Dear Readers, Here we have given the list of Important Weekly Current Affairs of 22nd to 30th June 2021. Candidates those who are preparing for Upcoming SBI Clerk 2021 and other competitive exams can make use of it.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
- International Olympic Day is celebrated on June 23 to encourage more people to participate in the Olympic Games and raise awareness about the number of sports held during this event. The theme of International Olympic Day 2021: Stay healthy, stay strong, stay active with the #OlympicDay workout on 23 June.
- The United Nations Public Service Day is celebrated on June 23 of every year. This year, the United Nations Public Service Day will be celebrated under the theme of “Innovating the Future Public Service: New Government Models for a New Era to Reach the SDGs”.
- 25 June of each year is the “Day of the Seafarer”, recognizing the invaluable contribution seafarers make to international trade and the world economy, often at great personal cost to themselves and their families. The theme for 2021 Day of the Seafarer “Seafarers: at the core of shipping’s future”.
- The World Vitiligo Day, observed on June 25, is an initiative aimed to build global awareness about vitiligo. The theme for 2021 is Embracing Life with Vitiligo.
- The International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking is a United Nations International Day against drug abuse and the illegal drug trade. It has been observed annually on 26 June, since 1989.
- The United Nations International Day in Support of Victims of Torture – 26 June is an international observance held annually to speak out against the crime of torture and to honour and support victims and survivors throughout the world.
- Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day: Observed on June 27. In 2021, the theme is “MSME 2021: key to an inclusive and sustainable recovery”.
- National Insurance Awareness Day is celebrated every year on June 28.
- The International Day of the Tropics is observed every year on 29 June to highlight opportunities, unique challenges faced by nations lying between the tropics and celebrates the diversity of tropical regions. Theme of this year is ‘Digital Divide in the Tropics’.
- World Statistics Day is an international day Observed on June 29, to celebrate statistics. The theme of Statistics Day, 2021 is Sustainable Development Goal (SDG)- 2 (End Hunger, Achieve Food Security and Improved Nutrition and Promote Sustainable Agriculture).
- The United Nations has proclaimed World Asteroid Day observed globally on June 30 every year in its resolution.
- June 30 is observed as the International Day of Parliamentarism every year. The Day was designated in 2018 by the United Nations General Assembly.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL NEWS
- Minister of State for Education Shri Sanjay Dhotre launched NIOS Diploma course in Yogic Science on the occasion of International Day of Yoga.
- The Minority Affairs Minister Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi launched a nationwide “JaanHaiToJahaanHai” awareness campaign to create awareness on Corona vaccination in rural and remote areas of the country and also to “Crush and Curb” the rumours and apprehensions, being spread by some vested interests regarding the on-going vaccination drive.
- The union government is working on a ‘green tariff’ policy that will help electricity distribution companies (discoms) supply electricity generated from clean energy projects at a cheaper rate as compared to power from conventional fuel sources such as coal.
- Union Cabinet approved merger of Central Railside Warehouse Company Ltd with Central Warehousing Corporation
- With an aim to help central government employees who want to construct their own house, the center is offering House Building Advance (HBA) benefits to all central government servants (CGS). The basic interest rate charged on this HBA is 9 percent and the benefit will remain available till 31st March 2022.
- MoTA and NCERT join hands for NISHTHA Capacity Building Programme. The Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) and the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), recently collaborated on a joint mission for the NISHTHA capacity-building programme for Eklavya school teachers and principals.
- Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Minister for Law & Justice, Communications and Electronics & IT, formally launched the e-filing portal of Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT), ‘itat e-dwar’.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will interact with participants of Toycathon 2021 via video conference. Around 1.2 lakh participants from across India registered and submitted more than 17,000 ideas for the Toycathon 2021, out of which 1,567 ideas have been shortlisted for the three-day online Toycathon Grand Finale, being held from June 22 to June 24.
- Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Shri Prakash Javadekar in a virtual event released the Detailed Project Reports (DPRs) of LiDAR based survey of forest areas in ten states namely Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Nagaland, and Tripura.
