Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
PM Modi, Nepali PM KP Sharma Oli to inaugurate ICP Biratnagar
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Nepali counterpart K P Sharma Oli will inaugurate Integrated Check Post (ICP) Biratnagar . The two Prime Ministers will jointly inaugurate the prestigious project through video conferencing at 11 A.M.
- ICP Biratnagar has been built on 260 acres of land at a cost of around 140 crore rupees. It has the facilities for immigration clearance of foreign passengers, export and import cargo handling.
- ICP Biratnagar is equipped with all modern facilities like warehousing facilities including refrigerated cargo, electronic weighing bridges, 100% power backup, fire safety, dedicated communication network and 24×7 monitoring through CCTV and public announcement systems. It is designed to handle around 500 trucks per day.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
50th Annual Meeting of World Economic Forum begins in Davos
- The 50th Annual Meeting of the World Economic Forum, a congregation of rich and powerful from across the world, opens in Davos, Switzerland .
- Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal will lead the Indian delegation to the WEF. Besides, over 100 CEOs, political leaders including Union Ministers and Chief Ministers will take part in the 50th edition of the annual event.
- The welcome message was followed by the annual crystal awards and this year’s recipients included celebrity film star Deepika Padukone.
- The awards are given to cultural leaders, who are improving the state of the world through their contributions to inclusive and sustainable change. This year’s programme focuses on achieving maximum impact on the Forum’s platform for public-private cooperation across six core areas of activity: ecology, economy, society, industry, technology, and geopolitics.
- Among the initiatives to be launched at the annual meeting is one that aims to plant one trillion trees over the next decade and to equip one billion people with the necessary skills in the age of the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
US President Donald Trump, Britain’s Prince Charles, German Chancellor Angela Merkel would be among the world leaders attending the annual meeting.
About world economic forum:
- Founded: January 1971
- Headquarters: Cologny, Switzerland
- Leader: Klaus Schwab
- Motto: Committed to improving the state of the world
Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina to launch e-passport distribution in Dhaka
- Bangladesh is set to begin the distribution of e-passports . Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is expected to launch the e-passport distribution at an event scheduled to be held at the capital’s Bangabandhu International Conference Centre
- The delivery of e-passports will start in regional offices by the end of 2020.
- The services will expand in phases, adding that machine-readable passports will remain valid as well.
- The Department of Immigration and Passports will issue 48-page and 64-page e-passports with the validity of five years and 10 years, respectively.
- The decision on introducing digital passport comes less than a decade after Bangladesh switched from manual to the machine-readable passport.
- The government took the initiative to introduce e-passports in the wake of more than one passport being illegally issued against one person in the absence of database of fingerprints of citizens.
Recent news related to Bangladesh
- India-World Bank sign 88 million USD to implement Assam Inland Water Transport Project
- India erects “steel fence” across Pakistan, Bangladesh border
- India Bangladesh old rail links of 1965 prewar to be reopened
- India- Bangladesh Navies to participate in maiden bilateral drill at Visakhapatnam
- India to set up coastal surveillance system in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh PM receives Dr Kalam Smriti International Excellence Award 2019
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Rs 70,000 crore loan amount has been disbursed till Jan 13 under MSMEs scheme: Govt
- The Finance Ministry has stated that a loan amount of nearly seventy thousand crore rupees has been disbursed till 13th of this month under the scheme of providing loan to Micro Small and Medium Enterprises – MSMEs within 59 minutes.
- Out of the 2.73 lakh applications received, 2.19 lakh applications have been approved.
- For ease of access to credit for MSMEs, the government has introduced loan provision to MSMEs through a dedicated online portal- psbloansin59 minutes.com.
- The portal acts as a single interface portal which facilitates in principal approval of bank loans to Micro Small and Medium Enterprises upto five crore rupees within 59 minutes.
West Bengal emerges at the top in vegetable production
- West Bengal has overtaken Uttar Pradesh and emerged as the top State in vegetable production in 2018-19, the data presented at a recent horticultural meeting showed.
