Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
More than 1 cr houses sanctioned under PM Awas Yojana (Urban)
- Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Puri informed that one crore houses have already been sanctioned out of a validated demand of 12 crore houses in urban areas.
- A total of 57 lakh houses are in various stages of construction of which, nearly 30 Lakh houses have been completed. PMAY (U) is one of the largest affordable housing programmes in the world.
- Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, DurgaShanker Mishra informed that the Mission has covered a range of social groups. This comprises of around 5.8 lakh senior citizens, 2 lakh construction workers, 1.5 lakh domestic workers, and 1.5 lakh artisans..
- The implementation of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) has induced a remarkable investment in housing sector especially in the affordable housing segment.
- The houses sanctioned so far under the Mission involve an investment of about 70 lakh crore rupees with central assistance of 1.6 lakh crore rupees.
- The Central government is contributing one lakh to 2.67 lakh rupees for each house under different verticals of the scheme. As on date, nearly 60,000 crore rupees of central assistance has already been released.
- Presently, works of about 3 lakh crore rupees is ongoing and by the time Mission accomplishes its target of 1.12 Crore houses, the entire activity will trigger an investment of more than seven lakh crore rupees.
- Around 20 crore employment has been generated through forward and backward linkages with about 250 auxiliary industries like, steel, brick kilns, cement, paint, hardware, and sanitary.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) is an initiative by Government of India in which affordable housing will be provided to the urban poor with a target of building 20 million affordable houses by 31 March 2022.
- Ministry: Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty
- Prime Minister(s): NarendraModi
- Launched: 25 June 2015; 4 years ago
Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh launches DefExpo 2020 mobile app
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh launched the mobile app of the forthcoming DefExpo2020 . The app is available on Apple App Store and Android Play Store.
- The main features of the app are ‘inform, engage and feedback’. It provides detailed information about the day-to-day events; participating exhibitors; Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs), guest speakers of seminars,webinars; publications i.e., electronic brochures and e-books; maps and directions of the venuesand city weather.
- The app has been developed by Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence (MoD) with the aim to engage with the visitors as well as exhibitors. Business-to-Business Exhibitor Connect; Exhibitor Chat; Ticket booking; accommodation in Tented City; Push notifications and social media are some of its salient features.
- Feedback mechanism in the app is another essential feature to further improve operations during the event.
- Kages with about 250 auxiliary industries like, steel, brick kilns, cement, paint, hardware, and sanitary.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
UN gives green light to draft treaty to combat cybercrime
- The UN General Assembly approved a resolution that will start the process of drafting a new international treaty tocombat cybercrime over objections from the European Union, the United States and other countries.
- The Russian-drafted resolution was approved by the 193-member world body by a vote of 79-60 with 33 abstentions.
- The resolution establishes an expert committee representing all regions of the world “to elaborate a comprehensive international convention on countering the use of information and communications technologies for criminal purposes”.
- It says the committee will meet in August 2020 to agree on an outline of its activities. US deputy ambassador Cherith Norman Chalet told the assembly before the vote that “this resolution will undermine international cooperation to combat cyber-crime at a time when enhanced coordination is essential”.
China to launch Beidou-3 satellites in 2020
- Beijing, China will launch in 2020 the last two satellites of its Beidou-3 mapping system, an alternative to the US GPS, authorities have announced.China has launched 10 Beidou satellites into space during Ren added that by 2035 a new navigation system and schedule of Beidou more ubiquitous, integrated and intelligent will be established.
- The Beidou-3 system has been underway in China and parts of the Asia-Pacific region since December 2012, and began operating worldwide in December 2018.
- The accuracy margin of the system is less than five meters, according to the authorities.China began building its own satellite navigation system in 2000 to end its dependence on the GPS system, and decided to call it Beidou, a name that ancient Chinese astronomers gave to the seven brightest stars of the Big Dipper or Plough constellation.
- Beidou is one of the four space projects of navigation networks, together with the GPS by the US, Galileo from the European Union and GLONASS from Russia.
UN ups 2020 budget, includes funds for war crimes probes
- The United Nations General Assembly adopted a USD 3.07-billion operating budget which for the first time includes funding for the investigation of war crimes in Syria and Myanmar.
- The budget represents a slight increase from 2019’s figure of USD 2.9 billion.
