Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs Hindi News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try the Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
PM to launch 10,000 Farmer Producer Organizations; also to lay foundation stone for Bundelkhand Expressway
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch 10 thousand Farmer Producer Organizations, FPOs all over the country from Chitrakoot in Uttar Pradesh.
- These FPOs will help in collectivization of small, marginal and landless farmers to give them strength to deal with issues like lack of access to technology, quality seed, fertilizers and pesticides including requisite finances.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will also lay the foundation stone for the Bundelkhand Expressway at The Uttar Pradesh Government is constructing the Expressway which will pass through the districts of Chitrakoot, Banda, Hamirpur and Jalaun.
- It will link the Bundelkhand area to the national capital Delhi through Agra-Lucknow expressway and Yamuna expressway and play a vital role in the development of Bundelkhand region.
- India has huge defence equipment requirements spanning from land systems, ships and submarines to fighter aircraft, helicopters, weapons and sensors.
- The requirements are worth over 250 billion dollars by 2025. In order to fulfill the requirements, the government had announced setting up of Defence Industrial Corridor in Uttar Pradesh during the Investors Summit on 21st February 2018 at
- Atal Bhujal Yojna will be implemented in six districts of Bundelkhand along with Har Ghar Jal Scheme for better water management in this drought hit region.
- The 296-kilometre long Bundelkhand Expressway will pass through the districts of Chitrakoot, Banda, Hamirpur and Jalaun.
NITI Aayog selects J&K for first pilot project among all States and UTs on Sustainable Developmental Goals
- NITI Aayog has selected Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir for first pilot project among all States and UTs on Sustainable Developmental Goals. It would get a chance to work with United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- This was informed by Principal Secretary Rohit Kansal in a meeting at Jammu .
- He also reviewed the progress made under different Outreach Programmes conducted across J&K.
- The programmes would work like that of district indicator framework wherein information would be sought from respective District Commissioners and ranking would be done by setting certain parameters.
- He stated under the Public Outreach Programme, Lieutenant Governor is touring various parts of the UT and taking firsthand accounts of the issues faced by people and ensuring redressal within the shortest possible time frame.
About Niti Aayog:
- Formed: 1 January 2015
- Objectives: Foster involvement and participation in the economic policy-making process by the State Governments of India
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- Rajiv Kumar(economist), (Vice Chairperson)
- CEO : Amitabh Kant.
Ministry of tribal affairs launches capacity building of ST Representatives In Odisha
- The “Programme for Capacity Building of Scheduled Tribe Representatives in Local Self Governments” was launched by the Union Tribal Affairs Minister Shri Arjun Munda at Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- Capacity Building initiative:The program included Technical sessions on topics such as Tribal Development Paradigms, Alienation of Tribal Land, Van DhanVikas Kendra and Innovation of Tribal Development.
- The initiative is aimed to empower tribal PRI representatives by enhancing their decision-making capabilities at local government level. The capacity building programme will focus on constitutional and legal provisions that protect and promote the rights and welfare of the tribal population.
- It will ensure greater participation of ST PRIs representatives in planning, execution, and monitoring of government policies and programmes. It will also ensure better prioritization of the tribal development agenda.
Ministry of Food Processing Approves Rs. 162 Crore under Operation Greens
- Centre has approved Rs 162 crore under ‘Operation Greens’ scheme that has an outlay of Rs 500 crore to stabilize the supply of ‘TOP’ crops i.e. tomato, onion and potato. This will ensure their availability throughout the year without price volatility.
- The scheme that was announced in the budget 2018-19 aims at improving value realization for cultivators by targeted interventions to strengthen production clusters & Farmer Producer Organizations and linking them with the market.
- Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Food Processing Minister stated that 5 projects have been sanctioned in the country and more were lined up for approvals. She stated, The total outlay of the projects is Rs 426 crore and the grant we would give is Rs 162 crore.
