Dear Readers, Here we have given the list of Important Weekly Current Affairs of 22nd to 31st May 2021. Candidates those who are preparing for Upcoming SBI Clerk 2021 and other competitive exams can make use of it.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
- The International Day for Biological Diversity is a United Nations–sanctioned international day for the promotion of biodiversity issues. It is currently held on May 22. The theme for this year’s (2021) IDB is “We’re part of the solution”.
- World Turtle Day Observed on May 23. The theme for this year “Turtles Rock!” encourages a worldwide audience to see turtles as more than just rocks with legs.
- International Day to End Obstetric Fistula Observed on May 23. The theme for this year is “Women’s rights are human rights! End fistula now!”.
- National Missing Children’s Day has been commemorated in the United States on May 25, since 1983, when it was first proclaimed by President Ronald Reagan.
- World Thyroid Day takes place on 25th May each year. World Thyroid Day aims at increasing public awareness of thyroid diseases, namely the importance of their timely diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
- Menstrual Hygiene Day is an annual awareness day on May 28 to highlight the importance of good menstrual hygiene management at a global level. Theme of 2021 is ‘Action and Investment in Menstrual Hygiene and Health.
- The International Day of Action for Women’s Health is an international observance celebrated on May 28 every year since 1987. International Day of Action for Women’s Health Day 2021: Theme this year is ‘2021 Call for Action’.
- World Hunger Day takes place on 28 May with the aim of raising awareness of those who are going hungry around the world and to spur those with means to support them.
- Amnesty International Day Observed on May 28
- The “International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers”, May 29, is “an international day to pay tribute to all the men and women, The theme for this year’s Day is “The road to a lasting peace: Leveraging the power of youth for peace and security.”
- International Everest Day2021 is celebrated on May 29 every year. This day is observed in the memory of the first summit of Mount Everest by New Zealand’s Sir Edmund Hillary and Nepal’s Tenzing Norgay Sherpa that took place on May 29, 1953
- World Digestive Health Day is celebrated every year on 29th May. World Digestive Health Day 2021 theme is Obesity: An Ongoing Pandemic.
- International Week of Solidarity with the Peoples of Non-Self-Governing Territories Observed on May 25 – 31
- World No Tobacco Day(WNTD) is observed around the world every year on 31 May. The 2021 theme and campaign of World No Tobacco Day: “Commit to Quit”.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL NEWS
- Rural Advancement Minister Narendra Singh Tomar now launched Nationwide Cellular Checking Application, NMMS app and Space officer checking Application via Movie-Conferencing.
- A lab of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed a Covid-19 antibody detection-based kit called DIPCOVAN.
- The Ministry of Ayush is organizing various activities in the run up to the International Day of Yoga, 2021. One among these is a series of five webinars that the Ministry is organizing under the broad theme of “Be with Yoga, Be at Home.
- The Supreme Court E-committee released a manual for its free e-courts mobile application in 14 languages for better reach among litigants and lawyers.
- The Ministry of Culture announced Six Indian sites, including the temples of Kanchipuram in Tamil Nadu, the Ganga ghats in Varanasi, and the Satpura Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh, have been added to the tentative list of UNESCO’s world heritage sites.
- Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan chairs 74th World Health Assembly.
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar met UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres in New York and discussed the COVID challenge, underlining the importance of finding urgent and effective global vaccine solutions.
- Union Minister of state (IC) for Ayush Shri Kiren Rijiju will launch the Ayush Clinical Case Repository (ACCR) portal and the third version of Ayush Sanjivani App in a virtual event.
- The Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment being the nodal ministry for Transgender Welfare has decided to provide a subsistence allowance of Rs.1500 to each Transgender person as immediate support to meet their basic requirements.
- The Indian Institute of Technology in Punjab’s Ropar stated that the institute along with Australia based Monash University has developed a unique detector named ‘FakeBuster’ to detect imposters attending a virtual conference without anybody’s knowledge.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a number of welfare measures for children who lost their parents to COVID-19, including ensuring a corpus of Rs 10 lakh when they turn 18 and providing for their education.
- The government launched YUVA Prime Minister’s Scheme for Mentoring Young Authors, an author mentorship programme to train 75 selected young and budding authors (below 30 years of age) with an aim to promote reading and writing.
- The Centre announced some measures to financially help families who lost earning members to the corona virus disease (Covid-19). These measures are meant to help families maintain a good standard of living.
