Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
National Dentist’s Day
- National Dentist’s Day is observed annually everyMarch 6.
- The day is also a day to remind everyone about the importance of regular dental checkups, and to encourage proper dental care.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Govt announces one-time amnesty scheme for non-compliant LLPs
- The Ministry of corporate affairs (MCA) has launched a one-time amnesty scheme for Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) companies that have failed to file the requisite statutory documents such as annual statements, change in directors, etc.
- The move is aimed at promoting ease of doing business as well as to cleanse the system.
- It provides these companies a one-time relaxation in payment of additional fees and immunity from prosecution.
- The scheme, LLP Settlement Scheme, 2020, allows for a one-time condonation of delay in filing statutorily required documents with the Registrar of Companies (RoC).
- Presently, on non-filing of these forms, LLPs can file such documents on payment of additional fee for Rs 100 for every day of such delay.
- Many firms have a capital of Rs 1 lakh and have penalties amounting to Rs 2-3 lakh, which stops them from approaching for a solution due to the high penalty amount.
- India has around 1.25 lakh active LLPs, of which a majority are in business services, followed by trading, manufacturing and real estate & renting. This one-time scheme benefits around 25,000-30,000 LLPs that have a capital base of around Rs 1 lakh.
- The government has decided to cleanse the entire tax and regulatory structure within which businesses operate. Under this initiative they have successfully launched unique resolution schemes in direct taxes as well as indirect taxes, now a similar scheme has been launched by MCA for LLP’s. This one-time relaxation in payment of additional fees and immunity from prosecution would be a good impetus for all the defaulters to come forward and voluntarily accept the compliance framework.
About Ministry of corporate affairs (MCA)
- Ministry of corporate affairs – Nirmala Sitharaman
- Constituency- Andhra Pradesh, Rajya Sabha
Government nod to automated facial recognition system for identification of bodies, missing children, criminals
- The Home Ministry has given approval to the automated facial recognition system (AFRS) for identification of unrecognised bodies, missing children and criminals by the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB).
- AFRS will use police records and will be accessible only to law enforcement agencies.
- This will facilitate better identification of criminals, unidentified dead bodies and missing or found children and persons and will not violate privacy.
- Minister of Home Affairs – Amit Shah
- Constituency- Gandhinagar, Gujarath.
- Minister of State (MoS)- G Kishan Reddy, and Nityanand Rai
Health Ministry organizes a national level training workshop for all the states on COVID-19 management
- Health Ministry is organizing a national level training workshop today for all the states and hospitals from other Ministries on COVID-19 management.
- The workshop to be organized in New Delhi, will train the trainers for COVID-19. It will give training on hospital preparedness and non-pharmaceutical interventions, infection prevention, standard precautions, environmental cleaning, disinfection and biomedical waste management, risk communications and community engagement and other aspects to tackle the situation related to novel Coronavirus.
- Yesterday, Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan had said that such workshop will be taken up to the district level.
About Health Ministry
- Minister of Health and Family Welfare – Harsh Vardhan
- Constituency- Chandni Chowk, New Delhi.
- Minister of State (MoS)- Faggan Singh Kulaste
Setu Bharatam scheme: All level crossings on NH to be replaced by Over/under Bridges
- Government aimed to replace all the level crossings on National Highways by Road Over Bridges or Road Under Bridges under the Setu Bharatam scheme.
- The programme is being implemented by Road Transport and Highways Ministry to ensure safe and smooth flow of traffic and reduced road fatalities by 50 percent by 2020.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Setu Bharatam scheme on 4th March in 2016 for building rail over-bridges or underpasses for safe and seamless travel on National Highways.
About Setu Bharatam programme
- Setu Bharatam programme was launched to make all National Highways free of railway level crossings in order to prevent the frequent accidents and loss of lives at level crossings. 208 places were identified for construction of rail over-bridges or underpasses under the project at a cost of nearly 10,200 crore rupees.
- Around 1,500 bridges that are over 50 to 60 years old are being rebuilt.
- Ministry of Road Transport Highways and Ministry of Railways have signed an MoU to replace all level crossings by Road Over Bridges or Road Under Bridges.
- Unmanned railway crossings are one of the chief causes of rail accidents in India, with such accidents being more frequent in rural areas. With the elimination of all such crossings targeted for this year, such mishaps can be avoided.
About Ministry for Road Transport & Highways
- MORTH-Nitin Jairam Gadkari
- Constituency- Nagpur, Maharashtra.
Aurangabad Airport renamed as Chhatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj Airport
- The Maharashtra Government renamed the Aurangabad Airport as Chhatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj Airport.
