Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade
- International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade is a United Nations international observance designated in 2007 to be marked on 25 March every year.
- The day aims to honour and remember those who suffered and died at the hands of the brutal slavery system and also raise awareness about the dangers of racism and prejudice.
- 2020 Theme: “ConfrontingSlavery’s Legacy of Racism Together”
International Day of Solidarity with Detained and Missing Staff Members
- The International Day of Solidarity with Detained and Missing Staff Members is observed annually on 25 March by the United Nations.
- This date is the anniversary of the abduction of Alec Collett, a journalist who died while working for the UN.
- The dayaims to mobilize action, demand justice and strengthen United Nations’ resolve to protect the UN staff and peacekeepers, as well as their colleagues in the non-governmental community and the press.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Govt bans export of anti-malarial drug hydroxycloroquine
- Government banned export of anti-malarial drug hydroxycloroquine and formulations made from it in the wake of COVID-19 outbreak
- It is aimed at ensuring sufficient availability of the medicine in the domestic market. However, export of the medicine will be allowed on humanitarian grounds on case-to-case basis as per the recommendation of Ministry of External Affairs.
- Earlier, Indian Council of Medical Research had recommended the use of hydroxychloroquinefor treating healthcare workers handling suspected or confirmed coronavirus cases and also the asymptomatic household contacts of the lab-confirmed cases.
PM Modi allocates Rs 15,000 Cr for Healthcare Infra to combat Covid-19
- Underlining that health services should be the only priority of state governments at this time, Prime Minister NarendraModi stated the Centre has made a provision of Rs 15,000 crore to strengthen the country’s health infrastructure to tackle coronavirus.
- In his second address to the nation, PM Modi informed that the availability of testing facilities related to COVID-19, personal protective equipment, isolation beds, ICU beds, ventilators and other necessary tools are being increased rapidly.
- The Centre has made a provision of Rs 15,000 crore for strengthening country’s health infrastructure for the treatment of, the prime minister stated.
- Prime Minister Modi stated he has requested the state governments that their only priority at this time should be health services.He also suggested people to stay away from superstitions, rumours and everyone must follow only credible medical advice.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
U.S. Senate, White House agree on $2 trillion Coronavirus rescue plan
- The White House and Senate leaders of both parties announced agreement on unprecedented emergency legislation to rush sweeping aid to businesses, workers and a health care system slammed by the coronavirus pandemic.
- The urgently needed pandemic response measure is the largest economic rescue measure in history and is intended as a weeks- or months-long patch for an economy spiraling into recession and a nation facing a potentially ghastly toll.
- Top White House aide Eric Ueland announced the agreement in a Capitol hallway shortly after midnight, capping days of often intense haggling and mounting pressure. It still needs to be finalized in detailed legislative language.
- The unprecedented economic rescue package would give direct payments to most Americans, expand unemployment benefits and provide a $367 billion program for small businesses to keep making payroll while workers are forced to stay home.
- One of the last issues to close concerned $500 billion for guaranteed, subsidized loans to larger industries, including a fight over how generous to be with the airlines. Hospitals would get significant helpas well.
- Capital: Washington, D.C.
- President: Donald Trump
- Currency: American dollar
US successfully tests hypersonic missile in bid to catch up with China and Russia
- The United States announced it has successfully tested an unarmed prototype of a hypersonic missile, a nuclear-capable weapon that could accelerate the arms race between superpowers.
- The Pentagon stated a test glide vehicle flew at hypersonic speeds – more than five times the speed of sound, or Mach 5 – to a designated impact point.
- The test followed the first joint US Army and Navy flight experiment in October 2017, when the prototype missile demonstrated it could glide in the direction of a target at hypersonic speed.
- Hypersonic weapons can take missile warfare, particularly nuclear warfare, to a new – and, for many, frightening – level.
- They can travel much faster than current nuclear-capable ballistic and cruise missiles at low altitudes, can switch direction in flight and do not follow a predictable arc like conventional missiles, making them much harder to track and intercept.
- Even as conventionally armed, non-nuclear weapons, they are viewed by analysts as raising the danger of conflict, because an adversary might not know how they are armed when launched.
