Dear Aspirants, We know that you have already started your preparation for the IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018 exam. This is one of the important exams in the banking sector announced by IBPS with more number of vacancies. First, you have to know the exam pattern and then plan for the next one.
The exam pattern of the IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018 is given below:
|S. No.||Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Allotted (Separately)|
|1.||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2.||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
How to get 75+ Marks in IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018 Exam?
IBPS will conduct the Clerk Exam in two phases namely Preliminary and Mains. Aspirants those who cleared the preliminary exam will only eligible to appear for the Mains Exam. The cut off marks of prelims allotted by IBPS is increasing year by year because of the competition. In order to clear prelims, you must score more marks in section-wise and also in overall too with accuracy. Therefore, we are here to share some useful strategies to get 75+ marks in your IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018 exam.
How to Manage the Time?
‘Time Management’ plays a major role in the prelims exam and so the IBPS has introduced the sectional timing this year.
- Try to understand the question once you read it first. You should get some clear idea about the question while reading and don’t read the question again and again.
- If you find any question was difficult to solve, then skip and move on to the next one.
- Take short notes on lengthy questions as it will help you to solve the question in less time.
- First, attend the questions that are easier for you and then attend the rest at the last.
Strategy for Numerical Ability:
- You must learn the tables up to 25, Square values up to 50 and Cube values up to 25.
- Learn shortcuts and quicker maths for multiplication and application problems for each topic.
- At least 10-15 questions will be asked from the topics like Simplification and Approximation. You must attend all the questions asked from this topic with more accuracy.
- There are nearly 20-25 questions asked from the topics like Simplification, Approximation, Number Series, Data Interpretation and Quadratic Equations. So, give more attention on these topics for increasing your score.
- For the remaining application sums, you have to choose the question which is easy or familiar for you.
- Take the daily mock test to improve your calculation speed and check your accuracy level.
- By following the above mentioned strategies you can score 27-30 marks in this section.
Strategy for the English Language:
- Read the newspaper daily and find out the 10 unknown words present in the newspaper. Then, find the meaning of those words and note it in your diary.
- It will help you in the Reading Comprehension part for fast reading and then make meaningful sentences by using those unknown words.
- Make sure of that you are very well in the basic grammar rules. Otherwise, you should learn the basic grammar rules.
- Attend the more number of mock tests before you going to attend the IBPS Clerk Prelims and check the accuracy level.
- First of all, attend the Vocabulary, Fill Ups and Reading Comprehension based questions and then go for the grammar based questions.
- The topics like Cloze Test, Single/Double Fillers, Reading Comprehension and Error Detection covers nearly 20-25 questions. You must attend these topics first, after that go for the remaining topics.
- Follow the above mentioned strategy helps you to score 20-25 marks in this section.
Strategy for Reasoning Ability:
- This is the most important section to boost up your overall score in all competitive exams.
- First of all, you have to learn the basics of all the reasoning topics thoroughly and then practice it on your own.
- While appearing for the exam, you have to remind the two things that one is Time Management and the second is Accuracy.
- You must attend the questions of topics like Inequalities, Coding Decoding, Blood Relation, Direction Sense, Alphanumeric Series, Problems on Alphabets/Numbers and Syllogism first.
- After that attend the Seating Arrangements and Puzzles. Try to choose the questions of Seating Arrangements and Puzzles with more calculations and variables at the last.
- By using the above strategy you will definitely score 28-30 marks.