Tips to Score 70+ in IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims 2020: IBPS RRB Prelims exam is scheduled to be held in September/ October 2020. Chalking out a preparation plan and then sticking to it and following it religiously serves half the purpose. While the other half requires practice by taking Mock Tests. This completes your preparation and makes you Exam-Ready. With the recent announcement for IBPS RRB Office Assistant Recruitment, it is now high-time to get on with your IBPS RRB Preparations.
Candidates planning to score 70+ in the IBPS RRB Prelims exam will not only have to cover the syllabus on time but also, have to attempt the right questions in the exam with 100% accuracy to maximize their score. Hence, to get clarity on your preparation strategy of How to Score 70+ in the IBPS RRB Prelims Office Assistant/ Officer Scale 1 exam, go through the article. Scroll down to check the tips to score 70+ in IBPS RRB Prelims 2020.
How To Score 70+ in IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims 2020
To score 70+ in the IBPS RRB Office Assistant Exam 2020, let us know about various sections and the weightage they possess. The IBPS RRB Office Assistant preliminary exam consists of a reasoning paper and a numerical ability paper of 40 questions each. You should attempt this section within 45 minutes. We have shared the Exam Pattern & Syllabus of IBPS RRB Office Assistant Exam. Have a look at it for more details.
You should be aware that 40 questions will be asked in each subject and you will have to complete them in 45 minutes. You have less than a minute to attempt a particular question. So, give mock tests to increase your speed & accuracy to be able to attempt at least 35+ questions in each subject. So, to start with, we will go through the IBPS RRB Prelims exam pattern.
IBPS RRB Prelims Exam Pattern 2020
The IBPS RRB Exam Pattern for Office Assistant and Officer Scale 1 is given below:
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims Exam Pattern 2020
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Tips To Score 70+ In IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims 2020
Go through the important tips for IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims exam from below:
- Know Important Topics
- – It is essential to check the syllabus and sort important topics.
- – Keeping the time constraints in mind, candidates will have to choose the topics which can yield better marks in less time.
- – Study the high yielding topics and then cover the entire syllabus.
- – Check the difficulty level of the questions and the weightage of marks of each topic to sort them.
- Prepare a Study Plan
- – Once you are aware of the topics and their prioritization, candidates will have to prepare a plan to cover the syllabus in time. Also, allot some time for revision and practice.
- – To start, you can have shorter study sessions and increase it gradually. This is to largely ensure that you are being consistent with your study as per the plan.
- Time Management
- – Managing the time is very crucial in the IBPS RRB Prelims exam. As per the exam pattern, there is less than a minute to solve each question.
- – There is also a negative marking scheme in the exam and candidates cannot afford to get the answers wrong.
- – To tackle this, candidates will have a focus on concept clarity and practice questions regularly.
- Concept Clarity
- – Candidates will have to study the topics and have a proper understanding of the underlying concepts.
- – Work on the fundamental concepts and clear any doubts regarding the topic.
- – One of the ways to have better concept clarity is to solve a variety of sample questions.
- Speed and Accuracy
- – Focusing on problem-solving speed and its accuracy is very important.
- – The marks scored is directly related to the speed and accuracy with which one solves problems.
- – To improve accuracy, solve different types of problems and rectify the mistakes you have made. Learn from your mistakes and clarify all the doubts.
- Take Mock Tests & Revise
- – Taking mock tests on a regular basis is very important to check how well you have prepared.
- – Solving mock papers will help you to move in the right direction and to identify and correct your mistakes.
- – Mock tests will give you a hands-on experience of the exam.
- Develop An Attempt Strategy
- – Prioritizing the right questions depending on the difficulty level and the time to solve the problem is very critical to score high.
- – Even if you have good problem-solving speed and accuracy, you will still need to choose the right questions first to maximize the score.
- – Prioritizing the questions will help in scoring the maximum marks within the specified time.
- – As the Prelims exam has a composite time of 45 minutes, one can easily switch between the subjects and prioritize the questions.
- Work on Your Test-Taking Skills
- – Even after working hard and smart, candidates may commit some silly mistakes or may underestimate or overestimate the questions asked.
- – Thus, candidates will have to practice and pay proper attention to the questions to move ahead in the right direction towards solving it. These challenges can be tackled by taking several IBPS RRB Mock Tests and by analyzing the results.
- – Analyzing the mock test result, identifying the loopholes, and working on them will make you completely ready and confident for the upcoming exam.
Tricks To Score 70+ In IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims Exam: Subject-wise Tips
Check the section-wise IBPS RRB preparation tips for the Office Assistant exam from below.
Quantitative Aptitude/Numerical Ability
The Numerical Ability/Quantitative Aptitude section has various topics that will fetch you good marks with less effort and time. Candidates will have to prepare for these topics on priority and then move on to other topics. The list of topics that can yield better results is given below:
- Number Series – These questions are quite easy and one must not spend more time to solve this.
- Simplification & Approximation – For these topics, your solving speed matters. You will have to practice well to increase speed and accuracy.
- Data Interpretation – The questions here are usually easy to moderate in nature. Revise the basic concepts to perform better.