- She further told that infrastructure projects for the agro commodities will come in Banaskantha in Gujarat, Chittoor in Andhra Pradesh and two in Maharashtra’s Ahmednagar. Badal stated, Over 50,000 growers would benefit with these upcoming projects and it will also generate 10,000 jobs. Also storage of more than 90,000 tonnes & over 3.64 lakh tonnes of daily processing capacity will be created.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
India GDP grew 4.7 per cent in Q3
- The Indian economy grew 4.7 per cent in the third quarter ended December 31, 2019, the National Statistics Office
- Core sector grows by 2% in January as power generation picks up
- The first quarter GDP growth for this fiscal has been revised upwards to 5.6 per cent, from the 5.1 per cent estimated earlier. The second quarter GDP growth for the current fiscal has also been revised upwards to 5.1 per cent from 4.5 per cent announced earlier.
- The National Statistical Commission (NSC) of India is an autonomous body which formed in June 2005. The NSC is currently headed by Bimal K. Roy, who was appointed as Chairperson of the Commission on 15th July 2019 for a period of three years. Dr. Kiran Pandya, Shri Pulak Ghosh and Dr. Gurucharan Manna are other members of the Commission.
- Shri Amitabh Kant, current CEO of NITI Aayog is the ex-officio Member and Shri Pravin Srivastava, Chief Statistician of India and Secretary, Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation is Secretary to the Commission
- Formed :July 12 2006
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Airtel Payments Bank rolls out Aadhaar enabled payment system
- Airtel Payments Bank stated that it has launched the Aadhaar enabled payment system (AePS) which will help people to do transactions at over 2,50,000 of its banking points across India.
- The system will enable customers, having Aadhaar- linked accounts of any bank, to do transactions at the designated points of the Airtel Payments Bank. It allows customers to carry out transactions by using their Aadhaar number or virtual ID to access their bank accounts.
- The AePS is a bank-led model which allows online interoperable financial transactions at a point of sale (PoS) through business correspondent of any bank using the Aadhaar authentication. The AePS allows six types of transactions, including deposit and withdrawal.
About Airtel Payments Bank:
- CEO: Anubrata Biswas
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
- Founded: 2017
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
US-based healthcare major Providence sets up Global Innovation Centre in Hyderabad
- Providence, a US-based healthcare systems provider, inaugurated its global innovation centre in India with plans to invest up to $100 million and induct more than 2,000 technologists.
- This is, the $26 billion-company’s first development centre outside the US. It plans to start with 350 techies within a year and gradually ramp it to over 2,000 centre within 3-4 years.
- Murali Krishna, Senior Vice-President and Country Manager, Providence India, who joins from Microsoft, will head the global innovation centre. The centre will focus on engineering, data intelligence, digital innovation, professional services, cyber security, application development and tech support.
- The teams will build and innovate with Big Data, artificial intelligence, machine learning, Oracle Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Web Development, Natural Language Processing, Analytics, and other emerging technologies.
Poonawalla Fin and Capital Float tie-up to provide loans to MSMEs
- Poonawalla Finance, part of the $9.8-billion Cyrus Poonawalla Group, has partnered with Capital Float to deliver working capital financing to Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) across India.
- Both companies will co-lend on Capital Float’s co-origination model to deliver last-mile credit to MSMEs.
- Poonawala Finance, which started operations in April 2019, has already crossed AUM of ₹1,500 crore, and is one of the most well-capitalised NBFCs in the country.
- Poonawalla Finance and Capital Float have set a target to disburse more than ₹500 crore over the next 12 months, with a monthly run rate of ₹50 crore. Poonawalla Finance’s systems will be fully integrated with Capital Float’s co-origination platform through APIs to facilitate faster disbursals.
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, a branch of the Government of India, is the apex executive body for the formulation and administration of rules, regulations and laws relating to micro, small and medium enterprises in India.
- Founded: 2007
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Giriraj Singh (MOS independent charge), Nitin Gadkari (Union Minister)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Maharashtra government’s “Smart gram yojana” to be named after ex-minister R R Patil
- The Maharashtra government’s “smart gram yojana” will be named after former Deputy Chief Minister the late R R Patil.
- Since November 2016, the ‘smart gram yojana’ (smart village) is being implemented in the state where awards are given to gram panchayats at taluka and district level for their performance on certain parameters.
- The scheme seeks to transform rural Maharashtra through development initiatives. Villages performing well in a range of areas, including cleanliness, health, education, environment, use of infotech and renewable energy sources, rewarded by the state government.