- Moscow claimed to have operable hypersonic weapon in December, while Beijing has displayed its DF-17 hypersonic glide vehicle
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Last date for filing income tax return for FY 2018-19 extended till June 30; Debit card holders allowed to withdraw money from ATM of any bank without charges
- Finance Minister NirmalaSitharaman announced several measures to give relief to the people and business communities by relaxing the compliance and regulatory norms in the wake of corona virus outbreak in the country.
- The Minister announced that last date for filing of income tax return for the financial year 2018-19 has been extended till 30th June of this year. She stated, interest on delayed payment of income tax reduced to 9 per cent from the 12 per cent. She stated, delayed deposit of TDS will attract nine per cent interest.
- Sitharaman stated, PAN-Aadhar linking and Vivad Se Vishwas scheme have also been extended till 30th June. She clarified that no additional payment of 10 per cent would be levied on the people who wants to take benefit of this scheme.
- The Minister has also announced that last date for filling of March, April and May 2020 GST and composition return have also been extended till June
- Government has decided that no interest, penalty and late fees will be imposed on those companies which have turnover less than five crores. The companies which have more than five crore turn over will attract 9 per cent interest without imposition of any late fee and penalty.
- She stated, SabkaSath, SabkaVishwas scheme launched for settling disputes related to indirect taxes has also been extended till June. She stated, custom clearance will remain open 24 X 7. She stated, no additional fees shall be charged for late filing during a moratorium period from 1st April to 30th September of this year.
- She stated, the mandatory requirement for holding meetings of the board of companies shall be extended by a period of 60 days. She stated, government has decided to raise the threshold of default to one crore rupees from the existing threshold of one lakh rupees. She stated, the step will prevent triggering of insolvency proceedings against Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
- In a major relief to people, government has decided that debit card holders can withdraw money from any branch of any banks without paying charge for the next three months. Government has also abolished the minimum balance requirement limit.
SBI commits 0.25% of FY20 annual profit to help fight COVID-19
- The country’s biggest lender State Bank of India stated it will provide 25 per cent of its annual profit for 2019-20 to fight the coronavirus outbreak in India. The announcement came hours after the government notified spending by companies to deal with the coronavirus outbreak as corporate social responsibility (CSR) activity under the companies law.
- The fund used to fight the coronavirus pandemic will be spent from CSR funds, SBI stated in a statement.
- This is in line with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs’ notification of spending CSR funds for COVID-19 as an eligible CSR activity. it stated.
- Companies’ expenditure to deal with the coronavirus outbreak will be considered as CSR activities.
- The bank will use this fund for various activities related to COVID-19 mainly to support health care for underprivileged people in cooperation with healthcare professionals and industry, it stated.
- Earlier in the day, the government stated spending by corporates to deal with the coronavirus outbreak will be considered as CSR activity under the companies law.
- Under the companies law, certain classes of profitable entities have to shell out at least 2 per cent of their three-year annual net profit towards CSR activities in a particular financial year.
- CSR funds could be utilised for various activities related to coronavirus, including those related to preventive healthcare and sanitation, as per the circular
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Managing director: Anshula Kant (Stressed Assets, Risk and Compliance)
- Founded: 1 July 1955
Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code threshold raised to Rs 1 crore to protect MSMEs: Finance Minister
- With the countrywide lockdown expected to hit small and medium businesses the hardest, the government moved to protect them from bankruptcy proceedings.
- It has declared that the minimum threshold for defaults under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) will be raised from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 1 crore.
- Finance Minister NirmalaSitharaman, who made the announcement, also stated that the government will consider suspending Sections 7, 9, 10 of the IBC for six months if the current economic situation continues beyond April. She added that this would help companies being forced into insolvency on default of loans.
- While Section 7 says a financial creditor or creditors can individually or jointly file an application for initiating corporate insolvency resolution process against a corporate debtor, Section 9 says that after 10 days of serving a notice, an operational creditor may initiate the insolvency resolution process.
- The CAIT, while welcoming the measures, stated that repayment of bank loans, EMIs and other banking obligations should be extended up to September 30 and no interest or penalty should be charged on the extended period.
About Insolvency and Bankruptcy:
- Insolvencyis a state of economic distress, whereas bankruptcy is a court order that decides how an insolvent debtor will deal with unpaid obligations. That usually involves selling assets to pay the creditors and erasing debts that can’t be paid.
About Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code:
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 is the bankruptcy law of India which seeks to consolidate the existing framework by creating a single law for insolvency and bankruptcy. The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2015 was introduced in LokSabha in December 2015.
- Bill introduced in the LokSabha: The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
- Introduced by: ArunJaitley
- Commenced: 28 May 2016
Jana SFB launches UPI QR-based loan instalment payment facility
- Jana Small Finance Bank, along with National Payment Corporation of India, has launched a UPI QR-based loan installmentpayment facility for its customers. The move comes at a time when banks are advising their customers to operate maximum banking services from the safe confines of their home.
- However, Ajay Kanwal, Managing Director and CEO, Jana SFB stated that the bank had been working on the facility for some time to introduce a cost efficient and easy means of loan repayment.
- While the facility is currently available for the over 40 lakh Jana SFB customers, the lender plans to offer it to other micro finance agencies too.
- There are about five crore micro finance customers would be paying back about Rs 5000crore of cash on a monthly basis. If we can digitise that it will be a big saving, Kanwal noted
About Jana Small Finance Bank
- Jana Small Finance Bank is a small finance bank that commenced operations on March 28, 2018. The Reserve Bank of India issued a licence to the bank under Section 22 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
- Headquarters location: Bengaluru
- Founded: 2006
- Ceo:Ajay Kanwal
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Rs 100-cr scheme announced to make Delhi tourism brand
- The Delhi government announced aRs 100-crore scheme to introduce the national capital as a tourism brand to domestic and foreign tourists and create news jobs in the sector.
- Under the new scheme “Branding Delhi”, Delhi tourism will be re-branded and the city will be introduced as a tourism brand in the country and abroad to domestic and foreign tourists.
- The AAP government also proposed ”Campaign for Communal Harmony” in the wake of the recent violence in northeast Delhi that left 53 dead and over 200 injured.
- Delhi Ki Diwali” will be celebrated this year too. Also, a new festival called “PurvanchalUtsav” is proposed to be celebrated
Scheme for triggering behavioral change launched by Delhi govt
- The Arvind Kejriwal government announced a Rs 20 crore-scheme to trigger behavioral change and make Delhi safer for women.
- The government also proposed “Mukhyamantri Divyangjan Punravas Sewa Yojana”, with an outlay of Rs 10 crore, to provide immediate treatment in cases of accident, stroke or any other ailment, and accident causing permanent or partial disabilities.
- A new scheme ”Behavioural Change for Safety of the Women” is proposed with an outlay of Rs 20 crore in 2020-21 for awareness campaign to trigger behaviour change in the society.
- The government has also set aside Rs 100 crore for the “Jai Bhim Mukhyamntri Pratibha Yojana”, under which ST/OBC/EWS category students get free coaching for competitive examination through 46 empanelled coaching institutes.
- The government also earmarked 150 crore for a new scheme “Mukhyamantri Vidhyarthi Pratibha Yojana”, under which SC/ST/OBC/minority students from class 9 and class 10 with minimum 50 per cent marks in the previous year will be given a scholarship amount of Rs 5,000 per year.
- The students of class 11 and class 12 with minimum 60 percent marks in previous year will be given Rs 10,000 per annum.
- The government allocated Rs 100 crore for its widely-acclaimed “Mukhya Mantri Thirath Yatra” scheme, under which free pilgrimage tours to various places of religious importance are organised for senior citizens.
- Also announced a Rs 10-crore “Delhi Darhshan Yojana” for the elderly to visit various tourist destinations within the city.
- Registered and practicing advocates in Delhi will be given medi claim policy, group insurance policy, e-library and crèche facilities under the Chief Minister Advocate Welfare Fund scheme, for which, Rs 50 crore has been proposed in the Budget 2020-21.
- Chief Minister- Arvind Kejriwal
- Governor- Anil Baijal
38th district to be formed in Tamil Nadu
- In Tamil Nadu, a new district is going to be formed after bifurcating the Nagappattinam district.
- The new district will be headquartered at Mayiladuthurai, in the heart of the Delta region.
- It would be the 38th district in the state
Recent News in TN
- Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami on Tuesday announced a ₹3,280 crore package to provide relief to the poor, senior citizens, agricultural labourers, autorickshaw drivers, construction workers and daily wagers who would be affected by the lock-down necessitated as a precaution against the spread of COVID-19.
