Dear Readers, Here we have given the list of Important Weekly Current Affairs 2nd week of January 2019. Candidates those who are preparing for Upcoming IBPS Clerk / LVB PO 2018-2019 and other competitive exams can make use of it.
Current Affairs: Important Days
|January 9||PravasiBharatiya Divas||–|
|January 10||World Hindi Day||–|
|January 12||National Youth Day||–|
Current Affairs: National
- The ministerial panel under Bihar Deputy Chief Minister SushilModi approved levy of 1% ‘calamity cess’ by Kerala for a period of two years to fund rehabilitation work in the state hit by floods.
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development has introduced a 70 point grading index to assess the quality of school education offered by states.
- Minister of State (IC) for Information & Broadcasting and Youth Affairs & Sports, Col. RajyavardhanRathore (Retd.) launched the sharing of All India Radio News with private FM broadcasters.
- The LokSabha has passed the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill
- Andaman to be First Island to operate seaplanes under UDAN- 3
|Andaman And Nicobar Capital||Port Blair|
|Governor||Admiral D K Joshi|
- UGC decided to set up Consortium for Academic and Research Ethics (CARE) to refine and strengthen research publication.
- Country’s longest single lane steel cable bridge opened in Arunachal Pradesh
|Arunachal Pradesh Capital||Itanagar|
- Prime Minister NarendraModi will inaugurate the 15th PravasiBharatiya Divas on 21st January, at Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
|Uttar Pradesh Capital||Lucknow|
- The Union cabinet has given its approval for establishment of three new AIIMS at Samba in Jammu, Pulwama in Kashmir and Rajkot in Gujarat
- Minister for Electronics and IT (MeitY) Ravi Shankar Prasad inaugurated the National Informatics Centre (NIC)’s Command and Control Centre (CCC).
- Six states Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh signed an agreement for construction of Renukaji Dam Multi-Purpose Project.
- Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the 25th edition of Partnership Summit 2019 in Mumbai. Theme of Summit is New India Rising to Global Occasions
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India, has launched an online campaign, ‘#www : Web Wonder Women’.
- Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change Dr Harsh Vardhan launched the National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) aiming to reduce toxic particulate matter by 2024
|Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change|
|Union Minister||Harsh Vardhan|
- Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports, Col RajyavardhanRathore launched the National Youth Parliament Festival 2019 at New Delhi.
|Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports|
|Minister of State (I\C)||Col Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore|
Current Affairs: International
- Guatemala was withdrawing from a United Nations backed anti-corruption commission and giving its prosecutors a day to leave the country.
|Guatemala Capital||Guatemala City|
- The first India-Central Asia Dialogue will be held in Samarkand, Uzbekistan on January 12 and 13.
- The United States Chamber of Commerce’s Global Innovation Policy Center (GIPC) launched a new innovation initiative at the Raisina Dialogue in New Delhi. The initiative, titled “Fair Value for Innovation”.
|US Capital||Washington DC|
Current Affairs: State
- Prime Minister NarendraModi launched road and underground sewerage system projects developed at an investment of Rs 1,100 crore in Solapur.
- Sikkim becomes the first state in the country to introduce the scheme called the Universal Basic Income (UBI).
|CM||Pawan Kumar Chamling|
- Gujarat becomes 1st state to implement 10% quota to EWS
- Bhopal’s first literature festival organised by the Society for Culture and Environment inaugurated at Bharat Bhavan
|Madhya Pradesh Capital||Bhopal|
- Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling launched the ‘One Family One Job’ scheme which entitles one government job for every family in the state.
|CM||Pawan Kumar Chamling|
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched the ‘AmaGhare LED’ (LED bulbs in our houses) scheme which will benefit about 95 lakh families in the State.
Current Affairs: Banking and Finance
- Nepal’s central bank asked RBI to Make Rs. 200, Rs. 500, Rs. 2000 currency notes legal in Nepal
- The government has allowed an Iranian bank Pasargad to open a branch in Mumbai.