- Capital- Mumbai
- Chief Minister- Uddhav Bal Thackeray.
- Governor- Bhagat Singh Koshyari.
Haryana CM unveils Rs 1,42,343-crore budget for 2020-21
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar, who also holds the finance portfolio, announced a Rs 1,42,343-crore budget in the state assembly.
- The debt is set to increase to Rs 1.98 lakh crore in 2020-21 as against Rs 1.76 lakh crore in the previous fiscal.
- The expenditure will increase to Rs 1,42,343 crore, a rise by 7.7 per cent.
- Revenue receipts are expected to increase by 15.96 per cent in 2020-21 to Rs 89,964 crore.
- The government has allocated Rs 5,474.25 crore to agriculture, Rs 19,343 crore to education and sports and culture, Rs 6,533 crore to health and medical education, Rs 6,294 crore to rural development and panchayat, Rs 349 crore to industries and Rs 9,000 crore to pensions
- Capital– Chandigarh
- Chief Minister-Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor– Satyadev Narayan Arya
Maharashtra Assembly passes law making Marathi language compulsory for all schools
- Maharashtra government has made Marathi compulsory in schools affiliated with all boards with a fine of Rs 1 lakh for institutions that fail to comply with the directive.
- Maharashtra Assembly unanimously approved a bill making Marathi a compulsory subject in all schools of the state.
- This law will be applicable to all boards like CBSE, CISCE, IB, IGSCE, NIOS
- Marathi language shall be taught as a compulsory subject from classes 1-10 in all schools in the state in a phased manner starting the academic year 2020-21
- The language shall be introduced at class 1 and 6 from the academic year 2020-21 and shall be extended to further classes progressively
- The law also states that no restrictions shall be imposed on speaking Marathi in schools in the state, directly or indirectly
- Marathi teaching and assessment of students in Marathi will be a mandatory condition for granting the government’s no-objection certificate for schools
- The person responsible for the management of school affairs violating provisions of this act shall be liable to pay a penalty of up to Rs 1 Lakh
National Parks in Maharashtra
- Chandoli National Park
- Gugamal National Park
- Pench National Park
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park
- Tadoba National Park
- Navegaon National Park
MP: Two-day unique Chilli Festival begins at Kasrawad in Khargone districtA
- In Madhya Pradesh, the two-day unique Chilli Festival begins at Kasrawad in Khargone district. Chilli Festival is a big business opportunity for traders, investors and exporters. It will also help in fulfilling the Central Government’s goal of doubling the income of farmers. Chilli-based cuisine stalls will also be set up on the occasion.
- Thousands of farmers from many districts of the state are participating in this festival being held in Kasrawad in Khargone district. State Agriculture Minister Sachin Yadav has stated that the festival aims to promote the Nimari brand of chillies.
- Nimar and Malwa regions are the highest chilli producing regions of the state. The red chillies of these regions are exported to China, Pakistan, Malaysia and Saudi Arabia. This year too, 5 lakh 41 thousand 740 MT of green chillies and more than 63 thousand MT of red chillies have been produced in Dhar district.
Recent news related to Madhya pradesh:
- India, ADB sign $490 Mn loan for PPP to upgrade Madhya Pradesh roads
- Union Minister for Food Processing Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated Steel Silo based Avantee Mega Food Park in Dewas, Madhya Pradesh. This is the firs
- Indian Army has successfully test fired two Spike long- range Anti-Tank Missiles from an Infantry School at Mhow, Madhya Pradesh.
- Madhya Pradesh: Sportspersons will get 5% reservation in government jobs
Unique census of migratory birds underway in Kanyakumari district of Tamil Nadu
- A unique census of migratory birds is being undertaken in the Kanyakumari district of Tamil Nadu. The census is unique because it uses both physical sighting as well as indirect clues for deciding the count of migratory birds that visit India during adverse climatic conditions in other countries.
- The two-day census is an attempt to prepare a detailed inventory of various migratory birds that visit Kanyakumari from countries as far distant as Siberia.
- According to Forest Department sources, the bird count is expected to include exotic species like Flamingos from Spain, canaries and pintails from Central Asian countries and pelicans from as far away as Antarctica.
