GATE 2020 Exam: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE 2019 Exam Notification Announced!!! Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) Delhi is the main authority of conducting the GATE Exam in India. Every year they had announced and conducted the GATE Exam throughout India. GATE 2020 Exam dates will be February 1, 2, 8 and 9 in two sessions. The GATE 2020 Application form will get activated from September 3, 2019, only in online mode. Candidates those who are having the interest shall refer to the official notification to know the eligibility and selection process. The final date for the submission of an application form gets ends on September 24, 2019. So Interested candidates should submit your application form on or before the last date. Here we have provided the details regarding the upcoming GATE Exam.
GATE 2020 will be conducted for 25 papers. The entrance exam is a computer-based one, held in two sessions per day. Scores obtained from the exam will be valid for a period of three years from the date of the release of the result. The qualifying cutoff marks for each GATE paper will be different. The qualifying cutoff marks will be announced by an IIT Delhi in the scorecard. By using the score candidates can get the admissions in IITs and NITs.
GATE 2020 Exam Details
GATE Exam Details
|Name of an Organization||IIT Delhi|
|Name of an Exam||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Participating Organization||IIT (Bombay, Delhi, Kanpur, Guwahati, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) & IISC Bangalore|
GATE 2020 Important Dates:
- Starting Date to Apply Online: 03-09-2019
- Final Date for the Submission of an online Application: 24-09-2019
- Extended Closing Date for Submission of an Online Application: 01-10-2019
- The Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable): 15-11-2019
- Admit Cards released on 03-01-2020
- GATE Exam Dates: 01, 02, 08 & 09-02-2020
- Date of Announcement of the Results: 16-03-2020
GATE Eligibility Criteria: Age Limit
There is no age limit for the GATE exam. So candidates from any age group can apply for the exam.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree (after 10+2) in BE/B. Tech, B.Arch, B.Sc from a state/central government, recognized institution.
- Applicants should have the Bachelor’s or equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 45%.
- Candidates studying in the final year of Bachelor’s or equivalent are also eligible for making an application.
- Applicants who possess a postgraduate degree engineering, technology, mathematics, science or health science branches can also take the exam
Candidates who are satisfied the above-listed eligibility criteria shall start The registration cum application process would start from September 3, 2019.
GATE 2020 Exam: Application Fee Details
|S.No||Category||On/Before September 24, 2019||During the Extended Period|
|1||General/OBC||Rs. 1200||Rs. 2000|
|2||SC/ST||Rs. 750||Rs. 1250|
|3||Females||Rs. 750||Rs. 1250|
GATE 2019 Exam Pattern:
|S.No||Sections||No of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|1||General Aptitude||65||100||180 Minutes|
|3||Discipline opted by the candidate|
* Indicates Engineering Mathematics would not be a part for some of the disciplines. They are
- Architecture and Planning: AR
- Chemistry: CY
- Ecology and Evolution: EY
- Geology and Geophysics: CG
- Mathematics: MA
- Physics: PH
- Statistics: ST
- Biochemistry, Botany, Microbiology, Zoology, Food Technology: XL
GATE 2020 Exam: Important Links
Official Site: Click Here to Visit Official Website of GATE Exam 2020
Notification: Click Here to View Official Notification of GATE Exam
Syllabus: Click Here to View Syllabus of GATE Exam
Important Dates: Click Here to View Important Dates for GATE Exam
Apply Online: Click Here to Apply Online for GATE 2020 Exam
GATE Exam Study Materials:
|1||Quantitative Aptitude||R.S. Aggarwal|
|2||Verbal Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|3||Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|4||Previous years GATE paper (solved)||Arihant Publications|
How to apply for GATE 2020 Exam?
- Candidates kindly visit the official site iitd.ac.in.
- You will get into the official site.
- In the home page, there will be a link regarding the latest notification.
- Click on that you will get into the respective page.
- In that find the exact link regarding the upcoming GATE exam.
- Click on this you will get the official notification.
- Refer the notification to know your eligibility criteria and recruitment process.
- Start your application process after the activation of the link.
- Fill all the mandatory fields.
- Submit your application on or before the last date.