Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Centre for tougher law against sexual harassment at work
- Group of Ministers finalises recommendations, which will be put up for public comments.
The Group of Ministers (GoM) headed by Home Minister Amit Shah, which was constituted to strengthen the legal framework to prevent sexual harassment at the workplace, has finalised its recommendations.
- The recommendations, which include addition of new provisions to the Indian Penal Code, will be put up for comments from the public.
- The GoM was constituted first in October 2018 in the aftermath of the #MeToo movement after many women shared their ordeal on social media. It was reconstituted in July 2019 under Mr. Shah.
- The other members of the GoM are Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, Human Resource and Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal and Women and Child Development Minister Smriti Irani.
- The Women and Child Development Ministry had steered the Sexual Harassment of Women and Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act in 2013, which was applicable to government offices, the private sector, NGOs and the unorganised sector.
PM Modi to chair 32nd interaction through PRAGATI platform
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will chair the 32nd interaction through PRAGATI- the ICT-based, multi-modal platform for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation in New Delhi . In the previous thirty-one interactions of PRAGATI, projects worth over twelve lakh crores have been reviewed by the Prime Minister.
- In the last PRAGATI meeting, nine projects worth over 61 thousand crore rupees related to 16 states and the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir were taken up for discussion.
- There were also discussions on various topics like grievances of Indian citizens working abroad, National Agriculture Market, Aspirational District Programme and infrastructure development programmes and initiatives.
- Prime Minister had launched the multi-purpose and multi-modal governance platform PRAGATI on 25th March 2015. PRAGATI is an integrating and interactive platform aimed at addressing the common man’s grievances.
- PRAGATI also helps in simultaneously monitoring and reviewing important programmes and projects of the Centre as well as projects flagged by various State governments.
Procurement of defence equipment worth over Rs 5,000 cr approved to promote indigenization
- Defence Acquisition Council, DAC has approved procurement of equipment worth over five thousand 100 crore rupees from indigenous sources to promote indigenization. They include sophisticated Electronic Warfare Systems for the Army designed by Defence Research and Development Organization, DRDO and manufactured locally by the Indian industry.
- These systems will be used in deserts and plains and will provide comprehensive Electronic Support and Counter Measure capabilities to the field formations in both communication and other aspects of Electronic Warfare.
- The DAC headed by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh met to consider a number of new and ongoing proposals for procuring critically needed platforms and equipment for the Armed Forces. The council also approved prototype testing of trawl assemblies designed by DRDO for T-72 and T-90 tanks providing an important indigenous de-mining capability to the Army. The DAC also accorded approval for inclusion of Innovations for Defence Excellence (iDEX) in Defence Procurement Procedure.
- This will provide avenues in capital procurement for the Armed Forces to startups and innovators working for iDEX and provide huge fillip to their budding efforts.
- In another significant step, the DAC also approved shortlisting of Indian Strategic Partners (SP) and the potential Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) that will collaborate with SPs to construct six conventional submarines in India. This programme is being progressed under the Strategic Partnership Model, promulgated in 2017 to give a major boost to Make in India in Defence Sector.
Govt sets up National Startup Advisory Council
- The government stated that it has set up a National Startup Advisory Council to advise the Centre on measures needed to build a strong ecosystem for nurturing innovation and start-ups in the country.
- The Council will suggest measures to foster a culture of innovation among students and others.
- It will also suggest measures to facilitate public organisations to assimilate innovation, promote creation, protection and commercialisation of intellectual property rights, make it easier to start, operate, grow and exit businesses by reducing regulatory compliances and costs.
- Further, the ministry stated the Council will suggest ways to promote ease of access to capital for start-ups, incentivise domestic capital for investments, mobilise global capital for investments, and keep control of start-ups with original promoters.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Brazil President Bolsonaro to be chief guest at 71st Republic Day
- President of Brazil Jair Messias Bolsonaro will arrive in New Delhi on a four-day state visit to India. President Bolsonaro will be the chief guest at the 71st Republic Day Parade at Raj Path in the national capital on January 26.
- He will be accompanied by a delegation comprising of seven Ministers, Chairman of Brazil-India Friendship Group in the Brazilian Parliament, senior officials and a large business delegation.
