Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation
- The International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation is a United Nations (UN) campaign held on February 6 to stop genital mutilation to girls and women.
- It not only violates a person’s rights to health, security, physical integrity but also cruel, inhuman, right to life when procedures result in death.
- The theme for 2020 is “Unleashing Youth Power: One decade of accelerating actions for zero female genital mutilation.”
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Govt has set target of installation of 100 GigaWatt solar power by Dec 2022
- The Government has set a target of installation of 100 GigaWatt solar power and 60 GigaWatt wind power capacity in the country by December 2022 by implementing various schemes.
- Energy Minister R K Singh stated, majority of solar power projects are installed with private investments.
- He added that Grid connected solar power capacity of over 33 thousand seven hundred megawatt has been installed in the country till 31st December last year.
- over 37 thousand five hundred megawatt of wind power was also installed till the end of last year.
Around 5,70000 inhabited village including gram panchayats covered by mobile service: Govt
- Government informed that around five lakh 70 thousands inhabited village including gram panchayats have been covered by the mobile service.
- The Rajya Sabha, Electronics and Information Technology Minister, Ravi Shankar Prasad stated, mobile coverage in remaining villages is being provided by the government and telecom service providers in a phased manner.
- Around four lakh nine thousand kilometer optical fiber cable have been laid down till the last month and around one lakh 33 thousands gram panchayats have been made service ready.
- Bharat Net project is being implemented in a phased manner to provide broadband connectivity to all the gram panchayats.
39 Mega Food Parks and 298 Integrated Cold Chain Projects sanctioned under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY)
- The Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) has sanctioned 39 Mega Food Parks and 298 Integrated Cold Chain Projects throughout the country to fill in the gaps across the value chain and establishing the Cold Chain Grid.
- The MoFPI is focusing on building cold chain infrastructure across the country, for seamless transfer of perishables from production to consumption areas, through the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY), which comprises of component schemes namely (i) Integrated Cold Chain and Value Addition Infrastructure, (ii) Mega Food Park, (iii) Creation of Backward & Forward Linkages, (iv) Creation/ Expansion of Food Processing and Preservation Capacities (v) Agro Processing Clusters and (vi) Operation Greens.
- These schemes aim at arresting post-harvest losses of horticulture and non-horticulture produce by encouraging the creation of cold storages, primary processing and transportation facilities across the country.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Sri Lanka PM Rajapaksa to visit India on February 7
- Sri Lankan Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa will undertake a four-day state visit to India and hold talks on a number of key areas including trade, defence and maritime security cooperation
- The visit, beginning February 7, will be the Rajapaksa senior’s first overseas visit since his brother Gotabaya was elected President in November
- He will have meetings with President Ram Nath Kovind, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar.
- The scheduled meetings will build on the strong relationship that already exists between the two countries.
- Mahinda hopes to finalise the implementation of the USD 450 million line of credit pledged by Prime Minister Modi to President Gotabaya Rajapaksa during his visit to New Delhi in November, according to the statement.
- With the aim of enhancing engagement in sub-regional maritime security cooperation, the two delegations are expected to discuss key areas under the defence and maritime security initiatives that include the Sri Lanka-India annual defence dialogue and the trilateral maritime security cooperation with India and the Maldives, it state
About Sri Lanka :
- President: Gotabaya Rajapaksa
- Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
- Prime minister: Mahinda Rajapaksa
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
IOC signs first term contract for importing Russian crude oil
- State-owned Indian Oil Corp (IOC) signed first term contract for importing Russian crude oil as the world’s third largest energy consumer looks to diversify its sources away from the volatile Middle East.
- IOC signed the contract to import up to 2 million tonne of Urals grade crude oil from Rosneft of Russia.India is 83 per cent dependent on imports to meet its oil needs. Two-thirds of the imports come from the Middle East, Iraq being the biggest supplier followed by Saudi Arabia.
- Pradhan and Sechin held talks during which they “reviewed the ongoing investments between Indian oil and gas PSUs and Rosneft and discussed further enhancing energy cooperation and strengthening hydrocarbons engagement both on investment front as well as sourcing natural gas and crude oil.
