Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
World Hindi Day
- The day is commemorated every year on January 10th with the objective to promote use of Hindi language abroad. Special functions are being organized to mark the occasion.
- On this day in 2006 the First World Hindi Conference was organized in Nagpur with the aim to promote the language worldwide and since then every year 10th January is being observed as the World Hindi Day.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Census India-2021 to begin on 1st April; To be conducted through mobile app
- Census India-2021 will begin on 1st of April this year and will end on 30th of September. Census India-2021 will be conducted through a mobile phone application, moving away from the traditional pen and paper.
- Enumerators of the census will seek the information of mobile number of the head of the family, information related to toilets, TV, Internet, vehicles owned, source of drinking water besides asking other questions during the house listing phase of the exercise.
Indian Railways to source about 1000 MW Solar Power by 2021-22; Nandyal – Yerraguntla section in Guntakal Division has been declared as the first solar section in South Central Railway
- All 08 stations in the section provided with solar panels at one stretch; capable of meeting all the power needs of these railway stations.
- Indian Railways has planned to source about 1000 Mega Watt (MW) Solar Power and about 200 MW of wind power progressively by 2021-22 across Zonal Railways & Production Units. Of this, 500 Mega Watt (MW) solar plants are to be installed on the roof top of Railway buildings which will be used to meet non-traction loads at Railway Stations, etc. About 500 MW land based solar plants will be used to meet both traction & non-traction requirements.
- South Central Railway is one of the zones actively implementing several measures aimed at energy conservation by harnessing renewable energy. One of the significant actions taken in this direction has been the installation of solar panels at stations, service buildings, LC gates etc across the zone.
- The Nandyal – Yerraguntla section in Guntakal Division has been declared as the first solar section in South Central Railway. All the 08 stations in the section – Madduru, Banaganapalle, Koilakuntla, Sanjamala, Nossam, S.Uppalapadu, Jammalamadugu and Proddutur – have been provided with solar panels capable of meeting all the power needs at these railway stations.
About Indian Railways:
- Headquarters- New Delhi
- Ministry of Railway- Piyush Goyal
- Chairman of Railway Board- Vinod Kumar Yadav
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Indian Consulate in Dubai to issue passports under tatkal scheme on same day
- Indian Consulate in Dubai will issue passports under the tatkal scheme on the same day with certain conditions. The announcement was made by Consul General Vipul on the occasion of the Pravasi Bhatiya Divas celebrations .
- The Consul General was addressing the Indian expats who had gathered in large number on the occasion. However, he stated that the application for the passport had to be made before noon and additional fees will be charged for the service. The passport will be given to the applicant by the evening.
- Passports under the Tatkal scheme in any case were being given within 24 hours. The announcement came as a boon especially for people who have to travel under emergency condition. The Consulate in Dubai receives about 850 applications for passport applications.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Eight NE states to participate in Madhavpur Mela of Gujarat
- The eight States of the Northern Eastern Region will participate in a big way during the Madhavpur Mela of Gujarat due to be held in the first week of April this year.
- The annual fair is held at Madhavpur Ghed in Porbandar district and the Mela this year will commence on 2ndApril, a day after the Ram Navami festival.
- This will mark the cultural integration of Gujarat with the North-East under the Ek Bharat, Shrestha Bharat announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The Madhavpur Mela of Gujarat shares its connect to the Mishmi Tribe of Arunachal Pradesh. The Mishmi Tribe traces its ancestry to the legendary King Bhishmak and through him to his daughter Rukmini and Lord Krishna.
- The festival celebrates the immortal journey which Rukmini undertook from Arunachal Pradesh to Gujarat with Lord Bhismaknagar, located near Roing in the lower Dibang Valley district, also finds mention in Kalika Purana.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Cultural Capital: Vadodara
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- Chief minister: Vijay Rupani
- National parks :Gir Forest National Park ,Blackbuck National Park, Marine National Park, Gulf of Kutch, Vansda National Park
Delhi polls launched 24×7 control room to monitor black money
- The Income-Tax Department has launched a 24×7 control room to monitor black money and illegal inducements in poll-bound Delhi.
- A toll-free number- 1800117574 – where people can inform the department about any activity of use of money power, illegal distribution of cash among other such election-related crimes.
