Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
NDRF celebrates its 15th Raising Day
- The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) celebrated its 15th Raising Dayon January 18th
- NDRF has saved more than One lakh lives inits 3100 operations and rescued/evacuated over 6.7 lakh people during disasters.
National Immunization Day
- Government of India planned to hold a polio National Immunization Day (NID) January 19, 2020.
- According to thenational health portrayal, 2020 polio day program is going to be held on January 19th.
- India is free from polio but the disease still persists in some countries and it may come back. hence ensure every child under 5 years of age gets polio drops every time.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
President Kovind launches Pulse Polio Programme for 2020
- President Ram Nath Kovind launched the Pulse Polio Programme for this year by administering Polio drops to children below five years at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Mr Kovind launched the programme on the eve of the National Immunization Day which will be observed.
- Under this programme, over 17 crore children of less than five years of age across the country will be administered polio drops.
- Polio booths have been set up across all states which will remain open from 9 am to 4 pm . The programme is a part of immunization drive of the Central Government to sustain polio eradication from the country.
3rd edition of North Zone Conference’ of Media Units of I&B Ministry held in Jammu
- The third edition of North Zone Conference’ of Media Units of Information and Broadcasting Ministry, is being held in
- Joint Secretary Vikram Sahay asked the IIS officers to work in coordination and effectively promote programmes and policies of the Union Government.
- He stressed upon the young officers to learn and disseminate information in regional languages.
- The Conference is being organised by Regional Outreach Bureau, Jammu and Kashmir region.
DV Sadananda Gowda launches APNA UREA – SonaUgle” brand of HURL
- Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda launched the APNA UREA – Sona Ugle brand of Hindustan Urvarak and Rasayan Limited (HURL) at a function in New Delhi.
- HURL is Joint Venture Company promoted by the three Maha Ratna Companies – Coal India Limited, NTPC Limited and Indian Oil Corporation Limited.
- Mr Gowda stated, with the objective of making the country self-reliant in Urea, Prime Minister had directed for the revival of five major sick or shutdown fertilizer plants.
- Government had approved the revival of three sick Urea plants located at Gorakhpur, Sindri and Barauni, which have been undertaken by HURL.
- The other two plants at Ramagundam and Talcher will also commence production soon. The country is importing 70 to 80 Lakh metric tonne of fertilizer every year.
Conference on Census 2021 held in New Delhi
- A Conference of the Chief Secretaries and Administrator State and Union Territories on Census 2021 and updating of National Population Register, NPR was held in New Delhi.
- Inaugurating it, Minister of State for Home Nityanand Rai laid emphasis on the need of conducting Census 2021 and the role of the States in doing the same.
- He also stated that the data collected in the Census helps us in framing policies for the welfare of the people of the country. Mr Rai also inaugurated the Official Mascot for Census 2021.
- Home Secretary Ajay Kumar Bhalla remarked on the vastness of this exercise and involvement of the State functionaries.
- Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India Dr Vivek Joshi made a brief presentation on the Strategy for Census 2021.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Iranian Film ‘Castle of Dreams’ gets Best Film Award at Dhaka International Film Festival
- The Iranian film ‘Castle of Dreams’ directed by Reza Mirakarimi won the Best Film Award in Asian Competition section of the 18th Dhaka International Film Festival (DIFF) . The film also won the Best Director Award.
- Information Minister of Bangladesh Hasan Mahmud gave away the award carrying prize money of Tk 1 lakh, a citation and crest in the closing ceremony held in Dhaka.
- In the Asian Competition segment, Sri Lankan director Prasanna Vithanage’s film ‘Children of the Sun’ won Special Jury Award.
- Best Actress Award went to Arezoo Ariapoor, Ferestha Afshar and Hasiba Ebrahimi for their acting in Afghanistan-Iran-France joint venture film ‘Hava, Maryamk, Ayesha’ while the Best Actor Award went to Lousie Abuel for his acting in the film ‘Edward’.
- In Bangladesh Panorama Section, ‘No Dorai’ directed by Taneem Rahman Angshu bagged the Best Film Award.
- Indian film ‘Finally Love’ directed by Anjan Dutt bagged Best Audience Award in Cinema of the World Category.
- A total of 220 films from 74 countries were shown during the nine-day long festival which began on 11th of this month.
- The Dhaka International Film Festival (DIFF) is being organized by the Rainbow Film Festival since 1992 with support from Bangladesh government and many other organizations including the High Commission of India, Dhaka.
