Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs Hindi News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try the Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
Jan aushadhi Diwas
- Jan aushadhi Diwas celebrated on 7thmarch of every year.
- The Jan aushadhi Divas aims to provide further impetus and create awareness about the use of generic medicines. The day will also highlight the initiative undertaken by Government in the direction of making quality healthcare for all, like Ayushman Bharat, PMBJY, etc.
- The Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Pariyojna was launched by Prime Minister with an objective of making high-quality medicines available to all at affordable prices, especially to the poor and underprivileged, through exclusive outlets of Jan Aushadhi Medical Stores.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Google to launch cloud region in Delhi, its second in India
- Google plans to open a Delhi cloud region, the company’s second in India since it launched one in Mumbai in 2017.
- The new cloud region will take Google’s existing network to eight in the Asia Pacific region and 22 globally.
- Google cloud regions bring Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services to global organisations in industries like media and entertainment, retail and manufacturing, helping them drive growth, differentiation, and innovation for their business.
- As the company’s customers in India grow and diversify, Google continues to advance and invest in its cloud infrastructure to help regulated industries such as healthcare and financial services, as well as public sector organisations across India achieve their goals.
- Headquarters– California, United States
- CEO– Sundar Pichai
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
3 day Namaste Orchha festival begins in Madhya Pradesh
- In Madhya Pradesh, ‘Namaste Orchha’ festival is starting in Orchha, a famous tourist destination of the state. Orchha is famous for its Ramaraja temple as well as other historical buildings.
- Three days Namaste Orchha festival is an attempt to creating new opportunities and initiatives to promote the state and its rich cultural, natural and architectural heritage and its traditions and history.
- Namaste Orchha festival will showcase cultural landscape of Madhya Pradesh through a range of activities like art, music,dance, guided history tours and photography.
- In the festival, special helicopter services will be provided to tourists from Gwalior to Orchha and Orchha to Gwalior. Apart from this, business meet andKisanMela will also be organized. The festival will also feature a food and crafts bazaar that will have local cuisine and traditional handicrafts of the region.
Festivals in MP
- Mandu festival
- Chilli Festival
- Khajuraho Dance Festival
- Tansen Music Festival
- Lokrang Festival
About Madhya Pradesh
- Capital- Bhopal
- Chief Minister – Kamla Nath
- Governor- Lalji Tandon
Chapchar Kut, the biggest and most joyful festival of Mizoram begins
- In Mizoram, the biggest and most joyful festival of Mizos, Chapchar Kutis being celebrated across the state.
- The Chapchar Kutis also regarded as the most popular spring festival to the people of the state. This festival is a public holiday in the state.
- Traditional bamboo dance – Cheraw and other dances were performed at the main event, attracting thousands of people.
- Capital- Aizawl
- Chief Minister – Zoramthanga
- Governor- P. S. Sreedharan Pillai
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND ECONOMY
NPCI doubles UPI transaction limit to Rs 2 lakh for some payments
- The National Payments Corporation of India or NPCI, the umbrella organization for retail payments systems, has doubled the per transaction payment limit for Unified Payments Interface or UPI to Rs 2 lakh for some payments.
- The committee has approved to increase the current limit of Rs 1 lakh per transaction to Rs 2 lakh. This is to fulfill specific needs, including payments for credit cards, loans, insurance, and mutual fund investments.
- The move will be effective from April 2020 and would boost the transactions for categories such as AMC, B2B collections, mutual funds, insurance, pre-approved disbursements, and credit card payments
- Headquarters– Mumbai
- Chairman– Dilip Asbe
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPS AND PORTALS
SEBI launches mobile app ‘Sebi SCORES’ for investors to lodge grievances
- Markets regulator Sebi has launched a mobile application for convenience of investors to lodge grievances in Sebi Complaints Redress System (SCORES).
- The app, ‘Sebi SCORES’, is available on both iOS and Android platforms.
- SCORES’ mobile app will make it easier for investors to lodge their grievances with Sebi, as they can now access SCORES at their convenience of a smartphone. The mobile app will encourage investors to lodge their complaints on SCORES rather than sending letters to Sebi in physical mode.
- After mandatory registration on the application, investors will get an acknowledgement through SMS and e-mail for each grievance lodged. Investors can also track the status of their complaint redressal.
- Sebi has received about 40,000 complaints every year on an average.
About Securities and Exchange Board of India
- Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman– Ajay Tyagi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Puma signs Kareena Kapoor Khan as new brand ambassador
- German sportswear brand Puma has signed Bollywood actor Kareena Kapoor Khan as its new brand ambassador.
