Dear Aspirants, As we all know the importance of IBPS PO & Clerk General Awareness section. Because it a a very easy scoring part only when you are updated on every day. So, IG team has taken majestic step to make you score more in the IBPS PO & Clerk General Awareness Part. We amalgamated Banking awareness and Static Gk sections to make you score more. The Aspirants can make use of it, to improve score in IBPS PO & Clerk General awareness part. Start the Quiz to know your level in IBPS PO & Clerk General Awareness Section. Validate and enhance your skill by practicing more.[WpProQuiz 7484]
1) The ninth India-US Defence Technologies and Trade Initiative (DTTI) group meeting is scheduled to happen in which city?
a) New Delhi
b) Washington DC
c) New York
2) On October 31, 2019, which Indian institute for higher education announced its Endowment Fund?
a) IIT Madras
b) IISC Bangalore
c) IIT Delhi
d) IIM Ahmedabad
e) IIT Kharagpur
3) Bali Jatra, scheduled to begin on 12 November 2019, one of the biggest trade fairs of India is held in which Indian state?
c) Andhra Pradesh
4)The Reserve Bank of India’s task force on the development of the secondary market for corporate loans is headed by which person?
a) Ajit Datta
b) S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao
c) Ravneet Gill
d) T N Manoharan
e) Harsh Vardhan
5) Which bank has become India’s first bank to deploy robotic arms to count currency notes at its currency chest?
b) Bank of Baroda
c) HDFC Bank
d) ICICI Bank
e) Axis Bank
6) The 3-day long Neermahal Jal Utsav concluded with eye-catching boat race and swimming competitions at Rudrasagar lake, where is the festival held?
a) Himachal Pradesh
7) The Multi Commodity Exchange of India (MCX) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for co-operation and the exchange of information with which other exchange?
a) Chicago Board Options Exchange
b) Zhengzhou Commodity Exchange (ZCE)
c) New York Board of Trade
d) Cayman Islands Stock Exchange
e) PFTS Ukraine Stock Exchange
8) RBI has chosen which software developer for development of an application which will enable visually impaired people to identify currency notes?
a) Unified Infotech
b) Fingent Software
c) Hidden Brains Software
d) Iflexion Software
e) Daffodil Software
9) Indian Army conducted a Joint Military Exercise called ‘Ekuverin’ at Aundh Military Station in Pune, Maharashtra with which country?
d) Sri Lanka
10) NASA astronauts Jessica Meir and __ made history when they ventured outside the International Space Station (ISS) for first-ever all women spacewalk.
a) Anne McClain
b) Peggy Whitson
c) Christina Koch
d) Tracy Caldwell
e) Kathryn D. Sullivan
11) Losar is a hugely important festival marking the Tibetian New year is celebrated in which North-Eastern state?
d) Arunachal Pradesh
12) As per the India Innovation Index (III) 2019 released by NITI Aayog, which state has emerged as the Most Innovative State among Major States?
a) Tamil Nadu
e) Uttar Pradesh
13) The United Nations declared which date as the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty (IDEP)?
a) October 30
b) October 17
c) October 2
d) October 7
e) October 23
14) Indian Space Research Organization’s Reusable Launch Vehicle was tested in which Indian state?
a) Andhra Pradesh
c) Tamil Nadu
15) Which country has announced the establishment of first graduate-level, research-based Artificial Intelligence (AI) university in the world?
e) South Korea
1) Answer: A
DTTIs main aim includes strengthening India’s defence industrial base, exploring new areas of technological development and expanding U.S-India business ties. DTTI initiative is led by Undersecretary of Defence for Acquisition and Sustainment from US and Secretary for Defence Protection from India.
2) Answer: C
(IIT) Delhi has formally launched its Global Alumni Endowment Fund with an initial commitment of Rs 250 crore from nearly 20 corporate leaders and alumni of the institution. launched by President Ram Nath Kovind at Rashtrapati Bhavan. IIT-D aims to achieve a target corpus of $1 billion by 2025 for newly launched fund that will work towards the development of institute, encourage innovation and entrepreneurial spirit.
