Dear Readers, Here we have given the list of Important Weekly Current Affairs of 15th to 21st Apr 2021. Candidates those who are preparing for Upcoming SBI Clerk 2021 and other competitive exams can make use of it.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
- World Art Dayis celebrated globally on 15 April every year to promote the development, diffusion and enjoyment of art
- Each year on April 15th, National Titanic Remembrance Dayis dedicated to the memory of the lives lost when the Titanic sank into the icy waters of the North Atlantic Ocean in April 1912
- The World Homoeopathy Day is observed every year on April 10 to commemorate the Birthday of Dr. Hahnemann, the Founder of Homoeopathy.
- World Voice Day is a worldwide annual event that takes place on April 16 devoted to the celebration of the phenomenon of voice.
- World Haemophilia Dayis observed on 17 April every year to increase awareness about haemophilia disease and other inherited bleeding disorders.
- The International Day for Monuments and Sites also known as World Heritage Day is an international observance held on 18 April each year around the world with different types of activities, including visits to monuments and heritage sites, conferences, round tables and newspaper articles.
- UN Chinese Language Dayis observed on April 20The event was established by The UN Department ofPublic Information.
- The Government of India chose April 21 as the National Civil Service Day as on this day the country’s first home minister, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel addressed the newly appointed Administrative Services Officers in 1947.
- Administrative Professionals Day is a day observed on April 21 yearly in a small number of countries.
- The World Creativity and Innovation Day (#WCID)is celebrated on April 21 every year to raise awareness about the importance of creativity and innovation in problem solving and encourage creative multidisciplinary thinking at the individual and group levels.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL NEWS
- Government has launched Aahaar Kranti, a mission dedicated to spread awareness about nutrition
- Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad launched the Online Grievance Management Portal of the National Commission for Scheduled Castes
- Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal chaired the first meeting of the National Startup Advisory Council.
- Union Health Ministry has said that 100 new Hospitals in the country will have their own Oxygen plant under Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations (PM-CARES) Fund.
- Secretary, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology Ajay Prakash Sawhney inaugurated three path breaking initiatives for National Internet Exchange of India, NIXI.
- Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri launched the EatSmart Cities Challengeand Transport 4 All Challenge through video conferencing.
- The Indian Air Force Commanders’ Conference 2021, themed ‘Reorienting for the Future’ concluded at Air headquarters in New Delhi.
- Education Minister Ramesh PokhriyalNishank launched World 1st affordable and long-lasting hygiene product DuroKea Series.
- Tourism and Culture Minister Prahlad Singh Patel has inaugurated the first-ever online exhibition on Ramayana.
- The dedicated Covid hospital re-established by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) will become operational.
- The Health Ministry said that 162 Pressure Swing Adsorption, PSA oxygen plants have been sanctioned by Government of India for installation in public health facilities in all States and these will augment medical oxygen capacity by over 154 Metric Tonnes.
- The Gallantry Awards portal has organized Innovative Tributes to Bravehearts competition wherein it is inviting participants from all over India to recommend unique and innovative tributes to salute the Braveheartsof the nation.
- Union Minister for Commerce and Industry, Piyush Goyal launched the Startup India Seed Fund Scheme (SISFS).
- Marking the continuity of growing bilateral defence cooperationwith the French Air and Space Force, Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria left for France on a five day official visit.
- Indian Oil has begun the supply of 150 Metric Tonnes of Oxygen at no cost to various hospitals in Delhi, Haryana and Punjab.
- Central government has extended the insurance scheme under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package for health workers for a period of one year.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has lauded the efforts of Tata Group for importing 24 cryogenic containers to transport liquid oxygen and help in easing the oxygen shortage in the country.
- The Ministry of Labour and Employment has rejuvenated the 20 control rooms in view of the resurgence of Coronavirus cases and imposition of certain restrictions by various state governments.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Haitian Prime Minister Joseph Jouthe has resigned as the country faces a spike in killings and kidnappings and prepares for an upcoming constitutional referendum and general election later this year.
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar congratulated Foreign Minister of Vietnam Bui Thanh Son on his recent appointment
- Tearful reunions filled Auckland airport as Australia opened the travel bubble with New Zealand for the first time in more than a year.
- Italy has launched its first ever mega food park project in India, comprising of food processing facilities, in a bid to further strengthen ties between the two nations.
- India and the US will coordinate their efforts for stability in Afghanistan.