- The new partnership is aimed at encouraging more women to lead a fit and healthy lifestyle.
- Puma sells footwear, apparel and accessories. It offers performance and sport-inspired lifestyle products in categories such as football, running and training, basketball, golf, and motorsports.
- Headquarters– Bavaria, Germany
- Chairman– Jean-François Palus
Singapore’s Daren Tang to Succeed Gurry as Next WIPO Director General
- Daren Tang has been elected to be the next WIPO Director General, succeeding Francis Gurry.
- Tang is currently the Chief Executive of the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS).
- Prior to that he was Deputy Chief Executive and Chief Legal Counsel for IPOS and Senior State Counsel, International Affairs Division at the Singapore Attorney-General’s Chambers.
- He also has served as Chairperson for WIPO’s Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights.
About World Intellectual Property Organization
- Founded- 1967
- Headquarters- Geneva, Switzerland
Denys Shmygal becomes Ukraine’s new prime minister
- The Ukrainian parliament has voted in Denys Shmygal, as Ukraine’s new prime minister.
- Shmygal succeeds Oleksiy Honcharuk, who resigned recently.
- Shmygal, a professional accountant, rose to prominence by working for energy company DTEK, owned by oligarch Rinat Akhmetov.
- On February 4, he was appointed deputy prime minister and minister of regional development. Exactly one month later, he became prime minister.
- President- Volodymyr Zelensky
- Capital- Kyiv
- Currency- Ukrainian hryvnia
SBI Life re-appoints Sanjeev Nautiyal as MD & CEO
- SBI Life Insurance has re-appointed Sanjeev Nautiyal as managing director and chief executive officer of the company.
- The re-appointment is subject to approval of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) and members of the company.
- Presently, he holds the grade of Deputy Managing Director at State Bank of India and is deputed as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the SBI Life since March 10, 2018.
About SBI Life Insurance Company
- Founded- 2001.
- Headquarters- Mumbai.
Bimal Julka appointed as new Chief Information Commissioner
- Information Commissioner Bimal Julka was appointed as the Chief Information Commissioner (CIC), according to a Rashtrapati Bhavan communique.
- President Ram Nath Kovind administered the oath of office to Julka as the CIC in the Central Information Commission at a ceremony held at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- There is a vacancy of five more information commissioners at the commission after Julka’s appointment as the CIC.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONORS
Indira Gandhi and Amrit Kaur got place in ‘100 Influential Women of the Century’ of the Times Magazine
- Former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi and freedom fighter Amrit Kaur have been included in the list of 100 influential women of the last century by Time magazine. Time magazine released a list titled ‘Spotlights Influential Woman Who Were Often Overshadowed’.
- Time magazine has published Amrit Kaur and Indira Gandhi as Woman of the Year for the years 1947 and 1976 respectively in a special edition of the magazine.
- This includes women who have held positions from which men were often chosen, but these women have made an impact through their activism or culture.
- Also include Designers Coco Chanel, writer Virgina Woolf, Queen Elizabeth, actress Marlin Monroe, Princess Diana, Chinese Pharmaceutical Chemist Two, Yuu, Sadako Ogata and Michelle Obama.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
IIT Madras team develops AI-powered drone to counter rogue drones
- Researchers at IIT Madras have developed an artificial intelligence (AI)-powered drone that can counter ‘Rogue Drones.’
- This system can help law enforcement agencies, security services and armed forces secure airspace over critical civilian and military installations from surveillance by rogue drones.
- The drone can track down rogue drones visually and hack into their GPS navigation system, following which the target drone is forced to change its flight path or land safely.
- A major advantage of this system is that it can be controlled over the Internet and can navigate autonomously as compared to most existing drones that operate on ‘line of sight’ meaning that the operators need to keep the drone within their sight.
- Using the Internet to control the drones also allows for deploying a swarm of drones that can intelligently detect and track people, drones, vehicles and other objects.
- The researchers designed the visual-based tracking system using deep neural networks (AI) to secure airspace and land stretches efficiently by employing a swarm of drones. The motion detection algorithms are powered by AI and can detect motion even in dark conditions without the need of an IR (infrared) camera.
- The team used an advance version of kernelised correlation filters for tracking objects once they are detected and locked onto. Such tracking features work on visual sensors like cameras and CMOS without using radars and sonars, the latter of which generally do not provide much informative data.
- The new system was designed by a team comprising Vasu Gupta, a final year B Tech student, Department of Aerospace Engineering, and Rishabh Vashistha, a Project Associate working in RAFT Lab, Department of Aerospace Engineering. The team was mentored by Dr Ranjith Mohan, Assistant Professor, Department of Aerospace Engineering.