- The increase is due to additional missions assigned to the UN Secretariat, inflation and exchange rate adjustments, according to diplomats.
- These include the observer mission in Yemen, a political mission established in Haiti, the investigation of crimes committed in Syria since the outbreak of civil war in 2011, and in Myanmar after the 2017 crackdown on the Rohingya Muslim minority.
- For the first time, the budgets for the Syria and Myanmar investigations — which were previously financed by voluntary contributions — will in 2020 be transferred to the UN secretariat’s budget and will receive compulsory contributions from the 193 member states.
- The UN’s operating budget is separate from the annual budget for peacekeeping operations of some USD 6 billion that is adopted in June.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Assam Government Launches ‘Abhinandan’ scheme to benefit students
- Assam State Finance Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma attended the ceremonial launch of ‘Abhinandan’, an education loan subsidy scheme that will provide a one-time subsidy of 50,000 in loan to 1546 students.
- 5,000 students in Assam are currently pursuing higher studies in the state. The loan will benefit 1500 students in the first batch and 3000 students will earn benefit in the second batch.
- The aim of the scheme is to provide a loan waiver to students of Assam who have availed education loans.
- The scheme will be available through all commercial banks like the Federal Bank and HDFC and also the regional rural banks like Assam GraminVikash Bank within Assam.
- Through the Abhinandan Education Loan Scheme, the Assam govt aims to bolster its education infrastructure and urge more students to pursue higher education.
- The Assam government will start Arundhati gold scheme by January next year for the registered newly married couples. Under the scheme, an amount of 30 thousand rupees will be given to the bride to purchase gold.
- Assam government launches scheme for former militants.
- Swabalamban scheme was conceived by the state government to provide means of livelihood to the members of militant outfits who decided to come back to the mainstream society so that they could live a life of dignity.
Losar Festival: Ladakhi New Year being celebrated
- The Losar celebration denotes the start of the New year and is thought to be the most critical celebration of the locale Ladakh/Tibet.
- Amid this celebration, the Ladakhi Buddhists make a religious offering before their divinities in the local holy places or in the Gompas.
- A mixture of social occasions, old ceremonies and furthermore conventional exhibitions are performed amid this celebration.
- The festival is regarded as the most important socio-religious event of It is also one of the major attractions for tourists in winter season
- It includes making symbolic meals and offerings to God and Goddess. The houses are decorated with good luck signs for prosperous New Year and bounty of crops. People keep Dough Models of Sun, Moon, Goats, Sheep,Ibex and Antelope in kitchen shelves for good omen.
- To mark the beginning of New Year, prayer flags will be hoisted at important religious places in the UT.
- Capital: Leh
- Governor: RK Mathur
Mandu Festival to begin in MP
- The first edition of Mandu Festival will begin at Mandu, picturesque fort city of Madhya Pradesh.
- The five-day event organized by Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board will witness a celebration of the historic heritage blended with the modern vibrancy of the city culture.
- Based on the idea of Khojne Me KhoJao, the Mandu festival will offer an eclectic mix of performing arts, workshops, art installations, nature trails, walks, food, architecture and music to the visitors during the festival.
- Mandu festival will redefine the essence of this city & bring about the joy of establishing a new tourism hub in the state.
- Capital: Bhopal
- CM: Kamal Nath
- Governor: Anandhiben Patel
After Kerala, Uttarakhand schools introduce ‘water bell’ to have students consume more water
- In an effort to tackle dehydration in children of government schools, Uttarakhand education department will be introducing a ‘Water Bell’.
- The bell will ring thrice a day to remind students of class 1-8 to drink water.
- Seema Jaunsari, director, academic research and traning, state education department said, “Close to 84 lakh students will be benefitted from the initiative.
- Directions have been issued to all district education officers to implement the initiative. By this we will make sure that children of the state are in good health.
- The officials stated that the students of over 17,000 government schools will be covered in the initiative.
|Governor:||Baby Rani Maurya|
|Chief Minister:||Trivendra Singh Rawat (BJP)|
|Chief Justice:||Ramesh Ranganathan|
National park :Corbett National Park,Govind National Park,Nanda Devi National Park,Valley of Flowers
North Eastern Council with J&K admin to organise Bamboo workshop-cum-exhibition in Jammu
- MoS in PMO and Minister for North Eastern Region DrJitender Singh has stated that the North Eastern Council in collaboration with J&K UT administration will organise a workshop-cum-exhibition on ‘Bamboo – A wonder grass: Opportunity for Sustainable Development in Jobs’ in Jammu in January.