- According to the State-wise horticulture production data released at a conference organised by the Agriculture Ministry West Bengal produced 29.55 million tonnes (mt) of vegetables last year against 27.70 mt in the year before. Vegetable production in UP, which held the numerous position earlier, came down to 27.71 mt in 2018-19 from 28.32 mt the previous year.
- Andhra Pradesh continued to hold on to the pole position in fruits with 17.61 mt, followed by Maharashtra (10.82 mt) and UP (10.65 mt). While Andhra Pradesh marginally improved its position,
- Maharashtra overtook Assam, which occupied the second position in 2017-18. UP, too, moved several notches up from 2017-18 levels to reach the third rank
BEL commissions real time train info system for Railways
- Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL), the Bengaluru-based defence PSU, has commissioned Phase I of the Real Time Train Information System (RTIS) for the Railways.
- RTIS provides real-time train information to the Railways thereby increasing its operational efficiency, in addition to enhancing passenger safety.
- The system has been commissioned through the Centre for Railway Information System (CRIS), under the technical guidance of Space Applications Centre (SAC), ISRO.
- RTIS provides real-time positional information of locomotives to the Railways. It facilitates automatic acquisition of train movement data, including that of arrival, departure and run-through timings, at the stations en route.
- Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Chairman and managing director: M V Gowtama
India among top 10 FDI recipients, attracts $49 billion inflows in 2019: UN report
- India was among the top 10 recipients of Foreign Direct Investment in 2019, attracting $49 billion in inflows, a 16 per cent increase from the previous year, driving the FDI growth in South Asia, according to a UN report.
- The Global Investment Trend Monitor report compiled by United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) states that the global foreign direct investment remained flat in 2019 at $1.39 trillion, a one per cent decline from a revised $1.41 trillion in
- This is against the backdrop of weaker macroeconomic performance and policy uncertainty for investors, including trade tensions.
- Developing economies continue to absorb more than half of global FDI flows. South Asia recorded a 10 per cent increase in FDI to $60 billion and “this growth was driven by India, with a 16 per cent increase in inflows to an estimated $49 billion. The majority went into services industries, including information technology.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ACQUISITION AND MERGERS
Zomato acquires UberEats India for nearly Rs 2,500 crore in all-stock deal
- Zomato announced that it has acquired Uber’s Food Delivery Business in India in an all-stock deal and Uber will have 9.99 per cent stake in the Deepinder Goyal-led food delivery platform.
- It is in the range of over USD 350 million or nearly Rs 2,500 crore. Uber Eats in India will discontinue operations and direct restaurants, delivery partners, and users of the Uber Eats apps to the Zomato platform.
- We are proud to have pioneered restaurant discovery and to have created a leading food delivery business across more than 500 cities in India. This acquisition significantly strengthens our position in the category stated Goyal, Founder and CEO, Zomato.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Magh Bihu celebrated in Assam
- Magh Bihu, an auspicious harvest festival, is being celebrated in Assam.
- People began the day by gathering at a temple and offered prayers, recited mantras and beat up the drums. They also took a walk around the bonfire.
- There are three Bihu- Rongali Bihu, Kati Bihu, and Magh Bihu.
- Magh Bihu falls in the local month of ‘Magh’ during mid-January. It is also called ‘Bhogali Bihu’ as it is celebrated with community feasts after the annual harvest takes place.
- The highlight of this festival is the food, which is made from the abundance of grains after the harvest.
- The villagers make bamboo huts called ‘Bhelaghor’ or community kitchen where they begin with the preparations for the festival.
- Capital- Dispur
- Chief Minister (CM)- Sarbananda Sanowal
- Governor- Jagdish Mukhi
Haryana Assembly passes motion to ratify 126th Constitutional Amendment
- Haryana Assembly unanimously passed a motion to ratify the 126th Constitutional Amendment .