Doctors use gene editing tool Crispr inside body for first time
- Scientists have used the gene editing tool Crispr-Cas9 inside a person’s body for the first time, a new development in efforts to operate on DNA to treat diseases.
- CRISPR (Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats) is a tool for locating and cutting DNA at a specific spot.
- One of the biggest potential risks from gene editing is that CRISPR could make unintended changes in other genes, but the companies have done a lot to minimize that and to ensure that the treatment cuts only where it’s intended to.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
Fourth Global Ayurveda Festival to be held at Kochi from May 16
- The Fourth Global Ayurveda Festival, GAF will be held at Kochi in Kerala from 16th to 20th May.
- The theme for the five-day event is Ayurveda Medical Tourism: Actualizing India’s credibility.
- It will be the largest Ayurvedic event ever to be held anywhere across the world and will witness the largest gathering of experts, stakeholders and business explorers from the field of Ayurveda.
- More than 500 stalls, the participation of over 5,000 international delegates, ethnic food carnivals, exhibition of rich medicinal plants and workshops on Panchkarma to be the key highlights of GAF-2020.
- Ayurveda Tourist Centres and Spas giving rejuvenation therapy and their potential curative aspects will be showcased. GAF-2020 will bring together the world of Ayurveda wellness providers and it’s seekers to one platform.
- Capital– Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief Minister– Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor– Arif Mohammad Khan
International Conference on Nano Science and Technology held in Kolkata
- ICONSAT (International Conference on Nano Science and Technology) is the series of biennial international conference held in India under the aegis of Nano Mission, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India that provides a global platform of interactions among eminent scientists to bring to fore the recent advances in the area of nanoscience and technology.
- The Nano Mission, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, has approved the organization of ICONSAT–2020 by the S. N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata for the year 2020.
- It also aims to provide a potential platform for the young researchers and students from within the country and abroad to keep pace with the latest development in the emerging areas of Nano Science and Technology. An industrial session is proposed to be held for the entrepreneurs and start-up companies for enhanced industry academia interactions.
The following broad areas will be covered in the conference
- Emerging materials for nanoscience and nanotechnology
- Quantum Materials
- Energy materials
- Nanoelectronics and Nanophotonics
- Synthesis, Properties and Application of Nanomaterials
- Theory and simulation of nanomaterials
- Nanotechnology for agriculture, biomaterials, tissue engineering, stem cell technology, etc.
- Industrial nanomaterials
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
India, US sign Rs 1200 crore deal for missile protection suites for new VVIP planes
- India has signed a Rs 1,200 crore deal with the United States for buying protection suites to protect the two new Boeing VVIP planes from missile attacks that will be used to ferry the President and the Prime Minister.
- The missile protection suites on the two Boeing-777 extended range planes to be code named ‘Air Force One’ would provide it the capability to fend off any missile attacks.
- The self-protection suites for the Indian planes include infrared and electronic warfare countermeasures suites, countermeasure dispensing systems, and missile warning sensors.
- The two planes are expected to arrive in India by the middle of next year to begin the VVIP duties.
- During the visit by President Trump, India and the US had signed deals for the 24 MH60 Romeo multirole helicopters for the Navy and six new Apache attack choppers for the Army.
- Capital– Washington, D.C.
- Currency– US Dollar
- President– Donald Trump
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Sindhu wins TOISA Sportsperson of Year award
World champion shuttler PV Sindhu was named Sportsperson of the Year while India’s starbatsman Rohit Sharma was named the cricketer of the year at the fourth Times of India Sports Awards (TOISA) 2019 in New Delhi.
- Former India football captain Bhaichung Bhutia was given the Lifetime Achievement award, while hockey legend and three-time Olympic gold medallist Balbir Singh Sr was honoured with the Icon of the Century award.
- National badminton coach Pulella Gopichand won the Mentor of the Year award, while former shooter Jaspal Rana was recognized as the Coach of the Year.
- The Olympic-bound Indian men’s hockey was adjudged Team of the Year while the women’s hockey side skipper Rani won the Inspiration of the Year award.
- Young shooter Anish Bhanwala and women’s hockey team forward Lalremsiami was selected for the Emerging Players of the Year awards.
- Olympic medallist boxer Vijender Singh was adjudged as the Youth Icon of the Year.
- India skipper Sunil Chhetri won the recognition in football.
- Deepika Kumari and Abhishek Verma won the Archer of the Year in female and male categories respectively.