Recent news related to delhi :
- World Book Fair, 2020 at New Delhi
- India & Australia hold third 2+2 dialogue in New Delhi
- Delhi enters list of top 10 most popular destinations in the world
- 2019 World Conference on Access to Medical Products held in New Delhi
- 2nd South Asia Safety Summit held in New Delhi
- Aadi Mahotsav: Fortnight long Tribal Festival being held in New Delhi
- NMCG organized ‘Ganga Utsav’ in New Delhi
- PRAKHAR: Delhi Police’s anti-street crime vans
Jammu and Kashmir: Tourism Dept launches publicity campaign at SATTE 2020 to showcase diverse tourism attractions.
- Jammu and Kashmir Tourism Department has launched a massive publicity campaign at the ongoing South Asian Trade and Travel Exchange Expo (SATTE), 2020, to showcase diverse tourism attractions of the twin regions.
- The three-day expo, sponsored by J&K Tourism Department and supported by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, has been organized in New Delhi .
- The 27th Edition of SATTE has witnessed participation of over 1,000 delegates from over 50 countries and 28 Indian states. Aimed at building new business partnerships, SATTE is an important avenue for the promotion of tourism.
Kashmir to be connected with rest of India through rail by December 2021
- Kashmir will be connected to rest of the country through Railway network by December next year as the government has set a fresh deadline for completion of the world’s highest Railway bridge.
- The Rail line is expected to be 35 metres taller than the Eiffel Tower. it was most challenging project in the post-independent history of Indian Railways.
- The massive arch-shaped structure, being constructed in hostile terrain, which will consume over 5,462 tonnes of steel and will be 359 metres above the river bed.
- Designed to withstand wind speeds of up to 260 kilometres per hour, the 315 km-long engineering marvel will connect Bakkal (Katra) and Kauri (Srinagar).
- The bridge forms a crucial link in the 111-kilometre stretch between Katra and Banihal, which is part of the Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla Rail Link Project.
Kerala’s Chief Minister launches website for NRK’s investment
- Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has launched the website of Overseas Keralites Investment and Holding Ltd, set up by the State Government to attract investment from the Non-Resident Keralites (NRK).
- The Chief Minister, who is also the Chairman of the company launched the website okih.org at ASCEND 2020, which began at Lulu Bolgatty International Convention Centre.
- The company was announced in the first Loka Kerala Sabha with the vision of ‘Global thought for local growth’ to ensure participation of Non-Resident Keralites in State’s development and provide them reasonable and assured returns. The company was formed in August 2019.
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANACE
Sale of Electoral Bonds at Authorised Branches of State Bank of India (SBI)
- As per provisions of the Scheme, Electoral Bonds may be purchased by a person who is a citizen of India or incorporated or established in India. A person being an individual can buy Electoral Bonds, either singly or jointly with other individuals.
- Only the Political Parties registered under Section 29A of the Representation of the People Act, 1951 (43 of 1951) and which secured not less than one per cent of the votes polled in the last General Election to the House of the People or the Legislative Assembly of the State, shall be eligible to receive the Electoral Bonds.
- The Electoral Bonds shall be encashed by an eligible Political Party only through a Bank account with the Authorized Bank.
- State Bank of India (SBI), in the XIII Phase of sale, has been authorised to issue and encash Electoral Bonds through its 29 Authorized Branches w.e.f. 01.2020 to 22.01.2020.
- It may be noted that Electoral Bonds shall be valid for fifteen calendar days from the date of issue and no payment shall be made to any payee Political Party if the Electoral Bond is deposited after expiry of the validity period. The Electoral Bond deposited by an eligible Political Party in its account shall be credited on the same day.
RBI amends KYC norms, allows banks to use V-CIP
- The RBI has amended the KYC norms allowing banks and other lending institutions regulated by it to use Video based Customer Identification Process (V-CIP), a move which will help them onboard customers remotely.
- The V-CIP, which will be consent-based, will make it easier for banks and other regulated entities to adhere to the RBI’s Know Your Customer (KYC) norms by leveraging the digital technology.
- The Reserve Bank decided to permit video based Customer Identification Process (V-CIP) as a consent based alternate method of establishing the customer’s identity, for customer onboarding with a view to leveraging the digital channels for Customer Identification Process (CIP) by regulated entities (REs).
- The RBI further stated that the regulated entities will have to ensure that the video recording is stored in a safe and secure manner and bears the date and time stamp.