- The GST Council, which is headed by the Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and comprises representatives of all states and union territories, exempted levy of I-GST on import of Amphotericin-B, which is used for the treatment of black fungus.
- The Centre issued an advisory for private television channels, asking them to help the government spread awareness about the corona virus disease (Covid-19) pandemic by displaying four national level helpline numbers. The National Helpline of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare for Covid related queries is – 1075, the Child Helpline Number of Ministry of Women and Child Development is – 1098.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- The World Bank approves 600 million US Dollars for two projects in Bangladesh. It is for to help over 1.75 million poor and vulnerable people in the country.
- The UK is working with the World Health Organization (WHO) to launch ‘global pandemic radar’ to identify emerging COVID-19 variants and track new diseases around the world.
- Conservative Guillermo Lasso assumed the presidency of Ecuador, becoming the country’s first right-wing leader in 14 years.
- Mata’afa was sworn in as the country’s first female prime minister at an extraordinary ceremony in a tent outside parliament after the island nation’s long-serving ruler refused to cede power and ordered the doors of the building to be locked.
- Syrian President Bashar Assad was re-elected in a landslide, ushering in a fourth seven-year term in the war-torn country following an election described as illegitimate and a sham by the West and his opposition.
- Under India’s Chairship, BRICS countries held second Sherpas and Sous Sherpas’ meeting for four days from May 25 to May 28, wherein they discussed the preparations for the upcoming meeting of the BRICS Foreign Ministers, which is scheduled to be held on June 1.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE NEWS
- Maharashtra government has launched the “Mission Oxygen Self-Reliance” scheme to meet the state’s oxygen needs.
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Tirath Singh Rawat has announced Chief Minister Vatsalya Yojana for orphaned children who have lost their parents due to Covid-19.
- Corona patients in Jharkhand can book hospital beds online through ‘Amrit Vahini’ App launched by CM Hemant Soren.
- The Madhya Pradesh government announced the launch of Ankur, a scheme under which citizens will be awarded for planting trees during monsoon.
- Jharkhand has clinched the first position in the recent ranking released by the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India, based on the progress of the implementation of the Smart City Mission’s schemes running in different 100 cities of the Country’s 36 states and union territories.
- A comprehensive portal on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities by companies in Karnataka, `Akanksha,’ was launched by chief minister B S Yediyurappa in Bengaluru.
- The Punjab Government finally announced to rename the Mohali International Hockey Stadium, Sector 63, after triple Olympian and Padma Shri Balbir Singh Sr. The stadium will now be known as Olympian Balbir Singh Senior International Hockey Stadium.
- The Uttar Pradesh government extended the Essential Services Maintenance Act in the state, banning strikes in all departments and corporations under it for a period of another six months.
- Chief Minister N Biren Singh launched Manipur Home Isolation Management (MHIM) mobile application for home isolation patients at the Chief Minister’s Secretariat.
- In Kerala, a portable oxygen cylinder has been introduced for use in the event of corona suffocation. 86 lakh persons in India have been targeted for corona in the previous 24 hours.
- The implementation of promises made in the Left Democratic Front (LDF) manifesto, Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan mentioned a Secretary Level Committee will make the guidelines and recommendations for the implementation of Smart Kitchen by July 10.
- Jal Shakti ministry stated that, The Centre has allocated Rs 5,117 crore to Madhya Pradesh under the Jal Jeevan Mission, a four-fold rise than last year, and released its first tranche of Rs 1,184 crore.
- Chief Minister M.K. Stalin stated that, Children who have lost their parents to COVID-19 will be given 5 lakh in assistance in the form of a fixed deposit, and the sum will be given to them with interest when they turn 18.
- Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma announced the Mukhyamantri Sishu Sewa Achoni scheme which will provide relief to children who have lost their parents due to Covid-19.
- The Uttar Pradesh government launched a welfare scheme for children who have either lost both of their parents to COVID-19 or the earning parent.
- The J&K Government has adopted a comprehensive approach, by creating a Special Cell in the Social Welfare Department to identify and track support to these families over time, in the spirit of leaving no one behind. Under the scheme, called ‘Special Assistance Scheme for COVID Mortalities (SASCM)’, cash assistance of Rs 1000 per month shall be provided to the spouse and the eldest member of the family.
- The National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI) has developed a simple and fast method of swab collection and processing for the RT-PCR coronavirus test which could be used in rural and tribal areas.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS NEWS
- The Hero Group has announced the launch of Hero Vired, a new edtech company. The edtech venture will offer an end-to-end learning ecosystem.