- Both sides, agreed to take forward mutually aligned priorities, including preparing a road map for Indian investments in the Eastern Cluster projects of Russia.
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited, commonly known as IndianOil is an Indian government owned oil and gas company headquartered in New Delhi. It is the largest commercial oil company in the country, with a net profit of INR 19,106 crore for the financial year 2016–17.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Sanjiv Singh
RBI’s 6th Bi-monthly Monetary Policy 2019-20 released: RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 5.15%
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Shaktikanta Das-led Monetary Policy Committee announced its decision to keep the key lending rates at existing levels.
- All six members of the MPC voted in favour of maintaining the status quo on monetary policy, which was in line with economists’ expectations.
- The repo rate – or the interest rate at which the RBI lends short-term funds to commercial banks – was left steady at 15 per cent, the lowest level recorded in more than nine years.
- The Monetary Policy Committee decided to continue with an “accommodative” policy stance “as long as it is necessary to revive growth, while ensuring that inflation remains within the target”.
- All six members of the Monetary Policy Committee voted in favour of maintaining the status quo on policy.
Policy Rates under Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF)
- Repo Rate 5.15%
- Reverse Repo Rate 4.90%
- Marginal standing facility (MSF) Rate 5.40%
- Bank Rate Reserve Ratios 5.40%
- Cash reserve Ratio (CRR) 4%
- Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR) 18.25%
- GDP for 2020-21 6 % (from 5 % in FY20)
SBI cuts MCLR by 5 basis points across tenors
- The State Bank of India (SBI) announced a 5 basis points reduction in its marginal cost of fund-based rate (MCLR) across tenors, effective February 10.
- This is the ninth consecutive cut in MCLR by the bank in the current fiscal.
- With this reduction, the one-year MCLR has come down to 85 per cent per annum from 7.90 per cent
- The reduction in MCLR by the bank comes a day after the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) left the repo rates unchanged at 5.15 per cent but announced long-term repo operation for up to Rs 1 lakh crore, making cost of funds cheaper for banks.
- SBI further stated in view of surplus liquidity in the system, it has realigned its interest rate on retail term deposits (less than Rs 2 crore) and bulk term deposits (Rs 2 crore and above), effective February 10.
- It slashed term deposits rates by 10-50 bps in the retail segment and 25-50 bps in the bulk segment.
- The impact of recent RBI policy measures and reduction in deposit rates will be reflected in the next review of MCLR.
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 July 1955
- Managing director: Anshula Kant (Stressed Assets, Risk and Compliance)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
PhonePe to create world’s biggest ATM network of 2 mn in India by year end
- PhonePe says it will by the end of this year create an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) network of 2 million users, helping the Walmart-owned service to fight rivals Alibaba-backed Paytm, Google Pay and Amazon Pay as they compete in India’s crowded digital payments market.
- The service—billed as India’s first and world’s largest—enables neighbourhood stores to act as ATMs for PhonePe users. It had a pilot run in Delhi-NCR and is now being rolled out across 500,000 shops in 300 cities.
- The PhonePe app to locate shops offering the ATM service and then click the “withdraw” button to transfer an amount to the merchant. Once the amount is transferred, the merchant gives the customer cash equal to the amount transferred. PhonePe will not charge for the service and it has set a withdrawal limit of Rs 1,000 for now.
- India has 200,000 ATMs that frequently run out of cash and they are fewer than those in BRICS nations, according to the International Monetary Fund. PhonePe hopes to fill in this gap.
- Parent organization: Flipkart
- Founded: December 2015
- CEO: Sameer Nigam
- Headquarters location: Bengaluru
AIIB likely to lend $3 bn to Andhra Pradesh for development projects
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) offered to extend a $3 billion loan to Andhra Pradesh for development projects. This was revealed at a meeting of AIIB representatives with chief minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy, according to the chief minister’s office.
- Reddy told AIIB officials that his government intended to utilise these funds to construct ports at Bhavanapadu and Machilipatnam in Srikakulam and Krishna districts, respectively, apart from other infrastructure projects in the state.