- Sindhu bagged a hat-trick of awards when she was named as the Badminton Player of the Year in female category, while B Sai Praneeth got the recognition among male
- It was double delight for hockey skipper Rani who was adjudged women hockey player of the year while drag-flicker Harmanpreet won the recognition in the men’s category.
- Saurabh Chaudhary and Manu Bhaker won the Shooter of the Year in male and female categories respectively.
- Sindhu wins third straight ESPN’s Female Sportsperson of the Year award
- India’s first world championship silver medallist pugilist Amit Phanghal won the recognition among male boxers while Lovlina Borgohain bagged the award among female boxers.
Coronavirus: Delhi shooting World Cup postponed, Olympic test event in Tokyo cancelled
- The upcoming combined shooting World Cup in New Delhi has been postponed, while an Olympic test event in Tokyo has been cancelled due to the global novel Coronavirus outbreak.
- The tournament, sanctioned by the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF), was to be held from March 15 to 25 in the capital’s Dr Karni Singh Shooting Range.
- The Olympic Test event was scheduled to be held from April 16. The Delhi event was to be a combined World Cup for rifle/pistol and shotgun shooters.
- In all, 22 countries had pulled out of the event. Last week, India pulled out of the ISSF World Cup in Cyprus, citing the coronavirus threat.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
DMK general secretary K Anbazhagan passes away at 97
- K Anbazhagan, Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) General Secretary for 43 years, passed away at the age of 97.
- He breathed his last at Apollo Hospitals in Chennai, following a prolonged illness.
- Anbazhagan was the General Secretary of DMK for nine times from 1977. He was a nine-time MLA, one-time Lok Sabha member and former finance minister of Tamil Nadu and a close friend of former Chief Minister late Karunanidhi.
- He was called Peraasiriyar (professor) as he worked as a lecturer in Pachayappa college from 1944 to 1957, later he resigned and contested election.
DAILY CA 6TH MAR
- National Dentist’s Day is observed annually every March 6.
- Government announces one-time amnesty scheme for non-compliant LLPs
- Government nod to automated facial recognition system for identification of bodies, missing children, criminals
- Health Ministry organizes a national level training workshop for all the states on COVID-19 management
- Setu Bharatam scheme: All level crossings on NH to be replaced by Over/under Bridges
- The Maharashtra Government renamed the Aurangabad Airport as Chhatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj Airport
- Uttarakhand will now have two capitals, with Gairsain as the summer capital
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel presented a Rs 95,650-crore budget, without any new tax proposals, for fiscal 2020-21 in the Legislative Assembly
- Yes Bank withdrawal limit capped at Rs 50000
- After Mumbai, Google to launch its cloud infrastructure in Delhi by 2021
- Slovenia confirms Janez Jansa as new Prime Minister
- Reserve Bank of India Deputy Governor N S Vishwanathan quits
- India Pharma & India Medical Device 2020 Conference to be held at Gandhinagar
- PRAGYAN CONCLAVE 2020, a two-day Indian Army International Seminar being organised by Centre for Land Warfare Studies, commenced at New Delhi
- Juniper Cobra Missile Defense drill cancelled over coronavirus
- Mumbai set to host IOC session in 2023
- Former UN chief Javier Perez de Cuellar passes away
DAILY CA 7TH MAR
- Jan aushadhi Diwas celebrated on 7th march of every year
- Google to launch cloud region in Delhi, its second in India
- 3 day Namaste Orchha festival begins in Madhya Pradesh
- Chapchar Kut, the biggest and most joyful festival of Mizoram begins
- NPCI doubles UPI transaction limit to Rs 2 lakh for some payments
- SEBI launches mobile app ‘Sebi SCORES’ for investors to lodge grievances
- Puma signs Kareena Kapoor Khan as new brand ambassador
- Singapore’s Daren Tang to Succeed Gurry as Next WIPO Director General
- Denys Shmygal becomes Ukraine’s new prime minister
- SBI Life re-appoints Sanjeev Nautiyal as MD & CEO
- Bimal Julka appointed as new Chief Information Commissioner
- Indira Gandhi and Amrit Kaur got place in ‘100 Influential Women of the Century’ of the time
- IIT Madras team develops AI–powered drone to counter rogue drones
- Doctors use gene editing tool Crispr inside body for first time
- Fourth Global Ayurveda Festival to be held at Kochi from May 16
- International Conference on Nano Science and Technology held in Kolkata
- India, US sign Rs 1200 crore deal for missile protection suites for new VVIP planes
- Sindhu wins TOISA Sportsperson of Year award
- Coronavirus: Delhi shooting World Cup postponed, Olympic test event in Tokyo cancelled
- DMK general secretary K Anbazhagan passes away at 97