Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
India-Central Asia business council launched
- Initiative to boost business amid an economic slowdown, the Modi government and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) together launched India-Central Asia Business Council.
- The nominated chambers from India, Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan came together to formally declare their association to collaborate and provide an industry view to the governments of the six countries.
- The Council will also share its recommendations on how to promote business in the region and with each other.
- External Affairs minister S. Jaishankar who was present at the launch called it a “significant step” especially in view of the fact that “despite excellent bilateral relations, it is a matter of concern that India”s combined annual trade with the five Central Asian countries remains well below two billion US dollars.”
- He recommended the Council to examine the viability of establishing air corridors between and Central Asia to boost trade in perishable goods, agricultural and food products.
- Recalling that India shares both geography and civilizational relationship with the region, the minister said the government hoped the Council will help promote investment and opportunities which have remained untapped. The Council, he revealed, has prioritized discussions on energy, pharmaceuticals, automotive, agro-processing, education and urban infrastructure and transport, civil aviation, IT and tourism.
More than 1.27 cr pads of Suvidha Sanitary Napkins sold through Jan Aushadhi Kendras
- The government stated, more than one crore twenty-seven lakh pads of Suvidha Sanitary Napkins priced at one rupee per pad have been sold through Jan Aushadhi Kendras across the country till the end of last month.
- Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister D V Sadananda Gowda stated, after re-launch of Suvidha pads a huge upsurge in demand is observed, which is more than five times of normal demand.
- Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana has entered into a rate contract with three vendors for procurement of nearly eight crore pads per annum. The Minister stated purchase orders are already issued for three crore ten lakh pads. Further ready stock of over 18 lakh pads is available with the Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India.
Govt launched NCAP as a long-term national level strategy to tackle air pollution: Babul Supriyo
- Union Minister of State for Environment, Forest and Climate Change Babul Supriyo informed that the Central Government launched National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) as a long-term, time-bound, national level strategy to tackle the air pollution problem across the country.
- The Minister stated that the programme targets to achieve 20 to 30 per cent reduction in PM10 and PM2.5 concentrations by 2024 keeping 2017 as the base year for the comparison of concentration.
- Around 102 non-attainment cities have been identified including Delhi and Mumbai.The Minister also stated that, city-specific Action Plans have been prepared which inter-alia include measures for strengthening the monitoring network, reducing vehicular/industrial emissions, increasing public awareness etc.
- Ministry also has earmarked 10 crore rupees per city for various components that includes installation and commissioning of Continuous Ambient Air Quality Monitoring Stations (CAAQMS), creating green buffer zone along the roads, mechanical street sweeper, Mobile Enforcement Unit, public awareness and capacity building activities, water sprinkler
- The cities with population, less than five lakhs, funds of 10 lakh rupees per city has been allocated and for cities with a population of 5 to10 lakhs, 20 lakh rupees per city has been allocated for capacity building and public awareness programmes.
- Further, under NCAP, Committees at state-level namely Steering Committee, Monitoring Committee and Implementation Committee have been constituted for effective implementation and monitoring.
SC appoints retired Kerala HC judge to prepare inventory of ornaments at Sabarimala temple
- The Supreme Court appointed retired Kerala High Court judge C N Ramachandaran Nair to prepare an inventory and valuation report of ornaments of Lord Ayyappa of Sabarimala temple. Different sects of the Pandalam Royal family have claimed those ornaments.
- A bench of Justices N V Ramana, Ajay Rastogi and V Ramasubramanian also requested Attorney General K K Venugopal, appearing for the Kerala government, to use his good office in finding an amicable resolution to ongoing dispute between warring faction of the royal family.
- The court granted four more weeks to the state government to prepare draft legislation regarding the administration of the historic Sabarimala temple.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
US India’s preferred trade partner in journey to be $5 trn economy: Envoy
- America is India’s preferred trade and business partner in its journey to become a USD 5 trillion economy by 2024, the country’s new envoy to the US Taranjit Singh Sandhu has stated.
- Addressing a gathering of American business community at a reception hosted in his honour by US-India Strategic and Partnership Forum, Sandhu stated that the potential for cooperation between the United States and India is limitless.
- He futher added that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has set the goal for India to grow from a USD 3 trillion economy to a USD 5 trillion economy by 2024 and a USD 10 trillion economy by 2030.