- President Bolsonaro will meet President Ram Nath Kovind on 25th of January who will host a Banquet in his honour. On the same day, he will hold talks with the Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Vice President and the External Affairs Minister will call on President Bolsonaro.
About Brazil :
- President: Jair Bolsonaro
- Capital: Brasilia
- Currency: Brazilian real
Official language: Portuguese
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Global unemployment projected to rise by around 2.5 million in 2020: UN report
- Global unemployment is projected to increase by around 5 million in 2020 and almost half a billion people are working fewer paid hours than they would like or lack adequate access to paid work, according to UN’s International Labour Organization report.
- The World Employment and Social Outlook: Trends 2020 (WESO) report, released , states that global unemployment has been roughly stable for the last nine years but slowing global economic growth means that, as the global labour force increases, not enough new jobs are being generated to absorb new entrants to the labour market.
- The International Labour Organization (ILO) forecasts that unemployment will rise by about 5 million this year.
- The ILO is a UN agency whose mandate is to advance social justice and promote decent work by setting international labour standards.
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Head: Guy Ryder
- Founded: 1919
Vodafone m-pesa’s certificate of authorisation cancelled by RBI
- The Reserve Bank of India cancelled the Certificate of Authorisation (CoA) of Vodafone m-pesa after its voluntary surrender of authorisation.
- The company henceforth cannot transact business of issuance and operation of Prepaid payment Instruments
- The central bank, however, stated that the customers or merchants having a valid claim on the company as a PSO, can approach the company till September 30, 2022, for settlement of their claims within three years from the date of cancellation.
- “The Reserve Bank of India, in exercise of the powers conferred on it under the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007, has cancelled the Certificate of Authorisation (CoA) of the below mentioned Payment System Operator (PSO) on account of voluntary surrender of authorization.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
UP Govt launches Mukhyamantri Krishak Durghatna Kalyan Yojana
- Uttar Pradesh Government has launched Mukhyamantri Krishak Durghatna Kalyan Yojana which will provide financial assistance to family of farmers who die or become handicapped while working in fields.
- Government has also decided to implement Mukhyamantri Paryatan Samvardhan Yojana to boost tourism in state.
- Under the ‘Mukhyamantri Krishak Durghatna Kalyan Yojana, if a farmer or any member of his family dies while working in a field then they will be given financial assistance of five lakh rupees. For the first time, the scheme will also include the Bataidars, who work in the field of other persons and share the crop after it is harvested.
- The scheme will cover farmers and their family members in the age group of 18-70 years and will be implemented from 14th September last year.
- Talking about another ambitious scheme of government, Mr Sharma stated that under Mukhyamantri Paryatan Samvardhan Yojana one tourist point will be developed with a fund of 50 lakh rupees in each and every assembly segment of the state.
Recent news related to Uttar Pradesh:
- India’s first university for transgender community will be opened in Fazilnagar block of Kushinagar district in Uttar Pradesh
- FM transmitters to be set up in Sashastra Seema Bal premises
- Intensified Mission Indra Dhanush 2.0 begins
- UP launches Filaria Campaign
- Etawah Lion Safari inaugurated in Uttar Pradesh
44 underprivileged children to get their 1st flight experience
- In a first, 44 Divyang children from Odisha will experience the joy of flying aboard in a special Alliance Air flight from Biju Patnaik International Airport in Bhubaneswar .
- The special flight will take off at 9.30 A.M. and return after a 40-minute tour.
- The initiative is a result of joint collaboration of Ministry of Civil Aviation, Airport Authority of India and Alliance Air with Government of Odisha.
- The children including 21 girls and 23 boys hailing from poor families will get this opportunity. The Airport Authority of India has waived all the cost of flying and Odisha Government has extended full support to this initiative.
About Odisha :
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
- National Park : Bhitarkanika NP, Sanjay National Park, Simlipal National Park
Maharashtra government to make Marathi mandatory in all schools
- The Maharashtra government will enact a law during the next Assembly session, making it mandatory to teach Marathi language in all schools in the state irrespective of mediums of instructions,
- Desai, a Shiv Sena leader who is also the Marathi Language Minister, stated the draftbill in this connection is being prepared.
- He made the comment during an interaction organised by the ‘Mumbai Marathi Patrakar Sangh’. The next session of the Assembly will be held in February.