- The FAME India (Faster Adoption and Manufacture of (Hybrid and) Electric Vehicles) Scheme is an incentive scheme for the promotion of electric and hybrid vehicles in the country.
- To strengthen the road connectivity in the border areas, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated 63 bridges in six states and two Union Territories built by Border Roads Organisation (BRO).
- All High Court websites initiated to introduce captchas for physically disabled access
- The International Financial Services Centre Authority (IFSCA) has constituted a committee to examine global best practices in financing and leasing of ships, identify opportunities and devise a roadmap to enable such activities from GIFT IFSC.
- The government extended the Atmanirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana, which was launched in October last year to encourage employment generation, by nine months till March 31, 2022.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Ebrahim Raisi, a hardline judge who is under U.S. sanctions for human rights abuses, secured victory as expected in Iran’s presidential election, Appointed by Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.
- The diamond firm Debswana has announced the discovery in Botswana of a 1,098-carat stone that it described as the third largest of its kind in the world.
- Nikol Pashinyan, the acting prime minister of Armenia, has claimed victory in a snap parliamentary election he had called in an effort to defuse a political crisis following a disastrous war with Azerbaijan.
- Tax Inspectors without Borders (TIWB), a joint initiative of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), launched its programme in Bhutan.
- The World Drug Report released on June 24 by the U.N. Office on Drugs and Crime in Vienna Around 275 million people used drugs worldwide last year, while over 36 million people suffered from drug use disorders.
- Turkmenistan’s capital city Ashgabat has become the world’s most expensive city for foreign workers, according to this year’s Mercer Cost of Living Survey.
- China replaced UAE became the 2nd Largest Export Destination of India in FY21
- Sweden’s Prime Minister, Stefan Löfven, has stepped down a week after losing a no confidence vote, deciding to ask the speaker of the country’s deadlocked parliament to find a new government rather than call a snap election.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE NEWS
- Odisha CM inaugurated scheme for COVID-19 Orphan Children – ‘Ashirbad’
- Nagaland Government has announced the approval for transfer of 2,000 rupees each to the bank accounts of all the Building and Other Construction Workers.
- The India Business Process Outsourcing Promotion Scheme (IBPS) launched by the Centre has facilitated expansion of several IT and BPO companies in tier-II and III cities across the country.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Mr. Vijay Rupani e-launched the Agricultural Diversification Scheme-2021 for benefitting vanbandhu-farmers in the tribal areas of the state.
- Andhra Pradesh Governor Biswa Bhusan Harichandan has released a Special Postal Cover brought out by India Post on the occasion of International Yoga Day at a programme held in Raj Bhavan.
- World’s First GM Rupper Developed at the Kerala-based Rubber Research Institute of India (RRII), the sapling was planted by Rubber Board chairman and executive director KN Raghavan at the board’s farm in Sarutari near Guwahati.
- An amendment to the Maharashtra (Urban Areas) Protection and Preservation of Trees Act, 1975 to bring in the concept of “heritage trees” was approved in a meeting of the Maharashtra Cabinet.
- Union minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurated and laid foundation stones of road projects worth Rs 6,155 crore in Himachal Pradesh through video conferencing from Manali in Kullu district. The projects included the 39-km-long Parwanoo-Solan section of the NH-22, constructed at a cost of Rs 1,303 crore.
- Karnataka CM announced that Prime Minister Narendra Modi would lay the foundation stone for the Bengaluru Suburban Rail project within the next three months.
- The Gujarat government announced ‘Gujarat Electric Vehicle Policy 2021’ to promote use of electric vehicles in the state. Chief Minister Vijay Rupani stated it aims to bring at least 2 lakh electric vehicles on the state roads in the next four years.
- The Delhi government has developed a portal through which families of COVID19 victims will apply for Mukhyamantri COVID19 Pariwar Aarthik Sahayata Yojana to avail financial assistance. Under the scheme, an ex gratia of Rs 50,000 will be provided to those who have lost a family member to coronavirus.
- The government of Odisha and the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has joined hands to improve household food and nutritional security by strengthening livelihood initiatives, reaching thousands of state-supported Women’s Self-Help Groups (WSHGs).