- Drug major Cipla announced the commercialization of its RT-PCR test kit ‘ViraGen’ for COVID-19 in India, in partnership with Ubio Biotechnology Systems.
- MG Motor India launched a platform for free online medical consultation with doctors for its customers as part of its COVID-19 relief initiatives.
- Internet Explorer was once the most widely used web browser, obtaining a peak of about 95 percent usage share by 2003.
- Tata Consultancy Services’ programming contest, TCS CodeVita, has won a Guinness World Records title for the world’s largest computer programming competition.
- The International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) has been established as a unified regulator to develop and regulate financial products, financial services and financial institutions in the International Financial Service Centers (IFSCs) in India.
- Internet tech giants including Facebook, WhatsApp, and Twitter could be in trouble as they are yet to fully comply with the new IT rules announced by the Government in February.
- com Inc said that it is buying MGM, the fabled US movie studio home to the James Bond franchise, for 8.45 billion US Dollars.
- US-based helicopter transport services provider Blade’s Indian subsidiary announced the launch of medical emergency services across the country, amid an increasing demand for air ambulance services in the wake of the pandemic.
- Tata Consultancy Services stated it has been listed among top 25 Best Big Companies to work for in the United Kingdom and among the Best Companies in the Consultancy sector.
- The Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF), the apex body of broadcasters, is being renamed Indian Broadcasting and Digital Foundation (IBDF), as it expands its purview to cover digital platforms to bring all digital over-the-top streaming firms under one roof.
- Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative (IFFCO) will launch Nano Urea in the market next month. 500-ml Nano Urea, which costs 240 rupees, is equivalent to 45kg of normal urea.
- Indian Institute of Management Indore has joined hands with The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ), German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), to connect the dots across myriad sectors to understand how they grappled with COVID-19 for forthcoming pandemic preparedness.
- Digital payments provider Paytm is all set to make its market debut as early as this year, with an aim to raise $3 billion (around Rs 22,000 crore).
- The Assam government will implement the “Guardian Ministers” system by allocating each of the 13 ministers two to three districts for supervision of all aspects, including policy decisions and schemes.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING NEWS
- Equitas Small Finance Bank has touched a new milestone by becoming the first Small Finance Bank to offer its NRI customer segment the ease of account opening online.
- The RBI has imposed monetary penalty on City Union Bank, Tamilnad Mercantile Bank and two other lenders for contravention of certain directions issued by the central bank non-compliance with certain provisions contained in the RBI (Lending to Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME) Sector) Directions, 2017
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will transfer Rs 99,122 crore as surplus to the central government for the nine months ended March 31 (July 2020-March 2021).
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance (ABSLI), the life insurance subsidiary of Aditya Birla Capital Limited (ABCL), announced the launch of a hyper-flexible savings plan – ABSLI Vision Life Income Plus Plan that provides guaranteed regular income plus flexible bonus pay-outs.
- ICICI Bank officially revealed the debut of a one-of-a-kind feature that allows users to link their UPI (Unified Payments Interface) IDs to their digital wallet ’Pockets’.
- Barclays has pegged India’s economic growth for fiscal 2021-22 (FY22) – as measured by gross domestic product (GDP) – at 7.7 per cent in the bear-case scenario, if the country is hit by the third wave of the Covid pandemic going ahead.
- Banking technology startup Zeta has raised $250 million from Japanese investment major SoftBank at a valuation of $1.45 billion, its co-founder and chief executive Bhavin Turakhia.
- The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has partnered with a Turkish global payment solutions company PayCore as a certified partner for RuPay Soft POS to promote contactless payments across the country.
- State-run Canara Bank’s board approved a plan to raise up to Rs 9,000 crore in the current financial year (FY22), of which Rs 2,500 crore will be through a Qualified Institutional Placement (QIP), to meet regulatory norms and support growth.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) imposed a 10 crore fine on private sector lender HDFC Bank Ltd for selling vehicle-tracking devices to its auto loan customers.
- YES BANK announced the implementation of TransUnion’s onboarding solution. This solution will enable YES BANK to onboard its credit card customers efficiently and quickly.
- Recently Punjab National Bank (PNB) and PNB Housing Finance have stepped into a new agreement. This brand agreement gives PNB the right to withdraw their brand name from the mortgage lender.