- The government will frame a law in next month’s Assembly session, making it mandatory to teach Marathi language from Class 1 to Class 10 in all schools irrespective of media of all instructions.
About Maharashtra :
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Capital: Mumbai
Hyderabad Metro Rail, redBus tie up for carpool services in city
- In an effort to strengthen its last mile connectivity project, Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited launched a car and bike pooling service in collaboration with
- This facility would be provided through rPool, an in-app ride-sharing service from redBus.
- Car pooling and bike pooling is an ideal solution to reduce congestion by sharing vehicles. It allows office-goers to avail and offer rides in their personal cars,bikes while commuting between home and their workplace. This concept would help the creation of sustainable and eco-friendly solutions for the burgeoning traffic problems in the city
- Dedicated space has been offered for rPool to set up kiosks for customer service, along with parking facilities for ride-givers through the app. In addition to this, rPool’s customer service executives posted at the stations will provide 1,000 metro smart cards to its customers.
Visually impaired cricketers to get exclusive sports ground in Bengaluru
- Visually impaired cricketers are likely to get a dedicated sports training complex that will enable them to develop into professional players, the Cricket Association for the Blind in India (CABI).
- CABI has approached the Karnataka government with a request to allot 25 acres of land to set up a sports complex with a training ground, gymnasium and swimming pool, and has received a positive response, Mahantesh G K, President, CABI and head of Samarthanam Trust for the Disabled, told media persons in Bengaluru
- The entire facility will be sensitive to the needs of people with visual and other disabilities so that everyone can come and practice their respective sports.
CABI has been striving to develop cricket on a large scale among visually impaired people by identifying and encouraging school students, and adults.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
President of India Presents 14th Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, presented the 14th Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards at a ceremony held in New Delhi.
- Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards honour those journalists from print, broadcast and digital media who have maintained the highest standards of their profession and, despite immense challenges, produced work that sustains public trust in the media and impacts the lives of people.
- The awards are meant to felicitate those who hold their pen for truth.
Priya Prakash wins Cisco Youth Leadership Award 2019
- Priya Prakash, the founder and CEO of India based HealthSetGo, has won the Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award for 2019 for her school health program that aims at providing 360 degree healthcare support to children.
- The prestigious award honours an individual aged 18 – 30 who is bringing about a positive change in the world by solving some of its biggest global challenges.
- The award includes a US $250,000 prize paid to the individual’s organisation to which the individual contributes, to further their mission of accelerating global problem solving.
- Prakash’s HealthSetGo is a healthcare organisation that supports the UN’s global sustainable development goals and is dedicated to improving the health and lives of children.
Sparsh Ganga initiative’ wins Champions of Change Award
- Environmentalist and social activist Arushi Nishank was honoured with the Champions of Change Award 2019 for her initiative towards cleaning and saving river Ganga, the Sparsh Ganga initiative. The second edition of the Champions of Change Award was held at Vigyan Bhawan (January 20).
- The award is given under the transformation of Aspirational District Program announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in January last year.
- The program identifies the progress of 115 ‘aspirational’ districts whose development is being monitored by NITI Aayog.
- Comprising a certificate and a gold medal, the award is given in four categories – Constructive Work in 115 Aspirational districts in India, Application of Education, Healthcare, Science and Technology for Rural development; Outstanding contribution for the Development and Welfare of Women and Children (115 Aspirational districts); Outstanding contribution in Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and International Award for promoting Gandhian values outside India.
- Other recipients of the award were actor Shilpa Shetty and her husband Raj Kundra for Swachh Bharat Abhiyan), actor Suresh Oberoi for Culture and Lok Sabha MP Geeta Koda for Aspirational
- Three persons – Telugu film producer Allu Arvind, Minister of State Finance & Corporate Affairs Anurag Thakur and Deepa Venkat of Swarna Bharat Trust (Andhra Pradesh) – won the award for Social Welfare.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Punit Sood appointed as the Head of RBS India
- RBS India, the technology and operations hub of the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), has appointed Punit Sood as the Head of RBS India.
- Punit was earlier appointed as the Head of Technology India, where he shaped the India Technology business to function as a centre of excellence for RBS.
