Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
SC grants permanent commission to women in Indian Navy
- The Supreme Court (SC) ordered that the government cannot discriminate against women in the Indian Navy, granting permanent commission to female officers. The apex court stated men and women should be treated equally in the armed forces.
- The judgment of the court comes a month after it had allowed granting permanent commission to women in the Indian Army.
- A bench headed by Justice DY Chandrachud pronounced the judgment, directing the Centre to grant permanent commission to serving women officers in the Navy in three months with increments. The order was passed after the court scrapped the statutory bar for inducting women.
- In February, the SC had upheld a 2010 Delhi High Court ruling, which directed the Centre to ensure that women are given permanent commission in the Indian Army on par with male officers, including a command posting.
- The bench headed by Justice Chandrachud had condemned the Centre as the latter waited for nine years before granting women permanent commissions, that too in limited streams.
Prez Kovind nominates former CJI Ranjan Gogoi to Rajya Sabha
- President Ram Nath Kovind has nominated Former Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi to the Rajya Sabha. A notification to this effect was issued by the Centre
- Mr Gogoi served as the 46th Chief Justice of India from 3rd October 2018 till 17th November last year. President of India nominates twelve persons to the Rajya Sabha
About Rajya Sabha:
- The Rajya Sabha or Council of States is the upper house of the bicameral Parliament of India. It currently has a maximum membership of 245, of which 233 are elected by the legislatures of the states and Union Territories
- Deputy Leader of the House: Piyush Goyal, BJP
- Deputy Chairman: Harivansh Narayan Singh, JDU
- Chairperson: Venkaiah Naidu
- Seats: 245 (233 Elected + 12 Nominated)
- Leader of the Opposition: Ghulam Nabi Azad, INC
- Term limits: 6 years
HRD Minister says govt providing support to States and UTs through Samagra Shiksha Yojana
- Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhrial Nishank has stated that Central Government is providing support to the States and UTs through Samagra Shiksha Yojana for implementing the various provisions of the RTE Act, including opening or strengthening of schools.
- The Minister also stated that under erstwhile Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA), till 2017-18 and Samagra Shiksha effective from 2018-19, sanction has been given for 3.64 lakh new elementary schools out of which States and UTs have reported the opening of 3.60 lakh schools.
- He also stated, under erstwhile Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA), till 2017-18 and Samagra Shiksha effective from 2018-19, 12994 new secondary schools have been sanctioned, out of which States and UTs have reported the opening of 12423 new schools, till 31st December last year.
- Mr Pokhrial also stated that proposals for opening of new Kendriya Vidyalayas are considered only when received in the prescribed proforma from the District Administration through the State Government concerned.
- The scheme provides for opening of one Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV) in each district of the country for providing good quality education to children predominantly from the rural areas
About ministry of Human Resource Development
- Union minister: Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
- Constituency: Haridwar, Uttarakhand
- Sanjay Shamrao Dhotre, Minister of State
Shri Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurates ROPAX Service from Bhaucha Dhakka to Mandwa in Maharashtra
- Shri Mansukh Mandaviya, Minister of State for Shipping (I/C) inaugurated ROPAX service from Bhaucha Dhakka, Mumbai to Mandwa, Alibag in Maharashtra. Shri Mandaviya visited ROPAX terminal and inspected the facilities created for the passengers. Shri Mandaviya reiterated the importance of Waterways as a mode of transportation and stated that it has opened new avenues for the people to travel with reduced journey time and it will prove as a catalyst for the local economy.
- ROPAX service is a ‘Water Transport Service Project’, under Eastern Waterfront Development. The benefits of this service include reduction in the travel time, vehicular emission and traffic on the road. The road distance from Mumbai to Mandwa is about 110 kilometres, and gruelling road journey takes three to four hours, whereas by waterway it is about 18 kilometre and journey of just an hour.
- ROPAX Vessel M2M -1 was built in Greece in September 2019. This Vessel is highly manoeuvrable and has a speed of 14knots, and will complete one way trip in about 45 minutes to an hour. The features of this Vessel is that it can carry 200 cars and 1000 passengers at a time and has a ramp on both sides, hence cars can move in and out of the vessel easily and reduce the turn- around time.
