Important Weekly Current Affairs PDF Download (22nd to 31st March 2018)
Dear Readers, Here we have given the list of Important Weekly Current Affairs 4th Week of March 2018. Candidates those who are preparing for Upcoming SBI Clerk 2018 and other competitive exams can make use of it.
Important Weekly Current Affairs 4th Week of March 2018
1) The World Water Day is observed on – 22 March.
|Theme||Nature for Water.|
2) The Health Ministry has hiked the seats reserved for disabled students in postgraduate medical courses – From 3% to 5%.
3) To further push Digital India revolution in country’s far flung villages, free wifi service unveiled in – Udwada village in Gujarat’s Valsad district.
4) The Kerala government has declared its official fruit of the state as – Jackfruit.
5) India’s largest lender SBI has reminded its customers that cheque books of six banks that merged with it will become invalid after – March 31.
6) To roll out two digital solutions to facilitate the transfer of funds for its delivery partner’s online Food ordering and delivery platform Swiggy has partnered with the country’s largest private sector lender – ICICI Bank.
7) The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the opening of 18 new Indian Missions in Africa over a four year period from – 2018-2021.
8) The Union Cabinet has approved North East Industrial Development Scheme (NEIDS), 2017 to promote – Employment in North Eastern Region states including Sikkim.
9) The Union Cabinet has given its in principle approval for inclusion of communities, namely ‘Parivara and Talawara’ as synonym of Nayaka at in the list of Scheduled Tribes (STs) of – Karnataka.
10) The Union Cabinet has given its approval for revision existing Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) between – India and Qatar.
11) 105th Indian Science Congress has been adjudged as Best Design Pavilion- The NHAI (National Highways Authority of India) pavilion.
12) Canadian mathematician Robert Langlands has won the prestigious Abel Prize for – developing a programme connecting representation theory to number theory.
13) The Union Cabinet on Wednesday approved the Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission, which aims to provide an annual health cover of – Rs5 lakh to 10 crore poor families.
14) NITI Aayog and Piramal Foundation have inked Statement of Intent (SoI) to work closely with District Collectors and key officers of ‘Aspirational Districts’ to support their transformation in terms of – healthcare, education and nutrition.
15) The World Meteorological Day is celebrated annually on – March 23.
|Theme 2018||Weather-Ready, Climate-Smart|
16) An indigenously built frigate of the Indian Navy was decommissioned in Mumbai after over three decades of service – INS Ganga.
17) Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Thaawarchand Gehlot launched the first Indian Sign Language (ISL) Dictionary of three thousand words at a function in – New Delhi.
|Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (Cabinet Minister)||Thawar Chand Gehlot|
|Member of Rajya Sabha||Madhya Pradesh|
|Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (Minister of State)||Krishan Pal Gurjar, Vijay Sampla, Ramdas Athawale|
18) The government has fixed the agriculture credit target for the year 2018-19 is – 11 lakh crore rupees.
19) India is expected to establish itself as the third largest travel and tourism economy by 2028
20) US Federal Reserve hikes interest rate by – 25 bps
|US Federal Reserve Headquarters||Washington, D.C., United States|
|US Federal Reserve Chairperson||Jerome Powell|
21) India and China have agreed to explore the possibility of strengthening cooperation through exchange of visits and institutionalized dialogue mechanisms in order to promote better understanding and cooperation on – defense forces.
|China President||Xi Jinping|
22) The state Government which has launched, NAIPUNYA RATHAM or World on Wheels, a multi-utility vehicle which aims to bring technology to the remote corners is – Andhra Pradesh.
|Andhra Pradesh Capital||Hyderabad, Amravati|
|Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister||N.Chandrababu Naidu|
|Andhra Pradesh Governor||E.S Lakshmi Narasimhan|
23) The Delhi government allocated over Rs 846 crore to the – PWD for 2018-19 fiscal.
|Delhi Chief Minister||Arvind Kejriwal|
|Delhi Lieutenant Governor||Anil Baijal|
24) The Bank which has received approval from the Ministry of Corporate Affairs for merger of its fully-owned subsidiary All Bank Finance with itself- Allahabad
|Allahabad Bank Headquarters||Kolkata|
|Allahabad Bank Tagline||A tradition of trust|
|Allahabad Bank MD and CEO||Usha Ananthasubramanian|
25) The Small Finance Bank which has launched a new ‘Yellow Army Savings Account’ to increase its customer base through its association with the Chennai Super Kings (CSK), a franchise of the Indian Premium League (IPL) is – Equitas Small Finance Bank.
|Equitas Small Finance Bank Headquarters||Chennai|
|Equitas Small Finance Bank (Part-time Chairman)||Arun Ramanathan|
26) Bengaluru-based start-up Fisdom and Lakshmi Vilas Bank have entered into a partnership to enable investments in the National Pension Scheme (NPS) in a – Completely digital and paperless manner.
|Lakshmi Vilas Bank Headquarters||Chennai|
|Lakshmi Vilas Bank Tagline||The Changing Face of Prosperity|
|Lakshmi Vilas Bank MD and CEO||Parthasarathi Mukherjee|
27) New India Assurance launched mediclaim policy named – ‘New India Global Mediclaim Policy’.
|New India Assurance Headquarters||Mumbai|
|New India Assurance Tagline||India’s premier general insurance company|
|New India Assurance MD and CEO||G. Srinivasan|
28) The Parliament has passed The Payment of Gratuity (Amendment) Bill, raising the ceiling for maximum amount of gratuity to – Rs20 lakh.