- Marking the birth of Guru Padmasambhava, Hemis Festival, a two-day event that is celebrated on the 10th day of the fifth month of Tibetan Calendar, which is the month of June/July in Gregorian calendar.
- Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant announced that the state has not had a single case of rabies in Goa in the past three years. Goa AM mentioned that the state has achieved 5.40.593 vaccination against rabies in dogs.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate a Zen garden and Kaizen Academy in Gujarat’s Ahmedabad. The virtual event can be watched live on the Ahmedabad Management Association’s YouTube channel.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani virtually inaugurated the country’s first Fenton Catalytic Reactor, an advanced industrial wastewater treatment plant, at Vatva industrial area of the city.
- Andhra Pradesh has started a programme to transform foundational learning in government schools for which the World Bank has approved a loan of 250 million dollars. The main objectives of the programme called Supporting Andhra’s Learning Transformation (SALT) are strengthening foundation schools and providing training and skill development to teachers.
- CM K Chandrasekhar Rao called for an all-party meeting, June 27 to discuss and finalize the guidelines of the CM Dalit Empowerment Programme that is being initiated by the state government.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS NEWS
- Under the new Income Tax Rules, it is mandatory to link PAN with your Aadhaar number before June 30, 2021. The PAN cards which are not linked to Aadhaar would become useless and declared “inoperative” and the KYC status will also become invalid.
- Bharti Airtel and Tata Group announced a strategic partnership for implementing 5G network solutions for India.
- The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)-Indian Green Building Council has launched the IGBC Green High-Speed Rail Rating System during an exclusive session with the National High-Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL).
- Indian utility Tata Power has partnered with sister company and automobile manufacturing firm Tata Motors to develop India’s largest behind-the-meter solar energy carport.
- Moody’s Investors Service slashed India’s growth projection to 9.6 per cent for 2021 calendar year, from its earlier estimate of 13.9 per cent, and said faster vaccination progress will be paramount in restricting economic losses to June quarter.
- S&P Global Ratings cut India’s growth forecast for the current fiscal to 5 percent, from 11 percent earlier, and warned of risk to the outlook from further waves of COVID pandemic.
- SBI Card has joined hands with lifestyle retail chain Fabindia by launching contactless co-branded credit cards to cater to the premium segment customers.
- Microsoft has officially unveiled Windows 11, a new iteration of Windows that promises a host of visual upgrades, as well as new behaviours to the basic OS experience. The new Windows 11 will be released as a build for Windows Insiders next week.
- The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), apex body to manage Central backed Skill India or the National Skills Development Mission of India campaign has announced a tie-up with global digital platform, WhatsApp, to launch the ‘Digital Skill Champions Program’ to train youth on digital skills, and make them employment ready.
- Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited (Jio), a subsidiary of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), and Google Cloud are embarking on a comprehensive, long-term strategic relationship with a goal of powering 5G in enterprise and consumer segments nationwide.
- Technology giant Google India has emerged as the most ‘attractive employer brand’, followed by Amazon India and Microsoft India, says a survey.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING NEWS
- Private lender ICICI Bank launched a Cardless EMI facility for its customers to use at retail stores. The lender stated the facility enabled pre-approved customers to buy gadgets or home appliances, by using one’s mobile phone and PAN card, in the absence of cards.
- com, India’s largest lending marketplace and Credit Score platform, and SBM Bank India, the youngest universal Bank, announced the launch of Step Up Credit Card – a credit builder product designed for consumers with limited access to formal credit, due to ineligible credit score.
- The RBI imposed penalties of Rs 23 lakh on three cooperative banks, including Mogaveera Co-operative Bank Limited, Mumbai, for contravention of various norms.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank (KMBL)has announced the launch of ‘Pay Your Contact’ an innovative feature on KMBL’s mobile banking app that uses the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) platform and allows customers to send money or make payments to any of their contacts across all payment apps simply by entering the beneficiary’s mobile number.
- State Bank of India (SBI), the country’s largest lender, launched a new healthcare business loan ‘Aarogyam’ on June 24, in order to provide greater support to the healthcare sector amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Afthonia Lab ties up with Yes Bank Startup incubator Afthonia Lab announced a tie-up with private sector lender Yes Bank to empower fintech companies.
