Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Cabinet approves over Rs 4300 cr to establish permanent campuses for new NITs
- Union Cabinet on approved to Revised Cost Estimates for establishment of permanent campuses of new National Institutes of Technology, NITs, at a total cost of 90 crore rupees for the period till 2021-2022.
- NITs were established in the year 2009 and started functioning from academic year 2010-2011 in their temporary campus with very limited space and infrastructure. These NITs will be fully functional from their permanent campuses by 31st March, 2022.
- It also approved the extension of tenure of the Commission constituted under Article 340 of the Constitution, to examine the issue of sub-categorization within Other Backward Classes in the Central List.
- Briefing media in New Delhi , Union Minister Prakash Javadekar stated, the tenure has been extended by six months till 31st July, 2020.
- Cabinet has also granted approval to addition of Term of Reference to the existing ToR of the Commission which include studying various Entries in the Central List of OBCs and recommending correction of any repetitions, ambiguities, inconsistencies and errors of spelling or tranion.
- Mr Javadekar stated, Daman will be the capital of newly carved out Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu.
Nation pays homage to Subhas Chandra Bose on his 123rd birth anniversary
- Nation pays homage to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on his 123rd birth anniversary on 23rd january. A number of functions have been organised across the country to mark the occasion. In West Bengal, Governor Jaghdeep Dhankhar will pay floral tribute at the statue of Netaji in
- Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee will pay homage at a function in Darjeeling.
- State Government is organizing Subhash Utsav in each Blocks of the state. People from all works of life are visiting the house of Netaji in South Kolkata since early morning to pay their homage to the great hero of the freedom movement. Netaji Research Bureau has also organized programmes in Kolkata on the occasion.
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu paid tributes to Netaji on his birth anniversary.
Cabinet gives approval to EC to enter into MoU with Election Commissions of Tunisia and Papua New Guinea
- The Cabinet gave approval to Election Commission of India to enter into MoU with the Independent High Authority for Elections of Tunisia and the Papua New Guinea Electoral Commission for elections for cooperation in the field of electoral management and administration.
- The Cabinet also gave its nod for the four agreements between India and Brazil in the field of oil and natural gas, Geology and Mineral Resources, mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters and cooperation in the field of early childhood care.
About Tunisia :
- Capital: Tunis
- Currency: Tunisian dinar
- President: Kais Saied
About papua new guinea :
- Capital: Port Moresby
- Currency: Papua New Guinean kina
- Prime Minister :James Marape
Cabinet committee approves the closure of Hindustan Fluorocarbons plant in Telangana
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, CCEA approved shutting down the operations of the plant and unit of Hindustan Fluorocarbons Limited, HFL and closure of the company.
- HFL is a Central Public Sector Enterprise under Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals. HFL has only one plant located at Rudraram, District Sangareddy in Telangana.
- Government granted a interest free loan of over 77 crore rupees to HFL for expenditure exclusively on closure.
SAIL launches scheme for employee-led philanthropic activities
- Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Steel Dharmendra Pradhan launched a scheme by SAIL for Voluntary Philanthropist Activities (VPA) by its employees.
- The scheme called “SAIL Employee Rendering Voluntarism and Initiatives for Community Engagement (SERVICE)” will promote and facilitate philanthropist activities by the employees in a structured manner. A portal for the employees to register for the scheme was also launched.
- The dedicated interactive “SAIL SERVICE” portal for implementation of this scheme shall act as a platform for enabling faster interaction and communication amongst the various stakeholders. It shall eventually be developed as a repository of knowledge management in this regard.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- CEO: Anil Kumar Chaudhary
- Founded: 19 January 1954
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
UK Parliament ratifies Brexit divorce law
- After years of acrimonious debate, British lawmakers finally approved the terms of their country’s historic departure from the European Union. MPs in the lower House of Commons had already backed the EU Withdrawal Agreement Bill, which ratifies the divorce deal that Prime Minister Boris Johnson struck with Brussels last year.
- But the unelected upper House of Lords made some changes this week, including on the rights of EU citizens and child refugees after
- In a series of votes, the Commons — where Johnson’s Conservatives have a large majority — rejected all five amendments and sent the bill back to the Lords, who then reluctantly agreed to back down.