- A team consisting of the bank’s vice-president and chief investment officer D J Pandian, director general- investment operations, U N Pang and principal social development specialist Somnath Basu visited Amaravati to meet the chief minister.
- Headquarters: Beijing ,China
- President : Jin liqun
NABARD estimates Rs 34,421 crore credit potential for Chhattisgarh
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) projected a credit potential of Rs 34421.38 crore for Chhattisgarh in the financial year 2020-21.
- The State Focus Paper (SFP) that was released by Panchayat and Rural Development Minister T S Singhdeo at the state credit seminar noted that the theme for financial year 2020-21 had been “Hi-tech agriculture practices.”
- NABARD Chief General Manager M Soren informed that the total credit potential for Chhattisgarh for the financial year 2020-21 is Rs 3977.59 crore ahead of previous year’s projection of Rs 30443.79 crore.
- Highlight of the credit potential for total agriculture sector for 2020-21 is projected at Rs 19579.13 crore, of which an amount of Rs 13227.37 crore has been assessed under crop production, maintenance and marketing.
- Founded: 12 July 1982
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairperson: Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
MP govt to use drones for mapping villages
- In Madhya Pradesh, the state government has decided to use drones for mapping villages. So far, land survey work is being done either manually or with the help of satellite images in Madhya Pradesh.
- The drone technology will be used for the first time to make maps in the state. 55 thousand villages of the state have been selected for mapping. Now, the map of the population area will be made on a scale of 1: 500, which will give a clearer picture of the population area.
- The state revenue department has entered into an agreement in this regard yesterday with Survey of India, the country’s national mapping agency under the Ministry of Science and Technology.
About Madhya pradesh:
- Capital: Bhopal
- Governor: Lalji Tandon
- Chief minister: Kamal Nath
Telangana CM to inaugurate 11-km stretch of elevated Hyderabad Metro Rail
- Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao will inaugurate the 11-km stretch of corridor-II of elevated Hyderabad Metro Rail. The stretch starts from Jubilee Bus Station in Secunderabad and joins at Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station in Hyderabad facilitating bus commuters with two major Railway Stations in the State Capital.
- Managing Director NVS Reddy informed that the total operational length of the Hyderabad Metro will become 69 kilometers.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi had inaugurated the project by dedicating the Miyapur and Nagole stretch to people in November 2017. Another stretch of Hyderabad Metro between Ameerpet to L B Nagar was commissioned in September 2018.
- Subsequently, two more stretches of Metro Rail services between Ameerpet and Hi-Tec City and also between Hitech City and Raidurg were inaugurated.
- The Hyderabad Metro is the second largest metro service after Delhi in the country and the largest one in the world under PPP mode.
Recent news related to Telangana
- Rapid spread of Dengue fever in Telangana
- Bathukamma-2019: The Telangana Flower Festival begins
- Telangana government declares 2020 as Artificial Intelligence year
- Telangana’s first food park inaugurated in Nizamabad district
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
LinkedIn chief executive Jeff Weiner is stepping down as CEO after 11 years
- Jeff Weiner became the Executive Chairman of Linkedin. He was the CEO of Linkedin for the past 11 years. Linkedin is the professional networking company owned by Microsoft.
- Ryan Roslansky, senior Vice President of Linkedin will become the CEO of the company as of June 1.
- Roslansky currently serves as LinkedIn’s senior vice president of product, overseeing all teams responsible for creating LinkedIn’s products and experiences.
- Tom Cohan, current Vice President of Marketing Solutions will replace Roslanky.
- Founded- 2002
- Headquarters- California, US
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Thackeray presents award to veteran journalist Raikar
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray presented an award to senior journalist Dinkar Keshav Raikar for his contribution to journalism.
- Raikar, currently consulting editor of Lokmat group, was conferred with the lifetime achievement award instituted by the Mantralaya and Vidhimandal Vartahar Sangh.
- Janhavi Patil (Tarun Bharat, Belgaum), Rahul Kulkarni (ABP Majha) and Sanjay Bapat (Loksatta) were other winners in different categories of the best journalist award for 2019.