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami announced a 50 per cent subsidy for ‘Ulemas’ to buy new two-wheelers and doubled their pension by increasing the payout to Rs 3,000 from the present Rs 1,500.
- Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami announced that his government would declare the Cauvery Delta region as Protected Special Agriculture Zone.
- Capital- Chennai
- CM- Edappadi K Palanisamy
- Governor- BanwarilalPurohit
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
In Mumbai, Reliance Industries sets up India’s first Covid-19 dedicated hospital
- Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has set up India’s first COVID-19 dedicated hospital in Mumbai that includes a negative pressure room that helps in preventing cross-contamination and helps control infection.
- Sir HN Reliance Foundation Hospital in collaboration with the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), has set up a dedicated 100 bedded COVID-19 centre at Seven Hills Hospital, Mumbai for patients who test positive for COVID-19
- This first-of-its-kind-in-India centre is fully funded by Reliance Foundation and includes a negative pressure room that helps in preventing cross-contamination and helps control infection. All beds are equipped with the required infrastructure, biomedical equipment such as ventilators, pacemakers, dialysis machines, and patient monitoring devices.
- RIL has also announced initial support of₹5 crores to Maharashtra Chief Minister’s Relief Fund to combat coronavirus spread.
- Founded- 1973, Maharashtra
Pune firm gets approval for first ‘Made in India’ Covid-19 testing kit
- A Pune-based company Mylabshas received commercial approval from the Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO) for its Covid-19 test kit.
- With emphasis on ‘Make in India’ and support from local and central government, the Covid- 19 kit has been made as per WHO/CDC guidelines.
- The kit will cost nearly one-fourth of the current procurement cost.
- The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has given a green signal to 16 private laboratories across the country to conduct Covid-19 testing in India.
- The apex medical research body has also issued guidelines for private laboratories by capping the test rates.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Walmart appoints Sameer Aggarwal as CEO for India
- Walmart India stated it has elevated Sameer Aggarwal to the position of Chief Executive Officer, Best Price Stores, effective April 1.
- He will report directly to Dirk Van den Berghe, EVP and Regional CEO of Asia and Global Sourcing at Walmart.
- He is taking over from KrishIyer, who is retiring from full-time management and will assume an advisory role at Walmart India, the company added.
- Aggarwal joined Walmart India in April 2018 as Executive Vice-President overseeing strategy and administration and was promoted to Deputy CEO in January 2020. Walmart India currently operates 28 Best Price cash-and-carry stores in the country.
- Aggarwal has more than two decades of international business experience, including leadership roles at Yum! Brands in South-East Asia, Sainsbury’s in the UK and China and McKinsey & Co in Australia.
About Walmart :
- CEO: Doug McMillon
- Founder: Sam Walton
- headquartered Bentonville, Arkansas, USA
Mahindra Logistics appoints V S Parthasarathy as Chairman
- Parthasarathyis currently the Group CFO and Group CIO of Mahindra & Mahindra and will continue till March 31
- Mahindra Logistics (MLL), a part of the $20.7 billion Mahindra Group, stated it has appointed V S Parthasarathy as its non-executive director and Chairman of the board with effect from March 25.
- Parthasarathy takes over from ZhoobenBhiwandiwala, who stepped down as non-executive director and Chairman of the board of Mahindra Logistics, the company stated in a statement
- Bhiwandiwala continues in his role as President- Mahindra Partners and Group Legal and Member of the Group Executive Board of Mahindra & Mahindra.
About Mahindra & Mahindra
- CEO: Anand Mahindra
- Headquarters: Mumbai
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Novelist RuchikaTomar Wins 2020 Pen/Hemingway Award For Her Debut Novel ‘A Prayer ForTravelers’
- Critically-acclaimed debut novelist RuchikaTomar is the winner of the 2020PEN/Hemingway Award for Debut Novel, for A Prayer for Travelers (Riverhead).
- Honoring a distinguished first novel, the PEN/Hemingway Award includes a $25,000 prize intended to allow significant time and resources with which to pursue a subsequent work of fiction. The prize is underwritten by the Hemingway family and the Ernest Hemingway Foundation.
