) and the Telangana government have launched T-Block Accelerator, the maiden accelerator programme for the newly-created Telangana ‘Blockchain District’.
- About 25 start-ups would be inducted for the accelerator programme. Of these, five will be selected for the next phase of mentorship. IBC Media, an innovation management company, will run the programme.
- TechM signed an agreement with the State government in 2018 to develop the blockchain district ecosystem. This initiative is targetted at the start-ups that have a strong blockchain use-cases.
- Blockchain would generate an annual business value of over $3 trillion by
About Telanagana :
- Capital: Hyderabad
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
- Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Mughal Gardens to open for public
- The iconic Mughal Garden at the heart of the President’s Estate will be opened to the public.
- The garden will remain open for the general public from February 5 to March 8 (except on Mondays which are maintenance days) between 10 am to 4 pm.
- However, the garden will open exclusively for farmers, differently-abled persons, defence, paramilitary forces, and Delhi police personnel on March 11 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Herbal Garden (Tactile Garden) will be open exclusively for visually impaired people on March 11 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The main attraction of this year’s “Udyanotsav”, beside Tulips and Exotic flowers, are bulbous flowerings.
Maharashtra records highest number of missing women: NCRB
- NCRB stated that the highest number of women and children who go missing in the country are from Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh
- Maximum number of cases of missing women and children was Maharashtra and MP respectively.
- In 2019, the Supreme Court had directed National Crime Records Bureau to identify and check those areas which are prone to persons being trafficked. The report covers 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Headquarters : New Delhi
- Founded: 1986
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ACQUISITION AND MERGERS
Maker Village to tie up with AICTE on entrepreneurship
- Maker Village is planning to associate with the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) by launching pioneering schemes that promote entrepreneurship and innovation.
- As the country’s largest electronic hardware incubator and Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) facility, Maker Village aims to sign a pact on the project with Delhi-headquartered AICTE that functions as a statutory body under the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- Ahead of it, AICTE Vice-Chairman MP Poonia visited the Maker Village at Kalamassery, and held talks with top officials of the facility that has around 75 start-ups developing state-of-the-art hardware electronic products in diverse areas.Such a collaboration with AICTE will enable Maker Village to pilot projects based on innovative ideas, thus improving the incubator’s performance level, stated Prasad Balakrishnan Nair, CEO of the facility.
About Maker Village:
- Founded in 2016, Maker Village is a joint initiative of the Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and the Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management-Kerala established by the state government.
- Founded: November 1945
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Agency executive: Anil Sahasrabudhe (Chairperson)
- Parent agency: Department of Higher Education
Cognizant acquires Code Zero, a consultancy for Cloud-based CPQ & billing solutions
- Acquisition deepens Cognizant’s expertise in Sales force Platform Advisory, implementation and managed services Cognizant, announced it has acquired Code Zero Consulting, a privately-held provider of consulting and implementation services for cloud-based Configure-Price-Quote (CPQ) and billing solutions.
- The acquisition further strengthens Cognizant’s cloud solutions portfolio and Salesforce CPQ and billing capabilities.
- Founded in 2016, Atlanta, Georgia-based Code Zero specialises in helping companies digitally transform by providing strategy, implementation and migration capabilities to evolve legacy systems to cloud-based CPQ and billing systems.
- Together with contract life cycle management, these systems make up Quote-to-Cash (QTC) solutions and enable clients to rapidly configure, price and quote complex deals, automate the customer life cycle and accelerate revenue.
- Code Zero is a Salesforce Platinum Partner and includes leading global enterprises among its clients across industries, particularly manufacturing and financial services.
- CEO: Brian Humphries
- Founded: 26 January 1994
- Headquarters: Teaneck, New Jersey, United States
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Madan Lal,RP Singh and Sulakshana Naik named in BCCI’s three-member Cricket Advisory Committee
- Former India cricketers Madan Lal, Rudra Pratap Singh and Sulakshana Naik were named in Board of Control for Cricket in India’s (BCCI) three-member Cricket Advisory Committee.
- The term of appointment will be for one year.
- Lal represented India in 39 Tests and 67 ODIs and was a member of the victorious Indian team that lifted the World Cup in 1983. He later served as the coach of the national side and was also a member of the senior selection committee.
- RP Singh played for India in 14 Tests, 58 ODIs and 10 T20Is and was a part of the Indian squad that won the World T20 in South Africa in 2007.
- Naik played 2 Tests, 46 ODIs and 31 T20Is for India in a career spanning 11 years.