- The Bill is now awaiting royal assent by Queen Elizabeth II for its formal ratification, paving the way for Britain to leave the EU on January 31.
- The European Parliament still has to back the deal in a vote but its approval in London is a historic moment, as Britain edges closer to becoming the first country to leave the 28-member EU.
Aurobindo Ashram School building constructed with India’s assistance inaugurated in Nepal
- The Charge d’ Affairs of Embassy of India in Nepal, Dr. Ajay Kumar ceremonially inaugurated new building of Aurobindo Ashram School in Thankot, Kathmandu . Director General, Department of Urban Development and Building Construction of Nepal, Mani Ram Gelal along with political and community leaders also attended the programme.
- The new infrastructure is constructed with the Government of India’s grant assistance of 25 million Nepali rupees. The three story building comprises eleven class rooms, three labs, four store rooms, two staff rooms. Besides rooms for accounts, administration, record, library and principal, it also has examination and multi-purpose hall.
- The newly built infrastructure is expected to boost learning environment of the students. Government of India is happy to be associated with the project which compliments effort of Government of Nepal in augmenting infrastructure in the field of education.
About Nepal :
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Currency: Nepalese rupee
- Prime minister : KP Sharma Oli
WHO meeting underway to decide about declaring corona virus outbreak “An emergency”
- A meeting of the World Health Organisation is now in progress in Geneva to consider declaring outbreak of corona virus in China, an emergency. The UN body will decide if the outbreak is a matter of international concern.
- The meeting is important because the WHO thinks immediate and coordinated international action may be needed to contain the virus infection. If the outbreak is declared an emergency, the UN body may advise countries to take tighter quarantine measures.
- In China, 9 people have died of corona virus infection and the infection has spread to several cities including Wuhan, Beijing and
- The virus causes illnesses ranging from common cold to acute respiratory syndromes. A total of 440 cases of pneumonia caused by the virus has been reported in China, Thailand, Japan and South Korea.
- India has already issued a travel warning. Several countries have also started screening travellers from China to detect symptoms of syndromes.
Recent news related to WHO:
- Tuberculosis: India renames its programme; WHO endorses India developed tech-TrueNAt MTB
- WHO releases Global Health Challenges for 2020
- In the honor of 200th birth anniversary of Florence Nightingale, the World Health Organization designated the year 2020 as the “Year of Nurse and Midwives”
- IIT-H fellow launches Vaccination On Wheels in collaboration with Gates Foundation
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Government approves model pact with foreign countries for seafarers’ competency certificate
- The government stated it has approved a model pact with foreign countries for recognition of seafarers’ competency certificates.
- The decision was taken at a meeting of the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- This will pave the way for mutual recognition of maritime education and training of seafarers by the countries involved.
- The proposed bilateral MoU will enable India and another country with which such an MoU may be entered, to mutually recognise maritime education and training, certificates of competency, endorsements, documentary evidence of training and medical fitness certificates, issued to the seafarers who are citizens of respective countries the Shipping Ministry stated in a statement.
ICICI Bank Introduces Cardless Cash Withdrawal Facility Through ATMs, Per Day Limit at Rs 20K
- ICICI Bank launched cardless cash withdrawal facility from its ATMs with a per day transaction limit of Rs 20,000.
- This service enables customers to withdraw cash from over 15,000 ATMs of the bank by simply raising a request on iMobile, its mobile banking application.”It is a simple and convenient way to withdraw cash without using a debit card.
- The service can be used for self-withdrawal when customers do not wish to carry the debit card.
- The bank’s consolidated total assets stood at Rs 12,88,190 crore at September 30, 2019. It is present across 15 countries.
- CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founder: Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India
- Tagline :Hum hai na/Khayal Apka
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Japan’s NTT to invest Rs 11,000 crore in data centres in India
- Japanese tech major NTT stated a significant part of its USD 7 billion global commitment for data centres business would be spent in India over the next four years.
- The company also feels that there will be margin compression issues for the data centres business in India as capacity supply goes up along with an increase in competition, NTT’s country chief executive for global data centres and cloud infrastructure, Sharad Sanghi.
