IBPS RRB Study plan 2020: IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. It is an autonomous and independent body that recruits candidates for public sector banks. Since a huge number of candidates apply for the IBPS exam, hence the competition is also pretty high.
IBPS conducts bank exams for the followings posts
- IBPS RRB (Regional Rural Banks)
- IBPS PO (Probationary Officer)
- IBPS Clerk
- IBPS SO (Specialist Officer)
It has been found that candidates find it difficult to crack the IBPS RRB examination. There are around four posts in the IBPS RRB exam:
- IBPS Officer Scale-I
- IBPS Officer Scale-II
- IBPS Officer Scale-III
- IBPS Office Assistant
As the dates for prelims exam is still not announced, it is suggested to start your preparations at the earliest. Be exam ready before the exam. And to help you do that, we have brought this article where we will share with IBPS RRB Preparation Strategy for PO (Scale 1) & Clerk.
IBPS RRB Preparation 2020 – Selection Procedure
The selection procedure of IBPS RRB PO & Assistant is almost similar, with an extra interview round in RRB PO selection.
The prelims and mains exam pattern for IBPS RRB PO (Scale 1) & Office Assistant is similar. Let’s have a look at the exam pattern first to get an understanding.
Prelims Exam Pattern – RRB PO & Clerk
Check IBPS RRB Exam Pattern here:
|Name of Tests||No. of Ques.||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning||40||40||Composite time of 45 minutes|
Let’s have a look at a few important tips for preparing for the prelims exam.
IBPS RRB Preparation Strategy – Section-wise
If we look at the subject-wise preparation tips, there are key areas where candidates need to focus.
To ace the English Language section, candidates must have strong command over grammar and vocabulary. This section comprises questions from Reading Comprehension, Error Detection, Fill in the blanks, Rearrangement of Sentences, Cloze Test, Jumbled Words, Antonyms, and Synonyms. Given below are a few tips and tricks to score good marks in this section.
Grammar: Brush up the rules of grammar such as parts of speech, subject-verb agreement, active and passive voice, direct and indirect speech, tenses, articles, singular and plural, phrases and idioms, etc. Practice a sufficient number of examples to understand how the grammatical rules are applied. Read English books and newspapers. Practice a sufficient number of questions on each topic.
Reading Comprehension: Reading Comprehension is the most important topic in the English Language section. Good reading skills are the key to solve questions from this topic. Good reading speed comes by reading articles regularly. Make reading your daily habit. To solve Reading Comprehension questions, first, read the whole passage and understand the summary. In this way, you will be able to find out the answers easily. In Reading Comprehension, questions will be directly based on the passage. Practice one Reading Comprehension daily.
Spotting Errors: Questions from Spotting Errors can be scoring but it is time taking. To score good marks, you will have to sound knowledge of grammar. Learn all the spotting error rules. The best way to solve Spotting Error questions is to read the complete sentence carefully. To solve questions smartly, eliminate those questions one by one which is completely wrong according to you. In recent bank exams, a new type of spotting error question was asked.
Fill in the blanks: To solve Fill in the blanks questions, candidates must have a rich vocabulary. Candidates must read the whole sentence to get the flow.
Cloze Test: Cloze test questions might be a bit confusing but once candidates are familiar with the ideas of the passage, they will be able to eliminate the odd one out. The Cloze test is all about understanding the passage. Practice Cloze test questions regularly.
Para Jumbles: In Para Jumbles, try to find out the connecting sentences.
Sentence Correction: In Sentence Correction, identify the grammatical errors. Go through each choice provided in the options.
Sentence Completion: Sentence completion is easy if candidates have good reading skills. To solve questions from this section, go through the options one by one and try to identify which option is matching with the theme of the passage.
What books to refer for IBPS RRB English Language?
The books that candidates can refer for this section are given below:
- English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- SP Bakshi English Book by Arihant Publication
Although the Reasoning Ability questions are getting tougher day by day in the IBPS RRB exam. However, candidates can expect questions to be easy to moderate. Questions are asked from Inequality, Direction Sense, Blood Relation, Alphanumeric series/Number Series/Alphabet Series, Puzzles, Seating Arrangement, Syllogism, Order, and Ranking, Coding-Decoding, Series, etc.
For Syllogism, candidates need to first clear the basics. They need to solve the previous years’ question papers as it will help in understanding each and every case of the topic. While solving syllogism questions, candidates must follow the Venn diagram strategy.
Inequality is the scoring topic in the exam. Understand and observe each of the questions. This can be improved by solving the question papers and mock tests.
Coding and decoding require a good understanding of the concept. Candidates need to identify the coding trick used in the word. After this, they will be able to identify the whole coding pattern of questions.
Blood relation, directions, ordering, and ranking are easy topics. Candidates can score good marks in the exam. Learn and understand the topics. Practice enough questions to familiarise yourself with the pattern of these topics.
To solve questions on puzzles and seating arrangement, candidates need constant practice. The number of puzzles and seating arrangement questions they solve, the speed, and accuracy will increase.