- Last year, the government had notified amendment to the Prevention of Money-laundering (Maintenance of Records) Rules, 2005. As per the circular, the reporting entity should capture a clear image of PAN card to be displayed by the customer during the process.
- It further stated that the official of the reporting entity should ensure that the photograph and the identification details in Aadhaar, PAN should match with the details provided by the customer. It also stated that Live location of the customer (Geotagging) shall be captured to ensure that customer is physically present in India.
Growth in India projected to ‘decelerate’ to 5 per cent in 2019-2020: World Bank
- India’s growth rate is projected to decelerate to five per cent in 2019-20 amid enduring financial sector issues, according to a World Bank report, which stated the country’s GDP was likely to recover to 5.8 per cent in the following financial year.
- India’s GDP growth is seen dipping to an 11-year low of 5 per cent in the current fiscal, mainly due to poor showing by the manufacturing and construction sectors, government data .
- In India, where weakness in credit from non-bank financial companies is expected to linger, growth is projected to slow to five per cent in fiscal year 2019-20, which ends March 31 and recover to 8 per cent the following fiscal year,” the Bank stated in its latest edition of the Global Economic Prospects
About world bank:
- Motto: Working for a World Free of Poverty
- Formation: July 1944; 75 years ago
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C.
- David Malpass -President
- Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer -Anshula Kant
- Chief Economist -Penny Goldberg
SBI launches promotional campaign with Metro Cash & Carry in Bengaluru
- State Bank of India (SBI), in a joint promotional campaign with Metro Cash & Carry India, has launched value-added services at its Bengaluru Centre. Similar promotional campaigns are planned at Metro Cash & Carry centres across the country.
- Under the arrangement, SBI will offer existing and new customers of Metro Cash & Carry, services such as opening SBI current accounts, issuing business debit cards, POS machines, digital products and other asset products. Loans are also being offered to eligible Metro customers for renovation of their outlets.
- The campaign was launched simultaneously at three Metro Cash & Carry stores at Yeshwanthpur, Binneypet and Kanakapura and at SBI Mahalaxmi Layout, Chamrajpet and Doddakallasandra branches.
- SBI’s existing and new SME customers will also be offered pre-approved Metro Cash & Carry cards along with a welcome gift voucher.
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 July 1955
- Managing director: Anshula Kant
- Tagline : With you all the way, Pure Banking Nothing Else, The Nation’s banks on us.
Govt to propose easing foreign investment rules further
- India is considering further opening up its insurance and aviation sectors to foreign investors to help spur the economy, according to people familiar with the matter.
- The Finance Ministry has suggested increasing the limit on foreign direct investment in insurance and pension companies to 74% from the present 49% and allowing foreign airlines to own Indian carriers.
- It also wants to allow 100% foreign investment in railway operations, education, and rental housing management companies. FDI is currently prohibited in railway operations.
- The government wants to increase the amount of FDI to as much as 6% of gross domestic product, compared with less than 2% now.
Abhibus ties up with IRCTC
- com, an online marketplace for bus ticketing services, has tied up with IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation), allowing its customers to buy or cancel tickets.
- They can postpone their tickets as well on its platform. AbhiBus.com customer can also use the platform locator option and coach position to directly move to the respective platform and in the direction of the coach without wasting time checking for that information.
In a first, HDFC Bank launches myApps to boost digital payments
- HDFC Bank launched myApps application to boost digital payments in India. myApps is a unique customised suite of banking products to benefit urban local bodies, housing societies, local clubs and gymkhanas and religious institutions.
- In a first, HDFC bank is helping organisations to entirely digitise their ecosystem through myApps. At present HDFC Bank is offering four types of applications — mySociety, myClub, myPrayer and myCity.
- myApps will allow institutions to customise their branding and content. One can publish their application on the Google PlayStore or Apple AppStore in the name of the institution. myApps will be free to all members of each institution. There will be no monthly subscription charges. Members can pay monthly bill or fee and make an online booking for different facilities via myApps.
- myApps will enable the organisation to get easy access to reports on payments, facilities booked by members, requests and complaints registered by users. They can also use the app to broadcast notices and engage with members on various events. There are also no restrictions on the number of users.
- CEO: Aditya Puri
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: August 1994, India
- Tagline : We understand your world.