- Kanyakumari Forest Range Officer Prasanna revealed that it is specially notable that this year’s migratory birds enumeration is taking place against the background of the recently concluded COP13 for Migratory Birds, of which India has been selected as President for three years.
About Tamil Nadu
- Chief minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Capital: Chennai
- Governor : Banwarilal purohit
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MERGER AND ACQUISITION
ONGC, HPCL buy 34.56% of bankers’ stake in Petronet MHB for Rs 371 cr
- State-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) and its subsidiary Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd (HPCL) have bought out lenders in Petronet MHB Ltd, the firm that owns a petroleum product pipeline in Mangalore, for about Rs 371 crore.
- A consortium of eight public sector banks held 34.56 per cent stake in Petronet MHB Ltd, where ONGC and HPCL held 32.72 per cent apiece.
- The two firms paid Rs 185.38 crore each for acquiring 17.28 per cent more share in Petronet MHB Ltd.
- Now it holds 49.996 per cent each in the company.
- Petronet MHB Ltd had a networth of Rs 796.30 crore as of March 31, 2019.
- Petronet MHB had revenue from operation of Rs 128.33 crore in 2016-17, which rose to Rs 130.89 crore in 2017-18 and Rs 158.44 crore in the following year.
- HQ- New Delhi
- Chairman & Managing Director -Shashi Shanker
- Headquarters- Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Chairman & Managing Director -Shri Mukesh Kumar Surana.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Film editor Sreekar Prasad enters the limca book of records
- Veteran editor Sreekar Prasad has entered the Limca Book of Records for ‘films edited in most number of languages’.
- He has edited films in 17 languages, namely Tamil, English, Hindi, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Odia, Bengali, Assamese, Punjabi, Nepali, Marathi, Sinhalese, Karbi, Mishing, Bodo, and Pangchenpa.
- Sreekar Prasad holds eight National Awards including a Special Jury Award.
Travellers’ Choice Destination Awards 2020 goes to Kochi
- Kochi has topped the 2020 Travellers’ Choice Destination awards as a ‘trending’ location announced by Tripadvisor, the world’s largest travel site.
- The awards include two new categories: recognising traveller-loved destinations that are on the rise; and Emerging – looking ahead to what’s next – the destinations still ahead of the curve that smart travellers are already saving for their trips on Tripadvisor, a great indicator of up and coming hotspots.
- It is a proud moment for Kerala Tourism that Kochi is named the world’s number one Trending Destination on Tripadvisor. It is to the credit of excellent tourism marketing and promotion strategy of government and enterprising tourism industry partners.
- This achievement will propel Kochi and Kerala to great heights in the tourism sector stated Kadakampally Surendran, the State Tourism Minister.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
International Conference on Alternate Medicines Concludes at Delhi
- The two-day International Conference on Standardisation of Diagnosis and Terminologies in Ayurveda, Unani and Siddha Systems of Medicine concluded in New Delhi recently with adopting the “New Delhi Declaration on Collection and Classification of Traditional Medicine (TM) Diagnostic Data”.
- The sixteen countries which came together for the cause of Traditional Medicine at this conference are Sri Lanka, Mauritius, Serbia, Curacao, Cuba, Myanmar, Equatorial Guinea, Qatar, Ghana, Bhutan, Uzbekistan, India, Switzerland, Iran, Jamaica and Japan.
- ICoSDiTAUS-2020 is the biggest ever international event dedicated to standardisation of Diagnosis and Terminologies of Traditional Medicine in terms of the broad level of participation covering virtually all the continents.
Several topics discussed in the conference
- The challenges in Counting and classification of traditional medicine encounters
- Adapting ICD to TM Systems and their implementation
- Relevance and regulation of Traditional Medicine in Health Systems
Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurates the 11th National Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) Conference
- The Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, Rural Development & Panchayati Raj, Shri Narendra Singh Tomarinaugurated the 11th National Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) Conference -2020 in New Delhi.
- The theme of the three day national conference is ‘Empowering Youth for Technology Led Farming’.
- The KVK national conference will mainly highlight technology-led farming and youth entrepreneurship through agriculture which will be attended by all the KVKs across India.
- eNAM portal has been created so that the farmer gets better price for his produce. Already 585 Mandis have boarded the eNAM platform and another 415 Mandis will be added in due course. More than Rs.91,000 crore of eVyapar (e-trade) has been performed on the eNAM.
