Dear Readers, Here we have given the list of Important Weekly Current Affairs of 01st to 07th Apr 2021. Candidates those who are preparing for Upcoming SBI Clerk 2021 and other competitive exams can make use of it.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
- Rajasthan Diwas is observed on March 30thevery year to commemorate the formation of the state.
- Odisha Day, also Utkala Dibasa, is celebrated on 1 April in the Indian state of Odisha in memory of the formation of the state as a separate state out of Bihar and Orissa Province with addition of Koraput and Ganjam from the Madras Presidency on 1 April 1936.
- International Children’s Book Day (ICBD)is organised annually on 2nd April since 1967, by the International Board on Books for Young People (IBBY).
- The World Autism Awareness Day is observed internationally on 2 April every year, to raise awareness about people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) throughout the world.
- International Day for Awareness on Mine and Assistance in Mine Action: Observed on Apr 04
- National Maritime Day – Observed on Apr 05
- The United Nations General Assembly has designated 5 April to be observed as an International Day of Conscience every year. 2021 Theme: “Let Conscience Light up our World”.
- The International Day of Sport for Development and Peace is an annual celebration of the power of sport to drive social change, community development and to foster peace and understanding.
- The World Health Day is a global health awareness day celebrated every year on 7 April, under the sponsorship of the World Health Organization, as well as other related organizations.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL NEWS
- On March 31, 2021, The government announced it will borrow Rs 7.24 lakh crore in the first half of 2021-22 fiscal to meet resources to perk up the economy hit by the coronavirus pandemic.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the Central Sector Scheme called “Production Linked Incentive Scheme for Food Processing Industry (PLISFPI)”with an outlay of 10900 crore.
- The rate of interest on Small Savings Schemes for the first quarter (April-June) of 2021-22will remain unchanged as the last quarter (January-March) of 2020-2021.
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)has extended the last date for the mandatory linking of the Permanent Account Number (PAN) with Aadhaar number till June, 30 2021.
- The Ministry of AYUSH has invited applications for the Prime Minister’s Yoga Awards (PMYA).
- Government launched the All-India Survey of Migrant Workers and All-India Quarterly Establishment-based Employment Survey.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has congratulated DRDO and DMSRDE Kanpur for developing a Light Weight Bullet Proof Jacket.
- Union Minister of Ports, Shipping and Waterways (Independent charge) Mansukh Mandaviya launched a new cruise service connecting Hazira port in Surat and Diu Island.
- The second meeting of the Sherpas of G7 and guest countries was held.
- India’s biggest floating solar power plant with a capacity of 100 MW will be set up at Ramagundam in Telangana.
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar has said that India remains committed to further building the momentum of regional cooperation under the BIMSTEC framework and make the organization stronger, vibrant, more effective and result-oriented.
- In the Union Territory of Puducherry the Child Welfare Committee (CWC) here advised political parties not to utilize the service of Children in Electioneering.
- TRIFED unveils “Sankalp se Siddhi”- Village and Digital Connect Drive
- Center announces Birth anniversary of Dr B R Ambedkar on April 14 as public holiday from 2021
- The Information and Broadcasting Ministry has urged private TV channels to generate greater awareness on the message of Dawai Bhi Kadai Bhi by disseminating messages for COVID-appropriate behavior and vaccination of eligible persons.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has lauded the completion of Arch closure of the Chenab Bridge. It is the world’s highest Railway Bridge in Jammu and Kashmir.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar held discussions with Tajikistan Defence Minister Colonel General Sherali Mirzo.
- India’s Ambassador to China Vikram Misri interacted with representatives of Indian industry in Shanghai.
- The India Bangladesh ties are historic and multi-dimensional. India is keen to support the national effort of Bangladesh for the betterment of their own people
- The virtual meeting of the Foreign Ministers of Bay of Bengal Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) grouping finalised a major Connectivity master plan for the Bay of Bengal region.