- Tomar will also receive a month-long Residency Fellowship at the Ucross Foundation in Wyoming, a retreat for artists and writers, valued at $10,000.
- Tomar joins other notable PEN/Hemingway winners and honorees including Marilynne Robinson, Edward P. Jones, JhumpaLahiri, Colson Whitehead, Tommy Orange, Jennifer Haigh, ZZ Packer, George Saunders, Ha Jin, Yiyun Li, Teju Cole, and OttessaMoshfegh—a four-decade lineage of literary excellence founded in 1976 by Mary Hemingway, the widow of Ernest Hemingway, to honor her late husband and draw attention to debut novels.
- The two PEN/Hemingway Award runners-up areStay and Fight by Madeline ffitch (Farrar, Straus and Giroux), and The Travelers by Regina Porter (Hogarth). Alongside finalists 99 Nights in Logar by Jamil Jan Kochai and Big Familia by Tomas Moniz, all finalists and runners-up for the prize will receive a Residency Fellowship at the Ucross Foundation in Wyoming.
IIFTC Tourism Impact Award 2020 goes to Zoya Akhtar for her Outstanding Contribution to World Film Tourism
- 8th India International Film Tourism Conclave (IIFTC)honored the cult filmmaker – Zoya Akhtar with IIFTC Tourism Impact Award 2020 for her outstanding contribution to the world tourism through her cinema.
- The award was presented by His Worship, Mr. NaheedNenshi – Mayor of Calgary, Alberta (Canada) at a glittering award ceremony held recently in Mumbai.
- Zoya Akhter set the trend in the film tourism space with her 2011 classic ‘Zindagi Na MilegiDobara’ shot in Spain, following it up with 2015 comedy-drama ‘DilDhadakne Do’ shot in Turkey.
- Another big winner at the event was, blockbuster Tamil Director, S. Ravikumar, who in his career spanning over 30 years has directed 43 films with starring mega stars including Sarathkumar, Kamal Hassan and Rajinikanth.
- Awards for Cinematic Excellence being presented to the makers of Professor Shanku O El Dorado (Bengali), and the Oscar Goes to (Malayalam), Amar (Kannada), Dev (Tamil), Mannadhudu 2 (Telugu), War (Hindi) and Badla (Hindi) for showcasing global locations as diverse as from Brazil to Portugal to Switzerland to Ukraine to Indian audiences.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Sunil Chhetri chosen for FIFA campaign against COVID-19
- India football captain Sunil Chhetri has been picked by FIFA along with 28 past and present stars for world governing body’s awareness campaign to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
- FIFA and the World Health Organization (WHO) have teamed up to combat the coronavirus by launching a new awareness campaign led by world-renowned footballers, who are calling on all people around the world to follow five key steps to stop the spread of the disease.
- The ‘Pass the message to kick out coronavirus’ campaign promotes five key steps for people to follow to protect their health in line with WHO guidance, focused on hand washing, coughing etiquette, not touching your face, physical distance and staying home if feeling unwell.
- The 28 players, who will be involved in the video campaign to be published in 13 languages, include some of the best known players like Argentine superstar Lionel Messi and World Cup winners like Philip Lahm, Iker Casillas and CarlesPuyol.
- The Players: Sami Al Jaber (KSA), Alisson Becker (BRA), EmreBelözoglu (TUR), Jared Borgetti (MEX), Gianluigi Buffon (ITA), Iker Casillas (ESP), Sunil Chhetri (IND), YouriDjorkaeff (FRA), Han Duan (CHN), Samuel Eto’o (CMR), RadamelFalcao (COL), Laura Georges (FRA), ValeriKarpin (RUS), MiroslavKlose (GER), Philipp Lahm (GER), Gary Lineker (ENG), Carli Lloyd (USA), Lionel Messi (ARG), Mido (EGY), Michael Owen (ENG), Park Ji-sung (KOR), CarlesPuyol (ESP), Celia Sasic (GER), AsakoTakakura (JPN), ayaTouré (CIV), Juan SebastiánVerón (ARG), Sun Wen (CHN), Xavi Hernández (ESP).
- The FédérationInternationale de Football Association is a non-profit organization which describes itself as an international governing body of association football, fútsal, beach soccer, and efootball. It is the highest governing body of football.