- The Government aims to set up at least two Farmer Producer Organisations (FPOs) in each block. There are three factors that have contributed to surplus foodgrains, – primarily the farmers’ labour, secondly the role of agricultural scientists, labs and universities and thirdly the central and state governments’ farmer welfare policies, schemes and incentives.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
MP, Odisha top performers in digitising land records: NCAER
- Madhya Pradesh, is the best performing state in in terms of digitising land records, followed by Odisha, according to the NCAER Land Records and Services Index.
- Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, and Tamil Nadu are the other states in the top five. The National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) released India’s first land records and services index.
- From sixth to tenth position, are West Bengal, Jharkhand, Rajasthan, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, respectively.
- While Union Territory (UT) of Ladakh ranked at bottom at 33rd position with a score of 2.0.
- The index is based on data collected over 2019-20 on two aspects of the supply of land records-the extent of digitisation of land records and the quality of these land records.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Seventeen new planets, including one Earth-sized habitable world discovered
- Astronomers have discovered 17 new planets, including a potentially habitable Earth-sized world, by combing through data gathered by NASA’s Kepler space telescope which was launched in 2009, and retired in October 2018.
- According to the researchers, including Michelle Kunimoto from the University of British Columbia in Canada, the Kepler satellite, over its original four-year mission, looked for planets, especially those lying in the potentially habitable “Goldilocks Zone” of their stars, where liquid water could exist on a rocky planet’s surface.
- The current findings, published in The Astronomical Journal, include one such rare planet named KIC-7340288 b.
- This planet, the researchers stated, is just one and a half times the size of the Earth — small enough to be considered rocky, instead of gaseous like the giant planets of the Solar System, and in the habitable zone of its star. The study noted that the planet has a year that is 142 and a half days long, orbiting its star at 0.444 Astronomical Units (AU, the distance between Earth and the Sun) — just bigger than Mercury’s orbit in our Solar System.
- The planet gets about a third of the light that the Earth gets from the Sun, the scientists noted.
- Of the other 16 new planets discovered, the researchers stated, the smallest is only two-thirds the size of the Earth — one of the smallest planets to be found with Kepler so far.
Scientists discover animal that doesn’t survive on oxygen
- Scientists have discovered an animal that does not need oxygen to produce energy needed for its survival, a finding that changes one of science’s assumptions about the animal world.
- The tiny, less than 10-celled parasite Henneguya salminicola lives in salmon muscle. As it evolved, the animal, which is a relative of jellyfish and corals, gave up breathing and consuming oxygen — or became anaerobic — to produce energy.
- Some other organisms like fungi, amoebas or ciliate lineages in anaerobic environments have lost the ability to breathe over time, the researchers stated.The new study demonstrates that the same can happen to an animal — possibly because the parasite happens to live in an anaerobic environment, they stated.
- The researchers noted that the parasite’s anaerobic nature was an accidental discovery.
- While assembling the Henneguya genome, Huchon found that it did not include a mitochondrial genome.
- The mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell where oxygen is captured to make energy, so its absence indicated that the animal was not breathing oxygen.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
KIUG 2020: Savitribai Phule Pune University consolidates its position at top; claims 3 gold medals in Weightlifting, Wrestling
- Savitribai Phule Pune University consolidated their position at the top by claiming three gold medals at the Khelo India University Games in
- Mahesh Datta Asawale and Prajkta Ravindra Khalkar won gold in weightlifting competition, while Jyotiba Bajrang Atkale bagged a yellow metal in wrestling for the Pune varsity.
- While Punjab University (Chandigarh) in on the second position, Jain University (Bengaluru) is at the third place with eight gold medals each.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Larsen & Toubro built 5th offshore patrol vessel ICGS Varad commissioned into India Coast Guard
- Larsen & Toubro built offshore patrol vessel ICGS Varad was commissioned into the Indian Coast Guard.
- ICGS Varad set a record in Indian shipping industry by becoming the first major defence ship to clear all Sea Acceptance Trails in a single sea sortie, underlining the high quality of design and construction of these ships.
