Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Aadhaar made mandatory for PMVVY pension scheme
- The government has made Aadhaar mandatory for subscribers of the PradhanMantriVayaVandanaYojana (PMVVY), a pension scheme for senior citizens.
- The scheme, which envisages an assured rate of return of 8% annually, is being implemented through Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC). The scheme was announced in Union Budgets of 2017-18 and 2018-19.
- An individual eligible for receiving the benefit under the scheme shall hereby be required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar number (the unique 12-digit biometric identity number) or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
- In cases where Aadhaar authentication fails due to poor biometrics, the the ministry’s Department of Financial Services through its implementing agency will make provisions to help the beneficiaries get the Aadhaar number.
- Further, where biometric or Aadhaar one-time password or time-based OTP authentication is not possible, benefit under the scheme may be given on the basis of physical Aadhaar letter whose authenticity may be verified through the quick response (QR) code printed on the Aadhaar letter.
- In the Budget 2018-19, the maximum limit under PMVVY was doubled to ₹15 lakh per senior citizen. The scheme is available for subscription till March 2020.
- PMVVY is a pension scheme for senior citizens implemented through LIC of India.
- The scheme was announced in two versions in Union Budget 2017-18 and 2018-19.
- It offers assured rate of return in the range of 8-8.3 per cent depending on the mode of pension that the individual chooses.
KVIC Distributes 1000 Bee Boxes, 100 Pottery Wheels and Leather Kits in Agartala
- To commemorate 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi and to support the weaker section of the society in Agartala,Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) organized a distribution of 1000 Bee Boxes, 100 Pottery Wheels and 100 Advanced Leather Tool kits 100 Farmers, 100 Potters and 100 Leather Artisans.
- Chief Minister of Tripura ShriBiplab Kumar Deb was Chief Guest, in presence of Chairman, KVIC Shri VK Saxena.
- Tripura has a lot of potential of Bee Keeping and Pottery because of large scale cultivation of rubber plants and use of traditional terracotta products in their households.
- The event witnessed a huge turnout of artisans from nearby districts of Agartala. Nearly 20% of the beneficiaries of the equipment distribution were women, and around 80% of the total beneficiaries belonged to the marginalized communities
- The Khadi and Village Industries Commission is a statutory body formed by the Government of India, under the Act of Parliament, ‘Khadi and Village Industries Commission Act of 1956’.
- Founded: 1956
- Purpose: To plan, promote, facilitate, organise and assist in the establishment and development of khadi and village industries
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Agency executive: Vinai Kumar Saxena(Chairperson)
Dr. Harsh Vardhan inaugurates 2nd Edition of “Eat Right Mela”
- “The right kind of diet will help to reduce the disease burden in the country”. This was stated by Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare while inaugurating the second edition of the ‘Eat Right Mela’ at JawaharLal Nehru Stadium, New delhi.
- He stressed upon the importance of having a Jan Andolan, a peoples’ movement, encouraging people to have healthier diets which will help in reduction of the disease burden in the country.
- Harsh Vardhan stated that the Eat Right Mela of FSSAI is a commendable effort and outreach activity for citizens to nudge them towards eating right. “Let the ‘Eat Right Melas’ be part of public gatherings like local melas, community programs etc., so that the citizens would learn about health and nutrition benefits of different types of food, dietary advice by experts, engage in dialogues and conversations with food visionaries and experts, relish the delicious street food, live demonstration of food recipes and have fun and entertainment.
- The Union Minister launched ‘The PURPLE Book’ a handbook on diets for diseases. The book provides general guidelines for hospitals on suitable diets for common medical conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, cancer, gut disorders and so on in a simple format and has been developed and vetted by experts in the field of food and nutrition.
MoH&UA to organise consultative workshop with States & UTs on “ShehriSamridhiUtsav 2020”
- DeendayalAntyodayaYojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM) under Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs will be organising a consultative meeting at New Delhi on December 30, 2019 ; with all States and UTs to set out the framework for ShehriSamrddhiUtsav (SSU) 2020.
- The workshop is going to discuss the learnings from the first edition of the SSU 2019 and chalk out the strategy and roadmap for the coming edition of SSU 2020, which will be organised from March 28 to April 12, 2020.
