Dear Readers, Here we have given the list of Important Weekly Current Affairs 2nd week of November 2018. Candidates those who are preparing for Upcoming IBPS PO, Clerk 2018 and other competitive exams can make use of it.
Current Affairs: Important Days
|November 8||World Radiography day|
|November 9||Uttarakhand foundation day|
|November 10||World Science Day for Peace and Development||Science, a Human Right|
|November 11||National Education Day|
|November 12||World Pneumonia Day||Stop Pneumonia: Invest in Child Health|
|Public Service Broadcasting Day|
|November 13||World Kindness Day|
|November 14||National Children’s day|
|World Diabetes Day||The Family and Diabetes|
Current Affairs: National
1) Union Cabinet approves opening up of International Solar Alliance membership to all – UN countries
2) The country that has elected as a member of the International Telecommunications Union-ITU Council for another four-year is – India.
3) Supreme Court has upheld presumption that couple who live together as husband and wife are legally married and woman can claim maintenance under – Section 125 of Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC )
4) India’s unemployment rate jumps to 2-year high of – 6.9% in October.
5) With an aim to commemorate the 75th anniversary of Tricolour hoisting for the first time by Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose at Port Blair, the central government has announced a release of – Rs 75 coin.
6) Indian mountaineer Satyarup Siddhanta became the first Indian to climb Mt Giluwe, the second highest mountain in – Papua New Guinea.
Current Affairs: International
1) A sculpture in honour of Indian soldiers who fought during World War I was unveiled in – The town of Smethwick in the West Midlands region of England.
2) China unveils most advanced stealth drone called – UAV CH7
3) The country that is roping in India as a niche digital partner in tune with its rise as an internet giant is – China.
4) Sri Lankan Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa ended his five-decade-long association with Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP) and joined newly-formed – Sri Lanka People’s Party (SLPP).
5) World’s largest supercomputer Spiking Neural Network Architecture (SpiNNaker) machine designed to work in same way as human brain was designed by – University of Manchester in UK.
|President||Tran Dại Quang|
6) US exempt India, China from its sanctions for buying – Iranian oil
7) Twitter removes thousands of automated accounts in – US
|US Capital||Washington DC|
Current Affairs: State
1) North East’s first ‘floating water handloom huts’ were inaugurated at – Loktak Lake in Bishnupur district of Manipur
2) Vilnius and which state has signs MoU with the cooperation of urban planning, corporate planning, transport, solid water management and water management – Kochi.
3) High Court for Andhra Pradesh will start functioning from January 1, 2019 in – Amaravathi
4) World Bank and Centre and Andhra govt signed an MOU to $172 million loan to make farming viable in – Andhra Pradesh
|Andhra Pradesh Capital||Hyderabad, Amaravathi|
5) Election Commission sets up ‘Sangwari’ polling booths in various constituencies of Chhattisgarh to encourage – Women Voters.
|Chhattisgarh Capital||Atal Nagar|
6) Tourism Minister inaugurated tourist facilitation counter at – IGI airport
|Delhi Capital||New Delhi|
7) India’s largest container port, Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) is planning to host an edible – Oil Refinery
|Governor||Chinamani Vidyasagar Rao|
8) BhubaneswarMe Wi-Fi’ launched in – Orissa
9) Mo bus service launched in – Odisha
10) Tripura government to acquire 26% shares of Palatana thermal project from – IL & FS.
11) The state that has dropped the May Day from the list of holidays is – Tripura.
|CM||Biplab Kumar Deb|
|Governor||Kaptan Singh Solanki|
12) IIT-Madras has developed portable solar-powered cold storage device for – Storing vegetables and fruits
13) SEBI gave nod to Tamil Nadu for launching its State Shelter Fund for attracting investments in – The affordable housing segment.
|Tamil Nadu Capital||Chennai|
14) UP chief minister Yogi Adityanath renamed Faizabad as – Ayodhya
15) NMCG and HCL foundation to engage in Afforestation and Public outreach activities through Bal Ganga Mela in – Noida
16) Ahead of India-West Indies T20I match Lucknow stadium renamed after – Atal Bihari Vajpayee stadium.
17) Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation several projects including two National Highways and an Inland Waterways Terminal on River Ganga at – Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
18) PM inaugurates country’s first multi-modal terminal constructed on river Ganga in – Varanasi.
|Uttar Pradesh Capital||Lucknow|
19) Researchers at IIT, Roorkee, have developed fluorescent carbon Nano dots for simultaneous detection and destruction of – Cancer Cells.
|CM||Trivendra Singh Rawat|
|Governor||Baby Rani Maurya|
20) The state that has launched GPS mapping of government schools and personnel location system is – Nagaland
21) West Bengal cabinet, headed by CM Mamata Banerjee, decided to set up development boards for – The Matua and Namasudra communities .
|West Bengal Capital||Kolkata|
Current Affairs: Banking and Finance
1) RBI plans to appoint Ombudsman for digital payments by – March 2019.
2) ADB to provide US $13 million loan to EESL to promote – Efficient Energy usage in India
3) The Reserve Bank of India cancelled the certificate of registrations of as many as 31 Non-Banking 4) Finance Companies (NBFCs) Most of these from – West Bengal.
5) Banks that takes over MCA stadium in Pune over loan payment defaults is – Bank of Maharashtra, Karnataka Bank, Bank of Baroda and Andhra Bank.
Current Affairs: Business
1) State-owned NBCC (India) Limited has signed an agreement with the Health Ministry to acquire – Hospital Services Consultancy Corporation (HSCC).
2) Finnish mobile telecom network maker that joined hands with Indian IT services firm Infosys to work in AI and machine learning driven solutions is – Nokia.
Current Affairs: Appointments
|1||Ashok Kumar Gupta||Chairperson of Competition Commission of India|
|2||Gaddam Dharmendra||Ambassador of India to Iran|
|3||S. S. Deswal||Director General of Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)|
|4||Abhay Kumar||Next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Madagascar|
|5||Adarsh Nair||Bharti Airtel Chief Product Officer|
|6||MS Dhoni||Brand ambassador of Bharatmatrimony|
|7||Sadananda Gowda||Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers|
|8||Narendra Singh Tomar||Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs.|
Current Affairs: Resignation
|1||Binny Bansal||Resigned as CEO of Flipkart Group|
Current Affairs: Awards and Honours
2018 UNESCO Asia-Pacific award for Cultural Heritage conservation
|Ladakh restoration project|
|2||France’s highest civilian honour Chevalier de la Lgion d’Honneur||Jawahar Lal Sarin|
|3||Maharashtra government’s Natvarya Prabhakar Panshikar Lifetime Achievement award||Jayant Sawarkar|
|4||First Indian woman who was awarded an honorary doctorate by the University of Strathclyde of United Kingdom in Glasgow, Scotland||Arunima Sinha|
|5||‘Global Education Award’||Anand Kumar|
|6||2018 London Press Freedom award||Swati Chaturvedi|
ATP world tour awards 2018
|1.||ATP World Tour No 1||Novak Djokovic|
|2.||Comeback Player of the Year||Novak Djokovic|
|3.||ATP World Tour No. 1 Doubles Team||Oliver Marach & Mate Pavic|
|4.||Most Improved Player of the Year||Stefanos Tsitsipas|
|5.||Newcomer of the Year||Alex de Minaur|
|6.||Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award||Rafael Nadal|
|7.||Arthur Ashe Humanitarian of the Year||Tommy Robredo|
|8.||ATP Coach of the Year||Marian Vajda (Novak Djokovic)|
|9.||ATPWorldTour.com Fans’ Favourite presented (Singles)||Roger Federer|
|10.||ATPWorldTour.com Fans’ Favourite presented (Doubles)||Mike Bryan & Jack Sock|
|11.||Ron Bookman Media Excellence Award||Sue Barker (BBC)|
|12.||ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Tournament of the Year||BNP Paribas Open (Indian Wells)|
|13.||ATP World Tour 500 Tournament of the Year||Fever-Tree Championships (Queen’s Club)|
|14.||ATP World Tour 250 Tournament of the Year||Intrum Stockholm Open (Stockholm)|
UNESCO Announced Asia-Pacific Awards 2018 for Cultural Heritage Conservation
|Award of Distinction||1. The LAMO Center, Ladakh, India.|
|Award of Merit||1. 5 Martin Place, Sydney, Australia.