- The India-EU Leaders’ Meeting will be held in a virtual format on 8th of next month.
- A webinar cum expo was organized between the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of National Defence Vietnam.
- China’s demographic transition owing particularly to its stricter birth policies has grappled it with the problem of ageing population and dwindling work-force.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE NEWS
- In view of the second wave of COVID-19 pandemic in the country, Nagaland Governor R. N. Ravi held a sensitization-cum-consultation meeting with all the tribal hoho leaders of the State at Raj Bhavan in Kohima
- The 77th Anniversary of Flag Hoisting Day was observed at INA Martyr’s Memorial Complex at Moirang of Manipur with Chief Minister N. Biren Singh unfurling the Indian Tricolour Flag and led the other in paying floral tribute to the Statue of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose installed inside the complex
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched AP Amul Project in Guntur district and outlined 4,000 crore plans to strengthen the milk supply chain
- In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha will share his thoughts through the first episode of the monthly Radio Broadcast titled “Awaam Ki Awaaz”.
- It will be carried by all the AIR stations of Jammu and Kashmir apart from Doordarshan channels of DD-Kashir and DDK Jammu.
- Union Chemicals & Fertilizers Minister Sadananda Gowda has said that cooperative fertilizer company IFFCO’s new oxygen plant at Kalol in Gujarat will enhance the daily production capacity of medical grade Oxygen by 33 thousand litres per day.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING NEWS
- HDFC Bank said it is planning to raise up Rs 50,000 crore during the next 12 months through issuing bonds
- As many as eightinstitutions and individuals have applied for on-tap licenses to set up universal banks and small finance banks.
- Food delivery platformSwiggy is set to raise up to $500 million from SoftBank Vision Fund 2 at a market valuation of nearly $5.5 billion, according to reliable industry sources.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS NEWS
- The Ghaziabad Municipal Corporation (GMC)has issued India’s first Green Municipal bond
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari said American electric car major Tesla has a golden opportunity to set up its manufacturing facility in India given the country’s thrust on e-vehicles.
- Wipro will embark on a robust hiring plan (with a YoY growth in recruitments), and offer skill-based bonuses and salary increments for senior employees after the IT services firm adopted a new operating model last quarter with a more linear structure
- E-commerce giant Amazon announced a USD 250 million (about Rs 1,873 crore) fund that will focus on digitising small and medium businesses, and driving innovation in the areas of agri-tech and health-tech in India.
- India’s pharmaexports jumped over 18 percent to 24.4 billion dollars during the last financial year in comparison to the 2020 fiscal year.
- The Department of Telecom successfully completed the assignment of frequencies to successful bidders of the Spectrum Auction, 2021.
- NASA awarded billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk’s space company SpaceXa $2.9 billioncontract to build a spacecraft to bring astronauts to the moon as early as 2024, the agency said, picking it over Jeff Bezos’ Blue Origin and defense contractor Dynetics Inc.
- Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC Ltd has filed a draft red herring prospectus with the Securities and Exchange Board of India to raise funds via initial public offering.
- The Cabinet gave ex-post facto approval for the Government amendments to the Finance Bill, 2021 enacted on 28th March this year as the Finance Act, 2021.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENT AND RESIGNATION NEWS
- World bank economist Poonam Guptahas been appointed as the new Director General of the policy think tank “National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER)”
- Pegasystems, a US-based software company with huge presence in India, has appointed Smriti Mathuras Senior Director and Head of People Organisation in India.
- IDBI Bank said it has appointed the company’s deputy general manager Jyothi Biju Nair as the new company secretary with effect from April 16.
- The Hindu Group Publishing Pvt. Ltd. (THGPPL), publisher of The Hindu, BusinessLine, Frontline and Sportstar, has appointed Krishna Prasad as Group Editorial Officer with effect from April 16, 2021
- Ajai Seth took charge as the new Economic Affairs Secretary in the Finance Ministry
- For the better management of the hospitals, the AAP-led state government has appointed Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia as the ‘Nodal Minister’ for Covid-19 situation in the national capital
- Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan has appointed Shaukat Tareen as the new finance minister of the country, the fourth to don the mantle, in another cabinet reshuffle, it was announced by his office
- SIDBI informed Sivasubramanian Ramann has taken charge as Chairman and Managing Director of the bank.
- Tata Consumer Products (TCP), the consumer products company uniting the principal food and beverage interests of the Tata Group under one umbrella, announced the appointment of Deepika Bhan as the Company’s new President – Packaged Foods, India, effective April 27, 2021.