- Secretary: Jay Shah
- CEO: Rahul Johri
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Vice president(s): Mahim Verma
- Presidents: C.K. Khanna, Sourav Ganguly
Sourav Ganguly to accept India’s goodwill ambassador offer for Tokyo Olympics
- BCCI president Sourav Ganguly has accepted Indian Association’s (IOA) offer to become the goodwill ambassador of the Indian contingent at the Tokyo Olympics this year.
- The IOA had earlier approached the former India captain for the role, which will require him to raise awareness about India’s Tokyo-bound team.
- The IOA extends the honour to Ganguly to be the Goodwill Ambassador of Team India to the Tokyo Olympic Games 2020.
Kosovo forms new government, Kurti elected for Prime Minister
- The Kosovo Assembly has voted in the new coalition government of the Self-Determination Movement and the Democratic Alliance of Kosovo.
- The new Prime Minister of Kosovo is Albin Kurti, the leader of the Self-determination movement, a party that participated in the October elections as an opposition candidate.
- Kurti’s government was supported by 66 out of 120 votes, while 10 MPs abstained from voting. The new government is going to reduce the number of ministries from 21 to 15, while the number of deputy-ministers is dropping from 80 to 33.
About Republic of Kosovo
- Capital- Prishtina
- Currency- Euro
- President- Hashim Thaci
Pramod Kumar Singh appointed wholetime member of pension fund regulator
- Pramod Kumar Singh has been appointed as wholetime member (law), Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA), the pension regulator of the country, according to a Personnel Ministry order.He is at present Competition Commission of India (CCI) secretary.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved Singh’s appointment to the new post, the order said without mentioning the tenure and other details. He worked as advisor (law) with the competition watchdog before becoming its secretary.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
RBI governor Shaktikanta Das is Asia Pacific central banker of the year
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Shaktikanta Das has been named the Central Banker of the Year, Asia-Pacific 2020, by the Banker magazine, a unit of Financial Times (FT).
- The award is given to central bankers who have best managed to stimulate growth and stabilise their economy.
- JorgovankaTabakovi, National Bank of Serbia, was adjudged the winner as the Global Central Banker of the Year.
Babenco: Tell Me When I Die by Barbara Paz bags Golden Conch Award for Best Documentary Film at MIFF 2020
- The awards for the best films of the 16th edition of Mumbai International Film Festival have been presented at the closing ceremony, held in Nehru Centre Auditorium, Worli, Mumbai.
- The prestigious Golden Conch Award for Best Documentary Film at MIFF 2020 has been awarded to Babenco: Tell Me When I Die, directed by Barbara Paz.
- Receiving the award on behalf of the director, by Consul General of Brazil Guilherme Patriota.
- The Silver Conch Award for the Best Short Fiction Film has been conferred on the Marathi film Paavsacha Nibandh (An Essay of Rain). Directed by Nagaraj Manjule.
- The Silver Conch Award for the Best Animation Film has been shared by two films – the German film Portrait of Suzanne, directed by Izabela Plucinska and the Indian film Panangaatu Nari (The Fox of the Palmgrove) by Divakar S. K.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
India to host EAS conference in Chennai
- India is set to host an East Asia Summit conference in Chennai with a focus on maritime security cooperation and tackling challenges in the maritime domain.
- As announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the 14th East Asia Summit (EAS) in Bangkok in November 2019, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), in partnership with the governments of Australia and Indonesia, will organise the fourth EAS Conference on Maritime Security Cooperation in Chennai.
- The Conference is expected to serve as a platform for free and open dialogue among all the EAS partners on various issues of maritime security cooperation, and to come up with useful suggestions on tackling challenges in the maritime domain in a cooperative manner.
- This conference is the fourth in a series of EAS Maritime Security Conferences organised by the Indian government — the first conference was organised in New Delhi in November 2015, the second in Goa in November 2016 and the third in Bhubaneswar in June 2018.
- Senior officials and experts from the EAS participating countries will deliberate upon various aspects of maritime security cooperation under five thematic sessions such as Holistic Maritime Security, Maritime Safety, Transition to a Regional Blue Economy, India”s Indo-Pacific Oceans” Initiative and the Way Forward.
Country’s biggest horticultural fair begins
- The four-day mega event ‘National Horticultural Fair 2020’ at ICAR-Indian Institute of Horticultural Research kick-started in Bengaluru. The institute is expecting 50,000 farmers from various States of the country.
- It is being held at Hessarghatta, and it will have over 200 exhibition stalls
- As ‘Making farming an enterprise’ is the theme of this year’s fair, special focus has been given to showcasing technologies, crop varieties and management practices that can turn farming into a sustainable as well as a profitable venture.