- Women’s personal care brand, Clovia in partnership with Alliance Insurance launched a tailor-made insurance policy, “Women’s cancer shield” for breast cancer female patients.
- The World Bank sanctioned USD125 million financial support for Kerala. A meeting of directors of the Bank held in Washington approved the project proposal from the state government and sanctioned USD 125 million (approximately Rs 925 crore).
- Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) has launched a centralized web-based workflow-based IT platform, “e-PGS”. The new technology platform, e-PGS, is designed to provide a centralized collection and payment accounting with a high level of bank integration.
- The Government of India, Government of Mizoram and the World Bank have signed a $32 million Mizoram Health Systems Strengthening Project to improve management capacity and quality of health services in Mizoram, particularly for the benefit of under-served areas and vulnerable groups.
- Private sector lender Axis Bank has selected Amazon Web Services (AWS) to accelerate its digital transformation program.
- Ujjivan, a Finance Bank has tied-up with LoanTap a digital lender providing loan options to the salaried segment of customers.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENT AND RESIGNATION NEWS
- The Tamil Nadu government stated it constituted an Economic Advisory Council to the chief minister, which includes Nobel laureate Esther Duflo, former RBI governor Raghuram Rajan, former chief economic advisor to the Union government Arvind Subramanian, development economist Prof Jean Dreze, and former Union finance Secretary S Narayan.
- Nippon India Mutual Fund has announced the appointment of Rupesh Patel as Senior Fund Manager in Equity Investments and Hideaki Masago as Deputy Chief Risk Officer.
- The Centre has extended the tenure of appointment of Ananta Barua as Whole-time Member (WTM) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) for a period of two years beyond July 31.
- The Centre has extended the tenure of appointment of Santosh Kumar Mohanty as SEBI Whole-time Member by two more years.
- Former State Health Minister K.K. Shailaja was awarded the prestigious 2021 Central European University (CEU) Open Society Prize.
- WWF India has inducted Upasana Kamineni, Director, Apollo Hospitals, as “Ambassador of Forest Frontline Heroes” with the aim to appreciate the efforts of frontline workers in hospitals and in the wildlife protection space.
- Arunachal Pradesh woman Tadang Minu, becomes the first in the state and the second Indian woman in the country to be appointed as a member of the Coaches Committee of the International Boxing Association.
- Symphony Limited announces the appointment of Amit Kumar as Executive Director (ED) and Group CEO of the Company, effective August 2, 2021.
- Bharti Airtel has appointed Amrita Padda as Chief People Officer to lead the company’s people strategy as the company transforms into a digital services provider according to a company announcement.
- Tata Motors, in a regulatory filing made after trading hours, stated that Guenter Butschek would be stepping down from his role as CEO & MD from 30 June 2021.
- The Delhi government appointed former Olympic medalist weightlifter Karnam Malleswari as the first Vice Chancellor of Sports University stated by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal.
- Two-time T20 World Cup-winning former West Indies captain Darren Sammy has been appointed as an independent non-member director of the CWI board.
- The National Security Guard (NSG) and the Rashtriya Raksha University (RRU) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for cooperation and collaboration aimed at strengthening the core competencies of the NSG, which are counter-terrorism, counter-IEDs, and anti-hijacking.
- The State government appointed 41 Honorary Wildlife Wardens (HWWs) across all the districts as per the provision of Wildlife (Protection) Act 1972. They have been appointed for a period of two years till June 2023.
- Global payments technology major Mastercard announced the appointment of Nikhil Sahni as the new Division President, South Asia and Country Corporate Officer, India.
- Executive Director of the National Dairy Development Committee (NDDB) Meenesh Shah has been assigned additional responsibilities for the position of chairman of the dairy body for six months. The Shah took on an additional charge as chairman of the NDDB in force on June 1, 2021 after the term of Warsaw of Joshi ended on May 31, 2021.
- Vigilance Commissioner Suresh N Patel will act as the central vigilance commissioner (CVC) in the Central Vigilance Commission.