- In this journey, Prime Minister Modi has made it clear that the US is a preferred partner for trade and business,
- The relations between our governments has found a new momentum, getting its energy from the warm friendship between our leaders. US President (Donald Trump) and our Prime Minister (Modi) have met four times last year,” he futher added .
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
LIC new biz premium crosses Rs 1.5L-cr-mark
- Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) stated its new business premium has crossed the 5-lakh-crore-mark for the first time, helping the national insurer improve market share to 77.61 per cent. Its’s total income grew by 17.79 per cent to Rs2,97,017.28 crore as of September 2019 from Rs2,52,149.60 crore a year ago, chairman MR Kumar said.
- Total assets of the corporation increased by 7.92 per cent to Rs32,25,905.42 crore as of September 2019 from Rs29,89,276.53 crore, he added. The milestone was led by first year individual new premium, which as of January has expanded by 17.48 per cent, while the number of new policies sold jumped 29.42 per cent to Rs45,199 crore, taking the total policies sold to 1,95,85,635.
- The pension and group schemes vertical, which looks after the group schemes and superannuation business of the corporation, has created a new record by clocking more than Rs1 lakh crore in new premium income so far during the current financial year. This vertical has contributed Rs1,05,566 crore as new business premium income as against Rs 66,748 crore in the previous year. The vertical has covered 2.45 crore lives as of January under its social security schemes.
- Founded : 1 September 1956
- Headquarters: Mumbai, India
- Chairman : Mr. Kumar
Income tax dept launches e-calculator to compare due tax under new, old regime
- The Income-Tax Department has launched an e-calculator for individuals to estimate their tax liability if they opt for the new tax slabs, without claiming deductions and exemptions, for ITR filing as announced in the recent Budget, officials
- The calculator, with a comparative table to compare taxes in the old and the new tax regime, for resident individuals (financial year 2020-21) has been hosted on the official e-filing website of the department.
- The web portal is used for filing of electronic income tax returns (ITRs) by individuals and various other categories of taxpayers.
- Taxpayers in three age categories of normal citizen (below 60 years), senior citizen (60-79 years) and super senior citizen (above 79 years) can punch in their estimated annual income from all sources, total eligible deductions and exemptions to see what will be there total taxable income if they continue in the old regime or opt for the new one.
- The calculator takes into account eligible exemptions and deductions, as proposed under the new regime, after being extracted from the Budget memorandum 2020.
- In the new personal income tax regime, as proposed by Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in her Budget speech on February 1, 5 per cent tax is levied on an annual income between ₹5 lakh to ₹5 lakh. The tax rate rises to 10 per cent, 15 per cent, 20 per cent and 25 per cent for every ₹2.5 lakh addition. A 30 per cent tax is charged for income over ₹15 lakh.
- The old or the existing income tax rate regime allows a standard deduction of ₹50,000 and investment of ₹5 lakh in saving schemes with a rate of 5 per cent, 10 per cent or 30 per cent tax depending on various income levels.
RBI to conduct first repo operation on February 17 for Rs 25,000 crore
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will begin the first tranche of its long-term repo operations on February 17 with three-year repo of Rs 25,000 crore, followed by another on February 24 for an equal amount.
- The operations date is announced a day after the RBI’s monetary policy wherein it said long-term repos aggregating up to Rs 1 lakh crore will be conducted in tranches from mid-February to ease liquidity in the system.
- The RBI move is aimed at providing cheaper money to banks at the repo rate and, thus, improve liquidity in the banking system.
- Currently, the repo operations are of short-term, usually of overnight, wherein banks can borrow money from the RBI at the prevailing repo rate.
- As announced in the statement on ‘Developmental and Regulatory Policies’ on February 6, 2020, it has been decided to conduct Long Term Repo Operations (LTROs) for one-year and three-year tenors for up to a total amount of Rs 1 lakh crore at the policy repo rate, the 3-year repo operations for an amount of Rs 25,000 crore will be conducted on February 17.
- While the 1-year repo operation will be conducted for the same amount on February 24.The details of remaining LTROs will be announced in due course
- These LTROs will be in addition to the existing liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) and marginal standing facility (MSF) operations, the total amount of liquidity injected through these operations would be up to Rs 1 lakh crore.
- LTROs will be conducted on the CBS (E-KUBER) platform. The operations would be conducted at a fixed rate, the RBI said.
- Banks would be required to place their requests for the amount sought under LTRO during the window timing at the prevailing policy repo rate.
