Dear Readers, Here we have given the list of Important Weekly Current Affairs of 23rd to 31st Mar 2021. Candidates those who are preparing for Upcoming SBI Clerk 2021 and other competitive exams can make use of it.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
- World Meteorological Day is observed every year on March 23 to highlight the importance of the role that people and their behaviour play in protecting Earth’s atmosphere.
- World Tuberculosis Day, observed on 24 March each year, is designed to build public awareness about the global epidemic of tuberculosis and efforts to eliminate the disease. The Theme for World TB Day 2021 is ‘The Clock is Ticking’
- Every year March 24 is observed as the International Day for the Right to the Truth concerning Gross Human Rights Violations and for the Dignity of Victims, to say no to all forms of violence, injustice and oppression against humanity.
- World Theatre Day is an international observance celebrated on 27 March. It was initiated in 1961 by the International Theatre Institute.
- Every year, the Earth Houris celebrated worldwide on the last Saturday of the March month to show support for fight against climate change and commitment towards better planet.
- The International Day of Drug Checking takes place on March 31 every year since 2017 to ensure people are educated on drugs and aware of their effects.
- International Transgender Day of Visibility is an annual event occurring on March 31 dedicated to celebrating transgender people and raising awareness of discrimination faced by transgender people worldwide, as well as a celebration of their contributions to society.
- World Backup Day is marked every year on March 31 the day aims to reminds us to protect our precious digital documents as we’ve become more reliant on technology.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL NEWS
- The Government of India has launched an ambitious scheme called “Gram Ujala” under which high quality energy efficient LED bulbs will be given for just Rs 10 per piece in rural areas.
- Department of Posts is organizing Universal Postal Union 2021 International Letter Writing Competition for Young People in all States of the country through the Postal Circle Offices.
- As part of Mission Sagar – IV, Indian Naval Ship Jalashwa arrived at Port Ehoala, Madagascar to deliver a consignment of one thousand Metric Tonne of rice and one lakh Hydroxychloroquine tablets in response to an appeal made by Madagascar for assistance to deal with natural calamities.
- India has welcomed the initiative announced by Saudi Arabia for fostering peace in Yemen.
- Indian Railways have launched a massive drive against smoking and carriage of inflammable material through Railways in the view of incidents of fire resulting in loss of property and danger to life in various Zonal Railways.
- Parliament has passed the Finance Bill, 2021 with the Rajya Sabha returning it to Lok Sabha.
- In a major move to improve commuters’ experience on National Highways for both passengers and truckers, the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) will develop world class ‘Wayside Amenities’ at more than 600 locations across 22 states in the next five years.
- Civil Aviation minister Hardeep Singh Puri introduced the Airports Economic Regulatory Authority of India (Amendment) Bill 2021 in the Lok Sabha.
- Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank has launched more than one hundred comic books created by teachers and students of CBSE schools and curated by NCERT.
- The government is working to roll out a GPS based toll collection system and introducing E-Highway from Delhi to Mumbai in the upcoming months.
- Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank held a virtual meeting with Director General UNESCO, Ms Audrey Azoulay in New Delhi.
- More than 68 lakh 33 thousand beneficiaries were provided maternity benefits in 2020 under the Pradhan MantriMatru Vandana Yojana, PMMVY.
- Prime Minister Modi announced Swarna Jayanti scholarship for youths of Bangladesh.
- Hyderabad-based startup, Maithri Aquatech has set up the world’s first mobile water from air kiosk and water knowledge centre in the smart city of Visakhapatnam, in Andhra Pradesh.
- Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan launched ‘Tribal TB Initiative’ in pursuit of TB Mukt Bharat.
- A team of four undergraduate students from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur (IIT-K)has achieved historic win as they emerged as winners at the CoreNet Global Academic Challenge 6.0, sponsored by Cushman and Wakefield, KI and IA: Interior Architects.
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship in association with 9 IIMS has invited applications for Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship till 27th of this month.
- Public Health Department, Maharashtra and National Health Mission, government of India dedicated ‘Two air conditioned Mobile Medical Vans’ to the nation in Jalna district of Maharashtra.