- The Amendment seeks to extend reservation for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in Haryana for another 10 years in the Lok Sabha and State Legislative Assemblies. It was moved by Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kanwar Pal.
- The specially convened session was then adjourned sine die.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya
- Chief minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Nripendra Misra appointed as Chairman of Nehru Memorial Museum & Library
- The Central Government has appointed Nripendra Misra, former principal secretary to the Prime Minister, as the Chairman of the Executive Council (EC) of the Nehru Memorial Museum & Library (NMML).
- This has been done after the Government decided to reconstitute the Executive Council of the NMML society.
- A Surya Prakash, who is the Chairman of Prasar Bharati, has been appointed as the Vice-Chairman of the Council.
- Other key members of the Executive Council include Rajya Sabha members Vinay Sahasrabudhhe and Swapan Dasgupta besides academician Kapil Kapoor.
- Meanwhile , two senior officials of the Ministry of Culture and Director of NMML will serve as ex-officio members in the EC
Lt Gen SK Saini Appointed As India’s Vice Chief Of Army Staff
- Indian Army’s Southern Command Chief, Lt Gen SK Saini will be the force’s new vice chief.
- The post fell vacant after Lt Gen MM Naravane was elevated to the post of Chief of Army Staff.
- He had also served as the Deputy Chief Military Personnel Officer in UN Mission in Iraq, attended an exercise on peacekeeping conducted by the Global Peace Operations initiative in Mongolia and a counter-terrorism exercise in Australia.
- The appointment was made by the Department of Military Affairs (DMA) headed by Chief of Defence Staff (CDS)General Bipin Rawat and this was the first order of a senior military appointment made through DMA
IAS officers Rajeev Singh Thakur, Shantanu appointed joint secretaries in military affairs dept
- Senior bureaucrats Rajeev Singh Thakur and Shantanu have been appointed as joint secretaries in the newly-created department of military affairs, as part of major bureaucratic reshuffle effected by the central government.
- Thakur will have a tenure till December 3, 2022. Shantanu has been appointed to the post till March 27, 2024.
- The government had last month created the department of military affairs, which is headed by Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) Gen Bipin Rawat.
- Odisha cadre IAS officer Vishal Gagan will be joint secretary, department of defence for a tenure of five years.
- Ashutosh Agnihotri has been appointed joint secretary in home ministry.
- Jammu and Kashmir cadre IAS officer Ashok Kumar Parmar will be advisor, inter state council secretariat under the home ministry.
- Bharat H Khera has been appointed joint secretary in Cabinet Secretariat.
- Vimalendra Anand Patwardhan, an officer of Indian Audit and Accounts Service,has been named as joint secretary and financial adviser in ministry of civil aviation, and IAS officer Nagaraju Maddirala will be joint secretary in the coal ministry.
- S Suresh Kumar and Puneet Agarwal have been appointed as joint secretaries in department of commerce and department of defence production respectively.
- Vineet Mathur will be JS, department of consumer affairs and Indian Forest Service (IFoS) officer Sanjukta Mudgal has been appointed as joint secretary in culture ministry.
- IAS officer Tanmay Kumar has been appointed joint secretary in the power ministry. Madhya Pradesh cadre IAS officer Hari Ranjan Rao will be joint secretary, department of telecommunications for five years.
- Other officers have been appointed in different central government departments.
Sanjiv Chadha appointed as CEO of Bank of Baroda; Atanu Kumar Das to head Bank of India
- The government approved the selection of heads of four public sector banks (PSBs) including State Bank of India (SBI), Canara Bank, Bank of Baroda and Bank of India.
- The appointments committee of the Cabinet has approved the proposal of the Department of the Financial Services for appointment of Challa Sreenivasulu Setty as the MD of SBI for a period of three years, according to an order. He is currently serving as the deputy MD of the SBI.
- Further, the committee has also cleared the name of Sanjiv Chadha to be appointed as MD and CEO of Bank of Baroda. He is currently serving as the deputy MD of the SBI. He will assume charges from February 1.