- Facebook-owned WhatsApp has hired former Amazon Pay executive Manesh Mahatme as its Head of Payments in India.
- The Centre has extended the tenure of Andhra Pradesh Chief Secretary Aditya Nath Das by three months.
- CBI Additional Director Praveen Sinha has been appointed as Special Director of Central Bureau of Investigation, a post earlier held by Rakesh Asthana.
- Social media platform Twitter has appointed US-based Jeremy Kessel as its new grievance redressal officer for India.
- The government appointed former Infosys CEO SD Shibu Lal as chairperson of a three-member task force which will assist in bringing major bureaucratic reforms through “Mission Karmayogi”.
- The State government appointed Dr C Sylendra Babu as Tamil Nadu’s new Director General of Police and head of police force with effect from July 1.
- Justice (Retd.) Shambhu Nath Srivastava, a former judge of Allahabad High Court and former chief Lokayukta of Chhattisgarh, has been appointed the chairman of IFUNA.
- Zoom Video Communications has appointed former Microsoft executive Ricky Kapur to lead its Asia-Pacific business.
- Private sector lender RBL Bank stated it has appointed Chandan Sinha, a career central banker, and Manjeev Singh Puri, a former senior Indian diplomat as independent directors on its board.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU’s AND AGREEMENTS
- Union Bank of India has entered into an MOU with The National Small Industries Corporation Ltd (NSIC) under “NSIC Bank Credit Facilitation Scheme” to support MSMEs with credit requirements.
- Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar and Fiji’s Minister of Agriculture, Waterways & Environment, Dr. Mahendra Reddy signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for cooperation in the field of Agriculture and allied sectors between India and Fiji in a virtual meeting.
- Leading fertilizer cooperative IFFCO stated it will set up a nano urea liquid manufacturing plant in Argentina in partnership with two agencies — Instituto Nacional de Asociativismo Y Economia Social (INAES) and Cooperative Confederation of Argentina ‘Cooperar’.
- Denmark signed the framework agreement of the International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement (ISA FA) and Instrument of Ratification with India, informed Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) spokesperson Arindam Bagchi.
- Maharashtra signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the British government under their ‘ACT4Green’ programme, which aims to enable the Indian and UK start-ups to expand internationally through market entry support in their respective cross-border markets of interest.
CURRENT AFFAIRS : APPS & SERVICES
- On June 21, 2021, International Day of Yoga, Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the mYoga app. It has been developed In collaboration with WHO, and the Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (Ministry of AYUSH), Government of India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS : RANKING & INDEX
- On June 16, 2021, The Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), released the Ease of living index 2020.
- According to the World Investment Report 2021 by the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), India received $64 billion in Foreign Direct Investment in 2020. In that India was the fifth largest recipient of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflows.
- On June 14, 2021, Swedish think tank Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) released the SIPRI Yearbook 2021. The SIPRI Yearbook assesses the current state of armaments, disarmament and international security.
- Founder of the Tata Group, Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata ($102.4 billion) has topped the EdelGive Hurun Philanthropists of the Century. The list prepared by EdelGive Foundation and Hurun Report.
- Out of 46 countries, India ranked 31 in the Reuters Institute Digital News Report, 2021. Finland had the highest levels of overall trust in news (65%) while the US had the lowest levels of trust (29%).
- “NTPC is the only PSU to consistently feature in India’s Top 50 Best Workplaces. This year NTPC ranked 38th up from 47th position last year. It also won its first-ever recognition of India’s Best Employers among Nation-Builders 2021”.
CURRENT AFFAIRS : BOOKS & AUTHORS
- Jnanpith awardee and bestselling author Amitav Ghosh authored a new book titled The Nutmeg’s Curse: Parables for a Planet in Crisis is all set to release in October 2021.
- Ruskin Bond authored a new book titled It’s a Wonderful Life. The Book is Published by Aleph Book Company.
- The award winning author Tahmima Anam Authored a novel titled The startup wife. It has been Published by Penguin Random House India.
- On June 26, 2021, Chief Justice of India N V Ramana released a book called Anomalies in Law and Justice Virtually. The Book has been Authored by Chief Justice of India N V Ramana.