- The theme of this year’s festival was ‘better film, better audience, better society.’
Qatar signs $470 mn solar deal
- Gas-rich Qatar signed a $470-million deal to build its first solar energy plant, capable of meeting up to one-tenth of peak national power demand.
- The Al-Kharsaah plant, near the capital, is a 10-square-kilometre joint venture with French and Japanese partners due for completion in 2022 ahead of the football World Cup.
- Eight times the solar power pledged in the World Cup bid will be produced.
About Qatar :
- Capital: Doha
- Currency: Qatari riyal
Novel corona virus grips China’s Wuhan city
- China’s Wuhan city is in grip of a new respiratory virus called Novel corona virus that has killed two people in China and sickened at least 45 persons including overseas cases with some new cases being detected in the city.
- The illness has been identified as a new strain of coronavirus, which is in the same family as the deadly severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and the Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS). Most people with the infection are believed to have contracted it through exposure to animals at a market that sells seafood and meat in Wuhan.
- It is not certain that the virus spreads from person to person. Symptoms of coronaviruses can range from fever and coughing to pneumonia with severe effects.
- A different coronavirus caused the SARS outbreak in China in 2003 which killed nearly 800 people and also MERS, another severe respiratory ailment that has been present in Saudi Arabia and other Middle Eastern countries since 2012
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Tamil Nadu plans single window system for building permits
- To provide the much-needed relief to people who run from pillar to post to get clearances and approvals for construction of buildings, the Tamil Nadu government will soon bring in a single window clearance system.
- According to sources, the state government is creating a single window portal through which people can apply online for different building approvals.
- Tamil Nadu e-Governance Agency has been roped in to develop the portal. The agency will also be maintaining it.
- After creation of the special software, people can submit their application online for different services like obtaining planning permission, building permission application, completion certificate and occupancy certificate.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
CM Bhupesh Baghel launches employment-oriented mobile app ‘Rojgar Sangi’
- TheChief Minister (CM) of Chhattisgarh, Bhupesh Baghel has launched an employment-oriented mobile app,‘Rojgar Sangi’ developed by state-run Chhattisgarh State Skill Development Authority (CSSDA) at the ceremony of youth fest 2020 held at Science College premises in Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
- The app is designed to provide employment to trained youths under their skill development programme. It is expected that through this app, lakhs of unemployed youth of the state will be able to get employment.
- The app will act as a bridge between the employment-generating institutions or individual and skill-trained youth. In this, the institutions or individuals providing employment can contact the youth trained in skill training as per their requirement.
- Information of trained & certified youths from more than 400 courses has been included. Through this app, any organization and person can post information on vacancies as per their requirement.
About chattisgarh :
- Founded: 1 November 2000
- Governor: Anusuiya Uikey
- Chief minister: Bhupesh Baghel
- Capitals: Bilaspur(Judiciary), Raipur
Face recognition app to be used in Telangana Municipal polls on pilot basis
- In a first in India, the Telangana State Election Commission will be using facial recognition app in a bid to counter impersonation by voters. This will be done on a pilot basis in 10 selected polling stations in Kompally Municipality of Medchal Malkajgiri district.
- Artificial Intelligence-based technology is based on liveness testing, big data mining and deep learning. The face recognition is digitally verifiable and quick as it will be possible to identify a person through a photograph, even if there are certain changes in the profile over a period of time of even 20 years.
- Polling for 120 municipalities and nine municipal corporations will be held on January 22nd and results declared on January 25th. Karimnagar Municipal Corporation, however, will go for polls on January 25th and results will be declared on the 27th. All stakeholders including political parties and polling staff would be sensitised on the new initiative.
Delhi CM launches ‘Guarantee card’ ahead of Assembly Polls
- Aam Aadmi Party national convenor and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched party’s Guarantee Card ahead of upcoming assembly elections in the national capital.
- He stated in the coming 5 years, AAP will ensure 24 hours drinking water supply to every household and pollution-free Delhi. He futher stated students will be given free bus services and affordable homes will be provided to the needy.
Bengaluru comes up with Centre for Excellence in Blockchain Technology
- In Karnataka, Bengaluru has come up with a Centre for Excellence in Blockchain Technology. This technology helps in enhancing transparency and trust in e-Governance system by allowing all stakeholders benefit from shared learning, experiences and resources.