- Lingam Venkata Prabhakar, who is serving as executive director of Punjab National Bank, will be appointed as MD and CEO of Canara Bank. Atanu Kumar Das is appointed as MD and CEO of Bank of India.
IMF cuts India’s growth rate for 2019-20 to 4.8%, projects 5.8% growth in next fiscal
- Calling it one of the “negative surprises”, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) on sharply cut India’s growth estimate for the current fiscal to 8 per cent, darkening the economic picture from the rosy 7.5 per cent made this time last year.
- The latest cut follows a downward trend which reduced India’s growth to 6.1 per cent in October.
- IMF’s World Economic Outlook (WEO) blamed India’s economic slowdown for a “lion’s share” of the 0.1 per cent cut in the global economic growth projections for last year to 2.9 per cent and to 3.3 per cent for the current year from those made in October.
- It also cut the global economic projections for 2021 by 0.2 per cent to 4 per cent.
- In the next fiscal year, India’s growth rate is expected to increase by 1 per cent to 5.8 per cent.
- IMF projects India to be the second fastest growing major economy this year and the next, behind China’s 6.1 this year and 6.4 next year.
- India is expected to get the top spot in 2021, with a growth rate of 6.5 per cent to China’s 5.8 per cent, according to the IMF.
- Head quarters: Washington, DC , United States
- Managing Director: Kristalina Georgieva
Chief Economist: Gita Gopinath
Reports released by IMF :
- World Economic Outlook : InternationalMonetary Fund (IMF)
- Global Financial Stability Report: International Monetary Fund (IMF)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
ECI’s cVIGIL and Voter Helpline App get ‘Award of Excellence’
- ‘cVIGIL‘ and ‘Voter Helpline App’ — two innovative ICT applications of the Election Commission of India, developed in-house, have won the eGovernance ‘Award of Excellence’ for the year 2019.
- The award was presented at KiiT, Bhubaneswar.
- Dr Kushal Pathak, Director, ICT and CISO, ECI and Chief Electoral Officer of Odisha, Sushil Kumar Lohani, received the award on behalf of the Election Commission.
- These awards were given by the Computer Society of India (CSI), Special Interest Group on e-Governance (CSI SIG e-Gov).
- cVIGIL empowers citizens to report the Model Code of Conduct violations such as bribery, free gift, liquor distribution, playing loudspeakers beyond the permissible time during the elections.
- By using the mobile app, the citizen captures the live photo or video. The election machinery comes into action immediately as they get the evidentiary proof of the violation. Every cVIGIL case is acted upon and replied back with the action taken in the 100-minute timeline
- Voter helpline App with 16 crore downloads has taken roots as a major tool for citizen empowerment. The application provides an option for voters to search their name in 90-plus crore electors database, fill forms for new voter registration, migration and corrections, allow downloading of digital photo voter slips, displays the complete information about the contesting candidates and their affidavits and most importantly allows voters to view the real-time results.
Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw fourth Indian to receive highest Australian civilian honour
- Australia has conferred its highest civilian honour, the Order of Australia honour, on Biocon founder Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw for her contribution towards advancing the country’s relationship with India.
- Australia’s High Commissioner to India Harinder Sidhu invested Mazumdar-Shaw as an Honorary Member within the Order of Australia (AM) in the General Division at a ceremony in Bengaluru.
- Mazumdar-Shaw – an Australian Global Alumni Ambassador – is also recognised for her sustained and significant contribution to industry academia collaboration between Australia and India.
- An alumnus of Federation University Australia, Mazumdar-Shaw is the founder of Biocon, one of India’s largest bio-pharmaceutical companies.
- The Australian civilian honours from India are star batsman Sachin Tendulkar in 2012, Former Attorney General of India Soli Jehangir Sorabjee in 2006 and Mother Teresa (Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu) of Kolkata in 1982.
