Dear Aspirants, As we all know the importance of IBPS PO & Clerk General Awareness section. Because it a a very easy scoring part only when you are updated on every day. So, IG team has taken majestic step to make you score more in the IBPS PO & Clerk General Awareness Part. We amalgamated Banking awareness and Static Gk sections to make you score more. The Aspirants can make use of it, to improve score in IBPS PO & Clerk General awareness part. Start the Quiz to know your level in IBPS PO & Clerk General Awareness Section. Validate and enhance your skill by practicing more.[WpProQuiz 7464]
1) What is the name of Delhi Police’s anti-street crime vans deployed in the national capital to deter crimes against women and street crimes?
2) Which state government has brought around 2,209 panchayats under natural farming under Prakritik Kheti Khushal Kisan Yojana?
A) Uttar Pradesh
D) Himachal Pradesh
3) Which organization undertook IndiGen Genome project (whole-genome sequencing of thousands of individuals)?
C) IIT Madras
D) Ministry of Science and Technology
4) How many people was part of the delegation from the European Union to Kashmir in order to assess the ground situation?
5) Which Indian city established a Guinness Record with the largest display of earthen lamps (4 lakh) ever achieved?
6) Which state has launched “Mukhya Mantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana” to encourage girl child birth?
C) Uttar Pradesh
D) Himachal Pradesh
7) When was the Damodar Valley Corporation project (also the first multipurpose river valley project) was launched in India?
8) Which country is related to the October revolution?
9) Which bank has the slogan of “Badti ka naam zindagi”?
A) ICICI Bank
B) Bandhan Bank
C) Axis Bank
D) Yes Bank
E) HDFC Bank
10) Which India city has become the 1st one to achieve Kerosene free status ?
11) Defcom 2019, a symposium on aspects pertaining to Information and Communications Technology (ICT), is being held in which Indian city?
D) New Delhi
12) Which Latin American country has, in October, allowed Indians to visit for tourism or business purposes without a Visa?
13) Last week of which month is celebrated as Vigilance Awareness Week under the aegis of Central Vigilance Commission (CVC)?
14) India has drafted a memorandum of understanding to create a trans-boundary wildlife conservation ‘peace park’ with which two other countries?
A) Bhutan and Bangladesh
B) Nepal and Bhutan
C) Bangladesh and Myanmar
D) Myanmar and Bhutan
E) Nepal and China
15) Which multilateral development bank signed an agreement with the Indian government to provide a $200 million loan to upgrade rural roads to all-weather standards in 34 districts of Maharashtra?
A) World Bank
B) Asian Development Bank
C) New Development Bank
D) European Investment Bank
E) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
1) Answer: A
The anti-street crime vans are specially designed and equipped with the latest gadgets for quick transmission of information about any crime. Besides the wireless set each ‘PRAKHAR’ van is also equipped with Mobile Data Terminal (MDT) with inbuilt GPS.
2) Answer: D
A total of 2,209 panchayats out of the total 3,226 have been brought under the ambit of natural farming in Himachal Pradesh. Natural farming is a technique of farming that requires no ploughing or tilting or use of chemical fertilizers. A target of training 50,000 farmers has been fixed for this year. As many as 20,579 farmers have been trained out of which 15,391 have started practising natural farming in their fields,
3) Answer: A
The initiative was implemented by the CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (IGIB), Delhi and CSIR-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB), Hyderabad. A very significant project as Nearly 10,000 diseases — including cystic fibrosis, thalassemia — are known to be the result of a single gene malfunctioning.
4) Answer: D
A 28 member delegation from European Union met PM Modi on October 28, 2019, and visited Kashmir on October 29, 2019. This is the first trip to the region by a foreign delegation after India revoked Article 370 and integrated Kashmir with the rest of the country.
5) Answer: B
On October 26, 2019, in the city of Ayodhya 4 lakh earthen lamps were lit along the banks of Sarayu river. The Guinness World Record began in 1955. It is a book of World Records that is published annually listing human achievements and extremes of the natural world. It is published in 100 countries in 23 languages. The Sarayu river flows through the Indian states of Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand. It is formed at the confluence of rivers karnali and mahakali. It is a tributary of River Ganges.
6) Answer: C
CM Yogi Adityanath launched the scheme in Lucknow. The scheme will provide Rs 15,000 to every family where a girl child is born. It will be released in a phased manner. The funds will be released when the girl child completes various milestones like vaccination, admission to class 1, 5, 9 and graduation. The Kanya Sumangala web portal was also launched along with the scheme.
7) Answer: B
Damodar Valley Corporation, popularly known as DVC, is the first multipurpose river valley project of independent India. The corporation came into being on July 7, 1948 by an Act of the constituent Assembly of India (Act No. XIV of 1948). It is modelled on the Tennessee Valley Authority of the USA.
8) Answer: D
The October Revolution was a revolution in Russia led by the Bolshevik Party of Vladimir Lenin that was instrumental in the larger Russian Revolution of 1917–23. It took place through an armed insurrection in Petrograd on 25 October.
9) Answer: C
The bank was founded in December 1993, as UTI Bank, opening its registered office in Ahmedabad and corporate office in Mumbai. UTI Bank began its operations in 1993, after the Government of India allowed new private banks to be established. With effect from 30 July 2007, UTI Bank changed its name to Axis Bank.
10) Answer: C
In 2016 Chandigarh became the 1st Indian city to achieve kerosene free status. The Petroleum Ministry with the help of Chandigarh Administration carried out a massive “LPG adoption” campaign in order to encourage consumers to switch to LPG from kerosene.
11) Answer: D
DEFCOM seminar is jointly organized by Corps of Signals and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII). The seminar stresses the need for the three services to be able to seamlessly communicate with each other from the strategic to tactical level. Over the years, the most crucial role played by DEFCOM was in promoting collaboration between armed forces and industry in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) domain.
12) Answer: D
Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro said that the South American nation will drop its requirement that visiting Chinese and Indian tourists or businesspeople obtain visas. This was the first time the Brazilian government has expanded that policy to the developing world.
Indians now have Visa-free access to a number of Latin American countries like Bolivia, Ecuador, Haiti, Guyana etc.
13) Answer: D
Last week of October is observed as Vigilance Awareness Week under the aegis of Central Vigilance Commission (CVC). This year, the week falls from 28th October 2019 to 2nd November 2019. Theme: Integrity-a way of life.
14) Answer: B
The park will be an extension of the Manas park. The initiative was started by India keeping in view the migratory wildlife species in the region, especially elephants. Manas National Park is a UNESCO Natural World Heritage site, Project tiger reserve and a biosphere reserve. The park is contiguous with the Royal Manas National Park of Bhutan and is located on the Manas river, a major tributary of Brahmaputra.
15) Answer: B
The project will improve the condition of about 2,100 kilometre of rural roads to all-weather standards, with climate resilience and safety features, connecting rural communities with productive agricultural areas and socio-economic centres Asian. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines.