Dear Readers, Exam Race for the Year 2019 has already started, To enrich your preparation here we are providing new series of Practice Questions on English– Section for CWC/FCI Exam. Aspirants, practice these questions on a regular basis to improve your score in aptitude section. Start your effective preparation from the right beginning to get success in upcoming CWC/FCI Exam.[WpProQuiz 5903]
Directions (1-10): Fill in the blanks with the correct option that fills all the three blanks properly.
1) ___________the first-formed solids of the solar system were the calcium aluminum-rich inclusions (CAI). The CAIs are nearly 4.567 billion years old. They ___________the refractory components within meteorites with irregular shape and are predominantly ___________of oxides and silicates of calcium and aluminum.
a) Before, becoming, comprised
b) After, become, comprised
c) Across, becomes, composing
d) Between, become, composed
e) Among, become, composed
2) Since beryllium-10 __________a very long half life of about 1.38 million years, it is possible that a part of it could ___________created in any of the above processes. Therefore, studying beryllium-10 does not clearly ____________which of the three hypotheses is correct.
a) Has, having been, indicated
b) Have had, have, indicated
c) Has, have been, indicate
d) Have, is, indicates
e) Have been, will be indicates
3) Hyderabad’s Rajiv Gandhi Stadium ____________as the standby venue for the Indian Premier League’s playoff and the final on May 12 if the impasse ___________three closed ____________ the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai is not over.
a) Remains, regarded, at
b) Shall remains, regarding, into
c) Would remain, regards, under
d) Will remain, regarding, at
e) Would be remaining, regarded, through
4) The application has said that the Centre ___________returning of acquired land to Ram Janambhoomi Nyas and that there are many temples on the ____________land and their rights would be affected if the land ____________to one party.
a) Has proposed , acquired ,is returned
b) Had proposed, acquiring, has been returned
c) Proposes, acquires, is returned
d) Has been proposed, acquiring, returned
e) Have proposed, acquired, returned
5) The Allahabad High Court in 2010 had ___________that 2.77-acre disputed land at Ram Janambhoomi-Babri Masjid site would be ___________into three equal parts and will be ___________over to — Nirmohi Akhara, Sunni Waqf Board, and Ram Lalla.
a) Ordered, dividend, will be handed
b) Ruled, broken, granted
c) Ruled out, divided, will be handed
d) Decided, divided, handed
e) Ordered, dividend, granted
6) The Centre’s ____________to the Supreme Court to allow it to return the ____________ land it had acquired around the disputed site in Ayodhya in 1993 is not ____________; nor is it justified at this juncture.
a) Request, independent, innovative
b) Orders, pious, harrowing
c) Request, superfluous, innocuous
d) Requested, superimposing, harmful
e) Orders, disputed, horrifying
7) The court had noted that the adjacent area ___________so that the party that succeeds is not denied the fruits of its success by those in the adjacent areas __________denial of access. It had said the status quo was required to avoid reigniting communal passions ____________ to the spirit of communal harmony.
a) Have been acquiring, thorough, detrimental
b) Has been acquired, into, decisive
c) Had been acquired, through, detrimental
d) Had acquiring, across, fruitful
e) Had acquired, to, futile
8) If the _____________ champion finds a way to come out on top on Tuesday, it could also _________some momentum for the next two weeks in which the team will play four away games and set itself a target to get closer to _________the playoffs yet again.
a) Losing, enables, making
b) Winner, growing, rendering
c) Defensive, building makes
d) Defending, built, making
e) Defending, build, making
9) The Supreme Court’s verdict, along with recent CCEA, MoP and MoC notifications _____________the recommendations of the high level ___________committee, will provide much needed respite and impetus to ___________reform in the power sector.
a) Implementing, empowered, regulatory
b) Suggesting, enabled, regulation
c) Implementation, empowered, regulatory
d) commanded, authorized, regular
e) Implementation, empowered, regulation
10) The central bank said the output gap ____________negative and the domestic economy was facing headwinds, especially on the global front. “The need is to ___________domestic growth impulses by spurring private investment that has remained __________,” it said.
a) Stays, rising, weakened
b) Remained, strengthen, sluggish
c) remains, lowering, lethargic
d) Staying, produce, sluggish
e) Remains, defend, weakened
Direction (1-10) :
1) Answer: e)
Among, become, composed
Among is used when considering more than two entities, while between is used while considering only 2 entities.
2) Answer: c)
has , have been ,indicate
Options b) , d) and e) are discarded easily. c) has the correct combination of choices.
3) Answer: d)
will remain, regarding, at
Out of options a) and d), option d) is suitable. Other choices are eliminated as the suitable preposition here would be ‘at’.
4) Answer: a)
has proposed, acquired , is returned
Options d) & e) are easily eliminated. Only option a) represents the correct form of verb.
5) Answer: d)
decided, divided, handed
The sentence is an example of past perfect tense, so only option d) is suitable here.
6) Answer: c)
request, superfluous, innocuous
Innocuous means harmless or innocent. Superfluous means redundant or unnecessary.
7) Answer: c)
had been acquired, through, detrimental
Detrimental means damaging or injurious. Option c) is correct.
8) Answer: e)
defending, build, making
Out of options d) and e), e) has the correct form of verb to be used in the passage.
9) Answer: a)
implementing, empowered, regulatory
The sentence tells about the implementation or application of the recommendations, so a) is correct.
10) Answer: b)
remained, strengthen, sluggish
The sentence talks about the need to give impetus to domestic growth, hence option b) is suitable.