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank gets $400 million swap from RBI
|Reserve Bank of India|
- The Reserve Bank of India has changed its Gold Monetisation Scheme (GMS), 2015 to make charitable institutions, Central Government, State Government or any other entity owned by Central Government or State Government eligible to deposit under the scheme.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: CABINET APPROVALS
- MoU between India and Japanon Development of Advanced Model Single Window.
- MoU on Maritime issues between India and Denmark
- Creation of the post of Vice Chancellor for National Rail & Transport Institute set up in Vadodara, Gujarat
- Bilateral Swap Arrangement betweenIndia and Japan.
- MoU between India and Franceon technical bilateral cooperation in the field of new and renewable energy
Current Affairs: Appointments
|Kumar Rajesh Chandra||Director General of SashastraSeemaBal (SSB)|
|VikramMisri||India’s new envoy to China|
|Pranav R Mehta||President of Global Solar Council (GSC)|
|Nicolas Maduro||Venezuelan President|
|Birendra Prasad Baishya||Chef de Mission for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics|
|Su Tseng-chang||Taiwan Prime Minister|
|Ajit Mohan||Managing Director and Vice-President Facebook India|
|BrahmDutt||Yes Bank non executive part-time chairman|
|Daniel Hughes||TCS Independent Director|
Current Affairs: Resignation
|Jim Yong Kim||World Bank President|
|Muhammad V||Malaysia’s King|
|Harendra Singh||Indian men’s hockey coach|
|Chairman of the National Stock Exchange of India (NSE)|
Current Affairs: Committee
|NandanNilekani||To boost digital payments|
|Dr.Sankar De||Research Advisory committee|
Current Affairs: Awards and Honours
- DRDO pavilion received ‘Exhibitor of the Year Award’ at 106th Indian Science Congress held at Lovely Professional University (LPU), Phagwara, Punjab
|WahengbamLamnganba||National Bravery Award.|
|The Rider||The National Society of Film Critics,|
Best picture of 2018.
|Polavaram multipurpose irrigation project||Guinness Book of World Records|
|Adi Godrej||ICSIs Lifetime Achievement Award|
|Writer NamitaGokhale||Sushila Devi Literature Award for her novel|
“Things to Leave Behind”.
76th Golden Globe Awards 2019 complete list
Motion Picture Category
|Best Motion Picture Drama||Bohemian Rhapsody|
|Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy||Green Book|
|Best Actor – Drama||Rami Malek for “Bohemian Rhapsody”|
|Best Actress – Drama||Glenn Close for “The Wife”|
|Best Actor – Musical or Comedy||Christian Bale for “Vice”|
|Best Actress – Musical or Comedy||Olivia Colman for “The Favourite”|
|Best Director||Alfonso Cuaron for “Roma”|
|Best Screenplay||Brian Hayes Currie, Peter Farrelly and Nick Vallelonga for “Green Book”|
|Best Original Score||Justin Hurwitz for “First Man”|
|Best Original Song||Shallow (A star is Born)|
|Best Animated Feature Film||Spider-Man: Into the Spider –Verse|
|Best Foreign Language Film||Roma (Mexico)|
|Best Television Series, Drama||The Americans|
|Best Television Series – Musical/ Comedy||The Kominsky Method|
|Best Actress in Television Series – Drama||Sandra Oh (Killing Eve)|
|Best Actor in Television Series – Drama||Richard Madden (Bodyguard)|
|Best Actress in Television Series – Musical/Comedy||Rachel Brosnahan (The MarvelousMrs.Maisel)|
|Best Actor in Television Series – Musical/Comedy||Michael Douglas (The Kominsky Method)|
Current Affairs: Summit and Conference
- The fourth edition of the Raisina Dialogue inaugurated in New Delhi.
