Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Culture Minister Prahlad Singh Patel to inaugurate an exhibition titled Jallianwala Bagh in New Delhi on 11th March
- Culture Minister Prahlad Singh Patel will inaugurate an exhibition titled Jallianwala Bagh in New Delhi on the occasion of 130th Foundation Day of National Archives of India, NAI.
- The exhibition will be held at the NAI premises. Based on the original documents, the exhibition is an endeavour to commemorate the centenary of Jallianwala Bagh Massacre covering a period from 1915 to 1950.
- The present exhibition is primarily presented with the help of original and digital copies of archival documents relating to the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre available in National Archives of India.
- This is an earnest attempt to portray the relentless struggle of the Indian people against the British tyranny through the record holdings.
- The inauguration of exhibition will be preceded by the Foundation Day Lecture by Smt. Kishwar Desai on Jallianwala Bagh at National Archives.
Govt proposes to create 75 lakh Self Help Groups in two years to support women to earn livelihood
- Government is planning to create a total of 75 lakh Self Help Groups by 2022 to enable more women to get livelihood. Rural Development Minister Narendra Singh Tomar stated this while addressing a programme on Women’s Empowerment to mark International Women’s Day in New Delhi.
- Mr Tomar stated, Women’s Self Help Groups are the backbone of poverty alleviation programmes and the entire focus of the Ministry is oriented towards women’s emancipation. He stated there are over 60 lakh SHGs across the country mobilizing more than six crore 73 lakh women.
Govt to make sanitary napkin disposal bags mandatory from January 2021
- Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar has stated that Sanitary napkin makers will be asked to supply a biodegradable bag with each napkin from January 2021.
- Javadekar interacted with the members of the women garbage collectors organization in Pune . He stated that the possibility of getting infected because of handling used Sanitary Napkins thrown in the garbage was brought to notice by many of the women garbage collectors.
- That’s why Environment Ministry has taken the decision to ask Makers of Sanitary Napkins to provide biodegradable bags so that Napkins can be wrapped in these bags before being thrown in the garbage.
- On this, Mr. Javadekar announced that the sanitation norms for Corporations and municipalities will now be applied to villages with a population of more than three thousand.
- The minister also made an important announcement for Pune, saying that 50 small and 50 large waste classification centres will be set up in Pune and financial support for this will be made through the MPs fund. Pune Mayor Muralidhar Mohal was present on the occasion.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
United Nations adopts political declaration on women’s rights
- United Nations has adopted a stripped-down political declaration on women’s rights that seeks to preserve gains under threat but does not advocate new ways to ensure progress toward equality.
- The declaration was adopted during the 64th session of the Commission on the Status of Women, which has been drastically reduced from a two-week affair to a single hours-long meeting because of the global coronavirus outbreak.
- Addressing the meeting, the Secretary-General stated, Centuries of discrimination, deep-rooted patriarchy and misogyny have created a yawning gender power gap in our economies, our political systems and our corporations.
- The adopted text follows the main lines of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action of 1995, which sought to promote women’s emancipation and advancement around the world.
- The declaration expresses the UN’s concern that “overall, progress has not been fast or deep enough, that in some areas progress has been uneven, and that major gaps remain.”
- One diplomat noted that 75 percent of all members of parliament worldwide are still men.
- The declaration itself noted that 25 years after the Beijing summit, “no country has fully achieved gender equality.”
- They also pledge to fight against “human trafficking and modern slavery and other forms of exploitation,” and to ensure just treatment and provide support services for “all women victims of violence.”
- A UN declaration on women is approved every five years.
About United Nations:
- The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization that aims to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations among nations, achieve international cooperation, and be a center for harmonizing the actions of nations.
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945, San Francisco, California, United States
- Secretary general: António Guterres
Two new land ports to be added as entry points for Bangladeshis: High Commissioner Riva Ganguly Das
- Bangladeshi citizens travelling to India will have the option of two more land port entry points on their visas.
The Bangladeshi visitors to India will be able to enter India from Bhomra and Akhaura side of Bangladesh connecting Gojadanga and Agartala respectively on Indian side.
- Presently with a normal visa Bangladeshi people can travel to India from only two land ports Benapole and Petrpole apart from the travel by air and rail.
- This was announced by the High Commissioner of India to Bangladesh Riva Ganguly Das when she visited the office of the newspaper Prothom Alo in Dhaka
- She stated that the decision for allowing entry into India from these two additional land ports was taken during the visit of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to India in October last year which is now in the process of being implemented.