- In the last few months, a string of corporates, including the Adani Group, Hiranandanis and Reliance Industries have announced investments in data centres, on the back of regulatory moves like data sovereignty which makes it incumbent upon financial institutions to house their data locally.
- India is the fastest-growing region for NTT and a substantial amount of the USD 7 billion commitment will be invested.
About Japan :
- Prime minister: shinzo abe
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese yen
GDP to grow at 5.5 per cent in FY21: India Ratings
- India’s GDP is expected to grow at 5 per cent in FY21 as against the estimated 5 per cent in FY20, according to India Ratings and Research.
- The anticipated rise will be on the back of strong policy push coupled with demand revival, adding that though some improvement is likely next fiscal, risk are going to persist.
- Stating that the slowdown was due to a combination of factors including an abrupt and significant fall in NBFCs’ and bank lending, reduced income growth and savings of households and rising debt.
- A strong policy push coupled with some heavy lifting (even if this requires using the escape clause as suggested by the FRBM Review Committee headed by N K Singh) by the government is required to revive the domestic demand cycle and catapult the economy back into a high growth phase stated Sunil Sinha, economist, India Ratings.
- The shortfall in revenue collections could prompt fiscal deficit to slip to 6 per cent of GDP in FY20, even after accounting for the surplus transferred by RBI. According to the ratings firm, a continuance of low GDP growth even in FY21 means subdued tax revenue and limited room for stepping up expenditure.
PhonePe launches digital ATM, users can withdraw cash from merchant shops
- As digital payment platforms thrive, Walmart-owned PhonePe has now launched its own Automated Teller Machine (ATM), a first of its kind service in India.
- The service launched on a pilot basis in Delhi NCR will enable people to get cash from merchant partners through transactions with their mobile devices. The company said that the service will enable neighbourhood stores to act as ATMs for PhonePe users.
- The PhonePe ATM allows customers to withdraw cash without any hassle through our trusted merchant partners. It also helps merchants avoid the hassle of storing cash and making multiple trips to the bank branch to deposit their extra cash,
- With this new launch, PhonePe, which competes with Paytm, Amazon Pay and Google Pay, it is promoting a service that solves a real consumer problem. Now, a customer in need of cash can simply open the PhonePe app, go to the store tab and click on the PhonePe ATM icon to locate nearby shops offering this facility.
- Once they reach the nearest shop, customers just need to click on the withdraw button and transfer the required amount to the merchant via the PhonePe app. Once the amount is transferred, the merchant will give the customer the cash equal to the amount transferred.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Maharashtra government makes it compulsory for school students to read the Preamble to Constitution
- The Maharashtra government ordered that school students across the state must recite the Preamble to the Indian Constitution, during their morning assemblies.
- Reading out the Preamble is part of the “sovereignty of Constitution, welfare of all”
- Students will recite the Preamble to the Constitution every day after morning prayers so that they understand its importance. It is an old government resolution, but we will implement it from January 26.
- Capital City- Mumbai
- Chief Minister- Uddhav Thackeray
- Governor- Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Uttarakhand becomes first state to implement agricultural land leasing policy
- Uttarakhand has become the first state in the country where the government has made a policy to lease agricultural land.
- Under this leasing policy, instead of giving land on a 30-year lease, the concerned farmer will get the rent for the land.
- In the hilly areas of the state, the obstacles of leasing land for farming, agriculture, horticulture, herbs, off-season vegetables, milk production, tea plantation, fruit hybridization and solar energy has been removed with this step.
- Now any institution, company, firm or NGO can take farm land on lease in villages, leasing a maximum of 30 acres of land on lease for 30 years.
- The state government has made this policy in the wake of difficulties in the consolidation of land.
- Capital City- Dehradun
- Chief Minister- Trivendra Singh Rawat
- Governor- Baby Rani Maurya
Jaipur Literature Festival to begin .
- Jaipur Literature Festival will begin with about 500 speakers of different fields are participating in the festival, which is currently in its 13th year. The five-day event will see more than 200 sessions and will be attended by 500 speakers from 20 countries.
- Out of them, 120 are award-winning speakers. The festival will have a range of speakers including Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee, Booker award-winning British novelist Howard Jacobson and Auther Elizabeth Gilbert.