- Thus, people can now travel in their cars directly on to ROPAX vessel. Vessel is capable of operating even in Monsoon season, which is a big boon to commuters from Alibag
- ROPAX service will help in reducing road traffic from Mumbai to Alibag/Goa to a certain extent, as travellers will certainly prefer a peaceful, novel and time saving journey. This will also reduce fuel consumption and vehicular emission, a step towards reducing Carbon Footprint
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Bangladesh celebrates birth Centenary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman
- Bangladesh is celebrating the birth centenary of its founder President Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina marked the day by paying floral tributes to Sheikh Mujibur Rahman at his residence in Dhanmondi area of Dhaka.
- The day marks the beginning of the year long celebration of the birth centenary named ‘Mujib Barsho’ in Bangladesh and across the world.
- It will be followed by nationwide telecast of the address by President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. The video message of Prime Minister Narendra Modi will also be broadcast on the occasion.
- In a message on the eve of the birth centenary of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, President Abdul Hamid stated that Bangabandhu’s principles and ideals will inspire generations. He asked the people of Bangladesh to work for making the country into ‘Sonar Bangla’ by completing the unfinished task of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
- Sheikh Mujibur Rahman was born on 17th March 1920 in the town of Tungipara in Gopalganj district of the then undivided India. He led the movement against the oppressive Pakistani rulers in the then East Pakistan leading to its liberation in 1971. Known as Bangabandhu, he became the first President of the independent nation of Bangladesh
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
India to provide 107.01 million Nepali Rupees for three new school buildings in Nepal
- The Government of India will provide 01 million Nepali Rupees for three new school buildings in Nepal. The schools will be constructed in Darchula, Dhanusha and Kapilvastu districts.
- The Embassy of India and Nepal’s Ministry of Federal Affairs and General Administration signed Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) with Mahakali Municipality, Darchula and Mukhiyapatti Musharniya Rural Municipality, Dhanusha in Kathmandu for the construction of two new school buildings.
- These schools will be built under the India-Nepal Development Partnership program at a total estimated cost of 96 million Nepali Rupees.
- The Government of India will provide funds while construction work, including a call for tender, the award of work and day to day supervision, will be by Mahakali Municipality, Dharchula and Mukhiyapatti Musharniya Rural Municipality, Dhanusha. The projects will be monitored at the federal level by the Ministry of Federal Affairs and General Administration of Nepal and Embassy of India.
- The Government of India has also committed an amount of 05 million Nepali Rupees for the construction of new school buildings for Shivbhari School, Mahrajgunj Municipality in Kapilvastu district.
- The Embassy of India handed over a cheque of 26 million Nepali Rupees as the first installment of its total commitment to the District Coordination Committee Kapilvastu
Recent news related to Nepal :
- Government of India ordered to suspend 18 of the 37 international borders from March 15, 2020. It includes borders across Nepal, Myanmar, Bhutan and Bangladesh
- Ghojadanga of West Bengal and Agartala of Tripura designated as immigration check posts
- Union Minister Amit Shah launched the BIMSTEC Conference on Combating Drug Trafficking in New Delhi. The event was organized by the Narcotics Control
- The BBIN (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India and Nepal) nations deliberated MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) to implement the Motor Vehicle Agreement to regulate personal, passenger and cargo vehicular traffic
US Federal Reserve slashes key interest rate to almost zero in wake of economic impact of COVID-19
- The US Federal Reserve slashed the key interest rate to virtually zero in response to the growing economic impact of the new coronavirus.
- The Fed made its second emergency rate cut in less than two weeks, cutting the benchmark borrowing rate to a range of 0-0.25 percent.
- The rate was previously at this level during the 2008 global financial crisis. The Fed pledged to keep the rates low until it is confident that the economy has weathered recent events.
- The central bank also announced massive asset purchases, opened its discount lending windows to banks and urged them to use it to help businesses and households. It also removed bank reserve requirements to allow them to use cash backstops.
- The Fed joined forces with other major central banks to guarantee the global financial system has enough cash to continue to operate.
- The action was coordinated with the European Central Bank, Bank of England, Bank of Japan, Bank of Canada and the Swiss National Bank
About US federal bank:
- Chairperson: Jerome Powell
- Founded: 23 December 1913
- Headquarters location: Washington, D.C., United States
- Central bank of: United States
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
RBI Governor Shakitikanta Das says, swift action has been taken for restructuring of Yes Bank
- Reserve Bank of India Governor Shakitikanta Das stated that swift action has been taken by the RBI in coordination with Govt of India for the restructuring of Yes Bank
- The RBI Governor stated that as per the new scheme, Yes Bank moratorium will be lifted and the new board will assume the charge on 26th March. Mr. Das also stated that the credible and sustainable plan of the revival of the yes bank also ensured that the identity of the bank will remain the same.