India needs 6.3% labour productivity growth to clock 8% GDP: India Ratings
- India Ratings and Research stated that the country will have to increase its labour productivity growth to 3 per cent to attain 8 per cent economic growth.The labour productivity growth in FY19 was 5.2 per cent.
- “India will have to raise its labour productivity growth to 6.3 per cent to achieve 8 per cent GDP growth. And to attain nine per cent growth, labour productivity growth will have to be raised to 3 per cent.
This is 40.4 per cent higher than the level attained in FY19.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
Zero-Budget Natural Farming: AP govt inks Rs 711 cr loan pact with German bank
- KfW, a German development bank, will assist the Andhra Pradesh government with a Rs 711 crore loan for expanding the climate-resilient Zero-Budget Natural Farming (ZBNF) in the state over the next five years.
- The state government will spend another Rs 304 crore on the project under which 2.39 lakh farmers in 591 village panchayats will be encouraged to take up ZBNF.
- The ZBNF project is being undertaken by the state government, dovetailing the Rastriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) and Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY) of the Centre, with the Azim Premji Philanthropic Initiatives extending technical support.
- It has already launched ZBNF is over 3,011 villages covering an extent of 1.28 lakh hectares.
- Agriculture Minister Kanna Babu also launched a toll-free number, 1800 599 3366, for enquiries related to the insurance scheme launched by the YSRCP government. The helpline will be functional from 10 am to 10 pm.
- YSR Rythu Bharosa for financial assistance to farmers, interest-free loans, free insurance for farmers, free borewell and free power supply to farmlands are among the schemes announced for farmers.
About Andhra Pradesh:
- Capital- Amaravati .
- Governor- Biswabhusan Harichandan.
- Dams- Nagarjuna sagar dam, Srisailam Dam.
- National Parks(NP)- Papikonda National Park, Sri Venkateswara National Park.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Hudco appoints M Nagaraj as Chairman, Managing Director
- State-owned Housing and Urban Development Corporation (Hudco) stated that M Nagaraj has been appointed the company’s Chairman and Managing Director.
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has conveyed the approval of the competent authority to assign the current charge of the post of Chairman and Managing Director, Hudco, to M Nagaraj for a period of three months with immediate effect or until further orders whichever is earlier.
- Nagaraj is also Director (Corporate Planning) of the company.
- He has an experience of around 28 years in multitude of sectors such as housing, infrastructure finance, skill development and micro finance in social sector, and international trading.
- Headquarters: New Delhi.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Author Jasbinder Bilan wins UK Costa Children’s award 2019
- Indian born-author Jasbinder Bilan’s debut novel ‘Asha and the Spirit Bird’ focussing on readers of age range 9 years and above,beat the competition and named as the winner of 2019 UK(United Kingdom) children’s book award named Costa Children’s Award.
- Gothic romance featuring ‘twisted love affair’ wins Costa first novel award.
- The story is about eleven-years-old Asha, who is empowered with spiritual connections to her grandmother as she journeys through the wild and dangerous Himalayas with her best friend Jeevan.
Prof. MS Swaminathan & Dr. G Muniratnam chosen for Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu National Awards
- Swaminathan chosen for his contribution to agriculture & Dr Muniratnam for social service.Awards meant to inspire others to emulate the awardees – Vice President. VP attends the Sankranti Celebrations organized by Swarna Bharat Trust
- Eminent Agricultural Scientist Dr M S Swaminathan and well-known social worker, Dr. Gutta Muniratnam were respectively chosen as the first recipients of ‘Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu National Award for Excellence’ and ‘Muppavarapu National Award for Social Service’’The National Award for Excellence was instituted by the Muppavarapu Foundation, while the one for Social Service was launched by the Swarna Bharat Trust, in Hyderabad . M.S. Swaminathan was awarded for his distinguished contributions to the field of agriculture while Dr G Muniratnam, was awarded for his extraordinary contribution in improving quality of people’s lives through social service.
- A plant geneticist by training, Professor Swaminathan’s contributions to the agricultural renaissance of India have led to his being widely referred to as the scientific leader of the green revolution movement.
- Dr Muniratnam is Founder Secretary of Tirupati -based Rashtriya Seva Samiti and an exemplary social worker. He dedicated his life to the cause of transforming rural India by empowering people.
Each award carries a cash prize of Rupees Five Lakh and citation.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
‘Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020’ to be held on 20th Jan
- The third edition of Prime Minister’s Interaction with school students, “Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020”, will be held at Talkatora Stadium in New Delhi on 20th of this month.