- The airport has been renamed after Sambhaji Maharaj, the son of Maratha warrior Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
- The BJP, a former ally of Shiv Sena, had reportedly demanded that the Shiv Sena-led Maharashtra government rename the city of Aurangabad as ‘Sambhajinagar’.
- CM- Uddhav Thackeray
- Governor- Bhagat Singh Koshyari
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Gairsain function as the summer capital of Uttarakhand
- Uttarakhand will now have two capitals, with Gairsain as the summer capital. The decision came from CM Trivendra Singh Rawat in the state assembly.
- Gairsain, located in Chamoli district between the Kumaon and Garhwal regions, will function as the summer capital.
- The state’s current winter capital is
- Capital- Gairsain (summer), Dehradun (winter).
- CM- Trivendra Singh Rawat
- Governor- Baby Rani Maurya.
Baghel presents Rs 95,650-crore budget for Chhattisgarh
- Chhattisgarh Chief MinisterBhupesh Baghel presented a Rs 95,650-crore budget, without any new tax proposals, for fiscal 2020-21 in the Legislative Assembly.
- He announced a new scheme, ‘Rajiv Gandhi Kisaan Nyay Yojana’, to provide good returns to farmers for agricultural produce with a provision of Rs 5,100 crore.
- The budget is primarily focused on nutrition, betterment and extension of health services and productive use of the youth’s energy to develop them as a powerful resource,
- The budget also embodies the objective ‘Sarve Bhavantu Sukhinah, Sarve Santu Niramayah’ (Let everyone be happy and healthy)
- Under the ‘Krishak Jeevan Jyoti Yojana’, a provision of Rs 2,300 crore has been made for free power supply to agri-pumps upto five Horse Power capacity.
- As many as 1176 biogas plants would be set up under the Gobar Dhan Yojana for which a provision of Rs 450 crore has been made.
- ‘Gurukul Vidyalaya’ (residential school) will be set up in Giraudhpuri, the birthplace of spiritual leader Baba Guru Ghasidas.
- Laboratories for the Internet of Things and robotics will be set up at three engineering colleges and five polytechnics in the state.
- Tuition fees of students from Chhattisgarh who make it to IITs, IIMs and All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) will be borne by the state government, and on graduation they will be directly recruited in government and semi-government institutions.
- A provision of Rs 7.20 crore has been made for automated Air Traffic Control (ATC) towers at Jagdalpur, Ambikapur and Bilaspur airports, while Rs 1 crore is earmarked for construction of air strip at Baikunthpur, Korea district.
- ‘Shahid Smarak’ (martyrs’ memorial) will be built in Nawa Raipur Atal Nagar in the memory of Congress leaders and security personnel killed in the May 2013 Jhiram Valley naxal attack, Baghel announced.
- Overall, the budget for 2020-21 earmarks 38 per cent funds for the social sector, 40 percent for the economic sector and 22 percent for the general service sector.
- Estimated gross expenditure for 2020-21 is Rs 1,02,907 crore. The net expenditure, after deducting repayment of debt and recoveries, is estimated at Rs 95,650 crore.
- Revenue expenditure is estimated at 81,400 crore and capital expenditure at 13,814 crore, 14.44 percent of the total expenditure.Total revenue receipts for year 2020-21 are estimated at Rs 83,831 crore.
- The state is estimated to have surplus revenue of Rs 2,431 crore, as in previous years. Fiscal deficit (which factors in debt repayment liability) is estimated to be Rs 11,518 crore, which is 3.18 percent of the state’s estimated gross domestic product (GDP) for 2020-21, little above the prescribed limit of 3 percent.
- Total receipts for 2020-21 are estimated Rs 96,091 crore against estimated expenditure of Rs 95,650 crore.
- Budget deficit is estimated to be 3,522 crore by the end of 2020-21, including estimated budget deficit of Rs 3,963 crore for 2019-20.
- Capital– Raipur
- CM– Bhupesh Baghel
- Governor– Anusuiya Uikey
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING
Yes Bank withdrawal limit capped at Rs 50000
- The government restricted withdrawal from capital starved Yes Bank at ₹50,000 in the next one month. This restriction, which came into effect from March 05, 6 pm, will remain in place April 3, 2020.
- Yes Bank cannot make in aggregate, payment to a depositor of a sum exceeding Rs. 50,000 lying to his credit, in any savings, current or any other deposit account till April 3rd.
- The RBI however said it may allow payment of over ₹50,000 to Yes Bank depositors an amount in excess of Rs. 50,000 like expenses for medical treatment, marriage and education.