2. Aijing Zhuang, Fujian, China.
3. Commercial Bank of Honjo Warehouse, Saitama, Japan.
|Honourable Mention||1. Ruttonsee Muljee Jetha Fountain, Mumbai, India.
2. Hengdaohezi Town, Heilongjiang, China.
3. Rajabai Clock Tower & University of Mumbai Library Building, Mumbai, India.
|New Design in Heritage Contexts||1. Kaomai Estate 1955, Chiang Mai, Thailand.
2. The Harts Mill, Port Adelaide, Australia.
|Award of Excellence||1. Shijo-cho Ofune-hoko Float Machiya, Tokyo, Japan|
Current Affairs: MOU
1) Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CIMAP) has signed MoU with US-based Research Institute for Fragrant Materials (RIFM) for improving the – Quality of fragrant oils.
|CIMAP Full form||Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants|
Current Affairs: Summit and Conference
|Summit And Conference||Place||Additional Info|
|33rd edition of the ASEAN Summit||Singapore||Theme: Resilient and Innovative Asean|
|18th Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Council of (Foreign) Ministers Meetings (COM)||Durban|
|INSPIRE 2018||New Delhi||It was jointly organised by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) and World Bank.|
|Food and Agro Buyer-Seller Meet (BSM)||Jeddah|
|5th World Internet Conference (WIC), also known as the Wuzhen Summit||Wuzhen, China|
|The third “Quadrilateral” or Quad meeting||Singapore|
|Indian Army and China organize a high-level meeting to maintain peace along Line of Actual Control||Bumla, Arunachal Pradesh
|The world’s largest financial technology festival Fintech||Singapore|
|The 38th India International Trade Fair (IITF)||New Delhi|
Current Affairs: Book and Authors
|1||Arivu||Murali Mohan Chuntharu|
|2||Mansi Gulati||Yoga And Mindfulness|
Current Affairs: Ranking
1) India overtook US as the 2nd largest smart phone market after – China
Current Affairs: Mobile App and Portal
1) Ministry of Women and Child Development has launched online portal to promote women farmers and entrepreneurs called – Mahila-E-Haat.
Current Affairs: Defence
1) NASA’s Ralph, a space instrument, will travel with the Lucy mission to Jupiter’s Trojan asteroids in – 2021.
2) The Defence Ministry has enhanced financial powers of vice chiefs of the three services from Rs 100 crore to – Rs 500 crore.
3) Indian Navy – Indonesian Navy Bilateral Exercise ‘Samudra Shakti’ began at – Surabaya, Indonesia.
Current Affairs: Sports
1) Star Indian wrestler who touched a new high in his career by achieving the number one rank in the world in the 65kg category is – Bajrang Punia.
2) The 2018 Men’s Singles title at the Rolex Paris Masters is won by – Karen Khachanov.
3) 34th National Junior Athletics Championships 2018 held in – Jharkhand.
4) The captain of the United States national cricket team is – Saurabh Netravalkar.
5) Lewis Hamilton won the Brazilian Grand Prix, he represents – Mercedes.
Current Affairs: Obituaries
|1||Stan Lee||American comic-book writer|
|2||Lalan Sarang||Veteran theatre and Marathi film actor|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to14th November 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th November 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st October 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st October 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th October 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th October 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 30th September 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st September 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th September 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th September 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st August 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st August 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th August 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th August 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st July 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st July 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th July 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th July 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 30th June 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st June 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th June 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th June 2018)||Click Here to Download|