- The minimum bid amount would be Rs 1 crore and multiples thereof. There will be no restriction on the maximum amount of bidding by individual bidders.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
WhatsApp gets NCPI nod to launch digital payments platform WhatsApp Pay, say reports
- WhatsApp will soon be able to roll out its digital payments platform WhatsApp Pay in India.
- The Facebook-owned messaging platform finally received the go-ahead from the National Payments Corporation of India to roll out its services in phases. The platform had received RBI’s approval as well after ensuring authorities that it will comply with data localisation norms.
- WhatsApp, post the launch of its digital payments platform, will compete against similar platforms such as Paytm and Google Pay amid India’s strengthening digital payments market. Facebook Inc, WhatsApp’s parent company, had launched a new platform Facebook Pay in the US in November 2019. The platform which is a unified payments service allows users to make payments across Facebook-owned platforms including WhatsApp and Instagram without having to exit the app.
- The company had also introduced a ‘shopping catalogue’ feature on WhatsApp in November 2019 for users in Brazil, Germany, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Britain and the US. The feature enables WhatsApp Business app users to display a “mobile storefront” where they can display a digital catalogue of their products with images and prices, according to a Reuters report.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Gehlot government to create separate identity card for transgender community in Rajasthan
- A major initiative by the Gehlot Government to connect the transgender community with the mainstream society has been undertaken. Now, separate identity cards will be issued for transgenders in the state, so that the people of the community can get the benefit of government jobs as well as all government schemes.
- Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Master Bhanwarlal Meghwal stated, Rules will be made in collaboration with the State Personnel Department, so that the participation of this community in government jobs can also be ensured. The only transgender in the state got a government job in police under woman’s quota.He further stated that there should be a separate identity card for this community so that government schemes along with government recruitment can also benefit them.
- Human Rights groups have been asking for transgenders to be included in the mainstream society for the longest time. Clearing Further doubts about the plan, Meghwal also informed that orders have been issued in writing to all the district collectors of the state to create a separate identity card for this community. A committee constituted under the chairmanship of the District Collector will conduct a census of every transgender community in the state.
Jammu and Kashmir government to announce horticulture policy
- Jammu and Kashmir government will announce a horticulture policy to tackle upcoming marketing challenges and increase the production manifold.
- The Policy will focus to increase production and tackle climate change, given the unique temperature of this place.
- Mr Lone informed that this Horticulture Policy will help increase horticulture revenue in Jammu and Kashmir from current 8,000 crore rupees to 50,000 crore rupees per annum.
- Horticulture is one of the important sectors which contributes immensely to strengthen the financial condition of Jammu and Kashmir, as well as in employment generation.
- Horticulture is a source of livelihood for 33 lakh population in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir. About seven lakh families are directly or indirectly involved and depend on the Horticulture sector.
Telangana CM inaugurates JBS-MGBS corridor-II of Hyderabad Metro Rail
- Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhara Rao has inaugurated the Jubilee Bus Station (JBS) – Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station (MGBS) corridor -II of Hyderabad Metro Rail (HMR) in Hyderabad.
- The JBS – MGBS stretch is part of 78 km JBS – Falaknuama metro corridor. With the inaugural of this stretch, a total of 69.2 km metro corridor comes into operational, improving the connectivity between the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad. This stretch has nine metro stations and takes 16 minutes to cover against 40 minutes by road.
- Hyderabad Metro Rail is considered as the world’s largest Public-Private Partnership(PPP) project in the metro sector. With the inaugural of corridor – II, Hyderabad Metro Rail is poised to be the second biggest metro network in the country after Delhi Metro.
Energy department sanctions Rs 740 crore
- The Energy Department has sanctioned Rs 740 crore towards letter of credit (LoC) to be given to central generating stations (CGSs) and other generators for the month of February. The department has also sanctioned another Rs 6 crore to be paid as interest for various series of Andhra Pradesh Power Finance Corporation bonds.
- According to a series of orders issued by Energy secretary Srikant Nagulapalli, the government has given administrative sanction for LoC to ensure uninterrupted power. The payment will be made to CGSs and other generators against the subsidy payable to APSPDCL and APEPDCL in the ratio of 61% APSPDCL: 39% APEPDCL, the order (RT 12) said.