- The vessel is the fifth in the series of seven offshore patrol vessels contracted by Ministry of Defence on Larsen & Toubro in March 2015.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Eminent historian Shadakshari Settar passes away
- Renowned historian 85-years old Prof Shadakshari Settar (S Settar) passed away.
- He worked as a professor in Dharwad, served as director of National Museum Institute of the History of Art, Conservation and Museology.
- He also served as president of Indian Council of Historical Research, Dr S Radhakrishnan Chair at the NIAS, worked as visiting professor to many foreign universities and later professor emeritus.
JD(U)’s Vamikinagar MP Baidyanath Prasad Mahto passes away
- Janata Dal(United)’s Lok Sabha Member Baidyanath Prasad Mahto from Vamikinagar Parliamentary Constituency passed away evening while undergoing treatment at AIIMS in Delhi.
- He was 72 and elected to Lok Sabha from Vamikinagar in 2009 and 2019 as Janata DaL(United) candidate.
- He was deputy leader of the Janata Dal(United) in the current Lok Sabha.
DAILY CA 28TH FEB
- National Science Day is celebrated in India on 28 February each year
- FM Nirmala Sitharaman launches Ease 3.0 for tech-enabled banking
- Facebook cancels its annual F8 developers conference
- Atal Innovation Mission Labs, NITI & NASSCOM partner to bring AI modules to Indian schools
- Axis Bank appoints Puneet Sharma as CFO
- IndusInd Bank announces Sumant Kathpalia as new MD and CEO
- IndiGo, HDFC Bank tie-up to launch co-branded credit card with Mastercard
- Akademi award for English translation of ‘Kusumabale’
- Union Food Processing Industries Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal Launched Market Intelligence and Early Warning System (MIEWS)
- Govt to host Artificial Intelligence Summit ‘RAISE 2020’ in April
- Enhancing Energy Cooperation in the BIMSTEC region held in Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Samsung Mobile is India’s most desired brand for the fourth time
- Offshore Patrol Vessel-6 “VAJRA” is launched at Chennai
- India’s annual defence exports to touch Rs 35,000 crore by 2024
- Former Tamil Nadu Minister and DMK MLA KPP Samy passes away
- Centenarian scholar, freedom fighter Sudhakar Chaturvedi passes away
DAILY CA 29TH FEB
- PM to launch 10,000 Farmer Producer Organizations; also to lay foundation stone for Bundelkhand Expressway
- NITI Aayog selects J&K for first pilot project among all States and UTs on Sustainable Developmental Goals
- Minister Arjun Munda launched Programme for Capacity Building of ST Representatives in LSG in Odisha
- Government Approves Rs 162 crore under ‘Operation Greens’ Scheme
- India GDP grew 7 per cent in Q3
- Airtel Payments Bank rolls out Aadhaar enabled payment system
- US-based healthcare major Providence sets up Global Innovation Centre in Hyderabad
- Poonawalla Fin and Capital Float tie-up to provide loans to MSMEs
- Maharashtra government’s “Smart gram yojana” to be named after ex-minister R R Patil
- Haryana CM unveils Rs 1,42,343-crore budget for 2020-21
- Maharashtra Assembly passes law making Marathi language compulsory for all schools
- MP: Two-day unique Chilli Festival begins at Kasrawad in Khargone district
- Unique census of migratory birds underway in Kanyakumari district of Tamil Nadu
- ONGC, HPCL buy 34.56% of bankers’ stake in Petronet MHB for Rs 371 cr
- Film editor Sreekar Prasad enters the limca book of records
- Travellers’ Choice Destination Awards 2020 goes to Kochi
- International Conference on Alternate Medicines Concludes at Delhi
- Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurates the 11th National Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) Conference
- MP, Odisha top performers in digitising land records: NCAER
- Seventeen new planets, including one Earth-sized habitable world discovered
- Scientists discover animal that doesn’t survive on oxygen
- KIUG 2020: Savitribai Phule Pune University consolidates its position at top; claims 3 gold medals in Weightlifting, Wrestling
- Larsen & Toubro built 5th offshore patrol vessel ICGS Varad commissioned into India Coast Guard
- Eminent historian Shadakshari Settar passes away
- JD(U)’s Vamikinagar MP Baidyanath Prasad Mahto passes away