- 37 sessions will be held the first day , which includes speakers such as Nandita Das, Subha Mudgal, Prasoon Joshi, and others.
- The broad themes of the festival this time include climate, constitution, poetry, and artificial intelligence Police has made special arrangements of security and traffic around the venue of the festival and walled city.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ACQUISITION AND MERGERS
Adani Capital acquires Essel Finance’s MSME loan business
- Adani Capital Pvt Ltd, the NBFC arm of the Adani Group, has acquired Essel Finance’s MSME loan business.
- Adani Capital stated it has a loan book of approximately Rs 145 crore. As of December 31, 2019 the overall lending book of NBFC and the housing finance business was Rs 1,100 crore, with the latter contributing Rs 150 crore.
- The gross NPAs as of December 31, 2019 stood at just Rs 2.4 crore, it added.
- Adani Capital is a 100 per cent subsidiary of Adani Finserve Private Limited, the holding company of Adani Group’s financial services business.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Ekaterini Sakellaropoulou elected first woman president of Greece
- Greece’s parliament elected the first woman president in the country’s history, a senior judge with an expertise in environmental and constitutional law.
- A cross-party majority of 261 MPs voted in favour of 63-year-old Ekaterini Sakellaropoulou, parliament chief Costas Tassoulas
- Ekaterini Sakellaropoulou has been elected president of the republic.
- The new president, until now the head of Greece’s top administrative court, the Council of State, will take her oath of office on March 13.
About Greece :
- President: Prokopis Pavlopoulos
- Capital: Athens
- Currency: Euro
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
National Bravery Awards: 49 children receive Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2020
- President Ram Nath Kovind conferred the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2020 to 49 children at the Rashtrapati Bhawan, New Delhi.
- The Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar are given under the revamped award scheme of the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India.
- Eleven-year-old Aparna Chandrasekaran was awarded the Pradhan Mantri Bal Shakti Puraskar 2020 for her achievement in the innovation category.
- She also represented India at ASEAN INDIA PUSPITEK INNOVATION FESTIVAL held in Indonesia where she was conferred the Young Innovator Award at Jakarta.
- The Bal Shakti Puraskar is given by the Government of India every year to recognize exceptional achievements of children in various fields i.e., innovation, scholastic achievements, social service, arts & culture, sports, and bravery.
- Bal Shakti Puraskar carries a medal, a cash prize of Rs 1, 00, 000, one tablet, a certificate, and a citation. These children will participate in the Republic Day parade on 26.1.2020.
- The awardees were chosen by the National Selection Committee under the Chairpersonship of Smriti Irani, Minister of Women and Child Development.
TNAU V-C gets Harit Ratna Award
- N Kumar, Vice-Chancellor of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, has been conferred ‘Harit Ratna Award 2019’ by the All India Agricultural Students Association for dissemination of ₹30-crore entrepreneurship project in agri-business and for motivating students to the agriculture sector in the State.
The award was conferred at the 5th National Youth Convention at Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya in Raipur recently.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurates India’s first global Mega Science Exhibition “Vigyan Samagam” in Delhi
- India’s first global Mega Science Exhibition “Vigyan Samagam” at National Science Centre,
- Exhibitions should be organised with focus on educating the young students, so that they can choose science as a career in future.
- Three-tier teams should be set up for scientific research involving older and younger generations, so that continuity can be maintained in research work.
- This is fourth such exhibition after bring organised at Mumbai, Bengaluru and Kolkata.
Ravi Shankar Prasad to inaugurate second edition of NIC Tech Conclave-2020
- Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad will inaugurate the second edition of NIC Tech Conclave-2020 in New Delhi.
- The two-day event is being organized by the National Informatics Centre.
- This Conclave will contribute immensely to the capacity building of Government officers across the country and help in delivering high-quality citizen-centric services.
- This year’s theme is Technologies for Next-Gen Governance.
- Experts from the IT industry in the areas of Cyber Security, Hyperscale Architecture, Design Thinking attended the conclave ,which will help in delivering high-quality citizen-centric services.
About Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Union Minister– Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Constituency- Patna Sahib, Bihar
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Bangladesh moves 8 positions up in EIU Democracy Index,Norway tops the list
- Bangladesh has improved its ranking by 8 points in the EIU Democracy Index released . The country has been ranked at 80th position with an overall score of 5.88 on a scale of 10 this year compared to 88th position in 2018Norway is at the top with an overall score of 9.71 while North Korea is at the bottom of the index.
- Overall, 2019 marked the worst year of global democracy score since 2006 when the rankings were first published.
- However, Bangladesh continues to be placed in the category of hybrid democracies. According to the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) methodology hybrid regimes are marked by substantial electoral irregularities and government pressure on opposition parties.
- The EIU Democracy Index provides ranking for the state of democracy worldwide in 165 independent states and two territories.The Index measures score under five sub-categories namely electoral process and pluralism, functioning of government; political participation, political culture; and civil liberties.
- According to The Economist Intelligence Unit’s measure of democracy, almost one-half of the world’s population live in a democracy of some sort, although only 5.7% reside in a full democracy.More than one-third of the world’s population live under authoritarian rule, with a large share being in China.
About Bangladesh :
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
Indian Navy signs MoU with GSI for sharing offshore data, products
- The Indian Navy has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Geological Survey of India (GSI) for sharing seabed sediments data, products and expertise regarding naval application in meteorology and oceanography.
- The GSI’s marine and coastal survey division, based at Mangaluru, has mapped most of India’s 2.1 million square kilometre of “exclusive economic zone” and has a vast repository of offshore data.
- This data collected using GSI’s state-of-the-art oceanic research vessels, will now be used by the Indian Navy’s rapidly growing blue water fleet for reliable and accurate oceanographic modelling to support their expansive maritime operations in theIndian Ocean region.
About Indian Navy
- Headquarter– New Delhi
- Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS)– Admiral Karambir Singh
About Geological Survey of India GSI
- Founded– 1851
- Headquarter– Kolkata
CURRENT AFFAIRS : SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
ISRO to send robot ‘Vyomamitra’ in unmanned Gaganyaan spacecraft ahead of human spaceflight
- Even before orbiting astronauts on India’s first manned mission to the space in December 2021, the Indian Space Research Organisation will send ‘Vyomamitra’, a ‘lady robot’, in unmanned Gaganyaan spacecraft.
- The robot was the centre of attraction at the inaugural session of the “Human Spaceflight and Exploration – Present Challenges and Future Trends” in Bengaluru
- Vyomamitra, a combination of two Sanskrit words Vyoma (Space) and Mitra (Friend), took everyone by surprise when she introduced herself to the audience gathered there.
- ISRO chairman K Sivan stated reporters the humanoid will simulate human functions in space and also interact with the environment control life support system.It will be simulating exactly the human functions there (in space). It will check whether the system is right. This will be very useful to simulate, as if a human is flying.
- Earlier, addressing the inaugural function, Sivan stated ahead of the launch of India’s maiden human spaceflight venture ‘Gaganyaan’ in December 2021, ISRO will undertake two unmanned missions in December 2020 and June 2021.
Recent news related to ISRO:
- ISRO to launch GSAT-30 satellite
- IDRSS: ISRO new satellite to help Gaganyaan crew
- ISRO launches Massive Human Space Flight Centre in Challakere, Karnataka
- Project NETRA: ISRO Signs pact to set up optical Telescope
- Duchifat 3: Satellite built by Israeli school students to be launched by ISRO’s PSLV C48
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Avadi Ordnance Factory doubles the manufacturing capacity of Battle Tanks for Indian army
- The engine manufacturing capacity for the battle tanks in the Indian Ordnance Board’s Engines Factory near Chennai has been more than doubled to 750 per annum.
- It was earlier fixed at 350 engines per year.
- The FMS is expected to more than double the engine production capacity of the plant to 750 per annum, from the earlier capacity of 350 engines per year, to meet the increasing demand of the Indian Army.
- This makes EFA, the first Ordnance Factory in the country to have FMS system for increasing productivity.
- The Engine Factory at Avadi is the only unit in the country dedicated to manufacturing fully indigenized engines for the Army’s Main Battle Tanks.
