IBPS RRB Office Assistant Mains 2017 – Last Minute Preparation Tips:
Dear Readers, 12th of November is in the offing and candidates must be anxiously anticipating to take on the IBPS RRB OFFICE ASSISTANT MAINS exam this weekend. Well, the clock is ticking and last minute preparations and anxieties are inevitable as every aspirant will be going through these kinds of emotions. After clearing the initial hurdle of Prelims, only the Mains exam stands in your way and your dream job is only a stone’s throw away. Remember stressing and worrying about the exam will do no good. Also remaining carefree about the exam will also be affecting us in a negative sense. So, a little fear along with a lot of confidence could be better for your upcoming exam. So here are some last minute tips to make you face the exam more confident and ease the exam pressure for those who are going to appear in the IBPS RRB OFFICE ASSISTANT MAINS exam.
Last week IBPS RRB SCALE I OFFICER (PO) MAINS was concluded and the questions asked were moderate to difficult range with the reasoning section particularly challenging. So aspirants writing the RRB OFFICE ASSISTANT Mains can expect similar type of questions ranging in moderate questions and are advised to be well prepared ahead of their exams. Do check with the General Awareness questions asked in IBPS RRB SCALE I (PO) MAINS as questions similar to those have the chance of appearing for Office Assistant Exam also.
IBPS RRB OFFICE ASSISTANT MAINS 2017 would consist of 200 questions from 5 sections (Reasoning, General Awareness, Numerical Ability, English Paper and Computer Knowledge) to be answered within a cumulative time of 2 hours and there is no split timing between the sections.
IBPS Office Assistant Mains Exam Pattern:
|1||Reasoning||40||50||Composite Time 2 Hours (120 Minutes)|
|4||English/ Hindi Language||40||40|
* For the Office Assistant Multipurpose post, there is no Interview and candidates are shortlisted based on the cutoff gained by the candidate in the Mains Examination.
The Last year IBPS RRB OFFICE ASSISTANT MAINS EXAM 2016 had moderate level questions and those insights might help you tackle this year exam with ease. So here is an analysis of the questions asked in 2016:
Questions Asked in Reasoning Section in 2016:
- Floor Based Puzzle – 2 sets
- Group / Scheduling Based
- Circular Seating Arrangement
- Table Seating Arrangement
- Miscellaneous – Based on Direction, Blood relation, Ranking and Order.
Try to solve the seating arrangement if you can understand better and can finish faster. Puzzle if tedious and hard to understand can be solved later as easier questions can be answered saving time rather than increasing the anxiety and building pressures. Also the miscellaneous tend to be easier always. So attending wisely along with the consciousness of time running ahead will bear better results.
Important Study Materials on Reasoning Ability:
- TOP 50 Most Important Seating Arrangements for IBPS RRB Mains 2017
- Click Here for Reasoning Scoring Part Questions
- 300 Most Important Reasoning Questions Based on New Pattern
- 100 Must DO Hard Puzzles
- TOP 500 Expected Level Reasoning Ability Questions
- Ultimate Hard Puzzles (500 Questions with Explanation) eBook BASED on NEW Pattern
- 50 Most Important Puzzle Questions
- 50 Most Important Seating Arrangements Questions
- 50 Most Important Equality Inequality Questions
- 50 Most Important Syllogism Questions
Questions Asked in Aptitude Section in 2016:
- Number Series – 5 Questions
- Data Interpretation (2 Sets) – 10 Questions
- Miscellaneous – based on Age, Ratio & Proportion, Profit & Loss, Simple &Compound Interest, Probability, Partnership, Pipes & Cistern, Average, Time & Work, and Boats & Streams.
Try to be faster while solving Data Interpretation questions and be careful to read the question twice to understand it better without any confusion. Remember the formulas and shortcuts while working on Aptitude questions. Speed and Accuracy are the two main key for success.
