Dear Aspirants, As we all know the importance of LIC AAO General Awareness section. Because it a a very easy scoring part only when you are updated on every day. So, IG team has taken majestic step to make you score more in the LIC AAO General Awareness Part. We amalgamated Banking awareness and Static Gk sections to make you score more. The Aspirants can make use of it, to improve score in LIC AAO General awareness part. Start the Quiz to know your level in LIC AAO General Awareness Section. Validate and enhance your skill by practicing more.[WpProQuiz 6360]
1) ___________ is currency that moves regularly, and quickly, between financial markets, so investors ensure they are getting the highest short-term interest rates available.
a) Fire Money
b) Ice Money
c) Cold Money
d) Frozen Money
e) Hot Money
2) CRISIL is a ___________________.
a) Banking supervisory agency
b) Small Finance Bank
c) Internet banking portal
d) Credit Rating Agency
e) Investment Fund
3) IFSC code is used to identify the specific branch taking part in the four primary Electronic Funds Settlement Systems in India. _________ is not a part of these four systems.
a) Electronic Clearing System (ECS)
b) Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS)
c) National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT)
d) Immediate Payment Service Systems (IMPS)
e) Centralised Funds Management System (CFMS)
4) Banks whose assets exceed by what percentage of GDP are considered as ‘Domestic Systemically Important Bank (D-SIB)’ by Reserve Bank of India.
5) The first pillar under Basel II framework talks about ______________.
a) Supervisory Review
b) Disclosure Norms
c) Market Discipline
d) Minimum Capital Requirements
e) Payment Systems
6) World Wetland Day is celebrated on ________ every year.
a) 1 January
b) 2 February
c) 3 March
d) 4 April
e) 5 June
7) Rosa Thermal Power Plant is a coal-fired power plant. It is located in___________.
a) Uttar Pradesh
c) Tamil Nadu
8) Fernando Torres is a famous Spanish sports player associated with which sport?
9) Headquarters of APEC (Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation) is located at which place?
d) Port Louis
10) “Kathak” is a classical dance form of which of the following regions in India?
e) None of the above
1) Answer: e)
Hot money is currency that moves regularly, and quickly, between financial markets, so investors ensure they are getting the highest short-term interest rates available.
It refers to funds that are controlled by investors who actively seek short-term returns.
Hot money continuously shifts from countries with low-interest rates to those with higher rates; these financial transfers affect the exchange rate if there is a high sum and also potentially impact a country’s balance of payments.
2) Answer: d)
Indian credit rating industry has evolved over a period of time.
Indian credit rating industry mainly comprises of CRISIL, ICRA, CARE, ONICRA, FITCH & SMERA. CRISIL is the largest credit rating agency in India, with a market share of greater than 60%.
It is a full-service rating agency offering its services in manufacturing, service, financial and SME sectors.
3) Answer: a)
IFSC stands for Indian Financial System Code. It is a 11-digit alpha-numeric code that uniquely identifies a bank branch participating in any RBI regulated funds transfer system. The IFSC code helps to transfer money using,
- Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS)
- National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT)
- Immediate Payment Service Systems (IMPS)
- Centralised Funds Management System (CFMS)
4) Answer: b)
‘Domestic-Systematically Important Bank (D-SIB)’ means that the bank is too big to fail.
According to the RBI, some banks become systemically important due to their size, cross-jurisdictional activities, complexity and lack of substitute and interconnection. Banks whose assets exceed 2% of GDP are considered part of this group.
The RBI stated that should such a bank fail, there would be significant disruption to the essential services they provide to the banking system and the overall economy.
5) Answer: d)
The Basel Committee’s revised framework is based on the following three pillars,
- First Pillar- Minimum Capital Requirement
- Second Pillar- Supervisory Review Process
- Third Pillar- Market Discipline
6) Answer: b)
World Wetlands Day occurs annually on February 2nd, marking the date of the adoption of the Convention on Wetlands (RAMSAR convention) on February 2, 1971.
It was established to raise awareness about the value of wetlands for humanity and the planet.
7) Answer: a)
Rosa Thermal Power Plant is located in Uttar Pradesh. Narora Atomic Power Station, Rihand Thermal Power Station, Anpara Thermal Power Station are also located in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
Chandrapur TPS – Maharashtra
Chhabra TPS – Rajasthan
8) Answer: b)
Fernando Torres is a famous Spanish football player.
9) Answer: c)
Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) headquartered at Singapore, is an inter-governmental forum for 21 Pacific Rim member economies that promotes free trade throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Kathak is the Hindi name for one of the eight major forms of Indian classical dance. The origin of Kathak is traditionally attributed to the traveling bards of ancient northern India known as Kathakars or storytellers.
Related Articles :