- The exhibition will aim to replicate the successful model being adopted in the North East to market its products.
- The workshop-cum-exhibition is being organised through Cane and Bamboo Technology Centre, Assam and Department of Social Forestry of J&K UT administration.
CURRENT AFFAIRS : BANKING AND FINANCE
Over 125 crore people now have Aadhaar cards: Government
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has announced a milestone of sorts with the total number of Aadhaar cards issued so far crossing the 25 billion mark. With this, 125 crore residents of the country have received their own 12-digit unique identity number since the service was rolled out in 2009.
- Over the years, the Aadhaar card has evolved as a primary identification document for a number of purposes in India. The Aadhaar-based authentication services have been used almost 37,000 crore times since inception. As per UIDAI records, about three crore authentication requests are received on an average every day.
- It has also been observed that people are updating their Aadhaar details.
- UIDAI has recorded about 331 crore successful Aadhaar updates (biometric and demographic) till date. At present UIDAI receives about 3-4 lakh Aadhaar update requests every day.
About Aadhaar :
- The Aadhaar, with a unique identity number, was introduced in 2009. It is the world’s largest biometric identification system.
- Ministry: Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, India
- Satyanarayana, IAS, Chairman, UIDAI
- Pankaj Kumar IAS, CEO, UIDAI
- Launched:28 January 2009; 10 years ago
Karnataka Bank launches TAB Banking
- Karnataka Bank, as part of its digital initiative, launched ‘KBL Xpress SB Accounts’, a digitised version for opening Savings Bank account through TAB Banking on the spot.
- Using the TAB banking account opening process, the Bank can on-board the prospective customer and open the Savings Bank Account.
- The Bank official will visit the customer’s place and open the account using the TAB within 10 minutes and issue the pre-activated Debit Card and Mobile and Internet Banking will be activated instantly.
- With the introduction of TAB banking for SB account opening, the customers can be on-boarded by the Bank within a short span of 10 minutes and instantaneously debit card will also be issued besides extending Mobile Banking and Internet Banking facilities.
- Initially, this will be launched in Bangalore on a pilot basis and will be expanded Pan-India soon
About Karnataka Bank:
- Headquarters– Mangaluru
- MD & CEO– Mahabaleshwara M S
- Tagline– Your Family Bank Across India
RBI appoints J&K Bank as lead banking convenor for J&K, SBI for Ladakh
- The Reserve Bank appointed Jammu & Kashmir Bankas the lead banker for the newly carved out union territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- State Bank of India (SBI) will be the lead convenor bank for union territory of Ladakh.
- The government through a gazette notification on August 9, 2019 had reorganised the erstwhile Jammu and Kashmir state under the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Act, 2019, into union territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh with effect from October 31, 2019.
- In view of the above, it has been decided to assign the UTLBC (Union Territory Lead Bank Convenor) Convenorship of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir to Jammu & Kashmir Bank Ltd and the Union Territory of Ladakh to State Bank of India the RBI stated.There is no change in the SLBC/ UTLBC convenorship of other states and UTs
About State Bank of India(SBI):
- Founded- 1 July 1955 as SBI.
- Headquarters- Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Chairperson- Rajnish Kumar.
- Tagline- Pure Banking Nothing Else, With You All the Way, A Bank Of The Common Man, Banker to Every Indian.
About Jammu and Kashmir Bank(J&K bank):
- Founded- 1 October 1938.
- Chief Executive Officer(CEO)- R K Chhibber
- Headquarters- Srinagar.
- Tagline- Serving to Empower.
RBI directs large co-op banks to report exposures above Rs 5 cr
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has directed large cooperative banks to report all exposures of 5 crore rupees and more to the Central Repository of Information on Large Credits (CRILC). The move is aimed at early detection of financial distress.
- The Reserve Bank has created a CRILC of commercial banks, all India financial institutions and certain non-banking financial companies with multiple objectives, which, among others, include strengthening offsite supervision and early recognition of financial distress.
- Earlier in its bi-monthly monetary policy review this month, the RBI had announced to bring UCBs with assets of Rs 500 crore and above under the CRILC reporting framework.