- Spicy, Juicy, Lip-smacking Good Indian Food at 7 day long India Food Week in Beijing
- Russian Foreign Minister, Sergey Lavrov came to New Delhi for two-day visit to India
- Three Rafale fighter jets – Fourth batch land in India from France
- Russia has become the first country in the world to register the coronavirus vaccine for animals.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE NEWS
- Union Government has approved a 780 Crore rupees project for upgradation of Kargil Zanskar road.
- Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu arrived at capital Bhubaneswar on a two days visit to Odisha.
- In Kargil Ladakh, Rural Development Department Kargil organised one-day Training and Awareness Programme for Self Help Groups under National Rural Livelihood Mission at Sankoo block.
- Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu has said that the medium of instruction up to the primary school level must be the mother tongue or the local language.
- Andhra Pradesh Governor Biswa Bhusan Harichandan has been conferred the ‘Kalinga Ratna’ award for the year 2021.
- Uttar Pradesh govt inaugurates unique gift scheme to promote covidvaccination
- Foot marchers of ‘AzadiKa Amrit Mahotsav’ reach Dhaman, Gujarat
- Maharashtra: Shistura Hiranyakeshi in Sindhudurg Became Fifth Biological Heritage Site
- The state government of Rajasthan has launched a cashless medical insurance scheme titled “Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Swasthya Bima Yojana”, aimed at providing medical relief to all residents of the state.
- The Chief Electoral Officer of West Bengal Ariz Aftab launched two SVEEP Trams in Kolkata to increase voters’ awareness and to encourage more and more eligible electors to exercise their democratic rights.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING & ECONOMY
- On March 31, 2021, The government announced capital infusion totalling Rs 14,500 crore in four public sector banks (PSBs) through zero-coupon bonds.
- On March 31, 2021, The government extended the Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS) till June 30 2021, or till such time that an amount of 3 lakh crore is sanctioned under the Scheme.
- On March 26, 2021, Union Bank of India launched “UNI – CARBON CARD”, an HPCL co-branded credit card on the Rupay platform of NPCI.
- The Reserve Bank of India, RBI, extended the deadline to process recurring online transactions with additional factor of authentication, AFA, to 30th September of this year from the last date fixed.
- The World Bank Board of Executive Directors has approved a USD 32 million project to improve management capacity and quality of health services in Mizoram, a World Bank.
- A second extension, the senior-most deputy governor BP Kanungo retired from the Reserve Bank on completion of his one-year extension.
- The World Bank and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) have approved a loan for USD 300 million (about Rs 2,190 crore) canal-based drinking water projects in Punjab.
- Dutch development bank FMO will invest $137 million (about Rs.1,000crore) in India’s Green Growth Equity Fund (GGEF), managed by Ever Source Capital, while the fund aims to raise a total of $940 million.
- Reserve Bank of India Governor Shaktikanta Das noted that the monetary policy committee voted unanimously to leave the repo rate and reverse repo rate unchanged at 4 and 3.3.5 per cent, respectively.
- RBI twin the deposit limit of payments banks to Rs.2 lakh
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to enhance the aggregate limit of ways and means advance (WMA) limit for all States and Union Territories to Rs.47,010 crore, which is an increase of 46 per cent from the current limit of 32,225 crore.
- The RBI had issued guidelines in October 2018 for the adoption of interoperability voluntarily for full-KYC PPIs.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will provide refinance aggregating 50,000 crore to All India Financial Institutions (AIFIs).
- In Q1, RBI to conduct G-SAP aggregating Rs.1-lakh crore.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS NEWS
- Centre has proposed up to 25 percent tax concession on the purchase of new vehicles on submission of scrappage certificate.
- Homegrown digital payments innovation United Payments Interface (UPI) has processed Rs 5.04 lakh crore in transaction value an all time high during March 2021, showed data shared by regulator National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
- In spite of a tumultuous fiscal, BSE StAR MF processed over 9.38 crore transactions amounting to 3,33,095cr in the financial year 2020-21.