DAILY CA – 22nd JAN
- Centre for tougher law against sexual harassment at work
- PM Modi to chair 32nd interaction through PRAGATI platform
- Procurement of defence equipment worth over Rs 5,100 cr approved to promote indigenization
- Govt sets up National Startup Advisory Council
- Brazil President Bolsonaro to be chief guest at 71st Republic Day
- Global unemployment projected to rise by around 2.5 million in 2020: UN report
- Vodafone m-pesa’s certificate of authorisation cancelled by RBI
- UP Govt launches Mukhyamantri Krishak Durghatna Kalyan Yojana
- 44 underprivileged children to get their 1st flight experience
- Maharashtra government to make Marathi mandatory in all schools
- Hyderabad Metro Rail, redBus tie up for carpool services in city
- Visually impaired cricketers to get exclusive sports ground in Bengaluru
- President of India Presents 14th Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards
- Priya Prakash wins Cisco Youth Leadership Award 2019
- Sparsh Ganga initiative’ wins Champions of Change Award
- Punit Sood appointed as the Head of RBS India
- Former FM Elyes Fakhfakh named PM-designate
- Andrew Bailey named as Bank of England governor to guide through Brexit
- IIM Kozhikode to host International Conclave on ‘Globalising Indian Thought’
- France to train Indian flight surgeons for Gaganyaan mission
- Jharkhand’s Jharia most polluted city, Delhi reduces air pollution marginally: Greenpeace report
- India ranks 5th in Carbon Disclosure Project 2019
- Gujarat replaces West Bengal as top governing state in 2019, says study
- Hyderabad ranks 14th globally in housing price appreciation: Knight Frank
- Indian shooters Divyansh Singh Pawar, Apurvi Chandela Clinch Gold in Meyton Cup
- Celebrated wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt and Paralympian Deepa Malik inducted in AlCS
- Sachin Tendulkar, Courtney Walsh to coach Aussie bushfire relief match
- Former India Test batsman Man Mohan Sood passes away
- Hariharan Balagopal’s Book ‘The Gateway’ A Social Commentary on Safety of Senior Citizens
- Human Dignity – A purpose in perpetuity, Ashwani Kumar’s latest book, launched by Manmohan Singh
DAILY CA – 23rd JAN
- Cabinet approves over Rs 4300 cr to establish permanent campuses for new NITs
- Nation pays homage to Subhas Chandra Bose on his 123rd birth anniversary
- Cabinet gives approval to EC to enter into MoU with Election Commissions of Tunisia and Papua New Guinea
- Cabinet committee approves the closure of Hindustan Fluorocarbons plant in Telangana
- SAIL launches scheme for employee-led philanthropic activities
- UK Parliament ratifies Brexit divorce law
- Aurobindo Ashram School building constructed with India’s assistance inaugurated in Nepal
- WHO meeting underway to decide about declaring corona virus outbreak “An emergency”
- Government approves model pact with foreign countries for seafarers’ competency certificate
- ICICI Bank Introduces Cardless Cash Withdrawal Facility Through ATMs, Per Day Limit at Rs 20K
- Japan’s NTT to invest Rs 11,000 crore in data centres in India
- GDP to grow at 5 per centin FY21: India Ratings
- PhonePe launches digital ATM, users can withdraw cash from merchant shops
- Maharashtra government makes it compulsory for school students to read the Preamble to Constitution
- Uttarakhand becomes first state to implement agricultural land leasing policy
- Jaipur Literature Festival to begin
- Adani Capital acquires Essel Finance’s MSME loan business
- Ekaterini Sakellaropoulou elected first woman president of Greece
- National Bravery Awards: 49 children receive Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2020
- TNAU V-C gets Harit Ratna Award
- Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurates India’s first global Mega Science Exhibition “Vigyan Samagam” in Delhi
- Ravi Shankar Prasad to inaugurate second edition of NIC Tech Conclave-2020
- Bangladesh moves 8 positions up in EIU Democracy Index,Norway tops the list
- Indian Navy signs MoU with GSI for sharing offshore data, products
- ISRO to send robot ‘Vyomamitra’ in unmanned Gaganyaan spacecraft ahead of human spaceflight
- Avadi Ordnance Factory doubles the manufacturing capacity of Battle Tanks for Indian army