- The workshop will be attended by the officials from the State Urban Livelihoods Missions, State Skill Development Missions, and other partners besides the officials from Ministry.
- This is an effort at Co-creating action plan for SSU 2020 with states as an important process to ensure that the deliverables are realistic and inclusive.
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India, is the apex body for formulation and administration of the rules and regulations and laws relating to the housing and urban development in India.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Union Minister :Narendra Singh Tomar
- MOS independent charge: Hardeep Singh Puri
VP Venkaiah Naidu to inaugurate an LPG bottling plant of BPCL in Bolangir, Odisha
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu is scheduled to visit Balangir district of Odisha to inaugurate an LPG bottling plant of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited and to attend the platinum jubilee function of Rajendra College in Balangir.
- The bottling plant has been established at an expenditure of 103 crore rupees and has capacity of manufacturing 42 lakh cylinders annually.
- The bottling plant will benefit residents of 14 western Odisha districts. BPCL has 21 lakh, 59 thousand customers, in Odisha who consume approximately 78 lakh cylinders in a year. It stated that the consumption is expected to increase to 105 lakh cylinders by the end of 2020.
- The State will soon have seven LPG bottling plants with two more plants coming up at Bhubaneswar and Rayagada. While the current bottling capacity of the existing four plants is 2 crore 80 lakh cylinders per annum, the bottling capacity will increase to 4 crore 6 lakh cylinders annually once all seven plants start production.
HRD Minister launches five documents developed by UGC
- Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh PokhriyalNishank launched the five documents developed by University Grants Commission, UGC covering the 5 verticals of Quality Mandate in New Delhi .
- These five documents cover evaluation reforms, eco-friendly and sustainable university campuses, human values and professional ethics, faculty induction and academic research integrity.
- Speaking on the occasion Mr.Nishankstated to improve the quality in Higher Educational Institutions, UGC has adopted the Higher Education Quality Improvement Programme Mandate.
- The quality mandate aims at evolving higher education system to equip country’s next-generation with vital skills, knowledge and ethics for leading a rewarding life.
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development, formerly Ministry of Education, is responsible for the development of human resources in India.
- Union Minister: Ramesh Pkhriyal
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Child agencies: Department of School Education and Literacy; Department of Higher Education
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Tsunami victims remembered on 15th anniversary in Tamil Nadu
- The victims of the deadly 2004 Tsunami that struck the Tamil Nadu coast were remembered , with a slew of memorial events marking the 15th anniversary of the natural disaster.
- On December 26, 2004, a masssive tsunami triggered by an undersea earthquake in Indonesia struck the south Indian coast on a Sunday morning.
- Giant waves swallowed many, with Cuddalore and Nagapattinam districts bearing the brunt, even as nearly 7,000 people were killed in Tamil Nadu.
- People of over 64 fishing hamlets in Nagapattinam and Karaikal districts observed the anniversary by taking out candle processions and paying floral tributes at memorials.
- In different places, as part of the memorials, flowers were strewn on the sea while milk was poured, even as people were seen getting emotional remembering the deceased ones.
- Fishermen stayed off the sea in many places.
About Tamil Nadu
- Capital: Chennai
- Governor: BanwarilalPurohit
- Chief Minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Massive locust invasion threatens Gujarat farmers
- Sharing borders with neighbouringPakistan, Gujarat is under attack from hoppers — new-born locusts — that have flown in across the international border.
- As the swarms mature, they have ravaged farms in North Gujarat, devastating farmers in the three border districts Banaskantha, Patanand
- The locusts, known as tiddislocally, have wreaked havoc on standing crops of castor, cumin, jatropha, cotton, and potato, and fodder grass in around 20 talukas.
- Gujarat has not witnessed such an invasion of locusts since 1993-94.
- Among the four districts, Banaskantha is the worst affected. The insects fly in during the day and settle on the farms at night making it difficult to ward off the swarms. The farmers under seige are hiring workers and using age old techniques like beating drums and vessels to scare the locusts away without much success
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- CM: Vijay Rupani
- Governor: AcharyaDevVrat
Delhi restaurants will now have menus in Braille
- The Delhi State Commissioner of Person with Disabilities (PWD) has recently passed an order to almost 400 hotel and restaurants stating that they should print menus in Braille for the benefit of the visually impaired.