- The RBI Governor stated that if there is a requirement then RBI will provide the necessary support for Liquidity for Yes Bank.
- Das informed that the RBI proposed to conduct another six months US Dollar sell/buy swap on March 23 to provide liquidity to markets. He informed that to further improve monetary transmission, RBI will conduct long-term repo operations LTRO in multiple tranches up to one lakh crore rupees at policy rate
Recent news related to RBI:
- Minister of Rural Development Narendra Singh Tomar announced that more than 17 lakh Self Help Groups (SHGs) are to be developed by
- The Reserve Bank of India imposed a month-long moratorium. Also, the Apex Bank has imposed withdrawal restrictions of Rs 50,000 to the customers.
- The board of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) decided to sync the Financial year of the bank with the Fiscal Year. The Fiscal Year begins in April and ends in March and the Financial year is between July and June
- The Indian Institute of Technology, Palakkad is to set up a research centre in data science. The centre being set up at Kanjikode aims at providing a platform of research for artificial intelligence and Data Science
Centre to borrow Rs 51,000 crore more from RBI in March 2020
- After reviewing the cash position of the Centre, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in consultation with the government raised the borrowing target from short-term securities by Rs 51,000 crore during the month.
- This is in line with the Revised Estimate announced by the government in the Budget 2020-21. According to the earlier calendar, the government was to borrow Rs 24,000 crore through treasury bills of various tenure.
- However, as per the revised calendar, the government will borrow Rs 75,000 crore through the treasury bills in three tranches.
- According to a statement by the finance ministry, treasury bills worth Rs 25,000 crore will be auctioned on March 18 and similar amounts on March 24 and March 30. The Budget 2020-21 raised the net borrowing to Rs 4.99 lakh crore from Rs 4.48 lakh crore in the Budget Estimate.
- The Government of India in consultation with the Reserve Bank of India will continue to have the flexibility to modify the notified amount and timing for auction of treasury bills depending upon the requirements of the Government of India, evolving market conditions and other relevant factors, after giving due notice to the market, it stated
- Governor– Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors– BP Kanungo, MK Jain and Michael Patra
- Reserve Bank of India deputy governor NS Vishwanathan has quit three months ahead of his retirement in June due to health reason
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Manikaran Power becomes first member of India’s gas trading platform
- The gas trading platform of Indian Energy Exchange (IEX) has found its first member in Manikaran Power Ltd (MPL). Called the Indian Gas Exchange (IGX), it will be India’s first gas trading platform.
- IGX would offer spot and forward contracts at Dahej, Hazira and Kakinada. While Petronet LNG Ltd (PLL) operates a LNG terminal at Dahej, Shell operates another one at Hazira. Kakinada is the landfall point for natural gas being produced from the Krishna Godavari basin.
- MPL which is already trading member in IEX, is the first to join hands with IGX.
- MPL is an inter-state trading licensee and a trading member on IEX and trading cum clearing member on Power Exchange India Limited (PXIL).
- MPL provides electronic platform for trading of power at IEX and PXIL, documentation and assistance in bilateral trading of power, REC trading and group captive. Its website states that it has close to 2,000 clients in both power trading and RECs
Moody’s lowers India’s GDP growth forecast to 5.3 per cent in 2020
- Moody’s Investors Service lowered India’s GDP growth forecast for 2020 calendar year to 3 per cent, on coronavirus implications on the economy. Moody’s had in February projected a 5.4 per cent real GDP growth for India in 2020.
- This too was a downgrade from 6 per cent earlier forecast. The 5.3 per cent real GDP growth forecast for 2020 compares to 5.3 per cent growth estimate for 2019 and 7.4 per cent achieved in 2018.
- Moody’s forecast a 5.8 per cent growth rate for India in A number of governments and central banks have announced countervailing measures, including fiscal stimulus packages, policy rate cuts and regulatory forbearance; however, the effectiveness of policy easing will be blunted by measures to contain the outbreak, and policy space is constrained for some sovereigns, it stated.