- Previously,he was serving as the advisor of Cornerstone Venture Partners Fund, a technology-focused global VC (Venture Capital) funds.
- Headquarters- Edinburgh, UK.
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)- Alison Rose.
Former FM Elyes Fakhfakh named PM-designate
- Tunisia’s President Kais Saied has named former Finance Minister Elyes Fakhfakh as Prime Minister-designate.
- After months of negotiations that followed elections last October, parliament dismissed a cabinet list proposed under the leadership of the Islamist-inspired Ennahdha party.
- Ennahdha won more seats than any other party in October’s legislative election, but was still far short of a majority.
- Tunisia is currently run by an outgoing government led by Prime Minister Youssef Chahed.
Andrew Bailey named as Bank of England governor to guide through Brexit
- Britain’s finance minister on named Andrew Bailey, the head of the Financial Conduct Authority regulator, as new governor of the Bank of England to guide it through Brexit.
- The 60-year-old Briton, who was a BoE deputy between 2013 and 2016, will have the heavy task of conducting the country’s monetary policy at the time of its exit from the European Union — promised by new Prime Minister Boris Johnson by January 31 at the latest.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
IIM Kozhikode to host International Conclave on ‘Globalising Indian Thought’
- The Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode (IIM Kozhikode) is hosting an International Conclave on ‘Globalising Indian Thought’ from January 16-18, 2020.
- The three-day Academic conclave to be inaugurated by the Hon’ble Prime Minister, through video conferencing, will witness representations from renowned academicians, public figures and the presentation of more than 100 world-class research papers.
- IIM Kozhikode embraced Globalizing Indian Thought as its institutional mission a decade ago. Over the years, the Institute has fostered and nurtured various elements of Indian ethos in management and leadership.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
France to train Indian flight surgeons for Gaganyaan mission
- France will train Indian flight surgeons to enable them to monitor the health of astronauts selected for the ambitious human space mission
- The two-week training is a critical aspect of the Gaganyaan project that is aimed at sending three Indians to space by
- The flight surgeons, who will be Indian Air Force doctors specialising in aviation medicines and responsible for the health of astronauts before, during and after flight, will be shortlisted soon.
- Those shortlisted will then undergo two weeks training in France. Brigitte Godard, a flight surgeon with the European Space Agency, was in India in July and August last year to start the training of physicians and engineers.
- France has a well-established mechanism for space medicine. It also has the MEDES space clinic, a subsidiary of CNES, where space surgeons undergo training.
- The four shortlisted astronauts — all test pilots from the Indian Air Force — are currently in Russia for an 11-month training programme. India and France share robust ties in the area of space.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Jharkhand’s Jharia most polluted city, Delhi reduces air pollution marginally: Greenpeace report
- The coal-belching town of Jharia in Jharkhand continues to be the most polluted city in India, while Delhi has made marginal improvement in reducing its air pollution level, according to a Greenpeace India.
- Jharkhand’s Dhanbad, known for its rich coal reserves and industries, is the second-most polluted city in India
- Lunglei in Mizoram is the least polluted city in the country.
- Delhi is the 10th-most polluted city in India, according to the report.
- Six of the top-10 polluted cities are in Uttar Pradesh — Noida, Ghaziabad, Bareilly, Allahabad, Moradabad and Firozabad.
About Jharkhand :
- Chief minister: Hemant Soren
- Capital: Ranchi
- Governor : draupadi murmu
India ranks 5th in Carbon Disclosure Project 2019
- India secured 5th spot on the annual Carbon Disclosure Project 2019 report which was published by Global non-profit organization.
- Carbon Disclosure Project, an initiative of the Global Reporting Initiative, is aimed at measuring the carbon reduction activities undertaken by different companies and firms operating in various countries across the globe.
- The report surveys corporate commitments to science-based targets (SBT) and evaluates the climate change risk that they are exposed to.
- In the annual report, the United States of America secured the top spot followed by Japan, United Kindom and India secured the 5th spot on the project report.
Gujarat replaces West Bengal as top governing state in 2019, says study
- Gujarat replaced West Bengal as the top governed state in the 2019 Skoch rankings.
- While there are 22 parameters that go into the overall ranking, health and cleanliness dominated the good governance initiatives across the country in 2019, says the report.