- Prasar Bharati CEO, Shashi Shekhar Vempati has expressed happiness that the public broadcaster-run Direct to Home (DTH) platform DD Free Dish has crossed 40 million subscribers.
- Union Minister of Law and Justice Ravi Shankar Prasad has said that whenever various types of challenges arose in India, Judiciary always came with an apt and competent answer to it.
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar met Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani and had a discussion on the Afghan peace process.
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar will attend the 9th Ministerial Conference of Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process on Afghanistan at Dushanbe in Tajikistan.
- The new version of Exam Warriors written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi is now available with many new mantras for students as well as parents.
- Jal Jeevan Mission has achieved a new milestone of providing over 4 Crore rural households with tap water supply.
- Union Minister of Education Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ inaugurated “Ānandam: The Center for Happiness” virtually on March 30, 2021 at Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Jammu.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar flagged off DEMU train from Phaltan to Pune via Lonand through video conferencing.
- Government has operationalised 22 new routes in the last three days under the UDAN scheme.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan, Mohammed Haneef Atmar arrived in New Delhi for a three-day visit to discuss, among other things, the ongoing peace process in the war-torn country.
- The US Senate has voted to confirm Indian-American Dr Vivek Murthy to be President Biden’s Surgeon General, handing the administration one of its top public health officials amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- The visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Bangladesh starting on 26 March will be of very special significance in reinforcing the comprehensive strategic partnership between the two countries.
- The Bank of England unveiled the design of the new GBP 50 banknote, which features British scientist and World War II codebreaker Alan Turing.
- India and US have agreed to further India-US economic cooperation on the basis of shared objectives and resolve pending legacy issues through mutual dialogue and discussion.
- India and US have agreed to further India-US economic cooperation on the basis of shared objectives and resolve pending legacy issues through mutual dialogue and discussion.
- Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and US Secretary of Energy, Jennifer Granholm have agreed to revamp India-US Strategic Energy Partnership (SEP).
- The New Zealand Parliament has recently passed legislation to provide leave for miscarriage and for stillbirth
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE NEWS
- Bihar has become the first state of the country to have its own ethanol policy called Ethanol Production Promotion Policy, 2021.
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands Governor Admiral D K Joshi declared that the UT achieved 100 percent Functional Household Tap Connection (FHTC) coverage in Islands.
- Nagaland Health and Family Welfare Minister S Pangnyu Phom launched i-Learn, a capacity building and performance tracking application for Community Health Officers, CHOs in the state at his office chamber in
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur virtually launched e-Office, e-Heli Service, e-Aagman and e-Lahaul for Lahaul-Spiti district from Shimla.
- The Union Minister of State (I/C) for Power & New and Renewable Energy, RK Singh, launched the GRAM UJALA programme in Varanasi of Uttar Pradesh.
- In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, Asia’s largest Tulip Garden in Srinagar is scheduled to be opened for the general public and tourists.
- Ladakh Lieutenant Governor R K Mathur has inaugurated the first Solar Lift Irrigation Scheme of Kargil Renewable Energy Development Agency (KREDA) at Latoo Village.
- In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, with the aim of promoting good health and expanding the outreach of comprehensive primary healthcare services to the people of J&K, Lieutenant Governor, Manoj Sinha e-inaugurated as many as 73 AYUSH Health & Wellness Centres under Ayushman Bharat across the UT.
- In Jammu and Kashmir, Principal Secretary Animal & Sheep Husbandry Department, Naveen Kumar Chaudhary has inaugurated ‘Pashudhan Mela’ in Kathua.
- The Regional SARAS Fair 2021, an initiative of Ministry of Rural Development, to promote rural products and build capacities of Self Help Groups, SHGs got underway at Kohima Local Ground Launching the SARAS fair
- The Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister, Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddy has inaugurated the Kurnool Airport located at Orvakal and named it after the first ever freedom fighter of the country, Uyyalavada Narasimha Reddy, as a tribute to him.
- Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana has registered a landmark achievement with the issuing of ten crore cards to a resident of Bihar.
- Union Minister of State for Tourism and Culture (Independent Charge) Prahlad Singh Patel and Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated the ‘Chhatrasal Convention Centre at Khajuraho.