- Set up by the National Informatics Centre, the Centre for Excellence would help to bring a revolutionary change in the lives of the people by delivering e-governance services effectively through the data-centric model.
- The Union Information Technology Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad has stated that the country is witnessing digital transformation as most of the State Governments are adopting technologies widely in their governance.
- Around 16,000 courts have been transformed as e-courts in India and technologies related to Direct Benefit Transfer and e-scholarship developed by NIC have been widely accepted by people as they are user-friendly.
- The Centre for Excellence will provide world-class blockchain services to government by identifying and sharing suitable data for the use of government departments.
Week-long National Tribal Youth Exchange Programme to begin in Puducherry.
- A week-long National Tribal Youth Exchange Programme will begin in Puducherry . The programme is being jointly organized by the Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS) and Puducherry Government.
- Tamil Nadu and Puducherry Director of NYKS N. Nataraj informed that 200 youths from Naxal- affected areas of Chhattisgarh State will be participating in the 12th National Tribal Youth Exchange Programme being arranged with a view to ensure development and empowerment of the tribal youths.
- They will be visiting many places to know about the language, customs, culture, arts, dressing patterns, food pattern and other aspects of Puducherry.
Visakhapatnam to be AP’s new executive Capital
- Visakhapatnam will be the executive capital of Andhra Pradesh. The State Cabinet approved a high-powered panel report on decentralisation, making Amaravati only a legislative capital.
- The Secretariat and all heads of departments will also be shifted to Visakhapatnam. A bill to this effect will be introduced in the state assembly in the special session .
- The State cabinet was to take a final call on the reports of the GN Rao panel and Boston Consulting Group, on the new capital.
- Chief Minister Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddy had announced that the Government was in favour of administrative decentralisation, with Visakhapatnam and Kurnool serving as the executive and judicial capitals, respectively, while Amaravati could be used for assembly sessions.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Oleksiy Honcharuk Resigns as Prime Minister of Ukraine
- The incumbent Prime Minister of Ukraine, Oleksiy Honcharuk submitted his resignation to President Volodymyr Zelenskiy, after less than six months in the role.
- The resignation is however still to be confirmed by the President.
- Oleksiy Honcharuk has been the Prime Minister of Ukraine since 29 August 2019 becoming the youngest-ever head of government at the age of 35.
- Capital: Kyiv
- Currency: Ukrainian hryvnia
Arjun Munda becomes President of AAI
- Union Minister Arjun Munda was elected as President of the suspended Archery Association of India (AAI) in its much-delayed elections. The elections were held as per the Delhi High Court order.
- The two factions clashed for the first time in the presence of a World Archery (WA) Observer in Kazi Rajib Uddin Ahmed Chapol.
- Mr Munda had a smooth sailing as he beat his rival B V P Rao by a margin of 34-18 votes. Munda’s entire panel secured majority share of votes and were elected for a full tenure of four years.
- A three-time Jharkhand Chief Minister, the 51-year-old Munda is a hugely popular tribal leader who also runs an archery academy which was instrumental in the rise of former world number one Deepika Kumari
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
9th International Children’s Film Festival begins in Kolkata
- The 9th International Children’s Film Festival begins in Kolkata with the screening of Aizaz Khan directed Hamid.
- About 250 films from 45 countries will be screened in the week-long festival.
- According to the official sources, the National Award winner Children actor, Talha Arsad Rishi will inaugurate the festival.
- Ten venues in the city have been selected for the festival. Besides the screening of films, an exhibition on the children’s film festival will also be organised.
Piyush Goyal to lead Indian delegation to 50th World Economic Forum at Davos
- Union Minister for Commerce and Industry Piyush Goyal will lead the Indian delegation to the 50th World Economic Forum at Davos starting from 20th of January.
- The theme of the World Economic Forum’s meeting this year is ‘Stakeholders for a Cohesive and Sustainable World’.
- The Commerce and Industry Minister will participate in the Forum along with Union Minister of State for Shipping and Chemical and Fertilizers Mansukh Mandaviya and Chief Ministers of the States of Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh apart from other senior officials.
- Goyal will hold bilateral meetings with Ministers of Australia, South Africa, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, Korea and Singapore.
- He will also hold bilateral meetings with CEOs of companies and will also attend conferences for Accelerating Investments in Indian Railways and attracting Global Institutional Investments in India.