- A New Book Titled “Policymaker’s Journal: From New Delhi to Washington D.C” Authored by Indian economist Kaushik Basu.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: PERSONS IN NEWS
- Mawya Sudan, a resident of Jammu and Kashmir, has become the first woman fighter pilot in the Indian Air Force (IAF) from Rajouri district.
CURRENT AFFAIRS : DEFENCE NEWS
- State-of-the-art CSS has been developed ab-initio at Armament Research and Development Establishment (ARDE), Pune in association with High Energy Material Research Laboratory (HEMRL), Pune, for the indigenously developed LCA Tejas and Trainer Aircraft, HJT-36 Aircraft and HTT-40 Aircraft.
- On June 18, 2021, The maiden Indian Navy and European Union Naval Force (EUNAVFOR) exercise began in the Gulf of Aden.
- On June 22, 2021, The Ministry of Defence has signed a contract with Goa Shipyard Ltd (GSL) for the construction of two Pollution Control Vessels (PCVs) for the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) at a cost of about Rs 583 crore.
- On June 23, 2021, Indian Air Force (IAF) and the Indian Navy commenced two-day Passage exercise. The exercise will be held two days, June 23, 2021 and June 24, 2021. It is the joint operational passage exercise with the US Navy Carrier Strike Group in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR).
- On June 24, 2021, The subsonic cruise missile ‘Nirbhay’ was successfully test-fired off the Odisha coast. Nirbhay is a subsonic cruise missile designed and developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) under the Ministry of Defence.
- To enhance military cooperation with friendly nations, Indian Naval Ship (INS) Tabar, which commenced its prolonged deployment on June 13, will visit a number of ports in Africa and Europe till September end, 2021.
- On May 28, 2021, the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully flight-tested a New Generation Nuclear Capable Ballistic Missile “Agni P” from Dr APJ Abdul Kalam island off the coast of Odisha, Balasore.
- On June 28, 2021, Turkey & Azerbaijan armies started joint military exercises Mustafa Kemal Ataturk – 2021 in Baku. The three day drill will run until June 30, 2021.
CURRENT AFFAIRS : ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
- HDFC Bank has given its approval to 3,55,67,724 crore shares in group firm HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company for over ₹1,906 crore from the parent company Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC).
- On June 25, 2021, The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved acquisition of the Zuarinagar plant of Zuari Agro Chemicals Limited by Paradeep Phosphates Limited.
CURRENT AFFAIRS : SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
- On June 22, 2021, the International Energy Forum (IEF) informed India that it has agreed to host the 9th Asian Ministerial Energy Roundtable (AMER9) in 2022.
- Under the Ministry of Power, NTPC Limited, organised a two-day workshop on Green Hydrogen. The event will be anchored by India’s state-run power major NTPC. The online event will be held through a video conference from June 22, 2021 to 23, 2021.
- On June 26, 2021, Andhra Pradesh Governor Biswa Bhusan Harichandan inaugurated the two-day International Education e-Conference. The two-day conference was held in virtual mode. The Conference held on the theme of Holistic Education for Excellence in Life. It has been organised by Prajapita Brahma Kumari Ishwariya Vishwa Vidyalaya.
CURRENT AFFAIRS : SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- The Indian Institute of Technology Madras, has launched a ‘Centre for Research on Start-Ups and Risk Financing’ (CREST).
- China plans to send its first crewed mission to Mars in 2033. It is a long-term plan to build a permanently inhabited base on the Red Planet and extract its resources.
- On June 25, 2021, The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully test fired an extended range version of indigenously developed “Pinaka”. It was carried at Integrated Test Range (ITR) in Chandipur off the coast of Odisha.
- Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) has launched a new centralized web-based work-flow-based IT platform, e-PGS.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
- The Central government declared Smart City awards 2020 in which Indore (Madhya Pradesh) and Surat (Gujarat) won the award jointly for their overall development. Whereas Uttar Pradesh emerged on the top among all states, followed by Madhya Pradesh and Tamil Nadu under the Smart City award, 2020.