- LoC is a payment security mechanism made mandatory by the Union Ministry of Power last year to cut down the pendency in the payments to be made to power generators by power utilities in the country.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
Emami inks pact with Nirma group arm to sell cement biz for Rs 5,500 crore
- Kolkata-based diversified conglomerate Emami Group has agreed to sell its cement unit to Nuvoco Vistas Corporation Ltd — a subsidiary of Nirma Group — in an effort to pare debt. It has entered into a binding agreement with Nuvoco Vistas for the sale of Emami Cement Limited (ECL) for an enterprise value of 5,500 crore. The transaction is subject to approval from the Competition Commission and is expected to be completed in the next 3-4 months.
- Emami Cement operates one integrated cement plant in Risdah, Chhattisgarh; and grinding units in Bihar, West Bengal and Odisha with a total installed capacity of 8.3 million tonnes per annum; and with mining leases in Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan and Andhra Pradesh. “
About Competition Commission of India (CCI):
- Headquarters- New Delhi
- Founded- 2003
- Chairman- Ashok Kumar Gupta
About Emami Group:
- Headquarters- Kolkata, West Bengal
- Founded- 1974
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)- Shri Vivek Chawla
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
UP government signs 23 MoUs worth Rs 50,000 crore during DefExpo
- The Uttar Pradesh government signed 23 Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) of worth Rs 50,000 crore with different firms during the ongoing DefExpo-2020. Confirming the signing of MoUs by UP Industrial and Expressway Development Authority (UPIEDA) on behalf of UP government, CM Yogi Adityanath said that the deals would open new employment opportunities for over 3lakh youth in the state.
- The Chief Minister stated that those deals were signed during ‘Bandhan’ programme of Defence Expo-2020. Ministry of Defence has made an emotional connect through those deals and naming the MoU signing programme as ‘Bandhan’. All the MoUs signed under Bandhan programme deal with defence production, research and its development.
- Elaborating further, CM Yogi said investment of over Rs 2.5 lakh crore had come to the state during the last 2.5 years. It will directly help in providing employment to over 33 lakh people.
- While signing the MoUs, the CM assured all the entrepreneurs that their investment would be safe and Uttar Pradesh would set new benchmark in the field of defence production.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Britain appoints Karen Pierce as next ambassador to U.S.
- Britain appointed its current UN envoy Karen Pierce as the next ambassador to the United States.
- Britain’s previous top diplomat in Washington Kim Darroch had resigned last year over his controversial comments on US President Donald Trump in leaked diplomatic cables.
- The appointment has been keenly watched to fill a vacuum left by Darroch’s departure in July last year, and as Britain and the United States prepare for talks over a post-Brexit trade deal.
- Pierce, a career diplomat who has previously served in Washington as private secretary to the British ambassador between 1992 and 1996, is the first woman to hold the post.
Philip Barton appointed Britain’s new High Commissioner to India
- Britain appointed career diplomat Philip Barton as its High Commissioner to India to succeed Dominic Asquith.
- Barton will take up his appointment during Spring 2020, a statement from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) stated.
- Barton was the Director General, Consular and Security at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office from April 2017 until January 2020.
- Barton joined the FCO in 1986 and is a career diplomat.He has been posted overseas in Caracas, New Delhi, Gibraltar as Deputy Governor and Washington as Deputy Ambassador.
- He was British High Commissioner to Pakistan from 2014 to 2016.
- Most recently, Philip has been Acting Chairman of the Joint Intelligence Committee.
- Before that, he was on secondment to the International Institute for Strategic Studies as a Consulting Senior Fellow focusing on South Asian issues.
- Philip was Private Secretary to Prime Ministers John Major and Tony Blair.
Credit Suisse CEO Tidjane Thiam exits after spying scandal
- Credit Suisse had accepted Chief Executive Tidjane Thiam’s resignation following a spying scandal. The Zurich-based bank stated he would be replaced by Thomas Gottstein, the head of the bank’s Swiss business. Credit Suisse’s board also said Chairman Urs Rohner had backing to complete his term that runs until April 2021.
- Switzerland’s second-biggest bank has been embroiled in a widening crisis since September when its former star wealth manager, Iqbal Khan, after switching to rival UBS, confronted a private detective following him and his wife through downtown Zurich.
About Credit Suisse:
- Founded– 1856
- Founder– Alfred Escher & Allgemeine Deutsche Credit-Anstalt
- Headquarters– Zürich, Switzerland
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Sridhar Vembu, Kiran Majumdar Shaw, Keshav Murugesh among 17 shortlisted for EY award
- EY has announced 17 finalists for the Entrepreneur of the Year – India (EOY) 2019 Awards.