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated Shaheed Ashfaq Ulla Khan Zoological Park in Gorakhpur.
- Under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat State of Goa is paired with Jharkhand.
- In Maharashtra, cyber criminals attacked Maharashtra’s Industrial Development Corporation’s (MIDC) computer systems last week.
- In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, as part of AzadiKa Amrut Mahotsav celebrations, a one-day awareness programme for farmers was organized by the Revenue Department at Revenue Training Complex, Jammu.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING NEWS
- Private sector lender ICICI Bank has launched an instant EMI facility on its internet banking platform.
- As per the ‘Amalgamation of Urban Cooperative Banks, Directions, 2020’, issued by the RBI, it may consider proposals for merger and amalgamation among UCBs under three circumstances, including when the net worth of the amalgamated bank is positive, and the amalgamating bank assures to protect entire deposits.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has set up a five-member Standing External Advisory Committee for the purpose of evaluating applications for Universal Banks as well as Small Finance Banks.
- In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, NABARD organized a credit camp in Samba district for the members of Joint Liability Groups (JLGs) to provide collateral free institutional credit support to landless farmers, sharecroppers, oral lessees, small & marginal farmers and other rural poor to take up farm, off-farm and non-farm activities.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has once again extended the restriction imposed on scam-hit Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative (PMC) Bank for a further period of 3 months till June 30, 2021.
- Various loans offered by Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFC) and Micro Finance institutes (MFI) are expected to be cheaper from April 1.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS NEWS
- India supplied two Mobile Harbour Cranes (MHCs) each weighing 100 tons to Iran.
- Government has said that more than 57 thousand lakh rupees have been disbursed under Atal Pension Yojana till February this year.
- Government has said that more than 23 lakh loans have been sanctioned to the beneficiaries under the Pradhan Mantri Street Vendors, Atma Nirbhar Nidhi Scheme – PM SVANidhi.
- State-owned telecom firm Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL)can launch 4G services, a key requirement for its revival, with an investment of about 1,000 crore against the estimated Rs.9,000 crore it would require as per the new tender.
- Manu Kumar Jain, Managing Director of Mi India, is giving out one-time hardship bonus to 1,200 of its corporate employees for roughing out a very tough, pandemic-struck year, 2020.
- American credit rating agency Fitch has revised India’s GDP growth estimate to 8% for next fiscal from the previous 11% on the back of a stronger carryover effect, a looser fiscal stance, and better virus containment.
- MSME Minister Nitin Gadkari expressed hope that with integrated efforts from all stakeholders, bamboo industry in India will be worth 25 to 30 thousand crore rupees.
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited, a central PSU, has established an e-Tendering Portal-PRANIT.
- The I-PACE is a Jaguar vehicle above all else a true driver’s car.
- Biocon Ltd, an innovation-led global biopharma company, has announced a partnership between Biocon Pharma Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Biocon Limited, and Libbs Farmaceutica, a pharmaceuticals company in Brazil, to launch generic drugs in Brazil, the world’s sixth most populous country.
- A Delhi court appointed a Local Commissioner (LC) to oversee the sealing of advocate Mehmood Pracha’s computer in a case of alleged tutoring of a witness in connection with the northeast Delhi riots.
- Government has received multiple expressions of interest for privatisation of NeelachalIspat Nigam Ltd (NINL).
- India’s economy has bounced back amazingly from the COVID-19 pandemic and nationwide lockdown over the last one year, but it is not out of the woods yet, according to the World Bank, which in its latest report has predicted that the country’s realGDP growth for fiscal year 21/22 could range from 7.5 to 12.5 per cent.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS
- WADIA-family owned GoAir is heading into a key management change after JehWadia resigned from the post of managing director after serving in the role for three years.
- Afghan President Ashraf Ghani has made two key Cabinet changes, a move condemned as “unacceptable” by his powerful governing partner, Abdullah Abdullah, at a time when the US is ratcheting up the pressure to reach a peace agreement with the Taliban.
- Suzlon Energy said market regulator Sebi has appointed forensic auditor to carry out forensic audit of its financial statements.