The practice is the key to get success in the exam. The daily practice of strong and weak areas will help candidates to do well in the exam. Practice a maximum number of question types to increase speed and accuracy.
Speed and Accuracy
To get success in the exam, it is important to increase speed and accuracy. This can be improved through more and more practice.
Time management is another aspect to score good marks in the exam. Do not take too much time on any question, instead move on to the next question.
The best way to do well is to attempt mock tests. This will help candidates to analyze their performance in the exam. Candidates must work upon improving the weak areas.
Whenever candidates come across important formulas or questions or trick, they should note it down. The notes will help candidates in revising before the exams.
For the General Knowledge section, candidates need to read newspapers and magazines. They need to keep themselves abreast with the current affairs. Candidates must focus on Indian History, Agriculture, Awards, Politics, Finance and Insurance, Indian Economy, Taxes, Budgets, Sports, Geography, etc.
Quantitative Aptitude section appears in the mains and single-level exam of IBPS RRB Officers Scale I, II, and III. The prelims exam of Officers Scale I, comprises questions from Numerical Ability. The prelims and mains exams of Office Assistant carry questions from Numerical Ability.
The section comprises questions from Number System, Simplification, Profit and Loss, Percentage, Ratio Proportion, Data Interpretation, etc. Given below are a few tips and tricks to score good marks in this section.
- The first and foremost thing is to be clear about the basics of Mathematics.
- Learn the multiplication technique, memorize the multiplication table, learn mathematical operations division, addition, subtraction, simplification, basic mathematical formulas.
- Learn squares up to 50 and cubes up to 30. This will help in the fast calculation.
- Candidates must understand the concept of Ratio, Percentage, and Average.
- Go through the frequently asked questions in the exam.
- Simplification/Approximation questions are frequently asked in the exam.
- Number Series is another important topic.
- The quadratic equation is also an important topic.
- Maximum weightage is given to Data Interpretation. Such type of questions is combined with Ratio, Percentage, Average. If candidates are good at basic Mathematics then they will perform well in the exam.
- Once going through the important topics, make a proper study plan.
- Always begin preparation topic-wise, do not pick any random chapters, and start solving.
- The crucial part of the exam is managing time. Therefore, practice questions in a certain time limit.
- While preparing for the exam, identify your strong and weak areas.
- Mock tests are the best resource as it helps to track performance.
- Go through the previous years’ question papers and solve different types of questions from one topic.
Candidates should have the basic knowledge of computers and understand hardware, software, Internet, networking, operating system, Microsoft applications, and keyboard shortcuts.
IBPS RRB Study Plan 2020 – General Tips
Aspirants often prepare for prelims and mains separately. As a very small amount of time is available after the prelims, the preparation should go hand in hand from the very beginning.
- Taking mock tests will help you determine an exam-attempt strategy that helps you maximize your scores.
- Taking mock tests will also ensure that you know what your strengths and weaknesses are. This also goes a long way in boosting your scores as it equips you to play on your strengths
- Taking Mock Tests is the best way to familiarize yourself with the test. Guidely’s mock tests are designed in the latest pattern and are extremely close to the actual test.
- Take a Free Guidely IBPS RRB 2020 Mock Test
IBPS RRB Exam Preparation – Complete Online Course
Now having got the tips and tricks to prepare for the exam, the next very important thing is guidance. Guidance from experts will help you master the topics and practice more effectively.
Get to interact with faculties in Live class, get video lessons, doubt sessions, practice tests, and more with Guidely’s Video Course.
Here’s what we’ve got for you:
– 350+ Live Video Classes & Audio Interaction with the faculty
– 500+ Recorded Videos Classes
– 1200 Mock Tests
– 40 Prelims (20 Full Tests + 20 Sectional Tests) for IBPS RRB Asst.
– 40 Prelims (20 Full Tests + 20 Sectional Tests) for IBPS RRB Officer
– Topic Tests + GK Tests + E-books
– Exam Strategy sessions & Personal Guidance from Experts
This course will cover every aspect of preparation starting from basics to building concepts to practicing to strategizing your preparations. Get the best guidance from some of the top faculty of the country.
Q: Can I prepare for IBPS RRB exam without coaching?
Ans. Yes, candidates can prepare for the IBPS RRB exam without coaching. You need to prepare seriously.
Q: What is the ideal time to begin preparation?
Ans. Start preparing for the exam a year in advance.
Q: Can I crack the exam with six months of preparation?
Ans. There are many candidates who have cracked the exam with six months of preparation.
Q: I am not good at Maths. What should I do?
Ans. Practice regularly to get your command over the subject. You can refer to high school books to clear your concepts.
Q: What is the mantra to success?
Ans. The mantra to success as per toppers is perseverance, passion, and hard work.
Q: Can I prepare for IBPS RRB by practicing mock tests only?
Ans. No, you need to refer to books and online study materials.
Q. How to prepare for Puzzles?
Ans. Practice 10 sets of puzzles on a daily basis to improve your speed and accuracy.
Q. How to improve calculation in the Quantitative Ability Section?
Ans. Learn tables up to 25, Squares up to 25, Fractional value up to 25 to increases your speed in the calculation.