Farm Bill 2020 PDF:
Get the complete details of the farm bill 2020 pdf here. In this article, we have given complete details regarding the farm bill 2020 pdf download. The farm Bill 2020 pdf was introduced in Lok Sabha on 14 September 2020. It was passed in Lok Sabha on 17 September 2020. This farm bill 2020 pdf was introduced by Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar. Here you can refer to the complete details of the farm bill 2020 pdf. In this two agricultural reform bills are included. Check all the details in the farm bill 2020 pdf download.
The two agricultural Reform bills:
- Farmers ( Empowerment and Protection) Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Services Bill 2020
- Farmers Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Bill, 2020
Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Services Bill 2020 PDF:
This farm Bill 2020 pdf makes provisions for the fixing up of a framework for contract farming through an agreement between a farmer and a buyer before the production or rearing of any farm produces.
- To transfer the risk of market unpredictability from farmers to sponsors.
- To reduce Cost of Marketing and boost Farmer’s Income.
- To access Modern tech and find better Inputs.
- The minimum period of the farming agreement shall be for one crop season or one production cycle of livestock.
- The maximum period of the Farming agreement shall be five years.
- Marginal and small farmers with land less than five hectares to gain via aggregation and contract.
- Can engage in Direct Marketing by eliminating intermediaries for full price realization.
- It provides a template at the national level of farming agreements, with relation to agribusiness, processing, and therefore the entire range of services including wholesalers, exporters, and large retailers for the sale of farming produce at a mutually pre-agreed price.
- Farmers in contract farming arrangements will be the weaker players in terms of their ability to negotiate what they need
- The sponsors may not like to deal with a multitude of small and marginal farmers
Farmers Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Bill, 2020:
This farm bill 2020 pdf permits intra and inter-state trade of farmers’ produce beyond the physical premises of Agricultural Produce Market Committee (APMC) markets and other markets notified under the state APMC Acts.
APMC- An Agricultural Produce Market Committee (APMC) is a marketing board established by state governments in India to ensure farmers are safeguarded from exploitation by large retailers, as well as ensuring the farm to retail price spread does not reach excessively high levels.
- To provide a facilitative framework for electronic trading.
- To reduce marketing/transportation costs.
- To promote barrier-free interstate and intrastate trade of farmers’ produce.
- It facilitates lucrative prices for the farmers.
- It allows farmers to trade outside the trade area.
- Intended to expand and open the agricultural market to non-public investors.
- It may end the Minimum Support Price based procurement system.
- States will lose revenue as they won’t be able to collect ‘mandi fees’ if farmers sell their produce outside the registered APMC market.
Essential Commodities (Amendment) Act 2020:
It is an act of the Indian Parliament that was enacted in 1955. The Bill was introduced in Lok Sabha on 14 September 2020, passed in Lok Sabha on 15 September 2020.
It is to make sure that the delivery of certain commodities or products, the availability of which if obstructed due to hoarding or black-marketing would affect the life of the people. This includes foodstuff, drugs, fuel (petroleum products), etc.
- Bringing Price stability.
- Cut wastage of farm produce.
- The Ordinance provides that the Central government may regulate or prohibit the availability of certain food items including cereals, pulses, potato, onions, edible oilseeds, and oils only under extraordinary circumstances like war, natural calamities, famine, price rise.
- This provision will attract private sector/FDI into the farm sector because it will remove fears of private investors of excessive regulatory interference in business operations.
Here we have added some FAQs regarding the farm bill 2020 pdf.
Q: What are the 3 bills passed for farmers?
- The Farmers Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Act, 2020.
- The Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement of Price Assurance and Farm Services Act, 2020.
- The Essential Commodities (Amendment) Act, 2020.
Q: What is the full form of AMPC?
A: The full form of AMPC is Agricultural Produce Market Committee.
Q: What is the full form for MSP?
A: The full form for MSP is Minimum Support Price.
General Awareness is an important section in most competitive exams like Bank, SSC and Railways. This section plays a vital role to decide the winners of every competitive exam. So, candidates preparing for the general awareness section is most important to gain good marks in the general awareness section. This section mostly consists of current affairs questions.