- Public sector banks in India have announced various support measures and launch of new loan products to mitigate the impact of Covid pandemic. This will include the unsecured loans of upto 5 lakh rupees to individuals to meet their and family members’ COVID-19 treatment cost.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENT AND RESIGNATION NEWS
- Essence, a global data and measurement-driven media agency which is part of GroupM, announced the appointment of Sonali Malaviya as the agency’s managing director for India.
- An Indian-origin Human Sciences student from Magdalen College at the University of Oxford has been declared the winner at the end of a Student Union (SU) byelection.
- The Banks Board Bureau (BBB) has recommended the name of S L Jain for the post of managing director (MD) of state-owned Indian Bank.
- CPM’s MB Rajesh was elected the Speaker of the 15th Kerala Assembly with support from 96 legislators in the 140-member Assembly.
- Senior IPS officer from Maharashtra Subodh Kumar Jaiswal will be the new Director of the Central Bureau of Investigation.
- Karnataka Bank Ltd has appointed Balakrishna Alse S, former Executive Director of Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC), as Additional Director (Non-Executive, Independent) at its board meeting.
- The Reserve Bank of India’s Innovation Hub (RBIH) appointed Rajesh Bansal as its chief executive officer.
- S. President Joe Biden announced his intent to nominate Indian American Arun Venkataraman to a key position in his administration related to foreign commercial service.
- ACC approves appointment of Anu J Singh, J B Mohaparta and Anuja Sarangi as new members. The Government approved appointment of three members for the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT). CBDT is the apex policy making body for direct taxes such as Personal Income Tax and Corporate Tax.
- com Inc. ‘s stated in annual shareholder meeting new chief executive officer will take the reins on July 5, the 27th anniversary of the company’s incorporation, outgoing CEO Jeff Bezos.
- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced that David Barnea will be the next head of Israel’s Mossad espionage agency.
- The Home Ministry order stated that CRPF chief Kuldiep Singh has been given the additional charge of the Director-General of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) to replace Y C Modi, who will retire on May 31, 2021.
- J&K Chief Secretary, B V R Subrahmanyam, was posted as OSD in the Union Commerce Ministry and will succeed Commerce Secretary Anup Wadhawan on his retirement next month-end.
- Raymond Ltd stated it has appointed Harmohan Sahni as chief executive officer (CEO) of its realty business.
- Former Indian Customs officer, Jagjit Pavadia has been elected as the President of the International Narcotics Control Board (NCB) becoming the first Indian to head this international body based in Vienna.
- The S.Senate confirmed Christine Wormuth, an international security expert and Defense Department aide during the Obama administration, as secretary of the Army. She is the first woman to serve in the role.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE NEWS
- On May 21, 2021, INS Rajput, the first destroyer of the Indian Navy, will be decommissioned after over 41 years of service. It was the lead ship of the Kashin-class destroyers built by the erstwhile USSR. The ship had the motto “Raj Karega Rajput’’
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ENVIRONMENT
- In the Saurashtra region of Gujarat, Indian Meteorological Department Informed that Tauktae the extremely Severe Cyclonic Storm made landfall. It is Formed in the Arabian Sea.
- A group of researchers has discovered a new species of racer snake named Platyceps josephi from Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu . The new species is named after late herpetologist Naveen Joseph. It is published in Vertebrate Zoology.
- Researchers of the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Bhopal, have discovered a new endangered species Didymocarpus vickifunkiae of a plant belonging to the African Violets family in Mizoram and its adjacent areas in Myanmar.
- A massive chunk of iceberg named A-76 has broken off Antarctica. It Becomes the largest iceberg in the world. It was first spotted by a British Antarctic Survey researcher. It was then confirmed by the U.S. National Ice Center (USNIC) using images from the Sentinel-1A satellite.
- On May 26, 2021, the India Meteorological Department (IMD) informed that the very severe cyclonic storm Yaas caused landfall between Bahanaga and Remuna coast of Balasore in Odisha.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
- The John Templeton Foundation has awarded the 2021 Templeton Prize to world-renowned ethologist and conservationist Jane Goodall, whose groundbreaking discoveries have changed humanity’s understanding of its role in the natural world.
- Guardiola’s award came just days after it was announced that City defender Ruben Dias had been voted the footballer of the year by England’s Football Writers Association.
- The Indian Council for Cultural Relations is likely to institute ‘Annapurna Award’ for Indian restaurants abroad that attract the highest footfall of local non-NRI people.