- CRISIL reported India’s GDP rate at –7% for FY21 and 11% for FY22
- UNESCAP reports India’s Economic Growth Rate at 7% in 2021-22
- NPCI transfers Bharat Bill Payments business to its new subordinate company NBBL
- Facebook and Google jointly plans to launch 2 new undersea internet cables from US West Coast to Singapore and Indonesia
- India has attracted a total FDI inflow of USD 72.12 billion during April 2020 to January, 2021.
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has upgraded its growth projection for India to 12.5 per cent for the Financial Year 2021-22.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
- The legendary actor Super Star Rajinikanth has been selected to be honored with the 51st DadasahebPhalke Awards, the highest film honour in India.
- Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao felicitated village, mandal, and zillaparishad members, who bagged the Deen Dayal Upadhyay Panchayat Sashaktikaran Puraskar (DDUPSP) awards.
- Professor Suman Chakraborty has been selected for the 30th GD Birla Award for Scientific Research.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU & AGREEMENTS
- Country’s largest lender, State Bank of India, has raised $1 billion from Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) to extend loans to the supply chain of Japanese automobile industry in India.
- NCML signs MoU with Agriculture Skill Council of India for skill development in agriculture sector.
- The country’s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India said it has partnered with Karnataka Bank to offer vehicle financing options for potential car buyers.
- Spices Board India under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry and UNDP India’s Accelerator Lab signed a MoU with the aim to build a blockchain based traceability interface for Indian spices to enhance transparency in supply chain and trade.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENT AND RESIGNATION
- Jeh Wadia has stepped down as the managing director of Bombay Dyeing and Manufacturing Company, the flagship firm of Wadia Group confirmed.
- Piramal Enterprises Ltd (PEL) has appointed Khushru Jijina to its board as Executive Director, Financial Services.
- Mallika Srinivasan, Chairman and Managing Director of Tractors and Farm Equipment (TAFE) Ltd, has been named chairperson of the Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB), according to an order issued by the Personnel Ministry.
- ONGC’s Finance Director Subhash Kumar has assumed additional charge of the post of Chairman and Managing Director following superannuation of Shashi Shanker on March 31.
- KPSC appointed Shivashankarappa S Sahukar as New chairman
- Bengaluru-based non-life insurance company ‘Digit Insurance’ has roped in veteran cricketer Virat Kohli as its brand ambassador.
- President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed Justice N V Ramana as the 48th Chief Justice of India, accepting the recommendation made by the outgoing CJI SA Bobde.
- Vietnam’s National Assembly confirmed Pham Minh Chinh, a career security official, as the Southeast Asian country’s next Prime Minister at an official ceremony.
- Ola Electric, India’s leading mobility company, announced the appointment of Yongsung Kim as head of global sales and distribution, overseeing India and international markets.
- Tarun Bajaj to take full time charge of Revenue Secretary.
- Subhash Kumar has assumed the additional charge as Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) on April 01, 2021. He is serving as Director (Finance) at ONGC.
- Senior IAS officer Mukhmeet S. Bhatia took over the charge of Director General of Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC)on April 04, 2021.
- Lieutenant General Manjinder Singh, YudhSeva Medal, VishistSeva Medal took over as the Chief of Staff, Headquarters Western Command.
- Former Reserve Bank of India governor Dr. Urjit Patel has been appointed as Additional Director of Britannia Industries with effect from 31st March, 2021 for tenure of 5 years.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
- On March 27, 2021 Adani Transmission Limited (ATL) signed a definitive agreement with EsselInfra Projects Limited (EIL) to acquire Warora-Kurnool Transmission Limited (WKTL) for an enterprise value of Rs 3,370 crore.
- On April 01, 2021, Anil Ambani Group’s Reliance Infrastructure (RInfra) sold its headquarters (HQ) in Mumbai’s Santacruz to YES Bank for Rs 1,200 crore.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS & AUTHORS
- On March 31, 2021, Vice President of India, Venkaiah Naidu released noted bureaucrat and former Chief Secretary of Andhra Pradesh Mohan Kanda’s book, ‘Agriculture in India: Contemporary challenges in the context of doubling farmers’ income
- Vice President Venkaiah Naidu Releases Book ‘Suparipalana
- A book titled Cinema Through Rasa: A Tryst with Masterpieces in the Light of Rasa Siddhanta authored by Prachandpraveer
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING & INDICES
- India has slipped 28 places to rank 140th among 156 countries in the World Economic Forum’s Global Gender Gap Report 2021.