- She is the fourth Indian citizen to be awarded Australia’s highest civilian honour.
Champion of Change Award’ conferred on Jharkhand CM Hemant Soren
- Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren was conferred with the “Champion of Change Award-2019” for his work in the Barhait and Dumka assembly constituencies in the state.
- Former president Pranab Mukherjee gave the award to Soren at a function in New Delhi.
- Soren, who had won the Dumka seat in 2009, was defeated in the following assembly elections but regained it in the recently-concluded polls.
- Soren, who also won the Barhait seat for the second consecutive term, dedicated the award to his father Shibu Soren and the people of Jharkhand.
About Jharkhand :
- Capital : ranchi
- Governor:Draupadi Murmu (BJP)
- Chief Minister:Hemant Soren (JMM)
- National park: betla national park
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
First edition of Krishi Manthan begins in Ahmedabad
- In Gujarat, the first edition of Krishi Manthan– the largest Food, Agri-business and Rural Development Summit of Asia organized by IndianInstitute of Management, Ahmedabad
- More than 1,500 delegates including students and academicians are participating in thetwo-day event organized by the Food and Agribusiness Committee of IIMA.
- The students along with working professionals from Food, Agriculture and allied sectors are getting benefited from the workshops during this summit.
- It is an exclusive platform for industry, and policymakers to share ideas, and knowledge to create solutions
- Capital- Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister- Vijay Ramniklal Rupani
- Governor- Acharya Devvrat
Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises Minister Inaugurates ELECRAMA 2020
- Union Minister of Heavy Industries &Public Enterprises, Environment, Forest and Climate Change and Information & Broadcasting, Prakash Javadekar inaugurated ELECRAMA 2020, at India Expo Mart in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- The event has been organised from 18 to 22 January 2020 by industry body, Indian Electrical and Electronics Manufacturers Association (IEEMA), which is targeting businesses worth Rs 30,000 crore during the five-day event.
- ELECRAMAis the flagship showcase of the Indian electrical industry and a platform to connect the world with Indian industry in respect of technology, new trends and innovation for future energy transition.
- The focus of 2020 ELECRAMA is on e-mobility, energy storage, start-ups, grid transformation, revenue security with special attention on small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
- IEEMA is a national representative organization of manufacturers of electrical, industrial electronics and allied equipment in India with presence in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore.
IILF to be held in Chennai from January 31 to February 3
- The 35th edition of India International Leather Fair (IILF) will be held from January 31 to February 3 in Chennai. The event organised by the Indian Finished Leather Manufacturers and Exporters Association will provide an insight about the latest trends and designs in the industry.
- The highlight of the event will be the Leather Fashion Show scheduled to be held on February 2. About 450 exhibitors will display their products during the show.
- From raw material to finished products like leather footwear, garments and fashion accessories will be showcased at the event. Stakeholders like raw material suppliers, manufacturing equipment suppliers and tanneries will participate in the event and showcase their products.
- Apart from public, the fair will provide an exposure to the industry people about the latest technology, equipment and trends in the market.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
IAF inducts its first squadron of Sukhoi-30 MKI aircraft equipped with BrahMos missiles
- The Indian Air Force has inducted its first squadron of Sukhoi-30 MKI aircraft carrying the BrahMos missiles in the South at its Thanjavur base in Tamil Nadu .
- The Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat and the Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Rakesh Kumar Bhadauria inducted the squadron at an impressive ceremony. The newly reinstated 222-squadron, also known as the Tigersharks, would serve as a lethal weapons platform capable of carrying both aerial and maritime roles in the Indian Ocean Region.
- General Bipin Rawat stated, Thanjavur is strategically located in the southern peninsula. From there, the Tigersharks can dominate the seas and provide very close and integrated support to the Indian Navy. It can also provide support to the land forces.
- Air Chief Marshal Rakesh Kumar Bhadauria , the Sukhoi-30 MKI aircraft integrated with the supersonic cruise missiles BrahMos is the strongest maritime combination that we have, in terms of weapon capability.