29) India successfully test-fired the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile with an indigenous seeker for the first time from – Rajasthan’s Pokhran test range.
30) Indian shooter Elavenil Valarivan shattered the qualification world record and claimed the gold medal in 10m women’s air rifle event of the season’s first junior ISSF World Cup in – Sydney.
31) All four Indian cueists, including multiple-time world champion Pankaj Advani, qualified for the knockout stage at the Asian Billiards Championship in – Myanmar.
32) International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade is considered on – March 25.
|Theme||Remember Slavery: Triumphs and Struggles for Freedom and Equality|
33) Indian Railway encompasses 90 stations revamping in world class – Transit hub.
34) India’s 2nd mission to the Moon postponed to – October.
35) President Kovind lays foundation stone of several road projects of NHAI in – Varanasi.
36) UIDAI set to introduce face authentication feature from – July 1.
37) World’s largest cruise ship ‘Symphony of The Seas’ sets sail in France.
38) The world’s longest sandstone cave named Krem Puri was discovered near Laitsohum village in Mawsynram area in East Khasi Hills district of – Meghalaya.
|Governor||Shri Ganga Prasad.|
39) The Assam government started construction of one lakh toilets today across the state under the – Swachh Bharat Mission.
40) The rhino census at the world heritage site Kaziranga National Park began In – Assam.
41) Private sector lender HDFC Bank signed an agreement with – The Government e-Marketplace (GeM).
|MD & CEO||Aditya Puri.|
42) The government has fixed the agriculture credit target of 11 lakh crore rupees for the year – 2018-19.
43) Union Agriculture Minister had addressed the 5th India Maize Summit in – New Delhi.
44) India & China Economic Group meeting started in – New Delhi.
45) 1st International exhibition of graphic prints ‘Print Biennale India 2018’ inaugurated In – New Delhi.
46) New President of Peru is – Martin Vizcarra.
|Prime Minister||Mercedes Aráoz|
47) JS Rajput nominated India’s representative to – UNESCO’s Executive Board.
48) Ahmadabad airport receives award for – Most Improved Airport.
49) ‘Water Digest Award’ for best water conservation and irrigation facility is won by – Chhattisgarh.
|Governor||Balram Das Tandon|
50) G.K. Reddy Memorial National Award for journalism won by – Karan Thapar.
51) London Based Organisation SACF Wins – Frederick Pincott Award.
52) What is the rank of India in the largest automobile market in the world – Fourth.
53) Australian Grand Prix2018 is won by – Sebastian Vettel.
54) Indian Olympic Association (IOA) chooses PV Sindhu as the flag-bearer of the – Commonwealth Games.
55) The Jockey Cup International Youth Invitational Football Tournament was won by – India Under-16 Team.
56) Asian Billiards Championships Title is won by – Pankaj Advani
57) India’s 15-year-old shooter who won a gold medal at the ISSF Junior World Cup- Anish Bhanwala.
58) Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden was opened for visitors in – Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir.
59) Ministry of Finance has approved Government guarantee of Rs. 5000 crore in the – IRFC bonds.
60) World’s oldest city becomes ‘Wireless’- Varanasi.
61) SWIFT expands which System to help Banks – GPI Tracker System.
62) Airport Authority of India Signs MoU with Assam Government for the sustainable development of human settlements at villages in – Kamrup district.
63) ISA and India Signed – Host Country Agreement.
64) ‘National Conference on Down Syndrome’ held in – New Delhi.
65) Housing & Urban Ministry has approved the construction of 3,21,567 affordable houses under – PMAY.
66) 11th Rashtriya Rifles biennial conference at Nagrota on – 26-27 March 2018.
67) Mirnalini Dayal and Yogesh Kumar shortlisted for – Commonwealth Youth Awards.
68) The rank of India in the largest electricity producer in the world is – Third.
69) The rank of India in mobile download speeds is –109.
70) Government launches E-Tribes India on – e-commerce platforms.
71) NASA, SpaceX collaborate to search for exoplanets the mission is called – TESS.
72) Gujarat’s which district has become the first district in the country to have 100 percent solar powered Primary Health Centers (PHC) – Surat.