- Padma Bhushan awardee Dr D Nageshwar Reddy, who is also the chairman of AIG Hospitals, has won the highest honour from the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) — the Rudolf V Schindler Award.
- Hockey India has won the prestigious Etienne Glichitch Award in recognition of its contribution to the growth and development of the sport in the country. The awards were announced by the game’s governing body FIH during the Hockey Invites virtual conference. It was part of its 47th FIH Congress which concluded with the FIH Honorary Awards.
- The Kerala Infrastructure and Technology for Education (KITE) under the Department of General Education has won the Social Media for Empowerment Awards South Asia ( SM4E) award for using social media for social empowerment to ensure digital education through the ‘First Bell; programme in the state.
- Indian economist and Nobel Laureate Amartya Kumar Sen has been conferred with Spain’s top Princess of Asturias Award in the social sciences category, the Spanish prize foundation announced.
- Rao has received International Eni Award 2020 for research into renewable energy sources and energy storage, also called the Energy Frontier award.
- Private Secretary to Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik and IAS, V Karthikeyan Pandian was named as a recipient of the prestigious FIH (International Hockey Federation) President’s Award.
- SpiceHealth, a healthcare company founded by the promoters of SpiceJet, has won the Gold Award at the 2021 Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards for ‘Most Valuable Medical Innovation’ under coronavirus disease (Covid-19) response category.
- For the first time since its creation in 1783 in the wake of the French Revolution, the Musée du Louvre will be headed by a woman, Laurence des Cars, the current head of the Musée d’Orsay and the much smaller Musée de l’Orangerie.
- Three Indian peacekeepers, who laid down their lives while serving in UN peacekeeping missions last year, are among 129 military, police and civilian personnel honoured with a prestigious UN medal awarded posthumously for courage and sacrifice in the line of duty.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU’s AND AGREEMENTS
- Dun & Bradstreet Information Services India, a global provider of B2B data, insights, and AI-driven platforms, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with BSE to create an ecosystem for promoting, aiding, and fostering the growth of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in the country.
- The National Health Authority, NHA has signed an MoU with Telangana Government for implementation of Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY) in the state with immediate effect.
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has granted ex-post facto approval to the Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) entered into by Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICoAl) and Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) with various Foreign Countries/Organizations.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) and Switzerland May 25, 2021 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to launch a BioHub facility for pathogen storage, sharing and analysis.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- On May 19, 2021, China successfully launched a new ocean-monitoring satellite Haiyang-2D (HY-2D) into orbit. The satellite was launched by a Long March-4B rocket from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in northwest China.
- On May 19, 2021, Microsoft announced that the Internet Explorer 11 desktop browser will be retired on June 15, 2022, for certain versions of Windows 10.
- The United States National Aeronautics and Space Administration is sending its first mobile robot VIPER to the moon in 2023.
- India has announced it will launch a mobile tech platform UNITE AWARE’ for the United Nations Peacekeepers. It will be launched during India’s United Nations Security Council (UNSC) Presidency term in August 2021.
- On May 27, 2021, Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched an online portal called ‘Services e-Health Assistance & Tele-consultation’ or ‘SeHAT’ OPD. The services can be availed by registering on the website https://sehatopd.in/.
- On May 28, 2021, The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed the near isothermal forging technology used in manufacturing parts for aero engines. The technology has been developed by Defence Metallurgical Research Laboratory (DMRL), a premier metallurgical laboratory of DRDO in Hyderabad.
- The International Astronomical Union (IAU) has approved China’s application for naming eight new features on the moon around the landing site of the Chang’e-5 probe.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING & INDEX
- The 2021 Forbes‘ list of the world’s highest-paid athletes, the former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and renowned mixed martial arts superstar Conor McGregor, has been ranked top position.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS & AUTHORS
- A new book titled “India and Asian Geopolitics: The Past, Present which has been authored by Indian diplomat Shivshankar Menon has been released. The book is published by Brookings Institution.
- Bollywood actress & Television Director Neena Gupta’s Autobiography Titled ‘Sach Kahun Toh is set to be Released On June 14, 2021. The Autobiography Can be Published by Penguin Random House India.
- Aditya Gupta, a Delhi-based entrepreneur and mountaineer authored a book titled 7 Lessons from Everest Expedition Learnings from Life and Business.