- The World Economic Forum meeting in Davos engages the world’s top leaders to shape global, regional and industry agendas every year.
About World Economic Forum:
- Headquarters: Cologny, Switzerland
- Founded: January 1971
- Leader: Klaus Schwab
- Motto: Committed to improving the state of the world
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Kerala announces sports awards, Muhammad Anas wins GV Raja award
- Kerala Sports Minister EP Jayarajan announced the sports awards instituted by Kerala State Sports Council with Indian sprinter Muhammad Anas winning GV Raja award (Male) for athletics.
- Anas had won silver for India in the 400-meter race at Jakarta Asian games.
- In the female category, PC Thulasi was adjudged the winner for GV Raja award which carries prize money of Rs 3 lakh and a citation.
- TP Ouseph, athletics coach will be conferred with Olympian Suresh Babu lifetime achievement award which carries a prize of Rs 2 lakh and a citation.
- The award for the best sports trainer was clinched by football coach Satheevan Balan of the Kerala State Sports council.
- The Sports Minister also announced awards for meritorious sportspersons in different categories that included school and college-level students.
Singer Suman & Music Director Kuldeep to get MP’s Mangeshkar Award
- Indian singer SumanKalyanpur was chosen for the 2017 National Lata Mangeshkar Award of the state govt. of Madhya Pradesh(MP) while Indian Music composer Kuldeep Singh has been chosen for the same Mangeshkar award for the year2018.
- They have been chosen for this award for their contribution in the field of music and will be awarded in February 2020 at an event in Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
RBI ranked sixth among central banks in buying gold abroad
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) bought 5 tonnes of gold last October.
- The RBI holds 625.2 tonnes of gold, forming 6.6 per cent of its forex reserves as per World Gold Council (WGC).
- RBI was a modest player in buying gold abroad compared to other major central banks, adding to its reserve in October after a gap of five months. However, it became the sixth largest buyer when it purchased 25.2 tonnes in first 10 months of 2019 to hedge government’s sovereign gold bond issue.
- The central banks of China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Poland bought more than India in 2019.
- In 2019, Uzbekistan and Venezuela sold 16.6 tonnes and 30.3 tonnes of gold.
- Institutional investors in exchange traded funds (ETF) were the second biggest buyers of gold in 2019. Retail demand for jewellery and investments continued to be high, but ETFs overtook them by buying 400 tonnes in 2019.
Mumbai among cheapest cities in the world for luxury goods, says Global Wealth and Lifestyle report
- Swiss wealth management group Julius Baer Group Ltd stated that its first Global Wealth and Lifestyle Report 2020.
- The report is a compilation of lists that rank 28 cities around the world to purchase luxury goods and services.
- Out of 28 cities, Mumbai was ranked as the cheapest city for purchasing luxury goods and services, while Hong Kong was found to be the most expensive.
- Four out of the top five most expensive countries for luxury goods and services, in fact, were found to be Asian countries. Hong Kong topped the list, followed by Shanghai, Tokyo, New York and
India ranks 76th on WEF’s Social Mobility Index, Denmark tops the list
- India has been ranked very low at 76th place out of 82 countries on a new Social Mobility Index compiled by the World Economic Forum, while Denmark has topped the charts. The most socially mobile societies in the world, according to the report’s Global Social Mobility Index, are all European.
- The Nordic nations hold the top five spots, led by Denmark in the first place (scoring 85 points), followed by Norway, Finland and Sweden (all above 83 points) and Iceland (82 points). Rounding out the top 10 are the Netherlands (6th), Switzerland (7th), Austria (8th), Belgium (9th) and Luxembourg (10th).
- Among the world’s large emerging economies, the Russian Federation is the most socially mobile of the BRICS grouping, ranking 39th, with a score of 64 points. Next is China (45th), followed by Brazil (60th), India (76th) and South Africa (77th).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
CSIR-CCMB workshop on genome for providing personalised healthcare
- Indian and US researchers, who work to understand the genetic basis of diseases among various ethnic populations from different parts of the world, participated in a workshop organised by CSIR-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB), Hyderabad. The workshop focussed on understanding genome information in a better way.
- Improved information on genome can help fine-tune genome-assisted healthcare, and could even lead to precise, personalized, more effective and economical approaches to healthcare.
- The three-day workshop, started on January 16, was attended by around 200 researchers, many of whom are promising PhD scholars from research institutes, universities, hospitals and life science companies in India and the US.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Russia to deliver 5 S-400 air defence systems to India by 2025
- Russia will deliver five S-400 air defence systems to India by 2025, the missiles will serve well for the Indian security.
- India signed a USD 43-billion deal with Russia for the purchase of five S-400 systems during the 19th India-Russia Annual Bilateral Summit in New Delhi on October 5, 2018, for long-term security needs.
- Russia is possessing one of the world’s best defense system and it would serve well for Indian security.
About Russia :
- President: Vladimir PutinTrending
- Capital: Moscow
- Currency: Russian ruble
India successfully test-fires K-4 ballistic missile
- India has successfully test-fired a 3,500 kilometre range nuclear capable missile that can be launched from a submarine. The test of the K-4 ballistic missile was conducted off the Vizag coast in Andhra Pradesh .
- With this test, India has moved one more step towards the induction of this ballistic missile on the INS Arihant class of nuclear submarines. The missile was developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- The three-metre-tall missile carries a nuclear warhead of over one tonne with a circular error probability far lower than that of Chinese ballistic missiles. Only the US, Russia and China have submarine-launched ballistic missiles of 3,500-kilometre range.
- The submarine-launched ballistic missile is the most important part of the air, land and sea nuclear triad and is at the front of India’s second-strike capability.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Ratchanok Intanon lifts Indonesia Masters 2020 title
- Thailand’s Ratchanok Intanon lifted the Indonesia Badminton Masters 2020 women’s singles title after defeating Carolina Marin in the summit clash.
- Intanon defeated Marin 21-19, 11-21, 21-18 in one hour and twenty minutes long match. The clash went into three-games and both the shuttlers tried their 100 per cent to turn things in their favour.
- Despite losing the first game, the Spanish shuttler made a comeback in the second game and claimed the game by 21-11. Intanon won the match by claiming the third game by 21-18.
Wrestling: India bags 7 medals in Rome Ranking Series
- In wrestling, India has returned with seven medals from the Rome Ranking Series. Bajrang Punia and Ravi Kumar Dahiya claimed gold medals in the tournament l.
- The 25-year-old Bajrang staged a comeback to secure a 4-3 win against USA’s Jordan Michael Oliver in the summit showdown of the 65kg freestyle category. The 23-year-old Ravi bagged the gold after defeating Kazakhstan’s Nurbolat Abdualiyev 12-2 in his final 61 kg category
- Earlier, Vinesh Phogat won a gold and Anshu Malik a silver in the women’s competition. In Greco-roman, Gurpreet Singh won a gold in 82 kg category. Sunil Kumar settled for a silver in 97kg category while Sajan Bhanwal got a bronze in the 77 kg category.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Senior journalist, former BJP MP Ashwini Kumar Chopra passes away
- Senior journalist and former BJP MP Ashwini Chopra passed away after a prolonged illness. He was 63.
- The media baron-turned journalist was elected as an MP from Karnal, Haryana, in 2014. He was the editor of Punjab Kesari, Delhi.
Mellifluous voice of Sunanda Patnaik passed away
- Eminent Indian classical singer Sunanda Patnaik, who had carved a special identity in Odia music world, passed away following a prolonged illness.
- Popularly known as ‘Guguma’. Daughter of legendary Odia poet Baikunthanath Patnaik, the veteran singer was born November 7, 1934, and started her career in singing at the All India Radio, Cuttack in 1948 at the age of 14.
Former India all-rounder Bapu Nadkarni passes away
- Former India all-rounder Bapu Nadkarni, best known for bowling a record 21 successive maiden overs in a Test match, passed away.
- Nadkarni was a Mumbai stalwart having played 191 first-class matches and taken 500 wickets and scored 8880 runs.
World’s shortest man Khagendra Thapa Magar passes away
- The world’s shortest man who could walk, 27-year-old Khagendra Thapa Magar, has passed away in Nepal.
- He stood at just 67.08 cm tall and was declared the shortest man alive by Guinness World Records (GWR) in 2010 after turning 18.
Bhopal’s titular queen Saleha Sultan passes away in Hyderabad
- Princess Saleha Sultan, the titular queen of Bhopal, passed away due to a long term illness in Hyderabad. Her funeral is set to take place in Bhopal.
- Her husband Nawab Bashir Yar Jung from the Paigah family, whose father constructed the Falaknuma Palace, passed away in 2019.