- Aggregate exposure will include all fund-based and non-fund based exposure (like partial credit enhancement) including investment exposure on the borrower.
- To start with, UCBs will be required to submit CRILC report on quarterly basis with effect from December 31, 2019.
Swiggy launches own digital wallet, to credit refunds for now
- The Bengaluru-headquartered company has launched its own wallet – Swiggy Money. According to a notification in its FAQ (frequently asked questions) column, the wallet will initially be used to credit amounts for the cancelled orders. Later, however, Swiggy Money will function as a usual digital wallet to store money and for transactions on the platform.
- The Meituan-backed firm’s wallet is powered by ICICI Bank and is a fully Reserve Bank of India (RBI)-compliant Prepaid Payment Instrument. This essentially means that users have to complete a minimum KYC (know your customer) by entering government-issued identification information to use the service.
- Notably, Swiggy Money went live just a day after RBI introduced a semi-closed Prepaid Payment Instrument for small-ticket retail payments up to Rs 10,000. It is now looking at add UPI (unified payment interface), credit card, debit card and net banking options to load money.
- With minimum KYC, a Swiggy Money user can transact up to Rs 10,000 while a full KYC allows the user to load up to Rs 1 lakh at any given time. The wallet, which is currently available on food orders, will soon be opened up for Swiggy Pop, Swiggy Stores and Swiggy Go.
Ashok Leyland, Citicorp Finance ink MoU for commercial vehicles’ financing
- Hinduja Group’s flagship firm Ashok Leyland o stated it has partnered with Citicorp Finance India Ltd for financing commercial vehicles.
- The company has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Citicorp Finance to enter into a strategic financing partnership for two years, to offer customised financial solutions to customers across India.
- Under the MoU, Citicorp Finance will be a preferred financier for providing finance to the customers buying Ashok Leyland vehicles.
- Citicorp Finance will work in close coordination with the authorised dealers of Ashok Leyland to provide financial solutions to customers, the statement
About Ashok Leyland (ALL):
- Headquarters– Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Parent organization- Hinduja Group
- Founder– Raghunandan Saran
About YES Bank:
- Formation– 2004
- Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- CEO & MD– Ravneet Gill
- Tagline– Experience our Expertise
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Aayushi crowned Miss Teen International 2019
- Vadodra’s Aayushi Dholakia has bagged the title of Miss Teen International 2019, vying with the girls from 22 countries, becoming the first Asian to do so in the last 27 years.
- Yessenia Garcia from Paraguay and Anicia Gaothusi from Botswana became the First and second Runners-Up respectively. The event was held at Kingdom of Dreams, Gurugram.
- Miss Teen International is the world’s oldest running teen pageant.
- Thu Phan from Vietnam was adjudged Miss Teen Asia, Maria Luisa Piras from Italy bagged the title of Miss Teen Europe, Anicia Gaothusi from Botswana won Miss Teen Africa and Alessandra Santos from Brazil became Miss Teen America at the event.
- The Miss Universe 2019 pageant took place in the United States, where Miss South Africa – Zozibini Tunzi – was crowned the final winner.
- Puerto Rico’s Madison Anderson and Mexico’s Sofia Aragon were the first and second runner-up.
- The 5th Edition of ‘Miss Asia Global Title 2019’ was organized at Gokulam Convention centrein Kochi, Kerala. Sara Damnjanovic from Serbia has been crowned ‘Miss Asia Global 2019’.
Pakistan’s Malala Yousafzai declared ‘most famous teenager’ of decade by UN
- The United Nations (UN) has declared Pakistani education activist and Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai as “the most famous teenager in the world” in its Decade.
- In part one of its review series, which takes into account events that happened between 2010 and the end of 2013, the UN highlighted the devastating Haiti earthquake in 2010, the beginning of the ongoing Syrian conflict for 2011 and Malala’s work in favour of girls’ education for the year 2012.
- In 2014, Malala became the youngest recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize in recognition of her efforts for children’s rights.
- In October 2012, Malala was shot in the head at point-blank range by the Taliban as she was returning home from her school in Swat valley.
- The 22-year-old was also recently chosen by Teen Vogue as as its cover person for its last issue of the decade.