- The Cochin International Airport Ltd (CIAL) won the Airport Council International’s (ACI) Director General’s Roll of Excellence honour for Airport Service Quality.
- Shri RK Sabharwal, C&MD, Engineers India Ltd. (EIL) has been honoured with the highest civilian award of Mongolia “The Order of Polar Star” by His Excellency, the President of Mongolia to recognize the outstanding contribution made by him towards the establishment of the first ever oil Refinery in Mongolia.
- A 15-year-old boy from Delhi has received the prestigious Diana Award for going above and beyond in his daily life to create and sustain a positive change.
- The Delhi Metro has received the prestigious ‘Outstanding Civil Engineering Achievement Award’ for the year 2020 from the Japan Society of Civil Engineers (JSCE) for its “High-Quality” infrastructure development projects under Phase I, II and III.
- Journalist Palagummi Sainath has been awarded the Fukuoka Grand Prize for 2021. The award, established by Japan’s Fukuoka city and the Fukuoka City International Foundation, is given to individuals and organisations for their work in preserving Asian culture.
CURRENT AFFAIRS : ENVIRONMENT
- A new species of skittering frog Euphlyctis Kerala has been identified from the surroundings of the Thattekkad bird sanctuary.
- A new Plant Species Sida keralens is found on the roadsides and wastelands in Thiruvananthapuram district of Kerala. Their findings have been revealed in the journal Phytotaxa.
CURRENT AFFAIRS : SPORTS NEWS
- On June 20, 2021, Formula One championship leader Max Verstappen won the 2021 French Grand Prix. Lewis Hamilton [Britain-Mercedes] stood second in the 2021 French Grand Prix and Sergio Perez [Mexico- Red Bull] stood third.
- Ireland all-rounder Kevin O’Brien has announced his retirement from one-day internationals Cricket.
- India’s men’s and women’s hockey teams will be captained by Manpreet Singh and Indian forward Rani Rampal respectively at next month’s Tokyo Olympics.
- On June 23, 2021, Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju launched India’s Official Olympic Theme Song ‘Lakshya Tera Samne Hai‘ for the Summer Games in July-August. Mohit Chauhan has composed and sung the song. The event was organised by Indian Olympic Association (IOA).
- On June 24, 2021, Tokyo-bound shooter Saurabh Chaudhary won a bronze medal at the 10m air pistol event at the ISSF World Cup in Osijek.
- Australian Swimmer Kaylee McKeown broke the 100-meter backstroke world record at the Australian Olympic trials.
- Sajan Prakash became the first Indian swimmer to qualify for the upcoming Tokyo Olympics.
- On June 27, 2021, Opener Shafali Verma became the youngest Indian cricketer to make debut across all the formats after being picked for the first ODI against England Women.
- Red Bull driver Max Verstappen has won the Styrian Grand Prix 2021 held at Spielberg, Austria. Followed by Mercedes drivers Lewis Hamilton & Valtteri Bottas finished 2nd & 3rd Place.
- On June 28, 2021, Indian shooter Rahi Sarnobat won a gold medal in the women’s 25M pistol event at the 2021 International Shooting Sport Federation World Cup being held in Osijek, Croatia.
- On June 27, 2021, India’s Deepika Kumari completed a hat-trick of gold medals at the Archery World Cup Stage 3 in Paris.
CURRENT AFFAIRS : OBITUARIES
- On June 19, 2021, Department of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) secretary Dr Guruprasad Mohapatra Passed away.
- Gottfried Böhm, the first German architect to be awarded the Pritzker Prize, has passed away.
- On June 24, 2021, Former Philippine President Benigno Aquino Passed away.
- On June 23, 2021, the founder of the antivirus software, John McAfee Passed away.
- On June 22, 2021,Carnatic musician Parassala Ponnammal passed away.
- On June 24, 2021, Veteran Malayalam Filmmaker & Cinematographer Sivan passed away.
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 30th June 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st June 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th June 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th June 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st May 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (16th to 21st May 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 15th May 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th May 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 30th April 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st April 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th April 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th April 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (23rd to 31st March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|