- Over 2000 students, parents and teachers will be participating from all over India in this event.
- The Human Resource Development Ministry in partnership with MyGov last month launched a ‘short essay’ competition for students of classes 9 to 12 for the third edition of Prime Minister’s Interaction with school students.
- PPC2020 will have the ‘Town Hall’ format , which is unique in itself wherein the Prime Minister interacts with school students at the Talkatora Stadium, New Delhi. This format was a huge success during the last 2 years.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
India to Launch GSAT-30 Communication Satellite
- India will launch a heavy communication satellite GSAT-30 on January 17 from Kourou space centre in French Guiana on board an Ariane-5 rocket of the European Space Agency (Arianespace).
- The launch of GSAT-30 from Kourou will be our first satellite in the New Year (2020) to augment capacity to provide communication links to state-run and private service providers.
- The Paris-based Arianespace launched the space agency’s GSAT-31 on February 6, 2019, with 1-2K bus structure to provide communication services from geo-stationary orbit in Ku-band for 15 years.
- ISRO planning to have 25 launches this year, including Aditya-L1 satellite, which will be inserted in a halo orbit around the Lagrangian point (L1), about 1.5 million km from the earth.
- Aditya will also study the Chromosphere (ultra-violent) and the particle flux emanating from the sun and reaching the L1 orbit.
- During 2019, six launch vehicle and seven satellite missions were realised by us. The year also marked also marked the 50th launch of the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV).
DBT funds a biotech-kisan hub at Tamil Nadu Agricultural University
- The Department of Biotechnology in the Union Ministry of Science and Technology has provided funds to Coimbatore-based Tamil Nadu Agricultural University to set up a biotechnology-KISAN hub under its farmers-centric mission Biotech-Krishi Innovation Science Application Network (Biotech-KISAN) programe to link India’s farmers with Indian and global best in science.
- The hub has a low cost hydrponic demonstration unit, silage making facility, moisture meter, a nutritional forage cafeteria and a power back up facility to ensure uninterrupted power supply to the demonstration unit.
The hub has been established at a cost of Rs. 11.14 lakhs at the Department of Forage Crops in the Centre for Plant Breeding and Genetics at the University.
- Six scientists from the partnering institutes were selected and trained on improved fodder varieties and its cultivation and preservation.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Japan tops list of most powerful passports, India ranks 84th
- Japan, for the second time in a row, has topped a global index for the world’s most powerful passport in 2019, while India ranked at the 84th position.
- According to the Henley Passport Index, which periodically measures the access each country’s travel document affords, Japan retained its top spot as the world’s most travel-friendly passport due to the document’s access to 191 countries with a prior visa.
- Singapore is ranked at second position, allowing travel to 190 countries; South Korea and Germany shared 3rd position, with travel to 189 countries.
- India shares 84th position with Tajikistan and Mauritania, and is ranked lower than many African nations.
- The Henley Passport Index is based on data provided by the International Air Transport Authority (IATA) and covers 199 passports and 227 travel destinations.
About japan :
- Prime minister: Shinzō Abe
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese yen
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Visakhapatnam gearing up to host MILAN 2020
- Visakhapatnam is gearing up to host another International Naval event ‘MILAN’ in March 2020.
- The theme of the exercise for the year 2020 is ‘Synergy Across the Seas’.
- Milan exercise which will be hosted by Eastern Naval Command (ENC) aims to enhance professional interaction between foreign navies and also make use of the best practices in the maritime domain.
- MILAN 2020 is a multilateral naval exercise aimed to enhance professional interaction between friendly foreign navies and learn from each other’s strengths and best practices in the maritime domain.
- Of the 41 navies invited, confirmations from over 30 navies have been received towards their participation in MILAN 2020.
About Indian Navy :
- Chief of the Naval Staff- General Admiral Karambir Singh.
- Navy Day- December 4.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Folk singer and sarangi maestro Sharif Idu passes away
- Legendary balladeer and sarangi maestro from Punjab, Sharif Idu (80), passed away.
- He was conferred with the country’s highest honour for performing arts — the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award in 2006 in dhadi folk music category — by then President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam.