About air force:
|Chief of the Air Staff (CAS)||Air Chief Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria,|
|Vice Chief of the Air Staff (VCAS)||Air Marshal Harjit Singh Arora|
SpaceX launches, destroys rocket in astronaut escape test
- SpaceX completed the last big test of its crew capsule before launching astronauts in as little as two months, mimicking an emergency escape shortly after liftoff.
- No one was aboard for the wild ride in the skies above Cape Canaveral, just two mannequins.
- A Falcon 9 rocket blasted off as normal, but just over a minute into its supersonic flight, the Dragon crew capsule catapulted off the top 12 miles (20 kilometers) above the Atlantic.
- Powerful thrusters on the capsule propelled it up and out of harm’s way, as the rocket engines deliberately shut down and the booster tumbled out of control in a fiery flash.
- Founder: Elon Musk
- Founded: 6 May 2002
- CEO: Elon Musk
- Headquarters: Hawthorne, California, United States
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHOR
Book on jurist Nani A Palkhivala ‘Essays and Reminiscences’ released
- A book of essays and reminiscences on Nani A Palkhivala has been released to mark the birth centenary of the noted jurist and economist.
- The book is published by LexisNexis publications.The book was commissioned by the Nani A Palkhivala Memorial Trust and edited by the senior advocate Arvind Datar.
- The book primarily divided into two parts essays written in honour of Palkhivala on a variety of subjects and reminiscences of those who knew and interacted with the late jurist.
- Former Reserve Bank of India Governor Raghuram G Rajan, Industrialist Ratan N Tata, Jurists Fali S Nariman, Soli J Sorabjee and K Parasaran and Justice (retired) S Ranganathan are some of the important contributors of the book.
W.V. Raman’s The Winning Sixer launched
- Woorkeri Venkat Raman(WV Raman), former Indian cricket team opener has authored a book ‘The Winning Sixer: Leadership Lessons To Master’.
- The book was published byRupa Publications, India.
- ‘The Winning Sixer’, released formally by Anil Kumble, Raman has drawn on his own experiences, and those of other athletes, to derive leadership lessons from sport.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
ICC ODI rankings: Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma consolidate top batting positions; Bumrah tops bowling chart
- India Captain Virat Kohli and his deputy Rohit Sharma consolidated their top two positions in the batting chart in the One-Day International Rankings issued by International Cricket Council in Dubai . Following their stellar performances against Australia which India won 2-1, Kohli (No.1) and Rohit (No.2) have strengthened their positions.
- With 183 runs under his belt against Australia, Kohli was the player-of-the-series while Rohit was a close second, garnering 171 runs in the rubber, including a match-winning 119 in the deciding ODI in Bengaluru . Kohli (886 points) and Rohit (868 points) have gained two and three rating points, to occupy the top two positions in the batting rankings.
- Indian pace ace Jasprit Bumrah continued to lead among bowlers. Bumrah, who returned from injury in the Australia series, is at top of the bowling chart with 764 points.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Veteran Congress leader Shamsher Surjewala passes away
- Veteran Congress leader Shamsher Singh Surjewala passed away following prolonged illness.
- Shamsher Surjewala remained a five-time MLA and one-time Rajya Sabha MP. He was also the former president of the Haryana Congress and a former minister.