The other decision about increasing the frequency of Bandhan Express and Maitree Express trains has already been implemented.
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
FICCI-IBA survey Says Proportion of Banks Reporting Rise in NPA Levels Increases From 26% To 28% In July to December 2019
- The tenth round of the FICCI-IBA survey was carried out for the period July to December 2019. A total of 18 banks consisting of public sector, private sector and foreign banks participated in the survey. These banks together represent about 50% of the banking industry, as classified by asset size.
- The 10th FICCI-IBA survey asked bankers about their views on the measures that would help to improve the economic situation. Banks are of the view that rural distress should be addressed through laying emphasis on rural infrastructure development and stimulating demand by increasing the pace of fund transfers under the PM-Kisan and MGNREGA schemes. Some of the respondent banks also suggested that the government could undertake structural land and labour reforms, while taking measures to increase job creation in the country.
- A large number of participating bankers have mentioned that addressing the taxation issues by launching GST 2.0 regime and bringing a direct income tax code should be the top priority of the government at this moment.
- In the current round of Bankers’ survey, a relatively lower proportion of responding banks have reported a decline in the level of NPAs. As compared to the first half of 2019 in which nearly 52% of the respondents had reported a decline in the NPA levels, the proportion of respondent banks citing a reduction in NPAs in the current round of survey has reduced to 39%. The proportion of respondent banks reporting a rise in the NPA levels on the other hand has shown slight increase to 28% as against 26% in the preceding survey.
- Establishment– 1946
- Chairman– Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Establishment– 1927
- President– Sangita Reddy
- Secretary General– Dilip Chenoy
- Headquarters– New Delhi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Moody’s cuts India growth forecast to 5.3 per cent for 2020 on dampened domestic demand
- Moody’s Investors Service cut its growth forecast for India to 5.3 per cent for 2020 from 5.4 per cent estimated earlier, as it expects the coronavirus outbreak to dampen domestic demand globally.
- In its update on Global Macro Outlook for March, Moody’s stated the virus outbreak has spread rapidly outside China to a number of major economies.
- Apart from supply chain disruptions, it also expects consumption and investment to be affected and prices of oil and other commodities to remain around current lows until the end of June.
- Accordingly, Moody’s has revised growth forecasts for G20 economies to 2.1 per cent, 0.3 percentage point lower than the previous baseline.
- China’s 2020 growth forecast has also been reduced to 4.8 per cent from the previous estimate of 5.2 per cent.
- For the US, growth of 1.5 per cent is now expected, down from the previous estimate of 1.7 per cent.
- For India, Moody’s has projected growth at 5.3 per cent for 2020, lower than 5.4 per cent GDP expansion projected in February, taking into account baseline scenario of significant global disruption.
- Moody’s stated baseline forecasts for this year are based on two assumptions– the disruption of economic activity in the first half of this year will be followed by some recovery in global factory production and consumer demand in the second half; and warmer weather in the Northern Hemisphere in the spring and summer will weaken the spread of the virus.
- Moody’s Corporation, often referred to as Moody’s, is an American business and financial services company. It is the holding company for Moody’s Investors Service, an American credit rating agency, and Moody’s Analytics, an American provider of financial analysis software and services.
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- CEO: Raymond W. McDaniel Jr
CoinDCX launches crypto-referral initiative in India
- CoinDCX, a cryptocurrency trading platform has launched its crypto-referral initiative in India.
- This initiative is aimed at providing an incentive for crypto adoption by rewarding Rs 500 for every new referral in addition to Rs 500 worth of bitcoin for every new user.
- This programme, the company believes, will be one of the largest referral programmes in the Indian crypto sector.
- CoinDCX is an Indian cryptocurrency exchange which operates exclusively as a crypto-to-crypto trading platform offering more than 30 crypto trading pairs.The exchange allows Indian residents to legally trade more than 30 crypto trading pairs at a low trading fee. CoinDCX is not available to traders outside of India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Kerala to launch digital literacy drive ‘I am also digital’
- Kerala is all set to launch a massive total digital literacy campaign to ensure that the benefits of the state’s surge as an inclusive knowledge-based society reaches the grass roots level.
- The drive, powered by the Kerala State IT Mission under the Department of Information Technology and Kerala Literacy Mission, is titled as ‘I am also digital.’