DAILY CA- 15th to 17th JAN
- India is celebrating 72nd Army Day on January 15, 2020
- CARA celebrates 5th Annual Day
- PM Modi welcomes agreement to permanently settle Bru-Reang refugees in Tripura
- Mega campaign on fuel conservation ‘Saksham‘ inaugurated in New Delhi
- Qatar scraps unpopular exit permits for domestic workers
- CCI orders probe against Amazon, Flipkart over discount practices
- WPI surges to 59 pct in December 2019
- RBI asks issuers to provide facility to switch on, off cards to prevent frauds
- ‘Parshuram Kund Mela’ begins in Arunachal Pradesh
- Rojgaar Sangi- app to connect trained candidates with jobs
- Arunachal to start red-listing of orchids
- 34,000 Bru refugees to be settled in Tripura
- Maha CM launches first girder of India’s longest sea-bridge
- MP govt to set up Gandhi chairs, pillars in universities & colleges
- Harish Salve appointed Queen’s Counsel for courts of England & Wales
- Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev submits resignation
- Odisha’s Puri District receives Swachhata Darpan Awards 2019
- Sindhi writer Vasdev Mohi to be conferred with 29th Saraswati Samman
- A Renewable Energy Investors’ Meet organized by Indian Railways
- IR Exhibition on Indian Heritage in Digital Space
- News Ladakh hosts first ever Food Processing Summit to attract investors
- Om Birla inaugurates 7th Conference of CPA India Region in Lucknow
- Fifth Science Film festival kick-starts in Goa
- The 6th National Standards Conclave is being held in Delhi
- Isro’s GSAT-30 satellite successfully launched aboard Ariane rocket
- Indo-Japanese joint exercise ‘Sahyog-Kaijin’ begins off Chennai Coast
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh flags off 51st K9 VAJRA-T gun from L&T complex in Gujarat
- ICC U-19 World Cup Cricket begins in South Africa
- MS Dhoni dropped from BCCI’s central contracts list
DAILY CA- 18th to 20th JAN
- National Immunization Day-19th jan
- NDRF celebrates its 15th Raising Day-18th jan
- President Kovind launches Pulse Polio Programme for 2020
- 3rd edition of North Zone Conference’ of Media Units of I&B Ministry held in Jammu
- DV Sadananda Gowda launches APNA UREA – SonaUgle” brand of HURL
- Conference on Census 2021 held in New Delhi
- Iranian Film ‘Castle of Dreams’ gets Best Film Award at Dhaka International Film Festival
- Qatar signs $470 mn solar deal
- Novel corona virus grips China’s Wuhan city
- Tamil Nadu plans single window system for building permits
- CM Bhupesh Baghel launches employment-oriented mobile app ‘Rojgar Sangi’
- Face recognition app to be used in Telangana Municipal polls on pilot basis
- Delhi CM launches ‘Guarantee card’ ahead of Assembly Polls
- Bengaluru comes up with Centre for Excellence in Blockchain Technology
- Week-long National Tribal Youth Exchange Programme to begin in
- Visakhapatnam to be AP’s new executive Capital
- Oleksiy Honcharuk Resigns as Prime Minister of Ukraine
- Arjun Munda becomes President of AAI
- 9th International Children’s Film Festival begins in Kolkata
- Piyush Goyal to lead Indian delegation to 50th World Economic Forum at Davos
- Kerala announces sports awards, Muhammad Anas wins GV Raja award
- Singer Suman & Music Director Kuldeep to get MP’s Mangeshkar Award
- RBI ranked sixth among central banks in buying gold abroad
- Mumbai among cheapest cities in the world for luxury goods, says Global Wealth and Lifestyle report
- India ranks 76th on WEF’s Social Mobility Index, Denmark tops the list
- CSIR-CCMB workshop on genome for providing personalised healthcare
- Russia to deliver 5 S-400 air defence systems to India by 2025
- India successfully test-fires K-4 ballistic missile
- Ratchanok Intanon lifts Indonesia Masters 2020 title
- Wrestling: India bags 7 medals in Rome Ranking Series
- Senior journalist, former BJP MP Ashwini Kumar Chopra passes away
- Mellifluous voice of Sunanda Patnaik passed away
- Former India all-rounder Bapu Nadkarni passes away
- World’s shortest man Khagendra Thapa Magar passes away
- Bhopal’s titular queen Saleha Sultan passes away in Hyderabad