President Kovind presents International Gandhi Awards for Leprosy
- India has achieved a lot over the years and successfully accomplished levels of leprosy elimination defined as less than one case per ten thousand population.
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, presented the International Gandhi Awards for Leprosy for the year 2019 to Dr N.S. Dharmashaktu under the Indian nomination (individual) category and the Leprosy Mission Trust under the institutional category on February 6, 2020, New Delhi.
- The annual award has been instituted by Gandhi Memorial Leprosy Foundation to recognise the work of individuals and organisations who have worked tirelessly to fight this disease and the prejudices associated with it.
- The award has been launched to commemorate the compassion that Gandhiji possessed and service he rendered towards people afflicted with leprosy.
Veteran writer Manoj Das to receive Mystic Kalinga Literary Award
- Celebrated Odia and English writer Manoj Das to receive the much coveted Mystic Kalinga Literary Award (Indian and Global Languages).
- Currently teaching English literature and Philosophy at the Sri Aurobindo International University in Puducherry, the bilingual writer was recently conferred Padma Bhushan, the country’s third-highest civilian award for his contribution in the field of literature and education.
- The award will be presented during the two-day 4th Mystic Kalinga Festivalof verse, music, dance and discussion at Swosti Premium
- The central theme of 2020 Mystic Kalinga Festival is “Divine Madness: Knowledge, Ecstasy, and Transformation”.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
IIM-Bengaluru ranks third in MOOC performance among B-Schools globally
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) secured the third rank in the global list of Top Business Schools of 2020 by
- This was the maiden ranking for business schools globally who are offering MOOCs (massive online open courses) courses. HEC Paris (France) and Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania (USA) have secured the first and second rank respectively.
- Sixteen business schools across the world offering open online courses on the three MOOC platforms – Coursera, edX and FutureLearn – were ranked in the MoocLab’s Business School Rankings 2020.
- The colleges were ranked on four performance parameters — a school’s performance across the number of MOOCs provided, the provision of learning pathways, the provision of credit -granting credentials and the school’s teaching quality.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
DefExpo 2020: ‘Lucknow Declaration’ adopted at India-Africa Defence Conclave
- In the ongoing defence expo, the ‘Lucknow Declaration’ was adopted at the India – Africa Defence Conclave held on the sidelines of the event. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and his counterparts from 12 African countries along with representatives of 38 other African countries were present at the conclave, which was organised for the first time.
- The ‘Lucknow Declaration’ recalled the Indian contribution to defence and security in the African continent and states that terrorism is a major threat in the region.
- Addressing the conclave Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh said that India is an all weather friend of Africa and Africa is at the top of India’s priorities. 14 MoUs had been signed between India and Russia which will pave way for production of different Russian defence equipment in India.
- The main function on the third day of Defexpo is Bandhan – Ceremony in which MoUs will be signed in the presence of Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath. Seven seminars will also be held on the third day, on various issues.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
NASA astronaut Christina Koch returns to Earth after record-setting stay in space
- NASA’s astronaut Christina Koch returned from space to Earth safely. Koch returned after an 11-month mission, breaking the world record for the most time spent by a woman in space.
- Koch has spent 328 days on International Space Station ISS, surpassing the previous record of 289 days held by fellow American Peggy Whitson.
- Koch’s medical data will be especially valuable to NASA scientists as the agency draws up plans for a long-duration manned mission to Mars.
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Jim Bridenstine, Administrator
- James Morhard, Deputy Administrator
- Jeff DeWit, Chief Financial Officer
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Mizoram win Junior National Football C’ship for Dr BC Roy Trophy
- In Football, Mizoram has won the final of the Junior National Football Championship for Dr BC Roy Trophy at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Shillong .
- Mizoram beat Punjab 5-4 on penalties as both teams finished 1-1 in regulation and extra time.
- It was the fourth time in five years that the two team met in the final of the Under -17 tournament with Punjab winning the trophy in 2015-16 and 2016-17. Last year Mizoram reversed the tide and defeated Punjab in the final 2-1.