IIMB to host meet on future of aviation and aerospace
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB), in partnership with Toulouse Business School (TBS), France, will host an international conference on ‘Future of Aviation & Aerospace’ on February 22.
- IIMB offers a General Management Programme on Aviation and Aerospace, as part of its executive education programmes, in partnership with TBS.
- The conference aims to bring together industry leaders, policy-makers and scholars, to discuss disruption and challenges, and the way forward.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Natural disasters cost world $232 billion in 2019: Report
- Death toll in India was the highest at 1,750
- The world lost as much as $232 billion due to natural disasters in 2019, with India leading in casualties with 1,750 deaths, stated a recent report by AON, global professional firm which provides risk solutions to insurance firms, among other things.
- According to its report, Weather, Climate Catastrophe Insight for 2019, there were a total of 409 natural disaster events in 2019 and the monsoon floods in India was the deadliest among them, followed by cyclone Idai, which killed 1,303 300 people in southern Africa and turned two million people homeless.
- There were a total of 41 disasters in 2019 that cost more than $1 billion in economic losses.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
L&T MBDA Missile System sets up integration facility in Tamil Nadu
- L&T MBDA Missile Systems (LTMMSL) has set up a missile (inert) integration facility at
- LTMMSL is a joint venture between engineering and construction major L&T and the European defence company MBDA. L&T owns 51% stake in LTMMSL while MBDA has 49%.
- The inert facility spreads across an area of 16,000 sq. meters in a Special Economic Zone and will carter to domestic and global markets. The company has set up the assembly line for inert integration (without explosives), testing the Missile Subsystems and weapon launch systems.
- Part of the Tamil Nadu Defence Industrial Corridor, the investment in the facility is yet to be disclosed.
- LTMMSL has received a few orders and delivery of sophisticated weapon systems using state of the art test equipment is set to begin from this year itself.
- They will be showcasing some of these next-gen offerings at the DEFEXP020 to be held at Lucknow.
HAL to make advanced armed UAVs with Israeli Co
- In a first, advanced Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicles (UCAVs) will be manufactured in India, with leading aeronautical entity Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) set to formalise a partnership with an Israeli firm that specializes in autonomous weaponry.
- The advanced Heron TP, which belongs to the Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) class with an endurance of over 36 hours, will be manufactured to cater both to Indian requirements for a combat UAV and possibly exports to third nations in the future as well.
- HAL is set to sign a partnership pact with Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) at the upcoming DefExpo 2020 in Lucknow, with estimates that in the Indian market alone, there is a requirement of at least 100 drones of this type. The Heron TP is an advanced version of the Heron UAVs that are currently in service with the three forces in a reconnaissance role.
- The under development UAV—work on sensors, payloads and other data links has been outsourced to institutions like the Indian Institute of Technology—is being designed specially to carry a 40 kg payload to high altitude areas.
- This would drastically cut down supply time for vital loads like medicine and food that are currently transported by mules and are prone to high risk, given severe weather and the dangers of avalanches that have claimed numerous lives.
About Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
- Headquarters– Bangalore, Karnataka,
- Chairman and managing director– R Madhavan
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Weightlifting: Mirabai Chanu betters her own national record; wins gold with 203 kg lift
- In Weightlifting, former world champion Mirabai Chanu bettered her own national record by two kilogram as she lifted a total of 203kg to win the 49kg gold in the National Championships in
- The 25-year-old Manipuri lifted 88kg in snatch in her second attempt and 115 kg in clean and jerk for a total of 203kg.
- The effort has put her in fourth place in world rankings behind Chinese Jiang Huihua 212kg and Hou Zhihui 211kg and Korean Ri Song Gum 209kg. Mirabai’s previous best of 201kg had come at the World Championship in Thailand in September last year, where she had finished fourth.
Wasim Jaffer becomes first player to score 12,000 runs in Ranji Trophy
- Vidharba batsman Wasim Jaffer became the first batsman to register 12,000 runs in Ranji Trophy.
- He achieved the feat while batting against Kerela in the ongoing Ranji Trophy Elite Group A and B match here at the Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium.
- Vidharba lost its first wicket with just four runs on the board and Jaffer then came out to bat in the middle.
- Jaffer has played Ranji Trophy for Mumbai and Vidharba.
- Before the beginning of the 2019-20 season, Jaffer had 11,775 runs in the Ranji Trophy.
- Earlier in this season, Jaffer created history by playing his 150th Ranji Trophy match. He now has the most number of appearances in the tournament.
- The cricketer, who had made his first-class debut in 1996-97, emerged as one of the legends of the Indian domestic cricket. His brilliant run in the domestic tournament also got him a spot in the Indian national squad.