- The programme aims at building capacity of the whole society to enjoy benefits of digital technology including a spectrum of online services and educate people about the cyber security issues in the context of the spurt in cybercrimes.
- The campaign would seek to create public awareness about e-governance and equip them to make use of various digital platforms through which a wide array of services are being delivered.
- The ambitious project will be pilot-launched in Thiruvananthapuram City Corporation soon, starting with selection of 50 master trainees having sound basic knowledge of handling online IT tools.
- The master trainees would instruct the ward-level instructors, who, in turn, would carry out the mission in their respective locality.
- The master trainees of the programme would be awarded certificates on completion of their training, jointly by IT Mission and State Literacy Mission, to acknowledge their service.
- Capital- Thiruvananthapuram.
- Chief Minister -Pinarayi Vijayan.
- Governor- Arif Mohammad Khan.
Delhi Metro to conduct online Customer satisfaction survey
- The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) is going to conduct an online ‘Customer Satisfaction Survey’ through its official website – delhimetrorailrail.com from 28th April to 25th May, 2014 to get feedback from the commuters on various aspects related to metro functioning.
- This particular survey will be unique in nature as, similar customer satisfaction surveys will also be simultaneously conducted by many other Metro systems across the world. The two main organizations of Metro systems globally – CoMET and NOVA (of which DMRC is a member), have come together to conduct this survey.
- After the completion of this almost month long survey, these organizations will compare the results and share the feedback received globally so that better services can be provided to the Metro commuters worldwide.
- This will be the first time, when DMRC will conduct an online survey. Another customer satisfaction survey was conducted last year by DMRC during which responses were collected from the commuters at the stations. Based on the responses, a slew of changes were introduced to the system related to aspects such as availability of drinking water, improvement in quality of smart cards and tokens, toilet facility, parking arrangements, facilities for the differently abled and elderly etc.
- Chief minister: Arvind Kejriwal
- Governor: Anil Baijal
Uttarakhand first state in country to measure Gross Environment Product
- Uttarakhand state is going to become the first state of the country to measure Gross Environment Product (GEP) for quantifying ecological growth measurement. A five-member committee in this regard has already been formed which is headed by the principal secretary of forests, Uttarakhand.
- Anand Bardhan, principal secretary, forest department, Uttarakhand stated, “The committee with illustrious experts and scientists will be looking into how to devise a method so that we can measure the GEP in the same way like GDP. In this way, we will be able to calculate material value of wealth from our forests. This will further enable us framing policies keeping pointed at wildlife and environment. ‘The decision came last week during a meeting held at Wildlife Institute of India (WII).
- Anil Prakash Joshi, a Padma awardee environmentalist, the man behind the concept has been advocating the implementation of the idea across the country especially in the Himalayas for years.
- The demand caught pace after the 2013 tragedy of Uttarakhand which claimed thousands of lives.
- According to a Greenpeace report released in January this year, Dehradun is almost 11 times more polluted than prescribed standards of World Health Organization standards and worse than Kanpur.
Recent news about Uttarakhand:
- The 11th Regional Quality Conclave (RQC) is being organized on 20 December 2019 at Rudrapur, district Udham Singh Nagar, Uttarakhand.
- Government of India has approved seven projects for setting up of FM transmitters in premises of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) for strengthening FM coverage along Indo-Nepal border.
- King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden inaugurated Sarai Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) in Uttarakhand. The Swedish King and Queen are on a five-day visit to India to strengthen bilateral ties.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Nupur Kulshrestha becomes Indian Coast Guard’s first woman DIG
- Nupur Kulshrestha becomes the first woman to be promoted as DIG of Indian Coast Guard.
- She joined the service in 1999 and became the first woman to be promoted to this level.
- Headquarters– New Delhi, India
- Director General– Krishnaswamy Natrajan
Ashraf Ghani sworn in as Afghanistan President for second term
- Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani was sworn in for a second term.
- But President Ashraf Ghani, who was declared the winner of last September’s election, and his rival Abdullah Abdullah, who charged fraud in the vote along with the elections complaints commission, have refused to settle their differences.
- Capital- Kabul
- Currency-Afghan Afghani
Chalasani Venkat Nageswar gets additional charge of deputy MD, CFO of SBI
- State Bank of India on stated Chalasani Venkat Nageswar has been given additional charge of deputy managing director and chief financial officer (CFO) of the bank.