About United Nations:
- Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945, San Francisco, California, United States
- Official languages: Arabic; Chinese; English; French; Russian; Spanish;
- Secretary general: António Guterres
Ratan Tata, Anand Mahindra, GautamAdani among India’s top 10 most Googled business tycoons
- Tata Sons’ chairman emeritus Ratan Tata has emerged as India’s most searched business tycoon on Google in 2019.
- Google has released a ‘Year in Search 2019’ report which shows who or what was trending on the world’s largest search engine during the year in India.
- While the most searched personality was Indian Air Force (IAF) fighter pilot Abhinanadan Varthaman, who was held captive by Pakistan for 60 hours after an aerial dogfight in June, the list of most searched business personalities was led by the 81-year-old Tata patriarch..
- 1) Ratan Tata: The Tata Group patriarch was Google’s most searched Indian business personality in 2019.
- 2) AzimPremji, Lakshmi Mittal, Anand Mahindra, Shiv Nadar,Gautam Adani are among the top 10 most google business tycoons
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Indian Air Force to decommission last MiG-27 squadron
- The MiG-27 ground strike aircraft, named ‘Bahadur’ in India, has had an impeccable track record in its more than three decades of glorious service to the nation.
- Procured in the 1980s from the then Soviet Union, the fighter jet has proved its worth in various operations, including Kargil, and earned rich accolades in numerous international exercises held in India.
- The formidable strike aircraft has the single most powerful engine in the world and variable geometry wing which allows the pilot to change the wing sweep angle while flying as per the mission requirements to achieve optimum flying characteristics.
- This swing wing fighter bomber was one of the main strike aircraft of the IAF.
About Indian Air Force(IAF):
- Founded- 8 October 1932.
- Headquarters- New Delhi.
- Motto- Glory that touches the sky
- Chief-Admiral Karambir Singh
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
China successfully launches largest carrier rocket
- China has successfully launched the largest carrier rocket of the country, Long March-5, from Wenchang Space Launch Center in south China’s Hainan Province carried by Shijian-20 satellite.
- The rocket, also known as CZ-5.
- The first attempt was made in 2016. However, during the first attempt, the rocket failed to reach the speed required for the early phase of the flight.The second attempt also failed.
- It is the country’s third attempt to launch the rocket.
About china :
- Currency: Renminbi
- Capital: Beijing
- President: Xi Jinping
Russia inducts firstAvangard hypersonic missiles into service
- Russia inducted first Avangard hypersonic missiles into service.
- The nuclear-capable missiles can travel more than 20 times the speed of sound and put Russia ahead of other nations.
- They have a “glide system” that affords great manoeuvrability and could make them impossible to defend against.
- Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu confirmed the “Avangard hypersonic glide vehicle entered service, calling it a “landmark event”.
Recent news related to Russia :
- World Anti-Doping Agency imposes 4-year ban on Russia
- India to host 19th Council of Heads of Governments of SCO in 2020
- Russia formally joins Paris Agreement on Climate Change
- Russia holds Center-2019 International Command Exercise
- 5th Eastern Economic Forum (EEF) held in Vladivostok
CESSI team accurately predicts shape of Sun’s corona 43 days ahead of eclipse
- Solar physicists from the Centre for Excellence in Space Sciences (CESSI), IISER Kolkata, have succeeded in predicting the shape of the sun’s atmosphere — known as the corona — at the time of the annular eclipse of Dec 25.
- This is the second successful prediction, counting the last solar eclipse that was viewed from South America on July 2 this year.
- While the earlier prediction was slightly different from the actual image, this time it is pretty close to the real thing, which was imaged by NASA’s spaced-based solar observatory SOHO using the LASCO instrument
Mars 2020 rover to seek ancient life, prepare for human missions: NASA
- The Mars 2020 rover, which sets off for the Red Planet next year, will not only search for traces of ancient life, but pave the way for future human missions.
- The rover has been constructed in a large, sterile room at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, near LosAngeles, where its driving equipment was given its first successful test last week.
- It is scheduled to leave Earth in July 2020 from Florida’s Cape Canaveral, becoming the fifth US rover to land on Mars seven months later in February.
- “It’s designed to seek the signs of life, so we’re carrying a number of different instruments that will help us understand the geological and chemical context on the surface of Mars,” deputy mission leader Matt Wallace stated .