- A New book, titled “Savarkar: A contested Legacy (1924-1966), was authored byVikram Sampath. The book is Published by the Penguin Random House India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
- On May 20, 2021, The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) raised its stake to 5.06% in state-run Union Bank of India with acquisition of nearly 2% additional stake in the bank.
- On May 27, 2021, Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved an internal restructure of Motherson Group that has been granted. It was made by Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd. (MSSL), Samvardhana Motherson International Ltd. (SAMIL) and Sumitomo Wiring Systems Ltd. (SWS).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: PERSONS IN NEWS
- Squadron Leader Aashritha V Olety graduated as the first woman flight test engineer in India from the Air Force Test Pilot School. She is the only female officer to have undergone the training and passed till date.
- Ms Tsang Yin-hung, 45, reached the top of the world’s highest mountain from base camp in 25 hours and 50 minutes.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPS & SERVICES
- The Indian Institute of Technology in Ropar, Punjab has developed a detector called FakeBuster. It is a deep fake detector to identify and prevent imposters from attending video conferencing and manipulating faces on social media. It has been developed by IIT Ropar in partnership with Australia based Monash University.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS NEWS
- For the first time in the club’s history, Barcelona beat Chelsea 4-0 to win the Women’s Champions League final.
- The 2022 FIFA under-17 Women’s World Cup will be held in India from October 11 to 30, 2022. Earlier this event was scheduled to be held in India in 2021, but it was cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- On May 23, 2021, Max Verstappen won the 2021 Monaco Grand Prix. Carlos Sainz Jr. came second place and Lando Norris came third place.
- On May 23, 2021, Phil Mickelson won the PGA Championship by two shots over Brooks Koepka and South African Louis Oosthuizen.
- On May 22, 2021, Atletico Madrid won the 2020-21 La Liga title. Since 2013–14 It was their first title. This was their eleventh overall La Liga title.
- England and Ireland pacer Boyd Rankin, has announced his retirement from international cricket.
- On May 25, 2021, The Mohali International Hockey Stadium was renamed after the legendary Balbir Singh Sr on the occasion of his first death anniversary.
- Germany’s World Cup-winner midfielder Sami Khedira announced his retirement.
- 2021 ATP lyon open Title World No.5 Stefanos tsitsipas defeated Briton Cameron Norrie to win the Single Title. It was held at Velodrome Georges Preveral, Lyon, France from May 17,2021 to May 23, 2021.
- Casper Ruud won the Men’s Single Title of the 2021 Geneva Open Tennis (18th edition) held in Tennis Club de Geneve, Geneva, Switzerland, from May 16, 2021, to May 22, 2021.
- Representing Kansas State University, India’s Tejaswini Shankar won back-to-back men’s high jump titles in the Big 12 Outdoor Track and Field Championships in Manhattan, USA.
- On May 29, 2021, Chelsea beat Manchester City 1-0 in the 2020-21 UEFA Champions League final to win their 2nd title.
- On May 30, 2021, The 2021 ASBC Asian Boxing Championships, Indian pugilist Mary Kom, lost to two-time world champion Nazym Kyzaibay of Kazakhstan, to settle for silver medal.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
- On May 21, 2021, Noted environmentalist and Gandhian activist, Sunderlal Bahuguna Passed away.
- On May 23, 2021, former chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission, Srikumar Banerjee Passed away.
- On May 22, 2021, Veteran music director Raam Laxman Passed away.
- The former NSG director-general JK Dutt, Passed away.
- On May 21, 2021, India’s first Dronacharya awardee coach in boxing, O P Bhardwaj, Passed away.
- On May 22, 2021, Yuan Longping, a Chinese agriculture scientist, passed away.
- On May 23,2021, Vir Chakra awardee Panjab Singh passed away.
- On May 26, 2021, Eminent Gandhian and freedom fighter HS Doreswamy passed away,
- On May 23, 2021, The children’s author and illustrator, Eric Carle, Passed away.
- On May 29, 2021, Former Vice Chancellor of Anna University and Prominent educationist M. Anandakrishnan Passed away.
- On May 27, 2021, The Conservative Prime Minister of Denmark, Poul Schlüter Passed away.
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st May 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (16th to 21st May 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 15th May 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th May 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 30th April 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st April 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th April 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th April 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (23rd to 31st March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (16th to 22nd March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (09th to 15th March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 08th March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (21st to 28th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (14th to 20th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (09th to 13th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 08th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (23rd to 31st January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (14th to 22nd January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 13th January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th December 2020)||Click Here to Download|