- “All the members which are part of the Federation of Hotel and Restaurant Association of India (FHRAI) have been instructed to implement the order given by the court. Many PwD people who visit hotels maybe alone and Braille would be very helpful.
- As per the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016access to public services is mandatory,”
The booklet should be uploaded in the website of Ministry of Tourism, FHRAI and each hotel and restaurant and appropriate directives should be issued to every hotel and restaurant owner to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Act
- Governor: Anil Baijal
- Chief Minister: ArvindKejriwal
- Deputy Chief: Minister:ManishSisodia
- Stadiums: ArunJaitleyStadium , Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium , Dhyan Chand National Stadium .
- World Heritage Sites: Humayun’s Tomb, QutbMinar and its Monuments, Red Fort Complex.
Bhubaneswar-New Delhi Rajdhani Express featuring Odisha’s heritage flagged off
- Union MinisterDharmendraPradhan on flagged off Bhubaneswar-New Delhi Rajdhani Express showcasing Odisha’s heritage and culture on the exteriors of the train.
- The coaches were draped with vinyl wrapping sheets having high-quality art related prints on the dance forms, archaeological monuments and flora and fauna of the state.
- Earlier, an agreement was signed between the East- Coast Railway (ECoR) and Navratna NALCO for decoration of the Rajdhani Express.
- The designs, placed between the glass windows of the coaches on the exterior side, are likely to promote tourism potential of the state along with its traditional art.
- While each rake consists of about 15 coaches, Nalco will pay ₹1 crore for each rake as advertisement revenue to the ECoR. The companys designs and logos also feature on the coaches.
CURRENT AFFAIRS INTERNATIONAL
Italy Approves 3% Digital Tax On Large Tech Companies From Next Year
- Italy has recently decided to implement a new tax on technology giants that will put a three per centdigital tax on companies like Google and Amazon.
- According to global figures, technology companies make over $831 million in global revenue and approximately $6million from transactions and operation in Italy alone.
- This recent move comes after France had passed a similar tax earlier this year.
- The Italian Parliament passed the law this week and is scheduled to come into force from January 1, the tax that Italy is planning to implement from January 1 is very similar to the one that France implemented earlier this year and similar to France is expected to undergo severe criticism from the United States.
About Italy :
- Capital: Rome
- Currency: Euro
- Prime Minister: Giuseppe Conte
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Allahabad Bank gets fresh capital ofRs. 2,153 crore from government
- State-ownedAllahabad Bank stated it will get a fresh capital infusion of Rs 2,153 crore from the government in the current financial year.
- The Department of Financial Services in a letter conveyed the sanction for release of the fresh capital infusion fund of Rs 2,153 crore.
- The capital infusion is towards the contribution of the central government in the preferential allotment of equity shares of the bank during the financial year 2019-20 as the government’s investment
- Infusion of the capital into the bank by the government comes ahead of the merger with Indian Bank and it will help the bank meet the regulatory requirement to get amalgamated with a bigger peer.
- Notably, Allahabad Bank had not featured in the list of banks who have approved a total fresh capital infusion of Rs 55,250 crore, as announced on August 30 by the government.
- In this list, Punjab National Bank was approved to get Rs 16,000 crore, Union Bank of India Rs 11,700 crore,Canara Bank Rs 6,500 crore and Indian Bank Rs 2,500 crore.
- Besides, Bank of Baroda got a capital infusion of Rs 7,000 crore, Indian Overseas Bank Rs 3,800 crore and Central Bank of India Rs 3,300 crore.
- This round of capital infusion as intended will enhance the capital base of public sector banks so that they could accelerate lending in a bid to bolster growth.
About Allahabad bank :
- Headquarters: Kolkata
- CEO: S. MallikarjunaRao
- Tag line:A tradition of trust
NPCI offers recharge option for FASTag through BHIM UPI
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) stated that customers can recharge NETC FASTags through BHIM UPI.
- Any BHIM UPI-enabled mobile app would now give vehicle owners the opportunity to recharge their FASTags on the go and avoid queues at toll plazas.