- On April 06, 2021, The 35th edition Forbes World’s Billionaires list was released.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE NEWS
- Special forces of India and the US carried out a joint military exercise at Bakloh in Himachal Pradesh in March 2021.
- Indian Army will participate in Multinational Military Exercise namely SHANTIR OGROSHENA -2021.
- The fourth batch of three Rafale fighter jets landed in India after flying non-stop from Istres Air Base France.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) has revamped its Industrial Entrepreneurs Memorandum (IEM) portal.
- On march 29, 2021, The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) notified ICEGATE or Indian Customs and Central Excise Electronic Commerce/Electronic Data Interchange (EC/EDI) Gateway as the common customs electronic portal
- Astrome, Bangalore based a women-led startup, has developed an innovative wireless product that gives fibre-like bandwidth at fraction of cost of fibre to help telecom operators deliver reliable low-cost internet services to suburban and rural areas.
- To monitor the rural drinking water supply systems in villages, the Ministry of Jal Shakti has decided to take the digital route to use sensor-based IoT devices
- Solar Physicists of ARIES have developed a New Novel Technique called CMEs Identification in Inner Solar Corona (CIISCO) to detect and track the accelerating solar eruption in the lower corona.
- On April 01, 2021 (BDL) Started flags off Akash Missile for Delivery to Indian Army. It was flagged off by Lt Gen A P Singh, AVSM, Director General and Senior Colonel Commandant, Army Air Defence
- On April 01, 2021, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) developed a lightweight bullet-proof jacket for Indian Army.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ENVIRONMENT
- The discovery of the species six line blue butterfly Nacaduba Sinhala ramaswamii Sadasivan, 2021 in the Agasth yamalais in the Western Ghats.
- A new species of flowering plants, recently discovered in south Maharashtra’s Kolhapur
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS NEWS
- India has been moved up to seventh position on the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) Men’s Cricket World Cup Super League standings after their seven-run win over England in the third ODI.
- The 2023 Women’s World Cup of football will be spread across nine cities in Australia and New Zealand.
- An Indian Women discus thrower Kamalpreet Kaur booked for the Tokyo Olympic Games after she sent the discus to 65.06 metres in her first and only legal throw at the 24th Federation Cup Senior Athletics Championships held in Patiala.
- South Asian Wushu Championship Kerala-based Aniyan Midhun Wins Gold
- On March 02, 2021, the 2023 men’s boxing World Championships will be held in Uzbekistan capital Tashkent.
- The 2021 Miami Open Tennis Tournament Hubert Hurkacz of Poland defeated Italian teenager Jannik Sinner in straight sets.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
- The renowned American writer , Beverly Cleary, children’s and young adult fiction has passed away.
- On March 28th 2021, Madagascar’s former President Didier Ratsiraka was Passed away.
- On March 25th, 2021, Lieutenant General Walter Anthony Gustavo ‘Wag’ Pinto, former General Officer in the Indian Army, passed away.
- Ex Union Minister and Gujarat MLA Digvijaysinh Zala passes away
- Veteran actress Shashikala passes away
- Japanese Nobel laureate Isamu Akasaki, inventor of blue LED Passed away
- On April 04, 2021, Founder member of the Samajwadi Party (SP) and former UP minister Bhagwati Singh Passed away.
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th April 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (23rd to 31st March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (16th to 22nd March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (09th to 15th March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 08th March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (21st to 28th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (14th to 20th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (09th to 13th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 08th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (23rd to 31st January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (14th to 22nd January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 13th January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (21st to 30th November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (11th to 20th November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 10th November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (18th to 31st October 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (10th to 17th October 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 09th October 2020)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 30th September 2020)
||Click Here to Download|