- President: Gianni Infantino
- Headquarters: Zürich, Switzerland
- Senior Vice-President: Salman bin Ibrahim Al Khalifa (AFC)
Tokyo Olympics postponed to 2021
- Japan’s Prime Minister and the head of the International Olympic Committee Shinzo Abe agreed to postpone the Tokyo 2020 Games by a year in an extraordinary move, unprecedented in peacetime, as the world battles the coronavirus pandemic
- The move would be a devastating blow for the city of Tokyo, which had won widespread praise for its organization, with venues finished well ahead of time and tickets massively oversubscribed. The Olympics, which has experienced boycotts, terrorist attacks and protests, but has been held every four years since 1948, would be the highest-profile event affected by the virus that has killed thousands and closed sports competitions worldwide.
- The IOC has come under increasing pressure in recent days to postpone the Games, scheduled to start on July 24, with 1.7 billion people across the planet in lockdown to prevent the further spread of COVID-19.
About International Olympic Committee:
- The International Olympic Committee is a non-governmental sports organisation based in Lausanne, Switzerland. Founded by Pierre de Coubertin and DemetriosVikelas in 1894, it is the authority responsible for organising the modern Summer and Winter Olympic Games.
- Honorary President: Jacques Rogge
- Director General: Christophe De Kepper
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
DAILY CA 24th MAR
- World Tuberculosis (TB) Day- 24th march
- International Day for the Right to the Truth Concerning Gross Human Rights Violations and for the Dignity of Victims –24th march
- UK confirmed as first co-chair of India-led global climate initiative
- KVB launches prepaid wallet card in Karur
- Centre rolls back NRI tax, restricts levy only on their income generated in India
- UBS cuts India’s FY21 real GDP growth forecast to 4 per cent
- RBI extends priority sector classification for bank loans to NBFCs to FY21
- IRDAI sets up panel on governance at insurers
- Cognizant acquires US-based digital marketing firm
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan Takes Oath as MP CM for the Fourth Time
- Govt constitutes high level committee of medical experts for prevention & control of COVID-19
- Priyanka Chopra collaborates with WHO to spread awareness over COVID-19
- SumantKathpalia takes over as IndusInd Bank MD and CEO
- 2020 Abel Prize to Furstenberg and Margulis
- SavitaChhabra, Chairperson, HRIPL authors her debut book ‘Legacy Of Learning’
- US, UAE troops launch major exercise Native Fury
- Singapore tops economic freedom index; India at 120th place
- Fins of prehistoric fish reveal origins of the human hand
- Canada becomes first country to withdraw from 2020 Tokyo Olympic
DAILY CA 25th MAR
- International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade-
- International Day of Solidarity with Detained and Missing Staff Members
- Govt bans export of anti-malarial drug hydroxycloroquine
- PM Modi allocates Rs 15,000 Cr for Healthcare Infra to combat Covid-19
- S. Senate, White House agree on $2 trillionCoronavirus rescue plan
- US successfully tests hypersonic missile in bid to catch up with China and Russia
- Last date for filing income tax return for FY 2018-19 extended till June 30; Debit card holders allowed to withdraw money from ATM of any bank without charges
- SBI commits 25% of FY20 annual profit to help fight COVID-19
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Codethreshold raised to Rs 1 crore to protect MSMEs: Finance Minister
- Jana SFB launches UPI QR-based loan instalment payment facility
- Rs 100-cr scheme announced to make Delhi tourism brand
- Scheme for triggering behavioral change launched by Delhi govt
- 38th district to be formed in Tamil Nadu
- In Mumbai, Reliance Industries sets up India’s first Covid-19 dedicated hospital
- Pune firm gets approval for first ‘Made in India’ Covid-19 testing kit
- Walmart appoints Sameer Aggarwal as CEO for India
- Mahindra Logistics appoints V S Parthasarathy as Chairman
- Novelist RuchikaTomar Wins 2020 Pen/Hemingway Award For Her Debut Novel ‘A Prayer For Travelers’
- IIFTC Tourism Impact Award 2020 goes to Zoya Akhtar for her Outstanding Contribution to World Film Tourism
- Sunil Chhetri chosen for FIFA campaign against COVID-19
- Tokyo Olympics postponed to 2021