Recent news related to NASA:
- Oxygen Parlour opened at Nashik Railway Station to combat Air Pollution
- NASA renames Ultima Thule to ‘Arrokoth’
- NASA: A Huge X Ray burst detected from outer space
- NASA unveils its first electric plane
- Voyager 2: NASA’s Solar System Explorer reaches interstellar space
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Founder: Dwight D. Eisenhower
Founded: 29 July 1958, United States
- Administrator:Jim Bridenstine
- Deputy Administrator:James Morhard
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Veteran Political cartoonist Vikas Sabnis passes away
- Veteran Political cartoonist Vikas Sabnis passed away due to cardiac arrest.
- He had completed 50 years of illustrious career in 2018. He had started his career in 1968. Since then, for over 50 years, Sabnis has worked as a staff cartoonist at various newspapers, including the Times of India and the Mid-day.
- He made caricatures and political cartoons on various subjects and issues. These ranges from local to international levels.
DAILY CA-27TH DECEMBER
- Aadhaar made mandatory for PMVVY pension scheme
- KVIC Distributes 1000 Bee Boxes,100 Pottery Wheels and Leather Kits in Agartala
- Harsh Vardhan inaugurates 2nd Edition of “Eat Right Mela”
- MoH & UA to Organise consultative workshop with States & UTs on “Shehri Samridhi Utsav 2020“
- VP Venkaiah Naidu to inaugurate an LPG bottling plant of BPCL in Bolangir, Odisha
- HRD Minister launches five documents developed by UGC
- Tsunami victims remembered on 15th anniversary in Tamil Nadu
- Massive locust invasion threatens Gujarat farmers
- Delhi restaurants will now have menus in Braille
- Bhubaneswar-New Delhi Rajdhani Express featuring Odisha’s heritage flagged off
- Italy Approves 3% Digital Tax On Large Tech Companies From Next Year
- Allahabad Bank gets fresh capital of Rs 2,153 crore from government
- NPCI offers recharge option for FASTag through BHIM UPI
- India set to cross 100GW renewable energy capacity mark in 2020
- SBI to introduce new way of ATM cash withdrawal from 1st January
- Pine Labs partners with Kotak Mahindra Bank to enable EMIs on Kotak debit cards
- Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg to step down
- Army fully capable of protecting country’s borders asserts Defence Minister Rajnath Singh
- China, Russia, Iran to hold joint naval drills
- James Anderson becomes first fast bowler to play 150 Tests
- IIT-Hyderabad researchers unravel protein that repairs DNA
- Healthcare start-up ai develops software to provide fast and accurate diagnosis of Tuberculosis
- “Dreams of a Billion: India and the Olympic Games” written by Boria Majumdar with Nalin Mehta
DAILY CA-28TH DECEMBER
- More than 1 cr houses sanctioned under PM Awas Yojana (Urban)
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh launches Def Expo 2020 mobile app
- UN gives green light to draft treaty to combat cybercrime
- China to launch Beidou-3 satellites in 2020
- UN ups 2020 budget, includes funds for war crimes probes
- Assam Government Launches ‘Abhinandan’ scheme to benefit students
- Losar Festival: Ladakhi New Year being celebrated
- Mandu Festival to beginin MP
- After Kerala, Uttarakhand schools introduce ‘water bell’ to have students consume more water
- North Eastern Council with J&K admin to organise Bamboo workshop-cum-exhibition in Jammu
- Over 125 crore people now have Aadhaar cards: Government
- Karnataka Bank launches TAB Banking
- RBI appoints J&K Bank as lead banking convenor for J&K, SBI for Ladakh
- Swiggy launches own digital wallet, to credit refunds for now
- Ashok Leyland, Citicorp Finance ink MoU for commercial vehicles’ financing
- Aayushi crowned Miss Teen International 2019
- Pakistan’s Malala Yousafzai declared ‘most famous teenager’ of decade by UN
- Ratan Tata, Anand Mahindra, Gautam Adani among India’s top 10 most Googled business tycoons
- Indian Air Force to decommission last MiG-27 squadron
- China successfully launches largest carrier rocket
- Russia inducts first Avangard hypersonic missiles into service
- CESSI team accurately predicts shape of Sun’s corona 43 days ahead of eclipse
- Mars 2020 rover to seek ancient life, prepare for human missions: NASA
- Veteran Political cartoonist Vikas Sabnis passes away