- Also, tighter funding conditions and exchange rate depreciation could stress sovereigns with high foreign currency exposure, heavy reliance on external market funding or low foreign currency reserve coverage, it stated. Moody’s stated oil price shock adds to growth and fiscal pressures for exposed sovereigns
About moody’s investor service:
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- CEO: Raymond W. McDaniel Jr.
- Founder: John Moody
Oil India signs crude sales agreement with Numaligarh Refinery
- Oil India Ltd (OIL), the country’s second-largest national oil explorer, announced it has signed an agreement with Numaligarh Refinery for sale and purchase of crude oil.
- The Crude Oil Sales Agreement (COSA) will come in effect from 1 April, 2020 to 31 March 2025, that is, for a term of five years, OIL stated in a statement. The pact was signed by the finance directors of the two companies.
- The agreement is expected to streamline sale and purchase transactions of crude oil produced from fields in the North East India
About Oil India:
- Oil India Limited is the second largest hydrocarbon exploration and production Indian public sector company with its operational headquarters in Duliajan, Assam, India
- Chairman & MD :Mr Sushil chandra Mishra
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
India’s first flying car factory to come up in Gujarat
- PAL-V stands for Personal Air Land Vehicle and the company will set-up a new manufacturing facility in Gujarat .
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed between the state’s Principal Secretary MK Das and Carlo Maasbommel, Vice-President, International Business Development Division, PAL-V.
- The government will help the Dutch company to get all the necessary approvals to set-up the plant in Gujarat. The production facility and the assembly lines are expected to be operational from
- The PAL-V has developed the world’s first commercial flying car. The company is already accepting bookings for the car and all the cars that they are planning to make for this year have been booked and sold.
- The PAL-V Liberty is the car that is expected to be launched in India in 2021. It is a three-wheel vehicle that has rotors on the roof and tail like the helicopters. The car can be driven like a normal car on the roads. In this mode, the wings of the car move inwards and fold. The wings can be extended whenever the user wants to take a flight and jump the traffic jam. According to the company, it takes about 5-10 mins to do the conversion.
- The flying car comes equipped with two engines. There is a dedicated engine for flying while the other engine comes into play while driving the vehicle on the roads
- Capital- Gandhinagar
- CM- Vijay Rupani
- Governor- Acharya Devvrat
West Bengal to have Rs 200 crore fund to tackle coronavirus, says Mamata Banerjee
- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announced the State government will create a ₹200 crore fund to tackle the coronavirus outbreak . She also announced that all educational institutions will be closed till April 15.
- Around 24 lakh people have been screened in Bengal, and we are keeping a close watch on 5,590 of them. Till now there have been no positive cases in the state, she stated after reviewing the situation arising out of the coronavirus pandemic.
- As a precautionary measure, the government has decided to extend the closure of all educational institutes till Aprill 15, the chief minister added. The state government had ordered educational institutions to remain shut till March 30
About West Bengal:
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar
- Capital: Kolkata
- Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee
Maharashtra to stamp people in home quarantine
- In an unprecedented move, the Maharashtra government decided to ‘stamp‘ all those people who have been sent to 100 per cent ‘home quarantine’ in view of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Accordingly, the left hand of all persons shunted to 100 per cent home quarantine will be stamped to identify them easily if they mingle with the general public.
- The decision, taken at a meeting of top officials chaired by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray, has been described as a precautionary measure after 39 cases of COVID-19 have been detected in the state – highest in India – and around seven suspected patients had fled from treatment centres.
- Greater Mumbai’s Municipal Commissioner Pravin Pardeshi issued an order to all officials concerned at hospitals and the airport, asking them to ‘stamp’ behind the left palm of the home quarantined person concerned, the dates of isolation, with ink that would last for 14 days
About Maharashtra :
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Capital: Mumbai
- Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPS AND PORTALS
R K Singh Launched New Website of Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
- The Minister of State (I/C) for Power and New and Renewable Energy and Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Shri R K Singh launched the new website of Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
- The new website is developed looking in to the present need of quick and accurate information dissemination needs of the Ministry with latest techniques to make it more informative, interactive and user friendly including persons with visual disabilities.
- The responsive design of the website enables ease of access from various devices including mobile phones. The Ministry’s activities including innovative bids, solar rooftop and PM-KUSUM scheme were attracting large public interest which necessitated need for a new website.
- The key feature of the website includes optimized user interface, three click interfaces, rubik’s cube structure and improvised search options. Structured back end content management system (CMS) is developed to manage the website with minimum sources and less time consuming.