- Quadratic Equations – Questions here are quite easy. However, if a tricky question appears, you can skip it and revisit the question later.
- Miscellaneous/ Arithmetic – Attempt the questions which you find easy. At a later stage, you can revisit to solve the doubtful questions.
Some questions will be direct formula based whereas others might require little analytical skills. Do not spend too much time on difficult questions. Solve the easy ones first and keep the difficult ones for later. Remember that, your aim is to maximize the correct attempt and qualify the cutoff. You need not aim to answer all the 80 questions with lower accuracy. Instead, focus on maximizing the correct attempts.
IBPS RRB Preparation Tips For Prelims Reasoning
The Reasoning section has a variety of topics and the difficulty level varies from easy to moderate. Pay more attention to easy topics and master them. You shouldn’t lose a single mark from these topics. Make a habit to do the paperwork to solve the questions instead of doing it mentally. Check the topics which will yield more marks in the Reasoning section.
- Inequality – This is the easiest topic and needs to be attempted first with 100% accuracy.
- Alphanumeric Series – The questions are easy and one must read through and answer the questions carefully.
- Seat Arrangement & Puzzles – Both circular and linear seating arrangement questions are asked. Puzzles of various types are also asked. The puzzles can be tricky. If you find it difficult, solve it later.
- Coding-Decoding – The questions can be of easy to moderate difficulty level. This section can be easy but needs focus. Read the questions carefully before solving them.
- Syllogism – Direct questions are usually asked in this section. Around 5 to 6 questions can be asked from this section.
- Miscellaneous – Questions from topics such as Blood Relation, Distance & Direction, Ranking, and Queue are asked. This section is easy.
IBPS RRB 2020: Topic-Wise Weightage
The topic-wise number of questions asked from Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude sections are given in the table below.
IBPS RRB Prelims – Reasoning Section Weightage
|Topic||Weightage (Office Assistant)||Weightage (Officer Scale 1)|
|Inequalities||3-5 Questions||5 Questions|
|Coding-Decoding||5-7 Questions||5-7 Questions|
|Syllogisms||4-6 Questions||4-6 Questions|
|Linear Seat Arrangement||5-10 Questions||0-5 Questions|
|Circular Seat Arrangement||5-10 Questions||0-5 Questions|
|Puzzles||0-5 Questions||0-5 Questions|
|Arrangement & Patterns||10-12 Questions||3-6 Questions|
|Blood Relations||1-4 Questions||2-7 Questions|
|Order & Ranking||0-5 Questions||0-5 Questions|
|Direction & Distances||0-5 Questions||0-5 Questions|
|Data Sufficiency||0-5 Questions||0-5 Questions|
|Verbal Reasoning||0-3 Questions||0-5 Questions|
IBPS RRB Prelims – Quantitative Aptitude Section Weightage
|Topic||Weightage (Office Assistant)||Weightage (Officer Scale 1)|
|Number Series||0-5 Questions||0-5 Questions|
|Algebra||0-7 Questions||0-7 Questions|
|Simplification||0-5 Questions||10-15 Questions|
|Data Interpretation||10-15 Questions||10-20 Questions|
|Miscellaneous||10-15 Questions||10-15 Questions|
IBPS RRB Exam Preparation – Complete Online Course
Now having got the tips and tricks to prepare for the exam, the next very important thing is guidance. Guidance from experts will help you master the topics and practice more effectively.
Get to interact with faculties in Live class, get video lessons, doubt sessions, practice tests, and more with Guidely’s IBPS RRB 2020 Course.
Here’s what all is included in the course:
– 100+ Video Classes (Prelims Video Batch)
– 50+ Mock Tests for IBPS RRB 2020 (Prelims & Mains)
– Topic + GK Tests + Ebooks
This course will cover every aspect of preparation starting from basics to building concepts to practicing to strategizing your preparations. Get the best guidance from some of the top faculty of the country
IBPS RRB Preparation Tips 2020
Q: Can I prepare for IBPS RRB exam without coaching?
A: Yes, candidates can prepare for the IBPS RRB exam without coaching. You need to prepare seriously.
Q: What is the ideal time to begin preparation?
A: Start preparing for the exam a year in advance.
Q: Can I crack the exam with six months of preparation?
A: There are many candidates who have cracked the exam with six months of preparation.
Q: I am not good at Maths. What should I do?
A: Practice regularly to get your command over the subject. You can refer to high school books to clear your concepts.
Q: What is the mantra to success?
A: The mantra to success as per toppers is perseverance, passion, and hard work.
Q: Can I prepare for IBPS RRB by practicing mock tests only?
A: No, you need to refer to books and online study materials.
Q: How many mocks should I take?
A: It is recommended to take as many mocks as you can.
Q: How can I prepare the Reasoning Ability?
A: Candidates can prepare the Reasoning Ability section by solving previous years’ question papers and practicing puzzles.
Q: How to prepare for GK?
A: You need to read newspapers and refer to current affairs books.
Q: How to prepare for English?
A: To score good marks in this section, brush up your rules of grammar.
Q: Is the mock test better than previous years’ question papers?
A: Both are useful when it comes to exam preparation.