About Yes Bank
- Headquarters– Mumbai
- MD and CEO– Ravneet Gill
- Tagline– Experience our Expertise
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
After Mumbai, Google to launch its cloud infrastructure in Delhi by 2021
- Google announced that it plans to open cloud region in Delhi that is expected to be operational by
- This will be the company’s second cloud region in India; the first one was in Mumbai that was launched in 2017.
- The new cloud region will expand Google’s existing network which stands at eight regions in the Asia Pacific and 22 regions globally.
- Google cloud regions bring Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services to global organisations in industries like media and entertainment, retail and manufacturing.
- Projected to launch in 2021, the Delhi cloud region will have three zones to protect against service disruptions.
- The region will also include a portfolio of key GCP products, offer lower latency to nearby users and, when combined with the existing region in Mumbai, enable geographically separate in-country disaster recovery for the customers’ mission-critical applications
- Headquarters– California, United States
- CEO– Sundar Pichai
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Slovenia confirms Janez Jansa as new PM
- Slovenia’s lawmakers backed an anti-immigrant politician Janez Jansa to become the new prime minister, paving the way for the formation of a right-leaning government.
- The 90-member parliament voted 52-31 to support Janez Jansa, the leader of the Slovenian Democratic Party (SDS) as the prime minister-designate, after liberal PM Marjan Sarec stepped down in January amid infighting in his minority five-party coalition.
- Jansa is an ally of Hungarian PM Viktor Orban.
- President– Borut Pahor
- Capital– Ljubljana
- Currency- Euro
Reserve Bank of India Deputy Governor N S Vishwanathan quits
- RBI Deputy Governor N S Vishwanathan has decided to step down by March 31 due to ill health, three months before the end of his extended one-year tenure.
- While the Reserve Bank has accepted his request to be relieved by March 31, His one-year extension was to end on July 3.
- After being appointed as the deputy governor on June 28, 2016 for a three-year-term, Vishwanathan has served under three governors — Raghuram Rajan, Urjit Patel and Shantikanta Das.
- Vishwanathan will be second deputy governor to leave after Das took over as the governor in December 2018. Deputy Governor Viral Acharya left in June 2019.
Governor of RBI
- Shantikanta Das
Deputy Governors of RBI
- B P Kanungo
- Michael Mohapatra
- M K Jain
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
India Pharma & India Medical Device 2020 Conference to be held at Gandhinagar
- The Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, in association with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry- FICCI is organisingIndia Pharma 2020 & India Medical Device 2020 Conference & Exhibition at Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat.
- Theme of the event is “India Pharma: Meeting Challenges of Affordable and Quality Healthcare and India Medical Device: Promoting Affordable responsible and Quality Medical Device for Universal Health Care”
- It aims to encourage innovations to further reduce the cost of quality healthcare for all and a platform to global investment community to connect with stakeholders in Medical Device Sector in India, Central and State Governments, leading business leaders and top executives from the industry ,academics and experts from the world.
- The objective of this event is to promote consumer centric manufacturing by involving Medical Electronics, Devices, Health Diagnostics, Hospitals and Surgical Equipments etc.
- The event also aims at deliberations and technology demonstration towards constituting an ecosystem for empowering our Electronics Technology development and manufacturing base.
- This year in the fifth edition, the event is being organised for the first time in the State of Gujarat, which is also the partner state for this event.
- The Indian pharmaceutical market is the third largest in terms of volume and thirteenth largest in terms of value. India is the largest supplier of generic medicines globally. Similarly The Medical Devices industry in India is valued at USD 5.2 billion, contributes about 4-5 percent to the USD 96.7 billion Indian healthcare Industry.
- During the event an Exhibition will also be held on Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices. More than 200 Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices companies will be participating in the Exhibition. Around 5,000 global pharmaceutical and biotechnology professionals will attend the 3-day Conference.
- Capital- Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister – Vijay Ramniklal Rupani
- Governor- Acharya Devvrat
Indian Army’s International Seminar Pragyan Conclave 2020
- PRAGYAN CONCLAVE 2020, a two-day Indian Army International Seminar being organised by Centre for Land Warfare Studies, commenced at New Delhi.
- The event brings together cross-domain national and international experts to deliberate on the complex subject of ‘Changing Characteristics of Land Warfare and its Impact on the Military’.
- The seminar provided a platform for deliberations on emerging ideas, perspectives and narratives that define the ‘New Age Warfare’.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Juniper Cobra Missile Defense drill cancelled over coronavirus
- The 10th biannual Juniper Cobra exercise between the IDF and United States European Command (EUCOM) was suspended, as fears over coronavirus continue to rattle Israel and the world.
