IBPS SO application form is the first stage for a candidate to register online for the IBPS Specialist Officer exam. Candidates need to fill all the important information regarding their personal details, educational qualifications, photo & sign, etc in the application form.
IBPS SO Exam is conducted by IBPS. IBPS SO is conducted every year and near about 10-15 lakhs students fill this form. All candidates who are willing to fill the IBPS SO Application form should meet the minimum eligibility criteria set by the concerning body.
Various other exams are conducted by IBPS and candidates can know more about them at on our website
Aspirants must note that once the IBPS SO Application form formalities are done, the selection process starts after the second month of filling the online application form at the National level. The IBPS SO exam is conducted in three stages. This includes:
- IBPS SO Prelims.
- IBPS SO Mains.
To know more about the process of these stages you can visit our website IBPS GUIDE
How to fill the IBPS SO 2020 Application Form?
IBPS SO 2020 Application process will begin tentatively from November 7, 2020. The application process consists mainly of 3 steps which are given below:
- Registration by providing basic details, to generate a candidate’s provisional registration number and password.
- Fill IBPS SO 2020 Application Form and upload the required documents.
- The final step is the payment of the IBPS SO application fee through various modes.
Detailed description filling IBPS SO Online Application form -:
Step 1: IBPS SO 2020 Registration:-
- Visit the official website of IBPS i.e. ibps.in to apply online for the exam.
- Select the option “Click here for New Registration”.
- Instruction page will appear, now read carefully all the instructions then click on the button continue.
- The registration form for creating the User Profile will appear.
- Fill all the details correctly like name, date of birth, and contact details- valid email ID and mobile number.
- Click on ‘Register’.
- A Provisional Registration Number and Password will appear on the screen.
- The applicant also receives an email and SMS on their registered email ID and a mobile number by the IBPS.
Step 2: Fill IBPS SO Application Form 2020:-
- Login using the credentials provided by the governing body to proceed with the IBPS SO application form.
- The applicant has to provide all personal and contact details as well as details about their academic qualification, work experience, exam center preference, etc.
- The applicant also has to choose a bank preference in which he wants to join.
- Then, the applicant has to upload his/her scanned images of recent photograph, signature, thumb impression, and handwritten declaration as per the specifications given on the screen.
- After going through all the details carefully, click on the ‘Final Submit’ to pay the application fees.
Step 3: Payment of Application Fees:-
- This is the last step to complete the application process, click on the Pay button to proceed for payment.
- Select the payment mode Credit/ Debit card, Net banking, Cash Card & Wallet, and IMPS.
- Enter your card number and then 3 digit CVV number provided backside of your card.
- Enter the expiry date of your card.
- Type name mentioned in your card.
- Click on the continue button.
- Enter OTP send to your registered mobile.
- Click on the payment button to complete your registration.
Documents needed for future reference:-
- Print your Payment receipt.
- Print your application form.
Important FAQs Regarding IBPS SO 2020 -:
Q 1: What is the full form of IBPS?
Ans: IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. It is an autonomous organization that conducts online examinations annually to recruit candidates as officers, clerks, and trainees in various public sector banks in India.
Q 2: What is the IBPS SO exam?
Ans: IBPS SO exam is conducted to recruit Specialist Officers in various departments of the participating Public Sector Banks under IBPS.
Q3: How many candidates applied for IBPS SO 2019?
Ans: As per the IBPS SO 2019 Notification, a total of 1163 vacancies were released for the year 2019 to recruit candidates in various posts of Indian public sector banks.
Q 4: How to apply online for the IBPS SO exam?
Ans: Given below are the steps to follow to apply online for IBPS SO exam :
- Visit the official IBPS website.
- Click on the IBPS SO Apply Online link on the homepage.
- Fill your personal contact details.
- Fill the complete form with details about educational qualification, category, exam center, etc.
- Pay the application fee.
- The IBPS SO application form is completed.
Q 5: If a candidate is appearing in the final year of graduation, can he/she apply for the IBPS SO exam?
Ans: No, only the candidates who have completed their graduation can apply for the exam.
Q 6: Is there any interview after IBPS SO Mains?
Ans: Yes, candidates qualifying in the mains exam will be called for the personal interview.
Q 7: What is the highest level of post one can be promoted to after inducted as IBPS SO?
Ans: If an individual joins the post early of his/her age, he/she can go up to the Scale 7 General manager post.