- Poll-bound Delhi was at the 19th place, lower than 15th spot it occupied in the previous two years. Delhi is ranked fifth on the parameter of health, one of its main claims of governance
Hyderabad ranks 14th globally in housing price appreciation: Knight Frank
- Hyderabad has ranked 14th among 150 cities in the Knight Frank’s Global Residential Cities Index Q3 2019, with an appreciation of 9% in residential prices on a YoY basis in the third quarter of 2019 calendar year.
- Among other Indian cities that have seen appreciation in home prices, New Delhi and Bengaluru stood at 70th and 94th ranks,
- Budapest leads the index, with the highest annual growth rate of 24%, followed by Xi’an and Wuhan in China at 15.9% and 14.9 per cent, respectively.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Indian shooters Divyansh Singh Pawar, Apurvi Chandela Clinch Gold in Meyton Cup
- Indian shooters Divyansh Singh Pawar and Apurvi Chandela have clinched a gold medal each in Meyton Cup in Innsbruck, Austria.
- The Meyton Cup is a private tournament where shooters go on their own to participate to gain experience before international events.
- While Divyansh won the gold in the men’s 10m air rifle event with an effort of 249.7, Auprvi bagged the yellow metal in the 10m air rifle women’s category with a 251.4.
- Deepak Kumar and Anjum Moudgil also a bagged bronze medal each in men’s and women’s 10m air rifle events respectively. Deepak shot 228 en route the bronze, while Anjum’s effort of 229 also fetched her a podium finish.
Celebrated wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt and Paralympian Deepa Malik inducted in AlCS
- Celebrated wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt and Paralympian Deepa Malik are among the new inductees in the government’s All India Council of Sports (AICS).
- It is an advisory body to the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports which was formed in 2015 by the then Sports Minister Sarbananda Sonowal.
- Its term has also been extended by three years and it will continue to be led by veteran sports administrator V K Malhotra as President.
- Some other renowned new entrants in the Council are former shooter Anjali Bhagwat, footballer Renedy Singh, and mountaineer Bachendri Pal. Senior India off-spinner Harbhajan Singh has also been inducted in the council.
Sachin Tendulkar, Courtney Walsh to coach Aussie bushfire relief match
- Cricket legends Sachin Tendulkar and Courtney Walsh will coach star-studded teams in a charity match to raise funds for victims of Australia’s bushfires, organisers.
- The former Test captains are the latest players to come out of retirement for the appeal, joining Aussie greats Adam Gilchrist, Brett Lee, Michael Clarke and Shane Watson.
- India’s Tendulkar and Windies fast bowler Walsh will coach teams skippered by Shane Warne and Ricky Ponting respectively. Steve Waugh and Australian coach Justin Langer will also have non-playing roles.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ORBITUARY
Former India Test batsman Man Mohan Sood passes away
- Former Test batsman and National selector Man Mohan Sood passed away . He was 80.
- A batsman with a flair to play strokes, Sood made his first class debut against Services at Ferozeshah Kotla in 1957 and played his final Ranji Trophy match against Jammu and Kashmir at Srinagar in 1964
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
Hariharan Balagopal’s Book ‘The Gateway’ A Social Commentary on Safety of Senior Citizens
- The Gateway’ by Hariharan Balagopal draws attention to the plight of senior citizens who are susceptible to a multitude of crimes against them – ranging from petty robberies to murders.
- Within the bracket are several other crimes committed against the elderly, often undetected and unreported, like ill-treatment, rape, deliberate neglect, and physical harm by own kin. Bonding over food and drinks is one of Delhi’s essential characteristics, and ‘The Gateway’ employs it effectively for a cause.
Human Dignity – A purpose in perpetuity, Ashwani Kumar’s latest book, launched by Manmohan Singh
- The launch of former Union minister Ashwini Kumar’s book ‘Human Dignity — A purpose in perpetuity’ , Singh stated institutions of “our liberal and libertarian democracy” have been put to test on several occasions when fundamental freedoms were threatened.
- The book was published by US(United States) based publisher
- The books portrays the author’s view on issues related to freedom, dignity and justice faced in society.
- Former Vice-President Hamid Ansari also took part on this occasion.