- The 10-day-long drill was scheduled to see more than 2,500 US troops participate in several different locations in Israel, Europe and the US.
- The cancellation of the drill came days after another joint exercise was shut down over concerns of the novel coronavirus.
- The “Eagle Genesis” exercise between the IDF’s Ground Forces and EUCOM troops to train against regional threats was canceled, and more than 60 US personnel who had traveled to Israel returned to their bases on Friday at the request of the Israeli government.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Mumbai set to host IOC session in 2023
- Mumbai is set to host the 2023 International Olympic Committee’s session after the IOC Executive Board recommended the Indian city for the annual conference.
- The IOC Executive Board decided to put Mumbai’s candidature to a vote of the members. The decision is to be ratified at the 136th IOC session in Tokyo in July this year.
- After ratification, this will be the second-ever IOC session to be held in India after a long gap of 37 years. India last hosted an IOC session way back in 1983 in New Delhi.
- Headquarters- Lausanne, Switzerland
- President – Thomas Bach
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Former UN chief Javier Perez de Cuellar passes away
- Former UN chief and Peruvian Prime Minister Javier Pérez de Cuéllar passed away.
- He served in embassies across Europe and Latin America, and joined Peru’s delegation to the first UN General Assembly in 1946.
DAILY CA 5TH MAR
- IWD 2020: Thinlas Chorol sets up first women’s travel company in Ladakh
- Cabinet gives nod for FDI policy on civil aviation; NRIs can acquire up to 100% equity in Air India
- Cabinet gives nod to Companies Second Amendment Bill to enable Indian firms to list on foreign exchanges
- Centre launches second phase of Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen)
- Sri Lanka to lead science, technology and innovation sector in BIMSTEC
- Luxembourg becomes first country to make all public transport free
- RBI’s new measures will see banks’ dependence on CDs, TDs coming down
- ICICI Prudential AMC ties up Saraswat Co-op Bank to tap rural potential
- IRDAI asks insurance companies to design policies to cover coronavirus
- Microsoft, Accenture join to provide tech support to social enterprise startups
- Zomato buys UberEats India for $206 million
- UP govt announces Rs 900 per month for stray cattle upkeep
- Tripura government to provide Rs 5000 to eligible students for buying smartphone
- Student Health Card scheme for school children launched in J&K
- IIT Mandi Signs Deal with NABARD for Setting up Three FPOs in Himachal
- Sanjay Kumar Panda appointed India’s Ambassador to Turkey
- Former India spinner Sunil Joshi named BCCI’s selection committee chairman
- Amrish Rau appointed as CEO of Pine Labs
- PM Modi will be treated with highest honour during Bangladesh visit
- Farrell, McNamara first female duo to win top architecture prize
- President Kovind confers 61st annual Lalit Kala Akademi awards
- India has 3rd highest trade-related illicit financial flow globally
- UoH bags top score in QS World University Subject ranking
- Tamil Nadu, UP to set up Defence industrial corridors
- Kieron Pollard becomes first player to play 500 T20 matches
- Mumbai set to host IOC session in 2023
- Veteran Telugu journalist Potturi Venkateswara Rao passes away
DAILY CA 6TH MAR
- National Dentist’s Day is observed annually everyMarch 6.
- Government announces one-time amnesty scheme for non-compliant LLPs
- Government nod to automated facial recognition system for identification of bodies, missing children, criminals
- Health Ministry organizes a national level training workshop for all the states on COVID-19 management
- Setu Bharatam scheme: All level crossings on NH to be replaced by Over/under Bridges
- The Maharashtra Government renamed the Aurangabad Airport as Chhatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj Airport
- Uttarakhand will now have two capitals, with Gairsain as the summer capital
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel presented a Rs 95,650-crore budget, without any new tax proposals, for fiscal 2020-21 in the Legislative Assembly
- Yes Bank withdrawal limit capped at Rs 50000
- After Mumbai, Google to launch its cloud infrastructure in Delhi by 2021
- Slovenia confirms Janez Jansa as new Prime Minister
- Reserve Bank of India Deputy Governor N S Vishwanathan quits
- India Pharma & India Medical Device 2020 Conference to be held at Gandhinagar
- PRAGYAN CONCLAVE 2020, a two-day Indian Army International Seminar being organised by Centre for Land Warfare Studies, commenced at New Delhi
- Juniper Cobra Missile Defense drill cancelled over coronavirus
- Mumbai set to host IOC session in 2023
- Former UN chief Javier Perez de Cuellar passes away