- The website has additional portals such as ‘Akshay Urja Portal’ and ‘India Renewable Idea Exchange’ (IRIX). Well identifiable links are provided for all the activities of the Ministry to provide the information at ease.
- Two language interfaces are provided in the website to make the contents reachable to wider public. Additionally, social media handles of the Ministry such as Facebook, you tube and twitter are linked on the homepage of the web site. The NIC server is hosting the website.
- The new website would be able to cater to renewed public interest in the Ministry’s activities.
About Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
- The Minister of State (I/C) for Power and New and Renewable Energy and Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship –Shri R K Singh
- Constituency- Arrah, Bihar
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Awards for reporting on road safety
- Prachi Salve of IndiaSpend and Pradeep Dwivedi of Dainik Jagran have been jointly awarded the top prize for their contribution towards reporting on road safety by the Centre for Media Studies (CMS).
- CMS, a not-for-profit research think tank, supported by the World Health Organization (WHO) India, conducted a three-month fellowship programme for journalists to work on road safety and related issues in 2019.
- The second prize awardees are B Raveendra Shetty of Vijay Karnataka and Purnima Singh of Times Now Hindi.
- The awardees in the third position are KishorDwivedi of Press Trust of India and SangameshMenasinakai of The Times of India.
- A total of 12 journalists were selected for the fellowship programme and they have produced in-depth stories on road safety for the print, TV and online medium
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
Flipkart partners with Aegon to sell quick-access life insurance policies
- E-commerce marketplace Flipkart and Aegon Life Insurance joined hands to sell comprehensive insurance solutions for customers looking for instant digital policies with a sum assured of up to Rs 10 lakh.
- Life insurance has the second highest penetration among all types of insurance available in the country. One of the major problems that the insurance industry faces is the notion that it is expensive and cumbersome to buy, followed by issues around long and rigid tenures and mis-selling.
- With this product, Flipkart and Aegon Life aim to solve for these issues and make life insurance available to customers at the click of a button in a convenient and transparent manner.
- The life insurance policies have varied offerings with sums assured ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 10 lakh and premiums starting from Rs 129 for Rs 1 lakh sum insured. The policies will be available to the existing customers of Flipkart between the ages of 18 and 65 years
About Aegon Life Insurance
- Headquarters– Mumbai, India
- Chief Executive Officer(CEO)– Vineet Arora
- Headquarters– Bengaluru, India
- CEO– Kalyan Krishnamurthy
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
‘An Extraordinary Life’: Book on the late Goa CM Manohar Parrikar to hit the shelves in April
- The book titled ‘An Extraordinary Life: A biography of Manohar Parrikar’ is written by veteran journalists Sadguru Patil and Mayabhushan Nagvenkar.
- Parrikar who died after battling pancreatic cancer for over a year. He was 63.
- Book on the life and times of bureaucrat-turned-politician Manohar Parrikar, who served as the defence minister and Goa chief minister, will hit the stands in April, announced publishing house Penguin Random House India.
- Parrikar was among the few from Goa who made it to the national level. He held the defence portfolio in the Modi government from 2014 till 2017 before returning to his first love, Goa, to take over the chief minister’s post
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Microsoft launches interactive map to provide COVID-19 global updates
- Microsoft has launched a new interactive map on its search engine Bing to help users track the status of the COVID-19 pandemic in various regions.
- The map provides information regarding the number of ‘currently active,’ ‘recovered’ and ‘fatal’ coronavirus cases in countries across the globe. It also gives a detailed breakdown of cases in each state for the US. Furthermore, the interactive map displays various media articles and videos on coronavirus published for the particular country selected by the user.
- The tech giant is pooling its data from various resources, including the World Health Organisation (WHO), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), and Wikipedia, the Verge reported.
- Microsoft is not the only tech giant working on COVID-19 tech tools.
- Google is also working on a website which will provide information about the outbreak, preventive measures and links to local resources.
- The search giant’s parent company, Alphabet, is also working in partnership with the US government to help manage coronavirus diagnosis and treatment
About Microsoft :
- CEO: Satya Nadella
- Headquarters: Redmond, Washington, United States
- Founders: Bill Gates, Paul Allen
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Taiwan’s Tai Tzu Ying clinches her third women’s singles title of All England Championships
- In Badminton, Taiwan’s shuttler Tai Tzu Ying clinched her third women’s singles title of the All England Championships at Birmingham in United KingdomYing beat China’s Chen Yufei in two straight games 21-19, 21-15 in 44 minutes.