- Chief Justice of India Justice S A Bobde has recommended Union Government to appoint the senior most Supreme Court Judge Justice N V Ramanna as the next Chief Justice of India.
- Levine is a co-founder, Chairman or board member for several other start-ups, including FeeX, FairFly, Seetree, and Refundit.
- Leading Private Sector lender Karnataka Bank has appointed Dr. D S Ravindran as Additional Director (Non-Executive, Independent) on 24th March, 2021 and the appointment will be effective from 1st April, 2021. Dr D S Ravindran (PhD), aged 61 years, is a Retd.
- Intel has announced that it will be establishing a new standalone business unit, Intel Foundry Services (IFS) which will be led by the National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra alumni Randhir Thakur as part of the company’s new IDM 2.0 strategy for its integrated device manufacturing model.
- Seagate Technology plc, a worldwide knowledge storage and infrastructure options firm introduced the appointment of Shankar Arumugavelu to the corporation’s Board of Directors and to serve on the Audit and Finance Committee of the Board, effective March 19.
- IT services major Infosys announced the appointment of former Sales force executive Chitra Nayak as an independent director.
- To give wings to its global ambitions, TVS Motor Company has brought on board Ralf Speth, former CEO of Jaguar Land Rover.
- Three Wheels United (TWU), a Bengaluru-based tech-enabled financier of light electric vehicles, has appointed Hardip Singh Goindi as the company’s Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved various new appointments on March 25, 2021, as part of a bureaucratic reshuffle.
- The Congolese politician Denis Sassou Nguesso has been re-elected president of the Republic of the Congo with 88.57 percent of the vote.
- Finance Industry Development Council has appointed T TSrinivasaraghavan, Managing Director, Sundaram Finance as Chairman Emeritus, FIDC and Sanjay Chamria, VC & MD, Magma Fincorp & Umesh Revankar, MD, Shriram Transport Finance Co. Ltd. as its Co-Chairmen with effect from April 1, 2021.
- The Board of Directors of P. Moller – Maersk has decided to appoint Chief Technology & Information Officer (CTIO) Navneet Kapoor to the Executive Board with effect from 1 April 2021.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS & HONOURS
- The winner of 67th National Film Awards was announced on 22 March 2021 in New Delhi to honour the best of Indian cinema in 2019.
- Esaf Small Finance Bank has been awarded ‘Great Place to Work’ certification by the Great Place to Work Institute.
- Kerala Agricultural University has been selected for the Chancellor’s Award 2020 in the category of specialised universities.
- There has been yet another ‘recusal’ from Magsaysay Award recipient Indian Forest Services officer Sanjiv Chaturvedi’s petition by a member of the bench of the Central Administrative Tribunal, making it the seventh such instance since 2013.
- Harsh C. Mariwala, chairman of Marico, was named the EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2020.
- Governor Biswabhusan Harichandan has commended DGP Gautam Sawang for receiving the SKOCH Award as the best DGP in the country for outstanding performance in policing, public safety and taking up technical reforms in AP Police.
- Chloe Zhao’s “Nomadland” received a major boost ahead of the Oscars as the movie bagged the top prize at the 2021 Producers Guild Awards.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi handed over the Gandhi Peace Prize 2020 to Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rehman’s younger daughter.
- The Maharashtra Government has named legendary singer Asha Bhosle for the Maharashtra Bhushan Award, the highest honour presented by the government of Maharashtra.
- Hyderabad bagged three awards in different categories at the 2021 International Exhibition and 6th Smart Cities India Expo held during March 24-26 in New Delhi.
- The star-studded 66th Filmfare Awards saw Anubhav Sinha’s ‘Thappad’ recording the most wins with seven awards, followed by ‘Gulabo Sitabo’, winning six, both emerging as big winners.
- Minister for Environment, Forests and Climate Change PrakashJavadekar has congratulated Mahinder Giri, range officer of Rajaji Tiger Reserve for being the only ranger from Asia to win the prestigious International Ranger Award for his contribution towards conservation.