- Miguel Díaz-Canel will succeed Raúl Castro as the Cuban Communist Party’s first secretary, the most powerful position on the island.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
- As part of former Prime Minister PV Narasimha Rao’s centenary celebrations, Mana Telugu Tejam National Awards were presented to people from various fields at the Birla Auditorium in Hyderabad on April 9
- Director Roberto Benigni will be receiving the Golden Lion for Lifetime Achievement at the 78th Venice International Film Festival, which runs from September 1 to 11.
- One Million for One Billion (1M1B) Foundation, a United Nations accredited not-for-profit organization is holding Lead Z Teacher Awards in July for educators across India who made extraordinary efforts to provide quality education during the pandemic
- The Marathi film “Puglya”has won the Best Foreign Language Feature award at Moscow International Film Festival, 2021.
- Six firms for investment deals selects by Indywood Startup Awards 2021
- FICCI Tamil Nadu State Council in association with IIM-Trichy hosted the first-ever Awards ceremony which felicitated the HR Managers and the team who had excelled in their fields.
- Software-engineer turned social entrepreneur, Rumana Sinha Sehgal has been awarded the prestigious ‘Nelson Mandela World Humanitarian Award 2021’ by the Diplomatic Mission Global Peace earlier this month.
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal has announced a 50 thousand rupees award for Mayur Shelke for exemplary acts of bravery.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU’s AND AGREEMENTS
- Atal Innovation Mission and NITI Aayog signed an agreement with Dassault Systems Foundation to jointly work towards providing a digitally rich ecosystem of Innovation among aspiring young minds across the country
- Union Agriculture Ministry has signed an MoU with Microsoft for a pilot project in 100 villages of six states.
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), a joint venture of PSUs under the Ministry of Power, announced it has signed a MoU with The Oberoi Groupto augment its sustainability initiatives
- Facebookis partnering with Mumbai-based clean energy company, CleanMax, to set up 32 megawatts (MW) wind power project in Karnataka
- Indian space agency, ISROhas signed an agreement with the space agency of France CNES for cooperation in its first human space mission, Gaganyaan
- The Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) launched the sale of a free trade licence (FTL) 5-kg LPG cylinders at the M/s Pilot Service Station (IOCL petrol bunk) on the Bandar Road.
- The Government of India and Germanyhave signed an agreement for Technical Cooperation in enhancing practices to prevent plastic entering the marine environment on April 19, 2021, at a virtual ceremony in New Delhi.
- The Cabinet approved a fresh Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, (CA ANZ).
- Cabinet approved the MoU between Competition Commission of India (CCI) and Administrative Council for Economic Defense of Brazil, (CADE).
- The Cabinet gave ex post facto approval to the Memorandum of Understanding MoU between the Director General of Trade Remedies, India and the Bangladesh Trade and Tariff Commission
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING & INDEX
- The Economist Intelligence Unit(EIU), in partnership with Facebook, has released the Inclusive Internet Index 2021.
- On April 20, 2021, In the latest World Press Freedom Index 2021, India was placed at 142nd position among 180 countries.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE NEWS
- On April 16, 2021, The8th India-Kyrgyz Joint Special Forces Exercise ‘Khanjar’ was inaugurated at the Special Forces Brigade of National Guards of Kyrgyz Republic in Bishkek.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS & AUTHORS
- The autobiography of Suresh Raina, titled ‘Believe – What Life and Cricket Taught Me’, is set to hit the bookstands in May 2021.
- On April 14, 2021, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will address the Association of Indian Universities’ 95th Annual Meet and National Seminar of Vice-Chancellors through video conferencing.
- Harry Potter author JK Rowling will release a new children’s book entitled The Christmas Pig. It was Published by Hachette Children’s Group and Scholastic in different territories.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPS & SERVICES
- The Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India K VijayRaghavan has virtually launched the “MANAS” App to promote wellbeing across age groups.
- On April 13, 2021, NITI Aayog launched a national digital repository on health and nutrition, called “Poshan Gyan.
- On April 15, RBL Bank and Mastercard revealed their partnership to introduce the Pay by Bank App, a mobile-based consumer-friendly payment solution that will be the first of its kind in India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
- On April 13, 2021, The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved billionaire Gautam Adani-controlled Adani Ports and Special Economic Zones Ltd‘s acquisition of 89.6% stake in Gangavaram Port Ltd.