DAILY CA- 21st JAN
- PM Modi, Nepali PM KP Sharma Oli to inaugurate ICP Biratnagar
- 50th Annual Meeting of World Economic Forum begins in Davos
- Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina to launch e-passport distribution in Dhaka
- Rs 70,000 crore loan amount has been disbursed till Jan 13 under MSMEs scheme: Govt
- West Bengal emerges at the top in vegetable production
- BEL commissions real time train info system for Railways
- India among top 10 FDI recipients, attracts $49 billion inflows in 2019: UN report
- Zomato acquires UberEats India for nearly Rs 2,500 crore in all-stock deal
- Magh Bihu celebrated in Assam
- Haryana Assembly passes motion to ratify 126th Constitutional Amendment
- Nripendra Misra appointed as Chairman of Nehru Memorial Museum & Library
- Lt Gen SK Saini Appointed As India’s Vice Chief Of Army Staff
- IAS officers Rajeev Singh Thakur, Shantanu appointed joint secretaries in military affairs dept
- Sanjiv Chadha appointed as CEO of Bank of Baroda; Atanu Kumar Das to head Bank of India
- IMF cuts India’s growth rate for 2019-20 to 8%, projects 5.8% growth in next fiscal
- ECI’s cVIGIL and Voter Helpline App get ‘Award of Excellence’
- Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw fourth Indian to receive highest Australian civilian honour
- Champion of Change Award’ conferred on Jharkhand CM Hemant Soren
- First edition of Krishi Manthan begins in Ahmedabad
- Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises Minister Inaugurates ELECRAMA 2020
- IILF to be held in Chennai from January 31 to February 3
- IAF inducts its first squadron of Sukhoi-30 MKI aircraft equipped with BrahMos missiles
- SpaceX launches, destroys rocket in astronaut escape test
- Book on jurist Nani A Palkhivala ‘Essays and Reminiscences’ released
- V. Raman’s The Winning Sixer launched
- ICC ODI rankings: Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma consolidate top batting positions; Bumrah tops bowling chart
- Veteran Congress leader Shamsher Surjewala passes away
DAILY CA- 22nd JAN
- Centre for tougher law against sexual harassment at work
- PM Modi to chair 32nd interaction through PRAGATI platform
- Procurement of defence equipment worth over Rs 5,000 cr approved to promote indigenization
- Govt sets up National Startup Advisory Council
- Brazil President Bolsonaro to be chief guest at 71st Republic Day
- Global unemployment projected to rise by around 5 million in 2020: UN report
- Vodafone m-pesa’s certificate of authorisation cancelled by RBI
- UP Govt launches Mukhyamantri Krishak Durghatna Kalyan Yojana
- 44 underprivileged children to get their 1st flight experience
- Maharashtra government to make Marathi mandatory in all schools
- Hyderabad Metro Rail, redBus tie up for carpool services in city
- Visually impaired cricketers to get exclusive sports ground in Bengaluru
- President of India Presents 14th Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards
- Priya Prakash wins Cisco Youth Leadership Award 2019
- Sparsh Ganga initiative’ wins Champions of Change Award
- Punit Sood appointed as the Head of RBS India
- Former FM Elyes Fakhfakh named PM-designate
- Andrew Bailey named as Bank of England governor to guide through Brexit
- IIM Kozhikode to host International Conclave on ‘Globalising Indian Thought’
- France to train Indian flight surgeons for Gaganyaan mission
- Jharkhand’s Jharia most polluted city, Delhi reduces air pollution marginally: Greenpeace report
- India ranks 5th in Carbon Disclosure Project 2019
- Gujarat replaces West Bengal as top governing state in 2019, says study
- Hyderabad ranks 14th globally in housing price appreciation: Knight Frank
- Indian shooters Divyansh Singh Pawar, Apurvi Chandela Clinch Gold in Meyton Cup
- Celebrated wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt and Paralympian Deepa Malik inducted in AlCS
- Sachin Tendulkar, Courtney Walsh to coach Aussie bushfire relief match
- Former India Test batsman Man Mohan Sood passes away
- Hariharan Balagopal’s Book ‘The Gateway’ A Social Commentary on Safety of Senior Citizens
- Human Dignity – A purpose in perpetuity, Ashwani Kumar’s latest book, launched by Manmohan Singh