- Noted American author Carmen Maria Machado has won the Rathbones Folio prize for the year 2021.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU’s
- HCL Technologies announced its support for RISE with SAP, an offering by SAP that helps clients take their business-critical elements into the cloud, thereby accelerating their digital transformation and the value realization of their investments on their journey to becoming an “intelligent enterprise.”
- The Union Cabinet was apprised of the Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) signed between Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation of Ministry of Jal Shakti and Water and Disaster Management Bureau, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism of Japan in the field of Water Resources.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), India and Independent Administrative Reforms and Civil Services Commission (IARCSC), Afghanistan.
- State-owned Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) has signed a memorandum of understanding with CNB Logitech to monitor, track and optimize the movement of 5 million containers through the port located near Mumbai.
- To improve air quality of 132 cities under the action plan proposed in the National Clean Air Programme, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with different stakeholders were signed in the presence of the union environment minister Prakash Javadekar.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold talks with his Bangladesh counterpart Sheikh Hasina in Dhaka.
- India and Bangladesh signed 5 MoUs in the fields of trade, IT and setting up of sports facilities on the concluding day of the 2-day long official visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Vaccine developers Bharat Biotech International, Biovet and SapigenBiologix on March 29 collaborated with CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology to enhance indigenous vaccines and health care solutions.
- State-run Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) will buy out the share of its JV (joint venture) partner SP Ports Pvt. Ltd (SPPPL) in 5 million metric tonnes per annum (MMTPA) LNG re-gasification terminal at Chhara, Gujarat.
- Low-cost carrier and country’s largest regional player, homegrown carrier SpiceJet said it has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with New York-based Avenue Capital Group, for financing, acquisition and sale and lease-back of 50 new planes.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE NEWS
- On March 17, 2021, Indian Navy undertook Passage Exercise (PASSEX) with Royal Bahrain Naval Force Corvette Al Muharraq in the Persian Gulf under Operation Sankalp.
- On March 22, 2021, The defence ministry finalised a contract with Mahindra Defence Systems Ltd (MDSL) to procure 1,300 light combat vehicles for the Indian Army at a cost of Rs 1,056 crore.
- Pakistan will hold Pabbi-Antiterror-2021, under the aegis of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation later this year.
- On March 24, 2021, Indian Coast Guard ship ‘Vajra’, the sixth offshore patrol vessel to enhance coastal security, was formally commissioned into service.
- In the first, the navies of India and Madagascar conducted joint patrolling of Madagascar’s Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) and also conducted a Passage Exercise (PASSEX).
- India is to participate in France-led naval drill La Perouse for the first time in the Bay of Bengal.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING & INDEX
- India has gone down13 spots to rank at 56th place in the latest global home price index 2020 released by property consultant Knight Frank.
- China has the strongest military force in the world while India stands at number four, according to a study titled “ultimate military strength index” released by defence website Military Direct.
- India ranked 40 among 53 global economies on the latest annual edition of the International Intellectual Property (IP) Index.
- The “World Development Report 2021: Data for Better Lives” was released by the World Bank on March 24, 2021.
- Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, the year 2020 was the best year in history for the global wind industry as this sector installed 93GW of new capacity in 2020, according to a new report titled ‘Global Wind Report 2021,released by the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC– Headquarters location: Brussels, Belgium).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS & AUTHORS
- On 20th March 2021, Hon’ble Vice President of India, Sri M. Venkaiah Naidu launched the The Book “Bringing Governments and People Closer” A development practitioner’s prescription was launched through virtual mode.
- Actor Samir Soni will release his debut book, My Experiments With Silence, later this year.
- A Book Titles Indians: A Brief History of A Civilization” Authored by NamitArora.
- The American author Carmen Maria Machado has won the £30,000 Rathbones Folio prize.
- The book of Daribhalyndem titled NAME PLACE ANIMAL THING .
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
- On March 22, 2021, The government has fully exited Tata Communications Ltd by selling its 12% stake and has netted Rs 8,846 crore in the process, the department of investment and public asset management (DIPAM).
- The Indian Government has announced it will sell a 15% stake in Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) to raise nearly $103m (Rs7.5bn).
- On March 25th, 2021, Edelweiss Infrastructure Yield Plus (EIYP), an alternative investment fund by Edelweiss Alternative Asset Advisors, acquired 74 per cent stake in French energy major, Engie Group’s, solar portfolio in India.