- Chalasani Venkat Nageswar, Deputy Managing Director, International Banking Group, has been given additional charge of deputy managing director and CFO with immediate effect till further orders, the country’s largest lender stated.
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Managing director: Anshula Kant
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
BusinessLine Changemaker Awards 2020
- Vice-President of India,M Venkaiah Naidu honoured the winners of BusinessLine Changemaker Awards 2020 at New Delhi.
- Changemaker (Social Transformation) – Shanti Raghavan
- Changemaker -(Digital Transformation)- Government e-Marketplace (GeM)
- Changemaker – (Financial Transformation)- India Stack
- Young Changemaker-Pradeep Mewada
- Young Changemakers- Rashid k; Vimal Govind; Arun George and Nikhil P
- Iconic Changemaker- Arunachalam Muruganandam
- Changemaker of the Year- Dutee Chand
- Changemaker of the year- ISRO
NITI Aayog organizes the Fourth Edition of the Women Transforming India Awards
- Priyanka Mokshmar is the co-founder of Vaayu Home Appliances. Vaayu provides economically affordable and environmentally feasible alternatives to traditional AC units across India – selling their products from Madhya Pradesh to Maharashtra and Delhi.
- Ramya Venkataraman’s Centre for Teacher Accreditation (CENTA) has created a certification framework that allows for teachers’ skills and competency to be assessed as well as improved.
- Shilpi Kapoor started BarrierBreak, a company focused on the accessibility of technology for those with disabilities. The company uses digital access as a way to bridge some of the challenges differently-abled people face daily.
- Rinka Banerjee’s Thinking Forks is a consulting organisation, with expertise in the food and nutrition industry which has allowed them to create products to combat acute malnutrition; a program aligned with the Indian Government’s public health efforts.
- Nidhi Pant combats the issue around waste and farmer living standards, through her Science for Society team,’s innovative idea of selling dehydrated vegetable snacks.
- Anupriya Balikai’s Spookfish Innovations has created a standard for products and ensure quality control for food packaging. Via inspection machines that are retrofitted and integrated into existing manufacturing lines
- Kalpana Sankar, with a double doctorate in Nuclear Physics and Gender Issues, through her organization Hand in Hand is empowering the most marginalised and impoverished women in India through capacity building and training.
- Khushboo Jain created ImpactGuru which is a crowdfunding platform that empowers individuals,NGOs and social enterprises, by helping them raise funds for healthcare, social, and personal needs, from family, friends as well as strangers.
- Sneha Sundaram’s company Kutuki focuses on bridging the learning gap that exists in Indian pre-schools through their mobile application, which has garnered over 50,000 users till date and attempts to use data to
- Jayanti Pradhan is an agro-processor and farmer from Odisha who has been educating women in her community and equipping them with the tools and knowledge of mushroom farming to enable them to become financially independent.
- Jugnu Jain is the founder and CSO, of Sapien Biosciences which is addressing this need for tissue-banks in India by successfully using medical waste to create medical innovations.
- Pratyusha Pareddy founded her startup, NemoCare, in 2017. Her company aims to combat infant mortality and promote neonatal care.
- Poonam Bir Kasturi started the Daily Dump which is building products and services for decentralised waste management in homes, community offices and public spaces.
- Ruchi Jain founded Taru Naturals which focuses on sustainable agriculture, striving to empower a network of small-scale farmers by leveraging upon India’s ancient wisdom and sustainable agricultural practices
- Sujata Sahu’s 17000 ft Foundation is a social enterprise focused on providing education and exposure to the communities in the most rural and isolated regions of Ladakh.
- Dr Praveen Nair is a Founder Trustee of Salaam Baalak Trust that has successfully worked in rehabilitating over 81,000 destitute and homeless children. Ms. Nair received the Special Jury Award.
About NITI Aayog:
- The NITI Aayog is a policy think tank of the Government of India, established with the aim to achieve sustainable development goals with cooperative federalism by fostering the involvement of State Governments of India in the economic policy-making process using a bottom-up approach.
- Formed: 1 January 2015
- Objectives: Foster involvement and participation in the economic policy-making process by the State Governments of India
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
Mrs Smriti Zubin Irani inaugurates a National Conference on Women in Police and CAPFs in New Delhi
- National Conference on Women in Police and CAPFs organized by the Bureau of Police Research and Development in New Delhi.