- The National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) is a programme designed to meet the electronic tolling needs of the Indian market.
- It offers an interoperable nationwide toll payment solution including clearinghouse services for settlement and dispute management.
- FASTaghas been made mandatory on national highways throughout the country from December 15, 2019.
- It is a simple to use, reloadable tag fixed on the windscreen of a vehicle, which enables automatic deduction of toll charges from the prepaid or savings to account linked to it while the vehicle is in motion.
India set to cross 100GW renewable energy capacity mark in 2020
- India is all set to cross the 100GW renewable energy capacity mark in 2020 and can make rapid strides towards the ambitious 175GW clean energy target by 2022 provided the government keeps a close eye on key issues and deals with those well in time.
- The government, however, needs to promote storage to ensure 24X7 clean energy supply as coal-fired thermal power still remains the base load in the country.
- India’s installed renewable energy generation capacity touched around 86GW by November-end. This includes solar, wind, small hydro, biomass, waste to energy and others.
- Around 30GW renewable capacity including 18GW solar and 10GW wind energy is under implementation. Besides, around 40 GW including 36GW solar and 3.4GW wind energy, is being tendered.
- Together with other schemes being implemented by the government, expect RE (Renewable Energy) sector to get a big boost in 2020 and the years thereafter they expect RE capacity to cross 100GW mark in 2020
- Earlier this year, several new programs such as PM-KUSUM, solar rooftop phase-2, development of Ultra Mega Renewable Energy Power Parks (UMREPPs) etc have been introduced to promote renewable energy sector in India.
SBI to introduce new way of ATM cash withdrawal from 1st January
- Country’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) will be introducing one time password (OTP) based cash withdrawal system to help protect its customers from unauthorised transactions at ATMs.
- The OTP-based cash withdrawal system shall be active across all SBI ATMs effective 1 January 2020 between 8 pm to 8 am.
- Introducing the OTP-based cash withdrawal system to help protect fromunauthorised transactions at ATMs. This new safeguard system will be applicable from 1st January, 2020 across all SBI ATMs,”SBI tweeted.
- SBI’s OTP-based cash withdrawal facility will be applicable for transactions above ₹10,000.
- With the introduction of its OTP-based cash withdrawal facility, SBI ATMs have added another layer of security for cash withdrawals, and this will protect SBI cardholders from unauthorised ATM cash withdrawals.
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 July 1955
- Managing director: Anshula Kant(Stressed Assets, Risk and Compliance)
Pine Labs partners with Kotak Mahindra Bank to enable EMIs on Kotak debit cards
- Pine Labs, one of India’s largest merchant-focused companies and Kotak Mahindra Bank (Kotak) announced a tie-up to enable EMI payments via Kotak Debit Cards. This arrangement enables over 10 million eligible Kotak debit card customers to pay for their purchases in easy instalments via the Pine Labs POS terminals.
- Pine Labs has a network of over 150,000 merchants across India. It will be a win-win proposition for both consumers and merchants as EMIs extend the power of affordability to consumers.
- The minimum purchase value to avail EMIs on Kotak Debit Cards facility is 8,000 and customers have the flexibility to repay the loanover a tenure of 3 months to 12 months. To begin with, EMIs on Kotak Debit Cards is available on consumer electronic and mobile phone categories and will later be extended to fashion as well as medical cosmetology products.
- Its aim is to provide affordable, flexible and easy EMI options on a range of products so that bank’s customers can break their high-value purchases into affordable instalments at no extra cost.
About Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Establishment- 2003
- Headquarters- Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer– UdayKotak
- Tagline- Lets make money simple
About Pine Lab
- Headquarter- Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Chief Executive Officer- Vicky Bindra
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg to step down
- Boeing’s CEO is resigning amid ongoing problems at the company over the troubled Max 737 aircraft.
- The board of directors stated that Dennis Muilenburg is stepping down immediately.
- The board’s current chairman, David Calhoun, will become president and CEO on Jan. 13.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Army fully capable of protecting country’s borders asserts Defence Minister Rajnath Singh
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has assured the nation that Army is fully capable of protecting India’s border.
- Indian Army is taking every step required to deal with the situation.