73) CBDT has extended the deadline for the PAN-Aadhaar linking to – June 30.
74) Telecom Secretary Aruna Sundararajan said that India will be ready with a full roadmap for 5G technology by – June
75) Department Of Posts launched the Cool EMS Service between – India and Japan.
76) Government has Setup of National Academic Depository (NAD) for Digitalization of – School Records.
77) India has signed an agreement to a roadmap for addressing trade imbalance with – China.
78) India’s first Insect Museum opened in – Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
|Chief Minister||K Palaniswamy|
79) The rank of Bandhan Bank in India’s most valued bank list is – 8th.
|Bandhan Bank Headquarters||Kolkata|
|CEO||Chandra Shekhar Ghosh|
80) Exim Bank extends $500 million loan facility to 15-nation group in – South Africa.
81) Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma and Badminton Ace P V Sindhu had featured in the Forbes – 30 Under 30 Asia 2018 list.
82) Election icon for Karnataka Assembly polls Is – Rahul Dravid.
|Karnataka Chief Minister||Sidharamaya|
|Karnataka Governor||Vajubai Rudubai Vala|
83) Vijay Raghavan appointed as – Principal Scientific Advisor to Government.
84) New President of Myanmar’s Parliament is – Win Myint.
85) Indu Bhushan has appointed as CEO of – Ayushman Bharat Mission.
86) Software major SAP has partnered with NITI Aayog’s – Atal Innovation Mission.
|NITI Aayog’s Chairman||Narendra Modi|
|Vice Chairman||Rajiv Kumar|
87) India has signed $80 million loan agreement with – ADB.
88) Manu Bhaker and Anmol secured India’s seventh gold medal in the ISSF Junior World Cup in – Sydney, Australia.
89) STEVE Smith and David Warner have been slapped with historic – 12-month suspensions.
90) Cabinet approves certain official amendments to the – National Medical Commission (NMC) Bill.
91) Cabinet approves re-structuring of – NSDF and NSDC.
92) Rs 350 coin to mark birth anniversary of – Guru Gobind Singh.
93) CCEA approves continuation of credit guarantee fund scheme for – Education Loans.
94) Harsimrat Kaur Badal to inaugurate Rajasthan’s first mega food park in – Ajmer.
95) RBI imposes Rs.59 crore penalty on – ICICI Bank.
96) Cabinet approves Rs 4,500 Crore to boost development projects In – North-East.
97) SEBI Allows Physical Settlement Of – Stock Derivatives.
98) GIFT has signed a MoU to promote IFSC Operations with – Deloitte.
99) Shekhar Kapur to head the jury for – 65th National Film Awards.
100) SARAS Aajeevika Mela 2018 held In – New Delhi.
101) The 27-hour countdown began yesterday for the launch of ISRO’s GSLV-F08 mission carrying the – GSAT-6A communication satellite.
|Chairman||Dr. K Sivan|
102) The organisation that has launched the pensioner’s portal is called – EPFO.
103) Smith’s autobiography put in crime section of Aus bookstore, the name of the book is – ‘The Journey’ by Steve Smith.
104) In IPL 2018 Williamson replaces Warner as captain of – Sun Risers Hyderabad.
105) India’s fastest growing brand for 2017 with 1.5 lac+ and 400+ exclusive showrooms in the country – KTM
106) Former cricketer and MP Sachin Tendulkar has sanctioned Rs.40 lakh from his Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme fund for construction of a school building in – Drugmulla area in Jammu and Kashmir.
107) New Prime Minister of Ethiopia is – Abiy Ahmed.
108) Micro Finance Bank that has announced the commencement of its banking operations – Jana Small Finance Bank.
|Jana Small Finance Bank Headquarters||Bangalore|
|MD & CEO||V S Radhakrishnan|
|Tagline||Likho Apni Kahaani|
109) The RBI has decided that its offices and all designated branches of agency banks conducting government banking will keep their counters open up to – 8.00 P.M
110) New Director General of Border Roads (DGBR) is – Lt Gen Harpal Singh.
111) The new chairperson of the judicial member of National Green Tribunal (NGT) is –
Justice Jawad Rahim.
112) Ace Indian Shuttler Kidambi Srikanth has been appointed as a Deputy Collector by – The Andhra Pradesh government.
113) Abdel Fattah al-Sisi has been re-elected as President for a second term with 92 percent of the vote is – Egypt.
114) The Kerala government’s highest honour for lifetime contribution to Malayalam cinema J.C. Daniel Award is honored to – Sreekumaran Thampi.
115) The four-day 17th Sub-junior National Wushu Championship began in – Jammu.
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Mar 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Mar 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Mar 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Mar 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 28th Feb 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Feb 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Feb 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Feb 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15 to 21st Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 30th Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
/ 5. Reviews