- On March 26, 2021, The BPCL sold its entire 61.5% stake in Numaligarh Refinery (NRL) in Assam to a consortium of Oil India and Engineers India and government of Assam for Rs 9,876 crore.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPS & SERVICES
- A central PSU under Ministry of Power, Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID), has established an e-Tendering Portal-PRANIT which will lead to less paperwork and ease of operation, making the tendering process more transparent.
- On March 25, 2021, Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman here virtually launched Central Scrutiny Centre (CSC) and Investor Education and Protection Fund Authority’s (IEPFA) Mobile App.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- For the first time in the country, The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has successfully demonstrated free-space Quantum Communication over a distance of 300 metres.
- On March 22, 2021, Russian space agency ‘Roscosmos’ successfully launched 38 foreign satellites into orbit, onboard Soyuz-2.1a carrier rocket from the Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan.
- On March 24, 2021, North Korea fired two ballistic missiles into the Sea of Japan.
- On March 26, 2021, Pakistan conducted a successful test-fired of a Shaheen-1A nuclear-capable surface-to-surface ballistic missile.
- ITI Limited, India’s telecom products manufacturing arm, and Thalamus Irwine, a local startup have come together to develop a technology for storing medical data on blockchain.
- Cochin Shipyard Ltd. delivers MV ‘Sindhu’ A 500 pax passengers cum 150 MT Cargo Vessel built indigenously for Andaman and Nicobar Island.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ENVIRONMENT
- The study led by researchers from Pune-based Agharkar Research Institute (ARI) named the new species found in the Mulariver as Epithemiaagharkarii, in honour of the institute’s founder-director SP Agharka.
- On March 25th, 2021, the African forest elephant is listed as Critically Endangered and the African savanna elephant as Endangered on the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species.
- The new bacterial strains discovered from different locations aboard the ISS .
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
- Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare addressed the 7th annual summit of NATHEALTH.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS NEWS
- The Sports Ministry has decided to extend the Khelo India scheme for a period of five years, from 2021-22 to 2025-26.
- On March 21, 2021, India Legends defeated Sri Lanka Legends by 14 runs in the final of Road Safety World Series to clinch the title.
- In badminton, Malaysia’s Lee ZiiJia has won the All England Badminton Championships men’s title as he defeated Denmark’s Viktor Axelsen in the summit clash.
- Girl Gang, a track by New Zealand singer Gin Wigmore, has been announced as the official song of the 2022 ICC Women’s World Cup.
- India captain Virat Kohli and vice-captain Rohit Sharma are among the India batsmen to progress in the ICC Men’s T20I Player Rankings after clinching the home series against England 3-2 in Ahmedabad.
- India ended the 2021 World Shooting Para Sport competitions with seven medals.
- On March 26, 2021, The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) announced the venues for the AFC Women’s Asian Cup 2022.
- On March 28, 2021, All-rounder Thisara Perera became the first Sri Lankan to hit six sixes from one over.
- India finished at the top of the medals table at the 2021 ISSF World Cup New Delhi.
- On March 28, 2021, Lewis Hamilton won the 2021 Bahrain Grand Prix.It was held at Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir, Bahrain.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
- On March 22, 2021, Veteran Bollywood writer and director Sagar Sarhadi passed away
- World-renowned Egyptian author Nawal El Saadawi, an outspoken champion of women’s rights in the Arab world, has Passed away.
- On March 26, 2021, Noted journalist and author Anil Dharker passed away in Mumbai.
- Noted Odissi dancer LaxmipriyaMohapatra, Passes away.
- Former Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Deputy Governor & Veteran banker Kamalesh Chandra Chakrabarty passed away
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (23rd to 31st March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (16th to 22nd March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (09th to 15th March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 08th March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (21st to 28th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (14th to 20th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (09th to 13th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 08th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (23rd to 31st January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (14th to 22nd January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 13th January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (21st to 30th November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (11th to 20th November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 10th November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (18th to 31st October 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (10th to 17th October 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 09th October 2020)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 30th September 2020)
||Click Here to Download|