3) Answer: D
It is also known as Boita Bandaṇa, which literally means ‘A Voyage to Bali’. The annual festival is celebrated from day of Kartika Purnima (according to Odia Calendar), which comes around the end of October and November. It is held in Cuttack city of Odisha, at Gadagadia Ghata of Mahanadi river.
4) Answer: D
The panel has been asked to gauge the possibility of setting up a loan transaction platform for the sale stressed asset and creation of a loan contract registry to standardise information. T N Manoharan is
the Chairman of Canara Bank.
5) Answer: D
Each industrial robotic arm feeds unprocessed cash in three high-end note-sorting machines simultaneously, picks up processed cash from the output stackers, aligns the loose notes, binds the packets and finally drops them in separate trays as per the quality of the note. ICICI Bank is headquartered in Mumbai.
6) Answer: B
Neermahal is a water palace built at the middle of Rudrasagar lake by Maharaja Bir Bikram Kishore Manikya in 1930 as his summer resort being inspired by Mughal style of architecture.
7) Answer: B
MCX offers commodity futures contracts in bullion, base metals, energy and agricultural commodities, whereas commodity futures with both Agricultural and non-agricultural products like Cotton, Seed & Meal, Sugar, Flat Glass, Methanol and Thermal Coal as underlying are traded.
P S Reddy is the Managing Director & CEO of MCX.
8) Answer: E
The proposed mobile app would be able to identify the denomination of notes of Mahatma Gandhi Series and Mahatma Gandhi (New) series by capturing the image of the notes placed in front of the mobile camera.
There are about 80 lakh blind or visually impaired people in the country, who are likely to benefit from the initiative of the central bank.
9) Answer: E
Indian Army and the Maldives National Defence Forces conducted the exercise. The word ‘Ekuverin’ means ‘Friends’ in Dhivehi language. Indian Army and Maldives National Defence Forces have been conducting Exercise Ekuverin since 2009.
10) Answer: C
Christina Koch had already carried out four spacewalks but it was the first such mission for Jessica Meir, who became the 15th woman to walk in space. The first woman to spacewalk– Russian Svetlana Savitskaya on 25 July 1984. She went outside USSR’s Salyut 7 space station for 3 hours, 35 minutes.
11) Answer: D
Losar is a festival in Tibetan Buddhism. Losar Festival is among the most important festivals celebrated in Tawang. Losar is celebrated by the Monpas who are a majority in Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh. Commemorating the advent of the new year, Losar is the occasion when the Monpas feast, drink and make merry.
12) Answer: D
The India Innovation Index (III) 2019 was released by NITI Aayog along with the Institute for Competitiveness as its knowledge partner. Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Telangana and Haryana secured 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th position respectively in innovation, followed by Kerala, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh. In the list of 17 major states, Chattisgarh, Bihar and Jharkhand are at the bottom of the index with Jharkhand finishing last.
13) Answer: B
Theme: Acting together to Empower Children, their families and Communities to End Poverty. The United Nations declared October 17 as the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty (IDEP) in 1992. In 1987, more than 100,000 people gathered on the Human Rights and Liberties Plaza, Paris, France. Father Joseph Wresinski unveiled a commemorative stone honouring victims of poverty, hunger, violence and fear.
14) Answer: B
The scientists at ISRO was tracked the flight and landing of the RLV at the Aeronautical Test Range (ATR) at Challakere in Chitradurga district, Karnataka. The RLV program aims to cut down on launch costs by, well, reusing the spacecraft. ISRO’s current project appears to be using a hybrid design that sits somewhere between NASA’s now-shuttered Space Shuttle program and SpaceX’s reusable rockets.
15) Answer: A
The university is named as Mohamed bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence (MBZUAI) after Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan. MBZUAI seeks introduce a new model of academia and research to the field of AI, providing students and faculty access to some of the world’s most advanced AI systems so as to unleash its potential for economic and societal development.