DAILY CA- 18th to 20th JAN
- National Immunization Day-19th jan
- NDRF celebrates its 15th Raising Day-18th jan
- President Kovind launches Pulse Polio Programme for 2020
- 3rd edition of North Zone Conference’ of Media Units of I&B Ministry held in Jammu
- DV Sadananda Gowda launches APNA UREA – SonaUgle” brand of HURL
- Conference on Census 2021 held in New Delhi
- Iranian Film ‘Castle of Dreams’ gets Best Film Award at Dhaka International Film Festival
- Qatar signs $470 mn solar deal
- Novel corona virus grips China’s Wuhan city
- Tamil Nadu plans single window system for building permits
- CM Bhupesh Baghel launches employment-oriented mobile app ‘Rojgar Sangi’
- Face recognition app to be used in Telangana Municipal polls on pilot basis
- Delhi CM launches ‘Guarantee card’ ahead of Assembly Polls
- Bengaluru comes up with Centre for Excellence in Blockchain Technology
- Week-long National Tribal Youth Exchange Programme to begin in
- Visakhapatnam to be AP’s new executive Capital
- Oleksiy Honcharuk Resigns as Prime Minister of Ukraine
- Arjun Munda becomes President of AAI
- 9th International Children’s Film Festival begins in Kolkata
- Piyush Goyal to lead Indian delegation to 50th World Economic Forum at Davos
- Kerala announces sports awards, Muhammad Anas wins GV Raja award
- Singer Suman & Music Director Kuldeep to get MP’s Mangeshkar Award
- RBI ranked sixth among central banks in buying gold abroad
- Mumbai among cheapest cities in the world for luxury goods, says Global Wealth and Lifestyle report
- India ranks 76th on WEF’s Social Mobility Index, Denmark tops the list
- CSIR-CCMB workshop on genome for providing personalised healthcare
- Russia to deliver 5 S-400 air defence systems to India by 2025
- India successfully test-fires K-4 ballistic missile
- Ratchanok Intanon lifts Indonesia Masters 2020 title
- Wrestling: India bags 7 medals in Rome Ranking Series
- Senior journalist, former BJP MP Ashwini Kumar Chopra passes away
- Mellifluous voice of Sunanda Patnaik passed away
- Former India all-rounder Bapu Nadkarni passes away
- World’s shortest man Khagendra Thapa Magar passes away
- Bhopal’s titular queen Saleha Sultan passes away in Hyderabad
DAILY CA- 21st JAN
- PM Modi, Nepali PM KP Sharma Oli to inaugurate ICP Biratnagar
- 50th Annual Meeting of World Economic Forum begins in Davos
- Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina to launch e-passport distribution in Dhaka
- Rs 70,000 crore loan amount has been disbursed till Jan 13 under MSMEs scheme: Govt
- West Bengal emerges at the top in vegetable production
- BEL commissions real time train info system for Railways
- India among top 10 FDI recipients, attracts $49 billion inflows in 2019: UN report
- Zomato acquires UberEats India for nearly Rs 2,500 crore in all-stock deal
- Magh Bihu celebrated in Assam
- Haryana Assembly passes motion to ratify 126th Constitutional Amendment
- Nripendra Misra appointed as Chairman of Nehru Memorial Museum & Library
- Lt Gen SK Saini Appointed As India’s Vice Chief Of Army Staff
- IAS officers Rajeev Singh Thakur, Shantanu appointed joint secretaries in military affairs dept
- Sanjiv Chadha appointed as CEO of Bank of Baroda; Atanu Kumar Das to head Bank of India
- IMF cuts India’s growth rate for 2019-20 to 8%, projects 5.8% growth in next fiscal
- ECI’s cVIGIL and Voter Helpline App get ‘Award of Excellence’
- Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw fourth Indian to receive highest Australian civilian honour
- Champion of Change Award’ conferred on Jharkhand CM Hemant Soren
- First edition of Krishi Manthan begins in Ahmedabad
- Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises Minister Inaugurates ELECRAMA 2020
- IILF to be held in Chennai from January 31 to February 3
- IAF inducts its first squadron of Sukhoi-30 MKI aircraft equipped with BrahMos missiles
- SpaceX launches, destroys rocket in astronaut escape test
- Book on jurist Nani A Palkhivala ‘Essays and Reminiscences’ released
- V. Raman’s The Winning Sixer launched
- ICC ODI rankings: Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma consolidate top batting positions; Bumrah tops bowling chart
- Veteran Congress leader Shamsher Surjewala passes away