- Sridhar Vembu, Kiran Majumdar Shaw, Keshav Murugesh were among the 17 people in the shortlist for the EY Entrepreneur of the Year Award. The finalists were selected from among 225 nominations, and will be felicitated on 19 February in New Delhi.
- The winner of the Entrepreneur of the Year Award from India will represent the country at the EY World Entrepreneur of the Year Award (WEOY) in Monte Carlo from June 4-7, 2020.
- Together, the finalists have combined revenues of Rs 1,00,000 crore, and are providing employment to more than 1,15,000 people in India and abroad.
- An eight-member independent jury panel led by Uday Kotak, MD and CEO, Kotak Mahindra Bank.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
IIT Madras to join hands with AIIMS Mangalagiri for quality healthcare delivery
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras will join hands with AIIMS Mangalagiri on affordable future technological solutions in multiple areas such as patient safety and quality healthcare.
- The Institute stated that the partnership between these institutions would also feature academic and research collaborations in areas of mutual interest, exchange of scholarly information, students and faculty besides sponsorship of joint seminars, workshops, health and wellness projects of high impact.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
BDL introduces new missile at DefExpo-2020
- Hyderabad-based missile systems and ammunition manufacturer Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) launched its new product, the Amogha-III Anti-Tank Guided Missile, during the Defexpo-2020 at Lucknow.
- The missile, with a dual-mode IIR seeker, has a range of over 200 to 2,500 metres. Equipped with a tandem warhead, Amogha-III is a top direct attack missile. It will be commercialised after successful completion of user trials.
- The missile is developed by the BDL with support from the DRDO. The first model of the same was handed over by the CMD of BDL Commodore Siddharth Mishra (Retd) to Defense Minister Rajnath Singh at the event.
- At the same event, another ammo manufactured by the BDL, namely Varunastra, was handed over to the Indian Navy. The heavy-weight torpedo and underwater weapon developed by the NSTL, DRDO is an advanced ship with a variable speed facility at 20 and 40 knots and is capable of successfully targeting quiet, anechoic submarines operating in shallow/deep waters in an intense Acoustic Counter Measure Environment.
- Varunastra handed over to the Navy
- At the same event, another ammo manufactured by the BDL, namely Varunastra, was handed over to the Indian Navy. The heavy-weight torpedo and underwater weapon developed by the NSTL, DRDO is an advanced ship with a variable speed facility at 20 and 40 knots
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Weightlifting: Chandrakant Mali creates 3-records in his men’s 109kg title victory
- In Weightlifting, Chandrakant Mali created three records in his men’s 109kg title victory on the concluding day of the National Championships at Kolkata
- Services lifter Mali, who ed new snatch (149kg), clean and jerk (181kg) and total (330kg) records, posted a convincing win. Railways’ Anikit Chhoker and A. Christopher bagged silver and bronze after registering an identical aggregate of 316kg.
- Gurdeep Singh of Railways lifted a total of 367kg to claim the men’s 109kg gold medal. Mirabai Chanu (women’s 49kg) and Jeremy Lalrinnunga (men’s 67kg) emerged as ‘Best Lifters’. Railways retained team championships in men and women sections.
Shooting: Ayushi Podder wins women’s 50 metres Rifle 3 Positions
- In Shooting, Ayushi Podder won the women’s 50 metres Rifle 3 Positions (3P), while S. Divya and Adarsh Singh claimed the titles in the women’s 10 metres Air Pistol and men’s 25 metres Centre Fire Pistol T1 events on the penultimate day of the National Trials for Rifle and Pistol in Thiruvananthapuram
- West Bengal’s Ayushi, in fact, won both the senior and junior categories in women’s 3P, shooting 452.3 in the senior category and 0.1 less in the junior final to take home a coveted double. She got the better of Tamil Nadu’s N. Gaayathri in the senior final by 0.4 points and Madhya Pradhesh’s Bandhvi Singh in the junior event by 0.9 points.
- In the women’s 10 metres Air Pistol final, Karnataka’s Divya came up trumps in a low-scoring final, finishing ahead of experienced Shweta Singh, to shot 235.3. Aadhya Tayal of Rajasthan was third with a score of 214.9. In the men’s 25 metres Centre Fire Pistol event, Haryana’s Adarsh continued his good form and shot 582 to leave Rajkanwar Singh Sandhu of Punjab (581) in second place. Yogesh of the Indian Navy was third with a score of 579.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Veteran cricket journalist Raju Bharatan passes away
- Noted film historian and cricket journalist Raju Bharatan passed away following a prolonged illness. He was 86.