- Indian e-commerce company, Flipkart announced that it will be acquiring Cleartrip, an online travel technology company.
- Nettle Infrastructure Investments, a wholly-owned arm of Bharti Airtel has acquired 100% stake in OneWeb India Communications Pvt Ltd
- On April 16, 2021, Quess Corp, a business services platform, will acquire the remaining 30% equity stake in Conneqt Business Solutions from Tata Sons for 208 crore.
- The government of Ghana, Bharti Airtel and Millicom International Cellular S.A. announced execution of the definitive agreement for transfer of AirtelTigo.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
- On April 12, 2021, Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare chaired ICMR’s International Symposium titled ‘One Health in India: Research informing biosafety, preparedness and response’ through video conference
- On April 13, 2021, The ‘Infant Toddler and Caregiver-friendly Neighbourhoods (ITCN) Training and Capacity Building Programme’ was launched.
- On April 15, 2021, Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal today chaired the first meeting of the National Startup Advisory Council
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launched a ‘National Nursery Portal’ to connect nursery operators with consumers.
- On April 15, 2021, Ajay Prakash Sawhney, IAS, Secretary Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) & Chairman NIXI inaugurated three path breaking initiatives for National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI)
- Union Minister of Education Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched “World 1st affordable and long-lasting hygiene product DuroKea Series Virtually. It was developed by IIT Hyderabad researchers.
- On April 10, 2021, Iran celebrated its National Day of Nuclear Technology, with an event held simultaneously in Tehran and in nuclear sites in different Iranian cities, in which advanced IR-6 centrifuges started operating.
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed SpO2 (Blood Oxygen Saturation) supplemental Oxygen Delivery System for soldiers posted at extreme high-altitude areas.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS NEWS
- On April 13, 2021, The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced the winners of the ICC Player of the Month Awards for March 2021.
- On April 16, 2021, Olympics-bound Indian wrestlers VineshPhogat and Anshu Malik clinched their maiden Asian Championship titles at Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- On April 18, 2021, Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands) won the Emilia Romagna F1 Grand Prix 2021. It was held in Imola, Italy.
- The 2021 Senior Asian Wrestling Championships was held from April 13 to 18, 2021 in Almaty, KazakhstaIndia won 14 medals to stand at third spot in the medal table.
- On April 18, 2021, the 2021 Rolex Monte Carlo Masters singles title, In Tennis, Stefanos Tsitsipas (Greece) beat Andrey Rublev (Russia) in a straight-sets 6-3 6-3.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
- Balbir Singh Junior who was a member of the silver medal- winning 1958 Asian Games Indian hockey team Passed away.
- Eminent Historian and an expert on Awadh Yogesh Praveen has Passed away
- On April 16, 2021, Former CBI director Ranjit Sinha passed away
- On April 16, 2021, Renowned radiologist and former Director of Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences in Hyderabad Dr. Kakarla Subba Rao passed away
- On April 14, 2021, Former Chief Election Commissioner G.V.G. Krishnamurty passed away
- On April 17, 2021, Vinay Agrawal, the Chief Executive Officer of Angel Broking, passed away.
- Famous Tamil film actor and Padma Shri awardee Vivek passed away.
- On April 16, 2021, Former India international footballer Ahmed Hussain Passed
- On April 17, 2021, Renowned Bangladeshi actor Sara Begum Kabori passed away.
- On April 16, 2021, Former India international footballer Ahmed Hussain Passed away
- On April 19, 2021, G Venkatasubbaiah, well-known Kannada lexicographer, passed away.
- On April 18, 2021, Former Union minister and senior BJP leader Bachi Singh Rawat Passed away.
- On April 19, 2021, Renowned 7-time National Award winner Marathi film-maker and writer Sumitra Bhave passed away.
- On April 16, 2021, Adobe founder who helped develop Portable Document Format (PDF) document & publishing software company Adobe Inc Charles Geschkepassed away.
- On April 20, 2021, Former Reserve Bank of India Governor MaidavoluNarasimham, Passed away.
- Walter F Mondale, the former vice-president and liberal leader Passed away. He served as the 42nd Vice President of the United States.
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st April 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th April 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th April 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (23rd to 31st March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (16th to 22nd March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (09th to 15th March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 08th March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (21st to 28th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (14th to 20th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (09th to 13th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 08th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (23rd to 31st January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (14th to 22nd January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 13th January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th November 2020)||Click Here to Download|