- The Defence Minister gave away the RakshaMantri Awards for Excellence 2019.
- The awards were given in eight different categories including improvement in the functioning of Cantonment Board and maintaining Centres for Differently Abled Children and SwachhChhavani- SwasthChhavani.
- Union Cabinet Minister of Defence: Rajnath Singh
- Constituency: Lucknow, UP
China, Russia, Iran to hold joint naval drills
- China, Russia and Iran will hold joint naval drills starting on in the Gulf of Oman, Beijing stated, at a time of heightened tensions since the United States (US) withdrew from a landmark nuclear deal with
- Set to take place from December 27 to 30, the military exercises aim to deepen exchange and cooperation between the navies of the three countries.
- The US reimposed crippling sanctions on Iran in May last year after withdrawing from the international deal aimed at tackling the Islamic Republic’s nuclear programme, prompting Tehran to hit back with countermeasures.
- Remaining parties to the badly weakened 2015 deal include China, Russia, Britain, France and Germany.
Recent news related to naval exercise:
- Roar of the sea: Naval Exercise between Qatar and India
- AUMX: 1st ASEAN-US Maritime Exercise begins in Thailand
- IMNEX-2019: India Myanmar Naval Exercise
- SLINEX 2019: India and Sri Lanka conducts Joint Naval Exercise
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
James Anderson becomes first fast bowler to play 150 Tests
- England’s leading pacer James Andersonbecame the first fast bowler in the history of Test cricket to make 150 appearances. He achieved the rare feat while making a return from injury during the first Test against South Africa at the SuperSport Park.
- The 37-year-old made a terrific comeback as he scalped Dean Elgar with the very first ball he bowled.
- After Anderson, his compatriot Stuart Broad is second on the list with 135 Test appearances. Former West Indies pacer Courtney Walsh comes next with 132 Tests appearances.
- Anderson also became the ninth cricketer to reach the 150-Test milestone — joining the likes of Sachin Tendulkar, Steve Waugh and Jacques Kallis.
- Anderson, who made his Test debut at the age of 20, is the leading wicket-taker for England in Test cricket.
- Former captain Alastair Cook holds the distinction of being the most capped Test player for England. Cook played 161 Tests in which he scored 12,472 runs, including 33 centuries.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
IIT-Hyderabad researchers unravel protein that repairs DNA
- In the evolution of life forms, what determines the formation of a bacteria? It’s the Deoxyribonucleaci Acid (DNA), which is the blueprint of the life form.
- It also encodes the directions that the life form must take.
- Any damage to the DNA causes a range of diseases and problems.
- Nature has evolved techniques to not only protect the DNA but also repair it to an extent. In humans, one such repair mechanism involves activation of a special class of proteins called ‘DNA repair proteins’.
- In a significant development, researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (IITH) have unravelled the mechanism of action of a protein ( alkB homolog 3, or ALKBH3) that repairs damaged DNA.
Recent news related to IIT’s
- IIT-Delhi Endowment Fund: 1 billion USD
- Researchers develop process to get bone implant material from eggshells in IIT-Hyderabad
- IIT Hyderabad develops eco-friendly solar cells using Kumkum Dye
- IIT Delhi, ISRO to set up Space Technology Cell
- JNU signs MoU with IIT Delhi for Research, Technology Development
- IIT-Bombay best-ranked Indian institute in QS World Rankings
Healthcare start-up Qure.ai develops software to provide fast and accurate diagnosis of Tuberculosis
- Tuberculosis kills around 5 million people every year in India and one of the reasons behind this is a late diagnosis of the infectious disease, reports reveal. To deal with this scenario, healthcare start-up Qure.ai has developed software qXR using a database of 2.5 million X-rays, which provides fast and accurate diagnosis of Tuberculosis (TB).
- ai’sqXR is designed to screen and prioritise abnormal chest X-rays and individuals suspected of TB, says Prashant Warier, CEO and co-founder, Qure.ai, which was one of the recipients of the India Health Fund TB Quest Awards given for innovations in the area of TB elimination.
- The algorithm automatically identifies 19 most common chest X-ray abnormalities. A subset of these abnormalities, which can diagnose typical and atypical pulmonary TB, is combined to generate a ‘Tuberculosis screening’ algorithm within the product.