List of stadiums in india
- Salt lake stadium – Kolkata
- Eden Gardens- Kolkata
- Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium-Hyderabad
- Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium- Delhi
- Ekana International Cricket Stadium- Lucknow
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Stadium- Ahmedabad
Rohit Rajpal to continue as India’s Davis Cup captain
- Rohit Rajpal will continue as India’s non-playing Davis Cup captain while veteran Leander Paes, too, has retained his place in the six-member squad picked for the tie against Croatia next month.
- Zeeshan Ali will be the coach. India are scheduled to travel to Croatia for their next tie from 6th to 7th of March.
- The All India Tennis Association (AITA) has asked Rajpal to lead the side in the 2020 season. Prajnesh Gunnewaran, Sumit Nagal and Ramkumar Ramanathan are the other singles players in the six-member squad.
- The AITA selection committee chose three doubles players for the tie including Rohan Bopanna, Divij Sharan and Leander Paes. The playing five-member squad will be announced closer to the tie.
Cricket cup: Hockey cup:
- Ranji Trophy Nehru trophy
- Vijay hazare Trophy Sultan Azlan Shah Cup
- Duleep Trophy Aga khan Cup
- Deodhar Trophy Maharaja ranjit singh gold cup
- Sahara cup Dhyanchand trophy
SAI, Hockey India launch High Performance Centres
- Sports Authority of India (SAI) and Hockey India announced the establishment of the High Performance Centres in seven places across the country to provide state-of-the-art facilities to Junior and Sub-Junior players. The move is aimed at grooming young talent in view of 2024 and 2028 Olympic Games.
- While the National Hockey Academy at Dhyan Chand National Stadium, New Delhi along with SAI at Sundergarh, Bhopal and Bengaluru will be active within the next three months, the remaining three centres will be developed over the next one year.
- These centres will be closely monitored by Hockey India and its High Performance Director and the programme will also ensure that the athletes are provided with international exposure. These seven centres will be set up under the Khelo India scheme and will have expert professional training, utilization of sports science and education of the youngsters.
- The remaining three High-Performance Hockey Centres will be established at SAI, Takyel, Imphal in Manipur, Balewadi Sports Complex, Pune in Maharashtra, SAI Centre, Ranchi and Gomke Jaipal Singh Astroturf Hockey Stadium. The SAI Centre Bengaluru will remain as the main site for the senior and junior national teams.
About Sports Authority of India (SAI):
- Formed- 1984.
- Headquarters- New Delhi, India.
- Founder: Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
- Sandip Pradhan Indian Revenue Service, Sports Secretary-cum-Director General
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Kirk Douglas, Hollywood legend passes away
- Actor Kirk Douglas, whose Hollywood career spanned seven decades, passed away aged 103.
- He rose to prominence during Hollywood’s “golden age“, earning his first Oscar nomination for the 1949 film Champion.
- He was also the father of Oscar-winning actor Michael Douglas.
Former minister of Madhya Pradesh, Rajendra Prakash Singh passes away
- Senior BJP leader and former minister Dr Rajendra Prakash Singh passed away after battling cancer.
- Singh served as health and general administration department minister in the then state chief minister Sunderlal Patwa’s government.
Kolkata’s first cabaret dancer Miss Shefali passes away
- Kolkata’s first cabaret dancer Arati Das, popularly known by her stage name Miss Shefali, passed away.
- Miss Shefali was synonymous with cabaret dance in Kolkata and was the star attraction of the city’s night life in the 1960s and ’70s.
- Miss Shefali had also appeared in a couple of Bengali movies such as Seemabaddha and Pratidwandi, both directed by the legendary Satyajit Ray.