- Jaffer has played 31 Tests, 2 ODIs for India. He last played a match for India in 2008 against South Africa.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Kenya’s longest serving President Daniel Arap Moi passes away
- Former Kenyan President Daniel Arap Moi, who ruled the country for 24 years, has passed away. Moi was 95.
- He became Kenya’s second president after independence and went on to rule from 1978 to 2002.
- He became the Minister of Home Affairs and President Jomo Kenyatta later named him Vice President in 1967.
Former Nizamabad MP Narayana Reddy passes away
- Former Nizamabad MP and one of the protagonists of the Telangana statehood movement M Narayana Reddy passed away.He was 89.
- Reddy was elected as a member of the Lok Sabha from Nizamabad as an independent candidate in 1967 & the first member who raised the issue of separate Telangana in Lok Sabha.
DAILY CA 4th FEB
- World Cancer Day- 4th feb
- Union govt sets target of 30km of highways a day in current fiscal
- 723 Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendras established till Jan 2020: Govt
- Teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Pakistan declares national emergency to battle locusts
- Insurance on bank deposits hiked to Rs 5 lakh
- Banks, select financial institutions report frauds involving ₹13 lakh crore in H1 of FY20: Sitharaman
- India bans exports of all kinds of personal protection equipment
- Fitch predicts India’s FY21 GDP growth at 6 per cent
- Punjab government bans sale of online lottery schemes to check illegal sales
- India’s biggest rural technical festival Antahpragnya 2020
- Karnataka to get another airport with flights between Bidar and Bengaluru
- Telangana govt opens new virology lab at Gandhi Hospital in Hyderabad
- Deepa Malik elected Paralympic Committee of India president
- Canara Bank gets new MD and CEO- LV Prabhakar
- 7th MSME Excellence Award For Most Promising Brand 2019: Amulya Mica
- Madhya Pradesh bags first position for implementation of PMMVY
- 60-year-old pharmacy worker becomes 1st deaf person to row across Atlantic Ocean
- NASA decommissions Spitzer Space Telescope after 16 years of service
- Researchers at IIT Madras develops AI technology to convert brain signals of speech-impaired humans into English language
- ICAR lab develops cheaper vaccine for swine flu
- Navy conducts coastal security exercise ‘Matla Abhiyaan’
- Ninth edition of India-Bangladesh joint military exercise begins in Meghalaya
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Third Defence Attachés Conference in New Delhi
- Vinesh, Sindhu, Mary Kom among nominees for inaugural BBC Sportswoman of the year award
- Indian boxers bag six gold at Golden Girl Championship in Sweden
- Sachin Tendulkar’s World Cup triumph shortlisted for Laureus Sporting Moment award
DAILY CA 5th FEB
- 38 Cr bank accounts opened under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana till last month: MoS Anurag Thakur
- DST launches SATHI Initiative for building shared, professionally managed strong S&T infrastructure
- UK to ban new petrol car sales from 2035
- PSUs owe telecom ministry ₹65 lakh crore: MoS Sanjay Dhotre
- Amazon partners Eastern Railway to have pick-up kiosks at Sealdah
- HCL to set up global delivery center in Colombo
- Tech Mahindra launches Blockchain accelerator
- Mughal Gardens to open for public
- Maharashtra records highest number of missing women: NCRB
- Maker Village to tie up with AICTE on entrepreneurship
- Cognizant acquires Code Zero, a consultancy for Cloud-based CPQ & billing solutions
- Madan Lal,RP Singh and Sulakshana Naik named in BCCI’s three-member Cricket Advisory Committee
- Sourav Ganguly to accept India’s goodwill ambassador offer for Tokyo Olympics
- Kosovo forms new government, Kurti elected for Prime Minister
- Pramod Kumar Singh appointed wholetime member of pension fund regulator
- RBI governor Shaktikanta Das is Asia Pacific central banker of the year
- Babenco: Tell Me When I Die by Barbara Paz bags Golden Conch Award for Best Documentary Film at MIFF 2020
- India to host EAS conference in Chennai
- Country’s biggest horticultural fair begins in bengaluru
- IIMB to host meet on future of aviation and aerospace
- Natural disasters cost world $232 billion in 2019: Report
- L&T MBDA Missile System sets up integration facility in Tamil Nadu
- HAL to make advanced armed UAVs with Israeli Co
- Weightlifting: Mirabai Chanu betters her own national record; wins gold with 203 kg lift
- Wasim Jaffer becomes first player to score 12,000 runs in Ranji Trophy
- Former Nizamabad MP Narayana Reddy passes away
- Kenya’s longest serving President Daniel Arap Moi passes away