- Earlier in the men’s singles, Denmark’s Victor Axelsen outclassed Taiwan’s Chou Tien-Chen in two straight games 21-13, 21-14 in the summit clash that lasted for about 46 minutes
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Veteran journalist Patil Puttappa dies at 99
- Veteran journalist and former Rajya Sabha member Patil Puttappa passed away due to age-related ailments at a hospital in Karnataka’s Hubballi tonight. He was 99.
- Puttappa represented Karnataka in the Rajya Sabha for two terms. He was also the first president of the Kannada Watchdog Committee and was also the founder-president of the Border Advisory Committee.
- Fondly referred to as “PaPu”, Puttappa was the founder-editor of weekly “Prapancha” and also edited “Navayuga”. He also wrote columns in various dailies
Puthussery Ramachandran passes away
- Malayalam poet, scholar and teacher Puthussery Ramachandran passed away after a brief illness. He was 92.
- A scholar of Dravidian linguistics and a professor of Malayalam for more than 30 years, Dr. Ramachandran was a recipient of several awards.
- He was the honorary director of the International Centre for Kerala Studies, University of Kerala
DAILY CA 15TH and 16TH MAR
- World Consumer Rights Day observed on 15 March every year
- National Vaccination Day is observed every year on 16th march
- Union Government is implementing POSHAN Abhiyaan across the country to address the problem of malnutrition.
- Phool Dei is the harvest festival held in the state Uttarakhand
- Kerala government orders poultry culling after bird flu in Parappanangadi
- Manipur Chief Minister N. Biren Singh has announced the biggest ever scheme for the welfare of sports persons and artists of the State
- Karnataka is the first state to invoke provisions of Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897
- IDFC First Bank will make an equity investment of ₹250 crore in beleaguered Yes Bank to acquire 25 crore equity shares
- India pledged $10 million toward a Covid-19 emergency fund
- CRPF inks MoU to re-skill specially-abled troops in cyberspace ops, AI
- India ranked 12th globally in ‘Women On Board 2020’ study
- Microsoft launches website to track COVID-19
- Justice (Retd) Bansi Lal Bhat appointed NCLAT officiating Chairperson
- Jammu and Kashmir: Baseer Khan appointed as advisor to Lt Governor
- Rohini Mohan and Arfa Khanum Sherwani win the Chameli Devi Jain Award for outstanding woman journalists
- ARCI develops cost-effective solar technology for industrial process heat
- BhoomiRashi portal significantly expedited land acquisition for National Highways
- Rampaging ATK grab historic third ISL title
- Achanta Sharath Kamal wins men’s singles title in Oman Open
DAILY CA 17TH MAR
- SC grants permanent commission to women in Indian Navy
- Prez Kovind nominates former CJI Ranjan Gogoi to Rajya Sabha
- HRD Minister says govt providing support to States and UTs through Samagra Shiksha Yojana
- Shri Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurates ROPAX Service from Bhaucha Dhakka to Mandwa in Maharashtra
- Bangladesh celebrates birth Centenary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman
- India to provide 01 million Nepali Rupees for three new school buildings in Nepal
- US Federal Reserve slashes key interest rate to almost zero in wake of economic impact of COVID-19
- RBI Governor Shakitikanta Das says, swift action has been taken for restructuring of Yes Bank
- Centre to borrow Rs 51,000 crore more from RBI in March 2020
- Manikaran Power becomes first member of India’s gas trading platform
- Moody’s lowers India’s GDP growth forecast to 3 per cent in 2020
- Oil India signs crude sales agreement with Numaligarh Refinery
- India’s first flying car factory to come up in Gujarat
- West Bengal to have Rs 200 crore fund to tackle coronavirus, says Mamata Banerjee
- Maharashtra to stamp people in home quarantine
- R K Singh Launched New Website of Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
- Awards for reporting on road safety
- Flipkart partners with Aegon to sell quick-access life insurance policies
- ‘An Extraordinary Life’: Book on the late Goa CM Manohar Parrikar to hit the shelves in April
- Microsoft launches interactive map to provide COVID-19 global updates
- Taiwan’s Tai Tzu Ying clinches her third women’s singles title of All England Championships
- Veteran journalist Patil Puttappa dies at 99
- Puthussery Ramachandran passes away