Institute of Banking Personnel selection conducts an exam every year to select eligible candidates for the role of probationary officer in public sector banks of India. IBPS PO Exam is conducted via online mode at various locations throughout the country. IBPS PO Prelims exam will be held on 3rd, 10th and 11th October 2020 and the mains exam will be conducted on November 28, 2020. IBPS has released the official IBPS PO notification on August 4, 2020 to recruit 1417 + posts of probationary officers. Check below, how to fill IBPS PO bank preference in the online application form?
IBPS PO bank preference : Bank list, factors to consider
Let us begin by having a look at the list of all participating banks in IBPS PO 2020 Recruitment. As per the official IBPS PO Notification PDF, 11 banks are participating, their names are given in the following section
IBPS PO Bank Preference : list of participating banks
Check below the list of banks participating in the IBPS PO 2020 recruitment process
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- UCO Bank
- United Bank of India
IBPS PO Bank Preference : Factors to consider
Check below some important suggestions, to clear all your confusion regarding how to fill the bank preference and to make an organized preference list.
Factor 1: Decide your job priority before filling up the form:
- If you are a North or South Indian, make preference to a bank which is having Headquarters near your state or maximum branches count.
- If you are a lady candidate and need home posting, give preference to the bank that has the maximum number of branches in your state.
- Be fastidious about the bank selection as you need to serve a long period of time after the final selection.
Factor 2 : Location and HeadQuarters:
- You should take the location and headquarters of the bank into consideration while filling up the application form.
- You should check where the headquarters of the banks are located, if you want to get placed in the specific bank.
Check below the headquarters list of the participating banks to get more insight.
|City||Banks with their headquarters|
|Mumbai||Bank of India, Central Bank of India, Union Bank of India|
|Delhi||Punjab National Bank, Punjab and Sind Bank|
|Chennai||Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank|
|Pune||Bank of Maharashtra|
|Vadodara||Bank of Baroda|
IBPS PO Bank Preference : Participating banks details:
To make your preference filling process an easier one, we have added necessary information that is needed to make a particular bank as your preference list.
|Sr. No.||Banks||Basic Information|
|1||Bank of India||
|3||Bank of Maharashtra||
|4||Punjab and Sind Bank||
|5||Punjab National Bank||
|7||Union Bank of India||
|9||Central Bank of India||
|10||Bank of Baroda||
|11||Indian Overseas Bank
Location preference and transfer policy:
- During the employment course, different banks have different transfer policies.
- Some banks consider your preferred location opinion, whereas some banks don’t.
- So read the transfer policy carefully and choose which bank is best fit for you.
- Check above all the mentioned suggestions and make your preference list carefully.
IBPS PO Bank Preference – FAQs
Q. What should be the bank preferences in IBPS PO?
A. Candidates should fill their IBPS PO Bank Preference order as per their choice after considering factors like no. of vacancies, preference to home state, transfer policy, etc.
Q. How many banks are participating in IBPS PO 2020 recruitment?
A. A total of 11 banks are participating in IBPS PO 2020 Recruitment.
Q. Which are the most popular banks while filling IBPS PO bank preference in application form?
A. The banks popularity while filling IBPS PO bank preference in application form is decided by no. of vacancies mostly, as per which Bank of India would be the most popuplar one.
You would also like to read the following IBPS PO related blogs:
All the best.