The main objective of the National Conference was to discuss and deliberate on the following 2 (two) themes
- Cyber Stalking and Bullying of Women : Steps for Protection
- Challenges faced by CAPF Women in Operational Areas
- To commemorate this event, the Hon’ble Minister released a hand-out – “BPR&D Mirror – Gender Bender”.
- Union Minister for Women and Child Development Mrs Smriti Zubin Irani has stressed the need to train more female forensic investigators and cyber crime experts.
- Mrs Irani advised that counselling at the time of recruitment of women in the forces would make them better prepared for their career. The Union Minister regretted that the society still looks at the working women with bias and holds the performance of men to be the only benchmark for success.
- The Minister also proposed training of members of the Child Welfare Committees (CWC) and emphasized the need for coordination among the MHA, CWC, NGOs and other stakeholders of the Criminal Justice System, so that once a criminal is punished, he is not able to take advantage of the provisions of law to delay the execution of punishment.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Gujarat tops in domestic solar rooftop installations
- To achieve renewable power generation goals, Gujarat has topped the list in the installations of solar rooftop plants across the country with about 50,915 systems being fixed on domestic rooftops in the State as on March 2, 2020.
- Maharashtra follows with 5,513 installations as on the same date Of 79,950 systems installed across the country, Gujarat has topped with 64 per cent or two-thirds of total domestic solar rooftop installations.
- The State government has adopted a solar rooftop scheme — Surya Gujarat — to cover about eight lakh domestic electricity consumers under the scheme by 2022. The Government had also relaxed subsidy criteria for domestic users with up to 40 per cent subsidy on the cost of projects up to 3 kWh capacity, while 20 per cent subsidy assistance is being provided for project with capacity between 3 and 10 kWh.
- The State government has also allotted Rs.912 crore for the scheme. As per the scheme, the electricity generated through the domestic rooftops is being consumed by the households, while the excess units are purchased by the State discoms at the rate of Rs.25 per unit.
- The State government stated more than 1.18 lakh applications were received on the online portal for the domestic solar rooftop installations.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
India was world’s second-largest arms importer in 2015-19: Report
- India remained the world’s second largest arms importer during the period 2015-19, with Russia being the largest supplier though Moscow’s share of the Indian weapons market declined from 72% to 56%, a leading think tank that tracks arms transfers stated in its annual report .
- In its annual “Trends in international arms transfers 2019″ report, the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) listed the world’s top five arms importers during the five-year period as Saudi Arabia, India, Egypt, Australia and China. Together, the five accounted for 36% of all arms imports, the report stated.
- Saudi Arabia, India and China were also among the top five importers during the period 2010–14. In fact, India has been in the second place, behind Saudi Arabia, in SIPRI’s list of arms importers for several years as it has been taking steps to modernise its armed forces by acquiring combat jets, helicopters, submarines, warships, artillery guns and assault rifles from countries like Russia, the US, France and Israel.
- The report placed India 23rd among the world’s 25 largest arms exporters, with its main clients being Myanmar, Sri Lanka and Mauritius.
- Stockholm International Peace Research Institute is an international institute based in Sweden, dedicated to research into conflict, armaments, arms control and disarmament.
- Founder: Government of Sweden
- Founded: 6 May 1966
- Headquarters: Solna Municipality, Stockholm, Sweden
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
Book on Biju babu ‘The Adventures of the Daredevil Democrat’ to inspire kids
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched ‘The Adventures of the Daredevil Democrat’, a comic book, based on the life and works of legendary leader Biju Patnaik.
- Kalinga Foundation Trust and Creative Warehouse have published the book.
- The book deals about the life and works of legendary leader and Naveen Patnaik’s father Biju Patnaik.
- He was the former CM of Odisha for a period of 7 years and he contributed in different fields for the development of modern Odisha.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
Helpline number for women being launched
- An helpline number has been launched for women students, researchers, entrepreneurs and scientists on international women’s day on March 8. The Helpline No. 011-2656 5285 would clear doubts cleared related to programs of Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST). Now, this Helpline will provide handholding to women scientists in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) and will be available during office hours (09:30 am to 05:30 pm) during working days.
- On National Science Day, President Ram Nath Kovind announced three key initiatives for gender advancement and equality in academic and research. The theme of this year’s National Science Day was ‘Women in Science’.
- These three initiatives are Vigyan Jyoti, Gender Advancement for Transforming Institutions (GATI) and an online portal for science and technology resources for women. Vigyan Jyoti is an initiative that will create a level-playing field for meritorious girls in high school to pursue STEM subjects in their higher education.