- The first ever two day Global Aviation Summit 2019 with the theme of ‘Flying For All’ will open on January 15, 2019 in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- The First ‘National Consultation on Child Protection’ for 2019 was held at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi under the Chairmanship of the Secretary, Ministry of Women and Child Development.
|Ministry of Women and Child Development|
|Union Minister||SmtManeka Gandhi|
|Constituency||Pilibhit, Uttar Pradesh|
- 6th ‘Women of India Organic Festival’ Inaugurated in Chandigarh
- Global Skill Summit 2019 held in Ranchi, Jharkhand
- 29th Indian Paint Conference – 2019 inaugurated in Agra, Uttar Pradesh, and The theme of the Conference is ‘Paints PeCharcha – NayeAayaam’.
- 4th meeting of the Council for Trade Development and Promotion (CTDP) in New Delhi
|Minister for Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation||Suresh Prabhu|
|Constituency||Andhra Pradesh, RajyaSabha|
Current Affairs: Ranking
- India is set to become the world’s third largest consumer market behind only USA and China by 2030.
- M C Mary Kom has attained number one position in the International Boxing Association’s (AIBA) latest world rankings.
|Henley Passport Index||79th|
|EIU Democracy Index||41st place |
| ||2018-19||2019 – 2020|
|Central Statistics Office (CSO)||7.2%|| |
Current Affairs: Mobile Application
- The North Central Railway (NCR) has launched a mobile application ‘Rail KumbhSeva Mobile App, to help people navigate through Prayagraj city during KumbhMela starting from January 15,2019
- TheCoimbatorecity traffic police launched a mobile application ‘Police-E-Eye’ for the public to report traffic violation
Current Affairs: MOU
- A MoU was signed between the Indian Army and PNB on the Defence Salary Package.
- Indian Highways Management Company Ltd. (IHMCL), a company promoted by NHAI, is signing MoUs with state-run Oil Marketing Companies (IOCL, BPC, and HPC). It will ensure availability of FASTags at petroleum outlets across India.
- IRCTC tied up with Bharti AXA General insurance company to provide free travel insurance of Rs 50 lakh
- The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) and the Central Public Works Department (CPWD) have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for co-operation in building energy efficiency.
Current Affairs: Defence
- Indian Navy’s new airbase INS Kohasa, set to boost Andaman archipelago defence, in Port Blair
|Chief of the Naval Staff||Admiral Sunil Lanba|
- Indian Army organised the Army Technology Seminar-2019 in New Delhi. Theme of the seminar is “Disruptive Impact of Emerging Technologies on Land Warfare”
Current Affairs: Sports
- Egypt will host the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, the Confederation of African Football (CAF) has announced.
| Egypt Capital||Cairo|
|President||Abdel Fattah el-Sisi|
- The second edition of Khelo India Youth Games inaugurated in Pune, Maharashtra
- Sydney and Brisbane Chosen to Host ATP Cup In 2020
|ATP Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) Chairperson||Chris Kermode|
- Liverpool and Egypt forward, Mohamed Salah is the 2018 Confederation of African Football Player of the Year, for second consecutive year he has won the award.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced USA Cricket as its 105th member.
|ICC Headquarters||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
- South African all-rounderAlbieMorkel announced his retirement from all forms of cricket, putting an end to nearly 20-year of professional cricketing career.
- Maharashtra tops the medal tally with 37 golds at the Khelo India Youth Games in Pune
- Bengaluru Raptors beat Mumbai Rockets 4-3 in the final of the Premier Badminton League (PBL) at the Kanteerava Indoor Stadium in Bengaluru to win their maiden title
Current Affairs: Books
|Manohar Manoj||A Crusade Against Corruption|
|MalalaYousafzai||We Are Displaced: My Journey and Stories from Refugee Girls Around the World.|
Current Affairs: Obituaries
|Harold Brown||Former U.S. Defence Secretary|
IBPSGuide Recommends Affairs Cloud Current affairs PDF