- Bharatan was associated with the Illustrated Weekly of India for 42 years. He retired as Assistant Editor, after having worked with stalwarts like Khushwant Singh, MV Kamat, Pritish Nandy and Anil Dharker.
- During his long tenure with the Weekly, he produced two cricket specials which hit all-time high circulations of 4.05 lakh and 3.8 lakh. He was also a columnist for Sportstar and Indian cricket for many years.
- He also directed “The Victory Story” (1974) the first full-length cricket documentary for Films Division. The film chronicled the first-ever victory of the Indian cricket team over England during the tour of 1972 and ran to packed houses across the country on its release.
DAILY CA 7th FEB
- International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation– FEB 6TH
- Govt has set target of installation of 100 GigaWatt solar power by Dec 2022
- Around 5,70000 inhabited village including gram panchayats covered by mobile service: Govt
- 39 Mega Food Parks and 298 Integrated Cold Chain Projects sanctioned under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY)
- Sri Lanka PM Rajapaksa to visit India on February 7
- IOC signs first term contract for importing Russian crude oil
- RBI’s 6th Bi-monthly Monetary Policy 2019-20 released: RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 15%
- SBI cuts MCLR by 5 basis points across tenors
- PhonePe to create world’s biggest ATM network of 2 mn in India by year end
- AIIB likely to lend $3 bn to Andhra Pradesh for development projects
- NABARD estimates Rs 34,421 crore credit potential for Chhattisgarh
- MP govt to use drones for mapping villages
- Telangana CM to inaugurate 11-km stretch of elevated Hyderabad Metro Rail
- LinkedIn chief executive Jeff Weiner is stepping down as CEO after 11 years
- Thackeray presents award to veteran journalist Raikar
- President Kovind presents International Gandhi Awards for Leprosy
- Veteran writer Manoj Das to receive Mystic Kalinga Literary Award
- IIM-Bengaluru ranks third in MOOC performance among B-Schools globally
- DefExpo 2020: ‘Lucknow Declaration’ adopted at India-Africa Defence Conclave
- NASA astronaut Christina Koch returns to Earth after record-setting stay in space
- Mizoram win Junior National Football C’ship for Dr BC Roy Trophy
- Rohit Rajpal to continue as India’s Davis Cup captain
- SAI, Hockey India launch High Performance Centres
- Kirk Douglas, Hollywood legend passes away
- Former minister of Madhya Pradesh, Rajendra Prakash Singh passes away
- Kolkata’s first cabaret dancer Miss Shefali passes away
DAILY CA 8th FEB
- India-Central Asia business council launched
- More than 1.27 cr pads of Suvidha Sanitary Napkins sold through Jan Aushadhi Kendras
- Govt launched NCAP as a long-term national level strategy to tackle air pollution: Babul Supriyo
- SC appoints retired Kerala HC judge to prepare inventory of ornaments at Sabarimala temple
- US India’s preferred trade partner in journey to be $5 trn economy: Envoy
- LIC new biz premium crosses Rs 1.5L-cr-mark
- Income tax dept launches e-calculator to compare due tax under new, old regime
- RBI to conduct first repo operation on February 17 for Rs 25,000 crore
- WhatsApp gets NCPI nod to launch digital payments platform WhatsApp Pay, say reports
- Gehlot government to create separate identity card for transgender community in Rajasthan
- Jammu and Kashmir government to announce horticulture policy
- Telangana CM inaugurates JBS-MGBS corridor-II of Hyderabad Metro Rail
- Energy department sanctions Rs 740 crore
- Emami inks pact with Nirma group arm to sell cement biz for Rs 5,500 crore
- UP government signs 23 MoUs worth Rs 50,000 crore during DefExpo
- Britain appoints Karen Pierce as next ambassador to U.S.
- Philip Barton appointed Britain’s new High Commissioner to India
- Credit Suisse CEO Tidjane Thiam exits after spying scandal
- Sridhar Vembu, Kiran Majumdar Shaw, Keshav Murugesh among 17 shortlisted for EY award
- IIT Madras to join hands with AIIMS Mangalagiri for quality healthcare delivery
- BDL introduces new missile at DefExpo-2020
- Weightlifting: Chandrakant Mali creates 3-records in his men’s 109kg title victory
- Shooting: Ayushi Podder wins women’s 50 metres Rifle 3 Positions
- Veteran cricket journalist Raju Bharatan passes away