World Bicycle Day 2021 Theme: World bicycle day is celebrated for honoring the bicycle for bringing uniqueness, durability, and sustainable means of transportation to the lives of the people. World Bicycle Day 2021 will be celebrated on Saturday, 3rd of June 2021. The fourth world bicycle day will be celebrated this year. It is also essential for aspirants to know the World Bicycle Day 2021 theme. World Bicycle Day was founded by Professor Leszek Sibilski and it was celebrated for the first time on 3rd June 2018 at the UN General Assembly in New York. The interesting fact of this day is that it is celebrated globally all over the world. The use of bicycles is beneficial to us both physically and mentally and also it is an affordable and environmentally friendly means of transportation. Cycling can make your lifestyle healthy and can be considered an excellent workout if you are not a regular gym person. Go through the article to know more about World Bicycle Day 2021 theme, quotes, date, history, & more.
World Bicycle Day is celebrated to motivate the individual to maintain physical fitness and a healthy lifestyle. Regular Physical Exercises can be helpful in preventing and controlling various diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, mental illness, arthritis, and so on. If you cycle with nutritious food on a regular basis, then you can minimize the risk of various illnesses. Read the complete article to get detailed information about World Bicycle Day 2021 theme & history.
World Bicycle Day 2021 Theme:
The main aim of this day is to motivate individuals to understand the benefits of the cycle in developing a sustainable environment, encouraging a healthy lifestyle, preventing illness, and establishing peace in the world.
The World Bicycle Day 2021 Theme – “Uniqueness, versatility, and longevity of the bicycle as a simple, sustainable, economical, and reliable mode of transportation”
Why is World Bicycle Day 2021 Celebrated?
There are various positive reasons why World Bicycle Day is celebrated all over the world. The best part is that anyone can ride a bicycle irrespective of their financial status. Check the points discussed below to know the reason behind the celebration of World Bicycle Day 2021.
- It motivates the member states to pay special attention to various development programs and encourage bicycling in local, national, regional, and sub-national policies and development.
- It motivates member states to bring improvement in road safety measures and unify sustainable cycling mobility and encourage pedestrian safety for a healthy lifestyle result.
- This day is celebrated to motivate stakeholders to prioritize bicycle use and spread awareness of strengthening mental health through education which includes physical education, protection from disease, interaction, and the facility of social awareness.
- Another motive of this day is to inspire the member states to focus and adopt the best practices for various projects related to spreading bicycle awareness at the local, national, and international levels to maintain the physical fitness and mental well-being of the individuals.
Due to the increasing cases of COVID-19, it is not possible to gather in masses and celebrate this day like it was celebrated before with full enthusiasm. Therefore, people are advised to maintain the social distancing norms and enjoy their bicycle ride alone.
What are the Health Benefits of Bicycle?
Refer to the following points to know the health benefits of cycling on a regular basis mentioned below:
- It lowers the risk of developing heart-related diseases.
- It improves the strength of muscles, lungs, and can be an effective workout for the individuals
- It lowers the stress factor among the individuals who opt for cycling.
- Another health benefit of the bicycle is that it improves cardiovascular fitness.
- It also improves the body posture of the individual and brings coordination.
- It also makes the bones stronger and improves joint mobility.
- It is also helpful in burning facts that lead to reducing the risk of obesity.
- It prevents or protects the diseases.
- Reduces anxiety and depression.
World Bicycle Day 2021 Theme – FAQs:
Here check some FAQs regarding World bicycle day 2021 theme, date, etc.
Q: When will World Bicycle Day 2021 be celebrated?
A: World Bicycle Day is celebrated on Saturday, 3rd of June 2021.
Q: What is the main motto of celebrating World Bicycle Day every year?
A: The main motto is to motivate people in understanding the advantages of the cycle in developing a sustainable environment, encouraging a healthy lifestyle, preventing illness, and establishing peace in the world.
Q: What is the World Bicycle Day 2021 Theme?
A: The World Bicycle Day 2021 Theme is, “Uniqueness, versatility, and longevity of the bicycle as a simple, sustainable, economical, and reliable mode of transportation”.