Buck Henry, screenwriter behind films like The Graduate and Heaven Can Wait, dies at 89
- Veteran screenwriter Buck Henry, credited for penning Hollywood classics such as The Graduate and Heaven Can Wait, has passed away at the age of 89.
- According to Deadline, Henry died after suffering a heart attack at Cedars-Sinai Health Center in Los Angeles.
- Born Henry Zuckerman in 1930 in New York City, the writer was the son of silent film star Ruth Taylor.
- He was known as Buck Hendry
DAILY CA-9TH JAN
- Pravasi Bharatiya Divas- 9th jan
- Institutions at Gujarat Ayurved University to get status of Institution of National Importance
- Govt approves over Rs 5000 cr project for natural gas supplies in Northeast
- Centre notifies new Wetland Conservation Rules
- IP based Video Surveillance System being installed by Indian Railways at railway stations to enhance security
- Art Exhibition inaugurated to mark 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi in Bangladesh
- SBI announces ‘residential builder finance with buyer guarantee’ scheme
- CCEA approves strategic disinvestment of 78 per cent equity shareholding of MMTC
- Paytm launches all-in-one QR for merchants
- Andhra Pradesh CM Jagan Mohan Reddy set to launch Amma Vodi scheme
- Gujarat to set up Vikram Sarabhai Children Innovation Center in state
- 31st International Kite Festival launched in Ahmedabad
- J&K registers highest Inpatient Department care in country
- Advantage Maharashtra expo 2020’ to be inaugurated
- Pedro Sánchez sworn in as PM of Spain
- Former PM Zoran Milanovic wins Croatia presidential polls
- Prashant Kishor and Kanhaiya Kumar feature in ‘list of 20 people to watch in 2020s’
- Pune to host fifth edition of global Drosophila conference
- Amit Shah released a book titled Karmayoddha Granth
- 3 Kerala cities in Economist list of world’s fastest growing urban regions; Malappuram tops
- 2019 second hottest year on record: Eurpean Union climate monitoring service
- India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier Vikrant likely to be commissioned by early 2021
- ITTF executive committee meeting to be held in New Delhi
- Virat Kohli retains top spot; Ajinkya Rahane, Cheteshwar Pujara slip in ICC Test rankings
- Weightlifter Sarbjeet Kaur banned for four years for doping violation
- Former Vellore MP Ulaganambi passes away
- Veteran Odissi Danseuse Minati Mishra passes away
DAILY CA-10TH JAN
- World Hindi Day-10th jan
- Census India-2021 to begin on 1st April; To be conducted through mobile app
- Indian Railways to source about 1000 MW Solar Power by 2021-22; Nandyal – Yerraguntla section in Guntakal Division has been declared as the first solar section in South Central Railway
- Indian Consulate in Dubai to issue passports under tatkal scheme on same day
- Eight NE states to participate in Madhavpur Mela of Gujarat
- Delhi polls launched 24×7 control room to monitor black money
- Jammu and Kashmir: Tourism Dept launches publicity campaign at SATTE 2020 to showcase diverse tourism attractions
- Kashmir to be connected with rest of India through rail by December 2021
- Kerala’s Chief Minister launches website for NRK’s investment
- Sale of Electoral Bonds at Authorised Branches of State Bank of India (SBI)
- RBI amends KYC norms, allows banks to use V-CIP
- Growth in India projected to ‘decelerate‘ to 5 per cent in 2019-2020: World Bank
- SBI launches promotional campaign with Metro Cash & Carry in Bengaluru
- Abhibus ties up with IRCTC
- In a first, HDFC Bank launches myApps to boost digital payments
- India needs 3% labour productivity growth to clock 8% GDP: India Ratings
- Zero-Budget Natural Farming: AP govt inks Rs 711 cr loan pact with German bank
- Hudco appoints M Nagaraj as Chairman, Managing Director
- Author Jasbinder Bilan wins UK Costa Children’s award 2019
- MS Swaminathan & Dr. G Muniratnam chosen for Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu National Awards
- ‘Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020’ to be held on 20th Jan
- India to Launch GSAT-30 Communication Satellite
- DBT funds a biotech-kisan hub at Tamil Nadu Agricultural University
- Japan tops list of most powerful passports, India ranks 84th
- Visakhapatnam gearing up to host MILAN 2020
- Folk singer and sarangi maestro Sharif Idu passes away
- Buck Henry, screenwriter behind films like The Graduate and Heaven Can Wait, dies at 89