- Meanwhile, Qure.ai has collaborated with PATH, a non-profit global health organisation. TheqXR TB solution was deployed at primary healthcare centres and it showcased a successful model for rapid and accurate TB screening.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
“Dreams of a Billion: India and the Olympic Games” written by BoriaMajumdar with Nalin Mehta
- “Dreams of a Billion: India and the Olympic Games” written by BoriaMajumdar with Nalin Mehta will be brought out by HarperCollins India in January 2020.
- The book provides an inside view of what goes on backstage in the Indian Olympics world alongside a quick history of how India has fared at the Olympics over the past century and a look at how the Indian Olympics world has changed in the last decade.
DAILY CA-26TH DECEMBER
- Good Governance Index launched- Tamil Nadu tops
- Centre plans to convert 75 hospitals into medical colleges
- All villages to have free WiFi services by March 2020: Govt
- Govt approves updation of National Population Register; says no documentation or bio-metric needed
- Cabinet approves creation of Chief of Defence Staff post
- Typhoon Phanfone Misery for Central Philippines on Christmas Day
- Delhi Launches Housing Scheme For Residents OfUnauthorised Colonies
- Delhi cabinet approves policy on electric vehicles to curb pollution
- 11th National Street Food Festival in New Delhi
- Tamil Nadu farmer builds temple for PM Modi
- Telanganagovtraises retirement age of RTC staff
- Rahul Gandhi to launch tribal dance fest in Chhattisgarh
- India’s first university for transgender community to come up in UP’s Kushinagardist
- Earliest Sanskrit inscription in South India found in A.P
- GST Council sets up GRC at zonal, state level
- RBI introduces new prepaid payment instrument
- NTPC may add 10GW of solar energy capacity
- Hubballigets certificate of merit for healthcare project under Smart City
- CSMT gets ‘Eat Right‘ station certificate
- Kohliamong five Wisden cricketers of the decade
- Leander Paes to retire from Tennis in 2020
- MS Dhoni named captain of Cricket Australia ODI team of the decade, ViratKohli Test skipper
- Last solar eclipse of decade to be observed in parts of country
- IIT Madras researchers find link between a tissue-remodelling enzyme and hypertension risk
- Renowned Hindi author Ganga Prasad Vimal passes away
DAILY CA-27TH DECEMBER
- Aadhaarmade mandatory for PMVVY pension scheme
- KVIC Distributes 1000 Bee Boxes, 100 Pottery Wheels and Leather Kits in Agartala
- Harsh Vardhan inaugurates 2nd Edition of “Eat Right Mela”
- MoH&UA to Organise consultative workshop with States & UTs on “ShehriSamridhiUtsav 2020“
- VP Venkaiah Naidu to inaugurate an LPG bottling plant of BPCL in Bolangir, Odisha
- HRD Minister launches five documents developed by UGC
- Tsunami victims remembered on 15th anniversary in Tamil Nadu
- Massive locust invasion threatens Gujarat farmers
- Delhi restaurants will now have menus in Braille
- Bhubaneswar-New Delhi Rajdhani Express featuring Odisha’s heritage flagged off
- Italy Approves 3% Digital Tax On Large Tech Companies From Next Year
- Allahabad Bank gets fresh capital of Rs 2,153crore from government
- NPCI offers recharge option for FASTag through BHIM UPI
- India set to cross 100GW renewable energy capacity mark in 2020
- SBI to introduce new way of ATM cash withdrawal from 1st January
- Pine Labs partners with Kotak Mahindra Bank to enable EMIs on Kotak debit cards
- Boeing CEODennis Muilenburg to step down
- Army fully capable of protecting country’s borders asserts Defence Minister Rajnath Singh
- China, Russia, Iran to hold joint naval drills
- James Anderson becomes first fast bowler to play 150 Tests
- IIT-Hyderabad researchers unravel protein that repairs DNA
- Healthcare start-up ai develops software to provide fast and accurate diagnosis of Tuberculosis
- “Dreams of a Billion: India and the Olympic Games” written by BoriaMajumdar with Nalin Mehta