DAILY CA 6th FEB
- PM Modi sets target of 5 billion dollars for defence exports in next five years
- Cabinet approves to confer the status of Institution of National Importance to five IIITs
- Cabinet gives in principle approval to set up a new major port in Maharashtra
- Cabinet approves amendment to bring cooperative banks under regulatory control of RBI
- Cabinet approves India-Sri Lanka Alliance Air flights
- MSME implemented new scheme SFURTI to set up traditional industries clusters
- Bhutan to charge entry fee for Indian tourists
- World Cancer Day 2020: 1 in 10 Indians Likely to Develop Cancer in Their Lifetime, Says Study
- WHO calls for USD 675m in donations to fight novel coronavirus
- India’s Ambassador to UAE assumes responsibility of India’s Co-Chair of Expo-2020 Dubai Committee
- Prince Charles unveils children’s protection fund for India
- Gates Foundation announces USD 100 million for coronavirus response
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 15%
- RBI announces external benchmarking of loans for medium enterprises from April 1
- All-in-One Android PoS device unveiled by Paytm
- Instamojo buys digital commerce platform GetMeAShop for $5 million
- Karnataka launches Janasevaka scheme for home delivery of govt services
- Kumbhabhishekam of Brihadeeswarar temple in Tamil Nadu
- Mangalore varsity pact on radioecology research
- India-Norway sign MoUs in field of research and higher education
- APEDA-CFTRI Sign MoU for Liason Office in Guwahati :Will Promote Food Processing & Organic Agri Exports in North-East States
- HAL signs MoU with Israeli firm to make, sell drones
- World Bank chief economist announces resignation
- JSW Steel signs cricketer Rishabh Pant as brand ambassador
- Big Bang Boom Solutions Wins Prestigious SKOCH Award
- Prime Minister inaugurates DefExpo in Lucknow
- 22nd India International Seafood Show in Kochi
- FADA to organise 11th Auto Summit 2020
- Maharashtra tops list of States hit by global medical data leak
- India ranks 40 out of 53 countries on global intellectual property index
- Virat Kohli retains top spot as the most valuable celebrity in 2019 : Duff & Phelps
- Molecule to treat ALS identified in IIT Hyderabad
- Navy to get third Scorpene submarine in December
- Russian S-400 missile delivery to India to begin by end-2021
- Jagmohan Dalmiya’s son Avishek becomes youngest CAB president
- Rakhi Halder bags gold at Senior Women’s National Weightlifting Championships
- Former Assam Assembly Speaker Pranab Kumar Gogoi passes away
- Alice Mayhew, celebrated book editor, passes away
- Former Karnataka Minister D. Manjunath passes away
DAILY CA 7th FEB
- International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation- FEB 6TH
- Govt has set target of installation of 100 GigaWatt solar power by Dec 2022
- Around 5,70000 inhabited village including gram panchayats covered by mobile service: Govt
- 39 Mega Food Parks and 298 Integrated Cold Chain Projects sanctioned under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY)
- Sri Lanka PM Rajapaksa to visit India on February 7
- IOC signs first term contract for importing Russian crude oil
- RBI’s 6th Bi-monthly Monetary Policy 2019-20 released: RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 15%
- SBI cuts MCLR by 5 basis points across tenors
- PhonePe to create world’s biggest ATM network of 2 mn in India by year end
- AIIB likely to lend $3 bn to Andhra Pradesh for development projects
- NABARD estimates Rs 34,421 crore credit potential for Chhattisgarh
- MP govt to use drones for mapping villages
- Telangana CM to inaugurate 11-km stretch of elevated Hyderabad Metro Rail
- LinkedIn chief executive Jeff Weiner is stepping down as CEO after 11 years
- Thackeray presents award to veteran journalist Raikar
- President Kovind presents International Gandhi Awards for Leprosy
- Veteran writer Manoj Das to receive Mystic Kalinga Literary Award
- IIM-Bengalururanks third in MOOC performance among B-Schools globally
- DefExpo 2020: ‘Lucknow Declaration’ adopted at India-Africa Defence Conclave
- NASA astronaut Christina Koch returns to Earth after record-setting stay in space
- Mizoram win Junior National Football C’ship for Dr BC Roy Trophy
- Rohit Rajpal to continue as India’s Davis Cup captain
- SAI, Hockey India launch High Performance Centres
- Kirk Douglas, Hollywood legend passes away
- Former minister of Madhya Pradesh, Rajendra Prakash Singh passes away
- Kolkata’s first cabaret dancer Miss Shefali passes away