Dear Aspirants, As we all know the importance of General Awareness section to appear for all the competitive exams. So, IG team has taken majestic step to make you score more in the General Awareness Part. We amalgamated Banking awareness and Static Gk sections to make you score more. The Aspirants can make use of it, to improve score in General awareness part.
1) The Reserve Bank of India’s Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) kept the repo rate at ________ on 10 February 2018.
2) RBI has the sole right to issue Bank Note as per which section?
a) Section 22 of the RBI Act 1934
b) Section 21 of the RBI Act 1934
c) Section 20 of the RBI Act 1934
d) Section 19 of the RBI Act 1934
e) None of These
3) Loan and advances of bank come under which of the following category?
e) All of the above
4) Which among the following are objectives of Regional Rural Banks?
a) To bridge the credit gap in rural regions in India
b) To check rural credit outflow to urban areas
c) To increase rural employment generation
d) To promote financial inclusion in rural areas
e) All of the above
5) Which of the following statement is not true regarding National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT)?
a) As per the RBI, NEFT is a nation-wide payment system facilitating one-to-one funds transfer and a delay from the bank’s side on such transaction; banks are required to pay a prescribed penalty.
b) Under this, individuals, firms and corporates having an account with any other bank branch can electronically transfer funds.
c) There is a limit – on the maximum amount of funds that could be transferred using NEFT.
d) For being part of the NEFT funds transfer network, a bank branch has to be NEFT- enabled.
e) In case of delay in NEFT from bank side, the banks have to corporations for the same.
6) Which city will host the ‘World Athletics Championship’ in 2023?
b) New Delhi
7) Lake PalakDil is located in which state?
8) World No Tobacco Day is observed every year on what day?
a) 31st May
b) 22nd June
c) 25th January
d) 16th March
e) 25th September
9) Who is the present chairman of Oriental Bank of Commerce?
b) Sanjay Misra
c) Deepak S Pareekh
d) Mukesh Kumar Jain
e) None of these
10) The World Development Report is an annual report published by
a) International Monetary Fund
b) World Bank
c) Central Intelligence Agency
d) World Trade Organisation
e) None of these
1) Answer: d)
The Reserve Bank of India’s Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) kept the repo rate unchanged at 6.25% on 10 February 2018.The reverse repo rate was also kept unchanged at 6.5%.
Repo rate is the rate at which the RBI lends to other banks.This means that home loan and car loan rates will not change.The six-member Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) is headed by RBI Governor Urjit Patel.
2) Answer: a)
Section 22 of the RBI Act 1934 makes provided that RBI has the sole right to issue Bank notes of all denominations. Thus, Reserve Bank is responsible for the design, production and overall management of the nation’s currency, with the goal of ensuring an adequate supply of clean and genuine notes. At present, paper currency notes in India are issued in the denomination of Rs. 5, Rs.10, Rs.20, Rs.50, Rs.100, Rs.500 and Rs.2,000.
3) Answer: a)
Loan and advances of bank come under assets.
4) Answer: e)
Objectives of Regional Rural Banks (RRB):
- To bridge the credit gap in rural regions in India.
- To check rural credit outflow to urban areas.
- To reduce regional imbalances in terms of availability of financial facilities.
- To increase rural employment generation.
- RRBs are tools for financial inclusion in rural areas.
- They act as financial intermediaries’ numerous beneficiaries in rural and semi-urban areas.
5) Answer: c)
National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) is a nation-wide payment system facilitating one-to-one funds transfer.
6) Answer: c)
The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) announced that Budapest will host the ‘World Athletics Championship’ in 2023.Budapest has twice hosted the IAAF world indoor championships and the European athletics championships.The 2019 ‘World Athletics Championship’ will be held in Doha and the 2021 edition in Eugene, Oregon.Budapest is the capital of Hungary.
7) Answer: b)
PalakDil or Pala Tipo is the largest lake in southern Mizoram, northeast India. It is located in near Phura village in Saiha district, within the Mara Autonomous District Council. Its geographical location falls under the Indo-Burma biodiversity hotspot, and is therefore rich in animal and plant species.
8) Answer: a)
World No Tobacco Day is observed around the world every year on 31 May. It is intended to encourage a 24-hour period of abstinence from all forms of tobacco consumption around the globe.
9) Answer: d)
The Centre has appointed Mukesh Kumar Jain as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Oriental Bank of Commerce, a public sector bank.
10) Answer: b)
The World Development Report is an annual report published since 1978 by the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development or World Bank. Each WDR provides in-depth analysis of a specific aspect of economic development.