Important Study Materials on Quantitative
- Important Data Interpretation Questions for IBPS RRB Mains 2017
- TOP 100 Important Number Series (Wrong Number)
- Click Here for 500 Number Series Questions
- Click Here for TOP 1000 Quantitative Aptitude Questions
- Click Here for Ultimate Hard Data Interpretation Questions
- Click Here for Exclusive New Pattern Data Interpretation
- Click Here to Download the 1000 Simplification/Approximation Questions
- Click Here to Download the 50 Important Data Interpretation (Pie & Bar Graph) Questions
- Click Here to Download the 50 Important Data Interpretation (Table) Questions
- Click Here to Download the 50 Important Data Interpretation (Line Graph) Questions
Questions Asked in English Section in 2016:
- Reading Comprehension (2 Passages) – 15 Questions
- Cloze Test – 10 Questions
- Error Spotting – 5 Questions
- Para Jumbles – 5
BE calm and composed while reading the comprehension and try to read the full paragraph noting the essential things asked in the question. Try to answer the questions only which you are sure. Cloze test will be easier if you could eliminate the options and finalize the answer. Remember all the basics while spotting the errors in sentences for Error Spotting.
Important Study Materials on English Language:
- English Questions Based on NEW Pattern
- Click Here for English Scoring Part Questions
- Essential Tips & Tricks to Shine in English Section with Practice Questions
- TOP 700 – English Practice Questions eBook (Purely Based on New Pattern)
Questions Asked in General Awareness Section in 2016:
There were Questions on Awards, Recent Appointments, Ranks and Indexes, Venues of Events, First’s, Abbreviations of banking related terms, banking basics, etc.
Current Affairs Study Materials PDF:
- Important GK Power Capsule for IBPS RRB PO/Clerk Mains 2017
- Score Booster – 1100+ GK Questions for IBPS RRB PO/Clerk Mains Exam 2017
- Monthly Current Affairs Capsule October 2017 Free PDF
- Monthly Current Affairs Quiz October 2017 Free PDF
Banking Awareness Study Materials PDF:
- 100 Most Important Banking Awareness PDF One Liner PDF (11 Sets)
- Click Here to Get TOP 2000 – Important Banking Awareness Questions eBook Especially for IBPS Exams 2017
- Click Here for Important Banking Awareness Questions (Topic wise)
Static GK Study Materials PDF:
- Important Monthly Static GK Capsule
- Full Set of Static GK Quiz (Topic wise) for Bank Exams
- Trick to Remember the Important Static GK Materials
- Important Static GK Capsule for IBPS RRB/PO/Clerk Mains 2017
- List of Important Static GK Topics to be covered for IBPS Mains Exams
Questions Asked in Computer Awareness Section in 2016:
Computer Awareness section was quite easy, questions will be asked from DBMS, Computer security, Hardware And Software, Operating Systems, Networking And Internet, MS Office, Abbreviations etc.
LAST MINUTE DO’s And DONT’s:
- Examinations are a way to test your ability within a short time. So prepare well ahead strengthening all the basics, increasing your vocabulary ability and quick shortcuts to solve a question.
- Revise in the last week and make a checklist to make sure you have revised all the topics that you have studies. (This will make sure you don’t miss any topics in the revision as even a mark is more valuable in the Mains examination.)
- Take nutritious food and ample rest so as to recede the tension within you. Sleep early and avoid reading late into the night.
- Expect the Unexpected always. Don’t panic if you get a new pattern of questions in the exam. Try to attend them calmly.
- Always start with the section you are most confident and comfortable with. There is no absolute necessary to attend the questions in a continuous way. Switch sections that you well versed at the beginning and questions that are convenient to solve.
- Since this is an Office assistant examination the questions are expected to be moderately easy. So try to answer as many questions as possible with accuracy. Remember there is negative marking.
- Managing your time to answer questions is very important. 200 questions to be answered within a span of 120 minutes might be quite challenging. So answer the easier questions first to save time for the tougher ones.
- Don’t try to answer randomly at the last time since doing so may bring down your marks which will be a hindrance.
- Speed and accuracy is all that matters in an examination with limited time. So make the best use of it.
Remember if the exam is tough for you; it will be tougher for everyone attending them and so write the exam confidently without any fear.
Now make sure to take printouts of your Admit Card/Hall Ticket and photocopies of photo identity proof in advance. Remember last minute things will add only anxiety to you mind and increase the pressure. So do this necessary stuff well in advance and make sure you reach the exam center well ahead of time. Please make sure to carry umbrellas as the North East Monsoon showers are unpredictable these days and carry your Admit Card/Photocopies without any damage to exam center.
All the best wishes for your upcoming IBPS RRB OFFICE ASSISTANT MAINS 2017 Exam and we are sure you would come out with flying colors attaining your dreams.