- The second initiative, GATI, will develop a comprehensive charter and a framework for assessing gender inequality in STEM.
- The online portal will provide e-resources related to all women-specific government schemes, scholarships, fellowships, career counselling with details of subject area experts from various disciplines in science and technology. (India Science Wire)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Vijayan Pillai, Kerala Legislator passed away
- Kerala legislator N Vijayan Pillaipassed away. He was 65.
- Beginning his political career in 1979 as a Panchayat member, Pillai was elected as the member of the district Panchayat in 2000.
- Pillai, who was a leader of a CMP faction led by senior leader Aravindakshan, won the 2016 assembly election from Chavara as an LDF candidate.
DAILY CA 8th and 9th MAR
- International Women’s Day- 8th march
- MSDE launches Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship programme in Bengaluru
- 2nd anniversary of Poshan Abhiyaan ‘Poshan Pakhwada’ being celebrated
- Third all-Women Post Office opens inNewDelhi
- EPFO lowers interest rate on deposits to 8.5 pc for 2019-20
- PhonePe switches to ICICI for UPI, @ybl handles to continue working
- Govt approves TCS, DLF proposals to set up SEZs for IT in Haryana, UP
- Google India Launches Skill Development Programme For Women
- Paytm, Hyderabad Metro tie up for QR-based tickets
- MOU between DAY-NULM and AMAZON
- Intel and CBSE join hands to digitally empower 1 lakh students with AI
- J&K Lt Governor Launches ‘Student Health Card’ Scheme for over 12 lakh students
- 15 outstanding women honoured with Nari Shakti Puraskar by Prez on International Women’s Day
- Anurag Mehrotra to take charge of Mahindra-Ford JV as CEO
- WCD Minister inaugurates Seminar on the Future of Work: Women in India’s Workforce
- Smriti Irani releases book titled Chronicles of Change Champions
- India ranks 12th in ultra-high net worth individuals
- BRAC retains its position as the top NGO of the world for the 5th consecutive year
- Tamil Nadu tops in Poshan Abhiyan’s participants list
- Indian Coast Guards conducts SAREX-2020 in Goa
- ‘She inspires Us’ Indian Army conducts Self Defence Training for Women
- First ever Khelo India Winter Games begin at Gulmarg in Kashmir
- Australia Beat India by 85 Runs To Clinch 5th Title
- Shafali Verma Becomes Youngest Player to Appear in ICC Cricket World Cup Final
- Poonam Yadav lone Indian in team of tournament dominated by champions Australia
- Former Karnataka’s governor Hans Raj Bhardwaj passes away
DAILY CA 10TH MAR
- Culture Minister Prahlad Singh Patel to inaugurate an exhibition titled Jallianwala Bagh in New Delhi on 11th March
- Govt proposes to create 75 lakh Self Help Groups in two years to support women to earn livelihood
- Govt to make sanitary napkin disposal bags mandatory from January 2021
- United Nations adopts political declaration on women’s rights
- Two new land ports to be added as entry points for Bangladeshis: High Commissioner Riva Ganguly Das
- FICCI-IBA survey Says Proportion Of Banks Reporting Rise In NPA Levels Increases From 26% To 28% In July to December 2019
- Moody’s cuts India growth forecast to 3 per cent for 2020 on dampened domestic demand
- CoinDCX launches crypto-referral initiative in India
- Kerala to launch digital literacy drive ‘I am also digital’
- Delhi Metro to conduct online Customer satisfaction survey
- Uttarakhand first state in country to measure Gross Environment Product
- Nupur Kulshrestha becomes Indian Coast Guard’s first woman DIG
- Ashraf Ghani sworn in as Afghanistan President for second term
- Chalasani Venkat Nageswar gets additional charge of deputy MD, CFO of SBI
- BusinessLine Changemaker Awards 2020
- NITI Aayog organizes the Fourth Edition of the Women Transforming India Awards
- Mrs Smriti Zubin Irani inaugurates a National Conference on Women in Police and CAPFs in New Delhi
- Gujarat tops in domestic solar rooftop installations
- India was world’s second-largest arms importer in 2015-19: Report
- Book on Biju babu ‘The Adventures of the Daredevil Democrat’ to inspire kids
- Helpline number for women being launched
- Vijayan Pillai, Kerala Legislator passed away